This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I don't know huh whole foods, I guess it depends on the team leader you work under since every department has a team leader.

The girl who came into my store said she was a "team leader". This is what she was telling me I should come to WF for. Is a team leader like a dept manager??

She said she had been in my store several times and knew that I ran the dairy and that it always looked great. If she'd come in before I'd never noticed.....I never saw her before. I had kept an eye out for her so I could ask more questions but I havent seen her since.

I'm a "head clerk" at Safeway. This is because prior to becoming sick I was in charge of shipping and receiving, inventory, etc. Its the highest you can go without leaving the union and becoming a store manager.

I still have my "job title" and same pay scale since I wasnt actually demoted or anything like that...I just got sick. :(

When I become well, can think clearly, can handle stress better....I will more than likely take on more responsibility again.

It sounds like if I went to WF as a cashier or anything else (except maybe team leader?) I would probably make alot less. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea,

I was thinking about this last night. I know you are thinking mercury is a problem with you and the kids.

If Seth had alot of exposure while you were pregnant he would also be continuing to be exposed through breast milk. This is if you yourself still have amalgam fillings and are excreting mercury from that or other sources. Mercury does get excreted through breast milk.

Here is the results of one study...

The results indicated that there was an efficient transfer of inorganic mercury from blood to milk and that, in this population, mercury from amalgam fillings was the main source of mercury in milk.

Exposure of the infant to mercury from breast milk was calculated to range up to 0.3 microg/kg x d, of which approximately one-half was inorganic mercury.

This exposure, however, corresponds to approximately one-half the tolerable daily intake for adults recommended by the World Health Organization. We concluded that efforts should be made to decrease mercury burden in fertile women.

Here is the link...

Open Original Shared Link

I'm wondering if a heavy burden of mercury from amalgams in the mother can cause the benefits of breastfeeding to be outweighed by the risks?? Maybe you could ask your doctor about this??

I guess it could be possible that Seth is reacting to mercury rather than some of the suspected foods such as cauliflower or garlic?? Those are high sulfur foods and sulfur has an incredible affintity for binding with mercury.

Just a thought??

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Well, I was in the mood for a beer, so I went to the store I know that carries gluten-free beer. It's been a heck of a week, and I figure I better have a beer now while I can before I get pregnant! They had Redbridge, so I was psyched to try it. All I have to say is WOW! This tastes like real beer! It's definitely better than New Grist, which is the only other kind of gluten-free beer you can get in this granola town. I know a lot of you can't drink beer, but when you can, this is a good gluten-free beer to try.

I haven't had the redbridge yet but I did try Bard's Tale a few months ago... I think they're both made from sorghum.. either way, the Bard's Tale was very good and is all over the place in my state (NJ) but I don't know how its distribution is nationwide... but I think the redbridge is cheaper anyway... and apparently it's even on tap at some bars in ny city...

I'm actually thinking I might be able to drink every once in a while and not react too negatively even with the candida and whatnot... when I drank a few months ago, I felt like absolute s#@t the next day but was alright after that, which I can tolerate as compared to the food reactions which last for 4 days or longer... but I've restricted my diet a lot more since then and don't know how my body would tolerate it at this point... though I expect I'll find out at some point this summer

I would say that I'd be smoking clove cigarettes, but that's probably too 80's and not cool now anyways.

when I was in college 5 years ago, some of my friends smoked cloves at times so they're not that outdated... I smoked a couple cloves one night and got a nasty headache, probably cause I never smoked, well, at least cigarettes... I suppose I might have had some spinach through the years...

After each die-off the overall bacterial load is somewhat lowered, so each month is supposed to get a little better until I'm feeling good between herxes.

Last month I was on one fewer antibiotics ... this month's is MUCH worse. Since I'm on three different antibiotics, we're getting the Lyme in all three of its forms now. The bacteria tends to change to hide, this month there was no hiding for it.

how do you initiate a herx? aren't you on antibiotics all the time so what would cause a herx one day and not another day? or is it that you rotate antibiotics every so often or change the dosage and that's what triggers a herx?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
how do you initiate a herx? aren't you on antibiotics all the time so what would cause a herx one day and not another day? or is it that you rotate antibiotics every so often or change the dosage and that's what triggers a herx?

