This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think that the digestive system has been your main focus, but what if that is not the real source of the problem? For me its the proteins in gluten not the gluten itself, its all proteins, corn and espically dairy. I dont have cleiac disease, so why waste time with those doctors.

Have you been talking to the natual doctor yet? I know he is obsessed with the leaky gut syndrome.

Gluten is a protein...its the protein found in grains.

Yes...I talk to my HealthNow doctor every few weeks.

Rachel, did you eat the edward and sons crackers to try and aggrivate the problem the night before the ultrasound? becuase you said those were giving you reactions at one point.

No...I dont intentionally try to mess myself up...it just happens. I ate them cuz there was nothing else to eat and I was hungry. I didnt go to the store till last night.

Rachel---- do you ever get blurry vision or corneal clouding? You said you get mucus in your eyes?

Have you been checked for MPS? or lysosomal storage disease yet?

that might be somthing to look into.

I am going to look into it myself, I dont give a F, if it sounds far fetched, but like Ive been saying fromt he beginning, its somehing to do with the saccrides being uncutup and undigested and collecting in the tissues in my skin, bones, eyes.

A major symptom is sticky eyes, and blurry vision. with I recently experienced.

I guess im pretty much on my own here cause the focus is mainly on the gut and gluten.

Sorry if you feel alone but I do feel my problems are intestinal...I've never questioned that. I think many symptoms have proven it as well. I did test positive for gluten intolerance and malabsorption...I had a positive tTG. My intestines were in distress yesterday at my appt. and I woke up with "d" today. I had a 25 lb. weight loss which I believe is due to the malabsorption.

Also, as far as the sticky eyes....I never got them once while I was on the candida diet for 3 months. Then one day I made muffins from a candida recipe and I got my usual symptoms w/ sticky, blurry eyes...after not having it for 3 months. Theres no way its not food related for me.

I dont plan on looking into other diseases at this point but good luck to you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, my acupuncterist says that my digestion is very weak which I wonder if what your doctor means by slow. I've been thinking of it like if your digestion is working 100% then your food will be digested 100% but if it is only at 50% then only...you get where I am going with this. Isn't this malabsorption? It is one of my problems and I am wondering how long after going gluten free does it take before the malabsorption ends?

I still have malabsorption...although not as bad as it once was. I know I have malabsorption of fats for sure.

I also agree with the posts saying she cant rule out a problem with my ovaries until she's actually seen them. Hopefully the next ultrasound will be more telling. I think she was wasnt saying my ovaries are normal since she couldnt see them. I think she was saying that my intolerances, pain and dancing intestines were nothing to do with my ovaries. I think thats what she was saying. :unsure: I dont feel like she totally blew me off cuz she is sending me for another ultrasound and her face showed concern but I think since she'd never seen dancing intestines she was kind of baffled. I think doctors get uncomfortable when they are faced with something unfamiliar and she was clearly uncomfortable to not be able to anser my questions.

I think the GI will be more helpful...he's a good GI...I liked him the times I've seen him.

Thanks again for all your support yesterday and everyday. You guys are the best. :D

I woke up with "d" which totally never happens to me. I think something really bothered my tummy....its still making quite a bit of noise in there. I had totally forgotten that I had a small bowel of Quinoa yesterday on my lunch. I had posted that I had Tinkyada and a pear...I had forgotten about the quinoa. I hadnt eaten it in months and only ate it yesterday cuz I was out of food and the tinkyada was only a tiny bit of pasta left in the bag. Not enough for this hungry girl. :P

I remember my HealthNow doc saying that quinoa was off limits on gluten-free diet....even though most say its fine. He says there is potential for reaction and it should be avoided. Maybe this is what happened to me? :unsure: I got bloated after lunch so I dont think it was the crackers from the day before...I think it was the quinoa. It could have been both that bothered me though. I think I've tested the waters with quinoa for the last time...its just bad news for me. I got "d" and thats unusual for me. I remember getting "d" right after experimenting with oats too. I'm tired today...wish I could crawl back in bed.

VydorScope Proficient

On of the thing I am learning about adoption is it not nearly as expensive as it seems at first. You have to shop around angency's for deals, but no one likes to think about that when they are talking about childern. The place we are looking at is Bethany and they scale thier fees based on your income, and it looks like because my wife and I are not rolling in the dough the fee will endup being less then the tax credit so in the end it might not cost us ANYTHING AT ALL. Just may have to float the money till tax time. Dunno exactly how it will play out yet....

