This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Green12 Enthusiast

I heard from Jin.

She had a little glitch with her computer on the forum, but all seems to be back to normal now and she has been busy reading trying to get all caught up with everyone.

She wanted me to let you all know that she will be popping in to post very soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
Oh, if only being sick were less complicated! :rolleyes::P

Yeah, if only Birdy. I am with you on that one.

Our bodies are complex complicated machines, and I think hey just don't know everything there is to know. That's why I think we are left to figure all this out and find little clues and puzzle pieces to make sense of it all....like unraveling a mystery.

Quick note...I've been in transition so have been offline and am behind in reading...but have just arrived back safely in China and will catch up gradually. I am happy to have help with the cooking again. My housekeeper was at home when I arrived, with some lamb roasted and ready. It was delicious--its the same price as beef here. My ART testing said my body really wants more lamb, but I couldn't afford it in the USA.

Hi Sherry, glad you arrived safely.

Looking forward to your posts.

Sounds like you will be able to get more lamb in there.

I'm sorry, Julie, I remember being that way .... not caring that my house was a mess was a big deal because I'm such a perfectionist .... Adam always would say he knew when I was feeling better because he needed to get out of my way in my cleaning frenzy.

We need to get you to feeling good!

She was on Lyme chat last night. I think she's doing okay .... she's through her first herx.

Well, I can't wait for my ecoffee, sauna, and workout today. I'm feeling good health-wise, but slightly toxic. It's amazing how much that stuff really does. Plus, since I stopped the saunas while traveling, I've had an odor problem :ph34r: The saunas make it so I don't even need deodorant, but I've needed it the past few days. <_< Some days I've even showered twice and still felt that I smelled (though Morgan said I didn't, LOL).

Thanks Carla, I'm hoping it will pass soon. Life just has a way of creeping up on you and turning on a dime when you least expect it. When you are sick it's that much harder to deal with, and then in return it takes you down physically that much more.

Thanks for the update on Nyxie, glad she is doing ok.

I bet you really noticed the few days you went without your detox schedule, saunas, e's and exercise. That's when you can really feel the impact of how important those things are.

I used to love lamb, but it no longer likes me. It's too rich I guess. :rolleyes:<_<

All this talk about lamb.....years ago I was going to this MD that did allergy desensitizing, it was called EPD, and you had to follow a "rare foods diet" for prep as well as during the treatments, which basically consisted of salmon, lamb, and sweet potatoes.

I followed the diet for a long time and then ended up not doing the EPD, but omg to this day I have the biggest aversion to salmon and lamb, because that's all I ate. Oddly enough I still love sweet potatoes, thank goodness.

I usually got ground lamb and made lamb patties.

We're here to cheerlead you on, and prod you on. You will get through this! :wub:

Thanks Andrea

I am in shock, people in this town know about e-coffee's lol. Well this lady my husband works with went up to him today after i was there and told him, dang your wife looks great for having 4 kids, it never seizes to amaze me how good she always looks, but now she is really looking good. Hubby was so happy to hear this. Well to make a long story short lol. She then ask him about the detox baths that i do, so he told her. Then she is like well you know this is going to be gross but im going to tell you anyway. She is like Dr W. says the best thing is coffee enemas, and hubby was like oh you mean e-coffee's. She was shocked hubby knew what she was talking about lol.

I wish my baths worked miracles like it sounds your have Paula. That's funny she knew about the coffee enemas.

They are suppose to help with inflammation but I haven't noticed any significant change yet. Maybe I need to try to do the baths everyday, I'm only doing them every other day. Have you increased the epsom salts? I am only up to 1 1/2 cups.

Also, I am only able to stay in about 12 minutes, I read that you should at least try for 12 minutes or longer if you can so I am able to at least do the minimum. I was air drying for about 30 minutes and then rinsing off, but I read also that you don't have to rinse off so I haven't been the last couple of baths.

Well, once I started doing saunas I never had any smell at all, even when I'd sweat a lot from exercising. I didn't need deodorant at all.

Four days off saunas and I think I smell, although those around me assume me I do not, LOL.