Lyme is capable of changing its form within the body. If its in a cyst-form it is harder for some meds to kill it. When it comes out of that form it may become more vulnerable and certain meds will start effectively killing it....until it changes form again.

Lots of things can trigger a herx....starting a new treatment, changes within the body (such as higher body temp), increasing doses of medication, switching meds, etc.

Also Lyme has a growth cycle....every 28 days you may experience a herx as the bacteria goes through its growth phase.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I was remembering that it was in the 70's that they started using more "unstable" amalgams in dentistry. These amalgams contain more mercury and are less stable...they leak more mercury into the body than previously used amalgam.

I was born in the 70's....I wonder if this might also be contributing to the growth in Autism this past decade.....now that my generation is having kids?? So babies who are more susceptible are born with mercury toxicity from the mothers amalgams...and then vaccinated....pushing them over the edge??

All of these neurotoxins that babies can be exposed to in the womb...mercury, chemicals in food, Lyme, etc.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well choir song went well and our small group did well too...at least that's what people said, lol. Got a lot of comments that we were good, so I'll take that and run with it. :lol:

Awwww Andrea....not the horses.

I think Seth might be too young for BioSet?? I dont think I've seen anyone that young getting treated....plus he cant give you any feedback about how he's feeling since he's not talking yet. I think it might be too early for anything like that.

I agree about the horses...that would be sad, but I understand though. About Seth being too young. The girl I met at BioSET is having her baby son treated by BioSET. I can't remember how old she said he was, but I don't think he was older than 1...He wasn't talking at all but could hold himself up. I think her daughter is may be around 4 or 5.

Man...I wish I could test that good!

That panel doesnt like me too much...and the feeling is pretty much mutual.

Stupid Lyme panel!

Anyways....I'm glad you dont have to worry about the boogeyman.

My mom is excited for your ART session with Scott....she still keeps up with whats going on here.

Is the chlorella Anna gave you a liquid?? I looked at WF today and ended up getting capsules...they didnt have liquid.

I was confused about "cell wall" and "broken cell wall". I dont think I got the best one though. I looked it up a little while ago...YEAH....you think I'd do the research first.

I hope I do ok with it ...I think chlorella has something to do with cysteine....which is a sulfur-containing protein amino acid. I have trouble with these things.....and my sulfation pathway is the one that I've had the most problems with. Last time it was because of cysteine.

I took one capsule tonight. We'll see how it goes.

B vitamins scare me too....I'm terrified of them. I dont know what it is but they mess me up good. I'm scared about trying B12 shots.

Dr. Amy wants me on B12 to improve methylation. She wants Anna to check my methylation pathway....she said if methylation is good it will help with the chelation.

I also read this...

So...as you can see....there is some contradiction.

The second quote supports what Dr. Amy said.

The first quote scares me though!

It sounds like you did alot better on phenols than I did.

I've done phenols twice now. I react to the entire panel....both times I had two full glasses.

This is definately something that would be caused by mercury toxicity and enzyme dysfunction.

So far so good on the B vits. I have just a bit more D today than I usually do, but stomach isn't upset, which it usually is. I'm just as confused about what you posted, lol. I don't understand half of the normal stuff people post here. :lol: The chlorella from Anna is liquid. It tastes a bit salty, and Anna said on my first visit that I could make it like a tea, but I don't think I can do that...I just have to chug it down, lol. Another of the Bs that she gave me has some sort of sweetener...they are tabs that you put under your tongue and let dissolve, so there's another piece of my bumble bar taken away, lol.

:) at your mom! I told Anna yesterday I was scheduled with him and I can't remember what she said, but she didn't yell "why". :lol:

Psst...yesterday I bought a brownie. It's still unopened...I've just been trying to decided IF I'm going to eat any and IF I do how many pieces do I have to cut it into. :lol:

Donna....I think it was Susan.

She was freaked out about bats flying too close to her head....possibly getting tangled in her hair or something.

Maybe this had happened to her before??

I think she had post-traumatic stress from it.

Anyways....I'm pretty sure thats why the bats are purple, glittery and cute.

They also have some special "hair radar"...they dont fly low enough to get near Susans hair. Yup....the Rachelville bats are pretty magical.

Ah yes, I recall...that does sound like it. I do recall the hair thing was more than one person I think.

