This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango, I really wanted to say this about 10 pages back :lol: , but I really admire your adventurous spirit. When I want to shake things up for myself, I think haircut or maybe adding in pilates classes :lol::lol:

hehe thanks. I guess new pilates classes just weren't doing it for me anymore....but a new pilates class that happens to be in a whole different hemisphere - that might do the trick. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
evie Rookie

:)

Evie,

60 years, wow. :o impressive!!!!! Well done!!!

Someone asked for a report on hubbies surgery, will have more next week on whether his breast biopsy is cancerous or not. So far he sure has done well, using ice pack as told to do and being fairly quiet. I am the one that had the nap!! thanks all for the concern and the prayers. :) this is his 3rd one & others have been benign. evie

penguin Community Regular
Wow!! Pickard, yesterday was our 60th anniversary, we married young! We were home quietly but will celebrate/ our family here in september when our 3 girls will be here & some of the grands too. congrats in august to you!! :):)

That's awesome, Evie! I hope we get there one day, 1 year down, 59 more to go :P

VydorScope Proficient
That's awesome, Evie! I hope we get there one day, 1 year down, 59 more to go :P

Yea I hope my wife lets me live ot see our 60th, only umm 50 more to go!!!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Julie,

Thanks for your post....it was very informative. I never heard of a laparoscopy. :unsure:

I'm gonna have to find out about it though. I'm gonna really start paying better attention but I think the problem isnt with the ovaries. That long span of pain I had I was eating those crackers the entire time. <_<

I have the pain sporadically but I'm guessing if I'd have kept track it would have been all the times I'm bloated after eating something I shouldnt have...like today. I'm gonna wait to see what the next ultrasound shows.

I was wondering the same thing about what really happens on the inside when we are glutened.....could it look like what the obgyn saw yesterday? She did say my bowels were overactive so you're right about that. I think she couldnt get a clear view of the ovaries because everything was moving...she said normally it would be still. There was just too much movement. She actually showed me the screen and it was moving alot but I dont know whats what anyway....I didnt know what the heck I was looking at. :huh:

You guys are funny...I posted on my lunch. I just barely got off work. I was later than normal today because of the d this morning....well, that and the fact that I keep hitting snooze for hours. :P

Celia,

Love the new avatar. You look so happy in that pic. :)

Picard - I think Rachel did the hijacking somewhere on page 15 or so, lol. :lol:

:lol::lol: Good one ;)

I think I've "hijacked" this thread too many times to count! :D

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel, do you feel better yet? :unsure:

rinne Apprentice

Congratulations Evie, 60 years, WOW, I hope you have a wonderful celebration.

This thread seems to be increasing incrementally, the more posts there are - the more postings are made. :lol:

Celia, what a lovely photo.

Christina, thank you for posting those links. I think so many of our problems come from trusting that those who market health to us actually care about our health. I'm including the wheat and dairy boards that provided educational materials to us as children in that statement. Rachel had posted some information earlier in the thread about MSG and gelcaps which made me question whether health food supplements are really healthy. :angry: You made me think I should try and find a glamorous photo of myself and post it but then I'd have to figure out techy stuff and I'm not too good at that. As for your photo, even unglammed you are lovely. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I want to be happy like that again.

And you will....I promise. ;)

Rachel, do you feel better yet? :unsure:

I do Andrea...I'm feeling alot better than this morning. Its not out of my system yet though. Still got some rumbling going on...it'll just hit me all of a sudden and then go away. I'm gonna be extra good with my diet....I slacked off the last couple days cuz of not going to the store and just eating the bad stuff that I still have. Not too smart....I'm paying for it now. The only good thing is that at least the doc saw something "not right" on the ultrasound. Maybe if I hadnt messed up on my diet it would have appeared normal.

AndreaB Contributor
I do Andrea...I'm feeling alot better than this morning. Its not out of my system yet though. Still got some rumbling going on...it'll just hit me all of a sudden and then go away. I'm gonna be extra good with my diet....I slacked off the last couple days cuz of not going to the store and just eating the bad stuff that I still have. Not too smart....I'm paying for it now. The only good thing is that at least the doc saw something "not right" on the ultrasound. Maybe if I hadnt messed up on my diet it would have appeared normal.

Can't overlook those blessings in disquise. I have to agree with you there. How about tossing those foods you still have that don't like you very well? Notice I said they don't like you...not that you don't like them. :P

I want to be happy like that again.

Give it time Celia. It took a long time to get sick...it will take some time to heal.

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Celia, I'm a bit confused. Do you have a new avatar that I'm not seeing? The one I see is the one where you're holding the baby, but that's the one I've always seen.

Cissie

jerseyangel Proficient
Celia, I'm a bit confused. Do you have a new avatar that I'm not seeing? The one I see is the one where you're holding the baby, but that's the one I've always seen.

Cissie

Cissie--Hit your "refresh" button :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Celia--I just know that you're well on your way to being happy the way you were before :D You have us to help now :D

Evie--Congratulations on your 60 years together! I'm 1/2 way there! My best wishes to your husband--and may he recieve good news from the doctor :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What do you think, in your case is causing your symptoms of facial swelling, puffiness and jaw pain/joint/neck pain then, what do you think causes that to happen?

Leaky gut.

Remember...I explained all this lots of times over the last year. I gave you lots of details and I've told you exactly what causes the swelling etc. Nothing's changed....I still feel my symptoms are caused by leaky gut, as do my doctors.

jerseyangel Proficient
Thanks Patti, I do feel better but not 100%, how have you been feeling?

When I first started gluten free eating I was all over the place, running to health food stores and all that stuff, I think now that I've calmed down a bit and am not overly worried about it, I'm doing better. I think the first couple of months I was really freaked out. I just am careful and try not to let the fear of being glutened occupy my mind constantly, because no matter how careful you are it can still happen, you just have to deal with it when it does.

Celia--I know what you mean. You said it perfectly--we can't dwell on what could happen. I tend to do that--I've always been that way. I've been kind of up and down for months now. As I've identified my other intolerances and eliminated them, I've felt better as soon as I cut out the food. But, after a while, I always get symptoms again. I'm running out of things to suspect. One thing that dawned on me yesterday was that the first 4 months I was gluten-free, I was doing fine. About that time, we bought a new refrigerator with filtered water thru the door. Before that, I had been drinking only Poland Spring water. I don't know if it was a coincidance, but that is about when my symptoms came back and I began the elimination diets. Anyway, not knowing what else to do, I switched back to the Poland Spring yesterday. My stomach has been perfectly calm all day! Went to the bathroom once--this morning (all normal)--and that was it! To coin Rachel's phrase--OMG--I might be on to something!!!!! My wonderful husband stopped at Sam's Club tonight and bought me a case of the Poland Spring water :D We'll see if this makes any difference. I'm just so sick of this one step forward, two steps back--it's been a year :blink:

What do you all think? Am I grasping at straws?

Green12 Enthusiast
Celia--I know what you mean. You said it perfectly--we can't dwell on what could happen. I tend to do that--I've always been that way. I've been kind of up and down for months now. As I've identified my other intolerances and eliminated them, I've felt better as soon as I cut out the food. But, after a while, I always get symptoms again. I'm running out of things to suspect. One thing that dawned on me yesterday was that the first 4 months I was gluten-free, I was doing fine. About that time, we bought a new refrigerator with filtered water thru the door. Before that, I had been drinking only Poland Spring water. I don't know if it was a coincidance, but that is about when my symptoms came back and I began the elimination diets. Anyway, not knowing what else to do, I switched back to the Poland Spring yesterday. My stomach has been perfectly calm all day! Went to the bathroom once--this morning (all normal)--and that was it! To coin Rachel's phrase--OMG--I might be on to something!!!!! My wonderful husband stopped at Sam's Club tonight and bought me a case of the Poland Spring water :D We'll see if this makes any difference. I'm just so sick of this one step forward, two steps back--it's been a year :blink:

I'm in the same boat and also so sick of one step forward, two steps back. I try to just do the best I can and not obsess about it all, but when you are constantly getting sick from what you are eating it's kind of hard not to focus on every little thing.

I think the water could be a possibility, it wouldn't hurt to test out your theory. it would be an easy thing to remedy if it does turn out to be just the water rather than something more complicated.

Good luck :)

VydorScope Proficient

Is it filtered water? Maybe theres somthing in the filter? Or CC form other ppls cups... exply around the drinking surfaces.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
On a lighter note, it in the high 90's here after weeks of rain.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Grrrrr......what I wouldn't do for rain (I am a freak and love rain and fog, now why did I leave Monterey again?) It's the high one-hundred-and-TENS here after weeks of.......high nineties and ONE HUNDREDS......I am bloody sick of it and just have to pray like heck we don't have a brownout, as we did last month :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient
Is it filtered water? Maybe theres somthing in the filter? Or CC form other ppls cups... exply around the drinking surfaces.

Yes, it's filtered. There's a filter right in the fridge. I changed it when the indicator light came on. Don't think it's CC. Maybe you would know this Vincent--I think those filters have charcoal in them--there wouldn't be wheat in that like there is in cooking charcoal--would there?

Green12 Enthusiast
Wow!! Pickard, yesterday was our 60th anniversary, we married young! We were home quietly but will celebrate/ our family here in september when our 3 girls will be here & some of the grands too.

Evie,

What a milestone, cheers to you and your husband on your 60th wedding anniversary! I have all the admiration in the world for you guys, it's something to really aspire to. Sounds like it will be a wonderful celebration with your kids and grandkids :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I totally think you might be on to something...not grasping at straws at all. I've thought about the impurities in water lots of times. I wash all my fruits and veggies and I often wonder if I should not be doing that. With my highly sensitive system...her I am, washing all my organic food with regular tap water. :blink:

I think I'm causing more harm than good...do I really need to wash them? Tap water probably has all kinds of bad stuff in it. Sometimes if I react a tiny bit to my fruit...I wonder if its actually the water. :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Evie - 60 years - congratulations! Tell us, what's the secret?? :)

Green12 Enthusiast
I know, it's such a hard thing to deal with.

I want to take up kickboxing and write words like leaky gut, gluten, corn, dairy, celiac, immune system, hives, allergies, grains, and so on all over the punching bag and then beat the H E L L out of it.

Anyone want to join me??

:lol::lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Evie,

What a milestone, cheers to you and your husband on your 60th wedding anniversary! I have all the admiration in the world for you guys, it's something to really aspire to. Sounds like it will be a wonderful celebration with your kids and grandkids :)

WOAH

I must have missed this! :o

60 years!! That is so impressive. Congrats to you Evie.....and your hubby too! :D

jerseyangel Proficient
I want to take up kickboxing and write words like leaky gut, gluten, corn, dairy, celiac, immune system, hives, allergies, grains, and so on all over the punching bag and then beat the H E L L out of it.

Anyone want to join me??

YES YES YES!!!! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Anyone want to join me??

LMAO.....Julie, that got me laughing so freakin hard!!

I would SOOO LOVE to join you in punching the heck outta that bag!!

Archived