This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
it also doesn't say what type of diagnostic kinesiology is used... I guess maybe they could just use your bioset or art results though I assume they have a type of kinesiology they practice... I'd check on the details behind their diagnostic testing as well...

Charlie,

It says they use muscle testing...

The diagnostic process uses kinesiology (muscle testing). The patient is tested against various toxins that show up in the body. Key findings indicate whether the rapid laser detoxification would likely be helpful for the patient.

would also to like know more about how a substance inside your body that your immune system sees as foreign/dangerous for whatever reason is negated through this LED treatment... for example, say a person has mercury toxicity... the website states that "mercury is taken up by most parasites and certain other microbes in the body"... as it is my understanding, mercury does not strictly bind to parasites and microbes... it goes on to state that "when these microbes are killed, the mercury dumps back into the body and may need to be treated again"... first off, I guess the LED treatment is killing microbes, at least in this instance, but I'd like to know more about how this specifically works... and what happens to any mercury that is in connective tissue, body organs, or bound to anything besides parasites/microbes?

My understanding is that LED is used for heavy metals and other various toxic substances which may be stored in the bodies tissues. I dont believe its used for "killing" bacteria or parasites or any types of infections.

Mercury does bind with bacteria, parasites, candida etc. Basically all mercury toxic people have infections. I thought that the article was stating that once you are detoxed of mercury as you go about addressing your infections with various treatments (antibiotics, supplements or whatever) you will then be dumping more metals into your system as you kill off the microbes.

After this you may need to get treated for mercury detox again....because of what is getting released as infections die off. I do not believe that the LED kills infections...at least that was not the impression that I got.

and how exactly is the mercury treated when it is freed from the microbes? the site seems to imply that mercury is simply treated with a 3-5 minute LED treatment, and mercury is no longer an issue in most cases... this seems odd to me... is the mercury still in the body and just no longer dangerous to a person? I'd have a hard time seeing this to be the case... is the mercury somehow removed from the body from this 5 minute LED treatment? I'd be even more surprised if this was the case... overall, I can't really get a grasp on how the mercury is treated and no longer hazardous to the health of the patient...

The treatment is suppossed to get the body to release the toxic substance (in this case mercury) and there will be a rapid detox. It says it detoxes in 24 hours what would normally be detoxed in 50-100 days.

I did not read that the mercury is no longer an issue after one 5 minute treatment?? :huh:

It depends on the person...how toxic they are, etc. What I read is that people with chronic illness generally need anywhere from 10-15 treatments to get better. I guess if you were only slightly toxic and not very sick you could get away with one treatment....I dont think thats normally the case.

They work in layers...not much different than Bioset or ART...They use kinesiology to identify the most toxic substance in the body and then detox it...with however many treatments of LED are necessary. Then they move on to the next most toxic substance (usually another metal) and so on and so on.

I read that out-of-towners who see the Dr. stay for one week at a time and get treated every 25 hours for that week.

The mercury is not "treated" so that it stays in the body and is no longer hazardous. The object is for the mercury to come out...to get detoxed.....just at a more rapid rate than some of the other available detox methods.

When you kill off microbes...mercury gets detoxed again...in the same manner they do it the first time around. The killing of microbes is not part of LED.

in regards to the testimonials on the side: I would personally prefer to see testimonials written by the actual patients/parents of patients as opposed to a listing like this of different patient experiences from the perspective of the practice or whoever wrote this... also, the testimonials are using words like "essentially normal" and "essentially well" to describe the patients.. I'd like to know more as to how far the patients have recovered... for the case of the autistic kid who is now "essentially normal", is he now neurotypical or still on the autism spectrum?

I'm trying to find out more as well....I have to ask my Dr.'s as they would be more familiar with it. I understand Dr. Amy will be doing this type of treatment in the future....so I'm sure she knows about how it works in comparison with other methods of treatment. I plan on finding out what I can.

I read whatever I could find online for now....unfortunately, when stuff is new there is not alot of info. out there.

Same with ART....but now that I have some experience with it and know of others who practice it or use this method of treatment...so far only good things have been said about it. I have yet to hear anything negative....although noone really can explain *how* it works...it just seems to work and people who use it as a tool seem to progress in the right direction.

So right now....since I dont know anyone who's actually done LED....I'll have to see what the Dr.'s say. If it doesnt work for everyone...then they will say that it doesnt work for everyone. In other words...I trust my Dr.'s and what they have to say....they dont try to blow smoke. I'm figuring if Amy wants to learn it....then it must be really helping people.

When I find out more about it I will post whatever I learn. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Here is a great article on Lyme. Be sure to go to page 2 as well.

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for posting that Carla.

Interesting article.

Sounds like critters aside from ticks are more common than I originally thought. :huh:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This is from the Lyme link that Carla posted...