So I got everything worked out with my mom. :)

Sometimes its better to just talk things out cuz things can get easily misunderstood.....especially with me being poisoned and not always totally "rational".

Yes, talking things out is so very good...it's also hard to do sometimes, but it's almost always beneficial...I'm so glad you got that worked out with your mom.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I have a question regarding the usage of chlorella:

my sister has beyond severe constipation... her system doesn't really work much on its own anymore... she's on I believe 3 or 4 constipation medications currently and may need surgery soon... with her RSD, surgery is never a recommended option and the surgeries being considered have other possible negative effects as well...

regardless of whether or not she is going to end up getting surgery, my mom and I are looking into some things to help her... I mentioned chlorella as something to try and my mom is going to run it by her doctors... my main concern before giving my sister the green light to try this is that it won't potentially have a negative effect on her body and symptoms... if she has an adverse rxn to it, that's fine, that's not what I'm concerned about as that could happen with any supplement or drug or food for that matter...

but I just want to make sure that it couldn't realistically do more damage to her from a symptom standpoint if she has an underlying heavy metals toxicity... as far as I understand chlorella, I don't think it will as it is a binder and not a mobilizer... so it may clear out some mercury if she has some lying around in her gut but it won't pull any out of her tissue and other organs and increase the load somewhere else, which could make her symptoms worse... so I think it should be fine for her to try it without potentially making her symptoms worse, just want to make sure I'm on the right track...

I don't even know if she has any of these things going on, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has lyme disease/mercury toxicity, etc.... I read some stuff from one doctor linking lyme to a host of diseases including RSD and I also read a pubmed study which found a girl diagnosed with RSD had lyme and I think her symptoms improved while addressing the lyme... we also know somebody who's had RSD for years and he has found positive impacts through dietary change in combination with other RSD treatments... none of this is necessarily very indicative of a connection in itself, but if I find out that the root cause of my problems revolves around lyme and/or a heavy metals toxicity, then I would think there's a good chance the same may be true for her...

dlp252 Apprentice

Clark, that's my understanding about the chlorella. The practioner I'm seeing now (BioSET) recommended that to me while I still had amalgams in. I talked with her about it yesterday and she said that I should continue to take it, but we haven't started any type of chelation yet...so yeah, I think it only binds, but some people DO have adverse reactions to the stuff itself.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Guess what I realized today!!

For the first time I'm really totally at peace with my diagnosis. :blink: I was clearly NOT this way when I got diagnosed with Lyme.

I questioned it...wanted more testing...just generally did not feel "settled" about it. It wasnt about denial....just a feeling that it would be a mistake for me and the doctors to focus on this. I did NOT feel right about it...I did not feel like it was making me sick...regardless if it was present or not.

I have felt this way with everything that has popped up in the past 4 years. Just very UNCERTAIN.

I dont feel like this anymore....I'm not worried about Lyme anymore. Its there...and I'm ok with it.

For the first time I feel like the attention is where it needs to be....the treatment is what it needs to be. I dont question that if my body can handle the treatment I will regain my health....from chelation alone. I feel very strongly about it....I've always known it deep down.

Having gone through looking into all *other* possibilities before focusing on this just makes me feel all the more certain that this is the correct diagnosis for me.

Interestingly, I dont even need a test to *prove* it to me. I've always *needed* this for everything from candida to lyme to thyroid to co-infections. I very strongly believe in testing.

For this...its different. Every test I've had did NOT prove mercury toxicity....yet somehow I knew the tests were wrong. Things got very confusing to me but whenever I really focused and thought about how and when I got sick.....it always came back to this.

So I have no more questions about Lyme or anything else running through my head all day. :) I have no questions....I just wanna get the metals OUT. I feel impatient.

Clark, that's my understanding about the chlorella. The practioner I'm seeing now (BioSET) recommended that to me while I still had amalgams in. I talked with her about it yesterday and she said that I should continue to take it, but we haven't started any type of chelation yet...so yeah, I think it only binds, but some people DO have adverse reactions to the stuff itself.

thanks..

as a sidenote, you (and anyone else referring to me as clark) can just call me charlie... it's just in my username for the play on words on superman...

dlp252 Apprentice
thanks..

as a sidenote, you (and anyone else referring to me as clark) can just call me charlie... it's just in my username for the play on words on superman...