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Another new symptom I'm having today is alot of burping. I never get that...does anyone else get that symptom once in a while? Maybe I got glutened? :huh:

VydorScope Proficient
Another new symptom I'm having today is alot of burping. I never get that...does anyone else get that symptom once in a while? Maybe I got glutened? :huh:

Nervous stomach coudl do that.

rinne Apprentice

Rachel, I've had it, not so much since I went off dairy but if I overeat it acts up and it doesn't take much in the way of overeating. I find that if I let myself get too hungry I eat too fast and I eat more, not a lot more, not even near to what I could once consume, not that that was a good thing. :( Also late night eating, not good for my tummy.

And last night I did, we spent the day on the road and even though I took gluten free food along I still came home hungry and it was late and I got into my banana ice cream and I added maple syrup and I am not feeling so great this morning. It might also be the few peanuts I ate at my mom's, I've been avoiding them.

Time to make some licorice root tea, I find it really soothing when my stomach is burning/hurting.

Jean-Luc Rookie

Rachel - I am sorry to hear about your appointment. I wish you the best when you go to see the GI.

Not to shift topics too much, Vincent maybe you will see this but last night was very surreal. I went to a wake for 27 year old male in good health passed away while walking off a softball diamond. He was member of the local rugby team and I was out having a pint with him and some other guys about a week or two ago.

As we proceeded through the funeral home and I saw pictures of him as a young boy, my mind went racing. Then I saw his parents. Damn! As a father, I cannot imagine the loss of my son. Afterwards, a good number of us meet up and have a couple of drinks and all of us were in shock.

I cannot remember who on the board said males think differently, well in this instance, you maybe right on. One fo the guy's girlfriend says "you are all dumb rugby players, if you are not feeling well go to the damn doctor." From what I now know, the young man may have complained of chest pain a couple of days prior to his collapse.

Something like this really puts things in perspective.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

miamia Rookie
I still have malabsorption...although not as bad as it once was. I know I have malabsorption of fats for sure.

I also agree with the posts saying she cant rule out a problem with my ovaries until she's actually seen them. Hopefully the next ultrasound will be more telling. I think she was wasnt saying my ovaries are normal since she couldnt see them. I think she was saying that my intolerances, pain and dancing intestines were nothing to do with my ovaries. I think thats what she was saying. :unsure: I dont feel like she totally blew me off cuz she is sending me for another ultrasound and her face showed concern but I think since she'd never seen dancing intestines she was kind of baffled. I think doctors get uncomfortable when they are faced with something unfamiliar and she was clearly uncomfortable to not be able to anser my questions.

I think the GI will be more helpful...he's a good GI...I liked him the times I've seen him.

Thanks again for all your support yesterday and everyday. You guys are the best. :D

I woke up with "d" which totally never happens to me. I think something really bothered my tummy....its still making quite a bit of noise in there. I had totally forgotten that I had a small bowel of Quinoa yesterday on my lunch. I had posted that I had Tinkyada and a pear...I had forgotten about the quinoa. I hadnt eaten it in months and only ate it yesterday cuz I was out of food and the tinkyada was only a tiny bit of pasta left in the bag. Not enough for this hungry girl. :P

I remember my HealthNow doc saying that quinoa was off limits on gluten-free diet....even though most say its fine. He says there is potential for reaction and it should be avoided. Maybe this is what happened to me? :unsure: I got bloated after lunch so I dont think it was the crackers from the day before...I think it was the quinoa. It could have been both that bothered me though. I think I've tested the waters with quinoa for the last time...its just bad news for me. I got "d" and thats unusual for me. I remember getting "d" right after experimenting with oats too. I'm tired today...wish I could crawl back in bed.

Rachel-

I keep wanting to post but I have felt reallly bad so have just been reading- and the way this post has been that takes alot of energy!!! Sorry your doctors appt. left you with more questions although better that then the sorry we don't know whats wrong with you and we can't help answer.

I know with me the malabsorbtion and the poor digestion are the main issues the leaky gut and digestion cause you basically to poison yourself while you eat and it just leads to a million other problems thats why the new meds you taking sound so promising and really address the underlying cause.

Quinoa is one of those questionable things depending who you talk to but I know for me it isn't a great thing I had not had it in a while and the other day I ahd it and was really sick. The one grain I seem to do alright with is millet and thats fine becasueI thinki it tastes better than quinoa.