Clinical Diagnosis

The doctors the authors interviewed all had their own testing preferences, but each insisted that Lyme was a clinical diagnosis, only supported by testing -- and retesting.

"We look at the patient's history and symptoms, genetic tendencies, metabolism, past immune function problems or infection," explains Dr. Bock, "as well as history and duration of antibiotic treatment, co-infection, nutritional and micronutritional status and also psychospiritual factors."

Dr. Tang uses all of the above, but also analyzes the blood using darkfield microscopy -- although she cautions that not spotting the spirochete doesn't mean that the patient does not have Lyme disease.

Dr. Cowden also employs muscle testing and electrodermal screening. Dr. Burrascano has developed a weighted list of diagnostic criteria and an exhaustive symptom checklist.

"In pediatric screening especially," says Dr. Jones, "we ask about sudden, sometimes subtle, changes in behavior or cognitive function -- such as losing skills or losing the ability to learn new material; not wanting to play or go outside; running a fever; being sensitive to light or noise.

If one has joint phenomena, we know that an inflammatory or infectious process is present. A hallmark of Lyme is fatigue unrelieved by rest."

For women, Dr. Barkley has found that testing around the time of menses increases the probability of discovering the presence of Bb. "Women with Lyme have an exacerbation of their symptoms around menses," she explains.

"The decline of both estrogen and progesterone at the end of the menstrual cycle is associated with the worsening of the patient's Lyme symptoms."

I had forgotten about this but when I had that discussion with Dr. Harris at Igenix he did tell me to test during my period. We were only discussing the urine test at that time....because I had already gotten the Western Blots. I had assumed the menses thing was only important for this particular test...but it sounds like maybe its best to take even the WB's at this time of the month for more accurate results.

Interesting. Donna....you might wanna ask about that since you're getting ready to take the tests. You could probably even call Igenix and ask him.

I still have the kit that Dr. Harris gave me....it was for this test...

Lyme Dot Blot/PCR Panel - #875. This panel looks for pieces of the bacteria in urine as well as DNA of B. burgdorferi in the urine. Most physicians use an antibiotic challenge to make the test more sensitive. The antibiotic protocol, as well as the general instructions can be found in the urine testing kit available from the laboratory. You may also call IGeneX for a copy of the protocol.

He also gave me a copy of the antibiotic protocols if anyones ever wanting it. I dont know if it was specific for this test only...or all Lyme tests.

Charlie....it says this in the above quote...

Dr. Cowden also employs muscle testing and electrodermal screening.

Obviously this is referring to his methods of testing for Lyme...along with clinical diagnosis....but this is the Dr. who developed LED so I'm assuming his methods for diagnosing heavy metals and other toxic substances is the same....so it would be both muscle testing and electrodermal screening.

This gives a little more insight about LED...not so much how it works...but more about what to expect if your getting treated.

The key points are as follows:

1. All therapies work better when the patient is well hydrated and nutritionally replete. Our usual nutritional recommendations apply to patients undergoing LED. Specific to LED, hydration is particularly important - please consume one liter of spring water, slowly, over the day you receive LED. If mineral deficiency is suspected, please add Trace Minerals Relax, 2 droppers in a large glass of spring water twice a day.

2. A lymph flow procedure prior to LED is helpful, either dry skin brushing at home, 10 min. on the Chi machine or a 5 min. Ki lymph flow maneuver (see Ki instruction sheets).

3. Please take the recommended nutritional and detoxification supplements. Think of LED as

Rachel--24 Collaborator
This is clearer to me today, lol. I'm going to cut and paste this to a document so I can save it, lol.

Donna....thats basically my interpretation of how BioSET works....who knows though...maybe if Anna or Denise read it they would say "No....thats all wrong!". :lol::lol:

I'm just learning as I go. ;)

I think most of its pretty accurate but I'm not 100% sure if BioSET only picks up stuff that the immune system is sensitized to or if it can pick up *any* type of immune response.....like if the immune system is actively fighting an infection but is not actually "sensitive" to that infection.

If I can somehow manage to remember this question by next Thursday....I'm gonna ask about it. :)

Oh...I called Amy today....at BioSET....I asked her about the sauna. She said that they do have it there! :D

YAY...I'm cancelling my gym membership tomorrow. Anyways...the gym I go to sucks....they try to rip people off and I just got a letter in the mail about a lawsuit against them. Yeah...they make it hard for you to cancel the membership...then they continue to take money from your account after you've cancelled, etc.

When I joined the guy totally told me that I could go to *any* of the gyms...and I could also bring a guest if I want. He did say for sure that I could use my membership at any of the gyms.

