This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, they said the max I could take would be 3 drops twice a day. Thats what I got up to. The only thing is it was supposed to take me several weeks to get there....not a week and a half. :ph34r:

Oh, I must be thinking of the Samento ... it seems that something was going to always be a very small amount. You must have just moved too quickly on it. It's frustrating starting out slowly.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Say HI to Morgan from me, next time you talk to her. :)

was a day that makes you want to run away. All the children were causing problems, etc.

:lol::lol::lol:

Morgan is on spring break at my Dad's in Florida. Pray that she has a safe trip driving home tomorrow!!! She'll get here late tomorrow, then Adam will take her back to school Sunday afternoon, so we'll get to see her briefly.

But next weekend is Mom's weekend at her sorority, so I get to spend the whole weekend with her! I was in the same sorority at the same school, so I'll stay in the guest room of the house while I'm there. Free lodging is always good. ;) I just have to bring my earplugs, 90 girls in one house can be noisy! :lol:

I've had days I just wanted to hop in my car and drive to Florida to visit my dad!!!! :lol::lol: Kids can drive you to that.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Funny that you compare your problems to hers since you don't have Lyme! :lol:

Ha-Ha!!

But I didnt compare....the BioSET lady did. :P

I was not too happy about the comparison :( .....and even less happy that as she said it she was bringing in the Lyme Disease Panel. I was thinking "Heck...are we still thinking I have Lyme??" :huh:

Apparantly she doesnt know about the closet. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

I did ask how this girl is gonna get better with just coming for one day?? She will need ALOT more treatments.....it cant just be a one-time thing. Denise didnt really know how the girl will get better either. They just only had her for one day....now she went back to Canada. Its sad.

I do hope she has some help over in her area as well.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Does anyone on understand why nightsweats? Why not day sweats? I know some of this could be menopausal but they went away last summer when I started the salt/C.

Night sweats are from babesia. I don't know why they are only in the night, but I get them, too. I'll wake up completely DRENCHED, like I've been in the sauna for 30 minutes.

You can buy Artemisia Annua off the internet. It's an herb for babs. You have to get rid of the babesia first because it's a protozoa and the borrelia can live inside it. My LLMD diagnosed me with babesia mainly because of the night sweats in the absence of any other signs of menopause (cycles are regular). I don't get the sweats during the day, but I do get hot when no one else is.

Do you have the book Healing Lyme? It's an herbal protocol. I have it ... I'll probably switch over to something like that once I get it under control. My LLMD also has herbal protocols, but he really thinks I need to get the bacterial load down before I can get on it. He's actually a holistic doc, which I like because that's how I think about health. Once I'm healthy, I think it will be a good idea to use supplements to stay that way!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I did ask how this girl is gonna get better with just coming for one day?? She will need ALOT more treatments.....it cant just be a one-time thing. Denise didnt really know how the girl will get better either. They just only had her for one day....now she went back to Canada. Its sad.

Didn't she get any meds when she was there? I figured she'd get a few months' worth of medication. :unsure: Obviously, the Bioset isn't going to make her better since it's not a regular thing for her. Didn't she see the LLMD, too?

We'll have to tell Denise about the closet. You are too prone to Racheling treatments to even begin to think about having something else to treat!!!! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yeah, we lost our major sense of humor and off topicness didn't we? :(

Yeah...some people are unhappy with alot of "nonsense" and then not happy without it.

Cant please everyone all of the time and some people cant be pleased period. :rolleyes:

Once the thread goes off topic people start talking about having to delete posts which are "chit-chat" and all kinds of drama starts.

I prefer to keep the thread mostly on track since it seems to alleviate the drama. I suppose I would rather have less goofiness then to not have the thread at all.

My sense of humor isnt lost....its still there....I get to joke around with people all day long. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Didn't she get any meds when she was there? I figured she'd get a few months' worth of medication. :unsure: Obviously, the Bioset isn't going to make her better since it's not a regular thing for her. Didn't she see the LLMD, too?

I dont know what she got...she did see Dr. Derksen and I'm sure she didnt leave empty handed....but still. The BioSET lady said she was sick like me and I know I wouldnt be OK with just one visit and some meds. She needs alot more than that.

We'll have to tell Denise about the closet. You are too prone to Racheling treatments to even begin to think about having something else to treat!!!! :lol:

I cant believe I am now Racheling my treatments. :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
But next weekend is Mom's weekend at her sorority, so I get to spend the whole weekend with her! I was in the same sorority at the same school, so I'll stay in the guest room of the house while I'm there. Free lodging is always good. ;) I just have to bring my earplugs, 90 girls in one house can be noisy! :lol:

How FUN is that!!!! That is so cool and I know it will do you some good to spend that time with her!! YAY! :)

Prayers for Morgans safe trip home. ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
How FUN is that!!!! That is so cool and I know it will do you some good to spend that time with her!! YAY! :)

Prayers for Morgans safe trip home. ;)

Thanks.

It will be fun. I stayed there a couple weeks ago for her initiation. I got to pin her, that was fun. She hasn't ordered her pin yet, so she wore mine for a while and was so happy about it. She'll stay in the guest room with me because she still lives in the dorm ... she moves into the house next year.

Last time I had a couple good days while I was there. I think the mind must be really powerful because it seems that the days I need some energy, I get some energy. I know it's not just "all in my head" because days like today I try to pretend like I have energy, but I can barely hold myself up after a while.

Two Sundays ago, the priest at our church asked if I had a permanent illness or a temporary one ... it was that obvious ... kind of like the girl you saw, Rachel ... and there are over 1000 people there on a given Sunday! Adam was practically carrying me out of Mass! I played my flute the whole Mass though! But last Sunday I quit halfway through.

I LIKE silliness once in a while!! I miss Susan's contribution to the thread ... I'd send the dingos out after her if she hadn't taken them with her!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I LIKE silliness once in a while!! I miss Susan's contribution to the thread ... I'd send the dingos out after her if she hadn't taken them with her!

Yeah....I loved Susans posts. :)

Personally, I loved it when the thread had the "pajama party" feel to it. I think we all know what that led to....up to 20 pages a day!! :blink:

Then I was getting pm's asking "What happened to the thread....too much silliness, etc." :(

Then we slow things down and get back to the health issues and then I get pm's asking "What happened to the thread....we're not silly anymore...its not the same??" :unsure:

I guess I'm just over it now. The thread is what it is....people come and go...it evolves...some people have been here since the "pajama party" days and I love that. :)

Some people want alot of goofiness with minimal scientificness and others want alot of scientificness and minimal goofiness. I prefer a mixture of both but I dont know if thats obtainable. A few pages of silliness and next thing you know the whole thread is moved to the Gab/Chat forum because someone complained. :rolleyes:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear CarlaB,

I do believe there is a Candida connection to alcoholism. Yeast craves alcohol and other fermented foods. Some people probably crave alcohol instead of sugar. That is my understanding. Did you ever hear of Charlie Swaart, the Drinkless Drunk? Candida caused carbs to tranfer to alcohol in his stomach.

I have a question regarding Babesia. I sweat a lot when I am awake, too. I could be holding the phone, and in just a few minutes, there will be sweat dripping down it! That cannot be normal! Even when I am cold, my hands sweat like that!

Dear Rachel,

You do not need to tone down your Rachelness! We love you just the way you are! Posts and all! The scientificness and heiniousity of these conditions is important. As far as the NDF goes, going slower definately helps. You do not want to overdo it. Your body needs time to heal.

Dear Mia,

I started taking a new Probiotic that also has Prebiotics like L. Salivarius (which saved my cousin's life from the Rota Virus some years ago) and I have been feeling better. Accu-Flora has both, and though I have only taken it for a few days, feel a difference. I have been feeling more like I did pre-Flagyl. Keep your fingers crossed! The Accu-Flora is made by Northwest Naturals Products in Washington.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Two Sundays ago, the priest at our church asked if I had a permanent illness or a temporary one ... it was that obvious ... kind of like the girl you saw, Rachel

I think I probably looked like this alot during the first two years I was sick. Especially for a period of about 6 months where I rarely left the house.

My mom said when I first started staying here I never talked.....unless it was to snap at her. When we were in the car I would just sit there. I didnt talk and I certainly didnt smile. . She said I used to just sit there and hold my head in my hands. I used to cry almost daily.

She tells me all this when she wants to remind me of how much I've improved. It does make me feel better. She was telling me all this on Wednesday when I stayed home from work with my "meltdown".

She was reminding me of how I'd cry every night and she'd tuck me in and rub my back and tell me everythings gonna be ok. How I used to be in bed most days when she got home from work at 3:30. How I would have no food and no energy to go to WF and buy groceries.....she would have to drive me because I wouldnt drive myself. I was too tired all the time.

She said I used to have a fit of some kind almost every time I ate....I would either cry or get angry and start yelling. We used to fight almost every night. :(

Carla, one of these days Adam is gonna remind you of how you were on your worst days and its gonna make you feel soooo good to be past it. Its sometimes easy to forget how far we've come....because we only see that we still have a ways to go.

About the Babesia and nightsweats. I dont know if I have Babesia or not....it didnt show up in ART and my Igenix test was negative. It shows up in BioSET but I think its more significant if it shows up in ART. Obviously the bloodtest would be most conclusive.

I used to have nightsweats like crazy. It was like a routine to wake up freezing because I was soaked from head to toe as well as lying on bedding that was soaking wet as well. It sucked to have to get up and change into dry clothes and deal with changing the sheets and stuff. I actually thought I should get one of those plastic things to protect my mattress but I never did.

When I got away from the processed foods the nightsweats totally stopped. This cant be Babesia if they stop just like that...right?? :unsure:

I never had them anymore unless I got a bad reaction from food or a med or supplement. It makes me think the nightsweats were from too many toxins because I was eating gluten, MSG, Aspartame, food dyes, etc.

I had night sweats the past few nights while I was going through whatever it is that happened. I was still sweating last night...also bad dreams every night this week. Bad dreams usually go with it...I had bad dreams almost every night the first two years I was sick!! How crazy is that! :blink:

The dreams stopped when I changed my diet too.

Also, a weird smell comes off of me when I have the nightsweats. Its not like normal body odor....it smells weird but somewhat sweet. :unsure:

Does it sound like my body is trying to eliminate toxins when this happens?? Every morning this week when I wake up my clothes, bedding, and actually the whole room smells weird. Its always the same smell.

AndreaB Contributor
Do you think it is possible to rachel restraint? :P:lol:

Rachel can rachel everything, so I say it's possible. :P

Morgan is on spring break at my Dad's in Florida. Pray that she has a safe trip driving home tomorrow!!! She'll get here late tomorrow, then Adam will take her back to school Sunday afternoon, so we'll get to see her briefly.

Hope she's enjoyed her sunshine. If I don't say so later, have a great time with her next weekend. :)

:lol:

Yeah....I loved Susans posts. :)

Personally, I loved it when the thread had the "pajama party" feel to it. I think we all know what that led to....up to 20 pages a day!! :blink:

A few pages of silliness and next thing you know the whole thread is moved to the Gab/Chat forum because someone complained. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's who I was talking about. I miss her posts too. She kept things on the lighter side when they got so serious.

I don't have time to keep up with 20 pages a day anymore and we certainly don't want to move now do we? <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Did you ever hear of Charlie Swaart, the Drinkless Drunk? Candida caused carbs to tranfer to alcohol in his stomach.

Yeah...I heard of him!! The story is in one of my Candida books. Everyone thought he was alcoholic......even his wife would search the house trying to find his "stash". He never drank......he would get drunk after he ate his pasta!! :o

He would stumble and slur his words and act just the same as if he were alchoholic. Finally a smart Dr. figured it out....I think he had to go out of the country to get help. It was a long time ago.....I think in the 50's??

I have a question regarding Babesia. I sweat a lot when I am awake, too. I could be holding the phone, and in just a few minutes, there will be sweat dripping down it! That cannot be normal! Even when I am cold, my hands sweat like that!

I had this problem with sweating during the day during the first year I was sick. I'm not sure if it was because of the galvanic reaction in my mouth or my thyroid hormones fluctuating after my radiation treatment but it would happen sometimes very spontaniously.

The first time I came off disability and tried to work I still had all the metals in my mouth. I remember my face literally dripping and I would constantly go into the freezer and try to cool off. One time my whole body suddenly became soaked....my pants, my shirt.....even my hair. It was at work and I was really uncomfortable....not to mention scared. I thought I was going through early menopause. :(

There were times when I was working in my yard and it seemed like my temples were just pouring out water.....it was WAY unnatural.....not like the normal sweat you wipe of your brow. It was more like a running faucet. :huh:

Dear Rachel,

You do not need to tone down your Rachelness! We love you just the way you are!

LOL!!

Thanks NGG!!! :)

I dont think I could change my "Rachelness" if I tried......but I'm glad I dont need to. :lol:

I have been feeling more like I did pre-Flagyl. Keep your fingers crossed!

YAY!! I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope the probiotic continues to help you!! :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think it has your name on it.

Rinne....YEAH.....that car is totally me. :D

Its not Lyme green but I could always get that done later if the monster comes out of the closet. :lol:

Do you think it is possible to rachel restraint? :P:lol:

Dunno. :huh:

That would be a good thing though...right?? :unsure:

Does anyone on understand why nightsweats? Why not day sweats? I know some of this could be menopausal but they went away last summer when I started the salt/C.

I think I read that during the night when we are resting is when our immune system is working really hard at fighting stuff. I'm not sure if this is correct though. :unsure:

I think its definately related to the immune system though...if its hormonal there wouldnt be all these other symptoms. With our symptoms its most likely the nightsweats we get are because of infections....either bacteria, viral or fungal.

I found this..... its referring to TB but I'm thinking the immune response could be similar with any infection??

It seems likely that the night sweats associated with active tuberculosis are a response in part to signalling molecules released by cells of the immune system as they react to the infectious organism. The bacteria themselves may also be releasing fever-causing signals. In response to these circulating chemical signals the hypothalamus resets body temperature to a higher level for a while. Later, body temperature is returned to normal, and the extra heat is lost by sweating.
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel can rachel everything, so I say it's possible. :P

tabasco32 Apprentice

HI everyone

I was wondering if powdered latex gloves have gluten in it? I am always careful about things like gluten milk and such until this terrible whatever it is disease goes away. Anyways I went to get new tires on my car today and when I left the shop I saw all this powdery stuff on my steering wheel and hand brake on everything. Am I being to paranoid should I clean this stuff off my car? I saw this guy wearing blue gloves then another one wear white latex gloves. It make me mad that I am so careful but then this happens. But I got some heart palpatations and dizziness today so I was wondering if it could be from that.

lisa

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

yeah I decided to wait on the Histadine. I see my doc again on tuesday and I am going to write out alist of all the supplements I am taking and go over it woth him. I want to give my body a bit longer to get used to the new probiotic before I add anything additional. My doc said a while ago he didn't think i would react well to cats claw but I might run it by him again.

Carla-

thanks for the advice I have never tried Apple cider vinegar though I do have a bottle because I was going to try it at some point.

Noglugirl-

thanks for the advice on the probiotic I am glad to hear you have found something that is helping you

I think this thread is still fun it is just more subtle I am always amused when Donna gives her Bioset updates as though she were recapping a soap opera. But yes Susans posts are missed. (she should do a drive by !!!)

One day we will all be feeling well and have a reunion somewhere warm and fill it with lots of silliness and yummy food that dosen't make us sick!!!

AndreaB Contributor
But yes Susans posts are missed. (she should do a drive by !!!)

One day we will all be feeling well and have a reunion somewhere warm and fill it with lots of silliness and yummy food that dosen't make us sick!!!

Agreed. :)

That would be fun. I'm still hoping to get to California to meet the west coast gals in a couple years......if any of us are still here.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Don't know why this one posted ... :wacko: I thought I lost this post, and redid it below!

CarlaB Enthusiast

NGG, I have heard that yeast can have that reaction, but I never heard that particular story.

Rachel, Adam already does that ... thanks for the encouragement. I don't have a clue why he thinks I'm doing better ... I think maybe he's just handling things better around the house so thinks I'm contributing more. :lol: I think I smile and laugh more than I used to ... most days I don't really hurt, but am just tired. Today I'm achey and hiding in my room because as soon as I get up he'll drag me to the gym. ;)

Another thing about the night sweats ... malaria is known for it's sweats. Babesia is similar to malaria, which is why anti-malarial herbs will work for babs. I think it is an immune system response, but not all illnesses cause it. My diminished when I went gluten-free, I just didn't have them as often. It must be because the gluten-free diet took some stress off my immune system. I don't know, though.