Charlie it is! :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
as far as I understand chlorella, I don't think it will as it is a binder and not a mobilizer... so it may clear out some mercury if she has some lying around in her gut but it won't pull any out of her tissue and other organs and increase the load somewhere else, which could make her symptoms worse... so I think it should be fine for her to try it without potentially making her symptoms worse, just want to make sure I'm on the right track...

Charlie,

First off...I just wanna say I'm very impressed in your ability to jump into the mega-thread and follow some of the discussions we've had....mixed in with silliness...and random seperate topics. :wacko:

I admire all that you're doing to try to not only improve your own health but also realizing that in getting your own answers you could very likely help your sister out with her own problems.

I really hope you do get some answers soon. :)

You're totally right about the chlorella....it wont mobilize mercury....it wont redeposit it to other areas of the body. Its very safe and considered to be a food.

Chlorella seems to be a natural "healer"....its got lots of benefits...including improving digestion.

I havent read anything negative about chlorella. As you mentioned....some people can get allergic reactions to it....like anything else.

Here is some stuff I read about tolerance and dosage...

IMPORTANT NOTE: When your body detoxifies impurities you may experience a period of discomfort as these impurities are "flushed" from your system. Because chlorella is such a powerful detoxifier, I urge you to begin your chlorella regime gradually over the first few days and build up to my recommended dosage.

If you experience fatigue, lethargy, irritability, nausea or other uncomfortable conditions when starting with chlorella, try reducing the amount you are taking and build up even more slowly, as these may be symptoms associated with your body cleansing itself. However, if the symptoms are severe, or if they persist despite very low initial quantities of chlorella for the first few days, stop your chlorella regime and discuss with your personal medical practitioner.

Also please note that if you are a protein metabolic type these problems might be more severe and you should start much more slowly with one-half or even one-quarter capsule and increase the dose very carefully and slowly. Carb types seem to do much better with chlorella.

Caution: About 30% of people cannot tolerate chlorella. If at anytime one develops nausea or starts "burping up" the chlorella taste, then the chlorella should be stopped immediately as a food sensitivity is developing that will only worsen if you continue taking it.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also Lyme has a growth cycle....every 28 days you may experience a herx as the bacteria goes through its growth phase.

This is apparently what's happening with me. Mine are just about 28 days exactly. They last 5 days.

Clark Bent (I know you're Charlie, but I kinda like Clark :lol: ), I am on antibiotics, anti-protozoals, and anti-fungals. I have been on the same ones for two months now. At the start of month two, doc added a new one and I herxed the whole 28 day cycle because of the new med, so when my "regular herx" hit, it knocked me on my can!

Fortunately, it ended Saturday so I could go to IU to see Morgan. We got a massage Sat., which made me herx for a few hours. After each herx, I'm supposed to feel a little better than before ... that hasn't happened yet, at least not noticeably. That's because each cycle the bacterial load is slightly lowered. I guess mine hasn't lowered enough to make much of a difference yet.

CarlaB Enthusiast
thanks..

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL I posted before I saw this! :lol::lol: Okay, okay, okay, as much as I like your screen name, I'll call you Charlie ... I'm just used to you being Clark! ;)

I remember reading a post where you said the alcohol made you feel bad the next day. I cannot drink without getting a "hangover" ... I put it in quotes because I can get it from one or two drinks ... it's clearly not a regular hangover! That's a common Lyme symptom. I've seen them speculate on Lymenet as to what causes it ... they actually aren't sure, but the theory that makes perfect sense to me because of my response is that it kills off some of the bacteria. Not that it's helping ... I'm sure it doesn't, and they recommend you don't drink.

Charlie,

First off...I just wanna say I'm very impressed in your ability to jump into the mega-thread and follow some of the discussions we've had....mixed in with silliness...and random seperate topics. :wacko:

I admire all that you're doing to try to not only improve your own health but also realizing that in getting your own answers you could very likely help your sister out with her own problems.

I really hope you do get some answers soon. :)

You're totally right about the chlorella....it wont mobilize mercury....it wont redeposit it to other areas of the body. Its very safe and considered to be a food.

Chlorella seems to be a natural "healer"....its got lots of benefits...including improving digestion.

