This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

My throat is REALLY sore, it hurts to talk.

I'm on Levaquin .... there's no point in seeing the doctor is there? Levaquin does kill strep.

I had a sore throat for a couple months before I started the Levaquin and it is on the bart symptom list, so I'm wondering if this is a herx ..... I had chronic sore throats for years ... so I am thinking it could be a Lyme symptom.

Thoughts?

I left a message for my doctor.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
Not to mention, I'm sleep deprived from having to wake up at 8 AM to get to stupid Quest labs again...for them to send me away AGAIN because they "didn't understand the Dr's orders!" I told them I did and I'd explain it, but nnoooo they don't believe me!

Ugggg, stupid Quest! They actually called my doctor the last time I was in there because they didn't understand the test she was ordering, lol.

I have a job interview next week for part time work at a local theatre--which would hopefully mean LESS time at evil Panera-kill-me-Bread. Crossing my fingers!!

Good luck for your interview!!!

We had an earthquake this morning!

Welcome to our world, lol! We haven't had one in a while so we're due...maybe you got ours, lol. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Welcome to our world, lol! We haven't had one in a while so we're due...maybe you got ours, lol. :lol:

Yeah, I know, I don't miss that at all! I lived in CA for a couple years. Seemed there was one every couple months.

There were also several the summer I spent in Mexico City.

I actually guessed the magnitude of this one pretty right on the money .... I figured it was near the New Madrid Fault .... not like we have a lot of faults here ... so seeing how far away it was and how little it was here, I figured it must have been in the 5 range at the center. :D

You guys wouldn't have even counted this one .... just some minor shaking .... my music stand rattling is what woke me up, then I could feel that the bed was shaking. When I walked into the bathroom, my shower comb was rattling against the shower door.

The kids didn't even feel it downstairs .... but the birds went nuts.

dlp252 Apprentice
You guys wouldn't have even counted this one .... just some minor shaking ....

Yeah, most times I barely notice them. We had a 5.whatever a few years ago...my dog looked concerned but I just lifted my head and said, oh it's only an earthquake sweetie and went back to sleep...she calmed down and went back to sleep too. :lol: :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

I don't know about your sore throat. Sounds like you may be right though. Hopefully your doc will get back to you soon.

Glad the earthquake wasn't bad.

AndreaB Contributor

Mia,

Thanks for the shout out last evening. I hope you had a good night's sleep and that your day has been good. Yay!!! It's almost the weekend! :D

aprilh Apprentice
I had heard the same thing and i cant remember which ones they were either lol. That is why i thought i would ask here lol. I will do an search on this thread and see what i come up with, i just hate doing searches when it has an 3 letter word lol

paula

Paula,

I ordered Dr. Mercola's recommended Whey Healthier purifier. Its different than you might picture because there is not any kind of filter system or fan blowing. But he's supposedly done all the research and it doesn't put off EMF's or whatever that some do.

The only product I don't agree with that he promotes is the Probiotics. I don't think we should be consuming anykind of soil based organisms.

April

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice

Tom,

Congrats on quitting smoking! I just read an article that stated people who do acupuncture specifically in the ear area have way less withdrawel symptoms and relapse than people who don't.

You might look into that if you start feeling a relapse coming on!

April

aprilh Apprentice
Ok its official i do have an problem with mold. I am so upset right now. I decided to clean the bathroom with an toothbrush cause the grout lines have not been done for months. Well i decide to take off the vent covers and sure enough there is mold all in there. Even since we have moved downstairs i have been sick and i had thought it was mold toxicity from all the old mold problems that we had. But i had thought they got it out when they remolded. I am so sick right now, i got all light headed and couldnt breathe. Im sure it has traveled threw all of the heat vents by now.

paula

Paula,

That is awful! I hope you get someone over to clean all the vents and neutralize the mold spores. Do your homework and make sure they are doing it safely. The Mercola air cleaner does kill mold spores - I do know that much about it.

UGH! So frustrating! The water and now this!

April

CarlaB Enthusiast
Tom,

Congrats on quitting smoking! I just read an article that stated people who do acupuncture specifically in the ear area have way less withdrawel symptoms and relapse than people who don't.

You might look into that if you start feeling a relapse coming on!

April

Good idea! This worked wonders for my step-father who tried and tried to quit. He has not smoked in many years now after acupuncture for it one time. He got a "pin" in his ear that was left there. It was small, you couldn't see it. Eventually it fell out .... and he was done smoking and never needed another.

Green12 Enthusiast
Good idea! This worked wonders for my step-father who tried and tried to quit. He has not smoked in many years now after acupuncture for it one time. He got a "pin" in his ear that was left there. It was small, you couldn't see it. Eventually it fell out .... and he was done smoking and never needed another.

I have heard this has worked well for many people.

Sorry you are having a rough herx Carla :( Hope the fog lifts soon.

Happy 2 year anniversary to the OMG thread guys!

AndreaB Contributor
Happy 2 year anniversary to the OMG thread guys!

