This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

happygirl Collaborator

x

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
I am pooped today - not enough sleep and cotton balls in my head, I think. Will write no more as have virtually nothing intelligent to say. Harumph. ;)

Susan,

Me to. Seth decided to have a rough night so I was up reading until 1, when he finally settled into a deep enough sleep for me to put up the book and reading light. He likes me to read when he goes to sleep, so I usually have to if he totally wakes himself up in the middle of the night.

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

Well, the only thing I'm having a problem avoiding on my intolerance list is garlic powder. It is right on the line between no reaction and low, so I'm hoping it won't matter.

Had more chocolate today......once that is gone I'm going to have to reconsider having it. Don't need all the sugar, but it sure tastes good.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Andrea, I woke up about the time you went to bed, lol. Had a "bad" dream that someone was taking my computer (at work) with the managing partner standing right there and I said something like why are you taking my computer, and they said "oh, do you need it?", LOL. Woke me up out of a dead sleep!!!! Holy cow, if they took my computer I couldn't talk to you all, lol. :lol: Anyway, couldn't get back to sleep. :lol::blink:

Girls, I am not doing well right now. I am soo lightheaded and feeling a bit weak, but I don't think it has anything to do with the dentist appointment, which went fairly well. I WAS kind of nervous and anxious but now I'm thinking that had more to do with an energy bar I ate about an hour before I left work and I THINK is what is making me feel weird--I think it must have had some B or multivitamins in it or something--those always seem to bother me and always leave the telltale yellow pee that I had this afternoon, lol. (No Donna, TMI, TMI.)

Anyway, the doctor and the girls in the office are REALLY nice and joked around with me so I felt more comfortable, lol. I go back on November 8 for the permanent crown and to start the process on the upper right side. Then I'm going to wait until after the first of the year to get the others done.

They used good safety protocol...they used a dam, good suction, kept it cool, and had a HUGE vacuum right at my nose/mouth, lol. That thing was big...and it was vented somewhere else...don't know where, but the air didn't stay in the room, lol. :o Plus I had a nice view...there is a window (skylight really I guess, but looks like a window with blinds on it and everything) right over the chair so I got to look at the pretty blue sky the whole time.

Sure enough under the crown was a TON of amalgam, so it's a good bet that the other 5 crowns have tons of amalgam under them too since the same dentist did all of them.

I asked his assistant what they use instead of amalgam and she said it's a composite that he put together after trying several different mixtures and that this was the one that had the best results as far as compatibility. She says they've not had any problems with compatibility yet.

Well, this was just a low speed driveby...going to brush my teeth, wash my face and lay on the couch until bedtime, lol.

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

Your appointment sounds fantastic. Could you pm me what he charges for the removal and placing crowns. I called my dentist and the gal there told me he usually shaves the tooth enough.

Get some rest and relaxation time. Hope you feel better in a bit. :)

happygirl Collaborator

Donna, I am so happy you are starting to make some progress, esp in liking this office and feeling comfortable with them..that makes such a big difference! But I'm sorry you aren't feeling too well tonight. Hope you get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling more refreshed.

xoxo

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Well, this was just a low speed driveby...

That was a driveby Donna? :lol::lol::lol:

I am so glad you had such a good experience with your first amalgam removal, if "good" and "amalgam removal" can be used in the same sentence :unsure::lol: ....It sounds like your dentist, and the technicians/assistants, were really good to you, taking all the precautions with the removal process, and the set up of the office sounds nice.

I wouldn't be surprised if the anesthesia was the cause of you not feeling well, I never felt well when I got shot up in the dentist chair :blink:

One quadrant down, how many to go??

Well, the only thing I'm having a problem avoiding on my intolerance list is garlic powder. It is right on the line between no reaction and low, so I'm hoping it won't matter.

Had more chocolate today......once that is gone I'm going to have to reconsider having it. Don't need all the sugar, but it sure tastes good.

Hi Andrea! Sorry about the chocolate, I know you love it. If it is any consolation I am eating like poop lately. I think my reaction threw me for a loop and shook me up and I just reach for all the things I shouldn't have. <_<

AndreaB Contributor
Hi Andrea! Sorry about the chocolate, I know you love it. If it is any consolation I am eating like poop lately. I think my reaction threw me for a loop and shook me up and I just reach for all the things I shouldn't have. <_<

Ya, I saw your other thread. :ph34r:

Sometimes we just gotta do what we want to do......unless it's something dangerous. I was going to add or bad for our health/well being, but then that would negate what I just said. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol: Laughing about Donna's dream....OMG...I would probably jolt right out of bed if someone were taking the computer away!! I might even scream a little....wake up the whole house. :o