I don't know about the day sweats. I'll have hot flashes ... but I'm always wearing a cami/tank under whatever sweater I have on, so I just take off my sweater ... then I'm so underdressed for the weather that I'm not hot anymore! One day last month I even went outside with just a cami (and jeans LOL) on, I was so hot I didn't feel cold at all.

My friend with Lyme/babs was originally diagnosed with hormonal issues because of the similarities to premenopausal symptoms.

Lisa, I don't think the gloves are anything to worry about. I've never heard here that they were, and I think they would be mentioned frequently if they were a problem.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oops, I got found out! Now I'm off to the gym with Adam.

AndreaB Contributor
Oops, I got found out! Now I'm off to the gym with Adam.

Uh oh. I guess you figured he'd find you eventually.

Hope your workout goes smoothly and you'll be back to resting soon. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: and just for Mia....as the BioSET Turns... :lol:

Well, I told you all I DIDN'T have a BioSET appointment today, which was true, until this morning, lol. I got a loaner car for the day while they fix mine, and had planned to pick up a supplement at BioSET that I'm supposed to be taking to detox staph, but they've been out of it for a few weeks. I went early to avoid parking hassles, and actually arrived there around 9:45. Amy (the receptionist) was there, so I asked if by chance they had a cancellation and had any openings in the morning. Turns out they had one at 10:00!!! Yay. Though other than the fact that I actually HAD a treatment, nothing too exciting, lol. I was treated AGAIN for molds. My 2 glasses were just as full today as they were last week. I couldn't tell if the mold affected me outright or in combo this time though and she didn't say. I thought it looked like it was outright which I THINK means I'll have to be treated AGAIN for it. Not sure though.

The second exciting thing is that Scott the better health guy was there (as I thought he would be), but he was just hanging out in the lobby, so I went up and talked to him for a bit to ask about ART. He said he may be able to schedule me in sometime in April. He can't do it now obviously cuz he's helping Rachel's Dr. D while she's in town. I did mention that I had heard good things about it from my friend Rachel whom I've never met. :lol::lol:

Adam tells me I don't smile when I don't feel good. He's always telling me to smile. My family can tell whether I'm having a good moment or bad moment (days are never consistent throughout!! :lol: ) by my facial expression.

I get like this too. I also get very quiet. My eyes drop too...especially if I'm tired and not feeling well...it's actually a physical drop in my whole eye area.

I cant believe I am now Racheling my treatments. :ph34r:

I can. :lol:

I never had them anymore unless I got a bad reaction from food or a med or supplement. It makes me think the nightsweats were from too many toxins because I was eating gluten, MSG, Aspartame, food dyes, etc.

See, I sometimes get the night sweats too and I'm also not menopausal. Sometimes, even in dead of winter, I'll have to throw the covers completely of--it's almost like it's an emergency cool down thing. I also sometimes get that in the day, but not often and it's usually because I'm moving around...and it doesn't have to be much movement...I'm not talking house cleaning (which I don't do anyway, lol), but I'm talking just standing up will cause it sometimes.

I was wondering if powdered latex gloves have gluten in it? I am always careful about things like gluten milk and such until this terrible whatever it is disease goes away. Anyways I went to get new tires on my car today and when I left the shop I saw all this powdery stuff on my steering wheel and hand brake on everything. Am I being to paranoid should I clean this stuff off my car? I saw this guy wearing blue gloves then another one wear white latex gloves. It make me mad that I am so careful but then this happens. But I got some heart palpatations and dizziness today so I was wondering if it could be from that.

lisa

Gee, I don't know for sure, but I'll bet it's more like cornstarch or something like that.

I think this thread is still fun it is just more subtle I am always amused when Donna gives her Bioset updates as though she were recapping a soap opera. But yes Susans posts are missed. (she should do a drive by !!!)

:lol: Yes, see the latest installment above, lol. A reunion sounds wonderful!

I'm still hoping to get to California to meet the west coast gals in a couple years......if any of us are still here.

I'm sure we will be! :)

diamondheart Newbie
Do you think I'm scaring them with my looong scientific posts?? :huh:

I'm a scientificness fan. Looking forward to the ART Files!

Claire

Archived