This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
I'll be anxiously awaiting your results, Donna. Hope they can get you in earlier.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Good morning everyone!

I've been posting less, too, Andrea. I have so much brain fog right now ... could this be a good thing? Neurotoxins from bacteria dying off??? Let's hope so! ;) My samento came in the mail yesterday ... I know Christmas is this weekend, but I started taking it anyway.

Everyone congregates at our house on Christmas, which I normally LOVE, but this year the kids are in school till Friday, so I don't know how they're going to be able to get the house clean (I can't do it) and get cookies baked by Sunday! I'll have about 18 people here for Christmas day .... I'm not doing a formal, sit down dinner this year, but there will be lots of food. I've been wondering how I'll pull this off. It may end up being like Thanksgiving was a couple years ago where I sat in a chair and told everyone what to do!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
A number game...very addicting. I have it in electronic version which is quite fun...took it on vacation with me. There is a large square, broken up into 9 smaller blocks, which contain 9 smaller squares. The idea is that each row, each column, each medium block will only contain the number 1-9 one time. So you have to fit the numbers in, like a puzzle, so that each row, column and block only has 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 one time. Hard to explain in written form I guess, lol. Usually, they give you a few of the numbers in the correct places to give you a head start.

Sudoku? It is the devil's work, my friends......another one of those things they make you do in hell, along with Excel spreadsheets, don't forget........ :lol::lol::lol:

OMG, premature post, drive-by hello, I have only read the last page, :ph34r: am so behind, just saying hi to everybody from my land of Christmas Chaos and the inevitable suffering from procrastination in which I find myself almost every year! :huh::o But I made marshmallows last night, OMG, SOOOOOOOOO good and so tasty.....need to send them off in the mail so I won't eat them all! help me stay away from these fluffly white dream squares..............

I don't know when I"ll catch up..... :huh: Wub you guys!

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow Susan--you MADE marshmallows? That's incredible--they sound delicious.

I was in CVS earlier, and saw a Sudoko book in with the magazines. I thought about Andrea! :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
My samento came in the mail yesterday ... I know Christmas is this weekend, but I started taking it anyway.

I brought mine to Bioset last night. She looked at it and said "You better start out slow". She tested it and said "2 drops....thats it." :huh:

I told her it says to take one drop and then slowly increase. She said "yeah....you can increase after a couple days...increase to 2 drops a day." I asked how many days I should stay on only 2 drops??

She was like "Ummm.....indefinately....thats all you can handle...2 drops."

How the heck am I gonna kill anything with 2 tiny drops?? :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
[ But I made marshmallows last night, OMG, SOOOOOOOOO good and so tasty.....need to send them off in the mail so I won't eat them all! help me stay away from these fluffly white dream squares..............

Susan...OMG...I cant believe you MADE marshmallows!! :o

That is AWESOME....I've never even heard of anyone making marshmallows....I thought they were just something that *only* came in bags. :huh:

I LOVE marshmallows....they'd be GREAT with my hot ice cream. :D Maybe next year I'll be eating them again. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Sudoku? It is the devil's work, my friends......another one of those things they make you do in hell, along with Excel spreadsheets, don't forget........ :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the warning. ;)

Sudoku.....forget it.....I dont think my brain could handle it right now. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol::lol: "Hot ice cream" :lol::lol:

I'll bet it would go well with marshmallows, too! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am so interested to hear about how the bioset works for you in terms of food reactions - if it helps you I think I would be convinced to give it a go!!! So make sure you post I am waiting eagerly for your reaction!!!

Miamia

Miamia,

I should be getting there soon...I dont have any appts next week cuz they're closed for the holiday...after that I'm thinking we'll start on foods. Last night we did fungi/candida-related stuff.