Is that today? I knew it was mid-April sometime.

WOOHOO!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG--the thread is 2 years old!!!!

I knew it started in April.....

Congrats everyone :D A lot has gone down here.

Guest tamedandfoxed
My throat is REALLY sore, it hurts to talk.

I'm on Levaquin .... there's no point in seeing the doctor is there? Levaquin does kill strep.

I had a sore throat for a couple months before I started the Levaquin and it is on the bart symptom list, so I'm wondering if this is a herx ..... I had chronic sore throats for years ... so I am thinking it could be a Lyme symptom.

Thoughts?

I left a message for my doctor.

What is this Herx thing you guys keep talking about? You all have a secret vocabulary and i don't have the dictionary!! ;)

Do you have reflux? I used to get sore throats from that, when i was at school i elevated my bed to help gravity keep my food down--helps with digestion too. But since i quit gluten my reflux is gone, and i can't elevate this bed anyway.

What is this Levaquin you speak of? Does it kill strep throughout the body or just localized in the throat?

~Katy

confused Community Regular

Well today, hubby and I decided we are going to start deep cleaning this house to get it ready to sell. I think many of my health problems come from this house lol. So today we cleaned the stairway, foyer and living room from top to bottom. The house smells so much better now. We have only found mold in the vents in the bathroom, so far. So I am hoping it will be catained in the bathroom and were the hot water heater is at. We cant get an guy out here til wednesday cause they are all behind due to the water situation we were in. All i know is the next house we are buying is going to have to some with a maid lmao

April, thanks for that information about the air purifier. I think I am going to hold off for now until we get this house completely cleaned.

paula

p.s. happy 2 year anniversary omg thread.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi Katy. A herx is an increase in symptoms due to a die off of bacteria in Lyme Disease. Levaquin is a heavy duty abx that only has to be used for five days to cure strep throat .... but I'm using it for a coifection of Lyme Disease called Bartonella.

Since I made that post, I have developed a productive cough .... now I know it's bronchitis. I've had this a million times .... I'm prone to it and always have been. I'm taking an expectorant and pain relievers .... it's made me feel better enough to get up for a little while, do a load of laundry and eat lunch. :)

Given that this particular infection has always been a problem for me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a herx from the abx reaching new areas. At least I can be hopeful. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Yea, I know. I was watching the news the other day and they said something about earthquakes and I freaked out. I made my mom change the channel.

About the whole ear pin thing...I wonder if they do that for sugar? LOL! I NEED one if they do! I'm going to ask my acupuncturist when I see her on Monday. My mom had a friend who did it for weight loss...and it worked! She lost like 60 pounds and kept it off! :D

On a side note...I called Dr H's office yesterday and asked for a medication to help with sleep and depression. This is a HUGE deal for me because I don't like the idea of anti-depressants. My question is...does anyone think it's a bad idea to take it? I'm afraid of side effects, etc. Also, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday as far as depression goes, but I don't know if this is something that I need to take a medication for, or if it's just because I'm dealing with a lot of things emotionally and it will pass? Any thoughts? (I haven't picked up the rx yet...)

confused Community Regular
Yea, I know. I was watching the news the other day and they said something about earthquakes and I freaked out. I made my mom change the channel.

About the whole ear pin thing...I wonder if they do that for sugar? LOL! I NEED one if they do! I'm going to ask my acupuncturist when I see her on Monday. My mom had a friend who did it for weight loss...and it worked! She lost like 60 pounds and kept it off! :D

On a side note...I called Dr H's office yesterday and asked for a medication to help with sleep and depression. This is a HUGE deal for me because I don't like the idea of anti-depressants. My question is...does anyone think it's a bad idea to take it? I'm afraid of side effects, etc. Also, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday as far as depression goes, but I don't know if this is something that I need to take a medication for, or if it's just because I'm dealing with a lot of things emotionally and it will pass? Any thoughts? (I haven't picked up the rx yet...)

What rx is it and how high is the dose. If you are still able to get out of bed and function, somewhat normally, then i would not go on the abx. Maybe you juse need to get rid of sugar lol

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Happy anniversary OMG thread!!! :D:D

Wow....2 years already. :o

It went by fast but at the same time I feel like we've all known each other much longer. :)

Congrats to all of us...past and present Rachelvillians! :D

I think we've come a long way in two years...and I know I couldnt ask for a better group of friends to go through all of this with.

You guys mean the world to me. :wub:

A lot has gone down here.

Aint that the truth!! :lol::lol:

Its been alot of fun....alot of caring and sharing mixed in with some craziness and a whole summer of non-stop laughter. Good Times. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Carla, so sorry about your sore throat and cough (I knew I was forgetting something other than brain fog :lol: ).

Are you going to put in a call to your Dr?

What rx is it and how high is the dose. If you are still able to get out of bed and function, somewhat normally, then i would not go on the abx. Maybe you juse need to get rid of sugar lol

This is a very good point Paula.

Kassandra all that sugar could be playing a big part with your moods and emotions.

