• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have a couple more questions regarding this gluten-free diet...I did cheat this weekend after going gluten-free for one day, but I wasn't sure what to do since I have to wait so long for a dr. appointment. So yesterday and today I go gluten-free again, but this time I am not feeling the same positive changes as I did a few days ago when I tried it...

I still feel extremely hungry shortly after eating and a bit of bloating (though not so much). I also had a bout of d or urgency (strange since I am always extreme constipation), but perhaps I can relate that to eating so many vegetables? I have been snacking on raw carrots and cauliflower for the past two days, something my body isn't as used to...I know, this diet may take time to make me feel normal again (I don't even know what normal is anymore!! hah).

One question: is heart palpitations a symptom? I sometimes feel flutters from my heart which I am not exactly sure if its palpitations or just nerves fluttering...I have had a couple anxiety attacks in the past, and I used to (not so much lately) feel like my heart was racing, and I couldn't relax or get enough air, but when checked it wasn't so bad and my blood pressure was normal...sorry, does this make any sense?

Thanks for the awsome help here, I really appreciate it!

My post disappeared... :blink:

I have a couple more questions regarding this gluten-free diet...I did cheat this weekend after going gluten-free for one day, but I wasn't sure what to do since I have to wait so long for a dr. appointment. So yesterday and today I go gluten-free again, but this time I am not feeling the same positive changes as I did a few days ago when I tried it...

I still feel extremely hungry shortly after eating and a bit of bloating (though not so much). I also had a bout of d or urgency (strange since I am always extreme constipation), but perhaps I can relate that to eating so many vegetables? I have been snacking on raw carrots and cauliflower for the past two days, something my body isn't as used to...I know, this diet may take time to make me feel normal again (I don't even know what normal is anymore!! hah).

One question: is heart palpitations a symptom? I sometimes feel flutters from my heart which I am not exactly sure if its palpitations or just nerves fluttering...I have had a couple anxiety attacks in the past, and I used to (not so much lately) feel like my heart was racing, and I couldn't relax or get enough air, but when checked it wasn't so bad and my blood pressure was normal...sorry, does this make any sense?

Thanks for the awsome help here, I really appreciate it!

My post disappeared... :blink:

Be patient - even though that seems impossible. I still get frustrated after 3 years.

The more sugar you eliminate and more water you drink that will help with feeling hungry as your body adjusts. Increased water will also help with constipation too. You will be fine!