This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Oh, on the parasites. One had come up on ASYRA but I haven't had a complete ART before. Just testing supplements and cavitations. Don't go in til mid Sept for my ART so I'll know more then what my top stressors are.......and hopefully how much of a problem mercury is.

I'm real curious as to whether I'll start feeling worse now that I'm not nursing anymore.......I've only had a 3 month break in just over 8 1/2 years so I'm thinking (although I didn't know it at the time) that that in part helped with my level of toxicity.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
It was nice to see you post. You better listen to your mom and do what she says lol

I'm trying, lol. I'm so bored I'm willing to put up with a numb butt sitting in a V position to post here, lol.

Hope your son's condition is nothing serious. The bloodwork may not be anything serious, but may just indicate that things aren't ideal.

I will see her again on Thursday and she is going to test all kinds of things such as heavy metals, my environment, toxins, etc. Hopefully that will shed some more light with what is going on. I also hope Dr H calls me back soon so I can come up with a game plan.

I have to echo that the muscle testing I've had was very accurate for me and I was somewhat skeptical going into the testing. I saw that Rachel was getting answers and decided it really couldn't hurt to try it, and so far it has been very accurate, but like someone else (was it Rachel, lol) said, things can change from one session to the next.

Did anyone hear about the 5.8 earthquake in Chino!? They felt it all the way in Las Vegas and San Diego! I'm not too far from the epicenter and OMG it was SO SCARY!!! I thought everything was about to start flying, LOL! :lol:

Luckily there was no damage to my mom or I, but most buildings in downtown LA were evacuated. It was SO scary. :(

I've been hearing about it. They've stepped up the "what to do in an earthquake" messages here now. :)

I agree with that but I think that the people with carb problems are more likely to have dysbiosis. They have an imbalance in the gut microbes which leads to fermentation. I think the main purpose of the SCD is to try to restore balance in the gut by restricting the foods which feed the bad bacteria/yeast.

I definitely have a carb problem and definitely have dysbiosis, lol. The SCD didn't help me much though...it helped only slightly so I didn't continue it.

For those interested......T did very well on her test today. The testor was amazed at her reading level....although he did say not to put alot of stock in the grade equivalent.

Woohoo, congratulations T!!! :)

Potato chips were always a great food for me, LOL. They were a great help for an upset stomach. I remember a thread on LN where there were several of us who used them that way.

Yeah, the only thing I wanted to eat last week was Lundberg Rice Chips in the Sea Salt flavor (and bananas). That seemed to settle my stomach. I went through 5 bags!!! I was able to also eat some white rice though, but only if it had lots of salt on it, lol. My mom was going to bring me more bags yesterday but I told her she'd better cut me off cuz my stomach isn't upset anymore. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, it may be the opposite ... you may feel BETTER not having the stress on your body of feeding a baby. Your body may be more able to process the toxins.

AndreaB Contributor

A Donna sighting! :D How's the foot?

Who all is on a low grain / low sugar diet. I know it doesn't have to be a candida diet.....but what do you eat? I really need to figure out if we can afford to eat any healthier. The kids love fruit, but not so many veggies....and they are grain lovers.

I was raised on the typical cereal/toast for breakfast (when I ate it) and sandwich for lunch. The kids have cereal for breakfast and bread for lunch, plus most times rice or rice pasta for dinner along with meat and veggies.

aprilh Apprentice

Who all is on a low grain / low sugar diet. I know it doesn't have to be a candida diet.....but what do you eat? I really need to figure out if we can afford to eat any healthier. The kids love fruit, but not so many veggies....and they are grain lovers.

I was raised on the typical cereal/toast for breakfast (when I ate it) and sandwich for lunch. The kids have cereal for breakfast and bread for lunch, plus most times rice or rice pasta for dinner along with meat and veggies.

We are on a low grain diet....well sort of. I really try not to do much grains, but lately I have had to pack lunches for the kids so they eat Sunbutter and Jelly on Millett and Flax bread (gluten free).

