This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mtndog Collaborator

Drive by hello- I read to keep up- my gosh you guys are prolific when it comes to writing in this thread (Susie- you like it? Prolific?)

Anywhoo, just wanted to say hello and good morning. I am EXHAUSTIPATED (that's my word for exhausted) so I'm too brain dead to post much but wanted to say this....

Hugs to all who are dietarily challenged and a special hug to Talitha and a gentle kiss on the forehead. I know my nieces would bawl if that ever happened to them. So hugs to everyone who needs them :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'll post more when (maybe I should say IF) I wake up. I feel like i could sleep all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

As long as the Lactaid is gluten-free, I do not see why not! My grandfather takes it. Which ones are gluten-free? That way I could use the other without the sugar instead. I have another question about Candida.

Despite all of the books and web sites I have done research on, one thing is missing. They say no spices, because dried ones often contain mold. What about fresh ones? Are they okay? If I chop them and freeze them for when I am ready to use them, is that alright? You also said before that raw apple cider vinegar is safe for Candida?

Sincerely,

Jin

CarlaB Enthusiast

Jin, my LLMD wants me to stay away from all yeast, so apple cider vinegar is out for me.

I don't know about gluten-free Lactaid ... I've never taken it. It would be a good question for the forum.

I don't watch molds as closely as some (I eat berries and almond butter! ;) , but not together) ... so I use dried spices. I would imagine fresh would be better.

The Candida diet varies so much from person-to-person. Dr. William Cook who wrote The Yeast Connection says the only consistency he has seen is the necessity to avoid ALL sugar. He says some can handle mold, others can't. Some can handle yeast, others can't. Some can handle fruit, others can't. There is not one solution for all, but NO ONE on a anti-candida diet should eat sugar ... at all.

Julie, is there some fruit you can eat instead of bananas? Sometimes it's easier to cut down on something if you replace it with something else. Can you eat strawberries? If you ate your bananas with a protein, that would be better than eating it alone. On the rare occasion I have a banana, I eat it with almond butter, which I know you can't have.

jmengert Enthusiast

Jenny, I wanted to add that, thanks to Carla's comments on another thread awhile back, I added coconut oil to my diet a month or so ago. I eat eggs for breakfast every morning, and I cook them in coconut oil. When I cook them in olive oil instead, my tummy is not as happy.

I now use coconut oil for everything--in recipes that call for butter, for any oil issue, etc. I'm still eating baked goods (low sugar muffins) because I just can't bear to give up sugar yet.

However, because I feel somewhat better when using coconut oil, it leads me to think that I do have a problem with candida. Sigh.

Jin--darn the nausea! I think that's the worst part. I mean, diarrhea is no fun either, but nausea just cripples me, and then I get depressed, and I hate feeling that way.

I miss fun food. I'm trying to adopt the attitude of eating to live rather than living to eat. Food just nourishes me now. Where's the fun in that?!?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
If you guys can make shorter paragraphs ... say three lines ... that would make it easier for me to read. I know some of the other Lymies have the same problem. I just can't go from line to line, so I end up skipping the long paragraphs. Thanks. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: oops, will do......

Drive by hello- I read to keep up- my gosh you guys are prolific when it comes to writing in this thread (Susie- you like it? Prolific?)

:lol: Yes, Susie likes it......Susie likes words... ;) sleep well and catch us up when you awake!

Oh, Susie also likes EXHAUSTIPATED - - - tired while also not being able to poop? :lol:

Jenny - - I am a sunflower seed addict - - it's very serious business in our family (last year, gave my brother a case of his favorite seeds for Christmas, that I ordered online - he was out of his mind)

my favorite seeds are Art's, they're made in California, and I eat them all the time - low in salt, they're called "Tender Salt" - - - I've never had any problems. :)

Jin - - you are just a nut...... :lol:

Lisa - - OMG it was *I* who suggested the whole flax seeds for your constipation - - - :ph34r: so sorry - - - better stop those immediately! I am so sorry, didn't mean to make you feel like you were digesting glass..... :o

Morning everyone!

Wow, I feel better today. :) Yesterday was miserable but a good night's sleep really does make a difference. :) (Carla - - my meltdown was described in a huge, rambling paragraph that would have been incredibly tedious to read) :lol:

Donna - - love the painting! and sorry about your toxic waste release....hope that PASSES soon...

miamia Rookie

Donna-

sorry D is back. Hopefully it was just popping by and doen't plan on setting up shop!!

Bev-

glad you checked in- listen to your body and SLEEP as much as you can.

I forgot sho brought it up but yes trying new foods can be scary- I make myself promise if I am going to try somethign to just have very little sometimes just touching something to my tongue is enough to tell if something is not right for me. Other times it takes more and by then I have done damage, but I try to introduce new things in VERY small doses.

Rachel-

Sundays getting closer!!! I like the way you deduced why you should eat all the ice cream in your freezer that was very cute. (although the candida probably thought it was cute too )

miamia Rookie

:lol: Yes, Susie likes it......Susie likes words... ;) sleep well and catch us up when you awake!

Oh, Susie also likes EXHAUSTIPATED - - - tired while also not being able to poop? :lol:

Jenny - - I am a sunflower seed addict - - it's very serious business in our family (last year, gave my brother a case of his favorite seeds for Christmas, that I ordered online - he was out of his mind)

my favorite seeds are Art's, they're made in California, and I eat them all the time - low in salt, they're called "Tender Salt" - - - I've never had any problems. :)

Jin - - you are just a nut...... :lol:

Lisa - - OMG it was *I* who suggested the whole flax seeds for your constipation - - - :ph34r: so sorry - - - better stop those immediately! I am so sorry, didn't mean to make you feel like you were digesting glass..... :o

Morning everyone!

Wow, I feel better today. :) Yesterday was miserable but a good night's sleep really does make a different. :) (Carla - - my meltdown was described in a huge, rambling paragraph that would have been incredibly tedious to read) :lol:

Donna - - love the painting! and sorry about your toxic waste release....hope that PASSES soon...

Susan

glad you are feeling better!!!

You definitly sound like your self!!

I love sunflower seeds but actually I have started to prefer pumpkin seeds in some things. I can't eat either plain but I cook with them and do all sorts of weird things with them they are very versitile little suckers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

So now, of course, I have to consider lyme & mercury. :)

You came to the right place. :)

I actually do not cook eggs in anything. Hard boiled eggs in water of scrambled eggs mixed with water and a bit of salt in a Teflon pan and nothing else.

My understanding is that if you do use teflon to use it only at a low temperature and never use teflon that has started to chip, but don't use teflon would be my advice.

Are Blueberries fine? I got some.

Thanks for helping me everyone. I wouldn't have come half as far with my stomach/health if it wasn't for you all wonderful people on this board.

I have eaten blueberries, just be sure to chew them well :lol: which is rather tricky. They are one of the better fruits as far as being low in sugar.

Anywhoo, just wanted to say hello and good morning. I am EXHAUSTIPATED (that's my word for exhausted) so I'm too brain dead to post much but wanted to say this....

:lol: Love your new word.

Get some rest, I know that for me having some answers made it possible to relax in a way I hadn't in years, it was as if on some level my body had been in panic mode knowing something was wrong but unable to give it a name.

- - - tired while also not being able to poop? :lol:

I was thinking, tired of not being able to poop. :lol:

(although the candida probably thought it was cute too )

Miamia, you are talking to Candida Spice, remember. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm still busy on our house and it is getting cuter and cuter, now I don't know if I want to sell it. :lol:

tom Contributor
I cook my eggs in olive oil all the time. Why does it become bad!

It's bad for someone w/ Candida. All of my recent posts were candida-related.

Whatever it is that changes w/ heat is why I can only use extra-virgin olive oil, aka cold-pressed or expeller-pressed. The other olive oils had heat used in getting it out of those stubborn little olives.

rinne Apprentice

Before I dingo this again, I went back on the salt (a half teaspoon in a tall glass of water in the morning) about four days ago and last night I had no night sweats. This is the same thing that happened last year when I started taking salt.

Perhaps it is too soon to tell but it is the only thing I have changed in the past week and I've been having the night sweats for about three months.

Men may want to pass by the next paragraph.

I have been conflicted about dealing with them because on one hand I think that if they are menopausal then the body must have a good reason for sweating, perhaps once we are no longer bleeding there is a transition period that includes the hot flashes.

On the other hand I have heard that in Asia where women consume almost no dairy they do not suffer so much from hot flashes/night sweats and I am not eating dairy so... ;) I wonder if this could be the babesia and if it is, is the salt then so immediately effective against it?

I'm going to stay with the salt for a while.

tom Contributor
Nope, got no diagnosis of Candida, but I guess I am gonna try cutting out some sugar and see what happens.

Garlic is good, just a bit strong for me sometimes.

A candida test was negative or none was done? I don't recall right now what tests were most accurate.

If I were u, I'd go ahead and do 1 day w/ no sugar. See what happens w/ 1 day and how u feel the next morning. I'm sure you'll think about bananas the entire time and it might be more doable on the day after u run out of them. Same for the berry bars & watermelon.

The cravings will be there all day, but considering what you've been going thru, isn't a 1 day test worth a try?

Hope your husband catches the limit whenever he goes fishing!! :)

Garlic mellows a ton when roasted and I think retains all or most of the medicinal properties. Grrrr can't remember the temp/time for that right now but they say wrap a whole head in alum foil. Maybe 250F for 30 or 45 min or whenever it gets soft.

Mtndog Collaborator

I think so, but now I just use it instead of exhausted. :P :P :P :P :P :P

Also have "Exploding Head Syndrome" where a constellation of symptoms makes your head feel like it is going to pop off. Even my face hurts today (yeah- I know- it's killing all you :P)

tom Contributor
I have another question about Candida.

They say no spices, because dried ones often contain mold. What about fresh ones? Are they okay? If I chop them and freeze them for when I am ready to use them, is that alright? You also said before that raw apple cider vinegar is safe for Candida?

Sincerely,

Jin

Aaaaaaaaagh!!! No vinegar at all for candida!! Freshly-squeezed lemon juice is a good sub in most applications.

Fresh herbs are great in the anti-candida diet. I just about revel in the smell while chopping them. And the chop&freeze will be fine. I keep meaning to do that.

tom Contributor
I'm still eating baked goods (low sugar muffins) because I just can't bear to give up sugar yet.

However, because I feel somewhat better when using coconut oil, it leads me to think that I do have a problem with candida. Sigh.

Jin--darn the nausea! I think that's the worst part. I mean, diarrhea is no fun either, but nausea just cripples me, and then I get depressed, and I hate feeling that way.

Well, Julie, the question is (if u do have candida), do u love the sugar more than u hate the nausea, D & depression?

Also, the muffins certainly have yeast. So if u do have candida, the sugar & yeast are just feeding it. Making it stronger. Gotta starve it to kill it.

I know it's not easy. Candida makes for some intense cravings. But imagine no more "crippling" nausea etc.

If it IS candida, the choice is clear. Sugar etc or nausea etc.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Uggg, bad D is back...

Okay, yesterday I did the coffee enema for the first time ... today I was more normal for the first time. Coincidence?

darn the nausea! I think that's the worst part. I mean, diarrhea is no fun either, but nausea just cripples me,

I know the feeling well. I hate eating ...

Thanks.

Carla likes it when Susie talks in third person. It's fun. :P

(Carla - - my meltdown was described in a huge, rambling paragraph that would have been incredibly tedious to read) :lol:

:lol: I caught bits and pieces of it. This is one of the symptoms I hate the most ... I used to be an avid reader. I also used to be very smart ... Adam would call me a brainiac .... there's a new word for you.

Last night Morgan and I watched The Bourne Identity ... I kept forgetting what happened, so we'd have to pause it so she could explain it to me. Pathetic.

The cravings will be there all day, but considering what you've been going thru, isn't a 1 day test worth a try?

Good advice. Three days would be even better .... if you feel worse, you know you have candida.

I checked out those berry bars at Wild Oats today ... 9 grams of sugar per bar. :o Brown rice syrup was the first ingredient ... it's a complex carb so it's allowed on the anti-candida diet according to Dr. Cook. However, cane juice was the second ingredient.

When I was going through withdrawal pains when I had bad candida years ago, I found some "ice cream bars" made with rice and brown rice syrup. It helped satisfy my sweet tooth a little. But as Tom said, once you get off the sugar, things will taste sweet that don't now. Come to think of it, those ice cream bars weren't very sweet.

Well, Julie, the question is (if u do have candida), do u love the sugar more than u hate the nausea, D & depression?

Also, the muffins certainly have yeast. So if u do have candida, the sugar & yeast are just feeding it. Making it stronger. Gotta starve it to kill it.

I know it's not easy. Candida makes for some intense cravings. But imagine no more "crippling" nausea etc.

If it IS candida, the choice is clear. Sugar etc or nausea etc.

Good point.

So, I'm on the anti-candida diet to prevent getting candida from the abx. I'm getting off the abx for 5 days starting tomorrow. It doesn't appear that I have candida. So, does this mean it's a good time for a splurge??? :P I may have to go to Graeters and Rachel some ice cream.

dlp252 Apprentice
Okay, yesterday I did the coffee enema for the first time ... today I was more normal for the first time. Coincidence?

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I am not convinced

-_-

So, I'm on the anti-candida diet to prevent getting candida from the abx. I'm getting off the abx for 5 days starting tomorrow. It doesn't appear that I have candida. So, does this mean it's a good time for a splurge??? :P I may have to go to Graeters and Rachel some ice cream.

No don't do it.... :P Some antibiotics stay in the system for a few days... :P

AndreaB Contributor
I don't get financial support though...I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, but at least I'm finding answers and have people cheering me on as I get deeper into debt. :P

:lol:

At least you have emotional support. Financial support would be wonderful though wouldn't it.

Sorry about the D. Hope you can narrow down the culprit.

I'm still busy on our house and it is getting cuter and cuter, now I don't know if I want to sell it. :lol:

:P Well keep it and rent it out.

On the other hand I have heard that in Asia where women consume almost no dairy they do not suffer so much from hot flashes/night sweats and I am not eating dairy so... ;) I wonder if this could be the babesia and if it is, is the salt then so immediately effective against it?

Hm, interesting. I didn't know that.

Keep us posted on how the salt is going.

I think so, but now I just use it instead of exhausted. :P

Also have "Exploding Head Syndrome" where a constellation of symptoms makes your head feel like it is going to pop off. Even my face hurts today (yeah- I know- it's killing all you :P)

Sorry Bev. Love and hugs.....:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub::wub:

Talitha thanks everyone.

Grandma called this morning. :ph34r: She doesn't understand a lot of things. She said that T she can't go to NW Trek (don't know why). I said we'd love to go and I never said she couldn't. I don't want T staying the night at grandma's, primarily because of the news and other tv watching. Grandma says not all news is bad, but she'd keep it off.

I also like to have T home every night. Don't know if anyone would understand that or not. T loves spending time with grandma and wants to stay the night.....she gets undivided attention afterall. She pretty much gets most of it anyway when we are all there. <_<

The getting sick comment bothered her and she things we are feeding T this information. I told her that T is genuinely concerned and she brought it up herself. That I had told her that grandma hadn't known then but had done good since then. T doesn't worry about getting sick here.

She thinks we have made T paranoid about getting sick and doesn't agree with us keeping the children off food they can have, like dairy. She said that the children never got sick at her house before (ie 2 years or more ago). I told her that we don't know what or when the celiac got triggered. I've read so much bad stuff about dairy and the pastuerization process. Mitch is adamant against it. I wouldn't mind an occasional yogurt for them.

The children need others their own age to play with etc. She doesn't think it's healthy for them or us not to have friends we spend time with. Hoping to make some new friends at the new church but it's very challenging when most visitations center around food. You guys have become my close friends.

My mom doesn't understand anything we do or believe in. I don't really expect you guys to either but that is pretty much what is going on. :( We harken back to older days I suppose and that's not very popular. There was this horse stunt man that said he was born 100 years too late, I wonder where that puts us. :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan

glad you are feeling better!!!

You definitly sound like your self!!

I love sunflower seeds but actually I have started to prefer pumpkin seeds in some things. I can't eat either plain but I cook with them and do all sorts of weird things with them they are very versitile little suckers

Feeling better, thank you dear Mia. :) Pumpkin seeds - - - too hard to crack and eat with the extremely impressive efficiency and speed for which I am known. ;) How are YOU feeling today, did I read it and dingo it?

CANDIDA SPICE???? :lol: Did I miss the part where we gave ourselves Spice Girl names? OMG how fun is that.......

I think I have several names....sometimes - - Wilted Spice :(:lol: Sometimes, Spastic Spice ;)

oh so sorry Bev....this is what I had yesterday, which led to parking lot meltdown, but resulted in a really spectacular 10 solid hours of sleep last night. We can call it EHS, or Constellation Head Syndrome - i.e., too many things going on at once, leading to impolosion or EXplosion, either one.....whatever it is, I say go to bed.....

