This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

Thanks for all the great info. I printed it out. I have about 90 theories and ideas runnning through my head right now based on what you posted and recent tests. I think I need to be locked in a room with no extrenuous noise and try t think it through.

JULIE_

WHERE ARE YOU???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

Good info you posted! Love the scientificness! I am going to re-read all of that and see what could apply to my situation.

Question on the liver. I think a lot of my symptoms come from my liver being filled with toxins. I think when I tried to chelate using cilantro last summer and had that terrible time, I think I moved metals and they ended up in my liver. I have had liver issues ever since and it only seems to be getting worse because now I have a slight pain there sometimes.

I don't know whether to approach this by chelating metals using dmsa or dmps or rather by working on the liver using the nutrients for helping the detox pathways. If I use dmsa or dmps is that going to chelate and all the toxins end up in my liver again? Will the liver be able to handle detoxing? Or will pulling the toxins out help the liver regenerate and heal.

I think I know the answer to my own question, but I want to be sure I am doing this safely. I don't have an ART practitioner in my area so I cannot test the glutathione or dmsa. Its sort of a test and see.

What are you using to keep your detox pathways clear?

Thanks,

April

PS Its good to know that the kids are probably excreting better. Scary to know that the older you get the less you excrete.

mftnchn Explorer

Popping in to say a quick hello, just caught up reading.

I am managing, not feeling great but not terrible either. Almost up to the full amounts of all my drops and new supplements, except ran out of one and waiting for the order to arrive.

Rachel thanks for the info, I keep trying to understand how my results should be interpreted. If I understand it correctly, it looks like my intercellular levels of stuff is more normal (like magnesium).

Nyxie, how you felt after the ecoffee sounds familiar. When I get the light-headed stuff, if I can, I rest for awhile. That seems to help. But yes, the "lighter" sense is very familiar.

Thanks for posting the info on why the ecoffee works.

Sherry

tabasco32 Apprentice

howdy everyone

so what do you all take for a sore throat? I slept with the window opened on friday night with wet hair. Yeah stupid I know. So now I have a dry, red, itchy and spiting up mucous sore throat. Feel terrible, real bad.

So yeah anything people,

okay I can't have honey, hot teas, or chicken soup

lisa

tabasco32 Apprentice

oh rachel

about the enzymes and toxins and such, if it's hard for you to digest something like dried apricots or something will this stress you liver more. or nuts and hard veggies?

Would something like redoxal, a sulfur amino acid help get rid of some of the burden of metals and toxins? I have some but don't know if I should take it.

Dr. M. said that I got rid of those stinking sulfas. It took 3 LED's to get the sulfa's to detox from me. So I won't be using soaps and salt baths and such for awhile.

lisa

P.s.

Carla can I come too? ^_^

CarlaB Enthusiast
P.s.

Carla can I come too? ^_^

Sure! :D

I'm having my day 4 herx babesia is famous for ..... avatar is a pic Adam took of me when I went back to bed after lunch, LOL. Curly hair is because I didn't feel up to blowing it straight ... he likes it this way, so he wanted a picture. I don't like it because I'm a perfectionist and curls are just so messy, LOL.

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Carla,

Dang woman! You look good even on a bad day. I'm reserving 30 seconds later on tonight to hate you. :D

And in other news.....

Feeling much better today. Still spacey/woozy (but when aren't I?). Don't have the weakness today and the air hunger has definitely improved.

Endured Day 1 of allergy testing. 3 more to go. Its not as bad as I thought it would be. Have a very nice hot red itchy welt on my right arm tho. Grass mix, huh? Also had slight reactions to corn pollen, cats, and outdoor mold. Hrm. They're going to be doing more in-depth testing next time.

