This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Anyone know of any mold test kits I can pick up?? For some reason I thought they have some at Home Depot??

I just want the quick kind that might indicate whether theres a problem or not.

We've had plenty of discussions on mold here in Rachelville....but right now I'm scared to GO BACK! :ph34r:

Mold plates??? Where can I buy one without ordering online? How much do they cost?

Thinking mold might be an issue for my friends baby whos sick all the time. :(

She got worse yesterday and obviously we had some really bad weather here.

Theres some visible mold...on the windowsill and on the shower curtain. My friend is gonna do some deep cleaning today.

If theres hidden mold in the bedroom can the mold plates detect that? How good do you think these tests really are? Is it worth it?

She'll be moving in 2 months...but until then she obviously doesnt want her baby to be sick.

My mom said that my brother was constantly sick when he was little (he's a year younger than me)...he had high fevers, coughing, etc. He had alot of tests run on him but she said he "outgrew" it because later on he was fine.

I asked her if maybe something was making him sick...like mold?? Maybe he didnt really outgrow it...maybe we just moved or something and he was no longer exposed to whatever had been making him sick??

She said that where we lived (near San Francisco) it was very damp...there was mold always showing up on the walls and even the couches got discolored from the dampness/mold.

I said "So was he sick when we lived in that house??" She said that he was....and he "outgrew" his frequent fevers and other problems after we moved!

So yeah...she never thought of it before but it seems pretty likely he was affected by the mold in his environment. I wasnt sick at all as a child.

My friends daughter has asthma, frequent colds, fevers, vomiting and problems with sleep. She sleeps with her mom and she cries alot in her sleep...moves around alot...kicking, crying and fussing alot in her sleep. Maybe shes having bad dreams??

I told her mom to check the room really good...move the bed and check for mold on the walls...stuff like that.

Also, my friend complains of headaches alot. She says her head hurts..the other day her head and neck hurt. She stresses alot too...which doesnt help.

Shes been coughing alot....but only when she gets outside and the cold air hits her. Inside shes never coughing but as soon as she gets cold shes coughing nonstop!

So I'm thinking if theres mold...its proably casuing her problems as well.

What do you guys think?? Sound like mold to you??

Thats why I want to get one of those mold plates.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

That's interesting about your dreams. I seemingly react to everything I eat, so I don't think it has anything to do with that, or I'd have dreams every night...lol!

I was reacting to everything I ate as well....but I didnt have dreams when I was eating healthy/organic stuff...even though I was still reacting to everything I ate.

Its only when I eat processed stuff...stuff with lots of chemicals, additives, etc.

Those are the things my body really struggles with. Toxic things.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Also, my friend complains of headaches alot. She says her head hurts..the other day her head and neck hurt.

Frequent head-aches would make me wonder about CO (carbon monoxide), especially if she only gets headaches at home. But there could be so many causes...

I did get free mold tests from Home Depot a couple of years ago. I never used them because I already know we have mold, grrr. We are going to have to gut our bathroom. We just didn't have the money the last couple of years to deal with it.

A baby not sleeping well, even when sleeping with mommy, that doesn't sound good. I mentioned (er, rambled?)some things in response to your vaccine query a few pages ago--hope that helped. Is reflux a problem? That could cause an asthma response. And reflux would most likely be caused by diet, wouldn't it?

The fevers sound more like the baby is being exposed to bacteria or viruses. Is the baby breastfed or bottlefed (makes a big difference in how the immune system functions)? And does she treat the fevers with meds (which basically partially turn off the body's mechanism for killing the bacteria and viruses)? If they keep putting the baby on antibiotics, that sometimes screws things up, too, but you already know about that.

confusedks Enthusiast

I was just reading something about methyl b-12 shots, and you know how my urine turns pink/red after I have one of the injections... read this:

METHYLCOBALAMIN (Methyl B12)

Methylcobalamin is a prescription drug derived from vitamin B12. This can help to heal problems with the

central and peripheral nervous system, improve depressed immune function, and help to restore more normal

sleeping patterns. Many patients note improved energy as well. Because the oral form is not absorbed when

swallowed or dissolved under the tongue, Methyl B12 must be taken by injection. Dose is generally 25 mg. (1

c.c.) daily for 3 to 6 months. Long term studies have never demonstrated any side effects from this drug.

