This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular
How are you feeling today Paula?

That's really good news about the water situation, I hope it continues to improve.

The foot detox patches are on my list of things to get too, I've had them bookmarked at Scott's site since you first mentioned them months and months ago Rachel, guess I haven't been in too much of a hurry to get them :lol:

:D:D:D:D

I am just sick, nothing to do with the foot pads lol. Everyone is sick in this house but my 6 yr old and 14 yr old. So we had to skip soccer today and we were all upset lol.

Last night the detox foot pads did not bother me at all, but there were much much darker then the first night. Im guessing cause I am sick.

I was going to ask you what the chlorine ball was called at vitmain cottage. My parents are going to pueblo on monday and i want her to pick me up one, but i have to give her detail information on things or she wont find the right thing lol. She is new to all of this type of stuff that i do, but whenever i try something new, she is right there trying it with me.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I haven't even had a chance to post about your appt, but it sounded like a good one :) Do you know anything about the neurological stuff your Dr is wanting you to do?? That peaked my interest a little.

Hmmm...I dont rememeber posting anything about neurological stuff? Was it the neural therapy?

This is from Dr. K.'s site.

Q: What is Neural Therapy?

A: Neural Therapy is a gentle injection technique used to heal the autonomic nervous system. It involves treating autonomic ganglia, peripheral nerves, scars, glands, acupuncture points, trigger points and other tissues to achieve the reversal of illness. It can be especially effective in the treatment of chronic pain.

Neural therpay can be used for alot of issues but for me we'd want to focus on trying to move the metals/toxins out of my head area. I've had acupunture and laser treatment to try to mobilize it but it didnt help.

This is how it can be used to help with that.

4. Detoxification: NT can be used, to mobilize compartmentalized mercury and other metals or toxins (to detoxify ANS ganglia and nerves).

We could show, that after injection of a mercury toxic stellate ganglion (demonstrated by the use of ART or the bi-digital O-ring test) with procaine, urine excretion of Hg increased form 0 to 28 micrograms/liter of urine in the first urine voided after the injection.

This result could further be improved dramatically, by adding the appropriate complexing agent into the injection. Also simple trigger point injections and segmental therapy injections can have the same effect. Therefore, NT can be used to selectively mobilize compartmentalized toxin residues, such as lead or mercury.

I'll probably send an email to Dr. Amy to see what she thinks and if she knows anyone that is experienced with this. I'd love to see Dr. K. but I'd probably get booked for sometime next year....if I'm lucky. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Jin,

I agree with Andrea.....dont worry about trying to respond to everyone or catching up with everything. Thats way too much work!

We're just happy to "see" you. :D

Sorry about what happened to you on LN. :(

I'm glad you feel safe here and that you're able to express your thoughts without getting attacked.

Welcome back. :wub:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I started TD-DMPS yesterday.

OMG....it stinks like rotten egg! :o

Great...Now I'll be walking around reeking of sulfur. :ph34r:

I dont know how much I'll be able to handle with the sulfur. Its 4 parts glutathione to 1 part DMPS. The standard dose is 15-30 drops every other day. I read that kids over 60 lbs. can take up to 60 drops...but noone can exceed the 60 drops.

Well...I dont know if I'll make it to 10 drops! :blink:

My instructions from Amy were to work up to 10 drops every other day. Hopefully I can handle it...I started with 3 drops yesterday.

I thought I smelled pretty bad....cant imagine rubbing 60 drops of that heinous rotten egg lotion into my skin! :lol:

It never ceases to amaze me the things we go through to get ourselves well. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Any insight as to possible reasons I have not gotten my period (other than pregnancy, I'm not pregnant)? I have been regular for years, and this month I am so late, days and days, this just isn't usual for me. I'm a little concerned.

I have been under an enormous amount of stress, but I usually am, it might just be more recently.

Julie...I think its stress related.