I talked to the pharmasist Mr Mark? I think thats his name- he was reallly helpful and so optimisitc. I completly understand how you felt when you got off the phone with him.

I hope you are feeling alright and really start to get some answers.

Miamia

VydorScope Proficient
I cannot remember who on the board said males think differently, well in this instance, you maybe right on. One fo the guy's girlfriend says "you are all dumb rugby players, if you are not feeling well go to the damn doctor." From what I now know, the young man may have complained of chest pain a couple of days prior to his collapse.

Male and Female DO think differetnly, however both are equally guilty of not going to the doc when they should, so I think thats just a human thing, IMO.

Jean-Luc Rookie

Floridian,

Thanks, I agree this board helps out a lot. I am really taken back by the whole thing. In any case, got to get some work done this morning.

Picard

VydorScope Proficient
I went to a wake for 27 year old male in good health passed away while walking off a softball diamond. He was member of the local rugby team and I was out having a pint with him and some other guys about a week or two ago.

Sorry for your loss. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Did they go away, any details are appreciated but I don't want to be intrusive?

I'm thinking that the olive oil I was using could have had soy oil in it, that is really the only source I can think of in my diet for quite a while now.

I didn't give them a chance to go away. I had more than 20 of them and several were large...so they were pressing on all the organs and causing other types of problems, plus the pain was just too much. My doctor said that I would try to wait to menopause when some fibroids naturally shrink, or I could have surgery and that the surgery would have to be hysterectomy because there were so many and so large. Now I still haven't reached menopause yet according to the blood tests my new doctor just ran in February, so I would have been in pain for the last 5 years. Many people have fibroids and never even know it and many who do know about them have no pain or other symptoms...they were just found on routine examinations. [ETA: so I went ahead and had the hysterectomy--they left the ovaries though.]

Not only did I drink lots of soy milk then but I KNOW I had lots of hidden stuff...they put it in all kinds of stuff--even tuna and stuff where you wouldn't think it would be. It wasn't until I started seeing my allergist who suggested I probably didn't want to have soy every day, that I started to look at ingredients in foods and realized soy was in practically everything I ate. :lol: I've been drinking a little soy milk again lately, but I am really trying not to have it every day, and I'm being pretty careful about the ingredients in my foods.

Someone mentioned that my intestines could be pressing on my organs including the ovaries (I cant remember who cuz its already too many pages back) but this is what I think too. I think cuz I'm all bloated and obviously having some intestinal distress that its just pressing on my ovaries and causing a pinching type pain.

Me. I just say that because I've had the fibroids which pressed on the other organs and stuff and it was really painful!

Donna,

I meant to answer this earlier....The obgyn was at Camino Medical so yeah....the same place as Dr. R. I'm sure she could have seen the info. from the colonoscopy but probably hadnt been looking for GI stuff prior to my appt. I want her to write up what she saw today so when I see Dr. R again....he knows something is wrong. Last time I saw him he said that my digestion was very slow...what does that mean exactly? :unsure: Could slow digestion be the cause of what was seen on the ultrasound today? I think its obviously more than just slow digestion but I just dont know what the heck is going on in there. :huh:

Good...when I went to my regular doctor for my injured foot a few weeks back, she could see all the stuff from Dr. R, so that's good. I'm actually thinking it's the other way around...the slow digestion could be the result of whatever is making the intestines move around...but that's just my thoughts...I am frequently wrong, lol.

Donna, how is your ampeller vulla (sp?) today?? (I would have to scroll back like 10 pages to find the correct spelling of the body part, but you know what I am talking about, right?!?!) I actually took a lot of anatomy and physiology courses for my major and I don't ever remember this term being mentioned.

Ampulla of Vater, lol. Believe me when I say there isn't much out there on the internet about it (nothing good anyway). Apparently problems with this are sort of uncommom. Dr. R said he's only had one other patient with this. Figures, lol. Dr. R thinks it looks about the same as it did in April, but I think it looks slightly larger and is a bit more oddly shaped. I also can't see the actual opening anymore whereas in the first set of pictures it was obvious it was a duct. :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice

Picard - I'm so sorry for your loss! I wish there was something to say to help you feel better.

Jean-Luc Rookie

Vincent, Floridian, dlp and everyone else,

Thank you. I cannot say that I was overly close to the young man, but he was a friend and someone I have known for the past 5-6 years. His passing really puts some problems into perspective.

