This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Beer In Vegas

VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I just bought a case of Lakefront Brewery's New Grist Gluten Free Beer.

It is in my fridge at home waiting to be opened.

I think I sobbed at the grocery store here in town (Whole Foods)

Hooray Beer!!!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

elonwy Enthusiast

Is there only one whole foods? I'm going to be there a week from now, I may hit whole foods on my way to the hotel from the airport.

Elonwy

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Unfortunately,

the Whole Foods are on the West side of Vegas and the Southeast side. (The Strip is sorta in the middle as is the airport).

However, being an accomodating member of glutenfreeforum.com, I could always bring you a "sixer" if necessary. Just get a hold of me, elonwy...

Let me know!

Bronco

Also,

Here are some restaurants you should try while you are here (gluten friendly)

1. Samba in the Mirage -- it is a Brazilian BBQ (serve the food on spears) -- anyway the chef understands celiac and cross contamination issues. One of the servers has a mom that is Celiac.

2. Carnegie Deli in the Mirage -- Bring your own gluten-free bread and split a Corned Beef Sandwich with someone (no bread) Huge sandwich!

3. Sushi Buffet in the Aladdin -- all you can eat for like $20

4. Craftsteak in MGM --- really nice hanger steak with a red wine bordelaize and yummy mashed potatoes -- good arugula salad too

5. Aquaknox in MGM -- I had the Seafood Cioppino there and it was good. The chef is familiar with Celiac.

6. Bouchon in the Venetian -- great for breakfast (wonderful omelettes and coffee)

7. Staxx in the Mirage -- chef is familiar with Celiac and they have good chicken/steak dishes here

8. Hugo Cellars in 4 queens (old Vegas) -- my favorite place to eat -- its been in Vegas for decades - used to be a big "mafia" place to eat -- now it is one of the locals favorites to eat. Lobster, steak, chicken -- just everything is great! Highly recommend it!

9. Fix Steakhouse in the Bellagio -- nice steaks and the lobster mashed potatoes are to die for.

10. The usual (Outback, PF changs in Aladdin, Roy's, Bahama Breeze)

Hope that helps -- if you like Buffets, go to the Bellagio -- especially for Sunday brunch!

Bronco

elonwy Enthusiast

Awesome!! Thank you. I'm finally starting to not dread this trip. They've promised there will be fruit at my breakfast meeting, and I'll be taking a ton of Think Thin and larabars for the show floor, but it'll be nice to say "lets go here" for dinner and not be freaked out by it. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to need the beer, but New Grist hasn't hit LA yet and the lush in me is very excited. I'll be on an expense account, you should come out to dinner with us :)

Elonwy

mouse Enthusiast

Hey Bronco, did I say those tickets were free? How about 2 bottles of beer so I can put them in my room frig. Have not tried the Grist yet.

Guest mvaught

I cannot wait to drink some beer. Has anyone tried ordering it?

proger Newbie

I ordered the New Grist last week - a little pricey, but i am so desperate for beer. It was $32.95 for a 12 pack, which included shipping. the sales lady broke it down & pointed out that it is $2.75 per beer -about average for a beer in a bar. I counted the minutes until it arrived - put them straight in the freezer for a quick chill & oh my god!! it is really good. it has a sweetness to it that regular beer doesn't, but i really liked it. drank 3 right away, and fell asleep rather quickly that night, but it was so worth it. my boyfriend (who is not celiac) said it wasn't bad. that's a pretty good compliment i thought. i really liked it.

it should have dawned on me to try my whole foods - i am going to call them today. i do recommend it to anyone who misses beer. it wasn't my coors light, but if it's all i can have, then so be it. i'll drink it and enjoy it!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mvaught
I ordered the New Grist last week - a little pricey, but i am so desperate for beer. It was $32.95 for a 12 pack, which included shipping. the sales lady broke it down & pointed out that it is $2.75 per beer -about average for a beer in a bar. I counted the minutes until it arrived - put them straight in the freezer for a quick chill & oh my god!! it is really good. it has a sweetness to it that regular beer doesn't, but i really liked it. drank 3 right away, and fell asleep rather quickly that night, but it was so worth it. my boyfriend (who is not celiac) said it wasn't bad. that's a pretty good compliment i thought. i really liked it.

it should have dawned on me to try my whole foods - i am going to call them today. i do recommend it to anyone who misses beer. it wasn't my coors light, but if it's all i can have, then so be it. i'll drink it and enjoy it!

wow - how did you order it? is there a website or number? - i miss beer so bad - i am sick of drinking wine and rum and cokes. i sound pathetic with my desparation for beer - but i'm just a little southern girl that needs a brewter every now and then.

Archived