I did badly with the whole panel. For the third treatment in a row I've needed 2 glasses to hold everything. She said its very rare that she gets someone who reacts to the whole panel. :(

She said "Wow...you're special". :huh:

OMG...I cant even count how many dr.'s said this to me since the very beginning of this mess. It started with my endocrinologist calling me an "odd bird". <_<

Donna....you can start worrying when Dr. Rick calls you "special" cuz this pretty much means he doesnt know what the heck is going on with you. :lol:

I'm thinking my foods panel is gonna take a few sessions....I have ALOT of foods to get cleared.

I do have an appt. tomorrow...maybe it will be foods?? :unsure:

miamia Rookie
Miamia,

I should be getting there soon...I dont have any appts next week cuz they're closed for the holiday...after that I'm thinking we'll start on foods. Last night we did fungi/candida-related stuff.

I did badly with the whole panel. For the third treatment in a row I've needed 2 glasses to hold everything. She said its very rare that she gets someone who reacts to the whole panel. :(

She said "Wow...you're special". :huh:

OMG...I cant even count how many dr.'s said this to me since the very beginning of this mess. It started with my endocrinologist calling me an "odd bird". <_<

Donna....you can start worrying when Dr. Rick calls you "special" cuz this pretty much means he doesnt know what the heck is going on with you. :lol:

I'm thinking my foods panel is gonna take a few sessions....I have ALOT of foods to get cleared.

I do have an appt. tomorrow...maybe it will be foods?? :unsure:

Rachel-

you sound like me- I get the wow you're special thing alot- my doc told me with my last stool test it was the most yeast he had ever seen shown up - I was like nice whats my prize? When I first was tested for food allergies my doctor called me up and told me my allergy to gluten was the highest she had seen and to cut out all wheat immediatly- thus began my saga of food elimination.

Every doctor has said to me wow you're the skinniest (healthiest- as in not anorexic) person I have ever seen

I would like to be high on a list for something good for a change-

Miamia

dlp252 Apprentice
Everyone congregates at our house on Christmas, which I normally LOVE, but this year the kids are in school till Friday, so I don't know how they're going to be able to get the house clean (I can't do it) and get cookies baked by Sunday! I'll have about 18 people here for Christmas day .... I'm not doing a formal, sit down dinner this year, but there will be lots of food. I've been wondering how I'll pull this off. It may end up being like Thanksgiving was a couple years ago where I sat in a chair and told everyone what to do!

Oh my, this makes me just want to crawl up with my blankie on the couch, lol. We're having 3 (including me) and it's not at my house and I'm just about ready to crawl up on the couch at the thought of THAT, lol. :lol:

happygirl Collaborator

ok M, this is going to be sappy, but i dont care.

you are high on my list of remarkable people for all you have gone through....and that you still find time to be caring towards other people amazes me.

xoxo :wub:

dlp252 Apprentice
I don't know when I"ll catch up..... :huh: Wub you guys!

Wub you too. Holy goodness....you MADE marshmallows??!!!??? Soon we'll have to call you DingoChefGirl! Or Dingosusiechef, or chefsusiedingo... :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
I brought mine to Bioset last night. She looked at it and said "You better start out slow". She tested it and said "2 drops....thats it." :huh:

I told her it says to take one drop and then slowly increase. She said "yeah....you can increase after a couple days...increase to 2 drops a day." I asked how many days I should stay on only 2 drops??

She was like "Ummm.....indefinately....thats all you can handle...2 drops."

How the heck am I gonna kill anything with 2 tiny drops?? :blink:

Yep, better not Rachel the samento!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Not to worry, we're still in the "I'm sure we can fix you" phase, lol. I may be special in a few weeks though. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Laura, not sure if your post was directed at anyone in particular, but you're pretty special and caring as well!! You always have a kind word no matter how badly you are feeling! Everyone here does!