However, the urine is expected to turn red shortly after each dose- if the urine is not red, a higher dose may

be needed or the present supply may have lost potency. The injectable form of this is not available in regular

drug stores. It must be manufactured (compounded) by specialty pharmacies on order.

I think it's from Dr. B's guidelines...not sure, I got it from LN. I thought it was interesting because I know some of you said you had done the shots and had no changes in urine coloring. Hmm..? Maybe the dosage wasn't high enough?

confused Community Regular
Frequent head-aches would make me wonder about CO (carbon monoxide), especially if she only gets headaches at home. But there could be so many causes...

I did get free mold tests from Home Depot a couple of years ago. I never used them because I already know we have mold, grrr. We are going to have to gut our bathroom. We just didn't have the money the last couple of years to deal with it.

A baby not sleeping well, even when sleeping with mommy, that doesn't sound good. I mentioned (er, rambled?)some things in response to your vaccine query a few pages ago--hope that helped. Is reflux a problem? That could cause an asthma response. And reflux would most likely be caused by diet, wouldn't it?

The fevers sound more like the baby is being exposed to bacteria or viruses. Is the baby breastfed or bottlefed (makes a big difference in how the immune system functions)? And does she treat the fevers with meds (which basically partially turn off the body's mechanism for killing the bacteria and viruses)? If they keep putting the baby on antibiotics, that sometimes screws things up, too, but you already know about that.

I had thought carbon monoxide to, but you mostly get bloody noses from that, i had that when i was a kid, it took days before we figured it out cause i was sick at home but fine at school

Im wondering if we still have mold problems here that is why i cant sleep and why i have felt worse sense moving downstairs were the mold started last time.

Im thinking im going to call and see if i can find an mold test here, waht exactly are they called.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, it's herx time, so I don't have much to say. Taking this Tindamax during herxes really takes it up a notch. Since I feel basically fine when I'm not on the Tindamax (herx excepted), it's really hard to get motivated to take it. I'm going to talk to my LLMD next week about the reasons for it .... I know the reasons, but I need to hear them again ....

Kassandra and Paula, I have vivid dreams ... not usually bad, just vivid. I do get bad ones sometimes ... I think some meds can cause bad dreams.

Rachel, glad things are still progressing. I vote for toxins and yeast. :) I eat pretty much whatever I want, but I still don't eat sugar (except for Dec.) and I eat few processed foods ... when I do, they're usually from Whole Foods/Wild Oats (they're switching over, no more Wild Oats soon).

Miamia, the Levaquin is bound to cause a reaction. I felt bad for six weeks, then made tremendous progress on it. My LLMD is one of the ones who says not to cut the dosage .... he feels you should surprise the buggers before they have a chance to hide. If you can, just weather it out .... I have a feeling in the end, you will feel better from it. The key is DETOX! You might try some coffee. ;) Epsom salt baths help me during herxes, too. Lots of water .... lemon water.

My mom said her power didn't come on until 8:30 last night...so it was out for over 9 hours. Fortunately for them, they have a gas stove, so they can still cook and heat water and stuff like that.
When we lived out in the country, we were literally the second from the last house on the power line. The next house over had their power coming from a different city entirely than we did.

As a result, we were always the last to get our power back on. We had propane, so we still had our stove (which didn't use power), but nothing else .... including WATER! We were on a well, so the pump didn't work if it was off. We could get water from the pond to flush the toilets (a pretty decent walk, so we'd have the boys bring buckets up to the porch), and if it was summer, we could bathe in the pond ... that was kind of fun ... very clean water, BTW.

Now we're on the same block as the fire station ... we get our power back on first if it goes off at all. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...I'm really frusterated becauase I just lost a long post. :angry:

Gonna try again.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

She doesnt only get headaches at home. I think she gets them more frequently at work. She's my boss...she tends to stress out alot at work...because shes under alot of pressure.

I think if she was exposed to mold at home she would be more susceptible to symptoms caused by stress. She would be more vulnerable to stress if there are other underlying factors. The more burdened the immune system becomes....the more vulnerable we are to opportunistic infections...bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses, etc. I think those are the things that bring on the symptoms.

If the baby keeps catching colds...something is probably weakening her immune system.

