This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Yeah....I think ALL of us wish it were *just* gluten. OMG...that would be heaven. :)

I bet if anyone (recently diagnosed Celiac) is really really sad about losing gluten spent some time here in Rachelville....they'd leave pretty happy with their new diet. :lol:

It could be like therapy...."How to be gluten-free and grateful". :lol:

:lol:

Yeah.....its harder now! Whats up with that??? Is it because I'm close but yet still miles away?? :unsure:

I wanna be at the doctors everyday....asking questions and DOING something!!

Yes...I know....I'm very very impatient. :ph34r:

It shall pass...I know you've all seen it before...I just get like this sometimes. :rolleyes:

Yes, I think it's harder because you actually have something to work towards now. I think I'd want to be at the doc's frequently too.

I'm doing a little better today....had alot of anxiety in my sleep though. I wanted to call in sick this morning but made myself go in....dont wanna break my record. So far only 2 sick days in 13 months. :D

Someone left me a really nice card on my car this morning. It was a funny joke about Dr. appt.'s....made me laugh. :lol:

Also lots of kind words....a good way to start the day. :)

That's really nice. :)

Its true....my mom also had a mouthful of metal....I asked her about this recently. It accumulates....I would have already had some before I was even born...then from my own fillings, and then the massive amounts from the removal and placement of the gold crowns.

When I asked my mom she said she remembers constantly being at the dentist as a teenager...getting alot of work done and ALOT of fillings. :(

Oh....vaccines too. Did we get those when we were babies??

We didn't get nearly as many as they do now. And, yes, they had thimerosal. My mom also had lots of fillings.....

Whats ergonomicness??? :huh:

Also, Julie....what is GBB?? :unsure:

Ummm...yes...I am very lost today on the wordage. :ph34r:

Confused by what it all means. :unsure:

Something with the keyboard/workstation set up. Monitor at right height. Keyboard's have wrist rests, etc.

GBB= gas bloat bomb or maybe it's gas bomb bloat. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
EDIT:

OOOPS....that was Julies post....not Donna's. :ph34r:

Sheeesh....I'm gonna have to refresh cuz I'm still seeing chunky and chocolate here. <_<

:lol: Rachel

I'm glad you are having a little better of a day. Onward and upward, that should be a new motto :lol:

GBB= Gas Bomb Bloat (as coined by her expertness on wordage Susie Q :lol: )

Yeah, I used to be swimming, completely submerged, in all the scientificness of mercury toxicity, sadly a lot of it has exited my brain :lol: Maybe it's the chunky chocolatey-ness that is to blame....

I found a lot of clues to my personal situation, the in utero mercury toxicity, vaccinations (standard ones given as baby and toddler and then a forced measles at age 18), my own dental work and amalgam fillings, and another interesting clue.......chlorine is known to kill all the good bacteria in the intestinal tract- I was a competetive swimmer and lived in chlorinated pools for a good 14 years :o . So my defenses were down, undiagnosed celiac thrown in on top of it....a recipe for disaster.

So I know whats wrong, just don't know how to fix it <_< .

Patti, I am so happy you continue to feel so well. Another day has come and gone, it can't just be coincidence? I am with Rachel, this must be a sign that you are at a better stage of healing, and what a good sign it is :D You probably don't know what to do with yourself :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So I know whats wrong, just don't know how to fix it <_< .

Julie....a GOOD doctor....thats what you need. You can just go in there and say "LOOK....this is whats wrong...now what do we do to FIX it??"

I do believe it can be fixed if all the pieces are put together. If you are missing a big piece you may not get better, Like me with the Lyme....what if the Dr. never thought of it and just tested for mercury and candida. Would I ever be able to get better?? Probably not. :( I would imagine my immune system would still be very weak from the Lyme and then I'd start experiencing problems as a result of that and on and on and on. <_<

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, I am so happy you continue to feel so well. Another day has come and gone, it can't just be coincidnece. I am with Rachel, this must be a sign that you are at a better stage of healing, and what a good sign it is :D You probably don't know what to do with yourself :lol:

Thanks Julie :)

I've had a lot of false starts before, so I'm just going to take this as it comes ;)

But, it is a bit of a 'kick in the head' :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Wow Julie. That's a lot of mercury over the years. :o

I didn't know you swam competitively.