Now that I'm staying at my moms all week and I wanna use the gym by her house.....nooooo....they are telling me that I need to "upgrade" my membership in order to have access to any gym. :blink:

WTH?? :angry:

So yeah...I could see why I got this letter about a lawsuit in the mail today. <_<

Anyways....Amy said it takes about 10 minutes for her or Anna to set up the sauna so if I dont wanna wait just call and tell her I'm coming and she can get it ready.

I guess they set it up on one of the beds or a table or something. I also asked her about wearing a bathing suit or not....she said generally people dont wear any clothing because you will sweat alot.....she said my head wont be in the sauna...but my head will still sweat. :)

So I'm gonna try it and see if I like it.

They have a 2 month pass where you can use it as much as you want for $250.

My mom said if I like it and I notice its helping me.....shes gonna get me that 2 month pass. :)

So Carla....do you think I'll notice a big difference from the one at the gym?? Do you think the mercury load will actually be lightened from the sauna....basically is it possible I will feel better?? :unsure:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I am so glad your horses sold! :) Now you can afford more medical treatment for you and the kids! These things are expensive, but well worth it. You cannot put a price on good health (although insurance companies manage to.) I think you guys will well be on your way to improvement soon!

Dear Rachel and Donna,

Thank you for the encouraging words. It is tough to be stuck here like this. I am tired of all of the crap going on. Have you ever wondered why sucky people seem to have it so good? There are people that take the Lord's name in vain all the time, cheat, lie, steal, and everything else, and they have money, good health, and everything else. It ticks me off! :angry:

Dear Donna,

What a bummer about oxygen! :( Sometimes I wonder if I am allergic to it, too. Air irritating your body is not so odd when you think about it. That is the single most important thing we live off of. We need to breathe so often, where we do not have to drink or eat quite as much.

Has the D stopped? Have you figured out which supplements were causing it? You have not posted much on it lately. I was wondering. Supplements do not always agree with you either I have found.

Dear Rachel,

I found what you said interesting about Lyme being worse around menses. My symptoms (including the nausea) tend to be cyclical. Though I have a period off and on all the time and have for the past two plus years, near the end of the month it always seems worse. That was when my period usually was before. I worry my doctor will not be open to the possibility. However, at the same time, I will never know unless I mention it this Tuesday.

Now for an update on Dart...he did well yesturday. He was back into trouble like usual! :lol: I am going to try and get a picture of him I took on here from my camera. He is cute, but quite silly. However, I think I may have figured out what was poisoning him...and it was my fault! :o

I looked up poisoning symptoms of dogs, and he matched up with chocolate! I realized he had been crunching something on the floor the other day. I realized, my Cocoa Pebbles may have spilled on the floor! :ph34r: I am really near-sighted, so I couldn't see them. The past couple days, I have been extremely careful, making sure not to spill any. So far, he is doing better! :)

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

dlp252 Apprentice
This is from the Lyme link that Carla posted...

I had forgotten about this but when I had that discussion with Dr. Harris at Igenix he did tell me to test during my period. We were only discussing the urine test at that time....because I had already gotten the Western Blots. I had assumed the menses thing was only important for this particular test...but it sounds like maybe its best to take even the WB's at this time of the month for more accurate results.

Interesting. Donna....you might wanna ask about that since you're getting ready to take the tests. You could probably even call Igenix and ask him.

:( Problem is, I can't tell when my period is...I had a hysterectomy in 2001, and for the life of me, I can't tell when my cycle is anymore. If I had to guess...I'd say now would have been the week, or the week before. :lol: I am all out of whack this week...emotional, cranky, extremely exhausted, craving Bumble Bars :lol: , can't sleep, feelings of the whole world out of whack. Yesterday I was so exhausted that at BioSET I had to ask someone to move their stuff off a chair so I could sit down...I actually felt like I might pass out if I didn't sit soon. (an aside: Denise told me if I ever felt like that again to tell them and they'd let me lay down in a room.) I can say that you've never met a person who was SOOOOO happy to have a hysterectomy as I was. My periods were horrible...really bad. So, if it's true that I have lyme, that would certainly make sense. My symptoms were like the ones I just mentioned, but much worse when I had my period...some of that got better after the surgery, but there always seems to be 1 or 2 weeks out of the month when I'm just a little "off". So it really does make sense to me.

Donna....thats basically my interpretation of how BioSET works....who knows though...maybe if Anna or Denise read it they would say "No....thats all wrong!".

I'm just learning as I go.

I think most of its pretty accurate but I'm not 100% sure if BioSET only picks up stuff that the immune system is sensitized to or if it can pick up *any* type of immune response.....like if the immune system is actively fighting an infection but is not actually "sensitive" to that infection.

If I can somehow manage to remember this question by next Thursday....I'm gonna ask about it.

Well, I'm 99.9% sure that it was my interpretation, not your explanation, lol. You're explanation was pretty close to what Denise said. They are looking for sensitivities, so my immune system could be fighting the lyme, but my body just isn't sensitive to it yet. So, what my body IS sensitive to right now is candida and metals and infections/viral stuff.