Alot of people get sick or become symptomatic while under stress...this is when I would always have flare-ups of Graves Disease...only when I was under stress. I think our immune systems lose alot of its ability to fight off the infections while we are under stress....or when there is chronic exposure to toxins.

Do they sell them there...or were they just giving them away free at one time??

I havent had a chance to really read the past several pages due to limited computer time. I did skim through the vaccine posts...thanks to all who responded! :)

I dont know if reflux is an issue or not. She does vomit frequently but it doesnt seem random...I think its only when shes running a fever or sick with a cold. She loses her appetite too.

She was born with asthma...she had this before she was ever fed by her mother. Well...after birth anyway...obviously she was fed by her mom all along!. :P

Another thing to mention is that her mom had chemical sensitivities through all 3 of her pregnancies. It was severe enough that she was unable to work because of all the chemicals in the store. There must be some changes that take place in her body while she is pregnant..which cause her to become senitive to chemicals. The problem resolves itself immediately after she gives birth.

To me chemical sensitivity = impaired detoxification.

I dont know if this is ALWAYS the case but it seems the most likely. I recall reading something about pregnancy affecting the liver in some women....leading to chemical sensitivity.

I figure its something affecting the livers ability to detoxify.

I think if this is true the baby would be exposed to a greater amount of toxins...which would more likely be the cause for her asthma. She had her first attack at birth!

If she was born with some issues and is now exposed to mold on a daily basis...it could really be imairing her immune function. This would make her more susceptible to the vaccines, the molds, the viruses, etc.

It snowballs.

The toe-walking worries me since it could indicate theres an underlying problem with toxicity...especially from metals.

In this case...I think if there are any food intolerances..they would not be the root cause. If the other issues are factors...they would lead to allergies and sensitivities.

Fortunately she has not been treated with antibiotics for bacteria infections, ear infections or anything like that. I think if she had been...she would be worse off.

I dont know if she was ever breastfed. Shes almost 2...she may have been breastfed early on but since I've known her mom (one year)...I dont think shes been breastfed.

Obviously we all know how important breast feeding is....but nowadays we are ALL so toxic that it also seems risky! Toxins are crossing the placenta (mercury) and then there is even MORE exposure through breastmilk...I dont even know which is worse nowadays. Breastfeeding or bottlefeeding?? :unsure:

Breastmilk can be soooo toxic and I think alot of the issues babies have with excema, food intolerance, yeast, etc....comes from all those toxins they are being exposed to early on.

I think "ideally" the best thing would be to keep our own bodies from becoming so toxic so that we CAN breatfeed without unloading all of that toxic waste to the baby. But unfortunately we dont know any of that until we're already dealing with the effects. :(

Heres another thing I'm curious about. The baby does not like milk...she wont take milk in her bottle....it HAS to be apple juice. Shes not on any formula and I dont know how long shes been taking apple juice instead of formula.

Shes not totally off dairy or anything...she does drink the little yogurt drinks for kids...things like that. In her bottle its just apple juice though. She wakes up crying for apple juice.

Could this be having a negative effect on her immune system??

I dont know enough about formulas to know how long they need to be on them...or if they NEED it to strengthen their immune system up to a certain age. I dont know if drinking apple juice is better than drinking milk....or worse??

She doesnt have any signs of yeast issues...no outward signs anyway. Shes a happy baby...very loving. She doesnt have rashes and as far as I know theres no problems with D or C.

Alison, you had mentioned her being affectionate and social with her mother and that not necessarily being enough to rule out issues. I agree....but as far as autism goes...those kids generally do not like affection...they do not like to be touched, they dont give kisses, make eye contact, give hugs, etc...this includes their own parents.

I think there are definately some who DO show affection...I know the kid at my work does. Hes not comfortable with most people but with me hes very affectionate. He'll give me kisses and hugs....although he did get "talked to" about that...because of whats acceptable work behavior and such.

Anyways, her daughter is very social...she LOVES attention. She readily gives kisses and hugs...shes not shy at all. She learned my name right away and speaks so clearly for a one year old!

She has an excellent memory.

This stuff worries her mom too...the toe-walking and the fact that she seems soooo smart. I dont know if these are things to worry about or not....but yeah...some autistic kids do have amazing abilities as far as memory and other special talents.

