This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Laura,

Have a good time tomorrow night. We'll look forward to an update. :)

So I go in there and he had built a "fortress" around the gun...with boxes of BOUNCE!!! :o

:lol::lol:

I just held my breath, knocked down the bounce and stole the gun. :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Ants love to swarm my condo. I get swarms everywhere...even in the bathroom. That's why I developed my excellent relocation skills. :lol:

:lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

The little guy and I had appointments today. He's doing well. I told the doctor I believed if he had any more vac's that he'd wind up autistic (or on the spectrum). He said he's fine right now, which is good. :)

I was talking to him about mercury and celiac. I had been looking at a chart by Hal Huggins that he has in his waiting room. It mentioned autoimmune diseases. I told him I believed metals were behind our intolerances and probably celiac. He's in total agreement. He looked at the results of my hair analysis and said that shows a problem with mercury but we don't know the extent as we didn't do the challenge at the time I had the analysis done. He uses both to determine toxicity.

He does chelation too which is nice, so when we are ready to start treatments we'll go to him. Of course for me, I've got to get my teeth taken care of first.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Scott has free Lyme Awareness bracelets on his website ... www.betterhealthguy.com.

Rinne, don't know if they're Lyme green! I still want to start the Lyme Ladies Lunch group with our Lyme green hats!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Scott has free Lyme Awareness bracelets on his website ... www.betterhealthguy.com.

Thanks Carla,

I requested a bracelet. :D

Dont know if I made the first 50....but I got a message that my bracelet would arrive soon. :)

The bracelets are green. ;)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Okay, so I've been having some pain in my lower abdomen...very low and to the left...what the heck is down there, lol. :lol: Is that still intestines down there?

Hey...thats the same spot I get those "ovary pains"....from the alien baby. :o

What does it mean?? :unsure:

I noticed that the pains came back while I was on NDF....but I also had added in new foods...which I think may have been causing it. <_<

I started back on NDF today. I think my kidneys had a good rest. I'm only doing one drop....every OTHER day. I'm not gonna rush it this time. ;)

I gotta keep a close eye on my kidneys too....make sure my urine isnt too clear like last time. Besides my urine being clear I also was urinating alot more frequently while I was on NDF. I didnt increase my water intake so I'm not sure what this could mean?? :huh:

Today was my first day back on it and again....I'm urinating more than normal. Does this sound like a good sign?? :unsure:

Andrea....you were right about my Dr. appt...it was on the 23rd!! :o

I guess I'll be having another appt. coming up in 4 weeks or so.

AndreaB Contributor
I started back on NDF today. I think my kidneys had a good rest. I'm only doing one drop....every OTHER day. I'm not gonna rush it this time. ;)

Glad to hear you're going to take it slow. Have you increased your water intake? It would be a good thing. Your body needs water and I would think it would help with helping this stuff through the kidneys.

Maybe you could talk to your doctor or Anna about the increased frequency of urination.

diamondheart Newbie
Also...I was sort of upset that it seems like she doesnt read the thread much when its alot of scientificness. She shows more interest when we're being silly and off topic. I felt like shes not interested in the important stuff about my health issues. :(

Your mom reads this thread :blink: ?! OMG, I'd be doing cartwheels if my mom showed that much interest in me!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

quick questions re: chlorella... what is the recommended dosage per day (and how often per day) and what form should I get for my sister: tablet or capsule?

I don't think liquid chlorella is going to be all that easy to come by so we'll probably go with tablet or capsule... after talking to a friend who has taken it and doing a quick search on the net, it seems like 6 grams per day should be good to try for her... I guess it might be good to break her in with a smaller dosage per day at first (2-3 grams) and then bump it up to 6 grams after a week or so but we also want to (and kind of need to) see quick results to see if it will improve her constipation and digestive system...

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
To become Jewish here, you have to pay the synogogue $10,000! :o I think I am too poor to be Jewish.

Holy Vow of Poverty, Batman, I couldn't afford to join that synagogue either! :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

I've just done some looking into DMPS and DMSA and for us I don't really feel comfortable with it. That's what my doctor uses as it is quicker. I did find something that sounds good (aside from NDF).