Oh...I called Amy today....at BioSET....I asked her about the sauna. She said that they do have it there! :D

YAY...I'm cancelling my gym membership tomorrow. Anyways...the gym I go to sucks....they try to rip people off and I just got a letter in the mail about a lawsuit against them. Yeah...they make it hard for you to cancel the membership...then they continue to take money from your account after you've cancelled, etc.

When I joined the guy totally told me that I could go to *any* of the gyms...and I could also bring a guest if I want. He did say for sure that I could use my membership at any of the gyms.

Now that I'm staying at my moms all week and I wanna use the gym by her house.....nooooo....they are telling me that I need to "upgrade" my membership in order to have access to any gym. :blink:

WTH?? :angry:

So yeah...I could see why I got this letter about a lawsuit in the mail today. <_<

Anyways....Amy said it takes about 10 minutes for her or Anna to set up the sauna so if I dont wanna wait just call and tell her I'm coming and she can get it ready.

I guess they set it up on one of the beds or a table or something. I also asked her about wearing a bathing suit or not....she said generally people dont wear any clothing because you will sweat alot.....she said my head wont be in the sauna...but my head will still sweat.

So I'm gonna try it and see if I like it.

They have a 2 month pass where you can use it as much as you want for $250.

My mom said if I like it and I notice its helping me.....shes gonna get me that 2 month pass. :)

I hate gyms, lol. :lol: Huh, a couple of weeks ago a guy came into BioSET while I was still in the waiting room...he asked Amy something, but I couldn't hear what it was. She had to go check on something but came back and said it would take about 10 minutes to set it up...I'll bet it was the sauna, lol. Anyway, I am so anxious to hear how you like it.

Has the D stopped? Have you figured out which supplements were causing it? You have not posted much on it lately. I was wondering. Supplements do not always agree with you either I have found.

Nope, it hasn't stopped. Well, so far this morning things look okay, but it's be almost pure water for a couple of weeks now...and going up to 5 times a day. I still haven't figured out which ones are doing it...I've gone back to thinking it may be the morning ones since many of them are liquid.

Or, it really just could be that three of the supplements I take are detox supplements and they are doing what they are supposed to. :lol:

Speaking of supplements...Denise gave me a couple of suggestions on the ones I take for sleeping. She said to not take the valerian root at bedtime because sometimes it has the opposite effect. When Anna originally tested that particular supplement she said my body could handle 2 at dinner and 2 at bed. But, I've been taking them for a while now, and I've only been taking the ones at bedtime. Yesterday Denise suggested I might want to give it a break to see how that works.

Scott told me my body really likes the melatonin, so I'll continue to take that for now.

On the 5-HTP, she asked if I have digestive issues, to which I said, um, YES, lol. Anyway, she says that seratonin is made in the gut and if I have issues with that I may have better luck taking the 5-HTP throughout the day so that when I go to bed the seratonin is there. (I thought 5-htp was the stuff in turkey, but I guess it helps makes seratonin??) Anyway, yesterday I tried those suggestions and I slept much better, plus this morning I don't feel like I have to run to the bathroom yet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm going to see Rachel's LLMD on the 24th for consultation and the western blots

Hey Donna...we are just missing each other again...my next appt with him is on the 27th. :P

One of these days we are bound to run into each other. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:( Problem is, I can't tell when my period is...I had a hysterectomy in 2001, and for the life of me, I can't tell when my cycle is anymore.

I knew that and yet I forgot. :ph34r:

I could see how that would make it a little tougher to figure out. :(

You know...if this board had that little emoticon where the guy is banging on his head with a hammer.....I think I might use that one quite frequently. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I dont get worse while I'm on my period....but the days leading up to it can be rough. Its not really consistent though. Sometimes I feel fine. :huh:

Many times the day right before I start I am exhausted....like all I want to do is sleep...its probably the only day of the month that I actually go to bed early. :lol:

If it happens to be a Saturday or Sunday...I could totally sleep the whole day away.

AndreaB Contributor
Now for an update on Dart...he did well yesturday. He was back into trouble like usual! :lol: I am going to try and get a picture of him I took on here from my camera. He is cute, but quite silly. However, I think I may have figured out what was poisoning him...and it was my fault! :o

I looked up poisoning symptoms of dogs, and he matched up with chocolate! I realized he had been crunching something on the floor the other day. I realized, my Cocoa Pebbles may have spilled on the floor! :ph34r: I am really near-sighted, so I couldn't see them. The past couple days, I have been extremely careful, making sure not to spill any. So far, he is doing better! :)

Hopefully that is the answer and he'll continue to improve.

Anyway, yesterday I tried those suggestions and I slept much better, plus this morning I don't feel like I have to run to the bathroom yet.

