This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular

I have been thinking and the hair test people want me to give up citrus fruits. could this be why I feel worse when i drink lemon water?

Doctors Data is the one that ran the test. I did the counting test and none of themcameback positive for mercury. Or maybe i counted wrong last night while i was so overwhelmed, I am going to go look again.

Rachel,

I do have an great hubby.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aprilh Apprentice
Andrea,

Thanks for posting those. Im just sitting here trying to figure this all out and it is not working. Hubby just keeps coming over to my puter telling me everything is going to be fine, cause of course im freaking out here. I just keep thinking im arsenic.

When i read all the interpertations, so many of the things make so much sense to me. But for some reason i cant grasp all the information in my brain.

I also keep hearing an voice in my head. Just worry about one thing at a time. But of course im not listening.

paula

Paula,

My little boy at 18 months had very high levels of arsenic. He did an unprovoked urinalysis. I did a lot of research to figure out where that could be coming from and figured out its found mostly in the soil and water. I had my soil tested where we have a veggie garden and it was fine. We now only drink reverse osmosis water.

The one thing that I know now that I didn't know then is that it probably wasn't that he was being exposed to high levels of arsenic but actually his body wasn't excreting well and maybe the metals were building up. I am not sure of this because he did pee out lots of metals without it being provoked which I guess is good. The ND thinks he got most of his toxins from me in the womb.

Anyway, that probably didn't help. :( One thing at a time! And you are lucky to have a supportive hubby! ;)

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

I don't know why they'd tell you to give up citrus. Is this for a short term?

As far as the mercury, maybe it's not a big deal for you. It may be there but not causing a lot of problems. Another way to find out would be the ART/ASYRA. Mercury came up for me and I'm on the borderline of the counting rules (for the last step).

I would concentrate on the mold and what you need to do to rid your body of those toxins and see how you feel after that.

If/When you can swing it, I'd also highly recommend ART/ASYRA.

AndreaB Contributor

April,

I thought Jin had mentioned something a while back about arsenic and rice. I believe it was something RiceGuy had posted about. If you eat a lot of rice that could be another way your children (or just your son) got so much.

Paula,

My little boy at 18 months had very high levels of arsenic. He did an unprovoked urinalysis. I did a lot of research to figure out where that could be coming from and figured out its found mostly in the soil and water. I had my soil tested where we have a veggie garden and it was fine. We now only drink reverse osmosis water.

The one thing that I know now that I didn't know then is that it probably wasn't that he was being exposed to high levels of arsenic but actually his body wasn't excreting well and maybe the metals were building up. I am not sure of this because he did pee out lots of metals without it being provoked which I guess is good. The ND thinks he got most of his toxins from me in the womb.

Anyway, that probably didn't help. :( One thing at a time! And you are lucky to have a supportive hubby! ;)

Thanks april. I know the water is to blame for the arsenic. I am determined now to get an R/O water system.

Paula,

As far as the mercury, maybe it's not a big deal for you. It may be there but not causing a lot of problems. Another way to find out would be the ART/ASYRA. Mercury came up for me and I'm on the borderline of the counting rules (for the last step).

I would concentrate on the mold and what you need to do to rid your body of those toxins and see how you feel after that.

If/When you can swing it, I'd also highly recommend ART/ASYRA.

Andrea,

She jsut said due to my results, she felt it was best i eliminate gluten, soy, eggs, caffeine, peanuts, citrus fruits and juices. The only thing on the list i eat is lemon water and eggs.

I did email her this morning and she said she cant label me as toxic. Just that i had high levels of arsenic and i needed to detox my liver. She gave me a list of supplements that she feels will help. She also feels that my problems could be adrenal and wants to me to do an female hormone panel.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Paula,

I was curious about the food eliminations too. I wonder how they determine that with the hair analysis?

I think the counting rules can be helpful...but its not a perfect science. I would like to do a Doctors Data hair analysis but I'm not wanting to cut my hair for it! I have to figure something out as far as that goes.

The only hair analysis I have is from 2004 and it didnt test nearly as many minerals as Doctors Data. I had maybe 4 which were out of range but my calcium was really elevated. There was a note at the bottom of my results which said if calcium, magnesium or (I think) zinc is too high then it could indicate a metabolic problem. I dont have my results with me so I cant check it right now.

I agree with Andrea about focusing on the mold first and seeing how you feel. If you still have problems then you can look into the other things.

It could be the mold by itself making you toxic...or it could be that mercury or something else made you more susceptible to the mold and then you got sick.