I haven't read anything negative about chlorella. As you mentioned....some people can get allergic reactions to it....like anything else.

thanks for the info about chlorella... assuming my sister's doctors don't have any objections to her using it, my sister should be trying it within the next couple weeks...

and thanks for the credit otherwise, but I'm no different than a number of other people in this thread as well as people across the country generally speaking as the prominence of all this stuff (food allergies, diabetes, autism, etc.) keeps growing... though I suppose most of them don't have to decipher the various meanings of spinach ;)

but after years of just being a patient to doctors and not learning much about my situation, I've progressively become more proactive... probably started after my prescription went up so high on depakote that I could barely get out of bed in the morning... and at some time in the last year or so, I decided there were only 2 ways I could approach my situation: either full throttle or not at all... within reason of course as I'm not gonna bring a book to a bar to study mercury toxicity... and there are cost limitations as insurance doesn't cover many doctors and tests... but I've focused on trying to learn as much as possible about what may be going on with my body as well as my sister's...

This is apparently what's happening with me. Mine are just about 28 days exactly. They last 5 days.

Clark Bent (I know you're Charlie, but I kinda like Clark :lol: ), I am on antibiotics, anti-protozoals, and anti-fungals. I have been on the same ones for two months now. At the start of month two, doc added a new one and I herxed the whole 28 day cycle because of the new med, so when my "regular herx" hit, it knocked me on my can!

Fortunately, it ended Saturday so I could go to IU to see Morgan. We got a massage Sat., which made me herx for a few hours. After each herx, I'm supposed to feel a little better than before ... that hasn't happened yet, at least not noticeably. That's because each cycle the bacterial load is slightly lowered. I guess mine hasn't lowered enough to make much of a difference yet.

so if I have lyme, I guess I'm gonna have to keep track of my cycle from now on :P

I read a reply of yours a few pages back about the load lowering, hence feeling better between herxes as you progress... makes sense to me... hope you pass that threshold soon and start feeling better between herxes

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL I posted before I saw this! :lol::lol: Okay, okay, okay, as much as I like your screen name, I'll call you Charlie ... I'm just used to you being Clark! ;)

I remember reading a post where you said the alcohol made you feel bad the next day. I cannot drink without getting a "hangover" ... I put it in quotes because I can get it from one or two drinks ... it's clearly not a regular hangover! That's a common Lyme symptom. I've seen them speculate on Lymenet as to what causes it ... they actually aren't sure, but the theory that makes perfect sense to me because of my response is that it kills off some of the bacteria. Not that it's helping ... I'm sure it doesn't, and they recommend you don't drink.

lol... it's just odd to me when people refer to me as "Clark"... I'm gonna start turning around in public when I hear it now B)

yeah, you're remembering right... I don't think I've been able to really drink any amount of alcohol without feeling hungover the next day for years.. probably just about the whole time I've had headaches (for 5 years or so)... I was still drinking until last year and will still try every once in a blue moon nowadays... but that's absolutely the case for me in regards to getting hungover even after just a couple drinks... and that definitely wasn't the case for me in college as I drank heavily in college without getting much more than your average hangover...

CarlaB Enthusiast
hope you pass that threshold soon and start feeling better between herxes

Thanks, I do, too. I'm impatiently awaiting that day!

CarlaB Enthusiast
so if I have lyme, I guess I'm gonna have to keep track of my cycle from now on :P

I didn't have a Lyme cycle at all until treatment. Some people do though.

Drinking has always been hit-or-miss with me. Sometimes I could have a few drinks and do okay, other times one or two would do me in. This was before I was having Lyme symptoms, but after I was exposed to it.

Recently, I feel really bad with any alcohol. Hungover does not properly describe how I actually feel. Finding out it was the Lyme and not the alcohol certainly explained a lot! I always wondered why other people would get a headache from drinking (I never did), but I would be completely debilitated for a day or two from small amounts.

AndreaB Contributor
I guess it could be possible that Seth is reacting to mercury rather than some of the suspected foods such as cauliflower or garlic?? Those are high sulfur foods and sulfur has an incredible affintity for binding with mercury.

Just a thought??

Thanks Rachel. I'll talk to my doctor and see if there is anything natural and safe to take (like chlorella) that can rid any metals from the intestines and look for a doctor in our area when we can free up some funds to have any other options looked at.

