This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
For Rachel and the rest of you (guess I'll get no visits from you all :)) Anyway, this was in the Tahoe Daily Tribune on the 15th. Bob

You're right Bob. You won't find me there. :P Heard reports of lots of ticks jumping around on the south eastern border of Washington too.

What amazes me is that this was in the paper. :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks for the article, Bob.

I was in NY recently for my doctor's appt. We parked in a parking lot that had a strip of grass between the cars ... I walked all the way around that strip of grass ... I thought Adam would make fun of me, but then I started to walk through something similar, he looked at me and said to go around. :)

Donna, sorry you're feeling bad. I don't know about there, but there's a bug going around here. Chloe and Adam felt puny, but it hit me hard. I still have a low grade fever today. I sat out in the sun for 30 minutes, but other than that, I've been lying in bed.

I don't think breast pain is terribly unusual with Lyme ... at least not in my case ... I believe I've seen it mentioned on LN. I can't remember what you're taking, but could you be stirring something up and causing more symptoms?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for the info on celiac disease-57. That is really interesting. I am glad you found that. This makes a lot of sense. I will keep that test in mind. Do you know what CMP-18 is for? :blink: A while back, tiredofdoctors mentioned it.

I have charlie horses, but when I am sitting. It is horrible! :( My leg goes numb and falls asleep, and if I try to move it, it hurts. I really hate it! This happens all the time! Does Lyme cause that, too?

Dear Judy,

Your doctor better listen this time! :angry: We will go beat him up! :angry::lol: You live in your body, not him. If he accuses you of being a hypochondriac, or if he says "We'll see", then do what my mother's best friend did. She responded by saying "We'll see if you get paid!" They listen then!

Dear Mia,

Diflucan did not set well with my mother. I do not tolerate things like that well, either. Sometimes your system can be bombarded with things. Even if they are supposed to be beneficial, they can be harmful when too much is done at once. Maybe you should take a break from one of them.

Dear Donna,

I am sorry to hear you are having a difficult time, too. :( On top of the stomach issues, I too, have pain in my lymph nodes. My breasts are sore. It makes getting a shower painful at times. Hopefully, we will both feel better soon!

I was thinking. Your work situation is complicated. However, I wonder if you could do your work at home. Have you asked your boss if you could telecommute? I know it could be a long shot, but with the difficulties you are having, maybe they could allow it.

Dear Patti,

My stomach dictates everything, too. It makes my life a living hell. I was doing so well for a couple of months, and then, I got hit with that virus. I recovered from the virus after a few weeks, but then the Flagyl messed me up. I had taken it before and not gotten sick like that. I wonder if the Lyme became activated or something?

Dear Cruiser Bob,

Thanks for the article! That is interesting stuff! I am so glad you posted this! We appreciate it! Lyme is not talked about nearly enough in the media. Ladies' Home Journal actually had an article on it recently.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am scheduling a massage today at this place by my house. I am very excited.

YAY miamia...I'm excited for you! :)

I need to schedule one too....I know it would help with drainage.

Ok quick update- I upped the diflucan to 2 and am on the estrogen pill. I think i may be ok witht he estrogen but the diflucan may be messing with me (which I know can be a good thing possibly if its killing the beasties) becasue I have felt really bad the last 2 nights since I upped it and I take it at night.

Sorry you've had 2 rough nights. :(

Is the estrogen having any positive affect on you?? It was for appetite right? Is that getting any better?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well, UGGGG...I'm home sick...went to work but had to come home. I have really bad, bad D today.

Awww.... :(

I'm glad you're at home now and can get some rest. I'm wondering if its one of the supplements?? Or maybe just a little bit of everything upset your system??

or....were there more bumble bars that you're not telling us about?? :P

I couldn't get to page 1084, but think I've found a way to get around that, lol. I saw some quoted material from that page and did a search and when viewed the post with that text...the whole page 1084 came up! Yay.

Thanks for tip Donna! Theres still a few pages I havent even read....the pages are loading super slow and some I just cant get to at all. :(

Good to know theres a way around it! ;)

I think this is very healthy! :) And, you manage to get it out and say it in a nice way too...that's even healthier!

