This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
Baked goods do not irritate my stomach with it, but pudding does. Any thoughts?

Probably because the pudding has much more dairy than the others.

There are great chocolate bars that have no dairy. They're made by Tropical Source and they're really good. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

I found a list of stuff to think about when going after Lyme...

Just some to be paid attention to:

Viral infections

Mold and fungi

Food allergies

Parasites are a major problem for all chronically ill

Heavy Metals affects all chronically ill

Chemical toxins

Dental toxins / hidden dental infections causing enormous problems that no one would suspect

especially wisdom teeth sites (with or without teeth)

Emotional garbage

Structural problems that hinder lymphatic drainage

Geopathic stress

Electromagnetic stress, especially nearby microwave towers

If you miss addressing these, mainly heavy metals and dental, - Lyme Disease can persist for a very long time.

Major hang-up: The body has to be cleared of heavy metal toxicity. Microbes set up their housekeeping in areas which have become toxic. These areas are not patrolled by the cells of the immune system, who are equally vulnerable to toxic substances as other healthy dells of the organism are. Many microbes have learned to live and flourish -- f l o u r i s h - in the presence of high levels of toxins.

Microbial by-products and toxic metals act as haptens: they attach themselves to the cell wall and mark this cell for the host's immune system as foreign. This cell will become a target for the immune system and will be attacked. (this is the base for most or all auto-immune diseases).

CarlaB Enthusiast
You're right....I dont understand the chili thing. :huh:

It's Cincinnati chili ... you have to be from Ohio to understand ... ask Brocobux, he gets it! It's a meat chili poured over spaghetti with grated cheddar on top. I get it with a baked potato instead of the spag, but they'll use my own spaghetti if I bring it. We go there every week. :ph34r: They'll also add kidney beans and onions. You can see at Open Original Shared Link ... but you still won't get it, you have to be from Ohio. It has a cult following ... it's one of those places that ex-Ohioans are sure to go to when they visit ... at least once!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh, and by the way...I think I can confirm that the D was caused by my supplements, lol. :lol: Started taking them again yesterday and guess what's back. :P

Do you have an idea of which one?? I guess that will be your next task. :P

He said no, he's actually tested a few now who he hasn't found it in.

Well thats a relief....I guess there are some lucky folks out there...but then again I was one of the ones he didnt find it in. :unsure:

He's tested alot more people since I saw him...so I'm sure he will find lots more that dont show evidence of Lyme. Also...I'm sure he also counts those he sees while assisting Amy.

I'm wondering (and can't remember if this was in any of the stuff you posted), does candida bind with the spirochets like it does to the mercury?

Hmmm...I'm not sure. <_<

Dr. S has talked to me about Lyme and mercury working together ....mercury and candida (the same).....I cant remember if he said anything about candida and Lyme binding. :huh:

I'm thinking no...but I'd have to ask him...or look into it but I dont think I've ever heard that.

It was something you said when you tested with Denise once...something wasn't showing up, and you said something to her so she did something different with the computer and found it...can't remember what exactly that was, but just remember the general gist of the thing...that's what made me think maybe lyme was being blocked or was hiding or something.

Hmmm.... maybe it was my sulfur issue??

Sulfur was testing fine for me but I felt really positive it was NOT fine so she retested the pathway and found out yeah....it was blocked. It was cysteine though...one of the 4 sulfur amino acids. So sulfur itself wasnt showing up as a problem but yeah my sulfation pathway was still messed up.

The way he talked yesterday it sounds like maybe Dr. S is now aware of ART cuz Scott said if I showed him my results he would be open to it...so Scott must have talked more to him about it.

I hope so...that way I can talk to him about without trying to explain it to him. :lol:

That means that when and if I do have to chelate, I can probably get by with something like NDF! That was exciting! AND, to take care of the lyme, at least for now, the supplements would be sufficient...and I bet that if the Transfer Factors turns out to be a no go, that there would be something equally effective...he didn't test cat's claw or anything like that.

Yeah...maybe you just need NDF...that would be awesome. :)

If you see Dr. S. he will want to order Western Blots...then he will probably want to put you on Cats Claw. The same stuff I take...it also tests well in ART for me.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
It's Cincinnati chili ... you have to be from Ohio to understand ... ask Brocobux, he gets it! It's a meat chili poured over spaghetti with grated cheddar on top. I get it with a baked potato instead of the spag, but they'll use my own spaghetti if I bring it. We go there every week. :ph34r: They'll also add kidney beans and onions. You can see at Open Original Shared Link ... but you still won't get it, you have to be from Ohio. It has a cult following ... it's one of those places that ex-Ohioans are sure to go to when they visit ... at least once!

OMG...I may not get the whole "cult following" stuff but that sounds sooooo good!!!

