This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey Peace...was just thinking about you as well. I don't think we've had any major changes while you were gone...I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time though. I just had my fourth BioSET treatment and so far so good. Some interesting things are coming up for me each time though, lol. :lol: Like "person, place or thing". Ha, I'm reacting to a person, place or thing. Doesn't that just about cover everything in the world? :lol:

Rachel, actually, person, place or thing was on the computer. Bug bite was a vial. That's odd. Hum, am I confused again. :lol: Yep, I'm pretty sure it's a vial.

Hi Flowergirl, welcome!

Patti - oh gosh, feel better soon! It can't be pleasant to be glutened so soon after surgery! Yikes!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
Donna....noooo she doesnt!! :lol:

I havent figured her out yet. When she drew my blood for my bloodtest was the only time I think she was super nice and she did the BEST blooddraw I think I've ever had....even though she was nervous.

Usually she isnt very friendly though. I say "hi" when I walk in and she doesnt even acknowledge me.....EVER.

Yep, she actually does smile as I'm paying, but not too talkative otherwise, and some of what I hear her say to people is very intertaining, lol.

Dr. Rick always talked to me about stressors but he wasnt understanding that in my case its not as simple as removing a couple foods, taking supplements and finding/treating a parasite or other infection. I can remove *everything* and I'm still going to be sick......its something already inside me thats making me sick. External stuff just makes it worse. It first came to me while I was on my candida diet...I felt so much better but still....there was weird stuff going on in my body.
Yep, I think this much be where the Lyme comes in... Although I feel the same way, but in my case I think it must be the heavy metals.

Anyways...B Vitamins usually contain yeast. People with candida cannot tolerate B vitamins because of the yeast. You would have to take B's that are free of yeast...which are sometimes hard to find. This could be one reason that you cant take B's. Do you think you could have had candida for 10 years?? I dont remember how long you've been sick??

I started getting sick about 10 years ago. It started with a few bouts of tonsilitis, then recurring bronchitis (like 3 bouts within a couple of months). It definitely could have been mercury back then, and then probably candida. I was on antibiotics for the bronchitis and tonsilitis. :(

My energy is usually high when I first get there....it only goes down as we proceed with the testing. At my last treament (bile acids) when she did the brain testing I was only 15 on one side and 17 on the other. Thats the LOWEST I've ever been.

Mine for the temple was around 22 and 23 this time.

Yeah....Great idea Donna!! REWARD yourself with a plushy robe!!

Candida diet is NOT easy...so yeah....we should reward ourselves often. :D

Rewards are good. :lol:

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

for the test you only need to be ont he antibiotics for a very short time. I had it done after 2 shots. Based on all my other tests though he felt I definitly have some sort of bacterial infection- he wants me to be on the antibiotics for 6 weeks- I just finished 4 - and after 6 see how I feel. There is a time where I would have said no way but at this point I am so sick of being sick I am willing to try anything. I know what you mean about the ice cream. I can't usually do any soy - especially straight soy milk that kills me but I ahve found 1 brand of soy ice cream I ahve once in a while and if I eat it slowly after a bad day it sometimes is very soothing. I would rather replace it with normal ice cream but I am very hesitant to try dairy . At least the soy iceream I eat has live cultures and lower sugar than most, but I know its still not a great thing to be eating. My other big candida no nos are my homemade bagels ( that yes have yeast) and bread- I know these are so bad to eat but they actuallly sit ok .

So glad you found your jacket!!!

Miamia

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I might need prayers.

I'm eating a bowl of McCanns oatmeal. :ph34r:

I swore I would never eat them again....last time I had bad cramps and diahrrea. I was also eating alot of other bad stuff back then....so I'm giving it another try....a second chance.

It might be bad for candida but it cant be worse than ice cream....I just dont want to be glutened. :ph34r:

I reacted to everything in the BioSET wheat/gluten panel...except oats...so I just gotta pray that McCanns isnt contaminated. :unsure:

I finished the bowl....hopefully I wont be "sitting" on the bowl tomorrow. :ph34r:

diamondheart Newbie
Everything started when I drank the Imagine Broth....I had a hard time concentrating at work too.

I dont know if the broth can still be affecting me...I'm now having loose stools. :(

I know that beef, corn and soy protein are all very high in natural glutamate....some of the glutamate gets "freed" during the cooking process. Obviously not enough to cause me alot of problems cuz I eat them regularly....even milk has natural glutamate and I was ok with my ice cream.

I think that because the broth had MSG in it.....my system is now overloaded....so I am getting reactions and migraines from eating my normal foods. For some reason my body isnt handling glutamates correctly. I dont know what "mechanism" in my body is broken...or if its a matter of impaired detoxification....but the glutamates can "build" up in my body pretty quickly.

