This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mango04 Enthusiast
A couple months ago a girl came through my checkstand at work. She leans over and says "Sooo...Rachel...why arent you working at Whole Foods??" B)

:lol: Does Whole Foods send spies out to the regular grocery stores in order to steal the best employees? I have friends who work for them and they say it's the best company to work for. I bet you could make good money in the supplement department too. You know lots about that stuff by now. Hmmmm....maybe I should go work there. 30% off a WF bill is like saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
:lol: Does Whole Foods send spies out to the regular grocery stores in order to steal the best employees? I have friends who work for them and they say it's the best company to work for. I bet you could make good money in the supplement department too. You know lots about that stuff by now. Hmmmm....maybe I should go work there. 30% off a WF bill is like saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Mango...yeah....30% off my groceries might even buy me a new car at the end of the year!! :lol: Seriously...it would be like a whole extra paycheck each month! :o

So Whole Paycheck will actually be reimbursing me for taking most of my paycheck!!! :rolleyes:

I probably know WAY too much about food and supplements which kind of scares me sometimes. :unsure:

I used to think I could never fit in at WF cuz of my "un-granolaness". :P

Dont let my diet fool ya...I may buy the organic food....but my basket still overflows with pints of StoneyField ice cream :ph34r: ....the healthier stuff is somewhere buried underneath the ice cream. :lol:

I notice in the past few months they seem to be accepting more "less-granola-type" employees...so maybe I will still have a chance! :D

Just cuz I dont have dreads...or wear tie-dyed shirts....or smell like Patchouli....doesnt mean I dont know how to be healthy!! (just nevermind about the ice-cream :P )

About the secret "recruiter".....I dunno....do you think they really send people out?? :unsure:

Apparantly...she aint too good at her job!! :lol:

She was trying to recruit the girl who has so much brain-fog most people would probably assume I'm stoned at work or something. :blink:

I'm pretty much "special needs" at my store....I need help for anything that requires me to "think". :huh:

I'm also not too good at getting to work on time. :ph34r:

If I walk in at 5 am everyone goes "OMG...Rachel is EARLY!!" :blink:

And I go...."Ummm....nooooo....I'm a half hour late." :rolleyes:

I'm just less late than normal. :P

Despite all this....my boss doesnt want me to go to WF. :)

I think maybe she realizes that someday I'm gonna get my brain back and then I might actually be a valuable employee! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I use to work at Whole Foods. Go figure I use to make pizzas their. I didn't like it though hard work and little pay.

See now...that confuses me. :unsure:

The girl told me she makes $3 more than me and shes only been at WF for 3 years....compared to my 17 years at Safeway. :blink:

It sounded kind of "unbelieveable".....especially since WF is non-union. <_< Maybe she was telling me stories?? :unsure:

I never even ate or bought groceries their when I was well even with to 30% off and I don't know why.

I know why....it was all the BOGO's at Safeway...the Club Card Deals! They sucked you in with that. :P

Now they've got 10 for $10 deals. I'm sooooo PO'd that I cant take advantage of this!!! :angry:

Instead I'm at Whole Foods getting the 1 for $10 ripoff. <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Another thing...some of the people who shop at my store scare me.....but some of the people shopping at WF really scare me!! :ph34r:

The other day I was trying to pick out my frozen veggies and I was VERY distracted by a guy standing there...talking about how he hated to eat because yeah....vegetables are ALIVE and how do they FEEL about us eating them. :blink:

He was talking about how we should eat rocks and how its probably a sin to eat fruits and veggies and other living things. :unsure:

OK...my head hurts anyways...its hard enough just trying to pick out mold-free food...let alone worrying about how I'm sinning cuz I'm not eating rocks. :rolleyes:

So yeah....I cant work at WF until I get better....when I have more patience. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm seriously considering selling all my custom model horses :o so I can take Seth to bioset. Poor baby was subjected to so much while I was pregnant.

Awwww Andrea....not the horses. :(

I think Seth might be too young for BioSet?? I dont think I've seen anyone that young getting treated....plus he cant give you any feedback about how he's feeling since he's not talking yet. I think it might be too early for anything like that. He doesnt seem to have any problems developing does he??