I guess I just see the word "spaghetti" and I kind of freak out inside! :blink:

I miss spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread, etc. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also...so many people have Lyme and no health problems whatsoever...they are totally asymptomatic...completely unaware that its there. Lyme also requires other issues to push you over the edge. So the Lyme contributes...but its not the sole cause...it doesnt push you into ill health on its own.

People who end up sick seem to test positive for Lyme....but a much larger percentage of the population is walking around with this bacteria and they have no symptoms whatsoever.

Its only when you have a combination of these things that you begin to develop problems...when the "total load" of toxins becomes too great to bear.

I think Lyme is an opportunistic instigator that lays dormant until you get hit with stuff like mercury or mold...or just an accumulation of everyday toxins.

Yes, I think stress can also be a trigger. But then again, when I am under stress, I grind my teeth, which released mercury when I had fillings. I always felt bad after a night of grinding, more than just my jaw being tired ... I felt sick ... so I had my fillings out.

This time, we were under stress, but I also got very ill and took 21 days of doxy ... I think the doxy stirred up the Lyme ... it had been living in my dormant until then. We get along okay when it's dormant! My doctor's assistant said this is why people feel worse when they get on meds, it wakes up the bacteria. Herxing contributes, too, but just the fact that more of the bacteria is active makes you feel worse, too.

I think I was one of those people who had it in a dormant state until then. I had a few symptoms, but nothing that affected my life in any significant way. Drinking would sometimes make me sick after only a drink or two, and others I'd be fine ... but I never could have more than a couple drinks. I also had minor fatigue and got heat exhaustion very easily. So, I know it was there.

CarlaB Enthusiast
HAPPY EASTER!!!!

I need it cuz I missed yesterday's dress rehearsal, lol.

We don't practice right before Mass, our practice is every Wed. night. I never go because I don't feel good at night, and I never practice at home because I always find something else I do if I'm feeling good enough for it.

So, I just show up on Sunday and sight-read. :ph34r: They know about my health problems, so they tolerate it. On days I feel good, I stand to play. On mediocre days, I sit between songs. On bad days, I sit to play.

Today I just showed up and sight-read like normal! There was another flute player ... a girl home from college ... so it was fun harmonizing ... and a clarinet and trumpet. Several guitars and a percussionist. It was very fun. Apparently they had my mike turned up today because Adam and the kids said they could hear me really well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Even without mercury...root canals and cavatations can cause serious health problems. On LymeNET I've read that root canals can be harmful enough that one cannot fully recover from Lyme while having root canals in the mouth.

If I'm remembering correctly root canals can create a very toxic environment....this by itself can push someone with Lyme over the edge.

That's why I'm thinking of having mine pulled. I need to call another dentist and see what they charge for things. I've already contacted one that is mercury (maybe toxic) free. They do do root canals though.

I've read everything you've posted. Lots of good info again. We are getting ready to go on our weekly shopping trip.

Andrea....yeah Dr. K. and Dr. Amy are in your state. Amy's got her own clinic now....I think its Bellvue?? Is this close to you??

If you did ever see Amy...I'm betting you'd be the healthiest people shes ever tested!! I think they are used to only seeing very sick people and Autistic kids.

Bellevue is about 3 hours away, so it's close enough. I'm sure we would be the healthiest. It's just not easy finding anyone who does ART.

Who knows, lyme could be hiding with us although I still would think mercury, cavitations is behind all our intolerances. The kids still have dark eyes and since the allergen foods have been removed that should have gone away.

See, I've got two root canals...the first one was done in 1996 and that tooth is the one where I get the horrible jaw pain that radiates. Hum, I'm wondering if I should have that pulled.

One more thing to contemplate. Don't you hate it?

Rachel,

Can't the rods they use for the replacement teeth be stainless steel. That's what they looked like in the video I saw. My husband has a screw in his knee which I would assume is stainless steel. I hope it doesn't have mercury.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Can't the rods they use for the replacement teeth be stainless steel. That's what they looked like in the video I saw. My husband has a screw in his knee which I would assume is stainless steel. I hope it doesn't have mercury.

Stainless steel has nickel, which isn't good. Sometimes there's nothing we can do about it though ... I guess it's the safest metal we have that's strong enough for this stuff. I can't imagine what's in the glue holding my braces on.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Had to do this in two parts cuz I said I had more than the maximum allowed quotes, lol. :lol: !!!

:lol::lol:

Welcome to the world of racheling emoticons, quotes and posts in general. :P

See, I've got two root canals...the first one was done in 1996 and that tooth is the one where I get the horrible jaw pain that radiates.

I'm going to start looking into this stuff now. Its kind of scary about root canals. :ph34r:

This is some of what I've read this morning.

Root canal teeth are dead teeth and seldom hurt.

I had 12 of them at one time and never had a pain.

They kill quietly by releasing the most deadly toxins known to man - mercaptans and thioethers.