You had some extra stuff thrown at you and no doubt that has thrown your body off a bit. :(

I did have that happen to me a couple times early on in my illness but it straightened itself out. I think in my case it was caused by heavy stress. I think once I was about 3 weeks late. :huh:

Green12 Enthusiast
I am just sick, nothing to do with the foot pads lol. Everyone is sick in this house but my 6 yr old and 14 yr old. So we had to skip soccer today and we were all upset lol.

Last night the detox foot pads did not bother me at all, but there were much much darker then the first night. Im guessing cause I am sick.

I was going to ask you what the chlorine ball was called at vitmain cottage. My parents are going to pueblo on monday and i want her to pick me up one, but i have to give her detail information on things or she wont find the right thing lol. She is new to all of this type of stuff that i do, but whenever i try something new, she is right there trying it with me.

paula

So sorry you have a sick household Paula :(

Glad you did better witht he foot pads last night.

The bathball I have, that I got at Vitamin Cottage, is called Splish Splash natural bath from Enviro Products. It was around $35. You do have to buy a replacement filter doo dad that goes inside of it every 8-12 months, but that seems to be typical of all the bath balls I looked into (i.e. Gaim). I just chose this one since I could get it and the replacement filters easily at Vitamin Coattage, and it was a little chepaer than others I looked at.

Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Hmmm...I dont rememeber posting anything about neurological stuff? Was it the neural therapy?

Neural therpay can be used for alot of issues but for me we'd want to focus on trying to move the metals/toxins out of my head area. I've had acupunture and laser treatment to try to mobilize it but it didnt help.

I'll probably send an email to Dr. Amy to see what she thinks and if she knows anyone that is experienced with this. I'd love to see Dr. K. but I'd probably get booked for sometime next year....if I'm lucky. :P

You are right, I misspoke (mistyped?). I did mean the neural therapy, for some reason it stuck in my mind as something neurological to ask you about.

I don't know much about it myself, but my Dr in Arizona does it :)

I found a NT Dr referral list, let me know if you want the document, although a lot of times those lists aren't updated/complete.

Thanks for the insight on my late cycle, Andrea you too. I am so used to my cycle being regular, like clockwork, so something is definitely up. You are probably right about the stress :(

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all,

I have a question, it's not gluten related, but I think I may have multiple chemical sensitivites.....I have narrowed it down to things with "fragrance".

I already had stopped using laundry products with fragrances and never wear perfumes. I do mineral makeup, when I wear makeup and was doing fine till recently.

After going through everything with the old fine toothed comb :D , I stopped using my shampoo, conditioner and soaps (which were most definately gluten-free), replacing them with California Baby "extra sensitive" products and only unscented Dove soap. Immediately, the neck/headaches, dry itchies and slightly off stomach went away.

Can scents and possibly other ingredients like this really cause such symptoms? It seems I get one thing figured out, and another issue crops up. Perhaps this is not as much multiple chemical sensitivites as much as just being sensitive to certain things. Confusing....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
I started TD-DMPS yesterday.

:o

That could be a new worse.....worse than walking around all day reeking of raw garlic.

I hope it goes well for you Rachel and that you are able to tolerate working up on it, and that it makes a difference!

Hmmm, you might have to start a new fashion trend and wear flower leis around your neck to downplay the sulfur.

Green12 Enthusiast
Can scents and possibly other ingredients like this really cause such symptoms? It seems I get one thing figured out, and another issue crops up. Perhaps this is not as much multiple chemical sensitivites as much as just being sensitive to certain things. Confusing....

Hi Patti, sorry you are experiencing this :(

To answer your question, yes, scents can cause symptoms for those with multiple chemical sensitivities, or the overly sensitive.

I am sure it varies from individual to individual, but I definitely have symptoms when I am exposed to strong overpowering synthetic smells, even some natural smells. I will notice anything from itchiness, rashing, headaches, sneezing, watery eyes.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Patti, sorry you are experiencing this :(

To answer your question, yes, scents can cause symptoms for those with multiple chemical sensitivities, or the overly sensitive.