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've been thinking about what role I'd like to fill in Rachelville, and I've decided I want to be the town granola. You know, the girl with the dreadlocks who hangs out on the lawn downtown wearing some flowery outfit and playing hacky sack. I would say that I'd be smoking clove cigarettes, but that's probably too 80's and not cool now anyways. I'll settle for spinach brownies, though they sound really gross to me :P .

Spinach brownies sound hecka good to me!! :D

Any kind of brownies sound good to me...they dont need to be "special" brownies...I've pretty much got a permanant "spaciness" about me...dont really need to add to it. ;)

Yeah...you can be the town granola. :)

We can play hacky sack (I have some experience).....I can learn from you....you know...get prepped for my job at WF. ;)

I do have quite the collection of Grateful Dead stuff. B)

I remember cloves....are they really not cool anymore?? :unsure:

Well in Rachelville they are still cool...at least for the granola girl they are. ;)

Plus they smell good...nothing in Rachelville is toxic so the cloves are pure and natural....and SAFE. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm wondering how much cilantro to take? I've been making a pesto with it and serving it along side a variety of things. It is really good in a simple soup I made with chick peas in it. Do people take it in capsules?

Rinne...I dont know. I think like anything else...you'd start out slow and gradually increase??

I've had bad experiences with cilantro. I think it could have been because I was eating it fresh....but I wasnt taking anything for detox. No binders...no nothing. I was probably mobilizing mercury and making things worse.

I would be careful with cilantro....dont overdo it. I dont think anyone knows exactly how cilantro chelates...or how much to take. If you eat alot of it...just pay attention to how your body is responding. With chelation....a "healing crisis" is definately not a good sign.

Here is one thing I found about cilantro..

One substance that may have some good chelating properties is cilantro. The problem with this substance is that it is unknown at the present time exactly what the ingredient present in cilantro might be that may give it good chelating properties. Without knowing the identity of the actual chelating substance, it is impossible to know how much and how often it should be given.

Also it is impossible to determine if all cilantro has the same amount of the unknown substance. It is probably a good idea not to use cilantro for chelating mercury until more is known about the substances involved.

I wouldnt say to completely avoid it but just use caution.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
She retested Lyme just to double check to make sure the neuropathy wasn't from that. It was absolutely clean...not a reaction to a single vial.

Man...I wish I could test that good! :(

That panel doesnt like me too much...and the feeling is pretty much mutual. <_<

Stupid Lyme panel! :angry:

Anyways....I'm glad you dont have to worry about the boogeyman. :)

My mom is excited for your ART session with Scott....she still keeps up with whats going on here. :)

Is the chlorella Anna gave you a liquid?? I looked at WF today and ended up getting capsules...they didnt have liquid.

I was confused about "cell wall" and "broken cell wall". I dont think I got the best one though. :( I looked it up a little while ago...YEAH....you think I'd do the research first. :rolleyes:

I hope I do ok with it ...I think chlorella has something to do with cysteine....which is a sulfur-containing protein amino acid. I have trouble with these things.....and my sulfation pathway is the one that I've had the most problems with. Last time it was because of cysteine. :(

I took one capsule tonight. We'll see how it goes.

I'm scared of B vitamins, they don't tend to sit well with me...but she said my body REALLY WANTS them.

B vitamins scare me too....I'm terrified of them. I dont know what it is but they mess me up good. I'm scared about trying B12 shots.

I dont know if I'm gonna do it. I have to find out more because I read this tonight. :unsure:

A word here about vitamin B12. It has been found to be a methylator, instantly converting the mercury ions into methyl mercury. Avoid vitamin B12 when detoxifying, although the other B supplements are not a problem.

Dr. Amy wants me on B12 to improve methylation. She wants Anna to check my methylation pathway....she said if methylation is good it will help with the chelation.

I also read this...

mercury can block the methylation cycle and thus induce a functional B12-deficiency (folates are not altered). This in turn is one explanation of why symptoms of mercury overload and vitamin B12-deficiency may be identical.

There is also a second possible interaction between vitamin B12, and mercury. Mercury has indeed been shown to impair the Transport of vitamin B12 over the blood-brain barrier which results in a low CSF/serum concentration ratio of the vitamin. Low CSF levels of vitamin B12 (and high CSF-homocysteine levels) have been observed in fibromyalgia (chronic fatigue syndrome), MS and in dementia.