They drip drip that into your system as long as the root canals remain. Most root canals fail eventually. "Root canals cause cavitations." These words straight from a research/scientist who has been dealing with little else for many years. He was ALS/wheelchair and removed all his root canals. He is well today after many oral surgeries to remove the damaged jawbone, the hiding place for the pathogens/bugs/critters.

TOPAS test done in the dental chair for little money will tell within minutes whether a root canal is still okay or has already failed. The tooth has to be agitated by tapping or chewing a couple of minutes before the test is done. Only then are the test results valid.

Any patient that Dr. K. sees with a chronic disease from simple to cancer, the root canals are the first to go, because they are contributing toxins that are more toxic than any toxin known to man. I have posted about this forever and I had 12 root canals myself. I am only sitting here talking to you, well and healthy, because I had these teeth taken out.

Mercury is a toxin - there is hardly another one that is worse. Thioethers and mercaptans in root filled teeth are worse.

Ok thats scary to me. :blink:

Heres all that I know about my teeth.

-- Had 4 amalgams...all gone now...replaced with composites.

-- Had one root canal (while I was already really sick).....it made me worse.

-- After one year I went ahead and pulled the tooth....I felt better....obviously not "cured" but I was already sick prior to the root canal.

-- 4 wisdom teeth pulled as a teenager.

I think after getting sick I instinctively made some of the right decisions by getting those stupid gold crowns taken out, getting all the amalgam out, getting the root canal pulled....although it was dumb that I got it to begin with. :(

I read that Lyme likes to hang out in the toxic areas of the body. Obviously in my case....its my head. :(

The source of the toxins in in my head. It could be from the metals for sure...but I also think its possible there is some other source that I dont know about. Maybe bacteria?? :unsure:

When Dr. Rick tested me for a long list of infections I came back normal for everything. However, my IgG was below what is condisered normal.....because of that even if I had an infection....it wouldnt show up positive.

He took all the highest numbers and went by that. It just so happened that all of my highest "normal" numbers were oral bacteria.

He sent me to a dentist to check for infections. The dentist only checked the area where the root canaled tooth was. He ran a lasar all around the area and said if I suddenly felt better at any time during that day...there is bacteria in that area. I dint notice any improvement though.

At that time I was taking metronidazole and I was pretty messed up from it. I dont know if the antibiotic could have interfered with his laser test?? My jaw was really tight....the dentist said I had some real bad TMJ and jaw problems.

I asked if my jaw is permantly damaged or could it get better?? :unsure:

He said..."Yeah it can get better."

I said "How?"

He said....(and I remember this very clearly) "You need to find out what is dragging your immune system down....then your jaw can get better."

So I feel 1000% certain the source of toxicity came from my teeth. It could not have been from root canal since I didnt have any at the time I got sick.

I think I got alot worse after the root canal because my body was already too toxic and could not handle the toxins released by the root canal. It was only in for one year so I think I'm ok with that...I felt better getting it out.

I think I have bacteria infection in my mouth...definately around the area where my gold crowns were and the bone growth that got in that area....another possibility would be the area where my wisdom teeth used to be.

All these areas would harbor infections now that I had all that metal poisoning. I need to find out if theres anything else I need to address with my teeth...or just concentrate on chelation as far as dealing with the bacteria, Lyme and candida that are living in my head and sinuses right now.

Man...this really sucks. :angry:

Donna...maybe get some opinions about the root canals...especially since you've got pain radiating there. It sounds like this could be a major source of toxicity for you...maybe worse than the mercury.

Go to LymeNET and do a search on root canals.....you will find massive amounts of info. on this...in regards to recovery.

I'm still gonna be spending time learning and posting about root canals even though I dont have any. It sounds like an important piece of the puzzle for alot of people. Some people dont get better until they've dealt with the root canals.

Sounds like you dont get better until you really address the biggest source of what is allowing Lyme and other infections to thrive in the body. There could be more than one source of major toxicity. Seems like dental stuff is pretty HUGE.

Heres the question...

Is it possible to successfully heal lyme and not deal with these root canaled teeth?

Two different answers..

I have been feeling 90+% well over this past year, often 100%, and I definitely have dental work that needs to be addressed. So while I will buy it that you can recover from Lyme symptoms without pulling the root canals, it is still not good to have on-going infection in your mouth, it can make you sick all over in its own right, and lead to complications, such as heart problems.

Interestingly, when I relapsed last year, one of my wisdom teeth emerged, and rotted immediately, right down to the gumline. This year the other one broke through, and it is doing fine. I've heard too many stories of Lyme and teeth for this to be a coincidence.

I have several root canals. I am 95% well. I don't believe they have interfered with my treatment.