For Breakfast we rotate: oatmeal with honey, scrambled eggs, gluten free corn free cereals, and on weekends gluten free pancakes by Namaste.

I make homemade gluten free chicken nuggets that we can heat up anytime.

We do green beans from the garden and I have gotten them to sort of like fried okra. I don't actually deep fry it but I pan sear it. I cover it with rice flour first. They also like steamed brocolli, steamed spinach, beans of all kinds (black, pinto, chickpeas). I do the frozen peas and frozen lima beans.

We have rice occasionally but I try to stick with as many veggies and usually a meat or protein at dinner.

I have been trying to *hide* pureed veggies in dishes. For spaghetti I'll make the sauce from either a can of tomatoes (no citric acid) or pureed tomatoes from the garden. I'll puree some carrots and hide it in there. It kind of helps thicken the sauce AND its good for them at the same time! I have tried to throw in some chickpeas or peas in the sauce and they didn't like that - although they'll eat that seperate.

Now that I am writing this...it seems they eat more grains than I thought!

They like all kinds of fruit and I try to serve that as a snack in between meals for better digestion. Or before dinner. My little one likes hummus with the Millett and flax crackers. He would LOVE to eat bread or crackers at every meal - I have to watch how much I give him!

I got that book by Seinfeld's wife about how she purees veggies and hides them in foods. It helped me think of ways to incorporate more veggies without them really *knowing* it.

AndreaB Contributor

Hmmmm, hiding veggies is a good idea.......thing is, if my kids here the blender they come running. :lol: It would be hard to sneak that it for me.

I do need to get used to having more salads. They will eat lettuce if it has dressing on it, or mayo. They like hummus too, but we got hummused out so I had stopped making it. Hummus would aslo be good on lettuce. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm back and forth with it almost daily, LOL. Two LN people have returned and neither are doing better than before. Have you read the threads? What do you think?

Apparantly alot has been posted the past couple days. I'm totally behind! :blink:

I just read through "We're back from Germany"...thats all I had time for. I attempted to go to LymeNET Europe with the link that was provided. I saw who was posting over there....got scared...didnt read anything over there yet...not sure if I want to. :unsure:

Those are some of my least favorite debunked LN posters...so I'm not sure I want to read anything over there because I dont know how vaild any of it is....I dont want to read stuff that is "tainted".

Heck...I'm confused enough as it is! :ph34r:

I gotta read more and think about it. At this exact moment I'm not willing to do it (the treatment)....but that might change....I think its really too soon to say one way or the other. I think I would like to know more about how others respond.

Also, its always my belief that Lyme isnt the biggest issue for alot of people who test positive...or have been exposed (like myself). Because of that...its not hard for me to believe that some people are not going to get better.

I know that if I went there to be treated for Lyme...Lyme would be gone...but I would come back feeling the same. If the treatment is only for Lyme....then I guess there's no reason for me try it. I was under the impression that it was dealing with other things?? I'm confused about part?? :huh:

What is going on....because once Lyme is gone...what about the rest?? Dr. W. doesnt deal with any of it??

Heck...I'm pretty sure my Lyme could be gone in one treatment....but then what?? I'd be exactly where I'm at right now. Lyme stopped showing up for me after my LED's...its never come up again. Gone..but it didnt change anything....the rest is caused by something else.

I think that will happen to alot of Lymies. The ones who dont have other issues in front of their Lyme....they may do much better....they may be cured. I dont know....too soon to tell.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

aprilh Apprentice
Hmmmm, hiding veggies is a good idea.......thing is, if my kids here the blender they come running. :lol: It would be hard to sneak that it for me.

I do need to get used to having more salads. They will eat lettuce if it has dressing on it, or mayo. They like hummus too, but we got hummused out so I had stopped making it. Hummus would aslo be good on lettuce. :)

Just tell them you are making stuff to freeze. :P You can actually freeze it in ice cube trays and use as needed. I used to do that when I made babyfood.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Scott sent me some info about a new product. I only had time for a quick glance. It looks good....but not available yet. It may be on the market within 3 months. He said he just saw Dr. K. and he (klinghardt) is really excited about it.