I do think its healthy. Whenever I read about how emotional issues or baggage can get in the way of healing...I'm thinking "Not with me!" :P

Theres no way I'm carrying stuff around...I dont hold anything inside long enough for that.

Even if my heart is still somewhat broken....everyone knows all about it. :rolleyes: I've never really held anything back in life.

Oh...as for saying it in a "nice way"....well thats not always the case. :ph34r:

But still....the "getting it all out" part is healthy. :P

Yep, and this weekend I will scrub my tub, and buy some bubble bath then when I'm done with the massage I'll come home and take an epsom salt bubble bath soak! Then I'll sit in the sun for a while. That should do it.

Sounds perfect. :)

Notice how I left out the part about the chocolate peanut butter ice cream?? :P

DONT DO IT DONNA!! :o

Can you say New Jersey?! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Sorry Patti....I just had to laugh at that. :P

All I know is if Patti does test positive...I will NEVER be visisting New Jersey. :blink:

Oh....sorry again Patti. :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
Love to all. :wub:

And to you, Susie :D

You are honorary Lyme Clan members. :P

And quite honored to be a member of such an esteemed group :)

Oh god so much to reply to-

Donna-

Oh and just to jump on the mushy band wagon- I love all of you and have no idea what I would do without this thread and all of your support.

Oh Miamia, I'm sorry that the Diffucan is upsetting you. :( Has the Estrogen helped at all with your appetite?

I just LOVE my massages....

I'm supposed to get my allergy shots today...when I'm done here I'm cancelling. Don't need the allergic reaction on top of this.

I'm scared to get a massage. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable :ph34r:

I'm glad you're cancelling the shots today. ;)

Trail Mix!!! I didn't know they had a trail mix......do tell. :D

I just tried it and it's quite tasty! If my stomach approves (I do well with Enjoy Life), I could see myself Racheling it :lol:

It's sunflower and pumpkin seeds, dried apple, chocolate chips (theirs), and cranberries. Smells a little odd when you first open it, but it's really good. I need to seal it up now and put it away :lol:

Dear Patti,

My stomach dictates everything, too. It makes my life a living hell. I was doing so well for a couple of months, and then, I got hit with that virus. I recovered from the virus after a few weeks, but then the Flagyl messed me up. I had taken it before and not gotten sick like that. I wonder if the Lyme became activated or something?

Yes, it gets very old sometimes <_< Could have been either the virus itself, or the Flagyl.

I had the flu in late 2003 (missed 5 days of work), and never really felt the same after. You hear that a lot with certain diseases and autoimmune conditions.

If it's not one thing, it's another :blink:

Mtndog Collaborator

Hi y'all- let's see...I know I'll forget something or someone so my apologies in advance. :rolleyes:

Patti- I think SIBO and Lyme would be likely for you. Our symptoms are so similar and NY state has Lyme too. It's like we are walking tick bombs :( So glad you are going to get tested!

Rachel- You mentioned you had a "gut feeling" about me when I first started posting. If you have anymore, tell me NOW because you're probably right!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you could become a medical intuitive!!!!!!!!

Donna- sorry you feel poopy :(

Judy- let me knkow if there's anything I can email you that will help

Hi everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I know what I wanted to ask you guys. OK, I taught one section of writing this semester and the semester is now over which is good because the commute etc was killing me. But am now faced with three months. My health is pretty unpredictable so I know I can't commit to a job job, but I need something to do. I need suggestions (because if I stay home all summer I will:

A. Go mad

B. Spend money we don't have

So I need some suggestions. Here's a list of the things I like:

animals (cats, dogs, horses)

gardening

flowers

photography

writing (all kinds including creative)

poetry

pretty much anything outdoors (oy vey!)

So I want to think of a job I could do that would be flexible (I'm not trying to EARN a ton of money, just keep myself from spending) enough to accomodate my health issues right now but kind of cool and fun.