To me it seems like alot of people start having problems with their teeth once they get sick. I think its because the teeth are a big source of toxicity and the infections start invading these areas. :unsure:

Anyways...alot more to read. There are people on LymeNET describing the same type of deterioration of their teeth that NGG is talking about....I dont know what it all means though. :huh:

I read that when any chronically ill patient of Dr. K's is not willing to adress the amalgams and root canals....he will not continue treating them. He feels its a waste of time, money and effort....he doesnt feel a person can recover without dealing with it.

This was also a large part of my visit with Dr. Amy. She asked me all about my dental stuff....the amalgams, wisdom teeth, root canals, bridges, etc.

I dont know what the truth is but it all sounds important enough to not ignore. :unsure:

Remember, most dentists who today still do root canals and use toxic metals in your mouth have lost all sense for reasoning and logic and are probably very ill themselves.

LOL...so maybe this was my dentists problem?? :blink:

Anyways...my dentist did not appear healthy to me.....he looked kind of sickly. :huh:

I remember thinking that from the first time I saw him...there was something "odd" about him....and yeah...he certainly lost all sense for logic cuz he did everything possible to make my body as toxic as it could possibly be. :angry:

I have met more mercury toxic dentists that are looking for help to get well. About 20% of all dentists in Canada are on disability. The Canadian Government had the nerve to do a count.

Wow...I'm not surprised though. <_<

Dentists also have the highest rate of suicide.

Ok...its sunny out...I'm gonna go play in the the sun with Bear (my dog). :)

dlp252 Apprentice
I found a list of stuff to think about when going after Lyme...

Just some to be paid attention to:

Viral infections

Mold and fungi

Food allergies

Parasites are a major problem for all chronically ill

Heavy Metals affects all chronically ill

Chemical toxins

Dental toxins / hidden dental infections causing enormous problems that no one would suspect

especially wisdom teeth sites (with or without teeth)

Emotional garbage

Structural problems that hinder lymphatic drainage

Geopathic stress

Electromagnetic stress, especially nearby microwave towers

If you miss addressing these, mainly heavy metals and dental, - Lyme Disease can persist for a very long time.

Yep, I got most of those. Infections/viral stuff seems huge for me.

I got my report from Scott. For Primary Organ Stress: Thyroid (Lyme-related)

Infections: Borrelia, Bartonella, Babesia, Ehrlichia, H. Pylori, CMV (he said this is common)

Summary: Showed some blocckages in the matrix which the CGF chlorella was very important to address. ...strongly suggest doing it (chlorella) reglarly to support detox.

The H. Pylori energies seemed to be neutralized by teh HVS Bacterial Detoxosode (one of the supplements Anna gave me about 3 or so weeks ago).

"Donna also seemed to have a viral issue which may be acute and responded to Nature's Way Sambucol."

Do you have an idea of which one?? I guess that will be your next task.

Not yet, but I'm also thinking it may not be a bad thing entirely...it may not be the most pleasant thing, but as long as I get plenty of fluids, I'm thinking it might be okay to flush out the junk.

Well thats a relief....I guess there are some lucky folks out there...but then again I was one of the ones he didnt find it in.

He's tested alot more people since I saw him...so I'm sure he will find lots more that dont show evidence of Lyme. Also...I'm sure he also counts those he sees while assisting Amy.

He DID say that he was using some techniques he learned from Amy on me which he didn't use on you, so I bet if he had seen you afterwards he would have found it.

Hmmm.... maybe it was my sulfur issue??

Sulfur was testing fine for me but I felt really positive it was NOT fine so she retested the pathway and found out yeah....it was blocked. It was cysteine though...one of the 4 sulfur amino acids. So sulfur itself wasnt showing up as a problem but yeah my sulfation pathway was still messed up.

Yes, that's it...it was the sulfur thing.

I hope so...that way I can talk to him about without trying to explain it to him.

Yeah...maybe you just need NDF...that would be awesome.

If you see Dr. S. he will want to order Western Blots...then he will probably want to put you on Cats Claw. The same stuff I take...it also tests well in ART for me.

I might have Anna test me for it some time just to see...I see some on her shelf.

This time, we were under stress, but I also got very ill and took 21 days of doxy ... I think the doxy stirred up the Lyme ... it had been living in my dormant until then. We get along okay when it's dormant! My doctor's assistant said this is why people feel worse when they get on meds, it wakes up the bacteria. Herxing contributes, too, but just the fact that more of the bacteria is active makes you feel worse, too.

I think I was one of those people who had it in a dormant state until then. I had a few symptoms, but nothing that affected my life in any significant way. Drinking would sometimes make me sick after only a drink or two, and others I'd be fine ... but I never could have more than a couple drinks. I also had minor fatigue and got heat exhaustion very easily. So, I know it was there.

Yes, see, I felt HORRIBLE during those three years I was taking so many antibiotics, it was like a vicious cycle. I'd feel bad, they'd give me antibiotics and prednisone, I'd feel well for about a week, then get sick again. I'm still wondering if those antibiotics didn't shake stuff up.