Next week is going to be busy. Monday, Day 2 of allergy testing. Tuesday, appt with Dr H!!!! Wednesday, drive home. Thursday, Hida scan. Friday, collapse into a pile until Saturday. It's good to have plans.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

:lol: :lol: Thanks. :D I did have my makeup on because I was planning on going into work, but Adam didn't need me in the office, so I went to bed. It's not like it's a picture of me when I didn't even brush my hair, LOL, I was showered, had makeup on, etc. So, you don't need to hate me .... I look like Kramer in the morning when I get up with this unruly hair.

Our oldest son was up playing WOW (computer game) last night when he was supposed to be in bed and was told not to get on the computer, so we took his computer away. He's "punishing" us by not talking to us or being around us .... this is a "punishment"??? :lol: He'll start talking to us when we give him his computer back .... like that's going to happen when he's disrespecting us like this? Right. Mr. Clueless.

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, I can't see your new avatar....can't wait to see the curls, LOL!

Lisa, sorry you are sick, I don't have a suggestion other than hot water with lemon??

Nyxie, sounds like a full week, keep us posted when you can.

Feeling better--well symptoms are more mild and I can do some things, so that is good news. Not high energy or stamina though.

Sherry

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hadn't thought about the possibility of my raised antibodies being due to candida, but you could be right. I'm pretty sure it was anti-gliadin and tTg that were raised. Anyway, I'm having an endoscopy tomorrow, so that will confirm the current state of my villi, which should shed more light on things.

Heres a page that talk about the possible link between candida and Celiac.

Open Original Shared Link

Theres also a page on the celiac.com main site....in the articles. I couldnt get it to come up right now.

On the interesting topic of enzymes, core body temperature effects the body's ability to produce enzymes, that's partly why people with thyroid and adrenal issues have such problems with digestion etc. How's your temperature these days? I know you've mentioned it in the past as being an issue. I think it's a very big issue for me right now - some evenings, mine barely scrapes 35C!

My temp. is always pretty low since I became sick...even when my thyroid was overactive I was having chills....which didnt make alot of sense at the time. :huh:

Enzymes are definately affected by body temp. but I havent been able to correct this with thyroid or any other type of treatment. Unfortunately, mercury does lower the body temp and this is one of the more common symptoms related to mercury toxicity....its not always treatable without getting the mercury out. I was actually always a warm person until I got sick...but since then I've been dealing with a low body temp.

Its very hard for me to believe that the low body temp. is coming from anything other than the mercury burden because it was one of my first noticeable symptoms following my dental work. I had active Graves Disease at that time...which had usually left me warm and sweaty...but even with the hyperthyroidism I was freezing and I could tell my body was struggling with regulating my temps.

Also, is histamine an issue with you? The healthy foods you mentioned could be high in histamine and would therefore provoke candida like responses in my mind. I have a slight reaction to avacado too - it makes my lips sore. It's very difficult doing the anti-candida diet without having energy rich foods like avacados and nuts, which is why I've struggled with it in the past and why I'm finding it difficult this time round working oiut what to eat without having too many carbs.

Histamine is an issue for me. I've posted alot of info. about it in the past and was following a histamine restricted diet early on in this thread...then strayed from it for awhile....but I'm currently back on it.

Histamine levels can also rise if the enzyme required to degrade it is missing or inactivated. Its an enzyme located in the small intestine and if for any reason its not functioning a histamine intolerance can develop.

I'm not sure if thats whats going on with me but I try to follow a low amine diet which not only includes foods high in histamine but also other "amines". Most people who are sensitive to a food chemical will react to other food chemicals as well. Its not uncommon for someone whos reactive to salicylates to also be reactive to amines....and vice versa.

Most of the info. about these diets is centered around autism or ADD. When I first started studying the diets is when I first started learning little things about Autism...and at the same time noticing the similarities between these kids and my own problems.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
oh rachel

about the enzymes and toxins and such, if it's hard for you to digest something like dried apricots or something will this stress you liver more. or nuts and hard veggies?

If the enzymes that are needed to digest them are not functioning then it will be hard to digest them. Anything that we eat and cant digest can cause problems that can lead to more stress on the liver.