Picard

AndreaB Contributor
For me I think there is somthing systemicly wrong with my endocrine system, metabolic system, maybe enzymatically. Who knows, but all started after a lot of heavy metal exposure in my case, followed by thyroid meds, chronic head pain and swelling ever since.

I guess im pretty much on my own here cause the focus is mainly on the gut and gluten.

but avoiding all the foods in the world hasent helped, so im going to try somthing else.

Good luck.

C

Christina,

What heavy metal exposure did you get? You mention a natural doctor...have you tried a holistic doctor or are they the same thing. I think both mainline and holistic doctors can be good or bad for you, although holistic doctors tend to look at the whole body and how to heal it.

We are here for you whether you have a gluten intolerance or not. Even if we can't give any ideas all the time, we are still here for you to vent or cry to if need be and we appreciate your posts when you do post.

BTW...I like your new picture.

What's with quinoa. :huh: I just bought a little bag of flour and some quinoa itself. Maybe we'll try the noncontaminated oats first. I think I kept my receipt for the gluten free stuff I just bought. I have an old bag of quinoa in the freezer I could try before opening the new stuff. Haven't used it for years and didn't really like it when I had it either.

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well and don't feel well. :( Hopefully you'll rebound quickly.

On of the thing I am learning about adoption is it not nearly as expensive as it seems at first. You have to shop around angency's for deals, but no one likes to think about that when they are talking about childern. The place we are looking at is Bethany and they scale thier fees based on your income, and it looks like because my wife and I are not rolling in the dough the fee will endup being less then the tax credit so in the end it might not cost us ANYTHING AT ALL. Just may have to float the money till tax time. Dunno exactly how it will play out yet....

Keep us posted Vincent. That sounds great! :D

Also late night eating, not good for my tummy.

And last night I did, we spent the day on the road and even though I took gluten free food along I still came home hungry and it was late and I got into my banana ice cream and I added maple syrup and I am not feeling so great this morning. It might also be the few peanuts I ate at my mom's, I've been avoiding them.

Time to make some licorice root tea, I find it really soothing when my stomach is burning/hurting.

Late night eating keeps your stomach working all night and disturbs your quality of sleep as well.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Not to be stereotypical...but generally men are more stubborn than women to get something checked out. I say generally because there are really stubborn women out there too. It's so hard to lose someone in the prime of life. I'm sorry. :(

Rachel-

I keep wanting to post but I have felt reallly bad so have just been reading- and the way this post has been that takes alot of energy!!! Quinoa is one of those questionable things depending who you talk to but I know for me it isn't a great thing I had not had it in a while and the other day I ahd it and was really sick. The one grain I seem to do alright with is millet and thats fine becasueI thinki it tastes better than quinoa.

Miamia

Miamia,

You're right, this thread does take a lot of energy. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Another mark against quinoa....I didn't really like millet that well, although it's ok mixed with something...just smells awful cooking it. This is making me have even more doubts about quinoa, I didn't like it much the one time I had it but I hadn't rinsed it first so it wasn't a fair trial.

evie Rookie

there was a post in my name this am around 6:30, but it was not by me..post 1788. i was driving my hubby to the hospital at that time, we are back now after he had a breast lump removed. this was his 3rd one & this one may be more serious, nipple inverted, so we request prayers for him. have a good day all. :)

evie

Mango04 Enthusiast

Woah - okay I think I'm kind of caught up.

Rachel - Sorry your appointment was so upsetting and you haven't been feeling well. Do you think the "dancing intestines" could have something to do with that new medication you're on? It's supposed to be doing stuff to your intestines right? Do you think that pharmacist might know anything? He seemed to know quite a bit. Maybe he could lead you in the right direction? Hmpf - That's all I can think of right now :unsure:

Oh and to all the medication phobia people - I have the same phobia LOL. I swear I'm crazy. My dentist gave me a mouth rinse for my gums the other day and I'm thinking of taking it back and explaining I can use it because I'm allergic to the ingredients. I don't even know if I am. It just has a lot of scary sounding ingredients and I don't want to use it LOL.

Green12 Enthusiast
Woah - okay I think I'm kind of caught up.