I get the same way from 1 drink...major fatigue, diarrhea, brain fog, feeling like I haven't slept in weeks, etc.

Who knows, lyme could be hiding with us although I still would think mercury, cavitations is behind all our intolerances. The kids still have dark eyes and since the allergen foods have been removed that should have gone away.

One more thing to contemplate. Don't you hate it?

Yep, my dark eyes didn't go away with allergy treatment either. They're still black and puffy, but sunken in at the same time.

This is some of what I've read this morning.

Ok thats scary to me.

Very scary!

Donna...maybe get some opinions about the root canals...especially since you've got pain radiating there. It sounds like this could be a major source of toxicity for you...maybe worse than the mercury.

Go to LymeNET and do a search on root canals.....you will find massive amounts of info. on this...in regards to recovery.

I dont know what the truth is but it all sounds important enough to not ignore.

Yep, I think I should get some opinions. I should have asked Dr. Adams what he thinks about it...if he thinks they're okay I may have to go somewhere else. Hum, maybe I should also bring that up with Dr. Rick.

Anyways...my dentist did not appear healthy to me.....he looked kind of sickly.

Mine looked "droopy"...not necessarily sick, but just like he had no energy.

Well, Rachel is right, it is beautiful here and I may need to get out and take a walk in it, lol.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I am glad you are finally identifying the source of D. Sorry to hear that came back. I did not tolerate Valerian Root as a teenager. I took it to calm my nerves once, and crapped out the entire capsule contents the next morning! It even smelled like the herb. It is like it did not digest at all except for the capsule covering! I apologize if that is too much detail! :lol:

Dear Rachel,

I have read a lot about root canals being bad for the immune system, but I have read just as much about how bad getting teeth extracted is. Now I am just confused and scared. That chipping off is worrisome. This only began the last few years or so, and I have never had a filling up until last year when I got a root canal! I refused anything other than composite due to the dangers of mercury I had read.

I need to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. If I get those other two (which are rotted into the bone) out instead of rooted, I will have to get a partial. Those can leach mercury as well. I am not sure there are any good options here. This is so frustrating! :(

All I know is, Lyme is a possibility. The problems with feeling weird all over, and balance issues, and those heart palpitations really make getting things done difficult. Fatigue is hard to deal with. Sometimes doing the dishes is exhausting. Brain fog does not help with the school work. Being a full time college student is very hard when you cannot think.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

AndreaB Contributor

I did a little looking today and found out that dental implants are secured with a titanium rod.

The problem with tooth extractions comes from whether the dentist/surgeon knows about cavitations and what to do to prevent them. They need to scrape the bone. If that is done you should be ok. Shifting teeth and implants, dentures, bridges or whatever would be another issue.

tabasco32 Apprentice

What is ART? I live in Fresno California could their be one near here? I would like more info and what they do.

I hope everyone had a good easter.

Lisa

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Well reading stuff on LymeNET has managed to scare me a wee bit. :ph34r:

I think I overwhelmed myself with too much info at once...its never good for my brain...especially when the stuff is scary. :o

When I try to read up on things on that board nearly every thread has bickering and fighting. I guess its hard for everyone to get along and just appreciate that we're all in this together...just trying to get better. The conflicts stress me out and confuse me....not knowing what to believe. :unsure:

So yeah...I'm remembering what Dr. S. told me about research. Its good that I'm proactive and getting informed...but not good if its stressing me out or giving me bad dreams. :ph34r:

I feel better now that I spent alot of time outside today. :)

I appreciate that we have respect for one another here and I'm grateful that I have you guys. :wub:

I'll probably give my brain a break....for at least a day or so. :P

AndreaB Contributor
What is ART? I live in Fresno California could their be one near here? I would like more info and what they do.

Lisa

Rachel and Donna live somewhere around the bay area.

Their bioset practitioner is found Open Original Shared Link and the person who does ART uses her clinic.

Hope that helps.

AndreaB Contributor
I appreciate that we have respect for one another here and I'm grateful that I have you guys. :wub:

This thread is definately respectful and I feel the same way.

I was thinking, by the time we can get ART done IF they happen to find lyme I don't even know if this thread would be around to report it. :unsure: We'll see if we can swing in for that next fall so we've got to keep this thread going for at least another 1 1/2 years. :P

Hubby heard something on the radio about a hiking trail off a highway the runs east/west on the southern border of Washington. The county in question is in eastern washington along the Columbia River. The area had a sign up that warned of "Ticks, Rattlesnakes, Cliff Edges...". The person said ticks were jumping all over the place... :o ....and Washington is supposed to be a low risk area. Eastern Washington wasn't even listed as a small threat on the maps. We are in Western Washington. I am thankful we don't have rattlesnakes though. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I hope you had a good Easter as well. :)

ART is a type of muscle testing. I dont know if you've ever had any experience with alternative type stuff??

