This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast

I already have them and have used them once. The only other intolerance is dairy ... and I won't eat at a place that doesn't have a gluten-free menu .... I figure if they have a gluten-free menu, they have a good chance of getting me a safe meal, but after my son worked in a restaurant all summer, I realized that there was a good chance of cc even in a seemingly safe meal at a restaurant with no training in food allergies. Until I get better, it will be rare for me to eat out at all.

Thanks for the offer.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

I just had a "DUH" moment. I decided to clean up a smidgen of my sig. I know that if I have too much millet, it doesn't like me. Well, I just saw it on my low intolerances. DUH.

Haven't tried quinoa or amaranth. I still have some flour I forget to take back of those....I did test intolerant to gliadin and well as gluten.

On another note, I was going over quicken and looking at what I've been spending for groceries. :o We need to work on something. I increased the budget a smidgen and if we bring treats down to a reasonable or non existant level, we may be ok.

I just had some chocolate chips again.....we'll see if the little one gets red eyes again. I didn't test intolerant but I'm wondering if I am a smidgen. We are trying to work over to having more berries and getting the kids used to that for a treat. We had to mix canned peaches with frozen strawberries since the juice had ascorbic acid in it. It was pretty good. I also just bought 10# of blueberries and we have numerous mixed berry bags in the freezer that Mitch can't have. I'm hoping I'll be able to convince him to try blueberries again.

OK Rachel......I'm blaming you. :lol::angry::(:lol: (I'm not really mad) I found this beautiful tree (second and third one I sent you a picture of) and I'm trying to figure out justifying getting it. I don't think there is much hope this year though. We've already charged so much with all the testing we did.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

premature post...

I want the triumph cards!!!!! :rolleyes:

pick me!!! pick me!!! pick me!!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Nope don't think I need the cards either, lol. I think you're right Rachel...not many on this thread. :lol:

Oh, Andrea, those berries sound good! And, wish I had a dollar for every duh moment I've had, lol.

Well, my appointment went well. I didn't get to finish with the internist though, but did have a cervical spine Xray, got my first "mini" adjustment with the chiropractor and had my physical therapy evaluation.

You know, I'm almost as excited about the chiropractic and the physical therapy as I am about the rest, lol. My Xrays show that my spine tilts to the right (at my neck) and from the side, I have a "forward head" and my spine angles sharply at the neck...gosh wonder why my neck hurts so much, lol. Anyway, Dr. chiropractor thinks that can be correct. The PT will help by strengthening the muscles that need to be strengthened in order to correct my posture, which isn't horrible, but just not right. At one point the PT was feeling around the back of my neck and she hit one spot and she asked if I got a lot of headaches, to which I said yes and she said "behind the eye?", um YES, lol. The spot she touched at the back of my head has something to do with that and it's being pinched because of my forward head, lol. :lol: Okay, typing this out sounds too funny, and I'm cracking myself up, lol. :lol:

Anyway, I'm excited about the exercises and stretches they will give me.

So, as a result of today, I have appointments EVERY DAY THIS WEEK, lol. :lol: They couldn't get a day that combined them, so I'm having to split them up.

Tomorrow - Nutritionist

Wednesday - amalgam removal

Thursday - PT and Chiropractor appts

Friday - finish with the Internist

Phew!

Oh, and did I mention that the mini adjustment was just ONE adjustment and it hurt like hades, lol.

Pssst...I spoke too soon about someone on this thread wanting the cards, lol.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Yes, I am a starving artist and always quick to sniff out a bargain!

Donna.....wow! lots going on, I am excited for you!

there is significant staring now.....gotta take the girls out. Oh, I think I have a job. don't get all excited though everybody.....it's nothing important. Just selling art supplies.....I think I can handle it.

:)

dlp252 Apprentice
Yes, I am a starving artist and always quick to sniff out a bargain!

Donna.....wow! lots going on, I am excited for you!

there is significant staring now.....gotta take the girls out. Oh, I think I have a job. don't get all excited though everybody.....it's nothing important. Just selling art supplies.....I think I can handle it.

I can't help it, I'm excited for you! The only thing I love more than making jewelry is using art supplies, lol!!!! :lol: Just got rid of a bunch, but kept a few "just in case"...a former obsession of mine...painting...and all the accessories. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, you'll really be pleased with how much chiropractic helps. I've gone for years ... used to be regularly, now that I've had my TMJ fixed, it's only a few times per year as I don't need it as often. Once you get all fixed up, you'll only need it occassionally.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Tomorrow - Nutritionist

Wednesday - amalgam removal

Thursday - PT and Chiropractor appts

Friday - finish with the Internist

Phew!

You're challenging me aren't you. It's easy to remember that you have an appointment everyday......not so easy to remember who you see. :P

Oh, I think I have a job. don't get all excited though everybody.....it's nothing important. Just selling art supplies.....I think I can handle it.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN DON'T GET EXCITED!!!!!! :blink:

WOOHOO!!!! Hope so. :D:P:)

Guest melannen
WHO WANTS THE TRIUMPH CARDS????

Wow Rach generous offer!!

Maybe Jessica (melannen). I don't think she has other intolerances.....

Awwwww you're sweet to think of me...and you're right I don't have any other intolerances (at least none that I'm aware of :ph34r:). I'm actually getting them from mum for Christmas already...looks like Susan wants them :lol:

Congrats! Selling art supplies...sounds like fun to me!! :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
OK Rachel......I'm blaming you. :lol::angry::(:lol: (I'm not really mad) I found this beautiful tree (second and third one I sent you a picture of) and I'm trying to figure out justifying getting it. I don't think there is much hope this year though. We've already charged so much with all the testing we did.

Andrea.....oh the $$ on food......zoigs.....

but what is this about trees? I am a TREE FANATIC, staring and fixated on trees wherever I go, painting trees, dreaming of trees...how come I don't know about the trees?

no no no, it's not exciting, this job, trust me, it's a great little artists' supply store, very nice people, but it's just a part-time thing. no big...not my real career or anything. It's like a complete.....non-event, really. Just gets me out of the house more and earning a bit more cash. I am quite scared to work again. Y'all have no idea how fried my brain is. But.....the artist/writer I work for did call the lady who owns the store and kind of raved over me a bit, and explained in her lovely S. African/British lilt all about my Celiac condition, so thank GAWD she was prepped on that. But, I confessed to her, that more than a few brain cells had been killed, that I would have to write things down as I was learning - - - she rejoiced, said that at least she wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions all the time. IT is a trial thing, we will see how it fits.

rinne Apprentice
Rinne....your party sounds traumatic and I am glad you have ruled against future parties....they are tedious.

Maybe you should have had a bouncer? :)

ROTFLMAO

I'm sure you will bring joi de vivre to any workplace. :)

I wonder at my own brain. I wonder about the story I tell myself.

There is another story I can tell about my party and in future years it will be the one I will be most entertained by, no more poor me. :lol: There was a synchronistic event, my favourite kind, that occured the night of my party. There is another site I have posted my efforts to get a diagnosis and the difficulty of doing so in Canada, or anywhere really and that I was going to Calgary to a private clinic. So, old friends and new at the party and much discussion of my Lyme diagnosis and a new friend says, do you know such and such web site and I say yes and she says Rinne and I say Sparqui. :lol::lol::lol: It was. In a city of close to seven hundred thousand people. ROTFLMAO

Thanks for making me laugh Susan, it triggered that great moment again. I keep coming back to it and going oh yah, and this happened too.

Donna, I thought my week in Calgary was intense. Wow to yours. I am so glad you are getting help.

AndreaB Contributor

Hey gals and guys.

I don't know how often Tavi post on the forum any more but she posted over at Daily Strength about her mom being in the hospital. Prayers and good thoughts to be sent her way please.

Susan,

You didn't miss anything about the trees. I had told Rachel on here that she had mail. It was about trees. A beautiful tree, on sale, but still much more than we can afford. Hubby wants us to get a cheap on if we are going to get one this year and look to getting a good one a few years down the road.

rinne Apprentice
Biological Terrain Assessment (BTA), now renamed, QFA (Quantitative Fluid Analyzer). is a European test which has gained popularity in the U.S. The QFA is an entirely new approach, measures the "deep health" of the body by monitoring the pH, redox (reduction-oxidation), and resistivity of the blood, saliva, and urine. These three measures, taken simultaneously, of three different fluids, provide nine views of the body's true health, revealing levels of dysfunction that traditional tests don't encompass.