Its for detoxification....something for heavy metals but not a chelator. It allows for the body to start producing enough glutathione to get thing moving the way that they should. I think it gets the body to do what it needs to do...on its own.

I'm not totally sure if thats an accurate assessment because I just glanced at it. I'll post more details later. If anyone wants the document I can email it....just let me know.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, trust me, you don't want to read that LN Europe thread. It is all the people I don't miss from LN that's for sure. There was very little information at all, the whole thread was bashing basically. Don't bother.

For me, Lyme and co's does seem to be the biggest issue, which is why I'm considering going over there. However, this Lightworks light I have wipes me out. It definitely works. Adam uses it and he feels nothing. I use it and I feel toxic, like my cells are getting rid of toxins. I also get really thirsty after using it. I take some chlorella and drink lots of water/green tea.

Chloe used it on a sore ankle and it gave her a headache (one of her primary Lyme symptoms).

So, right now, I'm getting some good results from that. After a couple weeks, I'm starting to see improvement, which might be the Lightworks, or might be the Zith or transfer factor or increase in GSE. I felt better this morning until I did the Lightworks, LOL.

The 880 also supposed to help with metals. G. thinks it's pulling metals out of her husband that have been unreachable up till now.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Scott sent me some info about a new product. I only had time for a quick glance. It looks good....but not available yet. It may be on the market within 3 months. He said he just saw Dr. K. and he (klinghardt) is really excited about it.

Its for detoxification....something for heavy metals but not a chelator. It allows for the body to start producing enough glutathione to get thing moving the way that they should. I think it gets the body to do what it needs to do...on its own.

I'm not totally sure if thats an accurate assessment because I just glanced at it. I'll post more details later. If anyone wants the document I can email it....just let me know.

Yes, please, I'd like to see it.

confusedks Enthusiast
I know that it was said that Kassandra's problem could be the baps and that she has this. That is why her iron is low because of the baps? Baps eats iron and lyme takes our magnesium. But what about the bleeding?

Couldn't that also be why she is iron defficient?

Can't lyme hide itself?? What if the muscle testing isn't showing lyme as a stressor but in reality it really is? Cant the lyme bacteria cause metals to accumulate in the tissue? Without treating the lyme how can you get rid of the metals?

The babs is pretty positively causing the iron problems. The bleeding doesn't really have much to do with the iron because I've had 6 month periods of time with no bleeding, and I still got iron deficient.

Yea Lyme can hide itself. I talked to Dr H last night and he said basically that Lyme is a problem for me, and that just because the Lyme isn't showing up right now, doesn't mean I don't need to be treating it. If we stopped the IV abx, he said I would probably get worse. He is going to have Dr B test me for some possible drug combos to see if he wants to change stuff.

I just don't know about the muscle testing thing though, because she said Lyrica for example, isn't working for me. It's totally not true. I forgot to take it for a day and a half, and I could not walk, literally. I had such horrific pains down my right leg, I couldn't get out of bed. And I didn't realize why it had happened until I looked in my pill organizer and saw that I forgot to take the Lyrica, so it wasn't in my head. :)

So I guess my concern is that muscle testing isn't perfect by any means. I guess I will play it by ear and decide where to go with all of this tomorrow at my appt with her.

About the Bioinc 880, I'm not really interested in doing it right now. I want to go ahead with these NAET treatments and see what happens. I'm hoping it will be the missing link to my treatment.

confused Community Regular

Everyone,

I need help decidind on what would be best. Should i just focus on getting rid of the arsenic in my body, or getting rid of the candida, killing parasites or healing the leaky gut. I cant go on the way i have been feeling hte last few days.

