This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Somebody please stop me from buying our entire stock of Pepto when I go back to work!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient
Somebody please stop me from buying our entire stock of Pepto when I go back to work!! :lol:

Remember our little discussion--no Racheling of the Pepto :D

jerseyangel Proficient

M-m-m--not for nothing, but I had to stop using Bare Minerals makeup after I realized it was causing my skin to itch and break out.

This brand, and several others, I found out, contain bismuth. I don't know if it's the same type or anything, but I thought the link was interesting.

My system dosen't seem to like bismuth at all--inside or out :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

:lol::lol:

OMG...this morning on my drive back from Manteca I kept thinking about dry ground...and how buckets of water wont get absorbed....but a constant drizzle...that will work much better!! :D

Thats what I was thinking about for an hour in my car. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Remember, slow and steady. :) I don't think that includes Pepto. :P

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG...this morning on my drive back from Manteca I kept thinking about dry ground...and how buckets of water wont get absorbed....but a constant drizzle...that will work much better!! :D

:lol: That's too funny!

AndreaB Contributor

That's it. That will train you not to Rachel everything.......I hope. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
My system dosen't seem to like bismuth at all--inside or out :P

Wow, that's interesting. What's with bismuth?

Rachel,

I was low on bismuth on my hair analysis.

jerseyangel Proficient
Wow, that's interesting. What's with bismuth?

That's what I was thinking :unsure:

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna....the yurts are really cool!! Do people live in those year round?? :unsure:

I don't know...I think some cultures do, and obviously moutainous folks with weed eating pigs do. :lol: I think normal folks probably don't. :lol:

:o No, No!!! :lol: You will definitely react to this stuff, I can guarantee it! I seemed to do okay with the TEN tablets a day I was taking, but I couldn't wait to stop taking it. By the end of the treatment I really did want to throw up when I took it. :(

Keep thinking those thoughts, lol.

dlp252 Apprentice

Here Rachel...read this...this should keep you from wanting to Rachel the Pepto. :lol:

(From Wikipedia)

Bismuth (IPA: [ˈbɪzməθ]) is a chemical element that has the symbol Bi and atomic number 83. This heavy, brittle, white crystalline trivalent poor metal has a pink tinge and chemically resembles arsenic and antimony. Of all the metals, it is the most naturally diamagnetic, and only mercury has a lower thermal conductivity.

Bismuth compounds are used in cosmetics and in medical procedures. As the toxicity of lead has become more apparent in recent years, alloy uses for bismuth metal as a replacement for lead have become an increasing part of bismuth's commercial importance.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yes! You must get it checked out first and talk to your doctor! It may not be best for you ... it even makes ME sick!

CarlaB Enthusiast
This heavy, brittle, white crystalline trivalent poor metal has a pink tinge

Wow, that's an UNDERSTATEMENT if I ever heard one!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Wow, that's an UNDERSTATEMENT if I ever heard one!!

:lol::lol::lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Now you have done it! I want a yurt! :lol: I cannot stand it anymore! That is my future house! ;) You how you were talking about the Pepto making you sick near the end of the Helidac treatment? It did the same to me. It also turns you teeth black and makes you look like you have been chewing tobacco if you had the chewables. I did that treatment twice, a month at a time! That is four times longer than most people do the therapy for!

Dear Bev,

It is a good thing they have a good sense of humor there! My best friend went to Germany for her high school graduation present five years ago. She is not good at German, although she is of German descent. They looked at her really strangely when she said "Donyou" instead of "Donke" for thank you! She said that was so terrible! Oh yeah, great new pic!

Dear Carla,

It is amazing how Spain differs from Mexico, or any of the other 25 Spanish speaking countries of the world. I took 2 years of Spanish in middle school, then 2 more in high school. In middle school, my teacher was married to a Nicaraguan. We learned a lot about Nicaragua, such as they have black people in the south part of the country who have naturally blonde curly hair! Also, people who are slightly overweight are respected. They know you can afford food, and that makes you wealthy.

Well, I am bummed that you won't let me paint Charlie's toenails. :( I suppose I will get over it, though! :lol: I am sticking with my white suit and fedora! ;) It is me! We all need to be ourselves! How about the Borrelia Bunch? That is unisex. Now that there is a guy in the group, we should make sure that he is not left out.

Dear Rinne,

YAY! Rinne Bars are going to be everywhere! My parents cannot have them! They are all mine! I shall rachel them! There will be a lock on the freezer, so no one can get them but me! :lol:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

dlp252 Apprentice
It also turns you teeth black and makes you look like you have been chewing tobacco if you had the chewables. I did that treatment twice, a month at a time! That is four times longer than most people do the therapy for!