A lot of stuff is also stuational with your health. I personally am not fond of anti-depressants having been on them before, but it really is a very personal decision. Whatever you decide I'm behind you :)

Sorry you are really struggling :)

Wow....2 years already. :o

It went by fast but at the same time I feel like we've all known each other much longer. :)

Congrats to all of us...past and present Rachelvillians! :D

I think we've come a long way in two years...and I know I couldnt ask for a better group of friends to go through all of this with.

You guys mean the world to me. :wub:

Its been alot of fun....alot of caring and sharing mixed in with some craziness and a whole summer of non-stop laughter. Good Times. :)

You said it well Rachel, and summed it up for me as well!

:wub: to my OMG peeps and this thread, I have learned so much and have met so many wonderful people.....

I really don't know where I would be healthwise without having found it.

How are you feeling Rachel??

What do you guys think about someone doing the foot detox pads without being under a practitioner's care? My dad really wants me to order them for him (they are advertised in his golf magazines of all places) and I don't know if there is any potential problems he might have with them or if they are generally safe for the average person.

Any thoughts??

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday as far as depression goes, but I don't know if this is something that I need to take a medication for, or if it's just because I'm dealing with a lot of things emotionally and it will pass? Any thoughts? (I haven't picked up the rx yet...)

I don't know Kassandra. Some people do better with them. I used St. John's Wort for years and it helped a lot. People around me could tell when I started it. I didn't even realize how depression was affecting me. It's not just a matter of being sad .... it's an underlying issue .... you might benefit from it.

I would ask the people around you whether they think you need it .. how are you compared to before? Are you your old self?

Carla, so sorry about your sore throat and cough (I knew I was forgetting something other than brain fog :lol: ).

Are you going to put in a call to your Dr?

I put a call in this morning. It hurts so much to cough. :( I'm taking an herbal expectorant and it's helping some.

I don't see why it would hurt for your father to do the foot pads.

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

Sounds like a good plan to get the house ready for sale and move.

Carla,

I've only had bronchitis once and certainly didn't enjoy it. Hope you feel better soon.

Kassandra,

I would agree with what the others said. I also don't like the idea of the meds if you don't really need them.

Julie,

I don't know about the foot patches. Seems lots of people us them without being under doctors care if they are advertised in magazines.

Julie and Rachel,

I still love this place too and I've also met lots of neat people and made some good friends through it all. :)

:wub:

confusedks Enthusiast

paula

Do you mean AD, instead of abx? LOL! It's Elavil at 50mg. They said to start slowly, and increase it.

Kassandra all that sugar could be playing a big part with your moods and emotions.

A lot of stuff is also stuational with your health. I personally am not fond of anti-depressants having been on them before, but it really is a very personal decision. Whatever you decide I'm behind you :)

Sorry you are really struggling :)

The thing is, I don't know what to do! LOL! I was hoping someone would have a magical answer! :rolleyes: I can't seem to get off the sugar at all...it's really bad. I know I need to, but I just can't seem to. It's like I've lost so much...fun, friends, school, gluten, etc. so I feel like sugar is the only thing I have left! :lol:;)

I don't know Kassandra. Some people do better with them. I used St. John's Wort for years and it helped a lot. People around me could tell when I started it. I didn't even realize how depression was affecting me. It's not just a matter of being sad .... it's an underlying issue .... you might benefit from it.

I would ask the people around you whether they think you need it .. how are you compared to before? Are you your old self?

I am really trying to work through a lot of issues that could be the *cause* for what I'm going through. But I just feel like there is no reason to be depressed...we do have meds for a reason. Ugh, if only you guys knew what I would have said about this 2 years ago, lol. I was SO against AD's, it's not even funny!

I tend to get really isolated when I'm not feeling well, so I don't know if I'm my "old self." Well actually, I am not my old self...I'm sick. I used to be really social, busy all the time, etc. That has changed, and I'm okay with that because eventually I will get better, but in the mean time, I don't know if there is any need to be depressed.

And, if I ask other people around me...well, let's just say I'm GREAT at hiding how I'm feeling. <_< People think I feel great when I feel like I'm dying...so I don't know.

CarlaB Enthusiast
People think I feel great when I feel like I'm dying...so I don't know.

I could see it in your eyes .... but it might take another Lymie to recognize the "I'm dying" look in the eyes.

I'm not exactly pro-AD's, but I'm tending towards thinking they might be a help to your right now. I think it all has you more down than you realize or let on.

I'm not exactly pro-sleeping pills either, but I take them because I need them. I think there is value to improving your quality of life. The problem with St. John's Wort is we don't know how it interacts with the other meds., so I'd consider the AD's. They might help make this all more bearable for you.

I can tell you're down compared to the first time I spoke with you on the phone. When I was down, no one told me they could see it .... but they did say something once I started the St. John's Wort and started coming out of it.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just spoke with Dr. H. He said it sounds like an upper respiratory infection and the Levaquin should cover it. It has nothing to do with the Lyme.

Archived