Yay on better sleep!!! I need to learn to go to bed earlier. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
So Carla....do you think I'll notice a big difference from the one at the gym?? Do you think the mercury load will actually be lightened from the sauna....basically is it possible I will feel better?? :unsure:

I don't know if you'll feel better or worse. :lol: You will notice a huge difference between the one at the gym and the far infrared. I was thinking the difference was exaggerated until I got in a regular sauna again.

When you sweat when you're working out or in a regular sauna, it's mostly water. But in a far infrared, it's only 80-85% water. I have a Sunlight Sauna and their single person sauna looks very nice. When you consider it will be $1500 per year to use the one at BioSET, you could easily justify purchasing your own if you like it. Mine is a fancy 3 person model, made from cedar with glass doors and a celiac disease player ... it was $5000, so I would think the single person model would be much less expensive.

I don't know if you'll notice a difference because like all the treatments we're going through, it's slow. I think you would still find it beneficial since you're having so much trouble detoxing. If you start detoxing some through your skin, it will take some of the load off your liver and kidneys. The Sunlight website has a lot of info about detoxing, even a page specifically on mercury detox and why it happens.

I actually feel worse much of time after my sauna. It raises my body temperature ... once I took my temp and hour afterward and it was 99.0. That stirs up the Lyme and makes it unhappy.

In fact, since we use natural family planning, I take my temperature every morning. It has gone up a whole degree and stayed up since I bought the sauna and did the salt/vitamin C therapy ... it's 98 degrees the first half of the month, then when the progesterone kicks in in the second half of the month, it's 98.4-98.6. As soon as my temperature rises, that's when my herx starts. It's interesting that the article said after menses is the hardest time because for me it's before when my temperature is higher. After meses is the time of the month the body temp. is the lowest.

My herx this month was early ... I was expecting it Wed., but it started today. I'm glad because we're going to Phoenix next Sat., so it will be over by then.

For the sake of our lurkers trying to learn about Lyme (please join in! The more the merrier!) -- I woke up about 4:30 this morning with stomach cramps and d. I feel back asleep and when my alarm went off at 7:30 for Church, I had terrible cramps still and d. I also was weak and fatigued. The fatigue during a herx is much more severe than the fatigue I normally feel. I'm so weak it hurts when the kids try to hug me. :( Now the stomach cramps are gone, but I've had a little joint pain in my hands and left knee, and muscle aches in my neck, back, and shoulders, and weakness and exhaustion. So, that's a herx.

I feel all this stuff normally, but not as severe as during a herx. Herxes for me are still rather disabling whereas normally I can do a little during the day as long as I get some rest. I need to be taken care of during a herx. These didn't start till I started the meds. So, I know I'm killling the bugs! Sometimes the sauna feels like it causes a herx.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

He's lucky, chocolate can kill a dog ... of course, the year our old dog got into the Easter chocolate, it didn't kill her .... but I've heard it can. I'm glad you found out the problem.

If you think about the Bible, Christ suffered .... many of the Pharisees did not. God may be giving you the opportunity to grow as a person while he's not blessing others by giving them the same opportunity for growth. It's a grace. We've discussed here before how much we've all grown in compassion, patience, etc. because of being chronically ill. This is not necessarily a curse or punishment, this is an opportunity, a grace. It's our materialistic world that looks at suffering as evil. It's not. You will never again be oblivious to others and their sufferings, even if you end up being a healthy millionaire! (Carla now steps down from soap box ;) )

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

That is a big bummer on the D still being around. :( Hopefully, you will figure out what is causing it soon! Maybe it is not taking the supplements, but when you take them? Sometimes timing really throws things off. You may have to eliminate the supplements one at a time so you know.

Dear Carla,

Sorry to hear about you having a bad day. :( Cramps and D are no fun! Today, I am just mostly super bloated and uncomfortable. I am also dreading the idea of being weighed at my doctor's appointment Tuesday. I do not even eat much, but cannot lose weight. I mostly eat fruits, veggies, and meat.

Dear Andrea,

I SEE YOU! :P

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

P.S. My mother still does not think I have Lyme or Celiac.

CarlaB Enthusiast
:( Problem is, I can't tell when my period is...I had a hysterectomy in 2001, and for the life of me, I can't tell when my cycle is anymore.

It's my understanding that when the uterus is gone it can trigger menopause, so you might not be ovulating at all.

Here's something I found Open Original Shared Link

Even a partial hysterectomy can have a significant effect, first because the uterus plays a role in hormonal balance, and second because in most cases the circulation to the ovaries is impaired enough by the surgery to affect their function.

It goes on to say that most women's ovarian function continues normally.

