This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Welcome back to the semi living Donna. We've missed you.

DITTO!!

I wonder if you had what my mom and her hubby had? My mom was sick for a couple weeks with this thing.

Whatever it is I'm glad you're getting past the worst of it. :)

I'm behind on posts too. I've been popping in to post stuff but still need need to go back and read the last several pages.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

YAY...I wasnt as far behind as I'd thought....only a couple pages. :)

For the h.pylori I was started on Avelox (come from the same family as Levaquin) and I've been having some very specific Bartonella symptoms. <_< However, to treat the h.pylori I also had to be on a double dose of prilosec OTC--and that made my blood pressure drop. Also, I'd been wondering if I was allergic to it... but I'm pretty sure it was just herxing. But last night and today I've been having tendon pain in my left hand/wrist which is not normal for me. :(

Birdy, it could be an allergic reaction since you seem to be very sensitive.

I know that I've had that exact pain on the top of my wrists as well as in the tendons. Its been maybe a year since I've had it but for me it was linked to either a food or supplement I was on at the time. I've never had carpal tunnel but it felt like I did during those days that I had those symptoms. It was painful for me to lift up boxes and especially gallons of milk at work.

I see you reading once in awhile. "HI" How are you doing?

I havent seen Jin in a really long time. :unsure:

Jin...if you're popping in to read let us know how you're doing. We miss you. :)

I really need to sit down and think about all of this and research.

My Dr. said if you dont give up and you keep searching the answer will come. I believe him...but it does take time.

Rachel,

It really does sound like you've found a (or the) missing puzzle piece.

Andrea....I really hope so. At least it seems like we're heading in the right direction. Even if its not the last piece I think if we can identify some of what is going on (metabolically) it will help me alot.

Well, even though it's tough, I'm glad you're finally to the point that you care about this stuff .... it's worse when you're so sick it doesn't matter to you. Sorry you're going through this.

I agree...when I was really sick I didnt care about anything....nothing mattered at all. :(

I dont know if theres anything worse than just not caring but now I DO care....I care about the stuff I'm not able to do yet or anything I might be missing out on...or if my bills get paid...if I miss work..etc. Its all important to me and it feels good to care about it and to strive to improve my health so that I can do everything I want to do...and of course...eat whatever I want to eat! :D

When I saw Amy she had said that we're gonna find this missing piece and get me better...and I'll go on with my life. I felt a little bit sad...I think because this is such a huge part of my life now I dont really want to leave it ALL behind. Of course I wanna get better but I want to continue to learn and be involved somehow. :)

rinne Apprentice

I havent seen Jin in a really long time. :unsure:

Jin...if you're popping in to read let us know how you're doing. We miss you. :)

When I saw Amy she had said that we're gonna find this missing piece and get me better...and I'll go on with my life. I felt a little bit sad...I think because this is such a huge part of my life now I dont really want to leave it ALL behind. Of course I wanna get better but I want to continue to learn and be involved somehow. :)

I've been thinking about Jin too, I am not surprised she needed a holiday with the amount of work she took on as the Racheville columnist but it would be nice to see her again. She has such a great spirit and is funny and creative and YOO HOO Jin we are talking about you. :wub:

Rachel I am so impressed by the journey you have taken on, I know you will be well and that your journey will benefit many in fact it already has and is, this thread has changed my life for the good. :)

I've been thinking about the quote from Tom of how I felt somewhere back in time, my sense is that I am stepping over a threshold into health now and I am feeling better and part of feeling better is forgetting how very ill I was.

I'll be gone for a few days but will catch up when I get back.

Blessings :wub:

confusedks Enthusiast
Morning everyone...I'm among the semi-living again. :lol: Whatever the heck this is has just knocked me down for the count. I'm on day 7 or 8 now, and still can't quite function. I've sort of skimmed the posts, but not really able to catch up.

Sheesh. I'm sorry you've been so sick! I'm glad you're back to semi-human again! :D

Yes, I can relate to that. I was thinking about this last night, when I do get better, it will be hard to transition back into life for me. I went from studying/working almost 24/7 to no school at all. I guess finding the balance will be key.

And, all of our health issues have been the center of the focus for so long, that when suddenly we are better and we move on, it is like we are missing a piece of our lives. :(

rinne Apprentice

Donna, glad to know you are back among us :) sorry you have been feeling so wretched.