For the most part she seems like a typical kid to me. I think if she keeps getting pushed with toxic burdens while her immune system is weakened by something...she could get pushed too far. Thst what worries me.

I'm hoping its the mold since they will be moving soon and that would make it possible for her immune system to recover before she gets more insults from vaccines and/or additional exposures to toxins, infections, etc.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

My doctor believe food intolerances are caused by something.

I don't know about testing for mold and such.

Sounds like both of them would benefit from BioSET or muscle testing though.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Just an observation about pregnancy .... Rachel, you said she had MCS only when pregnant .... I would have Lyme flares when pregnant. They were rather disabling .... towards the end I would feel better, and it would completely go away after the baby was born.

It dawned on me recently that your immune system lowers when you're pregnant so you don't reject the baby. I'd bet that has something to do with both my Lyme flares and her MCS. Most pregnant women catch everything ... colds, flu, etc.

My sister has asthma and was allergic to gas heat.

At two, the baby doesn't need formula, and I don't believe anyone who is weaned needs milk .... but she needs to be eating a balanced diet.

I seldom gave my kids commercially bottled juice as it's loaded with sugar/mold .... it's bad for the teeth to drink juice out of a baby bottle. I would nix the juice because of the mold issue, but if she's going to have it, give it to her in a sippy cup. Kids can handle it at two .... they can even handle a regular cup. The fact that she's crying for the juice makes me highly suspicious of an allergy to it.

To this day, my kids primary drink is water ... they also have some soy milk, some regular/organic/whole milk, and the occasional soda.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It dawned on me recently that your immune system lowers when you're pregnant so you don't reject the baby. I'd bet that has something to do with both my Lyme flares and her MCS. Most pregnant women catch everything ... colds, flu, etc.

Carla,

I dint know whether it was "fact" or not but I did believe that the immune system is weakened during pregnancy. Mainly because SOOOO many people post that they became symptomatic during pregnancy, autoimmune disease (Celiac, etc) were triggered during pregnancy and so on.

Lots of people seem to have lost their health during pregnancy.

Any opportunistic pathogen can get the upper hand while the body is vulnerable.

Sometimes it may resolve after pregnancy....sometimes not. I suppose it depends on how many factors are contributing.

I do think her MCS had some underlying cause.

At two, the baby doesn't need formula, and I don't believe anyone who is weaned needs milk .... but she needs to be eating a balanced diet.

Well thats good news as far as the apple juice/milk goes. :)

I seldom gave my kids commercially bottled juice as it's loaded with sugar/mold .... it's bad for the teeth to drink juice out of a baby bottle. I would nix the juice because of the mold issue, but if she's going to have it, give it to her in a sippy cup. Kids can handle it at two .... they can even handle a regular cup. The fact that she's crying for the juice makes me highly suspicious of an allergy to it.

Sorry....it is a sippy cup that she drinks from....not a bottle. :)

But yeah...the apple juice is commercial stuff....lots of sugars and molds.

I wondered about her crying for the juice but dont kids just cry for their milk/juice/pacifier...or whatever when their fussing?? Could it be a comfort thing?? She doesnt have a pacifier (Ive never seen one anyways) so about the only comfort things she would cry for are her juice, her mommy and her blankie. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Good points Carla. :)

Yes, I do remember also reading about the tooth dangers of bottle feeding juices or having it in a sippy cup at night for them to drink from.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yes, I do remember also reading about the tooth dangers of bottle feeding juices or having it in a sippy cup at night for them to drink from.

So its bad either way??

Why would it be different from drinking it from a regular cup?? :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor
I wondered about her crying for the juice but dont kids just cry for their milk/juice/pacifier...or whatever when their fussing?? Could it be a comfort thing?? She doesnt have a pacifier (Ive never seen one anyways) so about the only comfort things she would cry for are her juice, her mommy and her blankie. :)

Yes, they do cry if they don't have their comforts that they are used to.

Still if she has a blankie it would be best to try and wean her from the nighttime juice snacks, unless her mother wants to brush her teeth after every juice waking.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
My doctor believe food intolerances are caused by something.

I agree with your Dr.!! :)

Sounds like both of them would benefit from BioSET or muscle testing though.

