This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Yeah...but I really only wanted to know if its normal to "toss cookies" (as Carla so graciously put it :lol: ) after the sauna??

Apparantly it only happens to me. :rolleyes:

:lol: I didn't have time to read any of it, but I did see, and do remember, that saunas CAN cause nausea - - and if this happens one is to immediately exit (unless you become INBARASSED and pull a Rinne! ;)) but no, tossing your cookies I do not think IS normal! :huh::P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Can you get into Bioset to clear pathways when you need to? :unsure:

Yeah....I can schedule to go in if I need to...but I dont feel like I need to.

I get the feeling this is gonna happen regardless.....and I just gotta deal with it. I'm not really in bad shape...going to work everyday...getting stuff done....I'm not depressed....not having problems eating. So its basically just the histamine reactions and not really the stuff I feel when I'm really having big time problems.

It does suck but in a way I feel good knowing that I'm eliminating some toxic stuff. Its a start....eventually if I keep at it...I should be able to stop reacting like this and I should start tolerating more stuff.

I'm doing ok right now because I'm not reacting terribly to my food. The more toxic I am the less I can handle ANY food without reacting. It was like this for a couple days after the coffee enemas. The less toxic I feel...the more foods I can eat.

High toxicity = high food intolerance

Rachel--24 Collaborator
saunas CAN cause nausea - - and if this happens one is to immediately exit (unless you become INBARASSED and pull a Rinne! )

:lol::lol:

I'll never stop laughing over that!

Ok....dragging my toxic body to bed now...yup so early on a friday night. :rolleyes: I need rest....but FIRST...I need cookies!! :D

I wont be tossing these cookies though. :P

and some final thoughts..

Donna....you're gonna do great. Your solo is gonna be beautiful. I dont think they let just anyone do solos. Nope....I'm pretty sure they would NEVER allow me to sing in a group...let alone solo. :lol:

Patti....I cant get to one page but I gather on that page you wrote about getting a rash?? Some bug bites?? Something happened with seeds?? :huh:

There seem to be some quotes from that page so I must investigate this further in the AM. I hope everything is ok though. :)

Bev....cant wait until you write our very own Racheville theme song. I know we already have one...but yeah...we can have two. :D

It will be very special because it will have been written by you....for all of us. :wub:

Susan....give that Stinker of yours lots of hugs. I hope shes feeling ok despite everything. :wub::wub:

and that goes for her mommy too. ;)

JUDY,

THANKS FOR BEING YOU....SUCH A WARM HEARTED AND CARING PERSON!!

LOVE YOU TOO MY FRIEND. :)

Andrea....will try to call this weekend. ;)

Hope T is feeling alot better. :)

Hmmm....I'm sure I dingo'd a ton of stuff and I'm still missing one whole page so kind of have to put pieces together to figure out what the heck is going on around here. Sheeesh...I'm not liking this "glitch" at all. :(

Night Rachelville. :wub:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I just gotta share this with you guys.... :lol::lol:

Found this on LN...in a thread titled..."Simple, Easy and Cheap Diagnosis of Lyme"

A good Lyme disease test that is greatly underutilized is the Coin Flip.

It's more reliable than serology tests; it's very inexpensive (costs as little

as $.01); and it can be done right in the doctor's office.

You get the results immediately, so if they come out positive there is no delay in starting

treatment. If an error occurs during the testing procedure (e.g. the coin rolls underneath the radiator), the test can be quickly and easily repeated.

Of course it is not FDA-approved, but since it's not sold as a commercial test

kit, the FDA does not need to review it.

It works equally well on all strains of Bb, and can be used to test for co-infections.

I think the poster was mocking the person who started the thread...but still...I thought it was funny as heck! :lol:

and then this...