One thing I did think of was looking into renting a kiosk at this little shop in Rockport (it's a very quaint, seaside town near here that attracts TONS of tourists) to try to sell some of my pipcs. that would be pretty flexible.

One summer I volunteered as a data recorder on a whale watch so I got to go on a million watches and all I had to do was stand on the deck with the naturalist and record how many humpbacks, minkes, seals etc. that was cool!!!!!!

Open to any suggestions. Except exotic dancing of any type :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
All I know is if Patti does test positive...I will NEVER be visisting New Jersey. :blink:

Why not? You have it where you are, too. :)

Seriously, when I was in NY I would NOT step in the grass! I seldom do here, either, unless I have to (baseball games). And at the kids games, I sit in the stands on the highest bench (not very high). I see all those people with their lawn chairs in the grass under the trees .... :o

Hey, I don't think I told you, if I feel well enough I'm going to the race this weekend. (NO, I won't tell you what race ... I live in the midwest ... here it's THE race). It'll be a good place for me, lots of cement. I think we'll stay overnight in Indy the night before.

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol::lol: I may not be living in New Jersey for much longer myself :unsure: More details when I can publically discuss them ;) (sometimes I forget this is the internet :lol: ) Don't worry--it's all good. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have lived in NJ now for about 10 years. I'm from Syracuse, NY and lived in Georgia for a while, too. Always in the east.

I don't do any hiking or anything like that now, but I used to spend a ton of time at a friend's camp at a lake in the woods in central NY. We would horseback ride, go barefoot, sit in the grass-- all that stuff.

I also work outside in my yard a lot--my house in GA was on a wooded lot, and in north Jersey we backed up to a wildlife preserve. We used to watch the deer frolic from the kitchen window. Actually, we have them here, too. A couple years ago, I almost hit one with my car right here in town.

:blink:

Ok...now that I read that I'm thinking if you ever got bit it could definately have been in NY or Georgia. Sheeeesh Patti....I think those 3 states are in the top 5. :o

But yeah...you just never know. I'm glad you're getting the SIBO test....I think its good to get tested for lots of things. The more you know the better. :)

I'm outdoorsey and everything like that but I never lived in any areas which were woody or where there were deer around. I've been in the Bay Area all my life...total city girl....just would go camping alot during my time off....but somehow I got bit! :angry:

It had to be here in California. <_<

For some reason I'm not afraid of camping or doing all the things I used to do....maybe that will come later when I actually feel better enough to do it?? I'm sure I probably should be a at least a little bit fearful. :huh:

tabasco32 Apprentice

PAIN such pain on the lower left side this morning! have been constipated for 2 days or so. What to do and take in this situation. :( I am taking Miralax but I don't think this is working either. milk of magnesia doesn't work also and causes more pain. I dont want to lose my colon but I don't know what to do. All I eat is chicken, squash and zucchini everyday. Do you think it could be to low fiber? :huh: I eat beans sometimes but I don't know if that helps. I take probiotics, cod liver oil, and sometimes charcoal. What should I do? I heard magnesium supplements are good but I don't know if they will work on me. What to do when In pain? I'm afraid to eat because of this. This is the worst part of this whole ordeal. Got 2 mercury fillings done. 5 More to go. Did one yesterday

dlp252 Apprentice

Thanks Cruiser Bob! I haven't been to Tahoe recently, but used to go there frequently in my younger days...not hiking or camping though. Somewhere around 1994-1995 I went up there and we stayed in a not so ritzy motel, lol. There MAY have been ticks there. :P

I don't know if it would cause D that fast but it certainly sounds like it didn't agree with you.

Yes, definately cancel. Do you really need those anymore?

I'm still debating...I'm almost certain that the allergies were a result of whatever is going on with me. Lyme, mercury, mold, whatever. I'm not nearly as congested as I was before I went gluten/casein free...I think taking some of the burden off my system has helped to keep the allergies in check too.

I called and cancelled for today, lol. I may never go back. :P

What amazes me is that this was in the paper.

Amazes me too!