Thats awesome that the removal went well....sorry you're not feeling good though. :(

Yup....the dentist is good...I probably sat in that same chair 2 years ago....and look at me now!! :lol::lol:

Just kidding...I'm actually MUCH better now than I was back then. :)

Wow....a bunch of amalgam under your crowns!! :o

It really could be mercury toxicity for you...werent the crowns gold?? Oooooh...thats alot of mixed metals. <_<

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the answer and that you get better. :)

This was just a drive-by...I gotta go to WF to get some ice cream now. :)

Believe it or not....I'm getting kind of sick of ice cream....not really "craving" it but still eating it by the pints. Dont get me wrong....its still yummy....just not craving it....guess I've had my fill. Plus its not summer anymore and I get cold. :(

I'll be back later to let you guys know about my appt. Still kind of feels a little like "hocus pocus" to me....but I'm putting all my faith into it and I BELIEVE it will work. :D

Ya, I saw your other thread. :ph34r:

Hmmm...what is this about??? :huh:

Will have to leave R-ville and find out what Julies been up to. B)

happygirl Collaborator

x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

We are believing with you. All my believing powers are turned ON!

YAY!! :D

Thanks Laura!! ;)

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

x

Green12 Enthusiast
Hmmm...what is this about??? :huh:

Will have to leave R-ville and find out what Julies been up to. B)

It involves cheese :lol:

Looking forward to hearing about your appt :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It involves cheese :lol:

Uh-oh :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
by the way, i know i was a late addition to the rachelville community, but is there any way fo me to get a "title" so I can be official ;)

Laura....a title.....stroking chin like mad scientist......pondering....my first thought was, no, she is too TIRED and TOO sick for a title/job right now....might add extra stress.....will have to think. Julie is quite good at assigning people jobs. :)

Rachel! So many emoticons in your post! yay! BTW what is your favorite ice cream, the one you always eat from WF?

Donna - hope you feel better and THANK GOD it was only a dream! :o

Andrea - is real garlic a problem for you? am wondering if that would be worse or better than powder.

Ugh. stomach is rumbling and there may be some GBB (gas bomb bloat)...... :huh: Sometimes it really is good that I only live with dogs. :lol::lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on the grumpy frumpies. I started a new med this week that is helping with the sleep but my joints are in PAIN. Have been for the last three months or so. i do have an appt with my muscle/skeletal guy and I am going to talk to him about Lyme/Igenex testing. It would explain a lot. I was looking at secondary and tertiary sytmptoms for Lyme's and it made so much sense.

Donna- Get that stuff outta your mouth! Ii am so happy for you that you are getting those fillings out. I know it's not fun, but in the long run :D

Laura- That info on EOS was excellent. Thank you!

Rachel- Yeah- bubbly! :D

SusieQ- We love you! :wub:

Everyone else- hugs, B

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Happy Birthday, Rinne!!!

rinne Apprentice

Laura, I think "Rachelville Resident Happy Girl" would work. :)

Donna, so glad the appointment went well, I really hope this will result in better health for you.

And did someone say Cheese? :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...got back from my first treatment. The lady didnt tell me my overall toxicity score this time. :(

I asked her how long does it take the score to come down. She said it averages about 3 weeks or so for the score to come down 5 points. That means in 3 weeks...I could be a 6!! :D

Today she was working on some of the things that arent functioning properly. One of the main things is the methionine pathway...apparantly it is essential for binding with toxins in the liver. If your immune system develops a sensitivity to methionine (which mine did.....along with everything else) then the liver cant use it to bind w/ toxins.

The methionine pathway is very complex and involves the use of B vitamins, hormones, minerals, mineral salts and fatty acids. However, four our purposes here, we are referring to your body's sensitivity to methionine and its metabolites or componenets in these complex biochemical pathways used principally in the liver. The more methionine metabolites one is sensitive to the less efficient the liver is at detoxification. The longer one has suffered from allergies, the more likely this pathway has become dysfunctional

So tonight I guess she was starting to de-sensitize the components that I react to so that the pathway will start to become functional again. :unsure: Thats my interpretation anyway.

By de-sensitizing those componenets that use methionine and L-methionine we will improve your body's methylation ability and reduce side effects from detoxification. Your body has to detoxify everyday. Methylation is essential to break down hormones, estrogens, vitamins, undigested food, microbial fragments, drugs, chemicals and other toxins that all need to be eliminated by the body through the liver. The less effecient the liver is at this process the more likely you will succumb to a chronic immune disorder, chronic illness from infection due to a weakend toxic immune system, or cancer as a result of free-radical damage to cells from these toxins.