I am sure it varies from individual to individual, but I definitely have symptoms when I am exposed to strong overpowering synthetic smells, even some natural smells. I will notice anything from itchiness, rashing, headaches, sneezing, watery eyes.

Julie,

Thanks for letting me bounce this off you :) It can get very confusing, because symptoms, as you well know, overlap. I switched shampoo/conditioner twice--each time the products seemed ok for a while and then slowly, the symptoms would start. That is when I started detecting a pattern.

I think it takes a while for the irritants (whatever they are) to build up for me. Sorry you have to put up with this, too. Ugh :(

On another note, I think your delayed period may very well be due to stress. Stress/worry can really affect our cycles--I remember that happening to me a few times.

Has anyone ever tested there water. If so were did you get the stuff to test it. I really want to test it myself before i let anyone in this house drink it. I also was looking for an place that sold the water test and mold test. Id rather do business at one place lol. I did find one place that has a thing for drinking water, lead in paint, mold. It is at www.discoverytesting.com and its the home inspection kit.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
That could be a new worse.....worse than walking around all day reeking of raw garlic.

:lol::lol: Yeah...definately WORSE than garlic. Garlic actually smells quite good in comparison. :o

At least I know I'm using the right stuff...apparantly the "real" stuff should smell pretty bad.

Yes....I did feel the need to look into this. :lol:

Now a word about the actual product: TD-DMPS.

I have seen some chatter on the web about different versions of

tabasco32 Apprentice

Yeah I don't know what it is with us. Today I smell like metal. Get me and you in a room Rachel I we might clear it pretty quick!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Can scents and possibly other ingredients like this really cause such symptoms?

Patti...awww...I'm so sorry that this issue came up for you. :(

On the bright side...reducing your exposure can make a HUGE difference in how you feel.

Yes....scents and other chemicals can cause a whole wide array of symptoms if you're sensitive....and some of them can be pretty debilitating. :(

The list is long....but mine include

headache

joint stiffness

tissue swelling

blurred vision

heat flushes

burning sensations

brainfog

memory problems and difficulty with concentration

nausea

dizziness

increased sensitivity with exposure

if its bad it can cause crying spells or depression

Those are probably my main ones.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yeah I don't know what it is with us. Today I smell like metal. Get me and you in a room Rachel I we might clear it pretty quick!

LOL....Lisa...trust me...all u need is to get in a room with my bottle of TD-DMPS and you wont be smelling the metal anymore! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Has anyone ever tested there water. If so were did you get the stuff to test it. I really want to test it myself before i let anyone in this house drink it.

I think its a good idea to not drink tap water anyway. I think most tap water is pretty contaminated....if its not one thing its another. :rolleyes:

I drink Penta bottled water...its outrageously expensive but definately the cleanest water I've ever tasted. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of brands of water you can buy that would be safer than drinking tap water.

confusedks Enthusiast

Rachel,

Thanks for your reply about Dr Amy and metals. I totally agree with you about metals being a problem for most Lyme patients. I would bet they are a problem for me too. I will try to remember to ask Dr H about this when I see him. He has explained to me what you said, that even if the levels are low, they can still be a problem.

I am interested in ART, but I really don't think we could afford to go and see Dr Amy right now. I feel like we are just putting one foot in front of the other. Right now money is going to massages, colonics and acupuncture.

I'm sorry if I sounded narrow minded. :( I just get overwhelmed at the thought of having more problems! I have viruses, mycolpasma, lyme, babesia, and I feel like if I also have metals....ugh! :huh: And I know...denying it doesn't make it go away. But for today, this is all I can handle. ;)

Everyone,

I had a lymphatic drainage massage. It went really well. I feel HORRIBLE now, LOL! It definitely stirred things up...big time! I'm glad I'm going soon to have a colonic, to help take out the toxins we stirred up from the massage.