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey Donna...we are just missing each other again...my next appt with him is on the 27th. :P

One of these days we are bound to run into each other. :lol:

Yah, I'd almost say it'd be weird if we don't at some point. :lol:

I knew that and yet I forgot. :ph34r:

I could see how that would make it a little tougher to figure out. :(

You know...if this board had that little emoticon where the guy is banging on his head with a hammer.....I think I might use that one quite frequently. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I dont get worse while I'm on my period....but the days leading up to it can be rough. Its not really consistent though. Sometimes I feel fine. :huh:

Many times the day right before I start I am exhausted....like all I want to do is sleep...its probably the only day of the month that I actually go to bed early. :lol:

If it happens to be a Saturday or Sunday...I could totally sleep the whole day away.

Don't bang your head little one :P ...every single one of my doctor's still asks if I can tell when my cycle is...I just had my annual exam on Wednesday and she asked if I knew when my cycle was, lol. :lol:

Hopefully that is the answer and he'll continue to improve.

Yay on better sleep!!! I need to learn to go to bed earlier. :P

No choice for me...I've tried staying up later to see if I would sleep deeper...nope, just feel hungover the next day.

That is a big bummer on the D still being around. :( Hopefully, you will figure out what is causing it soon! Maybe it is not taking the supplements, but when you take them? Sometimes timing really throws things off. You may have to eliminate the supplements one at a time so you know.

P.S. My mother still does not think I have Lyme or Celiac.

Yah, so far so good today with the supplements....no D yet! In fact, no BM at all yet. :lol: Maybe it really was the valerian root...or maybe the combination or the timing. I've taken all my other supplements this morning as usual...just a little later in the day since I stayed in bed until 6:00 this morning, lol.

It's my understanding that when the uterus is gone it can trigger menopause, so you might not be ovulating at all.

Here's something I found Open Original Shared Link

It goes on to say that most women's ovarian function continues normally.

I do still have my ovaries and my doctor tested me last year to see if I was menopausal, but that came back normal...still ALL my hormones seem to be all out of whack and my krebs cycle is a mess, lol. I'll look at the link tomorrow from work...it doesn't seem to want to come up here.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have a Sunlight Sauna and their single person sauna looks very nice. When you consider it will be $1500 per year to use the one at BioSET, you could easily justify purchasing your own if you like it.

I thought about this but it wouldnt really work for me since I'm traveling back and forth between two houses. I have plenty of room at my own house for a sauna...but my mom doesnt have room...and I'm there all week....so I would really only be able to use it on the weekend.

I'm thinking of getting a portable one which I can take with me and use on a daily basis...I would want a good quality one though...obviously the one at BioSET is portable since they have to set it up...so I'll see how I like that one and sort of shop around. :)

If you start detoxing some through your skin, it will take some of the load off your liver and kidneys.

Yeah...thats what I'm hoping. :)

I actually feel worse much of time after my sauna. It raises my body temperature ... once I took my temp and hour afterward and it was 99.0. That stirs up the Lyme and makes it unhappy.

My interpretation of what die-off is has sort of changed so I think of it more like metals are being released....especially since I know I've got alot of metal toxicity....moreso than some of the other people here. When I go to the regular sauna...my head seriously feels like it might burst. :o I get alot of symptoms in my head from the sauna. :(

The Lyme, candida and other microbes are also mainly in my head...since this is where most of the metal-toxicity is. So yeah....I think if I heat up the microbes and they die....metals are spilling out all over the place. :o

This is pretty much why I was scared to do an even more effective type of sauna. The reason I'm willing to try it now is chlorella. :)

I was never taking chlorella (or any type of binder) in the past....so basically anytime metals are floating around they're giving me symptoms until they get redeposited....and hopefully not into my brain. EEEK. :(

I started out taking a little chlorella a couple weeks ago...it seemed like it wasnt helping...maybe making things worse. <_< Then I read on LymeNET that a small dose in a person who is very toxic will worsen the problem.

It was saying that chlorella moves mercury and binds with it...BUT...if you move more than you can bind (because you are only taking a tiny dose) you end up with excess mercury floating around.

Anytime mercury is floating around you'll feel it when you're trying to detox.

It said to increase the dose....you want to have plenty of chlorella available for mopping up the mercury. Some people are taking a TON of chlorella and I was only taking one capsule. :huh:

So I was getting depressed...(I think this is my biggest sign of metals floating around)....everyday the past couple weeks I'm feeling sad. Even my friend says how much taking NDF affects my mood...she can tell when I'm taking the drops. :ph34r:

On Thursday morning I was getting tears in my eyes at work....out of NOWHERE...I thought I wouldnt be able to stop the tears from falling. :(

I was just feeling soooo gloomy and getting sick and tired of feeling that way. When I went home for lunch I took about 6 capsules of chlorella....instead of one.....and OMG...I went back to work a new person. I havent been depressed since. :o

Now I'm thinking that the chlorella is gonna be my main detox supplement. I've been reading and I'm better understanding why Amy wanted me off the NDF and just taking binders....charcoal, modifilan and chlorella.