High doses of vitamin B12, that overcome the block to some extent, has had sometimes stunning results in these conditions.

So...as you can see....there is some contradiction. <_<

The second quote supports what Dr. Amy said.

The first quote scares me though! :o

It sounds like you did alot better on phenols than I did.

I've done phenols twice now. I react to the entire panel....both times I had two full glasses. :(

This is definately something that would be caused by mercury toxicity and enzyme dysfunction.

AndreaB Contributor
Despite all this....my boss doesnt want me to go to WF. :)

I think maybe she realizes that someday I'm gonna get my brain back and then I might actually be a valuable employee! :lol:

They don't want to lose a good worker, whether your brain works all the time or not. :P

Wouldn't suprise me if stores sent out scouts.

See now...that confuses me. :unsure:

The girl told me she makes $3 more than me and shes only been at WF for 3 years....compared to my 17 years at Safeway. :blink:

And how would she know how much you make? Seems you'd be making more where you are at. Maybe she's thinking of people who haven't been there as long and what they'd be making in your department.

Awwww Andrea....not the horses. :(

I think Seth might be too young for BioSet?? I dont think I've seen anyone that young getting treated....plus he cant give you any feedback about how he's feeling since he's not talking yet. I think it might be too early for anything like that. He doesnt seem to have any problems developing does he??

I was wondering if he was to young. I could just see it now. Telling him to lie down with a bowl on his tummy. :lol: He'd probably sit up and throw everything on to the floor. Don't think that would go over very well. :P

It's too soon to tell if he's developing on target. So far, but he's not of the age to talk yet. Just reading about excitotoxins and the poor guy was subject to more than we thought as we didn't have the complete list you posted last year. Then you have the mercury from me, fluoride etc from the water.....

Maybe I could get Talitha in. I just don't know. She has a lot of intolerances for only being 7. If I don't get anything done this year (with the horse money) then we won't be able to do anything for a couple years. We aren't sick now (aside from intolerances which aren't real bad), but Talitha did fit one of those categories you posted almost completely for the mercury toxicity. I just wonder if she (and Seth) have mercury/metal overload or whether Talitha has candida even. Through enterolab she tested great for malabsorption though.

The first batch of horses is listed. I told Mitch if they don't sell that I'm keeping them. I'm not going to give them away. If we decide to wait on bioset then maybe I'll hold on to some of them. There are a few that I don't plan on parting with.

I took one capsule tonight. We'll see how it goes.

I assume you'll keep us posted?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We made them cute so I wouldn't be tempted to relocate them because someone didn't like bats or was afraid of them or something. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Donna....I think it was Susan.

She was freaked out about bats flying too close to her head....possibly getting tangled in her hair or something. :lol:

Maybe this had happened to her before?? :unsure:

I think she had post-traumatic stress from it.

Anyways....I'm pretty sure thats why the bats are purple, glittery and cute. :)

They also have some special "hair radar"...they dont fly low enough to get near Susans hair. :lol: Yup....the Rachelville bats are pretty magical. ;)

tabasco32 Apprentice
Another thing...some of the people who shop at my store scare me.....but some of the people shopping at WF really scare me!! :ph34r:

The other day I was trying to pick out my frozen veggies and I was VERY distracted by a guy standing there...talking about how he hated to eat because yeah....vegetables are ALIVE and how do they FEEL about us eating them. :blink:

He was talking about how we should eat rocks and how its probably a sin to eat fruits and veggies and other living things. :unsure:

OK...my head hurts anyways...its hard enough just trying to pick out mold-free food...let alone worrying about how I'm sinning cuz I'm not eating rocks. :rolleyes:

So yeah....I cant work at WF until I get better....when I have more patience. ;)

DO you think anyone can be allergic to eating rock? :) or dirt? For some reason I have been craving coffee and dirt. So rocks sound pretty good right now. Maybe I am lacking something and it has to do with a dirty mineral. Maybe nightshades or something. Yeah those safeway sales and albertson sales sound great to my wallet. It never fails, always spend no less than $40.00 bucks each time I go to whole foods and I don't even know ON WHAT! But it's something. You would think I would be a 500 pound woman with all the spending I do on nothing. I should just eat air, but I know that won't be safe either. Soon we will be allergic to oxygen from toxic cow poop that farmers burn. We won't need a prescription for antibotics just smell good old cow poop air.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And how would she know how much you make? Seems you'd be making more where you are at. Maybe she's thinking of people who haven't been there as long and what they'd be making in your department.