The masseuse was really nice. She said I had a lot of fluid and I actually could feel her moving fluid around my body! She only works on Saturdays, but she told me that if I wanted to, she would come in during the week for me. :) Dr H wants me to have them done 2x a week, so this might work out.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm sorry if I sounded narrow minded. :( I just get overwhelmed at the thought of having more problems! I have viruses, mycolpasma, lyme, babesia, and I feel like if I also have metals....ugh! :huh: And I know...denying it doesn't make it go away. But for today, this is all I can handle. ;)

Kassandra....not at all...you never come across as narrow minded to me. ;)

Its totally understandable to not want to think about additional problems....especially when it seems like AOT already! I can relate to that feeling and its perfectly ok to not want to overwhelm yourself.

I just want you to have enough info. so that when you're ready to look more into that you've got enough info. to make the best decisions. :)

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra....not at all...you never come across as narrow minded to me. ;)

Its totally understandable to not want to think about additional problems....especially when it seems like AOT already! I can relate to that feeling and its perfectly ok to not want to overwhelm yourself.

I just want you to have enough info. so that when you're ready to look more into that you've got enough info. to make the best decisions. :)

Thank you! :):P I will run anything metal-esque by you! :lol: I trust your opinion. I don't know a lot about metals to really make an informed decision about treatment, etc. There is too much info out there for me! LOL! :lol:;)

AndreaB Contributor

:o:huh:

I hope it goes well for you Rachel.

Patti,

I don't have any answers.

I know one of the phenolic compounds T had on her last ASYRA was Acetaldehyde. Indications: petrochemical sensitivity, perfumes, flavors, dyes, plastics, synthetic rubber, alcohol, spreading phenomenon of allergies to foods, sugar metabolism and candida disorders. Sources: Car exhaust, perfumes, flavors, analine dyes, synthetic rubber, produced in body, and occurs naturally in the following foods: cowsmilk, apple, avocado, banana, blackberry, blueberry, broccoli, chili powder, corn, cucumber, eggplant, grape (red and green), grapefruit, haddock, honey, hops, mushroom, orange, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, yeast mix, cooked beef, cooked chicken, and cheese.

Don't know if that's the problem but it's something you can keep in mind.

mftnchn Explorer
Has anyone ever tested there water. If so were did you get the stuff to test it. I really want to test it myself before i let anyone in this house drink it. I also was looking for an place that sold the water test and mold test. Id rather do business at one place lol. I did find one place that has a thing for drinking water, lead in paint, mold. It is at www.discoverytesting.com and its the home inspection kit.

paula

Paula, my allergist recommended Ozark Water Services for my R/O unit. Kind of a mom and pop company maybe, but the gentlemen is a biochemist and has a lot to say about water purity.

They have some simple testing and also can arrange for some more extensive testing. The simple testing is like $10.

I recommend calling them, so did my allergist--versus email or web.

Sherry

jerseyangel Proficient
The list is long....but mine include

headache

joint stiffness

tissue swelling

blurred vision

heat flushes

burning sensations

brainfog

memory problems and difficulty with concentration

nausea

dizziness

increased sensitivity with exposure

if its bad it can cause crying spells or depression

Those are probably my main ones.

Thanks Rachel--I got most of those as time went on except the joint stiffness and tissue swelling. It's amazing that I felt better by the next day after switching brands.

I know one of the phenolic compounds T had on her last ASYRA was Acetaldehyde. Indications: petrochemical sensitivity, perfumes, flavors, dyes, plastics, synthetic rubber, alcohol, spreading phenomenon of allergies to foods, sugar metabolism and candida disorders. Sources: Car exhaust, perfumes, flavors, analine dyes, synthetic rubber, produced in body, and occurs naturally in the following foods: cowsmilk, apple, avocado, banana, blackberry, blueberry, broccoli, chili powder, corn, cucumber, eggplant, grape (red and green), grapefruit, haddock, honey, hops, mushroom, orange, peach, pear, pineapple, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, yeast mix, cooked beef, cooked chicken, and cheese.

Don't know if that's the problem but it's something you can keep in mind.