Chlorella moves mercury out of the extracellular areas...but not the intracellular areas. So you dont really want to pull mercury out of intracellular areas until you've cleaned up all the extracellular areas.....basically clearing the path.

Once you get the organs, liver pathways, blood, gut, kidneys....all those critical areas free of toxicity....you can then use a chelator and start pulling from the intracellular areas with less difficulty because the organs are not all clogged up and toxic with heavy metals.

If you try chelating (which is essentially pulling metals from intracellular areas) while your extracellular areas are still packed with heavy metals...you will not be able to get that mercury you're chelating through these toxic organs....then the mercury gets redistributed causing symptoms.

I think I now have a good understanding of what this statement means. "The only way out is the way through".

But...you have to address those extracellular areas first...or else nothing is gonna be able to get through. You have to clean up what you can before you start trying to bring more stuff through an already clogged path.

So I get the same symptoms from taking a sauna....I think its just releasing metals and thats what the symptoms are all about...its the same as when I was taking the NDF....with nothing in place to help sweep the toxins out.

Carla, I know you dont think metals are an issue for you.....but it seems like it could be beneficial for you to take chlorella if you're not already.

I'm already taking about 20 capsules a day now. I'm gonna switch to a different brand because quality is also important since chlorella does bind with toxins...I dont wanna be taking something that is already full of environmental toxins. :o ..some brands are tested for purity.

I'm just throwing stuff out there in case it might help you or anyone else reading. :)

I also read that with the heavy metal provoked urine test a toxic person might not start releasing metals until maybe their 5th or 6th challenge test....so yeah...you could still have metals and they're not coming out...just like with the hair analysis.

If the body is not ready to let go of the metals or if the metals just cant get through....you can have a normal test. So its just something to think about so if it is a issue you can help your body deal with it.

I also read this...

Just an add-on: If you are taking anything in an effort to kill bugs- of any kind - be sure to take chlorella 30 minutes before a meal. You may not think or believe you are heavy metal loaded (in truth you are) , but if you kill anything with your meds -- Lyme, candida, etc. - the cell walls of these critters also hold the metals and when the die-off happens, the metals are mobilized, set in motion to go through the body, land wherever they wish - if you do not have chlorella on board. You call it a herx - I call it a redistribution of heavy metals, maybe back into the brain, wherever, they do tons of harm.

Most of what I post comes from Dr. K. and his way of thinking. Everybody has different opinions on why stuff happens or how it all works...I just see that his patients are getting better and thats why I try to learn every ounce of it...and to absorb what I can.

It cant hurt to keep this stuff in mind. ;)

It's interesting that the article said after menses is the hardest time because for me it's before when my temperature is higher. After meses is the time of the month the body temp. is the lowest.

Did the article say after menses?? I thought it said during menses??

I have to go back and look but I'm 100% positive what Dr. Harris (IgeniX) told me was to take the test during my period....this was for the urine test.

On Dr. Burrascano's antibiotic protocol (to enhance detection of antigen and Borrelia DNA) it states:

Note: Protocol #1 works well if it can be coordinated on the first day of menses.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You will never again be oblivious to others and their sufferings, even if you end up being a healthy millionaire! (Carla now steps down from soap box ;) )

hehe...Carla on her soapbox. :P

I totally agree....I've been looking at the positive things to come out of this for a few years now....its alot of personal growth. These changes would have never ocurred in my life had it not been for this illness. I believe things happen for a reason...I cant sit around being angry about being in this situation. I have the power to change it...and learn from it....and grow from it.

Its true...I will never again be oblivious to others and their sufferings....and thats a good thing. :)

You know that autistic boy at work that I've talked about before....the one that I've totally warmed up to?? :)

Well, a couple days ago...one of his job coaches came in to grocery shop and she started talking to me. I've never talked to any of his coaches...they pretty much keep to themselves. Anyways....she asked me how he was doing and we just started talking about him and how great he is....a joy to be around.

We were laughing about some of the cute things he does... :lol:

I asked her if he was autistic and she said he's never been diagnosed but she does think that he is...that he's alot like "Rain Man".

Anyways...she said that her friend had worked with him since like 1998 and was really fond of him. Apparantly she doesnt work with him anymore...because he's graduated or whatever but she had wondered if anyone else would ever just love him the way that she does and just really see how great he is.

So this job coach said that she told her friend about me....she said she didnt know my name or anything but she could tell that I really like him. She told her friend that yeah...another person sees how special he is....and they are happy that I've sort of taken interest in him. :)

She said "Thank you for everything...thank you for liking him!!". :)

I was just so happy inside and I realize that that only came from this illness...otherwise I dont think I would have payed much attention...I would still be oblivious.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I think it may have been during, for some reason I thought it said towards the end, but I can't remember. :lol: I didn't mean after, I meant towards the end.

I know lead is a problem, mercury tested as borderline, and we are going to work on metals, he just doesn't think I'm strong enough right now to handle it, so for the time being, we're leaving them alone. He wants to get the bacterial load lowered first. He thinks that's the most important issue for me right now.

I thought about adding the chlorella a while back, but I'm not supposed to take anything except what he says to take. Most of the stuff he has me on is for detoxing. This is a real change for me, but I really want to follow his protocol to the letter! :lol: Usually, I'm doing my own thing, but this time around, I really feel like he's the expert. In fact, they told me to stop taking the charcoal that I was taking for herxing.

Now I'm just drinking either lemon water, or apple cider vinegar water when I herx. I crave it when I'm herxing and it doesn't taste good when I'm not.

The single person sauna I mentioned is the portable one. It looks like a good quality compared to the other portable ones I've seen.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The single person sauna I mentioned is the portable one. It looks like a good quality compared to the other portable ones I've seen.

Oh..ok..I thought you were talking about the one like what you've got. They have single person saunas just like that...they look really nice...but I dont think it would fit in my car. :P

I've seen various single person sauna...some as cheap as $300....all the way up to $1500.

I probably would go with something somewhere in the middle. How do you know which is good quality?? Have you seen the one on Scotts site?? What do you think about it?

I really like this one but there is no price and I'm assuming its higher than I'd want to pay.

I dont wanna spend a ton on a portable one because in the future I'd like to get a real nice one that I can put in my house.

I would be willing to pay for the one on Scotts site...It would cost the same as about 5 months of unlimited saunas at BioSET....so it would save me money in the long run. I could have already bought it with the money I spent on the gym membership. :rolleyes:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, I don't know how to tell which is better. We had a certain size space, so we got the one that is nice and fits.

It's having your skin exposed to the panels that heats it up, so I would imagine one with enough panels would be good. I've never seen a portable one except in pictures, so I don't know much about them. You might ask Scott why he chose that one to carry on his website. I'd bet he did his research and looked at value, the best one for the money.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea....the more I read about chlorella the more I think its probably the best and safest way for you (and even the kids) to take to detox.

Its a very healthy supplement for alot of reasons...its a "superfood"...so it has alot of benefits besides just heavy metal detox.

When I had my very first appt. with Anna and TheDave had asked about pregnancy and things like that I remember Anna said that yeah...once I get better that wouldnt be a problem.

She said that the baby would be what they call a "chlorella baby". It would be very healthy....and I would be taking lots of chlorella. I didnt really know what she meant at the time and I forgot about it until I read this post today..

No, you do not need a doctor to take Chlorella! My grandchildren eat chlorella like candy and are very healthy and well doing just that. Chlorella babies are healthy babies, develop beautiful teeth and dental arches. Mothers who breastfeed taking chlorella, detox their milk with it -- the milk actually takes on a green color and is no longer toxic. Often mother's milk is so toxic that it would require permission to dump it in a landfill! Tested before and after in lab.

So maybe chlorella is something that could really help both you and Seth.....you could do some searches on it and see what you think. I think it would be safer and cheaper than alot of other things that have been mentioned.

AndreaB Contributor
The fatigue during a herx is much more severe than the fatigue I normally feel. I'm so weak it hurts when the kids try to hug me. :( Now the stomach cramps are gone, but I've had a little joint pain in my hands and left knee, and muscle aches in my neck, back, and shoulders, and weakness and exhaustion. So, that's a herx.

Boy Carla, I hope these get better soon. :( They sound like pure misery and except for the fact that you know you'll be making progress with the lyme and co-infections, it doesn't seem like it would be bearable to go through. There is light at the end of this process, I just hope it comes soon for you.

AndreaB Contributor
So maybe chlorella is something that could really help both you and Seth.....you could do some searches on it and see what you think. I think it would be safer and cheaper than alot of other things that have been mentioned.

I've been thinking of chlorella a lot. I know Mercola sells one on his site that is pure. I don't remember the price. That's what's stopped me from getting it, because I don't want to buy just anything.

I'll have to look at Mercola's site again.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Boy Carla, I hope these get better soon. :( They sound like pure misery and except for the fact that you know you'll be making progress with the lyme and co-infections, it doesn't seem like it would be bearable to go through. There is light at the end of this process, I just hope it comes soon for you.

Thank you. As long as I'm laying down, it's not too bad. I look like a 100 year old when I try to walk around though!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Maybe I dont need to switch brands. I just looked at mine and the bottle says this...

It is pure: Cultivated in indoor tanks free of environmental polluntants.

Then it says this on their website..

Q: How does New Chapter ensure the quality, purity and potency of their products?

A: New Chapter

Archived