I never had done anything alternative until recently when I started changing my Dr.'s and getting diagnosed with this stuff.

ART is hard to explain but its sort of an advanced form of muscle testing...suppossed to be the most accurate. The practitioner tests you for all sorts of issues...bacteria, fungus, metals, parasites, organ stress, etc.....just all sorts of things. They identify the infections or whatever else is causing the biggest stress on your body.

They also test whatever supplements or meds you take to see if they're helping you or not. They can figure out which type of treatment works best for whatever problems you have. They test various treatments to see which has the most positive effect.

Like if you have a Lyme infection...they test different meds or supplements to see which one will work best on your infection...its not the same treatment for everyone....because everyone responds differently to things. What works for one person...may not work at all for the next person.

Heres a link which explains it.

Open Original Shared Link

Dr. Klinghardt....who is one of the worlds leading experts in mercury toxicity is also the "inventor" of ART. My Dr. was his partner for a few years so she had extensive training in all this stuff.

There are lots of Dentists and Dr.'s who have been trained in ART....they would most likely be biological dentists or Dr.'s who practice integrative medicine, alternative, etc.

I dont know if anyone in Fresno is practicing ART...I'm not sure how to find ART practitioners but I could probably find out if you were interested.

I have yet to hear anything negative about ART....it seems to guide people back to health. The test pinpoints what the problems are and what the body needs to correct those problems.

My Dr. is in another state and only comes here to treat patients once every 3 months...so I'll get ART tested every time she comes. The test is only as good as the practitioner who's doing it...so its inportant to get someone who knows what they're doing......like with anything else you dont want someone inexperienced.

Hope that helps. Dont ask me exactly how it works.....cuz that stuff is way over my head. :unsure:

I've had it done twice now....once by a guy in my area who is not a Dr.

He's been working with my Dr. (he is a patient or hers as well).....assisting her and basically learning how to perform the test. So he tested me for the experience....that was a couple months ago.

Then I got tested again a couple weeks ago when the Dr. came to my area. I was a new patient...it was my first time seeing her. So now she started me on a treatment plan and I'll continue seeing her and having ART done until I get better.

Shes not my only Dr....but shes the only one who does ART.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Their bioset practitioner is found Open Original Shared Link and the person who does ART uses her clinic.

Yeah...thats where I go for BioSET...and thats Anna....my BioSET lady. :)

Anna's the one that hooked me up with this new Dr. who does ART.

christine 25 Newbie
Dear Rachel,

I would appreciate it if you did post the info! Oh no! What am I going to do? One-fourth of that tooth is gone practically, and the other is chipping off more by the day! I am so freaked :o

My amalgam in the root canal is composite. I refused to have any metal put in there. I had trouble way before that. I read in my research that extractions can be just as detrimental if not more so to immunity, though. I cannot afford to get a partial. What am I going to do? Plus, partials can have mercury in them. It feels like a no-win situation.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dont despair, i dont think you will have to get all your teeth pulled and wear dentures.

I had 3 root canals done this year, and three crowns placed, all porcelain crowns with no metal coping. The brand is called Lava. you can look up Lava crowns online. They arent the typical porcelain fused to metal crowns, they are porcelain fused to zirconia, which is very inert. I dont have a problem with them. I have two Lava crowns on my second molars on both sides (the very last teeth) had all 4 wisdom teeth out when I was 17,,, anywas Typically dentists frown upon doing all porcelain crowns on the back molars, and dental insurance will only pay for porcelain fused to metal, but my dentist was cool, I told him I had a metal allergy and that I was crazy in the head too. He laughed! I paid 1000 each for them, but thats typical anyways, but hey you want to keep your teeth dont you?

Also if you pulled them, and got dental implants that is even more expensive, and pain in the $$$, the rod they put in your mouth is titanium, which is pretty inert, but the then attach the "crown" onto that rather than a tooth, so you might as well keep what is left of the tooth, and go natural.

My root canals, werent bad, I just make sure to keep my crowns from breaking by relaxing my jaw at night no clenching while I sleep, the Lavas are strong, but not as stong as por/metal or gold crowns.

They should last me 8 years at least.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Dont despair, i dont think you will have to get all your teeth pulled and wear dentures.

I had 3 root canals done this year, and three crowns placed, all porcelain crowns with no metal coping. The brand is called Lava. you can look up Lava crowns online. They arent the typical porcelain fused to metal crowns, they are porcelain fused to zirconia, which is very inert. I dont have a problem with them. I have two Lava crowns on my second molars on both sides (the very last teeth) had all 4 wisdom teeth out when I was 17,,, anywas Typically dentists frown upon doing all porcelain crowns on the back molars, and dental insurance will only pay for porcelain fused to metal, but my dentist was cool, I told him I had a metal allergy and that I was crazy in the head too. He laughed! I paid 1000 each for them, but thats typical anyways, but hey you want to keep your teeth dont you?

