This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Salad Dressing

mbg98

mbg98 Contributor

hello,

Made a great grilled chicken salad for dinner and used my favorite dressing (Kraft three cheese ranch) I am pretty sure it is safe. It did say modified food starch , but I was under the impression that with Kraft they would go into more detail if it did include any wheat products, am i right?

What salad dressings does everyone else use?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

If it was Kraft, and it didn't say anything about wheat, barley, rye, or oats, you're A-OK!

Personally, I use Chick-Fil-A buttermilk ranch, lol.

Whenever I go there (at least once a week) I get one or two extra packets of ranch, and I don't feel guilty because, being chick-fil-A, they charge for EVERYTHING, including extra dressing!!! :P

Yummy and portable!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I use Annie's. Organicville is pretty good too and makes a great gluten-free Goddess dressing (but the Annie's Goddess dressing has gluten). Both will label gluten-free on the bottle.

mbg98 Contributor
If it was Kraft, and it didn't say anything about wheat, barley, rye, or oats, you're A-OK!

Personally, I use Chick-Fil-A buttermilk ranch, lol.

Whenever I go there (at least once a week) I get one or two extra packets of ranch, and I don't feel guilty because, being chick-fil-A, they charge for EVERYTHING, including extra dressing!!! :P

Yummy and portable!

off the subject but what do you normally get to eat when you go to Chick-fil-a, I haven't dared to try resteraunts yet with the exception of Outback.

off the subject but what do you normally get to eat when you go to Chick-fil-a, I haven't dared to try resteraunts yet with the exception of Outback.

I usually get either the grilled chicken garden salad or the grilled chicken sandwich, no bun, with fries, etc. I eat there all the time with no problems! :)

mbg98 Contributor
I usually get either the grilled chicken garden salad or the grilled chicken sandwich, no bun, with fries, etc. I eat there all the time with no problems! :)

So the fries are safe? Im dying for fries!!

So the fries are safe? Im dying for fries!!

OH YEAH!!! Eat those greasy waffley potatoes of goodness because they are SAFE!!! Chick-fil-A is nuts about their dedicated friers!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kevsmom Contributor

I love Wegman's Gluten Free Light Ranch Dressing. All of their gluten free products have a big orange circle with a white G in the middle for gluten free!!!!

Cindy

jenvan Collaborator

I use Annie's Tuscan Italian and Seeds of Change Italian Herb--my 2 favs--gluten-free/cf.

pinkpei77 Contributor

i use annies tuscan italian too!! its sooo yummy!

but i dont like any of the other annies

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I do the Wegmans dressings all the time. I use the Ranch...yummy!

mmaccartney Explorer

You dairy tolerant people kill me!! :angry::angry::angry::D

What I would give to eat a salad topped with Kraft Buttermilk Ranch dressing. The closest I can come is Hidden valley ranch produces a Kosher ranch dressing powder mix (Check the ethnic aisles at the supermarket), and I mix that with soymilk, and soy sour cream. It's not the best tasting, but it cures the need for ranch!!!!

Anyhow, Newmans Own Balsamic Vinaigrette is my absoloute favorite...aside from ranch..

Mango04 Enthusiast
You dairy tolerant people kill me!! :angry::angry::angry::D

All the dairy intolerant people who miss ranch should try the ranch dressing made out of cashews. You just put cashews in a blender with a few other ingredients and it is amazing. I put it on everything. I even put it on Tinkyada pasta once :D All of my gluten and dairy-eating friends love it too. I think Tarnalberry posted a recipe for it. It is sooooo good!!!!!!

mbg98 Contributor
OH YEAH!!! Eat those greasy waffley potatoes of goodness because they are SAFE!!! Chick-fil-A is nuts about their dedicated friers!!!!

So Im back to the fry thing, when you get fries there do you tell them you have to be gluten-free or you can just order the fries because it is normal for them to be cooked in seperate fryers? Im getting excited to make a trip to Chick-fil-A!!!!

So Im back to the fry thing, when you get fries there do you tell them you have to be gluten-free or you can just order the fries because it is normal for them to be cooked in seperate fryers? Im getting excited to make a trip to Chick-fil-A!!!!

It's normal for the fries to be in a dedicated fryer. They have a fryer for chicken and one for fries. I only mention gluten-free if I'm getting a bunless sandwich, I don't worry about the fries. Just order the fries normally! :D

jaten Enthusiast
I only mention gluten-free if I'm getting a bunless sandwich, I don't worry about the fries. Just order the fries normally! :D

Oh, yes! Chick Fil A has been a safe place for me. We don't have one hear, so have only done it 3-4 times, but haven't been glutened.

Just an observation, ChelsE, CFA has a grilled chicken breast/patty as an entree. I've always mention bunless, and they always smile and tell me I don't have to worry that if I order the grilled chicken (whatever) entree, that's what I will get and that the entrees are no where near their sandwiches. Color me happy :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks guys about all of the Chick Fil A info. We have them here, and I never would have thought I could eat there! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Babycakes Newbie
I use Annie's Tuscan Italian and Seeds of Change Italian Herb--my 2 favs--gluten-free/cf.

Does anyone know if Good Seasons dry italian mix is gluten-free?

Lillyth Explorer
hello,

Made a great grilled chicken salad for dinner and used my favorite dressing (Kraft three cheese ranch) I am pretty sure it is safe. It did say modified food starch , but I was under the impression that with Kraft they would go into more detail if it did include any wheat products, am i right?

What salad dressings does everyone else use?

I always steer away from anything that says "modified food starch" on it, as it's kind of llike playing russian roulette.

My personal favorite is Follow Your Heart Organic Chipotle-Lime Ranch Dressing. It says right on the bottle "gluten-free". I get it at my local co-op. It's yummy (albiet a bit on the spicy side, so if you don't like spicy, don't get it, but I do know that they make other flavors. (It's kept in the refrigerated section).

Archived