Donna, sorry you're feeling bad. I don't know about there, but there's a bug going around here. Chloe and Adam felt puny, but it hit me hard. I still have a low grade fever today. I sat out in the sun for 30 minutes, but other than that, I've been lying in bed.

I don't think breast pain is terribly unusual with Lyme ... at least not in my case ... I believe I've seen it mentioned on LN. I can't remember what you're taking, but could you be stirring something up and causing more symptoms?

Well, for Lyme, the only thing specifically I'm taking is the Transfer Factor LymePlus...that COULD be stirring things up. I've had a lot more floaters since I started taking that. Hum, I'll try searching over at LN.

I was thinking. Your work situation is complicated. However, I wonder if you could do your work at home. Have you asked your boss if you could telecommute? I know it could be a long shot, but with the difficulties you are having, maybe they could allow it.

I don't think I could do that regularly, but in instances like this it would work. If I could only figure out how to hook up the fax part of my printer, lol. I've got too many things hooked up and I can't figure out how to get them all to work...only have one phone line which is part of the problem. The attorneys really like having a body there, but in an emergency I think they'd take what they could get. :lol: I know our San Francisco office, who usually handles our overflow work, is also very short handed today, so they won't be able to do our work...that means it has to go to New York. Big bummer. :lol::P

If I can make it until July 1, I'll have worked here 15 years! :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

Bev, why don't you write? Isn't there a book in your head?

Or how about articles about your health journey?

Writing on your own will keep you busy and allow you to rest when you need it.

Patti, exciting news! Can't wait to hear more! Tell me you're coming to Cincy. :rolleyes:

dlp252 Apprentice
Awww.... :(

I'm glad you're at home now and can get some rest. I'm wondering if its one of the supplements?? Or maybe just a little bit of everything upset your system??

or....were there more bumble bars that you're not telling us about??

Notice how I left out the part about the chocolate peanut butter ice cream??

DONT DO IT DONNA!!

It could be a little of everything...I don't know anymore. :P

Nope, not more Bumble Bars! No gluco spice bars (from HN)...for two days now, nothing.

Can't do the PB/Choc ice cream...even before I knew what racheling was I racheled the stupid PB/choc ice cream. Could eat a whole half gallon in one day (and did a few times)...not good. :ph34r: I don't even go into stores that carry it anymore. :lol:

I'm scared to get a massage. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable

I'm glad you're cancelling the shots today.

Strangely, I haven't been uncomfortable with massages. My usual therapist is a female, and I've never felt self conscious or strange, but I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive about seeing the PT guy, lol. I've only ever had the massages from the other place and only from females. I've had a couple of chair massages from the guy our work brings in (have a 15 minute chair massage scheduled for tomorrow). That's it.

Donna- sorry you feel poopy

Thank you, but this just totally made me smile...poopy...diarrhea...poopy. :lol:

One thing I did think of was looking into renting a kiosk at this little shop in Rockport (it's a very quaint, seaside town near here that attracts TONS of tourists) to try to sell some of my pipcs. that would be pretty flexible.

One summer I volunteered as a data recorder on a whale watch so I got to go on a million watches and all I had to do was stand on the deck with the naturalist and record how many humpbacks, minkes, seals etc. that was cool!!!!!!

Open to any suggestions. Except exotic dancing of any type

Both of those sound fun...the kiosk sounds a little more draining though. :P The exotic dancing...well..... :lol:

I may not be living in New Jersey for much longer myself :unsure: More details when I can publically discuss them(sometimes I forget this is the internet) Don't worry--it's all good.

More mystery...lots of mystery lately in this thread! :lol:

PAIN such pain on the lower left side this morning! have been constipated for 2 days or so. What to do and take in this situation. I am taking Miralax but I don't think this is working either. milk of magnesia doesn't work also and causes more pain. I dont want to lose my colon but I don't know what to do. All I eat is chicken, squash and zucchini everyday. Do you think it could be to low fiber? I eat beans sometimes but I don't know if that helps. I take probiotics, cod liver oil, and sometimes charcoal. What should I do? I heard magnesium supplements are good but I don't know if they will work on me. What to do when In pain? I'm afraid to eat because of this. This is the worst part of this whole ordeal. Got 2 mercury fillings done. 5 More to go. Did one yesterday

Wow, so sorry...you are just really having a bad time these days. Magnesium CAN work, but that's what milk of magnesia is so if that bothers you the magnesium probably will too. What you're eating is usually pretty mild, so gosh, don't know about that. Low fiber never seems to constipate me, but sometimes too much fiber will.