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but the medical community will never accept your new lyme test at an accuracy rate of 50%. It's too high. :P

ROFLMAO.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea....will try to call this weekend. ;)

Hope T is feeling alot better. :)

We'll be up at mom's on Sunday so if you can call make it Saturday or Monday.....I suppose you work Monday though huh. <_< Going to meet my brother at my moms and give him what he knows he wants of dad's and go through the pictures/annuals.

Talitha is doing better but still hurts. I think the pain varies. Pretty positive she just pulled a muscle during a fall. I went to the gluten free store today and the owner commented on how much she's sprouted up. She's grown 1 1/4 inches since her birthday in December. I'm assuming most of that has been recently. I don't think the gluten-free store owner has seen her in a couple months or so.

AndreaB Contributor

Found this on LN...in a thread titled..."Simple, Easy and Cheap Diagnosis of Lyme"

and then this...

:lol::lol::lol:

miamia Rookie
Ok....so I am WAY freakin toxic!! :blink:

Not like thats any kind of shocking new development or anything...but yeah..I'm a toxic dump site. :rolleyes:

I'm realizing that ANYTHING I do to try to detox stirs up a whole lot of stuff. No wonder I wasnt doing well on supplements <_< ....aside from the intolerances I think anything that is meant to promote health or detoxification moves stuff around and gets me sick. :(

After the sauna I had all that nausea, burning eyes, skin and tongue. Also some swelling and throbbing in my head.

It was pretty much the same thing with the chlorella...too much for me to handle...especially both of them together.

So I get the same symptoms from my Nystatin...some days its mild and other days more severe....depending on how toxic I'm already feeling.

I started my coffee enemas (yeah, I know TMI :ph34r: ). Just dont look at my picture as I talk about enemas...OK?? :ph34r:

Anyways.....major burning of eyes, mouth, swelling of head, nauseusness, etc. It started out minor but worsened as I did it for 3 consequetive days.

So then I went ahead and did my first castor oil pack. OMG....it was even worse than the enemas. Now I'm realizing its an accumulation of all those toxins being mobilized. Coffee enema especially stimulates the liver to dump toxins....and I imagine not all of them are getting excreted.

I *think* the symptoms I get (the burning and swelling)....are histamine reactions. I think once the toxins start mobilizing and floating around...my immune system responds...increasing histamine.

I'm pretty much always in this state to some degree but yeah...exposure really can set things off making it worse. Whether its perfume, foods, my own adreneline (hormones etc.) and apparantly even the process of trying to remove some of these toxins.

I rested my body for a few days but didnt feel much better...then realized I had forgotten to take my charcoal for a couple days. :o

Taking the charcoal helped alot. I dont know how I managed the past few years without it.

Ever since I had to say goodbye to my ice cream (I still stare at it in the freezer though :P ) I've been more constipated. The ice cream for some reason totally made me regular. :huh:

I'm getting alot of fiber now...from oatmeal cookies and stevia. It might be too much fiber?? I saw Donna mention something about this. :unsure:

Anyways because of the constipation I went back to enema to clear out stuff....I'm on nystatin, cats claw and noni...and I dont want dead bugs hanging out. Got enough problems with toxins...thank you very much. :P

All I'm doing now is plain warm water enema...and STILL...the same symptoms of burning eyes, mouth, swelling, extreme nausea, etc. I do 2 consequetive enemas and its the second one which really gets stuff loose...and this is when I start getting symptoms....but at the same time I'm also getting rid of alot of garbage.

I dont feel toooooo bad talking about this since Donna's real good about discussing her episodes of "D". :lol:

Thanks for making this easier Donna. :P

I told my friend that I must be just incredibly toxic and also incredibly sensitive to these toxins....hence all the immune responses. :(

In the past I would have stopped what I'm doing....thinking I'm making things worse. Now I'm thinking I'm doing the right thing in getting rid of stuff but I'm just gonna continue having these reactions until my immune system isnt so overwhelmed anymore.

Getting rid of the mercury is the main thing but maybe getting all this other garbage out first will really help with the mercury detox.