Dried apricots are very high in salicylates....so if you had a problem with that (like me)....then you would feel much worse after eating them. I feel extremely toxic after eating foods high in salicylates.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't know whether to approach this by chelating metals using dmsa or dmps or rather by working on the liver using the nutrients for helping the detox pathways. If I use dmsa or dmps is that going to chelate and all the toxins end up in my liver again? Will the liver be able to handle detoxing? Or will pulling the toxins out help the liver regenerate and heal.

I think I know the answer to my own question, but I want to be sure I am doing this safely. I don't have an ART practitioner in my area so I cannot test the glutathione or dmsa. Its sort of a test and see.

What are you using to keep your detox pathways clear?

This is all a guessing game because we cant really know for sure what will work best for another person. We will all have different "problem spots" or imbalances and so we each have to be evaluated and treated as an individual....based on what we need (or dont need).

I think when it comes to chelation the decision on what to use is highly personal and best made with a Dr. who has plenty of experience in using different methods.

I dont know how well your liver will handle it but I recommend starting on very low doses. Some Dr.s put everyone on the same dose....thats not really the best way to go about it IMO since we are all very different and you may only tolerate a small amount to start with.

I've never taken anything specifically for keeping my pathways clear. I've taken things to aid in detoxification...things like burbur detox or other things that tested well for me. My bioset practitioner unblocked my pathways with desensitization treatments. Those were blocks that were caused by my immune system becoming reactive to things such as cysteine. An immune reaction to things that are necessary for detoxification can disturb the function of the pathway....or block it.

aprilh Apprentice

Anyone have kidney issues? I started having flank pain the other night after the reaction to the glutathione and when I went to the acupuncturist today she said my kidneys were stressed. Now, I am having major symptoms tonight in the middle of the night. Not sure what to do.

CarlaB Enthusiast

April, toward the beginning of all this, I had really bad pain in my kidney area. This was a couple years before any kind of treatment ..... I took lots of colloidal silver and it went away. My chiropractor made me promise that if it wasn't gone by a certain day, I'd go to the doctor (I didn't like doctors, LOL), but it was feeling much better by then.

I had all the symptoms of a kidney infection .... 102 degree fever, kidney pain, etc.

I just figured that a doctor wouldn't figure out what was wrong because none of them ever did. I stayed on the silver for a couple months or the pain would come back. I haven't had that pain since I eventually went off the silver.

aprilh Apprentice

What's wierd is I don't have a fever. I have dizziness, dry mouth, feeling of being slightly swollen (but not much), tingly feet, very tired. Its very wierd.

She worked on a lot of kidney points yesterday since that was the source of my issues at the time.

The colloidal silver is to fight infection right?

BTW, I don't like doctors either.....I don't even have a regular doc I can just go see when I am sick or whatever. I got very discouraged with them.

AndreaB Contributor
Curly hair is because I didn't feel up to blowing it straight ... he likes it this way, so he wanted a picture. I don't like it because I'm a perfectionist and curls are just so messy, LOL.

I think your avatar looks nice. :)

Feeling much better today.

Glad you are feeling better. :)

Sounds like a really busy week next week. Can't wait to hear about your appointment with Dr. H!

Mia,

I'm still here. :) I wasn't getting email notifications again. I always read even if I don't post much.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Andrea.

Well, the next week will be fun, won't it? Nyxie's appt. with Dr. H, Kassandra coming to visit ...... today I get my hair done, tomorrow teeth whitened (:D since I got the braces off I thought it'd be a good idea, LOL, I had lots of abx staining), Gala Saturday (dinner/dance fundraiser) .... Kassandra Monday .... Nyxie's appt. Tues. .....

This Malarone herx is lingering .... it's starting to bug me. I hope it doesn't last a full herx cycle .... I just can't believe it's doing this after only being off it six weeks.