Fortunately no black tongue or teeth for me, but my bathroom deposits were, lol. :lol:

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Wow, more fascinating info from you guys!

And those baby pictures--you all are just TOO CUTE!

Rachel, it's kinda scary--your latest pic looks a lot like my daughter...

When I was in college, the dorm cafeteria always had a huge bowl of bright pink yogurt at the salad bar. We called it "Pepto-Bismol Yogurt," and I still call that shade of pink, "Pepto-Bismol Pink."

NoGluGirl Contributor
Fortunately no black tongue or teeth for me, but my bathroom deposits were, lol. :lol:

Dear Donna,

That is good you did not have the black tongue! No matter how much you brushed your teeth, they looked awful! It was so nasty! It turned my poop black too! That was weird. It was like I crapped out my hair dye after I ate it or something. That was screwy!

Dear Laura,

I am so glad you posted this about Pepto! This is good info! Who would have thought it would have an effect on Borrelia? I am trying to absorb all of the scientificness involved. It is sort of technical stuff!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Mtndog Collaborator
Andrea! I finally figured out who you remind me of in your new avatar--the actress, Kim Delaney. She was on "All My Children" years ago, and has done other things since. A very beautiful girl...

It was driving me nuts :lol:

OMG- I remember her too and patti is right- you do look like her! Here's a picture of her:

Open Original Shared Link

I always wanted to be Nina on AMC.

I am going to buid me a yurt! Maybe I'll become a luxury yurt designer. donna- NORMAL people don't live in yurts? I'm normal! (oh wait- that's questionable :P ) They would have to have Lyme proofing around them. Rinne can take orders for bars and I'll take decorative yurt orders. NoGluGirl- your first.

Yes- Rachel- do NOT rachel the pepto bismol. I was going to get some while I was out today but forgot and now, after seeing that your teeth turn black, I think I'll wait until I'm told what to do :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
I always wanted to be Nina on AMC.

Or at least have her wardrobe--her clothes were exquisite.

dlp252 Apprentice
I am going to buid me a yurt! Maybe I'll become a luxury yurt designer. donna- NORMAL people don't live in yurts? I'm normal! (oh wait- that's questionable :P ) They would have to have Lyme proofing around them.

:lol: I would live in a Yurt, but then I've never professed to be normal. :lol:

Okay everyone I loaded my mom's absolute favorite picture of me on the personal pic page. I would have made it my avatar, but, well, you'll see why, lol. Eventhough my dad is no longer with us, I guess I'd better respect that fact that he wouldn't want his behind all over the internet if he was.

My dad was a carpenter and he built the house we lived in during most of my young years...that's what he's working on in the picture...I was supervising. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Funny picture, Donna!

I put up a new avatar. This one was my pledge dance at my sorority ... the same one Morgan just joined. Adam was my date ... I had just met him a couple weeks earlier ... it was spring of 1982, I was 18. We hung out together a while after that was taken, then I thought he was the biggest jerk I had ever met (Mr. Darcy), we didn't start dating until over a year later, fall of 1983.

Mtndog Collaborator
Funny picture, Donna!

I put up a new avatar. This one was my pledge dance at my sorority ... the same one Morgan just joined. Adam was my date ... I had just met him a couple weeks earlier ... it was spring of 1982, I was 18. We hung out together a while after that was taken, then I thought he was the biggest jerk I had ever met (Mr. Darcy), we didn't start dating until over a year later, fall of 1983.

OMG- too cute! It's Mr and Mrs darcy!

Donna- That photo is priceless!!!!!!!!!! I have one of my mom at my sister's bachelorette that can NEVER be viewed publicly or she would come back to haunt me and then some. It's VERY funny (I'll give you hints: phallic shaped water pistol filled with substance resembling uhm....cream :ph34r:). It's priceless because she has the funniest look on her face and she was THE most upstanding, dedicated catholic woman I EVER knew. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We hung out together a while after that was taken, then I thought he was the biggest jerk I had ever met (Mr. Darcy), we didn't start dating until over a year later, fall of 1983.

You and Adam were cute together....and still are. :)

I know I asked this same question like more than 500 pages ago....but who is Mr. Darcy?? :unsure:

I seem to have forgotten.. :ph34r:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Donna...GREAT pic!!

Your dad was really building the house you guys lived in?? :blink:

That is sooo cool. I think maybe I should have gotten into carpentry...I seriously LOVE building things. I love Home Depot. I wanted to try building a doghouse for Bear...a REAL one...like with windows and everything.

I thought I might be getting in over my head though...its probably WAY harder than it looks.....not to mention I was sick. :rolleyes:

Stupid sickness...gets in the way of everything. :angry:

I wanted my dog to have a doggies "dreamhouse". :wub: Yeah....and then he would probably never go in it at all. :rolleyes:

Archived