Rachel - Sorry your appointment was so upsetting and you haven't been feeling well. Do you think the "dancing intestines" could have something to do with that new medication you're on? It's supposed to be doing stuff to your intestines right? Do you think that pharmacist might know anything? He seemed to know quite a bit. Maybe he could lead you in the right direction? Hmpf - That's all I can think of right now :unsure:

Oh and to all the medication phobia people - I have the same phobia LOL. I swear I'm crazy. My dentist gave me a mouth rinse for my gums the other day and I'm thinking of taking it back and explaining I can use it because I'm allergic to the ingredients. I don't even know if I am. It just has a lot of scary sounding ingredients and I don't want to use it LOL.

evie, you have a phantom poster? I'm so sorry about your husband's news. I will definitely keep you and him in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

Mango, I really wanted to say this about 10 pages back :lol: , but I really admire your adventurous spirit. When I want to shake things up for myself, I think haircut or maybe adding in pilates classes :lol::lol:

I had a thought about this too this morning, thinking the medication could be possibly causing something. Is there anything in the side effects about inflamation to the intestinal tissue, spasms, etc?

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Donna, I think Ampulla of Vater is just Latin for Ampule of Water. Do you suppose you could find out more about it if you used the English words?

Rachel, what your obgyn saw on your ultrasound is bizarre!!! Could you feel your intestines jumping around, or did they feel like they always do - rotten? :( When you go back to your GI doctor, could you insist that he do an ultrasound before you'll consider another colonoscopy? Or maybe the dancing guts performance was just a one-time occurrence, preceding the diarrhea, which you said was rare for you. Lord, but I wish I could come up with something that might help you!!! My prayers are with you though.

Christine, I'm with Andrea, wondering what kind of heavy metal exposure you had. Do you mind telling us?

Cissie

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Picard...thanks for your well wishes for my upcoming GI visit. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Its always particularly shocking when something like this happens to someone so young and in seemingly good health. It does put things in perspective.

Everyone, (I'm finding it easier now to just address everyone since I cant remember who said what :P)

I thought about my medication being responsible but I kind of doubt it since my tummy was fine until after lunch yesterday. I got bloated and my stomach started rumbling a little. I started having the ovary pain again but it wasnt too bad yesterday. Its much worse today...and I have the burping and "d". Totally unusual symptoms for me. I'm skipping lunch today because I have no appetite which is also highly unusual. I just want to drink water. I still have "d"....weird cuz ususally if I get it its a one time thing...it doesnt usually last all day like this. I'm thinking I either got glutened from the crackers or I got a cross-reaction from the quinoa. I think the leakier the gut is.....the more likely for the immune system to confuse casein, oats, etc....for gluten.

I know I've posted this before but this is what my doc says about quinoa and other alternative grains:

Foods which mimic gluten in the body:

There are foods which do not strictly contain gluten (gliadin is the actual name of the offending protein) but still trigger the same unhealthy response as gluten. How? These foods contain proteins which are so similar to gliadin that people whose bodies are sensitive can’t tell the difference.

For example, soy is considered an OK food for those who are gluten intolerant. But when soy protein is concentrated in the form of tofu, tempeh or soy protein isolate (founds in soy-based protein powders and protein bars) that concentrated protein appears so similar to gluten that your body reacts to it the same as if you were consuming gluten.

Oats is another example. There are gluten free societies which will get quite impassioned when defending oats. Others don’t recommend oats due to a problem of unacceptable levels of contamination. We all agree that oats has a different protein from wheat, rye and barley. But the problem is that when a gluten intolerant person consumes oats they react to it the same as if they were consuming wheat! So please be cautious when reading other materials or consulting other web sites which say that oats, amaranth, quinoa and tef are fine. From a chemical standpoint they do have a different protein but from a practical, clinical standpoint they still create reactions which is ultimately what we are trying to avoid.

The science behind the above statements has been proven by measuring an inflammatory enzyme which gets elevated in gluten intolerant people who consume gluten. The experiment took gluten intolerant patients who had been off gluten and measured the enzyme to get a baseline. The baseline was normal. The patient then consumed one of the supposedly “OK” grains listed above. When the enzyme was retested it was found to be high, confirming a reaction to the grain.

So while we all like the sound of being able to eat oatmeal please remember that it is not okay and the above proves why

I think most people without alot of damage would do fine with quinoa. Andrea, I think it would be fine for you....shouldnt cause any problems...thats just my opinion though.

Miamia,

Are you gonna try the Ketotifen? Did he tell you how long you'd need to take it to feel good? Its been 15 days now for me and not getting better yet. I think he said 1-2 months depending on severity of damage. He is a very optimistic guy....made me feel great about everything. He is extremely knowledgeable about gluten intolerance as well.