When she asked why I wasnt working at WF....I told her because I'd been with Safeway for 17 years...and I told her what I make and also that the benefits are good.

Thats when she said she makes $3 more after only 3 years. :huh:

If she was telling the truth then I could see why WF would be one of the top companies to work for.

AndreaB Contributor
If she was telling the truth then I could see why WF would be one of the top companies to work for.

If that's the case it wouldn't hurt to check it out. I assume they have good benefits as well. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
DO you think anyone can be allergic to eating rock? :) or dirt?

Ummm.....I'm pretty sure I could.

I react to everything else....why not rocks and dirt?? :blink:

I dont crave rocks though (not yet anyway).....so far I havent exposed myself to rocks so I'm probably still ok...my body hasnt "met" with rocks yet. When that day comes....I'm pretty sure the next day....I will be intolerant to rocks. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
The second quote supports what Dr. Amy said.

The first quote scares me though! :o

You must have snuck this in as I missed it the first time.

I would be highly confused and I don't have brain fog. :(

AndreaB Contributor
I dont crave rocks though (not yet anyway).....so far I havent exposed myself to rocks so I'm probably still ok...my body hasnt "met" with rocks yet. When that day comes....I'm pretty sure the next day....I will be intolerant to rocks. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm posting in reverse tonight...so sorry if I'm responding to old stuff. :ph34r:

I'm catching up...but for some reason I'm reading the pages in reverse......hence "reverse posting".

I've gained and maintained some weight recently, so I feel like I look healthier. I've gained 10 lbs since my "low point" in the fall. Its taken 4+ months to do so, so its been a really slow process, but I'm happy that I have a little bit more to work with. ;)

Laura....hope your IV went well. :)

I also love your new pic...you look happy and healthy. ;)

Its amazing how much a difference 10 lbs. makes!! I also gained 10 lbs. after my lowest point. Its been almost a year now that I've been pretty stable with the weight. It really boosted my confidence and I just felt ALOT better about my appearance when I got those 10 lbs. back. :)

Congrats. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You must have snuck this in as I missed it the first time.

Yeah...I'm just sneaky like that. :P

It was an edit. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I tried calling my vet today, but couldn't get a hold of them. I'm going over there tomorrow to interrogate them. They think the rat poison could have been contaminating the wheat gluten!

Claire,

Let us know what happened at the vet. I hope your Ouiser wasnt poisoned. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Forget about compiling all the useful information here (not that anyone was gonna do that anyway LOL) This funny stuff almost serves a much better purpose :P

Yeah...I dont know if it kills bacteria, or chelates metals....or fights fungi....but it sure FEELS good to laugh. :D

More random funnyness coming soon. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

So I got everything worked out with my mom. :)

Last week after my appt. with Dr. Amy my mom had told me she didnt understand anything....didnt know what to tell people...didnt like being asked questions, etc.

She said that people dont understand it...they dont believe it and that that one woman thinks I probably have AIDS. :rolleyes:

She said she just hated talking about it.

I felt like she didnt stick up for me...and that she was embarassed by the whole diagnosis and alternative medicine thing.....because others dont "accept" it.

I got mad. :angry:

I was already extra sensitive anyway...since I wasnt feeling well and had depression from the NDF. :(

Anyways...she said I misunderstood her completely.

She said the lady has been saying I must have AIDS the entire time I've been sick....that the woman just doesnt listen to anything my mom tells her. Then she asks my mom questions about my Dr. appts and such.....just so that she can ridicule it. :angry:

So my mom said she gets angry inside over it....and that she has explained everything to the lady but some people just dont "GET IT"....so she'd rather not talk about it so that she doesnt get angry.

She said she told the lady "She should be thankful she's not going through this with her daughter." and that we know what we're doing....we've been to the "regular" doctors...I've had all the tests....we're doing what we need to do to get me better.