This is interesting that the sauna has neutralized your odor.

I mean I think we all have our unique smells and a small amount of natural individual odor, but I do think when for example bacterial load in the body is out of balance it's that bacteria that mixes with the sweat and gives off a stronger offensive odor. I actually heard Dr. Oz talking about this on Oprah (the bacteria mixing with the sweat causing the odor part).

So yes Andrea, I would think a strong abnormal body odor is reflective of toxins kicking out of the pores.

confused Community Regular
I wish my baths worked miracles like it sounds your have Paula. That's funny she knew about the coffee enemas.

They are suppose to help with inflammation but I haven't noticed any significant change yet. Maybe I need to try to do the baths everyday, I'm only doing them every other day. Have you increased the epsom salts? I am only up to 1 1/2 cups.

Also, I am only able to stay in about 12 minutes, I read that you should at least try for 12 minutes or longer if you can so I am able to at least do the minimum. I was air drying for about 30 minutes and then rinsing off, but I read also that you don't have to rinse off so I haven't been the last couple of baths.

I only use 1 cup epsom and 1 cup baking soda. I try to stay at least 20 minutes, if the kids let me lol. I was doing them every day and it helped me so much. I am so sluggish the last few days (or maybe its the stress lol) I also have never rinsed off, I just lay in there then get out and dry off.

julie, I seen ur response about my bad water. Things are getting better here, we can now take showers for a few minutes if u are healthy. I of course wont take any lol. The city is hiding what really caused this to happen and its starting to make me really mad. I watched the city council meeting that tbey had today and i am so upset with the stuff that they say. I think they think we are stupid.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yes, Julie, the lack of detox did catch up with me! I got enough sleep the whole time, but with six days of constant activity and no ecoffee/saunas, I'm really feeling it. I just feel tired .... so I don't know whether it's just overdoing it or the Lyme. My babs is flaring a little, but no Lyme symptoms (except fatigue, which can be babs).

Interesting about bacteria and body odor .... it's not like I smell like a stinky guy or anything, LOL. I took a nice long sauna today .... didn't help any with the fatigue though. :lol: I took a long nap afterward.

confusedks Enthusiast

I was told to do up to 6 cups of Epsom salt in each bath. I stay in as long as I can...which is usually only 20 minutes at the MOST (mainly because I get bored. :ph34r: ).

You should work up slowly though. I don't feel any different when I take them versus when I don't take them.

Green12 Enthusiast
Hi Julie & Everyone,

Thanks for checking in on me :)

My daughter has been doing a bit better with her leg pain.

She said it is most likely that her bone is growing faster than her muscles. Then the muscles start pulling on the joints causing pain. So she showed me what massages to do and let me borrow a tens unit (for free!!). That seems to be working. We do this every night.

I have been feeling really good the past month until most recent. I started a Hot Yoga class. So I can get the sauna type sweating and some yoga in at the same time. After the first class I was so sore and some of my veins hurt - which was really wierd and scary. So I took lots of magnesium and epsom baths and felt better. I haven't had that reaction since. Oh, and I started Naitokkinase (msp). A small dose, to help break down fibrin in the blood. I seemed to really do good on this supplement. I started having way more energy than I have had in years!!!

But lately, I have been having wierd things again. I think its adrenal related.

It reminds me of what Rachel describes as an "overreaction" to the fight or flight response. I always thought this was adrenal related. Now that I am having trouble sleeping and feel sort of wired and tired all at the same time - I am thinking I have been OVER doing it with all this energy and now my adrenals are whacked!!! Back on the ginseng to see if it helps.

If its not one thing its another. I think I am still on the road to recovery, but everytime I take 2 steps forward, I have to take a step back. I never feel "normal" for very long. I know you guys can relate!

I don't know how I missed this post April. Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how you and your daughter have been doing.

Glad your daughter's leg pain is better. My mom used to use a tens unit in her practice, glad it is helping.

You know yoga moves toxins, and then hot yoga can be stressful to a body with burnt out adrenals, so I wonder if that is why you felt not so great afterwards.