My friends that I've talked to about it say that yeah...I need to push forward with this.....that I didnt feel good when I was accumulating all this poison and I'm not gonna feel so good trying to get rid of it either.

I'm gonna just stick to the more mild detox stuff...little at a time...alternating these things and then when (or if) I stop getting these symptoms I can try supplements and some of the other stuff I havent tolerated so far....like the chlorrela.

What do you guys think?? I'm thinking I'm in the range of really high toxicity considering most people dont throw up after the saunas or get these symptoms from a plain enema. :unsure:

Rachel-

I think its really good that you are doing the enemas it is soooo...... important to get rid of the toxins. WE don't realize how much our system can hold on to. Plus I think its good for you to be detoxing without haveing to take something in addition to all the stuff you are already taking.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

miamia Rookie

ok some scientificness-

this is mostly from this candida bk I read that actually had alot of useful info.

" Enemas are a must for most candida patients" he suggests taking a baby enema and filling it with acidophilus, pau d' arc tea or and antifungal med thaat you take so you get high doses of yeast fighters in the more distal and high concentrated zones of Candida. - and he said this is shown to " benefit in eliminating the fogginess of the brain"

Also he talks alot about the spleen- which we have not talked to much about. what I thought was really interesting was that he says when the spleen ahs a deiciency of energy (which is true for most candidites (/I made that word up)) any food intake will be followed by a reaction resembling an alergic symptom to those foods. In reality its not it is the spleen showing it does not have the strength to do its job.

Ok I hope this makes sense I am feeling prettty awful I was going to go down to 1 diflucan again but my doc really wants me to at least stay at the2 for the weekend. I had a horrible day yesturday I don't know if its die off or what but I have not felt this bad in a long time.

jerseyangel Proficient

Miamia :( Sorry that you're feeling so awful. I had hoped that by now you'd at least be turning a corner with the new treatment. If you feel that you need to go down to one Difflucan, then I think you should. Even if it slows things down some, it sounds like you need a break.

Rachel :( The toxicity--you poor thing...That is all just so much to deal with--I don't know how you do it. I'm far from an expert on the subject, but I hope that you'll go slow and be gentle with yourself. It sounds like your system is very quick to respond to everything.

Mtndog Collaborator

A good Lyme disease test that is greatly underutilized is the Coin Flip.

It's more reliable than serology tests; it's very inexpensive (costs as little

as $.01); and it can be done right in the doctor's office.

You get the results immediately, so if they come out positive there is no delay in starting

treatment. If an error occurs during the testing procedure (e.g. the coin rolls underneath the radiator), the test can be quickly and easily repeated.

Of course it is not FDA-approved, but since it's not sold as a commercial test

kit, the FDA does not need to review it.

It works equally well on all strains of Bb, and can be used to test for co-infections.

I think the poster was mocking the person who started the thread...but still...I thought it was funny as heck! :lol:

and then this...

ROFLMAO.

OMG- that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the response too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carla- thanks for posting the Burrascano guidelines- gonna read that over when I get a chance. It will be interesting to compare that with what my LLMD is recommending for supplements.

Rachel- My friend Michael once joked that I must have been the CEO of a toxic waste company in a former life- I

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah...but I really only wanted to know if its normal to "toss cookies" (as Carla so graciously put it :lol: ) after the sauna??

Apparantly it only happens to me. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised "sauna" and "nausea" brings up stuff ... I sometimes get a little nauseous. On those days I just don't stay in as long. I can always stay in for 30 minutes ... I just try to stay in for an hour.

Sometimes I get nauseous for no apparent reason, too. I think that just has to do with the Lyme. I've had that since before I knew it was Lyme.

JUDY, I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING SOME ANSWERS!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kefir enema?? Oh my, the thought of it makes me shudder. Ewww.

Do enemas do anything for you if your bowels move really well, perhaps even a little too well?