When she first told me....she didnt communicate everything to me...so I just took it that she was embarrassed or something. I'm not upset about it anymore. :)

Also...I was sort of upset that it seems like she doesnt read the thread much when its alot of scientificness. She shows more interest when we're being silly and off topic. I felt like shes not interested in the important stuff about my health issues. :(

She said its easier for her to read when I'm joking and being silly because she feels like I'm happy and not sick. She said it makes her feel better and its easier on her heart. I guess I could understand that.

Sometimes its better to just talk things out cuz things can get easily misunderstood.....especially with me being poisoned and not always totally "rational". :rolleyes:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I think that Jamaican tie-dyed shirt would be perfect! ;) That reminds me of that In Living Color sketch, "Hey Mon!" :lol: I love tie-dye. My mother has actually developed an irrational fear of it. Here is an interesting fact: tie-dye was invented in China. I always knew they were my people!

Dear Rachel,

WF is a great place to work. They have great benefits, and the HR is excellent there! I read about the company in my favorite corporate magazine. Their CEO Bob Mackey is a really nice guy. They employees actually get to vote on their health plan! How many companies do that? The pay is better than most places, too.

I understand how hard it is to resist those specials at places like Safeway and Albertson's. Really, Schnuck's has those here. We usually have to pay more for bell peppers and stuff, but once in a while, they have a good deal. You just have to watch for it. Some places you would not expect have great deals on things.

For my cosmetics and some foods, I get them at CVS. They have the best deals. You never want to get make-up from a grocery store. You will get much more for your money at the drug store. I also got an Extra Care Card.

Spinach brownies sound hecka cool here, too! :lol:

Dear Claire,

Welcome to our town granola! As far as our dog goes, my parents are being stubborn. What is more annoying is, she feels guilty about thinking she poisoned him with the Frontline Plus, but does not give a second thought about glutening me every week. That ticks me off! :angry:

That is such crap!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor
So I got everything worked out with my mom. :)

Sometimes its better to just talk things out cuz things can get easily misunderstood.....especially with me being poisoned and not always totally "rational". :rolleyes:

I'm glad you got things worked out. It is very easy to be misunderstood.

I like the funnies in with the serious. It just seems we get carried away with all funnies and this last summer serious things weren't being responded too. It's good to have a balance though. :)

Of course I prefer less funnies so the computer doesn't call my name so much. :lol: Remember I'm supposed to be spending less time on here. :P:ph34r:

tabasco32 Apprentice

I don't know huh whole foods, I guess it depends on the team leader you work under since every department has a team leader. Mine was so mean yelling at me the first day of work. He was very rude. I made about 9.25 an hour which isn't much for all the work. I mean when I made those pizza's I made those pizza's. From scratch everything from slicing pepperonies to grating cheese to making pizza dough to cutting olives and making bbq sauce. Tiring so tiring. very hard work. I think the best position thier would be whole body or checkout people. The food is so tempting especially the bakery department. I also believe you have to wait a year for your benefits to kick in? That's how it was when I was there but that was 4 years ago.

lisa

NoGluGirl Contributor
I don't know huh whole foods, I guess it depends on the team leader you work under since every department has a team leader. Mine was so mean yelling at me the first day of work. He was very rude. I made about 9.25 an hour which isn't much for all the work. I mean when I made those pizza's I made those pizza's. From scratch everything from slicing pepperonies to grating cheese to making pizza dough to cutting olives and making bbq sauce. Tiring so tiring. very hard work. I think the best position thier would be whole body or checkout people. The food is so tempting especially the bakery department. I also believe you have to wait a year for your benefits to kick in? That's how it was when I was there but that was 4 years ago.

lisa

Dear Lisa,

I had a boss like that at Taco Bell when I worked there as a teenager! It is scary. They do not want to take the time to train you, then get angry with you when you need help. I did a ton of work like you did, for very little pay. :( I only made $5.50 and hour. That was so underpaid! For all you do, that is not enough! I had to take orders, collect trays, wash trays, clean the tables, sweep the lobby, wash windows, collect trash, discard trash, wash dishes, prepare food, clean the restrooms, replenish the condiment and drink stations, and do whatever else you were told. Being on your feet all that time was difficult. By the end of the night, your feet would hurt so bad! Having a rude team leader, as you said, never helps anything. The one manager we had was always screaming and cussing. I was scared to ask her anything. She was psycho!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived