This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Judy,

Patti has been on today. Just hasn't been posting over here. :)

Patti can't wait to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow.

How are you doing today?......if you come back on tonight. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI ANDREA

HOW IS 'T' DOING TODAY ALSO FORGOT TO ASK THAT.

IT'S GOOD KIDS ARE SO TOUGH ISN'T ?

GLAD YOU SAW PATTI ON LINE TODAY

YES HOPE SHE COMES ON.

IF SHE'S WORSE........YOU KNOW PATTI........SHE PRBABLY WON'T POST THAT BIT OF INFO...

:ph34r: DID THAT GET YOUR GOAT ENOUGH TO POST PATTI.

AGAIN..PRAYING FOR ANSWERS AND A GOOD DR AND A OUTSTANDING APT TOMORROW.

WHAT TIME IS IT.

WHEN DO I START THE PRAYERS UP????

tabasco32 Apprentice

HELP!!

It feels like my colon wants to go into labor, sounds like alien in their and like I ate a gallon of pop rocks candy!! any clue? is it the charcoal?

hey jin

when I clear up the candida do you know if it said the ic will go away? I pray it does.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hmm, that's an interesting theory, Rachel. It could be right.

Since most cold/flu symptoms are the immune systems response to the presence of the bacteria/virus, I was thinking the opposite -- that when the immune system is over-burdened that it doesn't put up a fight because there's no fight in it.

I wonder if either theory is correct?

tabasco32 Apprentice

also I know tmi, but am I suppose to see little black specks of charcoal in my poo and toilet paper?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

I wish I had a juicer! I bet many people leave theirs' sit. My aunt does not use hers much now.

I would love to have one! The greens can be expensive, but if you grow them in your own garden, that could save you money! The greens are great to alkalinize your system and to flush out toxins!

Dear Bev,

Thank you for the compliments! Yep, I am silly! :P It is fun to be goofy! I enjoy making people laugh. Humor is important.

Lay's are dangerous! The Tostitos made me ill before. I had to stop eating them. The Lay's Stax are safe. I did well on those. They are made on dedicated lines. Plus, the plastic tubes they come in are good for making your own cookie dough and freezing it. Then you can have your own slice and bake cookies! ;)

Dear Susan,

Comic relief is a good thing! :lol: I enjoy making people happy. I think a lot of people can relate to an insane family. I thought if I could have a sitcom, it would be called "Where I Live". My parents and brother are enough material as it is! :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
She is now clear and pregnant with her first baby and SHE HAD HER FIRST PIZZA last week!!!!!!!!!!! See THERE is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!! :D:D

Seeee.....thats what I've been saying (on that other heinous thread)....some people CAN overcome the food intolerances when they are properly diagnosed. This would be non-celiac gluten sensitivity.....and I'm totally gonna have PIZZA again. B)

YAY for her!! :D

Lyme is a bacteria.....it can cause problems in the GI tract just as it can cause problems anywhere in the body....and then with its "buddies" (coinfections, metals and candida)...it would be shocking if you DONT end up with food intolerance.

Thanks for sharing Bev! :)

I'm totally gonna have pizza again! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor
Dear Judy,

Hugs to you too! Severe weather sure is something we have in common! We get it all of the time! Evansville is right in Tornado Alley! I am used to it, though. The new people in town are so obvious. They freak when the weather gets bad.

Sincerely,

Jin

jin...thanks kido.

i was looking on line for you for the toaster bags on QVC and another site...but they were'nt there. I know your finances are limited so when i got the toast bags i also got the sheet you put on a cookie sheet or pizza pan and you'll always be protected from gluten.

you can wash up to 100 times.

If Patti sees this maybe she can find the link again.

mine was old but didn't come up in a new search either.

they saved me while traveling b/c you just put on any counter etc and your safe.

the toaster bags you put bread etc in or do a grilled cheese..( I can't b/casue of lactose and casein. NOt sure of your issues ..........

anyway.........have you been through a tornada?

We had one that was 15 miles away and the debris from it came clear over to us..like pictures etc...the Easter Tornado in Zenia Ohio.

I'm not scared fro myself in stores.......just don't wnat my computer to get zapped.

i've never done the fast reply so have no idea where this will show up

i am 3 pages behind.

wish i could answer all of you.

will in time.

let's see where this goes...hopefully at the end of the thread???

judy

oh good it's on the end of thread

bev see you

read you have not had a good weekend health wise and hubby went out on the bike.

we'll get better i know

so far the SIBO meds are agreeing with me BUT...........BOTH ANKLES ARE SO SWOLLEN.

EVEN THE SMALL 'R' ONE...

TIME WILL TELL

THE PT FOR MLD IS TO CALL ME TOMORROW AS HAVE A NEW REFURAL JUST IN TIME I GUESS.

HOPE YOUR OK.

HAVE SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON.

WAS HOPING PATTI HAD POSTED ABOUT TODAY...

I SURE HOPE SHE'S BETTER.

HUGS

TO ALL i GET TO EVERYONE SOMEDAY.

NOW HAVE TO GO AND READ.

JUDY

Dear Judy,

We have been through numerous storms and tornadoes. My family and I appear to have an affinity with tornadoes! :lol: We had one up the road once, where you could see the top of it up the street! My brother was working at Wal-Mart a few miles south of us, and it touched down right across the road from it! :o Of course, I would chase them if I could.

I know how crazy it is. It is in the pursuit of science. I saw the one in Xenia, Ohio. That was the Super Outbreak of 1974! That thing was over half a mile wide! Despite how destructive they are, tornadoes are beautifully hypnotic.

We have had tons of close calls here! The June 8th storm of 1995 was a doozy. The winds got up to 74mph, which would be Category 1 Hurricane strength in a seaside location. I remember we had a storm earlier that day, and it was strange, because everything grew deathly silent. There was no wind, no rain, no thunder, and no lightening.

Then, two hours later, the wind suddenly began kicking up out of nowhere. The 40 foot tree we had in the back of the house on top of our hill was bending back and forth as if it were made of rubber.

It had never done that before. Needless to say, our poor tree got struck by lightening. The power was out for five and a half days, and the heat was unbearable!

Another time, much more recent, was the November 6th Tornado of 2005. We had an F4 touchdown. Unfortunately, 25 people lost their lives. Houses were stripped off of the foundation. Some people were never found. Pieces of the mobile homes from the park were found as far away as Jasper, Indiana, which is quite a ways from here. I would say about 2 hours or and hour and a half away.

Here is something interesting. If you go by tornado touchdowns per square mile, Indiana is 2nd in the nation! We are more likely to get an F4 or F5 tornado than Texas! There is only one month out of the whole year that we do not have severe weather, and that is December. My car has been a victim, receiving a shudder to the windshield last year! :( Even so, I know that all you can do is be prepared.

Sincerely,

Jin

NoGluGirl Contributor
also I know tmi, but am I suppose to see little black specks of charcoal in my poo and toilet paper?

Dear Lisa,

I think that is normal. Anytime you use charcoal, it will come out that way! There is no need to be alarmed! You should worry if it did not come out! I have taken charcoal before, and it is normal to have coal crap. :lol:

The IC will probably go away once the Candida is gone. That is the case with a lot of people. It tends to cause a lot of issues. Yeast can move into the darndest places. I am fighting it as well, and my digestive tract is being hit hard.

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Since most cold/flu symptoms are the immune systems response to the presence of the bacteria/virus, I was thinking the opposite -- that when the immune system is over-burdened that it doesn't put up a fight because there's no fight in it.

Yeah...but if it doesnt put up a fight...you'll catch everything that comes your way.

We'd be in BIG trouble if the immune system were that over burdened that it wasnt fighting anything. Some peoples immune systems might not be putting up a strong fight against Lyme...but it would still be fighting other things. Otherwise it would be a scary situation....like with AIDS.

Maybe when those NK cells go down (CD57) the immune system cant fight Lyme too well....but its still a functioning immune system and can still fight other things. If those NK cells truelly are only suppressed by Lyme...the immune system would probably need those cells to be high in order to put up a good fight and keep the Lyme at bay.

What the people over on LymeNET were saying is that they didnt catch colds while they were sick with Lyme because the immune system must have been really on high alert. When they were better from Lyme they had more "normal" immune function...and they caught a cold now and then.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hmmm....I've never seen black specks before but on the candida message boards lots of people would talk about "black specks" in their stool or on toilet paper. :huh:

They had speculated that it was "dead" yeast. I'm not so sure about that but you're definately not alone with the black speck thing. I dont know if it could be from the charcoal or not??

How much charcoal are you taking?? The most I've ever taken in one day is 4 capsules...and the most I've taken at one time is 3 capsules. If you're taking alot more it might explain it. Are you digesting your food well or do you see undigested food alot?

Also...if you've got alot of toxins that are getting absorbed or stirred up by the charcoal...I would imagine it might cause some symptoms before it actually gets excreted...especially if you're constipated. You definately wanna keep things moving so that you can get those toxins out. You dont want to go a full day without moving this stuff out.

tabasco32 Apprentice

rachel

yes I have a lot of undigested food in my stool. How can I get it to digest more?. is it because of the leaky gut? I was wondering if the charcoal would even work with bad digestion. I wish the dentist would just pull the rest of my teeth out. I think having the mercury taken out while having a bad gut is bad. Maybe? I have lately been taken 3 per day with meals 1 in the day and 2 with dinner. It must be the charcoal because I have never seen this before. but how t0 help the undigested food? my stool is like mush and smells very acidic. :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

Mornin everyone--

Andrea and Judy,

You guys are so cute :D I'm fine--still itchy and blotchy :P , but hangin in there. I didn't take my BP pill yesterday or today -- since I have that appt this morning, I figured I'd ask him about it. I take a second one in the evenings (a different one) so I have not been without something for the BP.

I'm thinking that the med was the culprit because although it's still itchy, no new bumps have come out in the last day or so. I think :unsure: Anyway, I'll see what he says about it.

Alison, if you pop in again, I'd like to thank you for bringing up the possibility that the new med could be behind this--since it's the generic of the same thing I'd been taking, it wouldn't have occured to me. You may have saved me from many more days of discomfort, and I appreciate it very much :)

Rachel and all you gluten intolerant Lymies, I just know that you're gonna eat pizza again! :rolleyes: Bev, that was a very inspiring story--how wonderful to hear of someone who went through this and actually came out the other side! :D

Andrea, I was sorry to read about Talitha's fall--is she better today? Hope so, the poor little thing hasn't had a good week between that and the side pain she had. :(

Gotta go get ready for the appt--have stops to make on the way home, so I'll be back later. B)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have lately been taken 3 per day with meals 1 in the day and 2 with dinner. It must be the charcoal because I have never seen this before

Do not take the charcoal with food.

Charcoal should be taken away from any foods or supplements. It will absorb whatever is in your gut. You dont want it to absorb your food....take it away from your meals so that it can absorb any toxins.

rinne Apprentice
RINNE. HOW ARE THOSE BARS COMING ALONG.

I SURE COULD USE ON RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

Everything is progressing, I've come up with a second one, did I mention I am going to produce a line of gluten free foods?

WOO-HOO!! :D:D

Seeee.....thats what I've been saying (on that other heinous thread)....some people CAN overcome the food intolerances when they are properly diagnosed. This would be non-celiac gluten sensitivity.....and I'm totally gonna have PIZZA again. B)

YAY for her!! :D

Lyme is a bacteria.....it can cause problems in the GI tract just as it can cause problems anywhere in the body....and then with its "buddies" (coinfections, metals and candida)...it would be shocking if you DONT end up with food intolerance.

Thanks for sharing Bev! :)

I'm totally gonna have pizza again! :D

Bev that is fabulous news.

Rachel, I agree with you. It makes me wonder because I can trace my own problems with gluten back to when I was 16 as in at 16 I went "hmmmm, I get bloated when I eat bread" and as a child I was always consitipated and had stomach problems. I look at my family, a brother and sister diagnosed with Celiac and another brother eating gluten free without a diagnosis. The diagnosed brother has had all his symptoms clear up since going gluten free last year and he had years of suffering. I tend to think in my case it is Celiac and Lyme but I am willing to be open to the possibility that I could eat pizza again. Very thin crust with pesto and goat cheese and pine nuts......

I wonder about the Celiac too. ;)

It seems foolish to me to cling to a diagnosis, as if the diagnosis is real, when really it is just a description and everything can change so obviously descriptions may change also.

I remember in Grade 5 or so we were taught to write and send letters and in order to do that it was important to have an address. I wrote down my address, street and town, then province and country, and then I thought North America, world, universe, Milky Way galaxy and then I realized that other than those facts I didn't know where I was. :lol: And that those facts were just words, empty of anything I could get hold of, it was a big moment for me, it was the moment I realized that reality is not a menu. :lol:

What the people over on LymeNET were saying is that they didnt catch colds while they were sick with Lyme because the immune system must have been really on high alert. When they were better from Lyme they had more "normal" immune function...and they caught a cold now and then.

I haven't had a cold for four years, since bite/rash. My sweetie has come home with some doozies and even though we live in a tiny house no colds for me. I'm with the Lymenet folks.

We are tuning up our house to sell, too much to do and it is raining again today, not good painting weather. :( Great sitting in front of the computer and Rachelvilling weather though. :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Seeee.....thats what I've been saying (on that other heinous thread)....some people CAN overcome the food intolerances when they are properly diagnosed. This would be non-celiac gluten sensitivity.....

YOU KNOW RACHEL..........THIS QUOTE SEEMS TO ME...

"IN MY OPINION' :lol: can't forget to add that god forbid!!! :ph34r: "

THIS SEEMS TO SUM UP THIS WHOLE THREAD TO ME.

I AGREE 100 %

LOVE YOU AND YOU WILL EAT PIZZA AGAIN..

I KNOW YOU WILL

JUDY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

LAURA

SEE YOUR ON

HOW WAS THE WEDDING AND HOW ARE YOU FEELING

DONNA ...ARE YOU DOING BETTER AND OFF THE SPA TODAY.

JUDY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

QUOTE(Judyin Philly @ May 28 2007, 09:24 PM)

Everything is progressing, I've come up with a second one, did I mention I am going to produce a line of gluten free foods?

RINNE MISSED THAT............THIS IS WONDERFUL

IS THERE A PAGE # I CAN GO READ??

JUDY

CarlaB Enthusiast
Very thin crust with pesto and goat cheese and pine nuts......

You can order pizzas very similar to that at the Risotteria in NY! Thin crust ... we had pesto, feta, and arugula. The bread sticks are to die for ... very salty.

dlp252 Apprentice
I miss candles.

Maybe some candles are ok...like unscented and chemical free??

Umm, tri-tip. Ex-boyfriend made the best tri-tip. Yum...about the only good thing about him that I remember. :P Yeah, unscented might be okay...almost all the candles I'd ever gotten were scented. People love to give scented candles. But I DO have a couple of the old fashioned tapered candles that aren't. I'll try those. Gotta have candles while I'm soaking in my epsom bubble bath! :P

Donna...your body IS producing antibodies...thats why you tested positive on your Western Blot. So next time you can tell Susan that you ARE producing antibodies.

What Denise said makes alot more sense. BioSET isnt looking for immune system attacks (antibodies)....its looking for sensitivities.

Its totally different from ART. Its totally different from antibody testing.

Your immune system can be fighting something and yet its not actually sensitive to what its fighting...in an allergic type way.

My body is reactive to EVERYTHING...every toxin that gets stirred up, the metals, the Lyme, candida, food, chemicals, mold...the whole she-bang. Your immune system might not have become sensitized to the lyme...but this has nothing to do with antibody production.

Your immune system could be producing plenty of antibodies and putting up a good fight...its just not "reacting" to Lyme in an "allergic" way...which is what BioSET identifies and treats. They de-sensitize you to the stuff that your reactive to. You're obviously not at the point that you react to the Lyme in that way...which is good.

If you were sensitive to it...it would just cause more stress on your immune system.

This is what I think Denise was explaining and as far as I know BioSET cant identify antibodies...whether your immune system is producing them or not. Its a totally different type of testing...its more of an allergy test. '

If you had showed up as "sensitive" to all the Lyme panel...then it would have been a good clue that the Lyme was there....cuz why else would you be sensitive to it...unless it was there.

Thats what Anna had explained to me...she did feel I had Lyme because I definately was reactive to all these Lyme antigens....but she did say it didnt mean that Lyme was my main issue...or that the Lyme was an active infection.

She said it could be inactive but its presence still caused my "freaked out" immune sytem to become sensitized to it.

Hope this makes sense.

Okay, Yes, it makes sense and I think I may finally be getting it, lol. My now retired ENT once told me that my immune system was on hyperdrive, but I didn't know what he meant. What you just said makes sense. I don't catch stuff and haven't for a few years now. I've always not really caught stuff, although would catch maybe 1 cold a year when I was younger.

I'm glad you answered my post because I was very confused about the antibody thing...couldn't figure out why BioSET wouldn't catch the lyme and the blood tests did... I understood why ART would catch it if BioSET didn't (odd isn't it :lol:) but not why BioSET wouldn't if the blood tests did. It's clear now. :rolleyes:

Words of encouragement: Just got off the phone with my SIL's older sister. She had Lyme from 2001-2004. Saw an LLMD She is now clear and pregnant with her first baby and SHE HAD HER FIRST PIZZA last week!!!!!!!!!!! See THERE is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! Although I still don't think I'll ever eat gluten regularly, I may be able to get way with the ocassional treat. I have to be careful though...I rival Rachel in her rachelness of foods. :(

Oh you and me both!!!! DEfinitely could rachel me some of the rinne bars right about now!

We knew what you were saying! :P

Bev that is fabulous news.

We are tuning up our house to sell, too much to do and it is raining again today, not good painting weather. Great sitting in front of the computer and Rachelvilling weather though.

Yay, for a second rinne bar! We have choices!!! Ugh, selling of houses...heinous!

I shudder to think of what I'd have to do to sell this place. Don't think I could sell it. :(

DONNA ...ARE YOU DOING BETTER AND OFF THE SPA TODAY.

Doing well so far...spa is rapidly approaching. I slept in until 5:40! Yay! Just had my breakfast and did a little leg workout...when I'm done here I'm off to shower...then nothing but lay around until my massage. The candles are ready, bubble bath and epsom salts ready, clean jammies ready....

green nail polish...ready! :P

AndreaB Contributor
You guys are so cute :D I'm fine--still itchy and blotchy :P , but hangin in there. I didn't take my BP pill yesterday or today -- since I have that appt this morning, I figured I'd ask him about it. I take a second one in the evenings (a different one) so I have not been without something for the BP.

Andrea, I was sorry to read about Talitha's fall--is she better today? Hope so, the poor little thing hasn't had a good week between that and the side pain she had. :(

Gotta go get ready for the appt--have stops to make on the way home, so I'll be back later. B)

I'm glad you found the culprit. Waiting anxiously to hear how your appointment went. :)

Talitha is doing ok. Her arm still hurts, especially when she bumps into something with it. We don't have school this week and it's going to be very nice so we'll be looking forward to spending some time in the mid/late mornings outside. I really ought to rethink this school schedule and switch to 4 days a week so I can go shopping during the week and not worry about having to cram school in in the afternoon. On the other hand, Talitha has been looking forward to this week off. We quit for the summer towards the end of June. Only 8 weeks of in the summer. I'm hoping we won't have to worry about so much review if we do it that way.

We are tuning up our house to sell, too much to do and it is raining again today, not good painting weather. :( Great sitting in front of the computer and Rachelvilling weather though. :lol:

No you didn't, but it sure sounds good. :D

Selling a house, not fun.....well at least getting it prepped for sale. Sounds like a good counterplan since you can't paint to sit around Rachelville and take in some rays. :P

The candles are ready, bubble bath and epsom salts ready, clean jammies ready....

green nail polish...ready! :P

Sounds nice and relaxing.....well except for the green nails. :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
ROFL, My youngest just ran through the house singing, in a singing voice, "I've got to go number 2, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh!" :lol::lol: Can you imgaine doing that as an adult?

:lol: Is it weird for an adult who lives with just dogs to do it? :lol:

Last winter when I was at my most ill I made my sweetie promise me that we would go winter camping rather than the hospital. The idea being that I could go to sleep and not wake up, I've heard freezing to death is not a bad way to go. :P:lol:

:o And look where you are now.....making Rinne bars and even a line of gluten-free foods. We are SO glad you did not freeze to death. :)

The stadium seats 257,325, according to the Indy paper, w/ another 50-100,000 in the infield, tho probably not so many in the infield while it rains.

Still WAY too many people!

Yes, and you can see the LLMD that Rachel and I go to...and don't feel bad if he shakes his head with you. With Rachel he had to put his head down on the desk I think...with me it was just hard head shaking and the head got halfway between where it was and the desk...bet you'd just get the head shake! :lol:

He likes my sense of humor...bet he'd LOVE you!!! :P

:lol:

She keeps an immaculate house (so did her mother......I lost it somewhere

:lol:

I guess I was the most likely to become toxic...I just didnt know it. :rolleyes:

....and she says it with a smile. :lol:

About the coffee -for enemas - (and I can hardly believe I"m discussing this, but then again, we are here in Rachelville), I do think a French Press would be fine, but it does make very strong cofee, so diluting it might be preferable.

Um, THIS seems fitting for your, er, procedures:

Open Original Shared Link

BEV - - SUCH good news about your SIL's sister!!! Yes, light at the end of the tunnel, what a blessing.

(I am going to get busted for too many emoticons adn quotes so none used - harrumph)

JUDY - - You are just cracking me up today!!!

I remember in Grade 5 or so we were taught to write and send letters and in order to do that it was important to have an address. I wrote down my address, street and town, then province and country, and then I thought North America, world, universe, Milky Way galaxy and then I realized that other than those facts I didn't know where I was. :lol: And that those facts were just words, empty of anything I could get hold of, it was a big moment for me, it was the moment I realized that reality is not a menu.

Rinne - - you really should be a writer, you are just an other-worldy creature and I think the above paragraph proves it. (insert winky face here)

Carla - those pizzas/breadsticks at Risotteria - - are they GLUTEN-FREE???? and OMG what city - - - sounds so yummy.

PIZZA - - I am wildly enjoying the Amy's rice crust, baked directly on the rack of the toaster oven - oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaawd - - - - delicate, thin crust.......super yummy.

Well I have GOT to go!!!!

catch up w/ the rest later......

xoxo

Mtndog Collaborator

Judy- Glad the SIBO meds are agreeing with you. Sorry about the swollen ankles :( YOU NEED A RINNE BAR! Yeah- Judy- had an up and down weekend but bettter now. Just tired.

Jin- When we BOTH get better- let's go storm chasing together. I was watching The Perfect Storm last night and despite the tragedy, I LOVe weather! I get SO excited when we have thunderstorms acoming! Clearly not the case for everyone and I don't like to see people hurt, but I find weather so interesting. I live near Mt washington (well- it's about 2 1/2 hours away) and it's Home of the World's Worst Weather. Check this out, you'll like it: Open Original Shared Link

Back when I felt human, I climbed it twice...Ii have some FUNNY stories about that!

andrea- Hope Talitha is better.

Susie- Stinker update?

Patti- Hope your appointment goes well. We'll be thinking of you.

Rachel- Other threads becoming heinous!!!!!!!!!!!! Must seek safe shelter. Everyone thinks moderators are evil. I mean, I know I am evil :ph34r: but in a different way...mischieviously evil :P

You mentioned getting a fir sauna for $300 and I know carla has an infared one. I was looking online last night out of curiousity. carla- which one do you have? Are you talking about the portable ones? Do you think they would be good for Lyme too?

Also, I always thought that wet heat (like a steam room) was supposed to be better than dry heat but maybe I'm thinking of a different type of sauna.

Rinne- I love the REALITY IS NOT A MENU! I'm with you on the celiac diagnosis. I WONDER but I doubt I'll ever challenge it. I just hope that I walk out of this less sesnitive to CC and eating peanut butter. really. That and chocolate.

I was more happy to hear that my SIL"s sister was pregnant than that she was eating pizza! She went through fertility treament and they had her on high estrogen doses which caused her MAJOR GI problems. I was telling her my estrogen was through the roof (I could power 4 females with the amount I have at my cycle). She was wondering if the high estrogen was caused by the Lyme and was giving me so many GI problems.

It's gorgeous out today so i am off to sit on the deck and soak up some sun. :wub: to all

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla - those pizzas/breadsticks at Risotteria - - are they GLUTEN-FREE???? and OMG what city - - - sounds so yummy.

NYC!! Went there when we went to my LLMD appt. We'll go there next time, too.

I have a funny story about that. When I can't find a parking space, I always ask my guardian angel for help. I always get a good parking place. ;) Anyway, Adam half teases me about this, but has seen results, so when we were in NYC driving to the Risotteria and he saw the lack of parking places, he told me I'd better ask my angel to find us one.

I told my angel (in my head, I'm not THAT crazy), to find one right smack in front of the restaurant to prove to Adam once and for all who was finding me these great parking places.

Well, the Risotteria is on a corner, so there is only one parking place that could be considered right in front of the small restaurant ... just as we were pulling up, the car parked in that spot pulled out!!

Just got some distressing news ... a rapist just moved in four doors down. :angry: He raped a woman at gunpoint ... we live REALLY close to Head Start ... they came out and measured today to see if he was too close ... keeping my fingers crossed. We're also going to call the owner and give him a piece of our mind! :angry::angry::angry: WHAT could he possibly be thinking???? I ALWAYS check criminal records before I lease to someone! Then again, I'm not a slumlord like this guy is.

CarlaB Enthusiast
You mentioned getting a fir sauna for $300 and I know carla has an infared one. I was looking online last night out of curiousity. carla- which one do you have? Are you talking about the portable ones? Do you think they would be good for Lyme too?

FIR = far infrared That's what I have, too.

The FIR have been proven to get out more toxins that steam or a regular sauna. Only 80-85% of what you sweat out in a FIR sauna is water, but it's 97% water in a regular sauna.

I have a Sunlight Sauna three person model. They're a little more than $300. ;):lol: I LOVE my sauna and it helps with detoxing, so it helps with Lyme. It also brings up your body temperature even for a while afterward, so that's bad for the borrelia! Hippocrates said that if he could create a fever he could heal disease (or something like that).

I don't think it matters if you get a portable or a big wooden one like I have. Either way you get the FIR rays.

That thread has gotten nasty. I think one of our regulars has gotten a little ticked off, and rightfully so. The whole thing could have been handled better by both sides of the argument.

Archived