You may contact:

Health Science Products, LLC, 1010 S. Beeline Hwy. Payson , AZ 85541, Phone 928.474.9686, FAX 928.474.1211 info@healthscienceproducts.net www.healthscienceproducts.net

This is one of the tests I had done, has anyone else had it?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You didn't miss anything about the trees. I had told Rachel on here that she had mail. It was about trees. A beautiful tree, on sale, but still much more than we can afford. Hubby wants us to get a cheap on if we are going to get one this year and look to getting a good one a few years down the road.

Andrea....what KIND of tree? I do need these details!!! I am obsessed wtih trees! :lol:

Rinne - - OMG you mean there is a story you will not tell us?? :o:lol: well that other story about Sparqui is quite funny! Imagine that!

I did read about TAvi's mom....we must all send prayers her way.

Have been busy listing things on ebay and must crash. goodnight, all. ;)

rinne Apprentice
Rinne - - OMG you mean there is a story you will not tell us?? :o:lol: well that other story about Sparqui is quite funny! Imagine that!

Several. :P:lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea....what KIND of tree? I do need these details!!! I am obsessed wtih trees! :lol:

Artificial christmas trees. Send me your email in a pm and I'll send the pictures over. It's a really neat site. The pre lit ones (don't know about the non pre lit) have lead in/on the wire/coating (not sure which). I'm not to sure about the safety of that. They just say to wash your hands after handling it. This one has pine cones and snow on it along with 1000-1750 lights (I forget how many). I found another one that looks nice that's also pre lit. Talitha's favorite was not pre lit. If we get Talitha's favorite we could probably swing getting it.....it's just a plain tree though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

okay. Harumph to both of you. :o:lol: Andrea because it's not a REAL tree, for your yard, to be planted....I confess I am not that excited about artificial trees although can see the benefit and practicality of it, year to year. Many people I know have one, I always get the potted live trees, that is, until I moved to Stepford and they are not allowed to be planted as would get too big in these Lilliputian yards. Bah. :angry:

and to Rinne...for not doing as I would and telling the party details....... :lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

I love live trees. We always would go cut them down. I don't like how dry they get and have always been afraid of fires. My daughter is too. No, never been in one. Parents had live chopped down trees all through my growing up years. Mom just got an artificial one a few years back. Didn't want pitch and stuff all over her nice new carpet.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OOOOPPPPS no no no no I didn't even KNOW we were talking about Christmas trees :o .....so PLEASE dont' think I'm upset that you're getting an artificial tree!! I am environmentally highly in favor of those. They make perfect sense and you don't have to justify it to me at all! I helped my mom pick out hers.

I was only thinking that we could talk about TREES to go in your yard.....I love helping people plan their trees and yards. oh dear oh dear oh dear please don't be offended!! I was being a goof, what else is new! :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

You silly! We would love to dig up a thorn tree (they are all over our yard). Haven't the slightest why the landlord put these things in except they grow pretty fast. I HATE them. We asked if we could dig up one and put in something else. Don't really want to spend the money and the thorn tree next to it would probably overshadow and kill it. This place isn't worth sinking our money into. Does have air conditioning which is a huge plus for me, could do without the yard as it stands though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

now I must look up thorn tree....not familiar......sounds heinous

AndreaB Contributor

I don't know it's official name. It has awful thorns. Two with every leave I think. If you trim them, they grow back. I hate it for the kids. We've popped on ball. Once Seth is outside next year I will be hacking off the bottom branches and anything hanging down. They are heinous trees.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hey there are 2 other nite owls out there.

how are you guys.

Andrea, posted you in d/s

Susan was going to do a email to you about your new job.

hey, don't knock it..it will achieve what you wanted

something to do with your time and talent in art and GET PAID TO BOOT

who knows you might meet a nice artist who needs more paint :lol:

Judy

AndreaB Contributor

I got it Judy....Thanks. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

artist are crazy....I would never date one :lol::lol::lol:

and with that....I am off to bed. Night, girls! ;)

Archived