Green12 Enthusiast
Wow Julie. That's a lot of mercury over the years. :o

I didn't know you swam competitively.

Yep, I sure did Andrea.

OMG you guys, I just found this:

"Though most of the chlorine industry has switched to mercury free technology a few remaining chlor-alkali plants use a century old method of producing chlorine by pumping salt water through mercury cells."

:o:o:o:o

Julie....a GOOD doctor....thats what you need. You can just go in there and say "LOOK....this is whats wrong...now what do we do to FIX it??"

I have tried that on more than one occaision, they tend to want to go off on thier own tangents and do whatever the "new thing" is in wellness, or their ego is an issue <_< .

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will keep searching...

Mtndog Collaborator

I think the negative states associated with stress and anxiety reinforce illness. I also think we can become addicted to those states because the intensity of those states gives us a feeling of energy.

I feel like I have retrieved a memory of the initial infection that was underneath the symptoms of anxiety and emotionality, that memory is of sheer panic. I think my body knew immediately that there was something wrong and my desire to run away, which I was really confused by, was my body's way of trying to communicate that to me.

Rinne- That was so well said. As I'm going over all my symptoms anf their "explanations" I think that I had always tended to be anxious and have a tender tummy, but when I had my severe meltdown it LITERALLY seemed to come out of nowhere.

I still get the urge to run away or "get out of my body" when I get glutened and it is one of sheer panic. No one could EVER explain the length and intensity of my initial anxiety attacks and depression. I went from slightly sad about a breakup with a boyfriend to utter panic- literally overnight. It was the strangest and scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

Andrea- Hugs to you and your dad. It is really hard to watch our parents' health decline. actually a BIG HUG.

Rachel- Glad you're feeling a little better today!

Carla- Hope you feel less fatigued soon.

Patti- Yeah you feel good :D I wanna come over and eat brownies and have tea. Wonder how long it would take me to drive down. :P

SusieQ- Be you and be well.

I'm seeing my physiatrist on Tuesday. I cannot wait. Oh- a physiatrist is someone who works like a PT but is also am MD and can prescribe medications. The thing I like about mine is that he really wants to treat the whole person. Unlike an orthopedic who will diagnose you, prescribe meds and PT or opt for surgery, physiatrists will try to help you find the root cause of problems and rehabilitate it.

For example, my physiatrist was the first one to say "Yeah, you have the symptoms of FMS, but I'm convinced that they are secondary to something else." So, I also cut out soy and legumes (thanks again Patti!) and that worked for a bit but now the joint pain and muscle stiffness are back so I'm going to have him test me for Lyme. they have a massage therapist, a PT and an acupuncturist in their office.

WARNING: Need to whine for a minute. Right now my head feels like it is going to pop off like a dandelion (think I'm congested). My neck is stiff and I have a crushing headache.

Had bad car week too- scraped a BMW pulling out of a parking spot=$800. Then yesterday, driving home from NH my car died on the side of a dark and scary country road. Timing belt=$500 and there's no guarantee that will fix it. It may need $2000 worth of work (car is worth $1500 and I just paid $500 for a new convertible top). It's a 95 VW cabrio which I LOVE so much, but the worst part about it is it was my mom's present to me before she died. I'm gonna be so bummed if it's gone!

OK whining over.

Now a question that requires some "scientificness". Because I was having so many problems with nausea and vomiting and it's my primary symptom when glutened, my doctor prescribed phenergan. Here's what it does:

Syrup, Tablets and Suppositories:

Promethazine is useful for:

* Perennial and seasonal allergic rhinitis.