My stomach is sooo messed up today. Everytime I've eaten the quinoa I've gotten a slight burning on my face...mainly around my mouth. Didnt someone say once that quinoa has some soapy residue on it....some kind of natural pesticide? I remember discussing it in a thread I had about quinoa awhile back. Maybe since I'm so sensitive I'm reacting to that stuff? I dunno but my stomach is not happy at all. I'm still bloated. Since the ovary pain is gone when I'm not bloated and my stomach is quiet its probably not the ovaries causing the pain...its probably my intestines moving around and creating pressure. The obgyn had said that my bowels were going wild...she said I have overactive bowels. I think its not like that all the time....probably just whatever I ate that triggered this "d" was causing all that movement yesterday.

Rachel, what your obgyn saw on your ultrasound is bizarre!!! Could you feel your intestines jumping around, or did they feel like they always do - rotten? Cissie

I didnt feel anything yesterday except some pain in my lower abdomen. I didnt feel any "jumping" going on. I feel it today though....my stomach is just messed up today. :(

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, I think Ampulla of Vater is just Latin for Ampule of Water. Do you suppose you could find out more about it if you used the English words?

Wow, thanks Cissie! I didn't know that is what it meant. In the body it's the opening (like a nodule) in the duodenum where the bile duct and the pancreatic duct meet. It's supposed to be the size of a pen head and mine is very large. I'll try the English words too. I wasn't able to find anything on the Ampulla of Vater regarding benign conditions, almost everything pointed to cancer or pre-cancer. Hoping the English will give better results, lol.

Jean-Luc Rookie

Ok, I am curious. What is leaky gut? I am having a blonde :lol: moment.

:P

Mango04 Enthusiast
Ok, I am curious. What is leaky gut? I am having a blonde :lol: moment.

:P

Here's one explanation:

LEAKY GUT

There are also many connections between sub-clinical gluten intolerance and other intestinal problems. To describe this connection in more detail I will review the structure and function of the small intestine.

The small intestine is constructed like a tube. The inside of the tube is the healthy mucosal lining. Mucosal tissues also line the sinus passageways, the lungs, the urogenital tract, the mouth, throat, and vaginal tract. These lining tissues act as vital barriers to defend the body from infectious organisms. The small intestine lining tissue also performs the crucial function of absorption of nutrients. Under chronic inflammatory stress this healthy mucosal tissue breaks down and a condition called increased permeability, also known as leaky gut syndrome occurs.

Leaky gut syndrome refers to the loss of integrity of this mucosal or lining tissue. Having leaky gut syndrome is like having a screen door with large holes in it, that allows flies and other insects to get through. With leaky gut syndrome the lining of your intestine becomes overly permeable and molecules that were not intended to cross into your blood stream enter, or leak in. This leads to a great deal of immune stress as your body tries to handle all these uninvited guests.

Open Original Shared Link

Jean-Luc Rookie
fibromyalgia

Interesting, now are leaky gut and celiac disease always linked or can you have one without the other. FYI, Fibromyalgia was one of the dieases my mother suffered from and Lupus.

Talk about being spacey for the past couple of days, I forgot, yesterday marked twelve years of being with my wife. Wow! No I did not forget our anniversary before someone thinks less of me. This August will be our 6 year wedding anniversary,

christine 25 Newbie
I dont plan on looking into other diseases at this point but good luck to you.

What do you think is causing your main problems? gluten intolerance, malabsorbtion, leaky gut, histamine reactions? Did you retest for the c-diff? ANd what about the low adrenals?

What do you think, in your case is causing your symptoms of facial swelling, puffiness and jaw pain/joint/neck pain then, what do you think causes that to happen?

I get the same symptoms (except not digestive),,,and antihistamines have not helped me, I have no food allergies either so I dont think personally that its histamine related. Im trying to still figure it out too.

I didnt mean to sound harsh in my post, about diet not really being the magic bullet. It has helped somwhat, but has not solved the problem, in my case. I contiune to avoid the foods that bother me, thats all I can do. But I cant just eat 3 foods thats not living. I dont have malabsorbtion, or digestive, weight loss, intestinal disfunction so Im not as much focused on that.

About the only thing I get is nautious when i eat things that have a lot of chemicals in them.

you have gas.

Archived