Like April said...the high arsenic could be a result of your body accumulating toxins because of impaired detoxification. I think we are all exposed to arsenic in water.....thats why I drink Penta now....it actually says "free of arsenic" on the bottle! :D

AndreaB Contributor
I think we are all exposed to arsenic in water.....thats why I drink Penta now....it actually says "free of arsenic" on the bottle! :D

We drank Penta once in awhile before we got our water filter.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

SUGGESTED DIET :

Food Elimination Diet

Based on your test results and symptoms we are suggesting you try a food elimination

diet. Many times when these foods are eliminated from the diet symptoms improve. The

foods we are suggesting you eliminate are foods that can be difficult for the body to

breakdown and absorb easily. When the body is not able to easily breakdown the food we

are eating there can be adverse symptoms. For instance if your body cannot handle a

certain food, when you eat the food it will cause an inflammation response by the body

which can lead to symptoms like skin eruptions, mucous and congestion, pain,

inflammation, upset stomachs, headaches, focus problems, anxiety, sleep disturbances

and more. By removing these foods you are also giving your body a rest from foods that

can be difficult to breakdown you are giving the body a chance to heal easier too.

FOODS TO AVOID

Dairy (all cow, sheep, buffalo and goat milk products)

Soy (tofu, tempeh, soy milk, etc.)

Eggs (egg white, yolk and egg substitutes)

Caffeine

Peanut

Citrus fruits and juices

Gluten Grains (wheat, oat, barley, spelt, kamut, rye)

SUBSTITUTES

rice milk, rice pasta, EnerG Egg Replacer, Sun Butter or Almond Butter, Any other nut

besides peanut, rice bread, tapioca bread, millet bread, gluten free and dairy free breads,

rice crackers, gluten free crackers, rice based cereals, frozen rice dream, rice flour, gluten

free four, buckwheat flour

This is what she said

paula

I was curious about the food eliminations too. I wonder how they determine that with the hair analysis?

I think the counting rules can be helpful...but its not a perfect science. I would like to do a Doctors Data hair analysis but I'm not wanting to cut my hair for it! I have to figure something out as far as that goes.

The only hair analysis I have is from 2004 and it didnt test nearly as many minerals as Doctors Data. I had maybe 4 which were out of range but my calcium was really elevated. There was a note at the bottom of my results which said if calcium, magnesium or (I think) zinc is too high then it could indicate a metabolic problem. I dont have my results with me so I cant check it right now.

I agree with Andrea about focusing on the mold first and seeing how you feel. If you still have problems then you can look into the other things.

It could be the mold by itself making you toxic...or it could be that mercury or something else made you more susceptible to the mold and then you got sick.

Like April said...the high arsenic could be a result of your body accumulating toxins because of impaired detoxification. I think we are all exposed to arsenic in water.....thats why I drink Penta now....it actually says "free of arsenic" on the bottle! :D

Ok so to just worry about the mold, should i go on an mold free diet, or just make sure the mold is out of my house.

Im still not ruling out the mercury. Since it was hair from down under and not head hair, im still thinking the results could be off. I am real close to the counting rules when i did that. That is another reason i dont want to ignore the results.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ok so to just worry about the mold, should i go on an mold free diet, or just make sure the mold is out of my house.

Im still not ruling out the mercury. Since it was hair from down under and not head hair, im still thinking the results could be off. I am real close to the counting rules when i did that. That is another reason i dont want to ignore the results.

paula

I definately dont think you should rule out the mercury unless of course all of your symptoms go away. But its also really important to deal with the mold in the house and then at least you'll know you've done what you can about that and you can move onto the next thing if necessary.

It would probably be a good idea to avoid all the moldy foods...dried fruits, peanuts, cheese, etc.....unless you think you have no problems with them.

aprilh Apprentice
I definately dont think you should rule out the mercury unless of course all of your symptoms go away. But its also really important to deal with the mold in the house and then at least you'll know you've done what you can about that and you can move onto the next thing if necessary.

It would probably be a good idea to avoid all the moldy foods...dried fruits, peanuts, cheese, etc.....unless you think you have no problems with them.

I agree with Rachel. Deal with the mold first. Avoid the foods that she listed above. Maybe even go on an antifungal like Pau D'Arco or Oregano oil just to be sure Fungus is cleared from the body. The fungus in the body can cause impaired detoxification too. Then follow up with a good probiotic like Natren's Healthy Trinity. If you feel LOTS better, then maybe the mold was contributing to the mineral imbalances. Then, because you will be much healthier after getting the mold out, you can focus on the mercury.

Its hard to do any type of detoxing when there is still mold lying around causing more problems.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla....YAY!