Have you done an ASI recently? I am doing mine and sending it in at the end of the week.

I only use 1 cup epsom and 1 cup baking soda. I try to stay at least 20 minutes, if the kids let me lol. I was doing them every day and it helped me so much. I am so sluggish the last few days (or maybe its the stress lol) I also have never rinsed off, I just lay in there then get out and dry off.

julie, I seen ur response about my bad water. Things are getting better here, we can now take showers for a few minutes if u are healthy. I of course wont take any lol. The city is hiding what really caused this to happen and its starting to make me really mad. I watched the city council meeting that tbey had today and i am so upset with the stuff that they say. I think they think we are stupid.

Thanks Paula for letting me know your bath routine.

Glad there is some progress with the water situation, I don't blame you for being upset. This could happen anywhere at any time. I'm a little alarmed about what is in our water supply in general, makes you think.

Yes, Julie, the lack of detox did catch up with me! I got enough sleep the whole time, but with six days of constant activity and no ecoffee/saunas, I'm really feeling it. I just feel tired .... so I don't know whether it's just overdoing it or the Lyme. My babs is flaring a little, but no Lyme symptoms (except fatigue, which can be babs).

Interesting about bacteria and body odor .... it's not like I smell like a stinky guy or anything, LOL. I took a nice long sauna today .... didn't help any with the fatigue though. :lol: I took a long nap afterward.

Is this the most you have done in a stretch like that since getting sick Carla (the back to back trips and several days in a row)? If so, what progress. It's probably par for the course that you are feeling a little fatigued, but good news it didn't take you completely down and flatten you to where you can't function.

I know you don't smell like a big stinky guy! So the sauna must do something, maybe getting the toxins (and the odor causing bacteria) out with the sweat instead of having them build up or trapped or something.

I was told to do up to 6 cups of Epsom salt in each bath. I stay in as long as I can...which is usually only 20 minutes at the MOST (mainly because I get bored. :ph34r: ).

You should work up slowly though. I don't feel any different when I take them versus when I don't take them.

Thanks Kassandra.

I have a little radio I put on the side of the tub so I don't get bored. I just physically can't stay in, at that 12 minutes I'm like get me out of here.

aprilh Apprentice

Dr Mercola has an article about Dr. Klinghardt and ART.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShadowSwallow Newbie
Yeah, if only Birdy. I am with you on that one.

Our bodies are complex complicated machines, and I think hey just don't know everything there is to know. That's why I think we are left to figure all this out and find little clues and puzzle pieces to make sense of it all....like unraveling a mystery.

Yes, definitely... and sometimes it's a fascinating, exciting mystery, but at other times it's incredibly frustrating. :(

With all this talk about livers I did some poking around about general detoxification pathways. Here's an excellent article that explains it, and it lists different foods that help/impair different phases. Very, very interesting. I think I'll be posting more about this later.

aprilh Apprentice
I don't know how I missed this post April. Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how you and your daughter have been doing.

Glad your daughter's leg pain is better. My mom used to use a tens unit in her practice, glad it is helping.

You know yoga moves toxins, and then hot yoga can be stressful to a body with burnt out adrenals, so I wonder if that is why you felt not so great afterwards.

Have you done an ASI recently? I am doing mine and sending it in at the end of the week.

ASI???? What is that? Adrenal test?

I was thinking with the Hot Yoga I would get the "sauna" and exercise at the same time. It could be its hard on my adrenals. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Maybe I should try a class that's not in the Hot room to start a little slower. Then come home and take an epsom bath.

I have to do something in the tub when I take an epsom bath. I usually read a book or magazine. I have even taken my computer in there and set it on the toilet beside the tub and listened to that health radio show Rachel posted about.

I can't just lay there without doing something. It would probably be good for me to learn how to rest my mind and just be. :)

aprilh Apprentice
I was mostly talking about the sulfation pathway and some of the things which can cause that pathway to become blocked. For my own situation I'm trying to determine what is not functioning as it should...so that hopefully we can correct it.