Congratulations on the fillings! I forget, is a biological dentist doing the work?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

I am not sure if it was the virus or the antibiotics, or both. It is difficult to say what set this off.

All I know is, I am tired of dealing with it! :angry: Like you said, it could be anything! I have been eating nothing but canned fruits, fresh fruits, canned vegetables, and meat. That is it! I know the Candida may be contributing a lot, because it seems to have gotten worse since I began eating more fruit. Too much fiber is a possibility as well. My colon is cramping, I am bloated, and have painful gas. :(

Dear Lisa,

I would wait a bit to see if the laxatives work. They can take up to 12 hours. I know the unpleasant feeling. I used to get constipated constantly as a young girl. I normally ate plums, bran muffins (obviously a no-no now), and things like that. Castor oil has helped. So has alfalfa tablets. They do not cause cramping or anything. The Candida is likely causing this in you.

Dear Donna,

It would be great if you could work from home even on occaision! :) It is confusing when you have a million cords everywhere! We have that a lot, too! Maybe you could ask somone you know to come over and figure it out for you? That would be what I would do. Luckily, Dad helps me with that stuff. WOW! Fifteen years! That is a long time at one job! You should be proud of yourself for doing so well!

Sincerely,

Jin

jerseyangel Proficient
More mystery...lots of mystery lately in this thread! :lol:

I didn't mean to sound mysterious. I'd tell any one of you, but who knows who else might be reading this..out in cyberspace, I mean.

AndreaB Contributor
animals (cats, dogs, horses)

It wouldn't provide any money but you could volunteer at the humane society. May be too much to play/walk the dogs but you could sit in a chair and love the kitties. :)

Kiosk also sounds good if you can handle that.

Hey, I don't think I told you, if I feel well enough I'm going to the race this weekend.

Hope you have a good time. :)

:lol::lol: I may not be living in New Jersey for much longer myself :unsure: More details when I can publically discuss them ;) (sometimes I forget this is the internet :lol: ) Don't worry--it's all good. :)

You must move closer to the west coast. :P

:blink:

Ok...now that I read that I'm thinking if you ever got bit it could definately have been in NY or Georgia. Sheeeesh Patti....I think those 3 states are in the top 5. :o

I'm thinking it sounds more plausible......especially since Bev and Patti have had similar symptoms.

PAIN such pain on the lower left side this morning! have been constipated for 2 days or so. What to do and take in this situation.

Have you tried chlorella? I don't know what to suggest when the normal stool softeners aren't handled well. What about coconut flour for some added fiber. Maybe coconut itself (or flakes).

If I can make it until July 1, I'll have worked here 15 years! :o

That's a long time!

tabasco32 Apprentice

noglugrl

are you saying that candida is causing me constipation or pain?. I don't use stimulant laxatives. I use stool softeners. So I guess poop is just stuck in my left side. ugh I am tired of dealing with this too!

NoGluGirl Contributor
noglugrl

are you saying that candida is causing me constipation or pain?. I don't use stimulant laxatives. I use stool softeners. So I guess poop is just stuck in my left side. ugh I am tired of dealing with this too!

Dear Lisa,

Yes, Candida causes constipation in many people! It is more common than diarrhea for it. Stool softeners sometimes can be too mild. You probably have a lot of gas, too. It makes you cramp. Stimulant laxatives are wise to stay away from. They normally irritate your body more. I cannot tolerate psyllium husk. I nearly died from that stuff.

Dear Bev,

I think the kiosk sounds great! Selling your stuff would be fun! If you are able to do it, I say go for it! There are a lot of tourists, as you said. That would be an excellent place to sell!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

happygirl Collaborator

Patti, tell me you are moving to my neck of the woods :) We are all going to fight over you.