Thank you Andrea, I will keep this in mind. Some of these things--actually many of them are problems for me, although not all. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Patti, this has been my experience too. I have periods where it has been worse than other times. I think this may relate to toxic or other overload (when it flares for me). I first experienced it about the time I also contracted lyme disease and at that time was considered a "universal reactor", reacting to all foods, chemicals to some degree.

I get classic allergy symptoms, brain fog and joint/muscle pain but also some neurological symptoms and overwhelming fatigue that might be a silent form of asthma and lack of oxygen.

The most scary time was many years ago, when I was in a choir and stuck it out even when a perfume was bothering me. I got sicker and sicker even after I left. When I got home and tried to walk, I had lost muscle control and everything was moving in weird directions and I couldn't coordinate it. That lasted for just a few minutes but I was so scared I was crying.

In terms of what to do about it in addition to avoiding, I'd consider your water maybe switch to R/O if you aren't drinking that already. Extra Vitamin C and a detox regimen. If you are cooking with gas I would stop immediately and switch to electric if at all possible. This can be a major contributer to MCS. Metal toxicity of course can be a factor. Are you driving a lot and getting a lot of exhaust exposure? You can simplify chemical exposure in the home with your cleaning products too, like go to just using baking soda, etc etc.

My allergist told me it takes 10 days to excrete a chemical after exposure versus 4 days for foods so this is why they can build up so easily. So I'd think in terms of decreasing your overall load.

Sherry

jerseyangel Proficient
In terms of what to do about it in addition to avoiding, I'd consider your water maybe switch to R/O if you aren't drinking that already. Extra Vitamin C and a detox regimen. If you are cooking with gas I would stop immediately and switch to electric if at all possible. This can be a major contributer to MCS. Metal toxicity of course can be a factor. Are you driving a lot and getting a lot of exhaust exposure? You can simplify chemical exposure in the home with your cleaning products too, like go to just using baking soda, etc etc.

My allergist told me it takes 10 days to excrete a chemical after exposure versus 4 days for foods so this is why they can build up so easily. So I'd think in terms of decreasing your overall load.

Sherry

Wow Sherry, thank you! :)

I only drink spring water since I am very intolerant to coconut and it is used in most filtering systems, I found. We had a gas stove until a month ago, when we developed a gas leak/stove regulator problem. At that point, we decided to switch to electric--so I'm good there--although I'm not so happy about having had such a leak and the whole family breathing it in. :(

I agree it's a very good idea to try and reduce the chemicals I use for cleaning, etc--yes, I will be taking (even more) steps to reduce my exposure since this last incident proved to me that it does build up without us even realizing it sometimes. Very incidious.

A number of years ago, I had a similar experience with perfume--I actually passed out at work and had to be driven home. I can relate to the loss of muscle control you felt, as I was very shaky and it lasted a while even after I went home.

I think its a good idea to not drink tap water anyway. I think most tap water is pretty contaminated....if its not one thing its another. :rolleyes:

I drink Penta bottled water...its outrageously expensive but definately the cleanest water I've ever tasted. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of brands of water you can buy that would be safer than drinking tap water.

I will look into that, were do they sell it. I do have about 100 galloons of spring water still that i have been drinking and about 10 cases of dasani and arrowhead. So i have plenty of water that i can still use to cook and drink, i refuse to use tap water to cook now..

Paula, my allergist recommended Ozark Water Services for my R/O unit. Kind of a mom and pop company maybe, but the gentlemen is a biochemist and has a lot to say about water purity.

They have some simple testing and also can arrange for some more extensive testing. The simple testing is like $10.

I recommend calling them, so did my allergist--versus email or web.

Sherry

thanks sherry, i will look into them. Im sure i can find their website and find their number.

Remember i had an guy come and talk to me about the water that is like rain, from the steam filtration. Well just for an filter for the kitchen sink that holds 7 galloons a day, it would 2600 bucks. I really hate when people charge such high prices cause they know that we are in dire need here for clean water. I of course have no contacted him back.

paula

Archived