I cant decide if i should do the scd diet or an candida diet. Or if i should break down and start the humaworm, Or if i should experiment and take my enzymes. Im so lost and cofused.

I also figured it wasnt the potatoes that got me sick, but the salsa I have been eating. I think the onions are doing something or cleaning something out.

Rachel,

I want the article if u dont mind.

paula

confusedks Enthusiast

Does anyone here eat oatmeal? Is there a specific kind that is gluten free...like steel cut oats or something?

What are your guys' thoughts? I'm running out of ideas for fattening breakfasts (I know oatmeal isn't, but I can make it fattening).

ShadowSwallow Newbie

There are several brands of oats that are gluten-free, and advertized as such. The one that's easiest to find in the grocery store is McCann's, I think. Not sure.

Mom and Sister used them and didn't have a problem. I'm allergic to oats itself, so I didn't try it. There's also cream of rice and cream of buckwheat that's similar to oatmeal... although I don't know what you're eliminating or if those would work for you. :)

Birdy

AndreaB Contributor

Paula,

I'm not sure on that one......sorry. I don't know what is most important but it doesn't seem like the scd diet would hurt.

Kassandra,

I don't remember the brand we bought before, but it was gluten free oats that were sold at a gluten free store in the area.

confusedks Enthusiast

I think I might try McCann's and see what happens. I really like oatmeal, and its a great source of fiber. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

The foot is doing pretty good. I think my main pain is coming from the fact that the bandage is on there really tight...even so, there really isn't much pain which is great.

I'm low grain, low sugar. I'm not really following an anticandida diet though either. I had a protein type shake this morning for breakfast where I add egg white protein powder, pectasol (modified citrus pectin which adds fiber as well as being a binder), some stevia, some of my liquid supplements and about a tablespoon of agave nectar. I usually put in some pure cocoa powder, but I really should be putting in some low sugar fruit instead. Lunch was some chicken, about 1/2 cup rice and some fresh tomatoe. Right now I'm having some "chili"...ground turkey thigh meat with some diced tomatoes and a handful of black beans. Later on I'll have a snack which might be an apple with cashew butter or a nutrition bar with cashew butter.

One thing I had yesterday was some sliced turkey I get from Whole Foods with no ingredients except turkey, some sliced tomatoes (my mom brought me three nice ripe tomatoes from her neighbor's garden) and some bacon (I know, I know, lol)...just rolled that up.

I've been eating more rice since I had the surgery just because I needed something really bland, and that was all that sounded good, but usually I don't eat many grains...even this last week I only had 1/2 cup a day though. (Plus the 5 bags of brown rice chips, lol...those have corn in them too...started getting ear aches a couple of days ago, which have cleared up since I've stopped the chips!)

I'd be interested for sure!

I cant decide if i should do the scd diet or an candida diet. Or if i should break down and start the humaworm, Or if i should experiment and take my enzymes. Im so lost and cofused.

The one thing about both of those diets...they can't hurt you and may actually help even if you ended up doing other things.

Does anyone here eat oatmeal? Is there a specific kind that is gluten free...like steel cut oats or something?

What are your guys' thoughts? I'm running out of ideas for fattening breakfasts (I know oatmeal isn't, but I can make it fattening).

I SOOOOO miss oatmeal...I totally love it!!!! I stopped eating it about two years ago, mostly because of the gluten thing, but iit has shown up on every single type of testing I've ever had as being bad. It came up on a conventional allergy test, and every BioSET test, etc. I'm tempted to try it because I'm fairly certain I don't have a true allergy...I'm not going to die from it, but I'm not sure how much it will set me back. Before I found out about the gluten issue I was eating McCain's steel cut oats and really love them. I'm also not certain that they are certified gluten free though...

confusedks Enthusiast
I'm also not certain that they are certified gluten free though...

They're not, but they use separate facilities or something. I read on their site. I'm just going crazy not being able to eat interesting food.