I think MSG in processed foods pushes me over my threshold...my "glutamate bucket" gets full and starts spilling over. I think this is why it takes me a while to recover....because I keep adding to it with my normal foods.

Ok, now I'm confused about the Imagine beef flavored broth. I noticed I still had some in the frig, and I needed it for a crock pot recipe. The ingredients are: "organic beef broth (filtered water, organic beef), organic onions, organic celery, sea salt, organic beef flavor, organic beef extract, organic carrots, organic garlic, organic spice". I didn't see the "natural flavors", so, which of those are the bad things? I used it for a recipe last night. Today, I had some problems, like gas and loose stools. I don't know if it's the beef broth or maybe eating more coconut milk, since that can have a antibacterial effect. I was doing really well on Saturday, then I made the dish with the Imagine beef broth. I couldn't remember which broth was the "bad" one, so I went for it.

Rachel, I hate brain fog :angry: . Can't tell you how many times I've forgotten things. My husband is worse than me though! We are quite the pair!

For the BioSET buddies; I was talking with my friend's sister tonight and she just happens to see a BioSET practitioner in New York also. What are the odds of that? Anyways, her acupuncturist told her those little vials are just water with labels :blink: . I just assumed they were some kind of homeopathic. Is that true? I feel so ignorant, and that's not really like me :ph34r:. She thinks that the BioSET works for her. I'm still withholding judgement until I'm completely cured. I seem to be tolerating the kefir ok.

I'm going to throw out the rest of that Imagine beef flavored broth right now!

Claire

diamondheart Newbie
I might need prayers.

I'm eating a bowl of McCanns oatmeal. :ph34r:

Have you tried the gluten-free oats? I've eaten gluten-free oats for breakfast the last two mornings. I hope that didn't set me off. I thought they would be ok. I gotta have some carbs.

I so wanted some cookies tonight, or a big mug of hot chocolate, or some cheese and crackers, but I settled on sweet potato chips and pomagrante juice. Not exactly the kind of comfort food I was looking for <_< .

Claire

diamondheart Newbie
Corn intolerant people please read this Open Original Shared Link

Thanks to the over use of corn syrup in the US it has given rise to all sort of strange intolerances like fructose intolerance. I couldn't understand before how people can be intolerant to fruit, but this article explains it all.

It's a strange world.

(Good grief this thread is long!)

Welcome Flowergirl (love the name!)

Thanks for the heads up on corn syrup. Corn syrup and I don't get along, but your article didn't really say why it was bad. I think there is more to it than turning off your receptors to feeling full. I want to know the mechanism of what makes processed corn syrup so bad and what it does to your body. How exactly does it cause fructose intolerance? I haven't found the answers to these questions, unless it was discussed on this waaay long thread ages ago.

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I was doing really well on Saturday, then I made the dish with the Imagine beef broth. I couldn't remember which broth was the "bad" one, so I went for it.

Claire,

These are the ingredients to watch out for...

These always contain MSG

Glutamate

Glutamic acid

Gelatin

Monosodium glutamate

Calcium caseinate

Textured protein

Monopotassium glutamate

Sodium caseinate

Yeast nutrient

Yeast extract

Yeast food

Autolyzed yeast

Hydrolyzed protein

(any protein that is hydrolyzed)

Hydrolyzed corn gluten

Natrium glutamate (natrium is Latin/German for sodium)

These OFTEN contain MSG or create MSG during processing

Carrageenan

Maltodextrin

Malt extract

Natural pork flavoring

Citric acid

Malt flavoring

Bouillon and Broth

Natural chicken flavoring

Soy protein isolate

Natural beef flavoring

Ultra-pasteurized

Soy sauce

Stock Barley

malt

Soy sauce extract

Whey protein concentrate

Pectin

Soy protein

Whey protein

Protease

Soy protein concentrate

Whey protein isolate

Protease enzymes

Anything protein fortified

Flavors(s) & Flavoring(s)

Anything enzyme modified

Anything fermented

Natural flavor(s) & flavoring(s)

Enzymes anything

Seasonings

(the word "seasonings")

Spices

So...in the Imagine broth it could be any of these "vague" ingredients (in red)...or it could be ALL of them.

The product is Organic so it says "Organic beef flavoring" instead of "Natural beef flavoring"....which doesnt really make a difference. It would just mean the source was organic.

Anyways, her acupuncturist told her those little vials are just water with labels :blink: . I just assumed they were some kind of homeopathic. Is that true? I feel so ignorant, and that's not really like me :ph34r:. She thinks that the BioSET works for her. I'm still withholding judgement until I'm completely cured. I seem to be tolerating the kefir ok.