So when is your first ART session? :D

There's someone in my area who's been talking to the Dr. in Germany and may buy the machine. I'm hoping that soon people will be able to use it and provide some feedback. :)

I don't know yet.

Keep us posted about the possible machine in your area. :)

Green12 Enthusiast
i think i finally found a good doctor! i'm moving to new hampshire soon i believe and i called this natural health clinic and talked to somebody

rpm, great news!! Sounds like they will be able to cover all bases with you with all they do and have to offer at this health clinic.

I'm alive!!! :P That was no fun at all! I'm certainly glad it's over. The surgeon tried to talk us out of getting a port, and doing a PICC instead, but I kindly said no. ;)

Wow Kassandra, sounds heinous indeed!! I am so glad it's over and that you made it through ok!!!

Frozen yogurt always makes it feel better :lol:

I found someone locally who does ART. :) I sent the office an email and told them about the Bionic 880 ... and if they'd do the ART needed to go along with it ... or even better, if they'd buy one. :D

Carla!!! Wonderful news, I'm excited for you!!!

Paula, I wish you could see my practitioner. She and Dr Z are so wonderful to work with, they were able to interpret my hair analysis results and tell me what was going on and what I needed to do from there.

Hang in there with all of this, you'll get it all sorted out :)

Rpm999 Contributor

thanks for the information and support everybody! rachel, i may be moving in a month or so...there's a bioset practitioner that i talked to that has been doing it for 10 years who seems to really understand all of the concerns, and then somebody else up there does EAV testing which i think would be good? if i can't find ART than yeah...i just want to see what i can handle that'll help me and what's going on, i want to prevent any downfalls with how bad my symptoms are and get nothing but good...people seem to have a good time with EAV it seems...i'm trying to see if there's things i can tolerate that would help detox so i'd be able to take things for that on top of eventually treating lyme or whatever if that was the issue

confusedks Enthusiast

Hey, does anyone know what the warning thing is next to my name? :unsure:

Update: I just woke up at about 3.30pm after having gone to bed at about 11pm. :o :o I guess I was REALLY tired! I'm still in a lot of pain, and I found out that I was supposed to be given pain medication from the surgeon. :rolleyes: I sure hope this pain goes away soon, because it's really limiting. Can't really move much.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I don't see a warning symbol Kassandra. Hey, I have one too.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey, does anyone know what the warning thing is next to my name? :unsure:

I don't see a warning symbol Kassandra. Hey, I have one too.

Hi Ladies :D

Here's a thread that explains it--

Open Original Shared Link

confusedks Enthusiast

Thanks Patti. I saw that spammer yesterday and I thought it was strange because you guys are always really good at making sure there are no spammers.

Kassandra,

What do you eat. I was just looking at your signature and all the things u dont eat. I am about to go gluten, soy, casein, citrus and egg free. Im debating on the moldy foods lol. So i really dont know what is left to eat if I do.

paula

jerseyangel Proficient
Thanks Patti. I saw that spammer yesterday and I thought it was strange because you guys are always really good at making sure there are no spammers.

Yeah--it was hard to keep up with that one! He must have posted a dozen times :angry::D

CarlaB Enthusiast

We're under a tornado warning .... big storm blowing in .... they just set off the sirens.

AndreaB Contributor
We're under a tornado warning .... big storm blowing in .... they just set off the sirens.

Yikes! :o

I hope everything will be ok.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yikes! :o

I hope everything will be ok.

I'm sure it will be. Morgan and I sat on the front porch and watched the storm roll in. The tornado part of the storm will roll through in about 10 minutes. It was cool watching all the lightening, hearing the constant rolling thunder, and of course the sirens. We're in the basement now.

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra,

What do you eat. I was just looking at your signature and all the things u dont eat. I am about to go gluten, soy, casein, citrus and egg free. Im debating on the moldy foods lol. So i really dont know what is left to eat if I do.

paula

HAHA! :lol: I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Basically...chicken, sometimes red meat (rarely though because I don't really like it), sweet potatoes in the form of french fries (but we bake them), green beans, all fruit pretty much, except pineapple. And for starch I do brown rice or quinoa.

It is VERY boring. I'm actually not free of all the stuff that is in my signature at this point because I have to have a blood allergy food test done first, and if I eliminate the foods, the test will be wrong. But in a few days I will be back to really limited.

Right now I'm pretty much gluten, soy and egg free. If you want specific meal ideas, let me know.

CarlaB Enthusiast

The warning was lifted .... now just thunderstorm warnings and a tornado watch till 3 AM.

Archived