Okay, I really am gone now. :lol:

tom Contributor
We went to the Field Museum and the Art Institute. :)

We walked on Michigan Ave. near the old water tower .... I didn't know you liked expensive shopping! :lol:

Hehe Yup!! That's me!!! :o

Or maybe it was the old famous club "The Jazz Showcase" up around the corner. :P:D

Love the Art Institute. :) Definitely going there next time I'm in Chicago. :hopefulface:

DONNAAAAAAAAAAA!! Good to see you back! :)

Guest tamedandfoxed

Okay so I am going to see a Naturopath on Tuesday for the Candida which I am praying actually pays off. Because I am pretty fed up with Doctors. I haven't had as bad experiences as some of you have... just a general carelessness and lack of concern.

But my digestion is really bad lately. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on things that are easier to digest. .. . i know people say raw foods and i believe this includes nuts but lately nuts have been coming out looking pretty much the same as when i ate them. Sorry for the visual.

Has anyone ever tried Papaya enzymes? I hear they are good for digestion. Have a suggested brand that's got no sugars, starches, sulfites or gluten?? (I'm also looking for Iron with these specifications and no B-complex if anyone knows!)

Thanks all! Hope you guys are enjoying the sunshine that we finally have in Michigan,

Katy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
I'll be gone for a few days but will catch up when I get back.

See you when you get back. :D

Katy,

We use Papaya Enzymes by American Health. They've been good for us.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Well lots and lots of scientificness. I feel overloaded with information. But it's good I guess. Sometimes makes my brain feel like mush.

Donna hope you feel better soon. And where is Jin? Hope she is doing okay.

So I have a cousin name Jonas. He got a immunization shot and got sick right after. He has never been the same. Cranky, diarrhea, fever and loss of appetite. I hope that he will be okay. Its been 2 months or something already and he is still sick and the doctors can't find nothing wrong with him.

He seem really drawn to himself. Never like that before. Very introvert. I wonder if this could have triggered autism in him or something. His mom, my cousin by marriage has grave's disease. She has had it for awhile. Jonas is 14 months old. :(

Well I guess all we could do Is keep an eye on him and see how he does.

Rachel have you tried liquid zeolite? I am going to try the waiora zeolite. They say that one is the best. It crossed the blood brain barrier but doesn't chelate. Maybe it could pull some mercury from the head area. and release it.

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks all! I've missed you too. I thought about you often, but just couldn't sit at the computer for longer than a few minutes.

Thought I was turning a corner, but had to cancel my massage appointment today cuz I just didn't feel like I could handle being on the table for an hour, and you all know how much I LOVE my massages. :( Stupid bugs!

I actually had chills again today!! :angry: I haven't had those in a couple of days. Dang stupid bugs! :angry::lol:

christine 25 Newbie
The dentist office called me this morning.

The anesthetic they used was 2% Lidocaine w/ Epinephrine.

I guess now I just have to wait and see if this develops into anything significant.

My holistic dentist said he does not use lidocaine for numbing because it degrades into a carcinogen. He said that he uses Septocaine instead. I just had a filling done, it seemed fine.

I had never head of septocaine.

I remember you saying that you felt bad after the dental injections a year ago, and that you got really sick from them and you asked the dentist not to give you the lidocaine.

Hope you figure it out. Sound like bad stuff what ever it is.

--------------

Hi everyone,

Im still doing well. thanks to BIRTH CONTROLL! of all things. My headaches are GONE, and all my symptoms have gone down by 85 percent. I had estrogen excess, that was making me more sensitive to metals and everything else. Im not as sensitive now that my hormones are more in balance.

Ill stay in touch,,,

Im still really sensitive to B vitamins and sulfites though

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Epinephrine (also known as adrenaline), is produced by the adrenal glands in response to stress and is sometimes called the

truthsearcher Rookie

Count me in on the NO epinephrine (vasoconstrictors) I get all those symptoms that the dentists say is "perfectly normal" :angry:

When I had my amalgams removed last year I had the septocane sp? without the epi and had no problems whatsover, I just had to get more frequent shots because the numbness wore off more quickly. :)

Also worthy of note is those vasoconstrictors can decrease blood flow to areas in your jaw and cause cavitats, (necrotic bone), another negative to epinephrine. <_<

Rachel,

I am the exactly the same way you describe.... the smallest stress can debilitate me. I could misplace a pencil and my body would react like a lion was chasing me. It's gotten a little better with one month of lyme treatment.

---------------------------------------------------------

update with me...

My second appt with llmd is next week. I have low am cortisol, and very high DHEA. Lead and mercury showed up and this is what we'll be working on. I will also find out if anything showed up on my co-infection labs.