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

Sounds like you have a fun but busy week ahead......aside from the herx anyway. :)

confusedks Enthusiast
Well, the next week will be fun, won't it? Nyxie's appt. with Dr. H, Kassandra coming to visit ...... today I get my hair done, tomorrow teeth whitened (:D since I got the braces off I thought it'd be a good idea, LOL, I had lots of abx staining), Gala Saturday (dinner/dance fundraiser) .... Kassandra Monday .... Nyxie's appt. Tues. .....

This Malarone herx is lingering .... it's starting to bug me. I hope it doesn't last a full herx cycle .... I just can't believe it's doing this after only being off it six weeks.

It is a busy week! I'm excited too! :D

I hope the Malarone isn't too long lasting of a herx either! Also, I love the new avatar! :)

Donna,

All that talk about Bumble Bars made me go and buy one...I actually bought one once before and it was the plain flavor...blech! But yesterday we went to Whole Foods and I got chocolate and almond. Surprisingly I liked almond MORE than the chocolate! :lol: Can you believe it?! LOL!

AndreaB Contributor
Surprisingly I liked almond MORE than the chocolate! :lol: Can you believe it?! LOL!

We've only had the almond. I love it!

LoriG Contributor

I am on this site everyday, but have not posted yet to this thread. I don't know where else to go....

My whole life I have always felt "sick". In 2001 I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I thought I finally figured out why I just never felt good (depressed, insomnia, fatigued). I was put on synthyroid. After 6 years and many meds to fight my symptoms, I started seeing a natural doctor (5/06). She discovered I had hashimoto's and my free t3 was too low and free t4 was too high (for those of you who understand thyroid). She also said I had candida based on the questionnaire. A saliva test showed depressed cortisol at noon. So it all began......

She put me on armour thyroid and tons of supplements for adrenals and sleep and depression. I started hydrocortisone for adrenals. After 3 months with no change I asked her to increase armour and she suggested an antidepressant. Ugh! So long to her. I started increasing armour and hydrocortisone on my own and just got terribly bad.

In January 07' I started seeing a medical doc who changed my thyroid meds 3 different times because I had no improvement and weaned me off hydrocoritsone. He didn't know what to do with me either. In May, I saw an applied kinesiologist who said I had a gluten allergy based on muscle testing. I wasn't sure what to believe. At this same time my mom died of cancer. So I was dealing with a whole lot of emotional stress.

I attempted a gluten free diet but was so ignorant to it all and I was doubtful of his diagnosis. In August I started seeing a natropath who uses energy fields/biophysics to diagnose. He found celiac disease based on severe malabsorption, adrenals/thyroid, mercury toxicity, a virus called flavivirus, and emotional trauma. As weird as his diagnosis sounded, I really trusted it because I know so many people who he has helped. He treated with homopathic type drops (www.nutrienergetics.com). Month after month went by and mercury got better as well as thyroid/adrenals although I didn't feel much better. That is when I decided to go with enterolab for one more diagnosis. My malabsorption score was 771, positive antibodies 15, one celiac gene, one gluten intolerant gene, positive for dairy. At this point the blood work was negative and too late for a biopsy.

OK.... so that was in 10/07' and here we are 6 months later and I am still so sick! I started working with a nutritionist who has Celiac herself. She is starting with the basics and really seems knowledgeable so I am glad to be working with her. She says I am a complicated case because chronic fatigue is my symptom and we will have to do some digging and I have thyroid disease. I am currently on a complete no grain diet and no dairy. She is taking away one group at a time I think. She told me I should notice improvement after a week if it was the grains. No improvement and it has been over a week. I talk to her again in mid March.

I am taking digestive enzymes, 4500mg vitamin c, fish oil, ground flaxseeds, probiotics, 1300 mg magnesium powder, liquid vitamins, l-glutamine, adrenal extract, 3 grains armour thyroid ( a side note here: my free t3 is still mid range and I know it needs to be increased but I fear doing so because of adrenals).

I asked my natropath about lyme disease and based on his diagnosis he doesn't think I have that. He says that I have a lot going on especially Celiac's and it takes time. Ugh. I truly believe his diagnosis is correct with all of my ailments, I just don't know why his treatment isn't working.