Carla likes it when Susie talks in third person. It's fun. :P

:lol: yup. susie did it for Carla as Susie knows that Carla likes it. ;)

:lol: I caught bits and pieces of it. This is one of the symptoms I hate the most ... I used to be an avid reader. I also used to be very smart ... Adam would call me a brainiac .... there's a new word for you.

um, halloooooo, former Brainiac here also.... :huh:

Last night Morgan and I watched The Bourne Identity ... I kept forgetting what happened, so we'd have to pause it so she could explain it to me. Pathetic.

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd - - - that is one of the most confusing movies of all time....along with Wallstreet (ask my family about watching THAT one with me - - they still laugh to this day) - - I can't follow complex movie plots at all.....when they're solving it, and they list all 17 steps that led to the discovery of the killer or whatever - - heinous - - they lose me at step two - -

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

I am not convinced

-_-

Susie thinks that Donna is in denial about the need to squirt coffee up the scat zone. ;) oh - wait - you have D - not constipation -

and I am off to Costco with my mom, who will buy me all kinds of meats, chicken, fish, SPINACH, etc. to tide me over for quite a while, thank God.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, did getting new pots and pans make a difference with you?

Carla...OMG...I love my mew cookware. :D

You guys wont even believe this but....I can eat as many eggs as I want now!!! :blink:

I get ZERO reaction from eggs.

I remember toward the beginning of this thread I was feeling pretty strongly that my reactions come from chemicals naturally occurring in the food....or some kind of "impurities" on the food....but not the foods themselves. I think it became more obvious over time and especially with me being able to consume all that ice cream...and only that one flavor and brand.

It obviously wasnt "dairy" itself causing reactions in all other dairy products...its mold, chemicals, etc.

I've been perfectly fine eating this organic grass fed beef for 8 months now....but not the grain-fed beef. Chicken was totally out until I tried this new brand...now all of a sudden./..no problems with chicken! :D

Same with potatoes, peas and now eggs....whether or not I react depends on where they came from. Seems like its almost always an issue of mold.....but dang....it was HARD to figure everything out.

I must have been on a gazzilion different diets...candida diet, gluten-free diet, add casein free, add soy free, add egg free, add salicylate free, add MSG free, add low amines, add corn free (holy heck corn is in everything!), add SCD, etc, etc...and now it all comes down to MOLD. :o

The new cookware is better for me....no doubt....everything is coming together and I dont feel a thing after eating eggs...even up to 6 a day!!

Eggs have not worked out for me this entire 4 years...I'm not suddenly tolerating them because I'm less sensitive....thats certainly not the case. I'm still hypersensitive...but I obviously wasnt reacting to the eggs themselves.

I'm pretty sure thats the case with all my reactions. Its especially noticeable with fruits and veggies...you get a reaction to something.....but next time you eat it...no reaction. :huh: Its totally random and not usually consistent...which makes it hard. Thats when things like mold, pesticides, cooking methods, etc should be taken into consideration.

For anyone dealing with candida....the presence of candida overgrowth will cause alot of sensitivity....foods, chemicals, etc.

Not feeding the candida will obviously help tremendously....but reactions themselves are caused by toxic overload and immune responses...it could be indirectly caused by candida...but also could be caused by other infections or sources of toxicity.

Example: I ate one brand of ice cream....there was apparantly nothing in this flavor which bothered me. I never reacted to the ice cream and ate it everyday...in very large amounts. :ph34r:

I knew it was not a good food choice but I was down to 5 foods and needed to keep weight on. ALL veggies and healthy foods I tried caused symptoms.

What was happening is that the candida and other sources of toxicity have made me highly sensitive to molds...so since most foods (especially produce) contain mold...I react to EVERYTHING. The more I ate ice cream...the more I fed candida....and the more sensitive to molds and chemicals I became. Yet...I never reacted to the ice cream at all.

Feeding candida is ultimately adding fuel to the fire. Reducing overall toxicity through detox and also addressing candida with diet/antifungals will go a long way in reducing sensitivities.

Most importantly though.....you would need to identify and treat the underlying cause. If you have persistant candida overgrowth...there is a reason for that. Candida is a symptom in and of itself.

Anyone with persiting problems with candida, food intolerance, chemical sensitivity, etc....will generally have underlying issues. The candida diet/antifungal treatment wont "cure" the problem...candida is just one piece of a larger puzzle...addressing it will reduce toxicity, reduce symptoms, and help the immune system to better cope with other things.

Was it Jenny who was eating 7 lbs. of bananas per week??? :huh:

OMG...If I ate that many bananas I would be in a very very bad place. I cant even eat one banana. :blink:

Bananas are definately out on a candida diet. ;)

ROFL...

Yeah miamia....these things are to be expected from someone nicknamed Candida Spice. :lol:

and thats Candida Spice...as in "yeasty beasties"....not Candy Spice....as in "stripper". :P

Garlic mellows a ton when roasted and I think retains all or most of the medicinal properties. Grrrr can't remember the temp/time for that right now but they say wrap a whole head in alum foil. Maybe 250F for 30 or 45 min or whenever it gets soft.

Garlic is less effective after cooking. Its still good for you but doesnt have the same potency that raw garlic has...with regards to antifungal properties.

I dont use aluminum foil for anything anymore. I was using it alot a couple years ago...then started thinking it wasnt a good idea. Now I know it wasnt because I've got heavy metal toxicty...and one of those metals is aluminum. :o

Avoid teflon, aluminum and plastics if you're toxic and have chemical sensitivites.

One very big reason for the presence of candida overgrowth is heavy metals...particularly mercury. They go hand in hand...you simply cant be mercury toxic and not have candida.

jmengert Enthusiast

Hmmm....I use mostly plastic ware to eat on/with since we don't have a dishwasher, and I'm always washing dishes. I also use a lot of aluminum foil to cook on....maybe I should avoid these...very interesting.

And, I did feel *awful* when I cut out sugar about two months ago. I made it a week before I was getting so sick and nauseous that I had to begin taking in some carbs--I still left out sugar. Then, I brought some sugar back in. However, I don't consume anything with yeast directly in in--no bread at all, and my muffins are yeast-free.

I'm just hesitant to go on another diet without seeing a doctor first. I've cut out so much, just guessing, without anything truly helping that I want to see someone before I do it again.

I'm definitely keeping all this info stored up, though, as soon as the naturopath will get back to me about an appointment!

tom Contributor
I don't watch molds as closely as some (I eat berries and almond butter! ;) , but not together) ... so I use dried spices. I would imagine fresh would be better.

I was incredibly sensitive to mold, and still sensitive enough to take great measures to avoid it. I'd get dizzy just sniffing near an open jar of dried herbs/spices.

But I *never* had a problem w/ almond butter. As long as it's vacuum-packed and refrigerated after opening, I think it's very safe for the mold-sensitive.

I suppose I might think differently if I'd been having the type that's made at the health food store and just put into the clear plastic mini-bin like I've seen at 2 stores I frequent. They're obviously not vacuum-packed and I'd worry about how well the grinder was cleaned after making peanut butter or who knows what else.

tom Contributor
Three days would be even better .... if you feel worse, you know you have candida.

"Feel WORSE"??!!!!!!!!

It was a no sugar, no yeast test to see if she felt BETTER!

And I think w/ that magnitude of symptoms, 1 day is a decent test, tho admittedly not definitive.

My hope would be that 1 day w/ zero or markedly less nausea would easily lead to 3+ days and all symptoms decreasing.

tom Contributor
Brown rice syrup was the first ingredient ... it's a complex carb so it's allowed on the anti-candida diet according to Dr. Cook.

Brown rice syrup is a sweetener. Certainly a more healthy sweetener, but a sweetener nonetheless.

I don't remember seeing it allowed on any of the anti-candida sources I used, tho I know I saw it as one of the 1st sweet things to try re-introducing after a month or whenever.

I do occasionally have it now but didn't have any (or any other sweetener) for at least a year.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Just got back from the dentist and guess what? I swallow accidently when I was suppose to swish and spit, then I rinsed again and I saw a lot of silver and small particles of filling. I am

sssoooo scared and paniky. I did take charcoal before but I don't understand where all that small particles were from. They suck, use high power water and a dental damn with a cotton

protector around it. Hey rachel what should I dddooo? I am so afraid. I know I swallowed a lot today. It was also on my tougue.

dlp252 Apprentice
Susie thinks that Donna is in denial about the need to squirt coffee up the scat zone. ;) oh - wait - you have D - not constipation -

Yep, I can be Runny Spice, or BD Spice

or Moldy Spice, or Lymie Spice, or Bumble Spice, or Toxic Spice, or Metallic Spice... :P:lol:

Sorry, cracking myself up... :P

Archived