Take care :)

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I'm sorry. :(

Laurie,

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if I had epinephrine when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I do have smaller cavitations in those areas still. Hopefully the big one was taken care of with my root canal tooth being pulled......in other words...I hope it didnt't start growing again. My jam hurt for quite awhile between the pulling and the grinding the bone down.

aprilh Apprentice
Okay so I am going to see a Naturopath on Tuesday for the Candida which I am praying actually pays off. Because I am pretty fed up with Doctors. I haven't had as bad experiences as some of you have... just a general carelessness and lack of concern.

But my digestion is really bad lately. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on things that are easier to digest. .. . i know people say raw foods and i believe this includes nuts but lately nuts have been coming out looking pretty much the same as when i ate them. Sorry for the visual.

Has anyone ever tried Papaya enzymes? I hear they are good for digestion. Have a suggested brand that's got no sugars, starches, sulfites or gluten?? (I'm also looking for Iron with these specifications and no B-complex if anyone knows!)

Thanks all! Hope you guys are enjoying the sunshine that we finally have in Michigan,

Katy

Katy,

I have noticed that I feel a TON better with digestive enzymes. I am currently researching to see which come from fungal sources. I want to avoid that since i have candida issues myself.

I haven't done the papaya enzymes but have given that to the kids. If I find some more info in my research, I will post.

April

ShadowSwallow Newbie
I'm sure they wouldn't mind a call on a possible drug reaction.

I'm also thinking that if you've had pain here before, it's probably a herx .... but it is best to check with your doctor. Maybe the was the bacteria causing the carpal tunnel, too.

Now that I think about it... I really should've checked with them. :(:rolleyes: I'll be calling first thing Monday... definitely.

Birdy, it could be an allergic reaction since you seem to be very sensitive.

I know that I've had that exact pain on the top of my wrists as well as in the tendons. Its been maybe a year since I've had it but for me it was linked to either a food or supplement I was on at the time. I've never had carpal tunnel but it felt like I did during those days that I had those symptoms. It was painful for me to lift up boxes and especially gallons of milk at work.

My carpel tunnel I linked to computer/writing/piano/knitting it cleared up once I took a break from all of them at once, rather suddenly. It doesn't come back unless I overdo it, and it was only in my right hand. On the other hand I just remembered that I started knitting again a few days ago, I hadn't been doing it for the two days before I started feeling pain... bust still. <_<

On the other hand, the breathlessness I felt was just like when I had my anaphylactic reaction to bees eons ago. But it came and went... sometimes I had to struggle to breathe, and then a moment later it would be perfectly easy.

Yes, I can relate to that. I was thinking about this last night, when I do get better, it will be hard to transition back into life for me. I went from studying/working almost 24/7 to no school at all. I guess finding the balance will be key.

And, all of our health issues have been the center of the focus for so long, that when suddenly we are better and we move on, it is like we are missing a piece of our lives. :(

I can completely relate to that Kass, although I've always been homeschooled, so it's less of a shock. But I always took on big projects, lots of credits... and now a good day is getting in an hour or two of school. I cooked for a few hours today, and that was too much. :(

Rinne, I've also been wondering how Jin's been doing. I hope you're faring well, Jin. :wub:

Donna, great to see you back! I hope you feel a lot better soon!! :wub: :wub:

Count me in on the NO epinephrine (vasoconstrictors) I get all those symptoms that the dentists say is "perfectly normal" :angry:

This PST thing is clicking in with so much for me. :o Back when we did homeopathy I needed the "sulpher" a lot. If I didn't have it I became hyperactive, argumentative, and just odd. Even now, if I get exposed to something that neutralizes homeopathic things (like caffeine) I revert to that state again until I take the remedy.

Also, we've had problems with BioSet not sticking... and my problems in the past 4 years were all triggered from a trip to the ER (for an allergic reaction). Where I was pumped full of immunosuppressants including prednisone (great for a lymie :rolleyes:) and epinephrine.

On the other hand, I'm more nervous now about having a sever reaction. If I get exposed to something that I'm severely allergic to... like a bee sting, I have to go to the ER or I'll die. But that would set me back sooooo much. :(

I wish I had a knowledgeable doctor who could put all of these pieces together!

ShadowSwallow Newbie

April,

Once source I read said that if the digestive system is deficient in enzymes it ends up robbing them from the other systems (like the immune system). Which leads to imbalances in th1/th2 and problems with PST things, to name two examples.

It was very interesting. There was also an article (I just read the summary, it was one of those journals you have to pay for to read the entire thing :P) about th1 immune dominance and social/emotional support. Apparently if you don't have a supportive social/family situation you're more prone to th1 dominance.