Theres no time (or money) for that. They're moving to Germany in 7 weeks.

AndreaB Contributor
So its bad either way??

Why would it be different from drinking it from a regular cup?? :unsure:

It's bad if the juice is being drunk at night because the sugars sit on the teeth all night.

If it's during the daytime that would be ok as far as that point, but too much juice is still bad and they don't recommend more than 1 cup a day and even less when they are younger than 2 years. They also recommend diluting it. Whenever I gave my children juice I always diluted it either 1/2 and 1/2 with water or no more than 2/3 juice and 1/3 water.

AndreaB Contributor
Theres no time (or money) for that. They're moving to Germany in 7 weeks.

That's soon enough to do some things if they would have had the money. :(

I would assume that they could do muscle testing over in Germany though.....

dlp252 Apprentice

Had a BioSET appointment today. We finally did MIASMS!!!!! Yay, lol. Quite a few came up, but I can't remember them all...I know I wasn't shocked with most of them, but the one I WAS shocked with was Cholera! :o Don't know exactly what that means, just know cholera isn't good, lol. Also coming up was vacines and cell metabolism. My list of things affected was very short today though, but the two biggies came up: neurotransmitters and sinuses. :P

I mentioned insomnia, so she tested me for that and it came up too. It was really fun today because Denise was training a doctor (don't know what kind of doctor though, lol)! Denise would explain to him when something weird came up, so that way I got to get an explanation too, lol. They were both happy that I insisted on stopping my allergy shots, lol. :P

Egads, I better hurry...torrential downpour and we just had big thunder. :o

I decided to get some Samento today. I intend to start very small...like 1 or 2 drops maybe twice a day. Carla...any special things to note about taking this...like should it be taken with meals, away from other stuff?

When I got to Dr. S.'s I parked in a spot away from the building. I noticed a small tree branch in my spot. I look up and theres a big tree....I decided to park close to the building. :P

I parked next to you again, lol! :lol:

I'm driving home today...I'm kind of worried about what I might find. :unsure:

Hope everything is okay...hope you got home okay, lol. It's been raining really heavy for about 2 hours now, and we've had off and on thunder...not sure about lightening since I've been indoors except for the drive through the torrential downpour on my way home from BioSET.

That's interesting. They didn't give me any instructions other than "insert into the buttocks at a 45 degree angle." Lol! I think it would have freaked me out if there was more info...lol.

I have been having the most vivid nightmares!!! Ugh, they are terrible, and terribly real for some reason! Ahh, they are so scary!

Yeah, there are TWO pages of instructions! :o I have a feeling it's not as complicated as it seems, but sheesh, lol.

I am fortunately NOT having as many vivid bad dreams as I used to but yeah, I've had them. Once I dreamt I was in a house and a huge tidal wave came through...I could see it coming but couldn't get out of the house...it was like slow motion as the wave came through the house. Mostly my dreams are epic action mini series type things...they go on and on and I frequently dream of cloak and dagger type of stuff. Weird, lol.

Anyone know of any mold test kits I can pick up?? For some reason I thought they have some at Home Depot??

Yeah, I ordered the test plates from the place Scott references on his website. They were EXPENSIVE!! But the cost includes analysis. I got 5 plates and set them around in the different rooms. They have a culture medium in them, and once you close them up and mail them off the mold will grow on the medium. My livingroom was the worst at 10 (their scale only goes to 9, lol), with CANDIDA of all things!

Mold can sure cause a lot of issues that's for sure. Sounds suspicously like your friend's child could be suffering from it.

I think it's from Dr. B's guidelines...not sure, I got it from LN. I thought it was interesting because I know some of you said you had done the shots and had no changes in urine coloring. Hmm..? Maybe the dosage wasn't high enough?

Yeah, mine didn't turn pink or red after either shot. I just had the shot yesterday and ever saw red. I'll ask them next time I go in.

Im thinking im going to call and see if i can find an mold test here, waht exactly are they called.

Mine were just called mold test plates.

When we lived out in the country, we were literally the second from the last house on the power line. The next house over had their power coming from a different city entirely than we did.