Nanjkay Apprentice
Ok someone explain to me why i can eat potato chips with no reaction, but i get so bloated with potatoes. I also have the worst smelling Bm from potatoes.

I think i know what I am going to be told, it is the MOLD problem that i have. But wouldnt potato chips cause me to react to lol

paula

Paula-

I can drink tomato juice and grape tomatos in small amounts but can not tolerate a Jersey beefsteak tomato!!! I feel your frustration-

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice
I'm guessing there are more factors perhaps than we know. Because while some on this forum seem to do amazingly well gluten-free, there are numbers that don't improve fully and continue to have some degree of gut issues.

My guess is that it isn't a black and white/either or situation, but that there may be a subgroup that do have trouble with all carbohydrate digestion, not just lactose.

Sherry

Sherry-

I agree with you that is not a black and white issue. There is definitely something else at play with the carbs that we may not yet understand. I know I feel 100 times better when I steer clear of starches/carbs/sugar. I have read some SCD threads and many wrote that they did not improve until they did the SCD.

Sherry- which book did you read on SCD? What you wrote before is great information and I want to read more about it.

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice

Kassandra-

Bob's Red Mill has a gluten-free oatmeal grown on its own fields without wheat and cut in its own factory. They test batches for gluten. Most oatmeals are contaminated.

Be careful though, I had some after not really having a "grain" in many months, and the oatmeal combined with the ABX has reeked havoc on my stomach. It is not pretty! <_< Start out in small portions, and I mean small.

Nancy

Nanjkay Apprentice
Well I guess yours were ALOT smarter than mine. :D

I still cant think of one helpful thing they said. I'm truely stumped this time! :mellow:

I could totally provide a super long list of UNhelpful things they told me. Lots of those things are coming to mind....there was no shortage of stupidness thats for sure. :lol:

Most things were unhelpful and nearly drove me to hurting them or myself, but, some told me things that later on made some sense. Like when I asked a Celiac specialist if the mere fact that I have so many diseases was evidence that I had Celiac, and he said "no". At the time, I thought...he's clueless. But he was right, the Lyme and co-infections is why I have so many diseases!

Nancy

aprilh Apprentice
Everyone,

I need help decidind on what would be best. Should i just focus on getting rid of the arsenic in my body, or getting rid of the candida, killing parasites or healing the leaky gut. I cant go on the way i have been feeling hte last few days.

I also figured it wasnt the potatoes that got me sick, but the salsa I have been eating. I think the onions are doing something or cleaning something out.

Rachel,

I want the article if u dont mind.

paula

Paula,

This is a hard decision and I feel your frustration. I have been there and still am there but in a different way than before...if that makes sense. :huh:

I think either the SCD or Candida diet might be a good start just because your history with mold. I don't know much about the SCD diet but it sounds like it is low in starches which is sort of similar to the candida - the idea being that you would want digestion to be sped up in order not to feed fungus.

Once you are familiar with that AND if it seems to be helping take some of the stress off your body, then maybe you could move onto the second phase.

It's not really smart to go doing a lot of detoxing if your detox pathways are blocked - this will only make you feel worse.

Are you able to start back on the epsom baths? I can't remember if they helped you or not.

If you could possibly get in with ART or some type of muscle testing like Kassandra, maybe that would guide you as to what to do first.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, trust me, you don't want to read that LN Europe thread. It is all the people I don't miss from LN that's for sure. There was very little information at all, the whole thread was bashing basically. Don't bother.

Thanks....thats what I figured as soon as I saw the title of the thread. :rolleyes:

I emailed the info to you regarding this new antioxidant product. It sounds good to me....maybe something that can really help me. I like the fact that its not a chelator....not a precurser for glutathione.....not glutathione itself...but something that is actually raising glutathione levels in the body by addressing free radicals.

Oxidative stress and free radicals is something we're all dealing with.....if the product works it could be really helpful for some people. Guess we have to wait and see.

Paula....I could not send to you because I dont have your email and cant send email attachments through the board.

Archived