• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

romeo77

Gluten In Recreational Drugs?

Rate this topic

Greeting fellow celiacs,

had a question i thought i might post as i am curious to know the answer.

Would non medical drugs such as estacy, heroin, LSD , speed / amphetamines etc contain gluten ??

Not a personel question by any means, i have just have heard different opinions and wanted to find out for sure..

regards

dann :)

well now, how would you know unless you made the drugs your self, or knew the person that did?

gluten is used as a binder in many pharmaceutical drugs, so any "street drugs" in a pill or powder form would be questionable. Powders (such as cocaine, some speeds, crystal LSD) are "cut" to increase the quantity, and hence the profit. If you don't know what's in it, and you've got noone to ask....you're taking a huge risk!

"Natural" drugs (Such as pot or mushrooms) shouldn't be any more a problem then fresh veggies though..

Good question, people in this and other countries do use illegal drugs....medically and otherwise....so having knowledge and asking questions is a good thing. we can make the substances illegal, but knowledge about them should never be restricted...

Many drugs such as heroin, cocaine, crack etc. They are cut with numerous things such as: cornstarch, sugar, flour, some have been known to cut them with cleanser and other nasty substances. So, needless to say I wouldn't be taking them.

If its man-made, its suspect. If its in a pill form, the binders are suspect. If its on paper, like LSD can be, the paper and the additive are suspect. Most LSD in "dot" form is cut with strictnine, which is what gives the "joker grin" effect. Fun eh? If its a powder, the cut is suspect. If it doesn't look like it came right off a tree or a bush or a cactus, I would suspect it of having gluten. Thats my philosophy on everything, figure it can most definitely extend to drugs.

Elonwy