What does the liver detoxification test check for? I feel like its pretty obvious that my liver is burdened and I'm mostly interested in finding out what has gone wrong to allow for that to happen. Does the Genova test give any insight as to what systems in the body might be down?

Open Original Shared Link This test is part of their metabolic testing they do.

I think you are on the right track. I don't know a whole lot about this subject. In your post in quotes it mentioned taking some specific nutrients. Some of those are what I take for my phase II detoxification.

Here is some information from my test results:

" Our bodies must be able to detoxify, or neutralize, toxins from the external environment as well as those produced with in our own bodies. This process takes place mostly in the liver, and consists of to phases. IN phase I toxins are activated, which means that they are altered in such a way that carrier molecules (phase II) are able to transport them out of the body. A handy analogy is the bagging of our trash (phase I),. so that the garbage man can pick it up and cart it away (phase II). Phase I is accomplished by a family of enzymes called "cytochrome P450" and phase II takes place via a number of important mechanisms, four of which we measure in this test, with the help of the challenge substances, caffeine, acetaminophen and aspirin. Both Phase I and PHase II of detoxification must function adequatly so that toxins are able to be neutralized, and the two phases must be in balance with each other so that the activated compounds from phase I cannot accumulate in the body causing damage."

In my case Phase II pathways were underfunctioning. This significantly impaired my body's ability to clear compounds. The low phase II activity has resulted in some inbalances between the two phases. There is also some evidence of excess freee radical activity (oxidative stress) in my system.

Caffeine clearance was within reference range indicating normal phase I (cytochrome P450) Activity.

Plasma cysteine, plasma sulfate and the cysteine/sulfate rations were normal. This indicated the body is adequately generating inorganic sulfate from cysteine (sulfaoxidation)

Phase II pathways, glutathione conjugation, glucuronidation and glycine conjugation are underfunctioning. These deficits can result in poor detoxification of many compounds in the body, particularly xenobiotics (what is that?), many medications and bile acids. This may reflect nutritional inadequacies and/or genetic uniqueness.

So what I take for these specific inadequacies are Molybdenum, glycine, activated b6 (p5p50), l-glutamine, b12 shots, folic acid and nac. I took the NAC by itself once and had a reaction. I was told that it has to work in conjuction with these other nutrients in order for it to work. I have been fine with it since.

I may have had some genetic factors going on but when I tried to detox with cilantro and had a really bad reaction, is when my liver really started being crazy. I was reacting to everything. Now I tolerate most everything - within reason of course.

I don't know if this helps, but maybe....

Green12 Enthusiast
With all this talk about livers I did some poking around about general detoxification pathways. Here's an excellent article that explains it, and it lists different foods that help/impair different phases. Very, very interesting. I think I'll be posting more about this later.

Great link Birdy, I'm going to read it through more thoroughly in a moment, I just skimmed it initially.

Thanks for posting it.

ASI???? What is that? Adrenal test?

I was thinking with the Hot Yoga I would get the "sauna" and exercise at the same time. It could be its hard on my adrenals. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Maybe I should try a class that's not in the Hot room to start a little slower. Then come home and take an epsom bath.

ASI is the Adrenal Stress Index, the spit test basically, you send in your saliva taken at different times in the day.

One of my acupuncturist also teaches yoga and he was talking to me about adrenals and yoga, I was just getting into yoga at the time. He studied/trained with Dr Schwarzbein who wrote the Schwarzbein Principle (about adrenal stress and how to treat it).

He basically said I should only do gentle yoga since I have adrenal issues and said someone like me should never do the yoga that is in a heated room, it would be too much for my adrenals to handle, pushing them over the edge and stressing them more. He also was the one who advised me to never do the sauna at the higher temps, only a low temp for short periods for this same reason.

Since you said you started feeling worse after the hot yoga I thought there might be a connection there for you with your adrenals.

aprilh Apprentice

Birdy,

That was a good article on the liver. Very in depth. I am trying to understand all of this and how it works.