I also have problems with the Sulfur Pathway but she hasnt started treatment on that one yet. There is another main detox pathway (Glutathione pathway) but I dont seem to have a problem with that one. :)

The treatment was I guess like accupressure or something. It had something to do with electromagnetic fields and then also she did some stuff on my back while I did breathing excersices. Then I had to lay in the room....resting...listening to mellow music for about 15 minutes. It reminded me of when I went to acupuncture....they leave you in the room...all relaxed (even though you have needles sticking out everywhere <_< ) listening to soft music until the alarm goes off. Thats what it was like but I still dont know how its suppossed to work. I didnt ask her this time. :ph34r:

Is there an explanation for how acupuncture works.....or does it just work for "unknown" reasons?? :unsure:

Well...suppossedely the de-sensitization is lasting....usually permanent...meaning the sensitivities wont return.

This is what it says about excreting heavy metals...which is one of the main reasons for getting these pathways working again.

In all cases, in order to excrete heavy metals one needs to be able to:

1) digest and use vitamins, especially B vitamins

2) digest and use minerals and mineral salts, especially sulfur

3) digest and metabolize fatty acids

4) metabolize glutathione

5) not be immunologically sensitive to heavy metals

6) not be immunologically sensitive to DMPS, DMSA or lyposomal glutathione

If you have problems in any of the above, we will de-sensitize the body and treat the metabolic pathway to improve your body's ability to digest and use these metabolites. Once this occurs, we will then send you back to your chelation Dr. with reccommendation on dosage. We will tell you when you're ready to do this and advise your chelation Dr. accordingly.

So...I guess I'm getting a clearer picture of what the point of all this is...I just hope it works. I have problems with nearly everything so I'm not sure how long it will take till I'm ready for chelation. :unsure:

That will be question #1 for next week. I can also go twice a week if I wanna speed things up but for now I'm just gonna go once a week.

Laura, I think "Rachelville Resident Happy Girl" would work. :)

:lol:

Rinne...thats a good one and it really fits her too! :D

She is the Rachelville Happy Girl :lol::lol:

and yeah...I still need to find out about CHEESE. :huh:

Rachel! So many emoticons in your post! yay! BTW what is your favorite ice cream, the one you always eat from WF?

YAY for happy emoticons!! I'm glad I got my emotions back...the good ones that is! :P

Noone wants to know what kind of dark hole I sank into the last few days. :ph34r:

It was NOT pretty for anyone involved....but I'm better now. I think it was all that dang floor wax last week....poisoning me and clogging up my liver detox pathways. What else is new... :rolleyes:

Fav. ice cream??? Well dunno if its my favorite...but its the only flavors I think I can eat and the only brand and so I just eat them and love them and dont think of all the gazillion other flavors out there that I cant have. :)

I eat Stonyfeild Organic Javalanche and After Dark Chocolate....did I mention I eat them by the pint?? :lol:

So many appt.'s lately......I'm so excited to hear all the scientificness! :D

Bev....when is yours coming? I hope you can find out if you can get the Igenix test.

Green12 Enthusiast

Noooo, the cheese was bad, very bad, a lapse in judgement on my part. But pretty much all week it has been one bad food choice after another for me :ph34r:

Acupuncture is all about balancing Qi, or energy, flowing through the body. According to chinese medicine, illness sets in when Qi is blocked, or deficient, or excessive. There are all these meridians, or pathways, that the energy flows through, and different points coincide with all the different organs and systems, and etc. That's the basic explanation anyway.

I know you don't feel totally convinced that this bioset is for you, or for real, or worth it. Maybe if you just think of it as a supplement to all the other things you are doing, or another tool in addition to, it might set better until you decide if you want to proceed with it.

That sounds good for Laura, our very own "Happy Girl" in Rachelville :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I know you don't feel totally convinced that this bioset is for you, or for real, or worth it. Maybe if you just think of it as a supplement to all the other things you are doing, or another tool in addition to, it might set better until you decide if you want to proceed with it.

I'm actually not feeling bad about it....I just dont know how it works. :huh: I already told Dave I'm gonna go through with it. I'm doing this 100%....I've committed myself. :D

It would be nice to understand the scientificness behind it though....at least it would satisfy my ever-inquisitive brain.

Is inquisitive really a word? :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

Yep. :D

Green12 Enthusiast
It would be nice to understand the scientificness behind it though....at least it would satisfy my ever-inquisitive brain.

:lol: Rachel

Did you read up on it at one of the BioSet links?

This one gave a little scientificness behind the modality:

Open Original Shared Link

Archived