If you really get into them, you can go get a colonic ... they apparently reach further, but giving yourself an enema is already a treat ... can't imagine letting someone else do it .... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Bev, thankfully, my kids are old enough to take care of themselves. They really carry the load around here, along with Adam. I've been in bed most of the week this week ... this cold really hit me hard.

I've really had a terrible sore throat, too. Can you get strep when you're already on antibiotics? I know these antibiotics will kill strep, but can it make me sick if I'm on them already? That's what it's felt like ... but then again, maybe part of what I'm feeling is a herx from the cold causing a fever.

My fever left yesterday and I was able to sit at one of the softball games, but I've been really wiped out. I took a sauna yesterday ... lasted 30 minutes. I've sat out in the sun every day, I think we really underestimate the value of the sun and its effect on the immune system.

So, with no appetite, I'm skinny ... with working out, I'm muscular ... and with lying out in the sun, I'm tan ... who'd ever guess I was SICK?! Adam laughs about it. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Ok I hope this makes sense I am feeling prettty awful I was going to go down to 1 diflucan again but my doc really wants me to at least stay at the2 for the weekend. I had a horrible day yesturday I don't know if its die off or what but I have not felt this bad in a long time.

Thanks for posting that Miamia. I do hope you get through the weekend ok or move down to 1 diflucan. Only 2 more days.

So, with no appetite, I'm skinny ... with working out, I'm muscular ... and with lying out in the sun, I'm tan ... who'd ever guess I was SICK?! Adam laughs about it. :lol:

Yep, you sound like you LOOK very healthy. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Thanks for posting that Miamia. I do hope you get through the weekend ok or move down to 1 diflucan. Only 2 more days.

Now I know what I forgot to mention ... Mia, it's bound to hurt a little to get rid of some of that candida ... I'm sorry it does, and I hope the weekend isn't too bad for you. In the end, I think you'll start feeling better ... it's one of those feel worse before you feel better things.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I used to play the violin, so I can read music. Just remember the FACE going up the scale for the spaces. EGBDF (Every Good Boy Does Fine) for the lines is how to remember those notes. I cannot sing well in a group, because I hear too much of everyone around me. I cannot hear myself. That makes it hard to stay in key. :blink:

Dear Carla,

I am sorry to hear that nasty cold caused you to feel so rough. I have had some bad colds before as well. As far as I know, you should be able to avoid Strep. Being on antibiotics should help you there. On the bright side, you look great!

;)

As far as the nausea goes, I can totally relate to that. It is the hardest symptom to deal with for me.

It seems lately nothing sets well with my stomach. No matter what I eat, I seem to react to it. I have had to take Promethazine more than I normally do.

Dear Patti,

Those things could be an allergic reaction. The seeds are a possibility. A lot of people seem to have issues with seeds. I do alright if I do not eat too many. Keep an eye on them, anyway. An antihistimine probably will help if it is an allergic response.

Dear Judy,

It sounds like you had a productive appointment! :) We are anxious to hear what all you have to tell us! It is awful all that information got obliterated. These computers can be so moody! :angry: If you have to tell us a little here and there, that is okay. Whichever is better for you.

Your results from the test will hopefully show something!

Dear Charlie,

I agree with Carla. It looks like you are having a herx. That would make sense. You just started that medication, and you have felt rough. I was having a hard time with that after I took Flagyl.

I think it activated the Lyme. I was doing quite well up until then. I hope you begin to recover soon.

Dear Mia,

I am sorry you are having such a rough time, too! :( I have heard some good things about enemas for Candida. It flushes it out of the colon. It loves to hide there. That is why your lower abdomen tends to bloat when you have it. Feel better soon! ;)

Dear Bev,

It amazes me how some of the people on here work and do this, too. I have my own fledgling business I am trying to get going, and it takes a lot of energy. It will be worth it when things get going.

For the time being, I have to settle for just being busy! :lol: Between that and school, it can get exhausting!

Dear Rachel,

I think you are right. When the body is highly toxic, any form of detox can irritate it. The mobilization of metals, Candida, bacteria or parasites can cause a complete herx or flare. This makes a lot of sense to me! I have not done the enemas, but I do recall I did a little better once getting back from IU, and I think it was from my colon being cleaned out. A lot of poison gets trapped in the colon, so that would likely be why.

ROTFLMAO! :lol: I loved that post from Lyme Net! That was hilarious! I believe the coin toss is better than most diagnostic tools the doctors use! Anything that has a reasonable accuracy rate would never be approved by the FDA! :lol:

Dear Susan,

Poor Stinker! :( It is difficult to have to see them suffer and not know how to help. Dart had a seizure again last night. He was doing really well for the most part, but he had an attack yesterday. I just rocked him back and forth like he likes until it passed. He did recovery quickly, though. That was good. It only lasted about ten minutes or so. That is much better than in the past. He used to drool, and all kinds of other things. He had some that were so bad he actually threw up afterwards. They severity is much less than before, and the new medication is helping. Hopefully your babies will start treatment and recover soon, too!

Sincerely,

Jin

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Charlie, my LLMD has me on a lot of immune support -- supplements -- vitamins, minerals, Oncoplex (broccoli sprouts), Host Defense (mushrooms), etc.

I would suggest looking at the Burrascano guidelines for the supplements he recommends if your LLMD hasn't recommended any. When you start them, first wait till you've been on the mino for a while, then start no more than one new one every three or four days to watch for reaction.

I could take a lot right away, but oddly enough, I was taking almost the same supplements on my own as Burrascano recommends, so my system was used to them.

Rachel's right about exercise, too. It raises your body temperature and brings oxygen to the bacteria. I exercised a lot prior to starting meds, so it hasn't been bad for me. If you exercise now, continue, if not, start slowly.

I really recommend the Burrascano guidelines. It's a great overview of treatment, detox, etc. You can find it on Open Original Shared Link. I think detoxing properly is the single most important thing in being able to handle the treatment. If you can't get rid of the dead bacteria, you will feel bad.

I've been taking some supplements regularly for a while... CoQ10 as a migraine preventative, multi-vitamin, DHEA, and probiotics, which I doubled while I was taking the mino but probably won't double at first while restarting the mino at just once a day... others I've taken at times but nothing else regularly recently..

my LLMD recommended an immune system support supplement (AG Immune), but I'm not sure I want to get it because it has a whey extract and I haven't had dairy in 15 months... I'm slowly transitioning from being so concerned about food intolerances across the board, but I don't think I'm ready to add a dairy-derived supplement daily, let alone one day...

as for exercise, I've been either going to the gym or playing ball twice a week on avg since mid-January... surprisingly, even though I haven't felt good balance most of the week, I was able to get in a couple hours of basketball on Wed. night... I think that actually made me feel a little worse on Thursday and Friday, which probably lends more credence to the stirring up lyme inside of me angle instead of an adverse rxn to the med itself...

I've heard about the burrascano guidelines a number of times.. I'll probably check them out in the next few days...

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Carla,

Definately enemas are still useful even when the bowels are moving. When you're dealing with Lyme, candida or any other toxic illness...its used more to flush out toxins and this can help even if you're not constipated.

The coffee one especially is good for stimulating the liver to dump toxins. Its probably too much for me right now....unless maybe I only did it once in awhile. You could probably tolerate them much better and its just another really good way to eliminate toxins.

The enemas also loosen up the stuff thats not passing through in normal bm's. You could read up on it and see if its anything that might help as part of your detox regime. ;)

I have alot of info on enemas. I never did probiotic enema but I did do some nystatin enemas a couple years ago. I think its good to just start with luke warm water and let yourself get used to it. I rub my abdomen while I'm retaining the enema and it really is effective in loosening stuff up for me.

Just that when things get lossened...I get nauseus. :rolleyes:

Bev...heres some links:

Open Original Shared Link

I have a bag with attachments that I hang up. Its pretty easy to do. Someone had told me I could find this stuff in drugstores with pharmacies but I couldnt find it anyhwere so ended up ordering online. It wasnt expensive. I think maybe $20 or less.

Oh yeah...if anyone tries it...dont make your coffee enema (or any type enema) in a teflon or aluminum pot. They say use only stainless steel, glass or the safe ceramic cookware.

Bev...I figured I wont be shy about posting since I've already made my enemas public knowledge. :P:ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Several years ago I was really focused on detoxing and used enemas periodically. I didn't notice much difference, but I'm sure they did something. Every little bit helps.

Charlie, just be sure your LLMD knows everything you take. I used to take CoQ10, but it interacts with one of my meds. I think it's the Mepron.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Hi, everybody,

I can't begin to keep up with this thread, but I try to check in just to make sure you guys are all still okay!

Patti, if it isn't DH, could it possibly be chicken pox? I know "they" say that you can't get it twice, but "they" have been wrong about most of the problems with our collective health, so why not chicken pox? (And I do know someone who swears he got it twice). Besides, the way the vaccines are affecting things these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the chicken pox virus (and others) could mutate.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Alison....I answered your question about my radioactive iodine earlier this morning but my post got lost. I've been having alot of problems with the board lately. :(

I'll go back later and try again. :)

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

rachel,

a few days ago I saw you asked about the correlation between the cd57 results and the severity of the lyme symptoms... I think my result of 60 is representative of how the lyme is affecting me (or at least was before I started the mino)

I certainly have an active infection that I feel is strongly contributing to my neuro and visual symptoms as well as some general body and physical symptoms... but at the same time, I'm able to work (though I'm only at 30 hrs currently), play ball again after not being able to last year, and go out and do most of what I would normally do as long as I plan my eating accordingly... I think the lyme is certainly inhibiting me, moreso in certain ways, but I also feel that I've kept it from manifesting itself even worse through the dieting, supplements, exercise, etc.... so yeah, I think the 60 is pretty accurate

Rachel--24 Collaborator
rachel,

a few days ago I saw you asked about the correlation between the cd57 results and the severity of the lyme symptoms... I think my result of 60 is representative of how the lyme is affecting me (or at least was before I started the mino)

Thanks for weighing in on that. :)

I do think everyones results match up really good. I was hoping to see Mia's results too.

I do think my symptoms are more directly related to toxicity from the other stuff and not so much from the Lyme. I think this is why I have more problems with the chemical and food intolerances than with fatigue, joint pain, muscle pain or other classic lyme symptoms. Those symptoms are there but very mild...however they can increase very drastically if I werent careful with the molds, chemicals and other things. There was a time when I was overcome by those symptoms but not so much anymore...which is why I'm able to work again....I'm working a full 40 hr. week.

If my symptoms didnt improve as much as they did just from lifestyle change I would think the Lyme had a stronger foothold. So I think because I'm not getting major flare-ups and things occurring which are out of my control and unrelated to what I'm doing with detox or diet....I think my CD57 count is a good indicator of how well my immune systems holding it back....for now.

I'm thinking it could also help in determining if other causes are contributing to symptoms....like if the CD57 goes way up with treatment but a person still feels really bad. Then maybe instead of disregarding the CD57 other things should be looked into more closely...especially co-infections or possible need for chelation??

There is also the fact that I wasnt sick at all prior to my 2 amalgams getting drilled out unsafely....and from then on a very rapid decline in my health. One of my LLMDS said that Lyme and Babs dont hit like that....the infections work slowly to gain ground. A healthy person doesnt just go from normal to very sick (seemingly overnight) from the infections alone. She said the decline is more gradual with more and more symptoms appearing over time....not like what I experienced.

So I'm guessing that prior to my getting sick from the mercury my CD57 count was probably much higher...so the Lyme has probably gained ground during this time and if not treated the count would probably continue to decline.

Thank God it hasnt gotten real bad because I'm dealing with alot already...cant imagine if the infection were out of hand on top of all this. :unsure:

dlp252 Apprentice

Well BioSET was certainly interesting, and I got to meet Scott's mom. :lol:

Today we did food additives--only the last half. I reacted to nearly every category and to almost everything. Sadder, they were cross-reacting with tons of stuff...organs and body systems and such. Then she checked which organs were being affected. Nearly every single organ or body function was affected! I had so many "red" organs, lol. :lol: My cup was definitely runnething over. :P Next week we do the first half of the food additives (they had to do it backwards because another patient was being tested for the first half today).

My energy readings were low again this week too.

I'm getting alot of fiber now...from oatmeal cookies and stevia. It might be too much fiber?? I saw Donna mention something about this.

Yes, too much fiber will definitely stop me up. Things work better for me if I have between 15-25 grams of fiber a day...more than that is cause for problems, lol. I just want to add that, that amount goes against all doctor's recommendations, but that's just the way my body seems to work

I dont feel toooooo bad talking about this since Donna's real good about discussing her episodes of "D".

Thanks for making this easier Donna.

What do you guys think?? I'm thinking I'm in the range of really high toxicity considering most people dont throw up after the saunas or get these symptoms from a plain enema.

Glad to help a friend! :lol: I think you're right about the really high toxicity thing!

Hugs and love to all. I am so worried about my Stinker. more sideways/falling/tilting than ever, and of course she decides to do this on a three-day weekend. Well, there's nothing life-threatening, nothing terribly urgent, I just don't like to see her this way.....

Aw, poor stinker! It's really hard to watch it. It was really hard to watch some of Chip's episodes too. The saddest thing is when she'd walk over to a corner and just stand there with her head in the corner, or when she'd come over to where I was standing and just butt her head against my leg (like a head butt, but only she'd not butt it, she'd just leave it there). One day I came home and she felt so bad she barely raised her head up as I came in the door...she had ALWAYS got up to greet me, no matter how bad she had felt.

Judy - so glad you are happy with your appointment...I can't wait to hear more about it when you are up to it! And, if the lyme testing comes back negative, don't necessarily give up on that.

Charlie - sorry you are not feeling well! I think I've stirred up some bugs of my own. :(

Jin - the FACE and EGBDF is about the only thing I can remember, lol...doesn't help me, but I remember it! :lol:

Hi to everyone else...I'm going out to play dominoes tonight, lol, so don't get too wild while I'm out. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Patti,

I'm wondering if you might indeed be sensitive to molds?? The trail mix would be very moldy...nuts, seeds and especially dried fruit are all high in mold.

I sometimes get what I call "bug bites" but they only occur on my toes. :huh:

They look exactly like bites and itch real bad so the first couple times it happened I thought I'd been bitten several times on my toes.

Eventually I realized it wasnt that...especially since it would happen in the winter too and I'm always wearing socks...even to bed. Sometimes the bites would stay for weeks and drive me crazy and my skin would get raw. They would be on almost all my toes (both feet)...never anywhere else.

It was always because of something I was eating or taking. It doesnt happen anymore...its been several months but I'm 99% sure it had something to do with molds. <_<

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Yes, too much fiber will definitely stop me up. Things work better for me if I have between 15-25 grams of fiber a day...more than that is cause for problems, lol. I just want to add that, that amount goes against all doctor's recommendations, but that's just the way my body seems to work

Yeah...I wonder how much fiber 2 cups of oats has? I'll have to look into that..and also the packets of stevia. It could also be the charcoal...I'm pretty sure that can cause constipation as well.

Its just so sad that I cant ice cream because that definately gave me the most normal bm's I've had in a long time. Maybe it would have caused "D" but with me having the tendency to be constipated...maybe the dairy sort of evened everything out. :unsure:

Archived