Speaking of the SIBO, I am starting my sequence of treatment for it, either tonight or tomorrow. Even though I tested neg for it, I'm still having GI issues, so she wants to try it.

I'm home sick today...I think I'm starting to flare again. I seem to be on a two week cycle and its starting. I was worried this might happen as we are leaving tomorrow for my sister's wedding.

Judy, thanks for the info on lymph stuff...I called someone today and I think I'm going to try to get in next week.

Hugs to you all!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Laura, every single time I've had somewhere to go (to see Morgan, to NY, etc.) I got sick the day or two before. I'd end up lying in bed wondering how on earth I'd be able to handle the trip.

I think our minds have more to do with things than we give it credit for because I've always ended up waking up the morning I had to leave feeling the best I had felt in a long time. Every single time.

Let's hope this is what's happening with you right now ... you'll get some rest and feel GREAT for the wedding! :rolleyes:

BTW, this Questran my doc has me taking has worked wonders for my GI problems. Google Questran and toxins-- it's interesting.

happygirl Collaborator

Except I'm out of town many weekends, and some weekends I am fine. I was fine for the race, fine for graduation, etc. Tracking my symptoms (every day since end of february) I am actually able to distinguish when I'm in a flare. I started having strange symptoms during the day yesterday, but then felt ok for the most of the night. Woke up feeling ill today, and have gone down hill since then. Its the exact of how my flare started two weeks ago...and two weeks before that...

In the beginning, I was more on a 1/1.5 week cycle..its starting to extend, but its always inconvenient, as you know!!

Mtndog Collaborator

tabasco, Laura and Donna- I hope you all feel better. tabasco- The Miralax should help you. I don't think you need more fiber as you are not eating a lot. I have had MAJOR constipation for most of my life and fibeer can actually making you worse (not eating it- but taking a fiber supplement). It bulks you up, bloats you and doesn't necessarily work. Well- maybe it works for normal people, but none of us are clearly "normal". :(

Drink lots of water......lots of it. Candida could probably be causing the constipation. I know when I went on the really potent probiotic I'm on, the constipation let up a little.

Have you talked to your doc?

Hmm...jobs. The cool thing about the kiosk is that you don't have to BE there. The woman who owns the store watches over all of them so you can just drop your stuff off. Don't know how much it costs to rent.

Carla- I have several books in me, but I know myself right now and I'm not motivated enough. I would love to write a book about the haunted huts of the White Mountains. Lots of cool, scary stories :ph34r: If I started writing anything other than my dissertation, my hubby would kill me :P

I kind of want something that will get me OUT of the house occasionally. The humane society is a good idea (snuggle kitties and doggies- I'm good at that!) . I want to do this horse rescue, but it's too far away for right now. There are plenty of local shelters.

I wish I could go work at a greenhouse but it would be too much work and there's the darn pesticides :ph34r:

Hmmm...thanks for the suggestions.

patti-Please come to Boston. Oh please oh please oh please!!!!!! The house next door to us is for sale and it's cute and Angus would greet you EVERY morning. He even said he's made you a gluten-free coffee cake cuz he knows you're coming. Actually, it sounded more like "Woof garble garble grrr WOOF!" but I knew what he meant!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Laura, unfortunately, it sounds like a flare ... they are always inconvenient!

I can't believe how hard this stupid cold has hit me! I drove my girls to their flute lesson and felt so dizzy I shouldn't have been on the road. I called Adam and he came home from work early to finish the driving. He has the same cold, but to him it's just a nuisance.

Bev, summer sounds like a perfect time for your dissertation. Since the kiosk doesn't require you to be there, that sounds great, too. And what I've always liked about volunteer work is that when you can't be there, you just can't be there and no on can fire you!

dlp252 Apprentice
I didn't mean to sound mysterious. I'd tell any one of you, but who knows who else might be reading this..out in cyberspace, I mean.

Quite wise!! :P

Archived