Open Original Shared Link

What do you guys think about this? It sounds good and is safe for those that still have amalgams.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

as a sidenote (well, I guess technically everything's a sidenote in this thread since it started off discussing corn), there's an additional form of mercury testing I learned about the other day that I wasn't familiar with... I contacted a practice by me that does mercury testing and detoxification (almost exclusively for autistic kids) and they told me they do 3 different tests... I knew about 2 of them: a chelator challenge and the counting rules for hair testing... but there was one other test that detects the presence of certain chemicals or something in the blood that I guess correlates to the presence of mercury... forget the name of the "chemicals" or whatever it is that they look for, something that begins with a 'p'

I actually found out there's a bioset clinic right by me and they do free consultations... I figure I might as well check it out and see what they're about.. though I probably won't consider doing it at least until I get my lyme testing done first..

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

Yay! The Greatful Dead! ;) I am such a hippie! However, I don't do patchouli! I use deoderant! I have to with my toxic sweat! :(

Dear Donna,

I get ovarian pain all the time. It hurts all the way down my legs sometimes. I have always had some trouble with that.

Dear Claire,

I understand why you might not want to know about your dog. It is a terrible thought. I am kind of the type that has to know one way or another. I guess it is because of all the forensics shows I watch. I wanted to have an autopsy done on our dog that died about two years ago, because we were not sure what was causing her bleeding like that. My mother said she did not want anyone to cut up her baby, and yet had her cremated. That makes no sense! :blink:

Dear Fiddle-Faddle,

:lol: Yep! That Temple is a teeny bit pricy! My father had a co-worker who was Jewish several years back. She wanted to get married there. They said she had to pay $10,000 to join the temple. Is that crazy or what! That is like saying God favors only the wealthy. I have to admit, sometimes it feels like it. Of course, we know that is fundamentally untrue.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast
I use deoderant! I have to with my toxic sweat! :(

Oddly enough, since I've been using my far infrared sauna, I don't need it anymore. If I miss a few days in a row I do though.

Morgan and I got a massage last weekend and sat in the sauna at the spa. It was a regular sauna. I did not feel the same detox at all from the regular sauna. I had not sat in one since I got my FIR ... the sweat is totally different. In the regular sauna, it was just normal sweat. In the FIR it's slimy (gross!). Obviously, the FIR removes more toxins!

I thought I'd pass that info on since up till now I don't think we've had a comparison between the two.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Here's a mystery illness for you to solve.

neck weakness

pain under right shoulder blade

weak legs

tire easily

arms lack normal stregth

Neurologist says there is nerve damage.

So, what do you think this is? They don't have a diagnosis yet.

I would say that's something for a GOOD chiropractor to look at (unfortunately, there are a lot of quacks out there, just like MD's). Sounds to me like there's a possibility that discs (more than one) are out of alignment and that something is pressing on at least one nerve.

Pain of any sort is tiring; it is exhausting dealing with pain when you are awake, and it interferes with restful sleep, so you don't have the energy to deal with it when you wake up, and wham, you're in a vicious cycle. Take away the cause of the pain, and that might just fix everything.

Of course, there could be other things going on in addition to something being out of whack with the spine, and the spine might be just fine, and it could be something else entirely! But I would rule out anything that could be solved by a good chiropractor before looking elsewhere.

How did the neurologist determine nerve damage? Unfortunately, neurologists HATE chiropractors, which is kind of silly. I mean, wouldn't you think they would be *happy* if you found something that made you better?

Did the patient have a fall, or do a lot of lifting or putting things on high shelves? It might help to know what activities might have preceeded the pain, maybe a couple of weeks or so? Or did the pain and weakness come on very gradually?

Okay, I googled "pain under right shoulder blade" and found this: Open Original Shared Link, which mentioned cholangitis (bile duct inflammations) and cholecystitis (inflammation of the gall bladder), both of which could be caused by bile duct blockage (but it didn't say what causes the bile duct blockage in the first place)--could they be possibilities here?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thank you for your suggestions. This is one of the priests at our church, so I don't know the details. In a parish of thousands, I'm sure one of the chiropractors will step forward and offer his services! That's a good idea, actually.