* Vasomotor rhinitis.

* Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods.

* Mild, uncomplicated allergic skin manifestations of urticaria and angioedema.

* Amelioration of allergic reactions to blood or plasma.

* Dermographism.

* Anaphylactic reactions, as adjunctive therapy to epinephrine and other standard measures, after the acute manifestations have been controlled.

* Preoperative, postoperative, or obstetric sedation.

* Prevention and control of nausea and vomiting associated with certain types of anesthesia and surgery.

* Therapy adjunctive to meperidine or other analgesics for control of postoperative pain.

* Sedation in both children and adults, as well as relief of apprehension and production of light sleep from which the patient can be easily aroused.

* Active and prophylactic treatment of motion sickness.

* Antiemetic therapy in postoperative patients.

OK - so it has antihistamine properties in it. Besides relieving my nausea, it also relaxes my muscles (and makes me hungry and sleepy but in a good way).

So I'm wondering if the antihistamine property or the sedative property are what also provides the muscle relaxant effect. Anyone have any thoughts. I'm wondering if some kind of "allergy" is causing my muscle stiffness and joint pain (I'm thinking maybe another food intolerance that I haven't figured out yet).

Oh yeah- and it brightens my mood but that could be because it makes me feel better. Don't know?????????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

miamia Rookie
Andrea my friend, so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you finally got to talk to him after trying to reach him all week. That dialysis is so hard on the body, and I imagine his spirit as well. I just hope that he has good care and he is made as comfortable as possible through all of this. You and he will be in my thoughts :)

Rachel, I am sorry you are down, must be going around :( I completely relate to how you are feeling and all that you are reflecting on. I have been wishing the last couple of days that gluten was my only problem, I know that is bad to think/say, but I feel it would be smooth sailing if I only had to stay away from gluten <_< . I wish we all could figure out why we are so intolerant to so many things, why our bodies have been overcome by all the BEASTIES (candida, parasites, bacterias, molds, fungis, etc.) and why there is a total breakdown of bodily functions....Hang in there :)

Donna, your chiro/PT session sounds great. If you keep that up you will be whipped into shape in no time :lol: Are you feeling better since after the removal?

Carla, how are things with you today?

Great poem azmom :)

Hugs and wub to you all :wub:

julie-

i am with you- Its not about minimizing the hardships of celiac or cutting out gluten- its just when you add so many other problems it seems insurmountable at times.

miamia

TriticusToxicum Explorer
WARNING: Need to whine for a minute. Right now my head feels like it is going to pop off like a dandelion (think I'm congested). My neck is stiff and I have a crushing headache.

Had bad car week too- scraped a BMW pulling out of a parking spot=$800. Then yesterday, driving home from NH my car died on the side of a dark and scary country road. Timing belt=$500 and there's no guarantee that will fix it. It may need $2000 worth of work (car is worth $1500 and I just paid $500 for a new convertible top). It's a 95 VW cabrio which I LOVE so much, but the worst part about it is it was my mom's present to me before she died. I'm gonna be so bummed if it's gone!

OK whining over.

Totally off topic, but I'll hold your VW in my prayers (I'll pray for your cylinder heads and valves- VW makes great cars but stupid engine design allows the pistons to smash things up if the timing belt goes :o) :(

Just be thankful it wasn't anything life threatening :)

I hope it all works out for you :)

AndreaB Contributor
Yep, I sure did Andrea.

OMG you guys, I just found this:

"Though most of the chlorine industry has switched to mercury free technology a few remaining chlor-alkali plants use a century old method of producing chlorine by pumping salt water through mercury cells."

:o:o:o:o

Julie! :o:o:o:blink::o:o:o

OK whining over.

Hugs back to you to Bev. Hope you car holds up.

I don't know about your scientificness question.

Will be waiting to here what your doc says on Tuesday. :)

Hi Miamia.......hope you're doing ok today.

Green12 Enthusiast
So I'm wondering if the antihistamine property or the sedative property are what also provides the muscle relaxant effect. Anyone have any thoughts. I'm wondering if some kind of "allergy" is causing my muscle stiffness and joint pain (I'm thinking maybe another food intolerance that I haven't figured out yet).

Hi Beverly :)

My answer is probably unscientific :lol: , but just thinking it through my head, for example heart burn or gerd medications are H2 blockers (histamine blockers). Heartburn causes the esophageal tissue to spasm or tighten, right? So taking the H2, or histamine blocker, or antihistamine, would relax the spasming/tightening?? Right? :unsure: So that is why I am inclined to think that yes, maybe antihistamines have a relaxant effect, but I would need more scientificness....

Maybe somebody else knows more specifically :unsure:

Good luck with your physiatrist appt. Tuesday and keep us posted. I've never heard of a physiatrist, sounds very interesting :)

Mia Mia, It is all so challenging and very overwhelming, and as you said, seems insurmountable at times. I know for me, in the darkest days I think to myself, "how am I going to keep doing this?" It's a struggle, and I know you and so many in this thread, and on this board, understand. Keep your chin up :)

How are you doing? How have all the tests and appts gone? Are you still doing food challenges?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi everybody! I'm back, just coming in here where it's safe :D I just had a 2 hour phone conversation with my mother. I'm suddenly feeling anxious--I swear she still does not 'get it' and I don't think she ever will. I get the feeling that she is always trying to "match" what I go through by picking up on things that happened years ago and retelling them to make it sound like they were a terrible long standing problem that she had to deal with.

Not to sound petty, but just once, I'd like to feel taken care of (by her). There are things that she just won't hear--just glosses over. I used to go along with it, but now it really gets to me. It really helps to write all this out--I know you guys care, so don't feel you need to answer--I just had to vent. :)

AndreaB Contributor
I'm suddenly feeling anxious--I swear she still does not 'get it' and I don't think she ever will.

Not to sound petty, but just once, I'd like to feel taken care of (by her). There are things that she just won't hear--just glosses over. I used to go along with it, but now it really gets to me. It really helps to write all this out--I know you guys care, so don't feel you need to answer--I just had to vent. :)

I don't feel I need to answer......I want to.

I know how you feel. My parents are divorced but neither of them really understands either. Now with all our additional intolerances (which we don't know if they are long term), I'm sure it will be more challenging, for my mother anyway.

My mother is very opinionated and controlling. Did you wonder where I got it from....and my daughter. She always has articles she's bringing over about this, this and that. Anything I'm doing that "the experts" either disagree on or something she thinks I need to be doing.

It's hard when our parents aren't there for us. My mother never really has been, aside from being available to watch the kids for appointements. She hasn't been there emotionally since I was a young child.

We aren't your parents, and thus can't give you the exact same feeling that a nurturing mother could. But we'll do the best we can. Love you Patti. You're a great person and a pleasure to know. :wub:

Hi Donna. :) I see you.

Just was talking to Mitch about yours and Rachel's dentist. Now he says I have 2 reasons to go down there to have my work done. Of course with Susan, that would be 3.

Could you see if he know of any dentists in the Washington/Northern Oregon area?

I'll come down there, if need be, whenever I have my work done. I don't want to push things with the other work that still needs to be done. I already got mercuried (new word, think glutened) with my other work.

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Andrea--what a sad state of affairs :( Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that she imagines some kind of strange competition. Sounds odd, but that's the only way I can describe it.

Anyway, you really did make me feel better. It's sad, but happy at the same time that my friends can relate to me better than my own mother. And I'm here anytime you need to vent ;)

dlp252 Apprentice
Have you tried Soduku? If not, try it Open Original Shared Link

No memory required :P

I have a Soduku book (and pencil) I take on long trips... It's addictive but mostly pointless :)

LOVE Soduku...I have it in a handheld electronic game version...very cool.

Whats ergonomicness??? :huh:

Shoot, it was busy at work today, so I'm sort of drive-bying...someone has probably already answered this, but just in case...