Birdy

AndreaB Contributor
On the other hand, I'm more nervous now about having a sever reaction. If I get exposed to something that I'm severely allergic to... like a bee sting, I have to go to the ER or I'll die. But that would set me back sooooo much. :(

We'll hope you don't have a sever allergic reaction to anything anytime soon......or ever.... :wub:

Guest tamedandfoxed
Katy,

I have noticed that I feel a TON better with digestive enzymes. I am currently researching to see which come from fungal sources. I want to avoid that since i have candida issues myself.

I haven't done the papaya enzymes but have given that to the kids. If I find some more info in my research, I will post.

April

Awesome! Thanks April!!

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

It's med day. :)

Hope you've been having a fun weekend with Morgan. :D

Green12 Enthusiast

Donna, so good to see you back to posting. Very stupid bugs indeed.

Im really thinking i must have metal or mold toxicity, now to find someone to test me for all this. I wish i could do the hair analyzes but with the arsenic and salmonella in the water, im afraid to do it.

You can come up to Boulder Paula.

Ok...well I did have Graves Disease (hyperthyroid) and its a Th1 autoimmune disease. Its looking more and more like the epinephrine had something to do with all this. <_<

Rachel, you got the Grave's dx after the dental work right? I can't remember your time line.

I've been thinking about the quote from Tom of how I felt somewhere back in time, my sense is that I am stepping over a threshold into health now and I am feeling better and part of feeling better is forgetting how very ill I was.

Wonderful news rinne.

Katy, it really is different from person to person what they can eat without digestion discomfort, or reactions.

For example I can eat salads and raw veggies, and lots of vegetables, but others can't. Nuts can be hard to digest for those with gut dysbiosis, it just depends again on the individual.

The best thing to do would be trying some kind of food rotation diet, one food at a time, and journal your responses to the foods. Then you can kind of figure out what your safe foods are.

Hope you have a good appt.

When I had my amalgams removed last year I had the septocane sp? without the epi and had no problems whatsover, I just had to get more frequent shots because the numbness wore off more quickly. :)

Also worthy of note is those vasoconstrictors can decrease blood flow to areas in your jaw and cause cavitats, (necrotic bone), another negative to epinephrine. <_<

Rachel,

I am the exactly the same way you describe.... the smallest stress can debilitate me. I could misplace a pencil and my body would react like a lion was chasing me. It's gotten a little better with one month of lyme treatment.

---------------------------------------------------------

TS, thanks for the update and the additional info about epinephrine in dental work.

I have never reacted favorably to dental anesthesia, now I am beginning to understand why.

Also, I have an epi pen for my angioedema outbreaks but intuitively I have never felt like it would be good for me to use it. If I were to go to the ER everytime I break out that is what they would give me, an epi shot, and steroids, on top of antihistamines....which wouldn't do anything but drive everything further down into the tissues.

I mean of course, if it got to be life threatening I would have to use it, and I've come close several times. I just want to find an alternative solution instead of throwing all these things on top of it.

Speaking of the "fight or flight" reaction and not responding appropriately to stress, has anyone had a heart rate variability test run??

Green12 Enthusiast
So I have a cousin name Jonas. He got a immunization shot and got sick right after. He has never been the same. Cranky, diarrhea, fever and loss of appetite. I hope that he will be okay. Its been 2 months or something already and he is still sick and the doctors can't find nothing wrong with him.

He seem really drawn to himself. Never like that before. Very introvert. I wonder if this could have triggered autism in him or something. His mom, my cousin by marriage has grave's disease. She has had it for awhile. Jonas is 14 months old. :(

Well I guess all we could do Is keep an eye on him and see how he does.

Lisa, this does sound suspicious about your cousin.

I have watched lots of news programs lately with autism as the topic. Having a reaction and getting sick soon after the vaccine, and then drawing into themselves are signs and symptoms that many of the parents talk about.

Also the syndrome is affecting boys at a much larger rate than girls.

What was the immunization, do you know?

Hi everyone,

Im still doing well. thanks to BIRTH CONTROLL! of all things. My headaches are GONE, and all my symptoms have gone down by 85 percent. I had estrogen excess, that was making me more sensitive to metals and everything else. Im not as sensitive now that my hormones are more in balance.

Christine, is it YAZ you are taking?

I heard that it was not good for individuals with weak liver and kidney finction to take, which is common with those that have chronic illness, so just be careful and watch for any adverse symptoms down the road.

HI all

Geat Info Rachel

I sure can agree on this one

I have it on my chart to never use. I swear i wanted to crawl out of my skin let alone the chair.

