This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Natasha Newbie

I hope corn isn't your problem as it is the hardest food additive to avoid in the States. Maybe you have a problem with MSG! It's in a lot of frozen foods (including gluten-free foods) and ready-to-eat foods like Tostitos. In the meantime, try sticking to fresh veggies and fruits and potatoes, and fresh meat and chicken instead of the frozen varieties.

Hugs and prayers.........

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Of course, the cake will have fruit to sweeten it, we don't need sugar to feed the candida, the fruit is bad enough!

Susan, good to have you back, we were just talking about you ... maybe that's why your ears were ringing. We NEED some of your silliness around here!!

Rachel, I was thinking this morning about something my LLMD told me. Borrelia can live inside the babesia, so the borrelia could not be showing up because it's hiding so well from you ... it's a stealth bacteria.

What you say makes sense. My Lyme was never a problem on it's own either, it was stress that has brought it out all four times. Not only did you have the dental issues, but also the breakup issues around that time. That kind of stress would be enough to trigger it for me (in fact, it has).

I still think it's possible that if you support your immune system and get rid of the candida and metals, that you might not have to address the Lyme at all. If I were in your situation, I would not have jumped right onto the antibiotics. I felt I needed them this time though as I've already tried that stuff. :( Then you'll just have to keep that immune system strong with good food, exercise, and antioxidants.

Donna, I'm thankful for my teenagers ... they can work all these stupid gadgets. I mean, how is it that a phone can be so complicated we can't turn it off??? :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Donna and Miamia,

The buffet wars. :lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ha, won't be a problem if I get there BEFORE you, lol. I love me some buffet! :lol::ph34r:

I used to go to the Golden Corral EVERY Tuesday night ... kids were free ... I have SIX of them!! :lol::lol: It was the cheapest night of the week for dinner!! And, everyone got what they wanted. That was in my pre-gluten-free days, of course.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hey Susan!

We are having a reminising party. Come help us remember all the fun from last summer. :):D

oh dear gaaaaaaaawd....is THAT such a good idea? :ph34r::lol:

Susie! :D

I love how just the mere mention of the glittery bats brought you back here! Do you have glittery bat antenna? :lol:

:lol: Patti....I don't know....I am never very far from Rachelville, sometimes peek in to catch up, but it's been a while.....and how timely, the mention of our friends the bats, today....... :lol:

I may perhaps just add tiny bits of humour, here and there, like a dusting of bat glitter.... ;) (but hopefully not bat guano :huh: )

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol:

I dont blame you one bit. I'm totally "outdoorsy" but resorts are sounding real good to me these days!! :P

Yes, normally it would be fun, but not now that I know what ticks do to you! When I was in NY, everyone there knew about Lyme. Everyone at our B&B knew someone who had Lyme -- some treated early, some treated late. It's so very common there! I definately would not be comfortable with it at all!

There were three ladies at our B&B who were going backpacking the day we were leaving. No way. Not that I'll never go out in nature, but never out East! Even though I got it here, it's still worse out there.

AndreaB Contributor
I may perhaps just add tiny bits of humour, here and there, like a dusting of bat glitter.... ;) (but hopefully not bat guano :huh: )

I don't know what a bat guano :ph34r: is, but we'd love to see you more. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
I don't know what a bat guano :ph34r: is, but we'd love to see you more. :)

Bat guano=bat poop ;):P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

ROFL!! :lol:

I was just as lost as Andrea about the bat guano. WTH?? :unsure:

Good thing I scrolled down to see the defination. :blink:

I shoulda knew!! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
oh dear gaaaaaaaawd....is THAT such a good idea? :ph34r::lol:

Dunno....it could be scary....we'll have to find out. :unsure:

We're going down memory lane....lightening up the thread.....bringing back some of the funny memories we shared. Check out page 888 for some laughs....(hint.....its got something to do with Spinach.) :P

AndreaB Contributor

Patti, thanks for the scoop on the poop (Mitch helped with reply). :P:lol:

It sure is good to see you and my cyber kitty too. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You guys will have to pull me forcebly from the buffet table though if you want me to stop eating

I could totally see all of us NEVER leaving the buffet table. :lol::lol:

We'll be climbing all over each other....pushing and shoving to get all the treats. Dude...I know I would seriously be at war with Donna... :lol::lol:

Now that the Dr. said I should be eating noramlly within 6-12 months...my mind is on food constantly!!!

I think I shut it out of my mind for the most part but whenever I start thinking it might be a reality....oh man....my mind goes CRAZY. I got serious food lust right now! :P

NGG....FOOD LUST!! Was it you that wrote that on another thread?? I loved it...I cracked up. Yeah....I think we've all got a little of that going on. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I GOT IT!! :o

I will put a whole basket of Bumble Bars on the buffet table. Donna will be like this... :blink:

She will be "mesmerized" by all the chocolate ones especially.

Hehe....I'll be eating all the pumpkin pie.....mold-free of course! :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
Posted by JulieM

I still don't know the official definition of "spinach"

At this point it seems to be just about anything.

Has anyone heard from Julie??????? I've been wondering about her. I don't think she's been on the board in months...:(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've been doing pretty good. I wonder if I've been eating too much dairy? Mostly I eat kefir, but I've added cheese back in. I've had this annoying feeling of swollen glands in my neck for about two weeks. I forgot to ask Dr. F about it last time, but I'll have a chance to ask him about it tomorrow. I hope it's not anything serious or thyroid related. It hurts a little to swallow. I hope I'm not just being paranoid.

I'm totally thinking its the cheese...if not dairy in general.

Is the glands right under your ears swollen...or under your chin?? Those are the glands that swell up for me....the ones under my ears are pretty much permantly swollen since I got sick but when I eat something I shouldnt ....man .....they get really swollen! It also hurts to swallow when I get a reaction.

My glands swell in other areas too but those are the ones in my neck area. Do we have glands in the back of our neck....like at the base of our skull?? :unsure:

I get swollen there too. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Has anyone heard from Julie??????? I've been wondering about her. I don't think she's been on the board in months...:(

Nope...I miss Julie too. :( I dont know if she the reads the board anymore. She was another ray of sunshine around here...our official town greeter. :)

I think Andrea hears from her occasionally.

AndreaB Contributor
I GOT IT!! :o

I will put a whole basket of Bumble Bars on the buffet table. Donna will be like this... :blink:

She will be "mesmerized" by all the chocolate ones especially.

Hehe....I'll be eating all the pumpkin pie.....mold-free of course! :P

:lol::lol::lol: I can just see it! :lol::lol::lol:

It doesn't take much to humor me does it? :P

Nope...I miss Julie too. :( I dont know if she the reads the board anymore. She was another ray of sunshine around here...our official town greeter. :)

I think Andrea hears from her occasionally.

Yep, I hear from her occasionally. I miss her over here too.

I'll let her know we are in for a little fun in remembering though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I hope corn isn't your problem as it is the hardest food additive to avoid in the States.

Holy cow...if corn was my only problem I might be in heaven!! :lol:

Seriously....I think back to where I was a year ago....eliminating all corn. It wasnt so bad.... I was pretty excited about all that I could eat!! :o

About this time last year I started shopping for all the corn-free passover foods. I got chocolate chips, potato chips, a two liter of COKE (minus the corn syrup)...MARSHMALLOWS!!

OMG....I was in heaven for about 2 days...thats about when my head started expanding so much I thought for sure it would burst. :blink:

Sheeesh.....the yeast must have been in heaven too!!! :rolleyes:

I still have the coke....I never got to open it. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast

I miss Julie, too. Wonder how she's doing. Do you know, Andrea? Last time she was here, or around the last time, she announced she had Lyme.

Rachel, that part of my neck has always bothered me ... right where it meets the skull. I know stiff neck can be because of Lyme, so I'm hoping it'll get better! I have swollen glands under my jawbone, but on the sides.

You know what's so funny ... I only sometimes ate sugar, now that I can't have it, I want it all the time. I guess I'd binge on it occasionally ... now that I can't I want it. :blink: I look forward to the possibility of eating more normally again, too.

AndreaB Contributor
Sheeesh.....the yeast must have been in heaven too!!! :rolleyes:

I still have the coke....I never got to open it. :(

I'm sure the yeast must have been having their own party.

I see Mango and SusieQ! Hi you two.

It's nice to see so many people on here......6 when I started posting.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Now I see Vincent! Long time, no see!!!

AndreaB Contributor
I miss Julie, too. Wonder how she's doing. Do you know, Andrea? Last time she was here, or around the last time, she announced she had Lyme.

She's do ok right now that I know of. She's over the really bad spell she had with the angioedema outbreak after the holidays.

She never was able to get the Igenix test. :(

AndreaB Contributor

Hey, Wow!!!

Word must be getting around about our forage back to last year. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I was all excited today....telling everyone at work about my appt...and about possibly eating normal food again! :D

I got alot of high fives for the eating food again part. :lol:

My friend kept teasing me all day....saying that the first Dr.'s had it right a long time ago...the freakin problem is "all in my head". She was saying she knew it all along...I'm just "challenged". :rolleyes:

One guy said "What's gonna happen to your girlish figure when you can eat again??"

Ummm....."Dont know....dont care.....just show me the PIZZA!!" :lol:

I think I'm still too skinny no matter what anyone else says. That same guy was saying that my weight is perfect.....that I'm like a model. Ummm...arent models pretty much anorexic looking?? :unsure:

GREAT...all the more reason to stay at the buffet table till all the foods gone. :P

Yesterday I told the Dr. that I had lost 25 lbs. at one point. I think she assumed I was originally 25 lbs. bigger than I am NOW. Later on she asked if my weight has stabilized?? I told her yeah...I've gained 15 lbs. back!!

She was like this. :blink:

Then she looked at my mom and said "OMG...you must have been terrified!" :o

So yeah...I could still use the extra poundage. B)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Wow...Vincent was here?? :o

Lots of people driving by....maybe we'll have an OMG reunion after all!! :D

Archived