Okay, so I was able to get in earlier to see the HN doctors. I have H.Pylori and Klebsiella Species Isolated (not sure how much of that is the diagnoisis and/or the name). I looked up klebsiella (and separately with all three words) on the internet cuz I'd never heard of it before...doesn't look like something I want to have, lol. Anyway, I have to take something called "prevpac" which contains an antacid and an antibiotic. My pharmacy didn't stock it so I'll have to go back tomorrow after 3:00 to pick it up. I really wanted to start it today, but didn't have the energy to go to different pharmacies looking for it. I'll take that for 14 days along with a bunch of pepto bismol. He explained why all these are necessary, but it's completely gone from my brain, so can't really say why, lol.

After the 14 days are up I'll take PrilosecOTC and a probiotic for 30 days.

Dr. Rick wants to see me in two weeks...can't remember why, lol. I guess cuz I'm sick now...don't know. I should start taking a tape recorder with me. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow Donna--are you ok with all this?

I agree about Laura--always a kind word and well thought out answers--no matter how bad she's feeling :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Wow Donna--are you ok with all this?

I'll be okay. Hopefully. I guess. :P

I actually decided to read the little paper they gave me with the treatment protocol on it...apparently bismuth (in the Pepto-Bismol) is toxic to H.Plylori. The PrevPac which is the most effective treatment is only 85% effective by itself, but with the bismuth it is 95% effective. I asked him if this protocol was also the treatment for the Klebsiella, and he said yes, but the paper I have doesn't say anything about that. I'll ask on Friday when I go in. Klebsiella is the little culprit which causes all kinds of nasty bacterial infections like pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.

jerseyangel Proficient
I'll be okay. Hopefully. I guess. :P

I actually decided to read the little paper they gave me with the treatment protocol on it...apparently bismuth (in the Pepto-Bismol) is toxic to H.Plylori. The PrevPac which is the most effective treatment is only 85% effective by itself, but with the bismuth it is 95% effective. I asked him if this protocol was also the treatment for the Klebsiella, and he said yes, but the paper I have doesn't say anything about that. I'll ask on Friday when I go in. Klebsiella is the little culprit which causes all kinds of nasty bacterial infections like pneumonia, bronchitis, etc.

Well, it's good they found out about it then--since you get these bronchial and throat problems. Maybe by getting rid of this germ, the illnesses will stop.

Interesting that these bacteria cause problems other than in the gut. I wouldn't have known that. I'm really hopeful for you--this is a good step in the right direction, it sounds like :)

dlp252 Apprentice

And does anyone else see kielbasa when looking at the word klebsiella, lol. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
And does anyone else see kielbasa when looking at the word klebsiella, lol. :lol:

I always do--but I didn't want to say anything :ph34r::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I'm taking a drop of samento in the morning and another drop at night. I think that's what it said on the bottle, but then, AFTER I already took two drops in one day, I saw a paper they printed up and put into the box it came in that said to start with one drop ... I'm sticking with the two. I feel like starting with the whole dose as I just don't see how I could feel worse than I do, but I'm not ... I'll follow the directions.

Donna, glad you're getting answers.

Susan, PLEASE post your marshmallow recipe!!!! I saw some homemade marshmallows in a catalog once and they looked amazing!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
my doc told me with my last stool test it was the most yeast he had ever seen shown up - I was like nice whats my prize?

That made me laugh. :lol:

Yeah.....like what do we get for get for all this "specialness"?? :unsure:

I'm with you....one of these days I wanna be "special" for something a whole lot better than this stuff! <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I dont...mainly cuz I dont know what Kielbasa is?? :unsure:

I dont know what Klebsiela is either?? :unsure: Is it a parasite.....ummmm I mean....is it a "bug"? :ph34r:

Did you ever get tested for H. Pylori before? I know HN tested me for it and also the GI did when I had my endoscopy....but I didnt have it.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I'm taking a drop of samento in the morning and another drop at night. I think that's what it said on the bottle, but then, AFTER I already took two drops in one day, I saw a paper they printed up and put into the box it came in that said to start with one drop ... I'm sticking with the two. I feel like starting with the whole dose as I just don't see how I could feel worse than I do, but I'm not ... I'll follow the directions.

I'm afraid of herxing. :ph34r:

Archived