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey...thats the same spot I get those "ovary pains"....from the alien baby. :o

What does it mean?? :unsure:

I noticed that the pains came back while I was on NDF....but I also had added in new foods...which I think may have been causing it. <_<

:unsure: Don't know what it means, but it's only hurt in the last week or so...could be from the B vitamins or the chlorella or completely unrelated to any of that, lol. Maybe it's the descending colon that Patti mentioned. Oh no, I hope I don't have an alien baby episode.

Your mom reads this thread :blink: ?! OMG, I'd be doing cartwheels if my mom showed that much interest in me!

Yes, and a friend (TheDave) of Rachel's also pops in from time to time.

quick questions re: chlorella... what is the recommended dosage per day (and how often per day) and what form should I get for my sister: tablet or capsule?

I don't think liquid chlorella is going to be all that easy to come by so we'll probably go with tablet or capsule... after talking to a friend who has taken it and doing a quick search on the net, it seems like 6 grams per day should be good to try for her... I guess it might be good to break her in with a smaller dosage per day at first (2-3 grams) and then bump it up to 6 grams after a week or so but we also want to (and kind of need to) see quick results to see if it will improve her constipation and digestive system...

Hum, my BioSET lady has me taking 1 tsp twice a day. I'll have to see how much 1 tsp is in grams, lol. The liquid stuff is very salty tasting...I have to put it in a bit of water to dilute the taste. :ph34r:

I've just done some looking into DMPS and DMSA and for us I don't really feel comfortable with it. That's what my doctor uses as it is quicker. I did find something that sounds good (aside from NDF).

Open Original Shared Link

What do you guys think about this? It sounds good and is safe for those that still have amalgams.

That looks interesting. The doctor (at HN) who recommended I take modified citrus pectin (Pectasol) while I was having my amalgams removed also recommended EDTA but she didn't say how much...according to the link you posted it looks like in high doses that can be as bad as DMPS or DMSA. Glad I didn't just wing it, lol.

as a sidenote (well, I guess technically everything's a sidenote in this thread since it started off discussing corn)

:lol: So true! :lol:

there's an additional form of mercury testing I learned about the other day that I wasn't familiar with... I contacted a practice by me that does mercury testing and detoxification (almost exclusively for autistic kids) and they told me they do 3 different tests... I knew about 2 of them: a chelator challenge and the counting rules for hair testing... but there was one other test that detects the presence of certain chemicals or something in the blood that I guess correlates to the presence of mercury... forget the name of the "chemicals" or whatever it is that they look for, something that begins with a 'p'

I'd be interested in the name if you can remember. So far the only testing I've had is the BioSET, which was pretty clear but still, it might be wise to have the other testing done at some point.

I actually found out there's a bioset clinic right by me and they do free consultations... I figure I might as well check it out and see what they're about.. though I probably won't consider doing it at least until I get my lyme testing done first..

Wow, very cool!!! I think there are a couple of different variations on BioSET...one of the poster's here (Julie) I think had something called Bioset done which was a bit different, but also similar to what Rachel, Claire (and Peacenlovegirl who used to post here) and I are having done.

Here's a mystery illness for you to solve.

neck weakness

pain under right shoulder blade

weak legs

tire easily

arms lack normal stregth

Neurologist says there is nerve damage.

So, what do you think this is? They don't have a diagnosis yet.

Well, two of the things my chiropractor and PT guys are working on are the muscles in my neck and shoulders--both weakness and tension...I don't think we've clearly determined what's causing it. I know they've tried 2 kinds of traction, putting me on a pneuback machine, giving me various strengthening and stretching and range of motion exercises and having me do home traction.

My arms have lacked normal strength for a few years now, and I definitely tire easily, lol. My legs are also weak considering I work out as often as I do. I don't have pain under the right shoulder blade through, at least not often...once in a while maybe. My neck is weak...I've never been able to do crunches without supporting my head.

No one has ever suggested nerve damage except for Anna, but not in relation to all those symptoms...just in relation to the burning skin.

I DID have problems with my bile ducts, but they weren't blocked...I just had a growth there...

It's a mystery.

rinne Apprentice
I've changed my avatar to a scan of the model replica we had done of my horse. That is one we will never part with. The gal that painted it is the same one I've bought all my other models from on ebay.

That is a lovely horse Andrea, it reminds me of a statue my grandfather had, he loved horses too.

I don't know much about shingles....just heard it was painful.

I know the new vaccine (varicella) can cause shingles but I'm pretty sure you guys (Donna and Rinne) didn't get that. I can't imagine the pain on the inside. :( Is there anything that can be done for it? (like the b vitamins) Do you know?

You are right, I never had the vaccine.

I think there is alot of truth in this theory...

I've heard this about a gazillion times when I used to post on the Candida boards and when I look at my situation I think it must be true.

I dont know that there is any way to *prove* just what the immune systems' intention is when it allows Candida to overgrow with heavy metals present. It is proven that candida attaches itself to the metals.

Now that things are starting to become more clear to me...I do think Dr. Klinghardt is right. The healthy immune system doesnt become "overwhelmed" by Candida.....rather it seems more likely that the immune system is *using* the Candida to protect the body from further damage from the heavy metals.

It makes sense that killing off a bunch of candida is gonna make the situation worse....and not reallysolve anything. It will cause "die-off"...partly due to metals being released...and the candida will only return...beacuse the immune system obviously *needs* it there.

Scott had told me that Klinghardt's belief is that when Candida binds with the metals...it prevents the metals from traveling around the body...instead they stay in one place. This is much safer....without the candida preventing this from happening...serious damage would likely occur.

It is proven that when the metals are removed...the candida levels go down as well. I think I'm just gonna concentrate on that....and not do any aggressive Candida treatment. I've been pretty lax about the Candida....and I think I'll stay that way. :)

*Everyone* with mercury toxicity gets Candida....theres gotta be a reason for that. Even if it were caused by weakened immunity I dont think the same exact pathogen would overcome the immune system in every case of mercury poisoning. Candida seems to be *allowed* to overgrow in every individual with mercury toxicity.

I think it makes sense...

I still hate Candida though. :P

Rachel this absolutely rings true for me.

I was 22 (just shy of 23)...which for my "generation" is SUPER early.

We are going to the Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner at the Washington DC Hilton on Wednesday night. President Bush is going to be there! He comes to this one every few years, and he'll be here this year. Plus, all the big media companies (CNN, Fox, NBC/ABC/CBS, etc) and political figures (lots of congress-people) will be there. I spoke to the people in charge of catering and they are preparing me a gluten free meal. Who is excited! I told Eric if by chance Heidi Collins is there (which, I don't know if she will be, she's not based out of DC) but IF she is, I'm going up there and introducting myself :)

Eric has rented a tux, and I'm wearing the black dress I wore this fall in my best friend's wedding, with a black shawl, and my pearls. I even went and treated myself and got my nails done this evening.

After all I have gone through in the past year....I'm really just enjoying the chance to go to something like this and being normal ;).

Only thing is that I'll have to try to cover up my "tracks" on my arms from the IVs...so that I don't look like a druggie.

How about some elegant elbow length gloves? How wonderful to have a glamorous night out, enjoy. :)

She went home, and the following day, began massively bleeding from both ends! My brother was there, and he said it was horrific. :( Thank God he was there, because my brother had to convince my grandfather to call an ambulance. I don't know if he freezes up or what. I think it might bring back memories from WWII that he does not want to remember.

Anyway, she lost so much blood, that they almost lost her. She was thrown into Alzheimer's. She still knows who I am now. I do not know for how long. This is the most emotionally excruciating thing.

Watching someone you love go through this. I wish God had taken her then instead of her having be scared all of the time and confused.

She was a good Christian woman. She did not deserve this. Alzheimer's is the most terrible disease. It is like having amnesia off and on all the time. Grandmom and I have always been close. I am so afraid to even go see her, for fear of crying. However, I need to see her before she cannot remember me anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear that your grandmother went through such an awful ordeal. I hope you will visit her even if it seems she doesn't know you, I trust that when we are truly connected something is communicated that transcends circumstances. The last year of my gramma's life she really didn't seem to be present, nor to know me and then one day, not long before she died, when I went to see her she smiled at me and it was the purest and sweetest smile I have ever recieved. The memory of it brings joy to my heart. I don't know if she knew it was me that she was smiling at but in that moment I saw her beautiful and loving spirit and I will be grateful forever to have seen it.

I said "Yeah...yeah" :rolleyes:

So I go in there and he had built a "fortress" around the gun...with boxes of BOUNCE!!! :o

:lol::lol:

I just held my breath, knocked down the bounce and stole the gun. :P

ROTFLMAO

Rinne, don't know if they're Lyme green! I still want to start the Lyme Ladies Lunch group with our Lyme green hats!

:lol: Me too.

jerseyangel Proficient

I was watching the news on CNN yesterday, and scrolling across the bottom of the screen I read about President Bush attending the dinner that Laura is going to.

I felt so important, thinking--hey, I know someone who will be there! :lol:

About as close as I'll ever get :P

Rinne, I love your idea about the elbow-length gloves! B) Hope she runs into Heidi Collins :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just had my monthly phone consultation with my doctor's assistant.

I asked about the number of meds I'm on since I read on Lymenet about people on one or two meds, so I was wondering about the heavy meds I'm on. Not that I want to slow down, I was just curious. She said that the doc is very aggressive in treating Lyme, that the only other doctor who is as aggressive is Dr. B (who wrote the diagnostic hints and guidelines), who retired in December.

Next month will be time to switch things around a bit ... need to keep attacking the bugs with different meds. I'm glad he's aggressive ... his aggressiveness along with his holistic approach is a perfect fit for me. She recommended a supplement for fatigue, I think she said it was NT Factor ... Wild Oats didn't have it, so I'll order it from the doctor. I'll have to look up what it actually is. She also said only to take the charcoal when I needed it if it made me feel better in case there are still meds to be absorbed.

I can do a phone consultation next month, but the following I'll have to go into the office again.

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

I'm glad you like your doctor, that's important. I'll be curious to hear how he mixes things up next month.

Rinne,

Hope you're doing well. It sure is good to see you more often again. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

I'm glad you like your doctor, that's important. I'll be curious to hear how he mixes things up next month.

I know one change is going to be the doxycycline for the summer. Doxy can make you burn really bad. We're going to Florida next week, so no tan for me. :( I don't want a dark tan, but I always feel healthier getting a little sunlight and think I look healthier with a little color.

We're staying at my Dad's ... if I feel bad, I can lay around his house just as easily as I can lay around here. :)

I'll send out details next month.

AndreaB Contributor
We're going to Florida next week, so no tan for me. :(

Hope you have a nice visit with your dad. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

I appreciate the input. My grandmother does good some days, and not so well on others. What is funny is she remembers things my grandfather does not want her to! :lol: Serves him right! He gets in trouble with Dad!

Dear Carla,

Those infrared saunas are something I had never heard of. I wish I could go to one. The toxins are a big issue. Candida especially causes a lot of trouble. Maybe I will get rich suddenly and be able to get one! That would be nice!

As far as the mystery diagnosis goes, I agree with Fiddle-Faddle. I had my gallbladder out almost four years ago. I am going to celebrate on the 28th of July with little gluten-free gallbladder cookies! :lol: That little sucker caused a lot of trouble! I had those symptoms she listed.

Dear Fiddle-Faddle,

Gallbladder inflamation and bile duct blockages are often caused by the same thing: gallstones. The fats we eat cause bile to form and flow. It helps us digest it. When fats and cholesterol form into stones, they can mar the inside of the gallbladder. That is apparently what happened to mine.

It was very inflamed and irritated, and nearly ruptured! :o This was despite nothing showing in the HIDA scan or the ultrasound I had run. Stones can pass between tests, though. The stones that are small are actually more dangerous than the larger ones. That is because they easily get stuck in the common bile duct.

When the common bile duct is blocked, not only can it be injured from it, but it prevents bile from being released from the gallbladder. If this continues, pancreatitis and liver problems can result.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived