This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

rinne Apprentice
Rinne- I read your rant and honestly, it wasn't really that off-topic. A friend of mine said, regarding us abandoning our apartment because of mold, how sad it would be for people in a similar situation who DIDN'T have the resources to get out of a situation like that.

PS I can't watch Oprah anymore either :ph34r:

I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER ALL OVER!

Thanks, right back at ya!

Well so much for the link, it didn't work, I posted it at Daily Strength.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
happygirl Collaborator

Patti-Almost all of the muir glen tomatoes have corn derivatives in them (i called and asked). So, it could be the corn, potentially.

jerseyangel Proficient

Laura,

Best of luck tomorrow, saying a little prayer tonight that everything goes well for you!

Love and hugs :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Patti--sounds like a great idea. love to hear the results too.

Laura--good luck w/the new job. will be saying prayers it all goes well for you.

judy

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hi everyone....a quick drive by

Saying good night already...yeah...its not even dark out yet. :o

I'm gonna try to go in to work at 1 am all week until Thurs. We are having a "Show and Tell" on Thurs. and I wanna get my dept. looking perfect. :)

Also everyone will be cleaning like crazy all week. They almost killed me the other day. I started getting dizzy and sick....couldnt figure out why though. They figured it out before I did....someone was cleaning with Goo-Gone...they had to stop....I felt bad cuz I know its gotta get done. :(

I'm gonna get off as early as possible so they can clean all day while I'm not there. :)

Patti....I'm curious too.

My guess is one Celiac gene and one intolerance gene.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hi everyone....a quick drive by

Saying good night already...yeah...its not even dark out yet. :o

I'm gonna try to go in to work at 1 am all week until Thurs. We are having a "Show and Tell" on Thurs. and I wanna get my dept. looking perfect. :)

Also everyone will be cleaning like crazy all week. They almost killed me the other day. I started getting dizzy and sick....couldnt figure out why though. They figured it out before I did....someone was cleaning with Goo-Gone...they had to stop....I felt bad cuz I know its gotta get done. :(

I'm gonna get off as early as possible so they can clean all day while I'm not there. :)

Patti....I'm curious too.

My guess is one Celiac gene and one intolerance gene.

Rachel..good luck and so glad they are figuring things out that are bad for you

sent you another personal email ..should have done a PM

have a great week.

judy

Mtndog Collaborator

Rachel- Good luck with all the cleaning- get out of there when all those chemicals are around. :ph34r:

It's weid that the Muir Glen contains corn. That makes me mad. :angry: It's tomatoes for gosh sake's!!!!!! You know- it's weird, but I was really, really sick yesterday (vomiting, joint pain, blah blah blah) and the only thing I had was fresh popped popcorn (Orville Redenbacher's in Whole Foods Canola oil) and uhm.... not to be gross but as I visited the porcelain god, Ii noticed that the popcorn hadn't digested from the night before. Very odd- but it's the first time I've made my own popcorn in ages. Who knows, maybe unrealted.

Julie- it had to do with Rinne's deleted post. It may not be popular, but I actually dislike Oprah because I feel like she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. I USED to love her, but somewhere along the line she started to bother me. Now I can't watch her at all. I respect all she's done and how far she's come, but she gets on my nerves.

:wub::wub: to all and to all a good night! B

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

And I deleted the post myself after a few minutes, I blame it on the coffee :ph34r: , and then moved it over to Daily Strength, no big deal about it just that I got thinking about this clinic I am going to and the expectation that seems apparent in their marketing that anyone going there is wealthy. I was picking on Oprah because I feel she is stuck in the more, more, more mode, the celebration of gross consumption.....and now you know why I moved it. :ph34r::P:lol: I still love Oprah, but I just can't watch, it makes me too sad.

Yours in the Drama, Rinne :lol:

Guest Robbin
Julie- it had to do with Rinne's deleted post. It may not be popular, but I actually dislike Oprah because I feel like she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips. I USED to love her, but somewhere along the line she started to bother me. Now I can't watch her at all. I respect all she's done and how far she's come, but she gets on my nerves.

:wub::wub: to all and to all a good night! B

Omg, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about Oprah. I used to watch her too, but I agree with you, she has changed in a not good way.

Rhonda!!! I hope under all the trappings, that this doctor and clinic hold the answers you are searching for. I cannot believe you want to paint the ceiling, though. Have you losted your mind????? No one looks up when the conversation and company is so nice as I am sure it will be at your home!!

Rachel, omg, goo-gone--that stuff makes me high as a kite. That is an industrial hazard. I would not use that if at all possible. I used that stuff once to clean up paint drops and I was sick for DAYS. Not good at all.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

btw--The Dave--Are you staying out of trouble??!!

rinne Apprentice
Rhonda!!! I hope under all the trappings, that this doctor and clinic hold the answers you are searching for. I cannot believe you want to paint the ceiling, though. Have you losted your mind????? No one looks up when the conversation and company is so nice as I am sure it will be at your home!!

LOL

Well it was the ceiling or this vortex, guess what won?

I let go of my desire for perfection pretty easily, one wall in the living room is now two shades of yellow and I'm beginning to think it looks just fine. LOL

I've been working away on the 40 page questionaire and trying to pack. I am not good at leaving. :(

I am good once I get to a new place and I keep reminding myself of that, okay now ironing.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG Oprah....she has way too much power. she seems to have lost touch with the common struggles of humanity...in a weird way. I don't think she has any comprehension or tolerance for depression, chronic illness, many many things.....kind of an "well *I* have made it work, why can't you all?" attitude. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......yeah, try NOT SLEEPING FOR FIVE ENTIRE DAYS and then see if you can run your freakin' empire, lady. :lol::lol::lol:

PLEASE tell me why I was a size 2 or 4 most of my life....and now.....can't lose weight to save my life....it may seem minor, but hell, when my figure goes......what will I do? removing gluten made me GAIN so much weight (15 - 20 pounds) and I DID need it, but don't want any more.....it's making me crazy...should I just start eating gluten like crazy to get my weight off????????? :angry::angry::angry:

Rachel - - that is one heinous schedule. get lots of rest when you can.

everybody with appointments....hell I can't even remember what all is going on but I am so fond of you gals. :wub: Just slightly concerned about Julie's excessive knowledge of football.

I am one cranky Dingo Girl, signing off. Harumph. :huh:

Guest Robbin

You will have a wonderful, safe trip and have a great, positive experience and come home with answers. I cannot believe you are ironing, though! Just fold em, and go. They will wrinkle anyway and most places have irons in the rooms now don't they? Maybe pack one with you?

Susan! Welcome to my world of weight struggles. It is not a fun world, lol. All kidding aside, though, DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EAT GLUTEN!!! When you feel better and are active again, it will stablilize, I am sure.

Rachel, I agree, that schedule is heinous. (Love using that word, lol)

Green12 Enthusiast
Just slightly concerned about Julie's excessive knowledge of football.

:lol: Susie, I'm ok, really I am :lol: Just grew up in a sports crazed family, must have rubbed off on me...

I thought I was the only one so annoyed by Oprah :o But I sometimes watch :ph34r: when she has someone on I really want to see. I felt like I couldn't share my opinion about her to anyone because she is so worshiped it would be like I was committing a sin or something, how dare I :lol: I get a big kick out of watching the audience leap out of their chair and clap enthusiatically, screaming and crying when they see her, I don't get that. What bothers me is she thinks she knows everything, she always says I know this because I have done a hundred shows on such and such. She's a talk show host, not an expert on anything, and she always talks over her guests and panel of experts that she has on. I was really offended in a couple instances when she did the across country trip with Gayle, I thought she was very disrespectful to some of the people/places she came across......anyway now I am ranting away...

Susie, I was just talking to my mom about the same thing. My body is so screwed up, I am either losing weight or gaining weight, never staying steady at any set point. I just know around the board people say that the healing process takes time and we are starting to absorb better, and transition period, and yadda yadda yadda, but I am not so sure I believe it. It's so frustrating to me and I'm worn out by it, trying to figure it all out.

Hang in there sister friend and I hope tomorrow is a much better, brighter day!

Rachel, wow, what a schedule for this week. I hope you don't get too worn out and overstressed by it all. Good luck with the "show and tell" process, hope it goes smoothly.

rinne, big week for you too. :)

Goodnight to all!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG Oprah is a cult leader, I just figured it out.

I am coming up with an evil scheme, I think, I truly think, that tomorrow I am going to KRISPY KREME and am going to get THREE DONUTS and yes, I am going to eat them. Don't y'all even think of talking me out of it, I am in some kind of wicked devil-may-care frame of mine and maybe I can just have a giant poop-out and all of the weight will be gone. Harumph again.

;) <--------that is a winky face but I am not kidding!

IRONING - who's ironing? is it Rhona? stop that this instant! what you do is take a squirt bottle in your suitcase and then mist everything with water before hanging....poof, wrinkles gone. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Quick drive-by. I've got an exhausted baby.

Rachel,

Ick for your schedule. I hope you will be able to get your rest this week and definately avoid that stuff. Robbin says it's awful.

Rinne,

Safe travels. We'll look forward to your report when you return (when you have time).

Robbin,

Hang in there, you're doing good.

Susan,

Not Krispy Kremes! I hope you don't get too sick. If we can stop you......DON'T DO IT!!!!

Julie,

You're doing good also. You guys need to be a little easier on yourselves.

Hi Bev!

:wub: everyone.

rinne Apprentice

Squirt bottle done. :) Thanks, that went quickly. Would anyone like to fill out the questionaire for me? LOL

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who is questioning the whole O thing. I suppose if you achieve such insane success it becomes its' own prison.

I have a friend who is a princess, grew up in a castle, the family had five castles at that time, and she is a very ordinary person, you would never know unless someone told you although she does have a certain grace about her. Before I knew anything of this we were working together in a kitchen and she was saying she didn't know how to cook and when I asked her if she had never cooked with her mother she said the kitchen was too far away. LOL It is funny that when we grow up without much we think that money will make the difference and it does make a difference up to a certain point but after that maybe not. Strangely my friend was much more a prisoner of her inherited life than I of mine, it is hard to get away when you are a princess. No one missed me at all. LOL

It seems that in North America royalty is associated with power and indulgence whereas royalty in Europe is associated with responsibility. Oprah and her peeps seem to think that having the best of everything whenever they want it is royal. Sad, really.

I saw Dave Chappelle on Oprah, I had heard some interesting things about him, did anyone see it? He talked about how he felt that once he really became successful there were real efforts to control him and medicate him. The story was he had walked away from a ten million dollar contract and how crazy was he to do that!!! He didn't seem crazy at all and I've since rented the Dave Chappelle Block Party and I really liked it.

Green12 Enthusiast
I am coming up with an evil scheme, I think, I truly think, that tomorrow I am going to KRISPY KREME and am going to get THREE DONUTS and yes, I am going to eat them. Don't y'all even think of talking me out of it, I am in some kind of wicked devil-may-care frame of mine and maybe I can just have a giant poop-out and all of the weight will be gone. Harumph again.

I second Andrea, don't do it. It sounds like you have your mind up though <_<

I can only speak from experience, I regretted the gluten binge I went on, big time. It made me very sick and it didn't even taste good, and afterward I thought why did I do that :angry: . I would have much rather made gluten-free brownies or had gluten-free pizza, anything but gluten............

Love to you Andrea :)

rinne Apprentice
OMG Oprah is a cult leader, I just figured it out.

IRONING - who's ironing? is it Rhona? stop that this instant! what you do is take a squirt bottle in your suitcase and then mist everything with water before hanging....poof, wrinkles gone. :)

If you are hellbent :ph34r: on being a wild and crazy girl what about Kinnickinik Chocolate donuts unless this is some kind of weight loss scheme ;) say it isn't so. I'm in no position to be acting like I behave myself, I ate chocolate today and I know it hurts me but since I am hurting all the time anyways....bad, very bad and then I had coffee, another bad thing...... why do we do these bad things to ourselves.

I was talking to someone yesterday about smoking and they said that every day for three months they prayed that they would love themselves enough not to hurt themselves anymore and then one day when they lit up a cigarette it tasted bad to them, so they lit up another and it tasted bad, so they went and got a new pack and ..... and they loved themselves enough to give it up. I think it is quite a brilliant thing to do, may I and may you Susan and everyone else who needs to, love ourselves enough not to hurt ourselves anymore. :)

rinne Apprentice

I just came across this, and Rachel I thought of you:

Open Original Shared Link

<_<:lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Rinne,

You need to be easier on yourself too. We all need a treat once in awhile and that's ok.

Now, gluten is not a treat! It's poison! The other intolerances we have are ok unless we are severely allergic to them as well. I don't recommend constant indulgence in something that you know you are intolerant to, but we are only human and sometimes we need that little treat more than the discomfort it causes us. Does that make sense?

rinne Apprentice

Thanks Mom, :P:lol::ph34r:

I agree, gluten is poison and it will not pass my lips again.

These days I know that even when I think I am overdoing it I am really doing very little at all and the small delight in chocolate, organic, dairy and soy free is not dreadful.

Thanks for reminding me. :)

AndreaB Contributor
Thanks Mom, :P:lol::ph34r:

Ok, IF I get to play Mom......shouldn't you be in bed now? :lol:

I know, it's hard to sleep. What time zone are you in....I'm guessing Central.

rinne Apprentice

You would be correct and by the time you posted that I was probably sleeping but now I am getting ready for the airport, okay 3 hours is not enough sleep. :ph34r::lol:

Have a great week, love, blessings, and gratitude, yours in the drama, R.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

NO!!! NO KRISPY CREMES!!!!

Poison is not the answer. Being healthy is better than being skinny. Size 2 or size 4 may have been your ideal body weight years ago, but you are not a teenager, and you should not have a teenager's body!

Ever see a skinny adult cat or skinny adult dog? They don't look healthy, do they? And you don't want to look like a concentration camp victim.

You know you wouldn't encourage any of us to eat gluten to lose weight.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! :(

miamia Rookie
OMG Oprah....she has way too much power. she seems to have lost touch with the common struggles of humanity...in a weird way. I don't think she has any comprehension or tolerance for depression, chronic illness, many many things.....kind of an "well *I* have made it work, why can't you all?" attitude. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......yeah, try NOT SLEEPING FOR FIVE ENTIRE DAYS and then see if you can run your freakin' empire, lady. :lol::lol::lol:

PLEASE tell me why I was a size 2 or 4 most of my life....and now.....can't lose weight to save my life....it may seem minor, but hell, when my figure goes......what will I do? removing gluten made me GAIN so much weight (15 - 20 pounds) and I DID need it, but don't want any more.....it's making me crazy...should I just start eating gluten like crazy to get my weight off????????? :angry::angry::angry:

Rachel - - that is one heinous schedule. get lots of rest when you can.

everybody with appointments....hell I can't even remember what all is going on but I am so fond of you gals. :wub: Just slightly concerned about Julie's excessive knowledge of football.

I am one cranky Dingo Girl, signing off. Harumph. :huh:

Cranky dingo girl-

oh i feel for you but on the other end I lost so much weight and then went gluten free but becaus eof it I developed all these other food intolerances and lost even more weight every once in ahile I think about eating gluten to see if I can calm the other intolerances and gain some weight back but I know from accidental glutenings its not worth the pain.

It is very frustrating!!!

Miamia

Archived