I have called companies about all my products for gluten, I am very careful about cc, I double checked supplements....I don't eat out anymore. I work with my medical doctor who is alternative and he is treating my thyroid. He has tried osteopathic manipulation and no results either. He's at a loss. He suggested the myer's cocktail and see how it goes.

Next week I start IV nutrition once a week called Myer's cocktail (magnesium, b vitamins, vitamin c). My symptoms are mainly chronic fatigue, overall feeling unwell. I have no energy at all even when I sleep 9 hours. My constipation is slightly better as well as insomnia. I have had all the basic bloodwork that doesn't show anemia or any abnormal results. Why is nothing working? What is wrong with me? If it is adrenals why aren't any of the supplements or the hc I took even making a dent in the fatigue? I don't even know what test to take next or where to go to get help. I've been everywhere.

I am so weary and in despair that I can't even think or know what to do next. I am broke from all the money I've spent. I have 3 kids to raise and everyday is a struggle. I am beyond depressed with this journey. My husband doesn't even know what to say to me anymore. I'm impossible to live with.

I recently started exploring the mind/body connection. I have done yoga and worked with a therapist. I have had a lot of emotional trauma in my life and major stresses. I don't

"think" all of it is still bothering me. My therapist says it can be subconscious. I've read every self-help book there is. People have talked to me about the "law of attraction" because of my negative thinking. That I need to be more positive and hopeful. I am trying to change my prayer life around to praying for healing from God and thanking Him for it ahead of time. I am so weary of trying something and being hopeful and then I don't get better and then I'm disappointed. I don't know how to change it around in my mind. And I know people in my life are sick of hearing the same old song and dance with me.

Thank you for reading my very long post about my life. I posted here because I know you all understand and can maybe offer some guidance or new insight.

confusedks Enthusiast

I am getting new carpetting in my room today!!! YAY! No more water damaged carpet! Wohoo! But the only problem is I have to be out of my room all day...ugh.

I guess it's worth it though.

LoriG,

The only thing I really know to suggest is reading the Lyme Disease thread in the same section of the board as this thread is in "Other Food Intolerances/Leaky Gut Issues." See if you can identify with some of the symptoms in the first page or two. If you do, you may want to look into getting a Western Blot test done through Igenex Labs for Lyme.

Hang in there and it WILL get better. :) I'm sure others will have more to say.

aprilh Apprentice

Lorig,

I am sorry you have been through so much! Sometimes its hard to find a doc who can treat us for "everything" we have going on.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the mercury. How did he test that and how did you have it removed. To me it sounds like you still have a metal problem. How did you treat the candida? Did you go on antifungals? The candida won't get better until the mercury and metals are out, but it is helpful to eat in a way that does not promote its growth. And possibly take antifungals to control it until you can safely remove the mercury/metals.

How did he treat that virus that he detected? It wouldn't hurt to see an LLMD and get a test done through IGenex. Something is still holding you down and that has been the case in a lot of people that post here. When you have metals it impairs the immune system so these other bugs can take over.

April

dlp252 Apprentice

Lori, reading your story just broke my heart. There are just so many people who suffer so long without finding answers.

It sounds like you at least have a couple of good practitioners now. Many of us have tried some of the energetic and/or muscle testing and it's been very accurate for us. That is what found lyme for me...I later had that confirmed with a blood test by a doctor who specializes in lyme and other hard to diagnose issues.

I'm not saying you have lyme, but after years of searching for answers I FINALLY found a doctor who was willing to listen to me and who tested me for a bunch of things. Turns out I have metals toxicity, mold toxicity, lyme and a host of other things. I think everyone on this thread can relate to your post.

So basically, I just want to give a little bit of encouragement!

aprilh Apprentice

Kassandra,

YAY on the carpet! Do you have an air cleaner of some sort to help with the formaldehyde smells?

April

Archived