Also if you pulled them, and got dental implants that is even more expensive, and pain in the $$$, the rod they put in your mouth is titanium, which is pretty inert, but the then attach the "crown" onto that rather than a tooth, so you might as well keep what is left of the tooth, and go natural.

My root canals, werent bad, I just make sure to keep my crowns from breaking by relaxing my jaw at night no clenching while I sleep, the Lavas are strong, but not as stong as por/metal or gold crowns.

They should last me 8 years at least.

Dear Christine25,

Whew! Thank you so much for the info! I can get out of panic mode now, then maybe. ;) I am going to look Lava up! My teeth are really bothering me. They just get worse and worse. I certainly do want to keep my teeth! My father got false teeth and went through a lot of misery! :( Besides, those are my two favorite molars, and I miss chewing on them. I have to have root canals to save them. I will call Dr. Blackburn's office and ask about it. I do not have dental insurance anyway. My grandfather is taking care of my teeth. He kind of feels responsible since bad teeth run in the family! I am really worried I have a bone infection from it, or will develop one. I still need to have my wisdom teeth removed.

Dear Andrea,

So I could still have the root canals? I just need to be sure the dentist scrapes around the bone, and knows how to prevent cavitations in it? Can I stop freaking out? Is it okay? Will it be alright?

Dear Rachel,

AWWWW! We love you too! :wub: We are glad we can discuss things maturely and respect each other's points of view. It is so rediculous how people get into crazy arguments. I know what you mean with the information overload. I think that is part of my trouble with school, too. There is so much we have to do before the end of the week, it is difficult to cram all of that in your head!

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the chocolate bar info! I love my chocolate! I forgot about that kind. They also make really good chocolate chips I hear! The Chocolate Emporium has some stuff that looks really good, too. I would love to have some of those truffles!

Dear Lisa,

I hope you had a nice Easter, too! I mostly slept! My grandparents on my mother's side had a gathering as usual, but it was just too painful to be around all of that food I cannot eat! :( I treated myself to a Three Musketeers, which has dairy I should not eat. It does not effect me so much in that, but in pudding, it really bothers my stomach. I am not certain as to why, though.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

miamia Rookie
Well reading stuff on LymeNET has managed to scare me a wee bit. :ph34r:

I think I overwhelmed myself with too much info at once...its never good for my brain...especially when the stuff is scary. :o

When I try to read up on things on that board nearly every thread has bickering and fighting. I guess its hard for everyone to get along and just appreciate that we're all in this together...just trying to get better. The conflicts stress me out and confuse me....not knowing what to believe. :unsure:

So yeah...I'm remembering what Dr. S. told me about research. Its good that I'm proactive and getting informed...but not good if its stressing me out or giving me bad dreams. :ph34r:

I feel better now that I spent alot of time outside today. :)

I'll probably give my brain a break....for at least a day or so. :P

Rachel-

this sounds like a good idea- I remember when we all started to realize more about MSG and there was so much info on everything it was in at the time I was trying to avoid so much I felt so overwhelmed with info I had to just step back becasue I felt like I was gonna go crazy!! God I am so jealous you spent time outside . It was so cold here it has been a good 20 degrees below the normal temp.

I hate negative threads or threads where people are unwilling to listen to eachother without critisizing. Everyone is different the whole point of these threads and sites to me are support and sharing info- both positive things . When you are someone struggling with illness like we all are there is enough negativity around us we need positivity!!!

Donna-

Wow on th lyme news. I guess its good that you have one more key to figuring out what ou have to do to get better.

Happy easter to everyone !!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I had 3 root canals done this year, and three crowns placed, all porcelain crowns with no metal coping.

My understanding about the root canals making people sick is that its not so much about the metals...although I'm sure if you already have a problem with metals it wouldnt help matters. Its more about having a "dead" tooth in the mouth which can release toxins that would poison the body causing illness. It has to do with residual infections and toxins.

Supposedly the toxins are the most toxic substance known to man...worse than mercury. :blink:

That was my understanding....so yeah...I got scared by all that...even though I dont have any root canals its still scary stuff.

A "root canal" allows a patient to keep a dead tooth in his or her mouth. The fallacy with this concept is that the body doesn't like dead things in it and will try, sometimes desperately, to get rid of the dead thing. Notwithstanding, the fact that it may be "handy" to save a tooth for "dental convenience", it does not change the fact that root canal treatments can devastate the human immune system. Twenty million root canals are performed in the U.S. annually, and this number is estimated to double within the next few years.

You can read about it here....its more an issue of having something "dead" in the body...than an issue of metals.

Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice

So I've been thinking more about the ART/BioSET Rachel/Donna testing, lol. It fascinates me, but I'm too foggy brained to really think too much about it. :P Anyway, I find it fascinating that Rachel was tested at BioSET and found right away to have lyme and in ART was not found right away to have Lyme. I was not found to have lyme with BioSET but was found right away to have it with ART. Scott did say he tested me in "reverse" (which just means that when he had a strong arm it was bad, but when he had a weak arm it was good)...not sure why, but he was using a technique that he learned when Amy was here. I'm wondering if somehow my energy...which seems to kill batteries and stuff, lol, also makes it more difficult to get readings at BioSET, but if the right filters are used makes it easier in ART and maybe even BioSET. Something to ponder for me today, lol. :lol:

am glad you are finally identifying the source of D. Sorry to hear that came back. I did not tolerate Valerian Root as a teenager. I took it to calm my nerves once, and crapped out the entire capsule contents the next morning! It even smelled like the herb. It is like it did not digest at all except for the capsule covering! I apologize if that is too much detail! :lol:

Hum, I was thinking it was mostly my "morning" supplements, but I'm not sure that makes sense cuz they aren't in my system long enough by the time I get the D to cause it, so I bet it's one of the "evening" supplements which would include the valerian root, calcium, melatonin and the new one 5-HTP. I'll try going without the valerian root tonight.

The problem with tooth extractions comes from whether the dentist/surgeon knows about cavitations and what to do to prevent them.

Trying to file this away in my brain for future reference. :lol:

Well reading stuff on LymeNET has managed to scare me a wee bit.

I think I overwhelmed myself with too much info at once...its never good for my brain...especially when the stuff is scary.

When I try to read up on things on that board nearly every thread has bickering and fighting. I guess its hard for everyone to get along and just appreciate that we're all in this together...just trying to get better. The conflicts stress me out and confuse me....not knowing what to believe.

So yeah...I'm remembering what Dr. S. told me about research. Its good that I'm proactive and getting informed...but not good if its stressing me out or giving me bad dreams.

Yep, I really get overwhelmed easily these days...I'm trying to take the info in a little at a time and that helps. I used to have such a great memory, and in selective cases I still do--like at work, but for other stuff, yikes.

I feel better now that I spent alot of time outside today.

Yeah, I went out for my walk and it really felt good to be out in the sun.

I appreciate that we have respect for one another here and I'm grateful that I have you guys.

I'll probably give my brain a break....for at least a day or so.

You have no idea how much I/we are grateful for you!! :wub: Good plan on the brain break. :lol:

I was thinking, by the time we can get ART done IF they happen to find lyme I don't even know if this thread would be around to report it. :unsure: We'll see if we can swing in for that next fall so we've got to keep this thread going for at least another 1 1/2 years.

We'll try, lol. :lol:

Hubby heard something on the radio about a hiking trail off a highway the runs east/west on the southern border of Washington. The county in question is in eastern washington along the Columbia River. The area had a sign up that warned of "Ticks, Rattlesnakes, Cliff Edges...". The person said ticks were jumping all over the place... :o ....and Washington is supposed to be a low risk area. Eastern Washington wasn't even listed as a small threat on the maps. We are in Western Washington. I am thankful we don't have rattlesnakes though. :)

I was telling my mom a little about the ART session and that they found lyme, but was also saying that I am just not sure how I could have gotten it...I did the hiking thing in Vermont for a week...that's certainly a possibility and I've done hiking around here too, both in wooded and grassy areas. Did hiking in Hawaii in forested and grassy areas a bit too. Been in the jungles of Guatemala but I don't think there are ticks there, lol. My mom says "but don't you have trees and bushes here" :lol: Okay, you've got a point, lol. Ticks travel and people and pets come here from all over the world and oddly so do plants and bushes, lol. I did ask whether she had any ticks as a young person, but she said no, not that she remembers, course she moved here when the area was still undeveloped and grassy, orchardy...

Donna-

Wow on th lyme news. I guess its good that you have one more key to figuring out what ou have to do to get better.

That's how I'm looking at it. I'm actually a little relieved about this because I was so afraid of having to do the chelation for metals and spending a fortune on it...after this session, finding out that the supplements seem to really help is just exciting.

AndreaB Contributor
Dear Andrea,

So I could still have the root canals? I just need to be sure the dentist scrapes around the bone, and knows how to prevent cavitations in it? Can I stop freaking out? Is it okay? Will it be alright?

Having a root canal or not is a personal decision. There has been much brought to light about them as Rachel has posted.

Cavitations are what you need to worry about if you have your teeth pulled.

Donna,

As far as you and picking up lyme, I thought it was pretty prevalent in the area you had hiked in before in California. This was months ago we were talking about that. I would also think Vermont would be a possibility. I don't think dog ticks are common carriers but that is a possibility as well.

Archived