April

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

It very well could be. I am glad you pointed that out. I think I'll try a gentler class and see what happens. I should probably work my way up anyway. Eventhough i am an active person, I haven't really been committed to exercise since the birth of my second child. I just jumped right in!!

I haven't had my adrenals tested in a LONG time. Maybe 3 years or so. It probably is time to test them again. I did the saliva test also.

This liver talk is making me sleepy!

Night Night!

April

CarlaB Enthusiast
Is this the most you have done in a stretch like that since getting sick Carla (the back to back trips and several days in a row)? If so, what progress. It's probably par for the course that you are feeling a little fatigued, but good news it didn't take you completely down and flatten you to where you can't function.

Yes it is.

In Chicago, we did a LOT of walking. We were on the go every minute of every day. Walked many blocks at a time. Everyone was tired at the end of the day, so I did as well as a "normal" person (yes, Kassandra, I know none of us are normal, LOL). As Tom can tell you, Chicago is a great place to walk around ..... kind of like NY .... we parked the car in the hotel garage and walked .... or took cabs if it was far.

Then we got home late Thursday night, I slept in Friday, then went to Bloomington to see Morgan. Thursday night we went out to dinner and painted some champagne glasses for the auction. We went to the Mall, then a dinner/auction that went late. Then in the morning, brunch, then the drive home. So, again, busy every minute. Even the sorority girls were tired.

Last year at mom's weekend we went to the mall, went to ONE store, then left. This year, I tried on clothes and walked the whole mall .... then we did other stuff, too.

So, yeah, HUGE progress. I'm starting to feel better now after a day of resting.

Six busy days was just a little too much for these tired adrenals.

CarlaB Enthusiast

The conference on Lyme induced Autism is available to watch FREE online!!! Open Original Shared Link

Many famous names are speaking!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Phase II pathways, glutathione conjugation, glucuronidation and glycine conjugation are underfunctioning. These deficits can result in poor detoxification of many compounds in the body, particularly xenobiotics (what is that?), many medications and bile acids. This may reflect nutritional inadequacies and/or genetic uniqueness.

So what I take for these specific inadequacies are Molybdenum, glycine, activated b6 (p5p50), l-glutamine, b12 shots, folic acid and nac. I took the NAC by itself once and had a reaction. I was told that it has to work in conjuction with these other nutrients in order for it to work. I have been fine with it since.

Thanks for this info. April. I was poking around the Genova site looking at the different tests. It might be that my Dr. will want me to take something similar to what you took...I'll have to wait and see.

xenobiotics are neurotoxins. Heres a list which explains (from Dr. K.)

Heavy metals
Rachel--24 Collaborator
The conference on Lyme induced Autism is available to watch FREE online!!! Open Original Shared Link

Many famous names are speaking!

Thanks Carla! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...so heres where the molybdenum fits in with the other stuff I've been talking about.

Molybdenum may be warranted for use in asthma or other symptoms associated with sulfite sensitivity because of its involvement with sulfur.

Molybdenum deficiency may be responsible for sulfite sensitivity since it is a cofactor for sulfite oxidase. Sulfite oxidase catalyzes the last step (sulfites to sulfates) in the breakdown of sulfur amino acids.

Too much copper or iron can lead to a deficiency of molybdenum...and vice versa.

It appears that sulfite sensitivity as it is usually referred to, is caused by a relative deficiency of the enzyme sulfite oxidase.

Dorlands Illustrated Medical Dictionary describes this as an oxidoreductase class enzyme that catalyzes the reaction from sulfite to sulfate. This is a mitochondrial molybdohemoprotein meaning molybdenum is a necessary co-factor in the synthesis of this enzyme.

Not enough molybdenum, not enough sulfite oxidase is produced possibly resulting in sulfite sensitivity. What we have here may better be described as a metabolic problem not an allergic one.

I dont think its as simple as supplementing the molybdenum but its possible that it can help reduce the severity of symptoms. I think the underlying cause is the mercury because it creates these metabolic problems that ultimately lead to impaired enzyme function.

The essential minerals are important co-factors for enzyme function but when the heavy metals come in....the molybdenum, copper, etc. are out of balance and not available to keep these enzymes working as they should. Everything gets thrown off.

This quote would describe me:

Egg yolks, red peppers, muscle protein, garlic, onion, asparagus, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, mustard and horseradish. Patients who react to these foods may have true sulfur sensitivity with severe molybdenum need.

I dont tolerate these foods or any of the supplements containing sulfur. If I had to guess I'd say that I'm unable to convert sulfer to sulfates and a urine test might show elevated sulfur. I think it would be a good test for me to take.

Monitor copper (ceruloplasmin), and iron in patients presenting need for molybdenum. Too much copper or iron can reduce serum molybdenum levels.

If urine sulfites are increased along with serum uric acid decreased the need for molybdenum is great.

Two enzyme pathways are impaired due to molybdenum need, they are; sulfite oxidase (sulfite to sulfate conversion); xanthine oxidase (catalyzes last step in uric acid synthesis).

I think its really interesting that LOW uric acid suggests a problem with the xanthine enzyme and a need for molybdenum.

I actually had low uric acid levels that was never explained to me. This was early on in my illness...it showed up in tests ordered by my conventional Dr.'s. The results were well below the normal range and there was a side note stating that the results had been rechecked (by the lab) and confirmed.

I asked a few different Dr.'s and was told it meant nothing (of course :rolleyes: ).

I think we all know how I feel about that! :angry:

It all means *something*....just because they dont know what it means doesnt mean that its insignificant.

Anyways, I did my own online searches and never found anything that answered this question for me...everything having to do with uric acid was directed toward elevated levels....nothing to suggest what low levels might mean.

Tonight was the first time I found something to indicate a reason for low uric acid levels....and its believed to be caused by a molybdenum deficiency.

Several issues are raised when levels of serum uric acid (a natural antioxidant) are low. It has previously been thought that lower uric acid levels were not associated with any problems but that may not be the case. Low uric acid levels may be associated with a molybdenum (Mo) deficiency, copper toxicity, and a worsening of multiple sclerosis.

Xanthine oxidase, the enzyme that immediately produces uric acid, uses molybdenum as a cofactor. Molybdenum is known to raise uric acid levels, which is why people with gout (a condition of elevated high uric acid levels) are told to avoid molybdenum supplements.

Uric acid levels can be raised with supplemental molybdenum. While taking molybdenum orally may raise uric acid levels, IV administration may be required in some cases.

Since high levels of copper in the body or diet may result in molybdenum insufficiency and cause low uric acid levels, reducing copper toxicity can result in normalizing uric acid and molybdenum levels. Intake of molybdenum at doses as low as 0.54mg per day has been associated with an increased loss of copper in the urine.

Besides helping with sulfite sensitivity and copper toxicity...molybdenum can also help in dealing with yeast toxins as well as mercury.

Molybdenum may be useful in the treatment of certain cardiovascular conditions, asthma, allergies and mercury toxicity.

Acetaldehyde, a toxic byproduct of alcohol use or an overgrowth of Candida, can be converted into acetic acid in the presence of molybdenum and then removed from the body provided there is adequate molybdenum in the diet or through supplementation. Several doctors have reported improved detoxification and increased energy with the use of 100mcg of molybdenum TID for at least 4 months.

Soooo...I will start supplementing the molybdenum asap and see if it helps with the sulfur issue.

I think it fits...especially since I'm presenting with problems with sulfur metabolism as well as having had decreased levels of uric acid in testing. <_<

I suspect that if my urine was tested I'd still have low levels of uric acid as well as high levels of sulfur and low levels of sulfate (due to an inability to covert sulfur to sulfate).

and just think....if I'd never gone to that flippin dentist I wouldnt have the slightest clue as to what uric acid is...or even sulfur for that matter! I get to learn about all kinds of neat things cuz of my body being totally broken. :rolleyes:

Julie...yup when I get better I really really want to be on the other side of this whole thing! I would love to be able to take this whole experience and all the scientificness and do some good with it. :) I have alot of interest in autism particularly.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Birdy,

That was a good article on the liver. Very in depth.

Ditto. Thanks Birdy! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Life just has a way of creeping up on you and turning on a dime when you least expect it. When you are sick it's that much harder to deal with, and then in return it takes you down physically that much more.

I can totally relate to this Julie. I'm so sorry that you have to be feeling this way right now. Hang in there....I think that you're doing better than I did when I was faced with tough times. I admire your strength. :wub:

P.S. I owe you a pm. My head has been buried in scientificness. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
ASI is the Adrenal Stress Index, the spit test basically, you send in your saliva taken at different times in the day.

I did this test.

I just wanna point out that spitting into a small tube (and filling it to the line) is not as easy as it looks!

Maybe its just me but I found it to be quite challenging. :unsure:

It was a PITA!!! :P

mftnchn Explorer

Julie, I want to add my voice of encouragement to what you've been already given. I also understand that sense of not caring about stuff around. For me it seems like more a lack of energy to care or give things attention; as soon as I feel a little better physically my "caring" comes right back to normal.

Your recent flare has got to be discouraging after you thought you were making progress.

What I appreciate is that even when you are struggling, you are here giving support to the rest of us. Thanks.

Sherry

miamia Rookie
Yes, they are amazing! :);):P:wub:

I used to love lamb, but it no longer likes me. It's too rich I guess. :rolleyes:<_<

April, I'm glad the hematologist said nothing was wrong. When I go to my hematologist it's just kinda for him to look blood work over. We never talk about my symptoms really...because I have been anemic so many times I know what it feels like. And, he is a VERY traditional western medicine dr.

I love lamb it is one of the very few foods I can tolerate- it is a weird phenomenom but I don't question it

I am just happy about it

CarlaB Enthusiast
I owe you a pm. My head has been buried in scientificness. :ph34r:

What happened with the boy? :P You know, the one you had a crush on? He used to be taking up all your thoughts! :lol:;)

I also understand that sense of not caring about stuff around. For me it seems like more a lack of energy to care or give things attention; as soon as I feel a little better physically my "caring" comes right back to normal.

Exactly. You can gauge how well I'm feeling by looking at how clean my house is. Right now, it's medium messy.

I slept 10 hours both last night and the night before ..... plus a nap yesterday. I feel good, but really tired. I'm moving slow again this morning, but since I feel well at night, I think it's an adrenal issue. I also ran out of my adrenal herbs and am waiting for them, so that doesn't help any either!

So, the progress is, it's my adrenals, not the Lyme. :D

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Hi Charlie, glad you popped in.

I haven't had barium come up for me either, so I don't really know what it could be.

I did a quick search, and you are right not much comes up. I found stuff about elevated blood pressure in connection with elevated barium and also elevated barium levels in public drinking water sources but that's about it.

Can you consult with your Dr about it? Or what about the company who ran the test, they might be able to interpret the barium result for you.

yeah, I think I remember seeing a reference or two to blood pressure but that's not an issue for me... I do match up with most symptoms of elevated barium toxicity, but I match up with many symptom lists so that in itself isn't necessarily indicative of much... and drinking water does indeed seem to be suggested as the most likely source of contamination in the absence of direct exposure to a known source (ie. job exposure/poisoning)

I did talk to my LLMD about it and she was just as surprised and confused by the test results as I was... said none of her other patients have ever had a similar test result, which would go against the drinking water being contaminated locally although I suppose it's still possible that say, the water at work is contaminated due to picking up barium in the pipes at some point... though that would naturally mean everyone at my job (about 150 people) are also getting exposed to the high quantities of barium which wouldn't seem likely and since I don't drink the water at my apartment and only ingest any incidentally via veggies cooked in it or brushing my teeth, I don't think drinking water seems very likely at all... which of course leaves me at square one

oh, and I'm going to try and get as much information as I can about the test result from the company, but I think they're limited in terms of what types of questions they can answer and the woman I talked to when I called wasn't very helpful... I plan to have another blood draw done in the next few days to see if the test results are replicated and I'll take it from there...

thanks for checking some info out for me though...

Archived