As a result, we were always the last to get our power back on. We had propane, so we still had our stove (which didn't use power), but nothing else .... including WATER! We were on a well, so the pump didn't work if it was off. We could get water from the pond to flush the toilets (a pretty decent walk, so we'd have the boys bring buckets up to the porch), and if it was summer, we could bathe in the pond ... that was kind of fun ... very clean water, BTW.

Now we're on the same block as the fire station ... we get our power back on first if it goes off at all. :)

Yeah, when I lived in Hawaii, we had this huge hurricaine...knocked my power out for a couple of days, but on the second day the people across the freeway had lights!!!!

Now, I'm just down the street from the fire and police stations (and city hall, lol), so yeah, when power goes out in this area, we get our back fairly quickly. Unless of course, the transformer behind our building blows up, lol. That happened and we didn't have power for 36 hours...they'd put in a new transformer and it would blow up. Kind of exciting, but darned annoying at the same time. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
If it's during the daytime that would be ok as far as that point, but too much juice is still bad and they don't recommend more than 1 cup a day and even less when they are younger than 2 years. They also recommend diluting it. Whenever I gave my children juice I always diluted it either 1/2 and 1/2 with water or no more than 2/3 juice and 1/3 water.

I know that she does dilute the juice....she said she dilutes it quite a bit. I'm pretty sure thats what she told me...but then again my memory does suck! :rolleyes:

She never said what the measurements were...or anything like that...just that the juice is very diluted.

CarlaB Enthusiast

The problem with the juice at night is as Andrea said, the teeth need to be brushed. I always diluted the juice, too, if they had it at all.

Yes, kids cry for their comforts .... but with her health issues, I'm concerned about the mold in the juice ... it seems we get addicted to things that make us feel bad.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, my LLMD has me taking 20 drops before bed. I had to ramp up to that level. All was going well, so I jumped from 17 drops to the 20 drops and had a little herx.

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Carla...before bed. The only thing I take at bedtime is melatonin, and my doctor would like me to take a trial period OFF that, lol. I just took two drops, so tomorrow night I'll try 3 before bed.

confused Community Regular

I never my kids juice til they were 2 per drs orders. But he did put my son on whole milk at age 6 months, i wonder if that is why he has some learning disabilities. I never did that with the other 3 kids.

rachel,

Is your friends child an only child? If so that is why she might always want juice for comfort. Does she give her the gerber juices or regular juice? You never give juice at night, causes too many problems for teeth and the sippy cup is bad cause bacteria can build in the sippy part, that is why a cup would be best. My kids went from a bottle to a cup, i never allowed sippy cups.

I hear you all talk about pregnancy bringing on things, and i know that is what caused all my problems im dealing with now. I had 4 kids in 5 years so my body never got to heal in between especially with my second son was an emergency c/s and they had flight for life waiting cause they thought that i was going to die or my son or both, it was a very bad delivery. I think that is what triggered my celiac.

everyone,

I have an question since we are on the topic of kids, my ss when to the dr on christmas eve and got strep, they put him on antibotics, well he finished them 3 days ago, and now he is sicker then sick again. IS there anything i should be looking at with him since the antibotics are not working right.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
rachel,

Is your friends child an only child? If so that is why she might always want juice for comfort. Does she give her the gerber juices or regular juice? You never give juice at night, causes too many problems for teeth and the sippy cup is bad cause bacteria can build in the sippy part, that is why a cup would be best. My kids went from a bottle to a cup, i never allowed sippy cups.

Thanks Paula...I'll pass this info. on to her. :)

Shes not an only child...she has 2 sisters...age 9 and 10. They're all very close. The other 2 girls are not having problems with sickness.

She did say her oldest had even worse asthma than this one when she was young. It cleared up though and now she only gets it once in a great while. Apparantly in that case it was mold which was worsening the problem. I dont know if it was mold that triggered it in the first place or if it was only worsened by mold....but mold was definately a factor with her first child's asthma.

confusedks Enthusiast

Donna,

Wow! 2 Pages! My LLMD just told me I needed them and sent me on my way...lol! I must say though, they are getting easier. I don't panic for as long anymore. Actually today I swabbed the area and then just injected it, right away, without panicking, lol.

Today actually I had a weird thing happen, I got a bubble of the medicine that came out of my skin, it was strange. It looked almost like it didn't go in all the way or something...strange. ;)

Archived