I made up the word...kind of like scientificness...ergonomic is what it's called when something is designed to work with your body in a "natural" less-chance-of-injury way. A chair can be ergonomic because it has a nice padding where the small of your back is...a keyboard is ergonomic if it is shaped so that your hands face in a natural way. okay...gotta leave for my HN appointments...3 today. :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, I completely relate ... I had to cut ties with my mom and step-father almost two years ago because she was such a drain on my health and well-being. I actually should have done it a long time before .... but that's a long story and this is the wrong place for it. If your mom is draining your peace and your energy that you need to heal, then you should probably stop talking to her about certain topics. If she's not going to "get it" and support you, at least you can keep from letting her drain your energy in these kind of conversations. It's unfortunate, but some of us have to go elsewhere for that kind of support. I'm sorry she's not there for you. I understand how you feel.

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks Carla--and you're right. I should learn to not discuss this at all with her. I guess I always hope that on the off chance, she might actually be genuinely interested. It's really lame, and I need to get over it.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks Carla--and you're right. I should learn to not discuss this at all with her. I guess I always hope that on the off chance, she might actually be genuinely interested. It's really lame, and I need to get over it.

It's not lame at all. I regret having no relationship with my mother, but it's beyond my control (out of 7 children between the two of them, 4 of us are estranged). The only parent/child relationship we have any control over is that with our children. Needing a mother is natural, but there's just nothing we can do to make our mothers act like one. It's a sad reflection of what our culture has turned into.

But we're all here for you!!

TheDave Newbie

OK, done catching up on the last 2 days (10-11 pages)...sheesh!

The Dave, I'm always glad to see you here, thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

;) Good to see you too!

besides where else are you gonna find a large group of women who will root for the Bulldogs to LOSE!! :lol:

OK....I'm off to find out how toxic I am today. :unsure:

Edit: large group of women and a couple men.

Everytime you say how toxic you are....Britney Spears pops in my head singing Toxic. Anyone else have this occur?

by the way, i know i was a late addition to the rachelville community, but is there any way fo me to get a "title" so I can be official ;)

That's how the rest of us got our title's also. We didn't all start 500 some odd pages ago....you have to think of a good/funny one!

Is inquisitive really a word? :unsure:

This, coming from the English stud. Weary/Wary?? B)

Andrea - Sorry to hear about your Dad, my prayers are with you/him.

Donna - 4 more!!!! Wow!

Guy - "So, what do you like to do in your spare time"

Donna - "Get amalgam's removed, you?" :lol: j/k

Hi everyone else!

Ouch! That sucks. Sorry to hear that :(

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks Dave.

Do you always have Saturday off? Consider this a reminder. I WANT PUPPY PICTURE UPDATE!!!! :P Please. :D

TheDave Newbie
Thanks Dave.

Do you always have Saturday off? Consider this a reminder. I WANT PUPPY PICTURE UPDATE!!!! :P Please. :D

I'll go do it now, but Buddy has a bad infection that he's taking medicine for. He doesn't look pretty right now so I'll just give you a picture of Pumpkin!

And I usually have Friday or Saturday off. This week I have today off and work Saturday.

-Dave

AndreaB Contributor
I'll go do it now, but Buddy has a bad infection that he's taking medicine for.

Poor guy. :(

Thanks.

Must make things interesting with switched days off.

TheDave Newbie

Split days off have their pros/cons. Laura I see you! Slacker, I see you too!

New avatar. Pumpkin is in front and Buddy is in back.

-Dave

AndreaB Contributor
New avatar. Pumpkin is in front and Buddy is in back.

-Dave

Thanks. :D

They look full grown already. Did you do obedience training with them?

TheDave Newbie
Thanks. :D

They look full grown already. Did you do obedience training with them?

No not yet....trained them at home somewhat, but need them to go before they are 6 months. They are almost there already! :ph34r:

Archived