I dont think its true...if it were true we would not have responses to certain vials...we would respond the same to all vials. I think I will ask the practitioner how they aquire what is in the vials.

Also...my practitioer doesnt have vials for everything...some are loaded into the computer and are not available in the vials.

She has vials from allergens collected in my bedroom and living room (at my moms house)....they look just like any other vial but whats inside definately came from my moms house.

Some of the food panels...like the grains...actually had the stuff inside. The wheat flour was wheat flour, Tinkyada pasta was just that...and oats was oats....and so on. For other things like bacteria, or enzymes or molds....they probably have to have some way to keep them in those vials.

I dont know but I'm gonna find out. ;)

Anyone know how certain "unseeable" things (like bacteria) could be contained in a glass vial??

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Have you tried the gluten-free oats? I've eaten gluten-free oats for breakfast the last two mornings. I hope that didn't set me off. I thought they would be ok. I gotta have some carbs.

I havent tried them yet....I want to order some. Which ones did you get??

Shortly after I ate the oats I had a cramp in my left side...which is not something I normally experience with any foods I eat. Also I had a really full feeling in my chest and my heart was hurting a little when I breathed.

These are things I experienced alot before I ever changed my diet....but not normal for me now. :unsure:

Anyways...it didnt last long....maybe half an hour?? I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

McCanns arent guaranteed to be gluten free but I figured if Gluten-Free Girl can eat them...maybe Rachel can too. :D

Let me say this clearly: I am no medical expert. I cannot recommend McCann's to you with a completely clear conscience, because some people might have reactions. However, I know my own story. And my experience is that this gluten-free girl, who is so sensitive to gluten that she gets sick if her fiance kisses her with bread crumbs in his mouth or flour touches a cutting board where her salad is made? This gluten-free girl has had no reaction to McCann's.

So, you should make up your own mind. Whatever your decision, when you find oats that you feel comfortable eating, you should make some of this granola.

In fact, I'm going to go have a small bowl of it right now.

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I hope all goes well with the oats. I buy gluten-free oats but I don't remember what brand. They are carried at the gluten free store near us.

Mia,

Only 2 weeks to go! Hopefully you'll have test results to report to us soon.

Keep doing the best you can, that's all anyone here asks of you. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor
Holy Cow Rachel, your post scared me! :P I'm glad you found your jacket at home...did you have a different one on at BioSET? Anyway, I was scared because it sounds like the way you described what used to happen when you were very sick a couple of years ago! Can some of the brain fog also be from the die-off?

Patti, yep, the honeydew cleanser is included. I think there are only 3 skin care products which aren't included and one of them is the mist (which actually sounds like the product I might like the most, lol).

Well folks, no robe. :( The one I liked the best was only available in short lengths. They had another style with similar fabric (only not quite as thick and plush), but mostly only had larges left. So, I MAY check another store tomorrow, or I may wait until Saturday and check out Kohl's.

Dear Rachel--24 and Donna,

I have a Lyme disease/Babesia question for you. Do you ever get burning pains in your hips and joints? It is almost like electricity shooting through you at times. This can be very problematic. I also get muscle tremors on occaision. My doctor said at my physical a while back I have hyper reflexes. I am worried. I have heart palpitations as well. That may be related to my thyroid though. It has not been checked in a while. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Donna -- I am so glad the Candida diet is working already! That is wonderful! Maybe I should give it a whirl too! Rachel-- do not feel bad. We all have off days! I worry I have Alzheimer's or something. I know I am only 24, but when you get migraines like that and have health issues, it effects your thinking.

jerseyangel Proficient
I finished the bowl....hopefully I wont be "sitting" on the bowl tomorrow. :ph34r:

I'm sorry, but this is funny :ph34r:

Seriously, I hope you won't be sick today from the oats :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I have a Lyme disease/Babesia question for you. Do you ever get burning pains in your hips and joints? It is almost like electricity shooting through you at times. This can be very problematic. I also get muscle tremors on occaision. My doctor said at my physical a while back I have hyper reflexes. I am worried. I have heart palpitations as well. That may be related to my thyroid though. It has not been checked in a while. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. Donna -- I am so glad the Candida diet is working already! That is wonderful! Maybe I should give it a whirl too! Rachel-- do not feel bad. We all have off days! I worry I have Alzheimer's or something. I know I am only 24, but when you get migraines like that and have health issues, it effects your thinking.

NoGluGirl, all those can be from Lyme/Babesia. I get sore joints, but not like they're burning. I've read that muscle tremors are symptom, but one of the few I don't have. I do get heart palpitations, but if I stop and breath in and out slowly (count to four as you breath in, same as you breath out), I feel much better and they go away.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Shortly after I ate the oats I had a cramp in my left side...which is not something I normally experience with any foods I eat. Also I had a really full feeling in my chest and my heart was hurting a little when I breathed.

This sounds like heartburn. Too bad apple cider vinegar is a no-no for you as I find it helps quickly when I have this. Now I get it from the anti-biotics ... the doc has me on Prosilec.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I've had an interesting development ... my temps in the morning were always lowish, especially before I took thyroid. I stopped taking thryoid when I started doing the salt water treatment, and my temps were good. Now my doc has me off salt water and I'm taking no thyroid ... my temps the last three days were 98.7, 99.0, 98.9. These seem like a low-grade fever, but they are in line with what my low temps were this month (the first two weeks are lower, the last two weeks are higher by .4 of degree).

I don't know what to think of it, but it has to be good for me and bad for the bacteria!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow Carla, that's really interesting about the temps. I really hope it is bad for those bugs, lol.

NoGluGirl...I have joint pain, but not necessarily burning like electricity. The joints hurt if I move them, and sometimes have a throbbing achy-ness, especially in the shoulder joints, but not burning...at least not that I remember. My skin burns like it has a really bad sunburn sometimes (with no actual sunburn or redness or rash)...it's so uncomfortable that if clothing rubs against that part of my body it really hurts.

Oh Rachel...hoping the oats sit well. I really miss oats, and love them...but I actually tested positive for allergy to them (skin scratch) and also came up bad on all the BioSET testing so far. :( I am really bummed about that!

dlp252 Apprentice
Anyways...B Vitamins usually contain yeast. People with candida cannot tolerate B vitamins because of the yeast. You would have to take B's that are free of yeast...which are sometimes hard to find. This could be one reason that you cant take B's. Do you think you could have had candida for 10 years?? I dont remember how long you've been sick??

Oh...I dunno if candida can be a "thing" :lol: ....but yeah...B vitamins affect candida. Your body could probably also cross-react to the yeast in the vitamins.

B vitamins really really affect me and it could very well be the reason for reactions I've had to products that were enriched with vitamins. At the beginning of this thread I had thought it was "corn-related". I obviously now know that corn itself is not a problem. So I'm pretty sure the B vitamins were the problem....totally fueling the candida. :(

Heres a list of foods to avoid on candida diet...

Actually, I was thinking about this and it's been longer than 10 years since I started getting sick. 1996 was the year I really started getting sick...that was the year my father and grandmother (plus 4 other family members) died and my body just gave out from all the stress. But, I actually started the decline in health before that...with the ocassional bout of tonsilitis and then increasing bronchitis, etc. 1996 was the turning point when everything just seemed to accelerate, then in 2001 after my hysterectomy, well, I was nearly constantly sick after that.

Thanks for the list of candida no-nos. I have my original Yeast Connection book and I think I still have the one by Truss (or I may have given it away). I also found a website (anti-candida, but with a connection to mercury) last week that has some really good info which I've printed out and am in the process of reading (still ahve about an inch thick stack of reading to do, lol).

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I used to get shooting pains. I've had pain in my hips and joints but its improved alot. Muscle tremors are common with Lyme....but I dont really get them myself. I do get heart palps.

I woder if anyone ever got this strange symptom?? I used to get random and sudden sharp pains....like I was being bit by something. It would hurt enough to make me wince but there were never any bugs biting me....it just FELT like it. :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

So far so good with the oats. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
I woder if anyone ever got this strange symptom?? I used to get random and sudden sharp pains....like I was being bit by something. It would hurt enough to make me wince but there were never any bugs biting me....it just FELT like it. :huh:

Yes, I still get this from time to time!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yes, I still get this from time to time!

Donna, I get it every once in awhile but its kind of rare now.

I wonder what the heck it is?? :unsure:

Mango04 Enthusiast

Rachel - If you don't want to stress about oats you should look for the ones with the gluten-free guarantee. They sell them in my health food store now, so there's no need to even order them online. Maybe you'd be able to find them somewhere (sorry if that was mentioned already - I'm skimming threads today :ph34r: )

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, I get it every once in awhile but its kind of rare now.

I wonder what the heck it is?? :unsure:

Yep, it happened to me just a couple of weeks ago! On my leg. :(

Oh, and I also get the shooting pain in the joints from time to time...mostly in my shoulders though.

Double Oh, lol, yay on the oats!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yes! But not very often. Sometimes I feel like things are crawling in my skin, too.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yes! But not very often. Sometimes I feel like things are crawling in my skin, too.

Yup....the crawling thing is definately from candida for me. It happens when I eat super starchy foods.

Mango...I have not seen the oats?? :blink:

I've only been shopping at Whole Foods...hmmmm...I wonder where I might find them??

Maybe I will have to start a new thread....Where are the gluten-free oats??? I neeeeeed some. :P

Archived