• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

NicoleAJ

Air India?

Rate this topic

I'm flying to Paris in May on Air India, and they have a million and a half dietary options for their meals; one of which is gluten free. I've seen a lot of posts about airlines not coming through with their special meals, so I'll bring my own food just in case, but I was wondering if anyone had any luck with Air India's gluten free meals? I'm assuming that because many of their meal selections are tied to religious necessity that they will probably be a bit more aware of dietary needs and cross contamination. Am I wrong?

I would bring my own food, and order a Fruit Plate, if they have it to avoid CC and other issues.

I've never flown Air India, perhaps it won't be an issue for you.

The last thing you want to do is get sick on an airplane...trust me!

I got one on a Continental flight from Newark to Europe. It was strawberries, oranges, apples, and I think it had blueberries on it, but don't quote me. I got some funny looks when they brought me 2 fruit plates in a row instead of a salad and then main course, BUT i did not get sick..