It was horrific.

hope you ok and the rest of you are hanging in.

Judy

Hi Judy, glad you popped in.

Hope you are feeling better after your MRI reaction.

I wonder if I had epinephrine when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I do have smaller cavitations in those areas still. Hopefully the big one was taken care of with my root canal tooth being pulled......in other words...I hope it didnt't start growing again. My jam hurt for quite awhile between the pulling and the grinding the bone down.

Could be a possibility.

April

Hey April, how have you and your daughter been?

Any progress on your research? Have you found anyone to go to yet, or figured any of that out?

I wish I had a knowledgeable doctor who could put all of these pieces together!

Birdy, I wish this for you too and I hope you don't have any more severe reactions.

I feel like if you could get your immune system to not be so over reactive to things, and calm it down, then maybe you could get to some of the other layers of your health issues.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, you got the Grave's dx after the dental work right? I can't remember your time line.

I was diagnosed in '99...which was 3 years before my dental work. I pretty much had the thyroid problem under control (without having to take meds) except for during times of stress. It felt exactly like my body was pumped up with adrenaline. I had too much energy....I was just wired all the time and I'd easily "snap" if someone pushed my buttons. I would feel the heart palps, sweating, shaking and heat flashes...like a rush through my body.

Those are the same reactions I have now during stress but my thyroid was nuked after my dental work. Now the symptoms are much more intense and there are additional symptoms as well. I get really bad headaches if I get too worked up. I can feel the veins in my head pulsing. :(

I mean of course, if it got to be life threatening I would have to use it, and I've come close several times. I just want to find an alternative solution instead of throwing all these things on top of it.

I agree...of course in an emergency situation you would need to use it but it seems like if you were to use it in every situation it would probably be contributing more to the underlying problem.

Speaking of the "fight or flight" reaction and not responding appropriately to stress, has anyone had a heart rate variability test run??

Not me...what does it do?

Lisa, this does sound suspicious about your cousin.

I have watched lots of news programs lately with autism as the topic. Having a reaction and getting sick soon after the vaccine, and then drawing into themselves are signs and symptoms that many of the parents talk about.

I agree. In every book I've read and from all that I've learned about Autism...those symptoms appearing after a vaccination could indicate the onset of an ASD.

It would be important to pay close attention to his behaviors and if theres a problem as a result of the vaccine...any additional vaccines could furthur challenge his immune system worsening his condition.

With Autism early intervention is critical.

confusedks Enthusiast

Just wanted to share some good news with everyone. :P:) My Uncles have offered to pay for me to have a tutor 3 days a week to help me do work with online school. :D

I will be going to their house 3 days a week (they live close) to be with my tutors and to force me to get work done! I am VERY excited. Their main concern is that I finish High School before I'm 27! LOL! :lol: :lol:

Needless to say, I am very happy with this new arrangement. And, it will force me to get out of the house 3 days a week. I need to start building my stamina back up. There might be some days I can only meet with the tutor and then come home, and that's okay. :) They just want me to be forced to do more work. Also, it will be fun because they have lots of people in their house all the time. So, it will be better than sitting at home all alone.

And, their house keeper speaks Spanish! :D:P Looks like I'll be getting an "A" in Spanish! :lol: :lol: LOL!

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement with everyone! :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Not me...what does it do?

Rachel, the heart rate variability test does a lot of different useful things, it assesses the autonomic nervous system and measures cardaic function.

I don't completely understand all that it does, but in the case of the "fight or flight" thing, it can pick up on if that is impaired. It can be switched for example and at a time of stress your body will be in a state of rest (the inappropriate response of course) and vise versa, in the state of rest your body could be responding in the "fight" mode.

It also measures your adaptability levels, and physiological function- so for example in a chronic illness situation you may have low physiological function, but you might have a reasonably good adaptability level (which means you can overcome the body stressors and heal).

I agree. In every book I've read and from all that I've learned about Autism...those symptoms appearing after a vaccination could indicate the onset of an ASD.

It would be important to pay close attention to his behaviors and if theres a problem as a result of the vaccine...any additional vaccines could furthur challenge his immune system worsening his condition.

With Autism early intervention is critical.

I agree about the early intervention. The more quickly you get on top of the gut issues, yeast overgrowth, etc, and clear it out the better the child responds. So definitely keep a close eye out Lisa.

The fact that he is having lots of "d" could be very significant.

From what I have learned with my own situation, if it was a MMR especially, the measles virus embeds itself into the gut lining and gut issues develop. The gut is the third brain so whatever is happening there will effect the brain with his behavior, personality, and responses.

Archived