Psst...yesterday I bought a brownie. It's still unopened...I've just been trying to decided IF I'm going to eat any and IF I do how many pieces do I have to cut it into. :lol:

Glad the song service went well.

Yay on the b-vitamins, hope they continue to agree with you.

How about one piece? :lol:

For the first time I'm really totally at peace with my diagnosis. :blink: I was clearly NOT this way when I got diagnosed with Lyme.

So I have no more questions about Lyme or anything else running through my head all day. :) I have no questions....I just wanna get the metals OUT. I feel impatient.

I don't know too many (ok maybe not any) people that wouldn't be impatient to get this over with already. You will get better but it's going to happen step by step. Notice I didn't say baby step this time. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol::lol:

Yeah....you'll need to keep track of it....I wouldnt recommend discussing your "cycle" with your buddies though. ;)

ROFL... :lol:

I cant drink alcohol either. I think the "hangover" and low threshold comes from the liver. The liver is under a tremendous amount of stress dealing with other toxins and the alcohol has a "poisoning" effect.

This can happen with Lyme, heavy metal toxicity, candida.....or anything which creates alot of toxins and puts a heavy burden on the liver....detoxification becomes impaired...the alcohol isnt eliminated as efficiently.

My skin actually turned greyish/yellow when I drank alcohol. I noticed that consuming alcohol actually made me *look* sick. :(

My body seriously cannot deal with alcohol right now.

I read that chlorella can reduce the effects of a hangover as well...

Chlorella is considered to be a first class detoxifying agent, capable of removing alcohol from the liver and heavy metals (such as cadmium and mercury), certain pesticides, herbicides, and polychlorbiphenyls (PCBs) from the body's tissues. A Japanese study showed that taking 4-6gm of chlorella before consuming alcohol can prevent hangovers 96% of the time, even after a night of heavy drinking.

Not that I plan on popping my chlorella and then going out for some drinks....but hey...its useful info. for when I get better. ;)

Before I got sick...I had never experienced a hangover in my life. I did do my share of drinking but I guess my body wasnt all that toxic back then. I also never had any type of allergies...food or otherwise. Its sort of crazy how fast this all came on. :blink:

I'm not going to attempt to have any alcohol until my system is free of the metal burden and my organs are in better shape.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
though I suppose most of them don't have to decipher the various meanings of spinach ;)

:lol:

Yup...things can get darned confusing around here....if its not the "scientificness"....then its the spinach and purple bats. :P

Being a group of extremely foggy-headed people....you'd think we'd make it a little easier on ourselves. :lol:

but after years of just being a patient to doctors and not learning much about my situation, I've progressively become more proactive... probably started after my prescription went up so high on depakote that I could barely get out of bed in the morning... and at some time in the last year or so, I decided there were only 2 ways I could approach my situation: either full throttle or not at all.

I also became proactive after spending 3 years visiting Dr.'s and not getting anywhere. I was consistently at the doctors....at least once a week....but I just got sicker. :(

I knew I was on the right track with my research....even though the Dr.'s wouldnt listen.

I thought I was dying at one point and I made the decision to fight this...I dropped those doctors...followed my own instinct and I've never looked back. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

For anyone having symptoms from taking probiotics....this could be a reason. :o

When people have mercury amalgams or just has elevated mercury in their body, the friendly bacteria (probiotics) will convert the mercury into methyl mercury, which is at least 100 times more toxic than ordinary mercury.

Research shows that oral bacteria, yeast and probiotics all methylate mercury, so you should minimize any contact between the bacteria and your mercury. The methylation of mercury could explain some of the adverse reactions reported by parents and patients who have begun detox with massive doses of probiotics to correct dysbiosis.

Dysbiosis is a pressing problem, but the production of large amounts of methyl mercury is much worse. Methyl mercury exacerbates damage to the nervous system and even further promotes dysbiosis by further compromising the intestinal immune system

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor
For anyone having symptoms from taking probiotics....this could be a reason. :o

but, but, but......probiotics are supposed to be good for you.

This sounds like the answer to why Seth had a little eczema breakout and a horrid diaper rash. Poor little guy. :( I will not be taking anymore probiotics until I can get rid of these amalgams. Neither will Talitha.

Archived