This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Jin--

The rash is almost gone--a couple of the last ones to pop still itch, but it's mostly over. Thanks :)

Donna, That's great news that you're finished with your treatments! Has your stomach settled down also?

Anxiously awaiting Rachel's appointment report. I so enjoyed the posts from the old spinach days of last summer. I wonder what happened to Picard? He was very funny and nice.

There were a couple other names that I don't recall on the list :unsure: I have Celia's phone number, but I don't want to intrude. I did send her a card months ago, but never heard from her. Like everyone, I just hope she's ok.

Andrea--I can't believe you still *have* the lists! Now we have the spice names to add to the archives :D

How funny was Mitch--I like it when he weighs in! How is Talitha?

I'll look forward to your email, Laura. Take your time--I don't want you to over-do. ;)

Bev--Sorry you slept through your date with Kurt! It sounds like the antibiotics are working, and that's why you're so tired. I take it as a very positive sign. :)

How-de-do, Rinne :D Maybe organized chaos?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so I missed a bunch last night

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh yeah, I do like rock! :P

OMGOSH!!!! I see Rachel...very anxiously awaiting... :lol:

Donna, That's great news that you're finished with your treatments! Has your stomach settled down also?

A little. I still have bad days, but I'm almost back to my normal D. :lol: How about you? How's the rash...settled down yet?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I just got back....she spent alot of time with me and OMG....I just LOVE her. I had a really great appt today... I'm very comfortable with both her and Scott. This is my third time doing ART....second time with Dr. Amy so I'm past the nervous part and just really trying to learn and absorb all I can from my time with her.

I think we went way over my sheduled time so hopefully she is not too behind for the day.

I'll send all the details later on...I'm out the door for the movies in a few minutes.

I have most emails but not everyone...so if anyone else is interested...just pm me your email.

Luckily I didnt have alot of brainfog...we talked alot...I asked alot of questions and I pretty much remember the whole appt. :)

It was really exciting for me....there were no new surprises....(which was really my only fear). I worried about new infections popping up which wasnt the case at all....I'm getting more and more opptimistic about everything the more I'm learning about whats going on.

Dr. Amy seems very optimistic about my treatment and she really knows her stuff. I was also impressed with how she remembered all of my whole history and issues as if it were just yesterday that we last saw each other.

Do you guys recall me trying to learn about that laser detox thing a few months back?? When I wanted to go to Arizona...see Dr. Cowden and have that laser treatment?? It felt very right when I had read about it but I couldnt find out anything more and Anna didnt know anything about it at that time.

Anyways...today Dr. Amy brought this up....she feels that for me this could really have a big impact. Her and Scott were discussing it and because I had done some research on it already it was all very exciting. She said I'm the perfect candidate for this type of treatment but I wouldnt be having to go to Arizona for it. Shes doing some testing (which she isnt even charging me for) to see if this type of treatment will help me.

I had to submit saliva and I'll have the results sometime next week. Its mainly to do with detox pathways....sulfur in particular. As always its my pathways holding me back. The laser detoxification addresses this issue before anything else. I would not be able to detox this stuff if I'm not detoxing sulfur.

So there is a ton more we discussed but I'm out the door now.

Be back later... :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Yay, preliminary report sounds very exciting...can't wait to hear details. I PM'd you my email, let me know if you need it again.

I'm really interested in the LED stuff too. Scott posted something this week on lymenet about it, and so I got to read a bit more about it.

I am so excited for you!!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

congrats rachel on the positive appointment

i think you should have my personal email address.

let me know if you do not have it

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

That is great about the rash! I am so glad it is getting better! They can be such a nuisance. I have eczema really bad. I also have acne that I wonder if it is actually DH. :unsure:

Dear Donna,

I am afraid it is true that Alison is not able to post. She is worried if she posts on this thread that she will end up having it deleted as well. I know she has been reading along, though. She explained everything in an e-mail. It is so sad.

Rachelville misses Alison! :(

It would be great if you could get massages more often now! Since the treatments are not going to have to take up so much of your money, that is a possibility! Massages are supposed to be good for so many things. It really is interesting how they work. Circulation has an impact on everything, really. If not, maybe you could get some more of those groovy slippers! :)

Dear Rachel,

That is such wonderful news about your appointment! :) We were all so anxious to hear! Dr. Amy sounds wonderful!

It is so nice that you were able to get in! Doctors who listen are a rare commodity!

Even more amazing is that she is not charging you for some of the testing. Now that is something! Plus, she brought up the laser detox! Being on top of things like that is really important! Dr. Amy seems to really have it together!

Sincerely,

Jin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I rec'd this PM from Susan. Any ideas on what the problem is?

help me, scared, can't post :lol:

Computer had a glitch this morning, all power turned off for about three seconds, re-booted, now, when I try to post, it says something about "authorization mismatch" and blah blah blah...

I sent this to Donna, but she's logged off......will you tell citizens of Rville about this problem I'm having, see if anyone knows anything?

otherwise....I'll just assume it's God's way of sending me out into the garden to work. ;)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

Susie PMed me as well. She said there was a power outage. That would be a likely cause of difficulty for the computer. Ours went out last week. After that, I could not get online! I was freaked!

Sometimes rebooting helps. The problem could be more complex than that. However, with computers, I think they can just be in a mood. Mine does stuff like that! There are times where it won't print, and I will tell my Dad, and then it will print for him! :angry: Of course, he is the computer expert, so my computer knows it is in trouble if it misbehaves, he will be able to make it work! :lol:

Sincerely,

Jin

Mtndog Collaborator

You guys are so funny!

Jin- I cannot keep up with you- you are like a burst of light (whivh is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a burst of scatological terror :P ) I believe that Shakespeare, being the cheeky monkey that he was clearly have loved your term.

I was actually thinking scatalogical warfare would be very interesting....you could slip ingredients into food that induce a scatalogical terror or even more evil.....drop scat instead of bombs. :ph34r:

What's that bumper sticker? Plant beans not bombs? Drop scat not bombs.

Also, was anyone on the thread where "frisked by a wookie" came up. It had many connotations. If someone looked horrid you could say 'whoa, you look like you just got frisked by a wookie" :lol:

Woops- forgot YAY RACHEL on your appt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone tell me that feeling this crappy is a good thing, it will pass and it's just the antbiotic doing its job.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Lisa, I'm glad you're doing better now! I bet that was scary. I'm glad your parents were there for you and will now be helping you more and more.

I am taking peppermint tea

If the peppermint tea ends up bothering you, try spearmint. It has the same positive effects, but is not a stimulant like the peppermint.

And maybe this provides an opening for what's been befuddling me. Is "to rachel" something just to scarf a lot of whatever - or does the whatever have to be something u know u shouldn't eat?

You got it! :lol:

Dear Carla,

Let me get this straight! You got to have popcorn, ice cream, and see George all in one day? :o Oh, that sounds so heavenly! George is so hot! :wub: Shrek was probably a lot of fun, too!

Yeah, it was fun. :rolleyes: Saw Shrek today ... more popcorn, too!

P.S. I found out what happened to Alison. All her posts keep getting deleted! Our dear friend has been ousted! I cannot say why here, though. If you e-mail me, I can tell you why. My personal e-mail is in my profile.

I read her deleted post before it was deleted ... it seems that she had decided to leave after that heinous thread and announced it ... it was proper to have deleted that post along with others that were deleted. You can read Scott's post in that thread and it explains why he deleted it.

I wish she'd come back. It's a shame when people leave over the occasional bickering.

If she were kicked off, she'd be kicked off and unable to post at all.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Bev,

I hope Shakespeare would like it! Scatological Terror is a horrible thing! I can just imagine those BM Bombs you mentioned! :lol: Poo Pistols, Glop Grenades, Excrement Explosives (brings a new meaning to Explosive Diarrhea!) and Tird Torpedos! :lol: This is too much fun! I cannot wait to see what Susie will add to this once she can post again!

I think you are right. The fatigue is a good thing. It shows the bugs are dying. This is rough. However, you will soon begin to recover. Then you can have a life you enjoy!

That was so funny what you said about being frisked by a wookie! :lol: I have been there! You see, our Yorkie looks like a little wookie. In fact, that is why his nickname is Wookie Bear. He knows that is him! He smells me in very inappropriate places at times. You know dogs! :rolleyes:

Dear Carla,

From what Alison told me, she is afraid of her posts being deleted. I should go check out the thread. I just feel so bad for her. I do not know why people have to pick each other apart like that. I know it cannot be peace and harmony all of the time, but I cannot understand why a group of people have to fuss at someone that way. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Yay! More popcorn! Movie popcorn is the best! It is loaded with junk, though! I heard somewhere that it actually has as much cholesterol as 27 Big Macs! :o Now that is scary! Shrek, George, popcorn, Adam NOT wrecking the BMW, and ice cream all in the same week! It cannot get much better than that!

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

Susan PM'd me too...I did a quick search on the net and some of what I pulled up seemed like people were getting that message when they were trying to post on a message board (not this one). I don't get that error, but I get gateway timeout errors from my home computer on this board. I get them on this thread on certain pages, and I get them on totally tiny unrelated threads here too. :(

Some interesting California tick facts, from a thread on lymenet asking for statistics on counties west of someplace back east :lol: :

California:

58 counties

- Lyme infected ticks found in 42 counties

- Deer ticks fond in 56 counties

I suppose that leaves 2 counties with no reports?

I am afraid it is true that Alison is not able to post. She is worried if she posts on this thread that she will end up having it deleted as well. I know she has been reading along, though. She explained everything in an e-mail. It is so sad.

Rachelville misses Alison!

It would be great if you could get massages more often now! Since the treatments are not going to have to take up so much of your money, that is a possibility! Massages are supposed to be good for so many things. It really is interesting how they work. Circulation has an impact on everything, really. If not, maybe you could get some more of those groovy slippers!

Wow, I must have missed that thread!

I love massages...they really do help a lot for many things. I need the lymph drainage aid though.

And, the slippers...yes, they have a few colors I didn't get yet. :P

Someone tell me that feeling this crappy is a good thing, it will pass and it's just the antbiotic doing its job.

Scat bombs. :lol:

I wish I knew if feeling crappy was a good thing...don't for sure. I guess I'll find out when I start treatments for some of this scat. From what I understand, feeling bad can be a good thing, but it usually is followed by a period of feeling a bit better...at least I think that's what I understand... :P Anyway, sorry you are feeling scatty!

tom Contributor

Damn computers. There are a few things I'd try if I were her. Maybe resetting or deleting cookies w/ the forum's url. Whichever browser is used, there should be something under a Tools menu for this.

Or just trying a different browser. I think I have 4 on my pc. (Firefox is easily the best - screw IE)

Maybe just logging out of this site, closing browser, then rebooting (full off - not just RestartWindows option) and signing back in could set it straight.

I'm assuming she was online when the power went out. If not, we'd want to take a different tack.

It's most likely a server-side screwup, which would flush out in an hour or 2. (Ok maybe 3 or 4)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

this is a test :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaaaawd

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK

:rolleyes:

So hie-dee-hoe, all, here's what I wrote earlier, I saved it to word.....and will paste - -

(I am sure you're all waiting with baited breath for my astute scientificness :lol: )

Part 1, from 10 a.m. today

:huh: I hit reply on several posts....and it's come up blank.....not unlike my mind at this moment....:lol:

Let's see....

happy birthday to Rhonda's mom! OMG my mom will be 70 in August, and I don't have the money to throw her a party. :( Am tryign to figure out something quite clever with my brothers....we'll see.

Bev - - Def Leppard. :lol: Not much into the hair bands here. You guys would be SO SCARED of my music. :lol: but, then again, when I make people celiac disease's, they love them. Crazy American Roots Music, Bluegrass, Canadian Indie Folk......no one's heard of my stuff but when they do, they know it is magic. If y'all get a chance, look up The Wailin' Jennys, their angelic voices are simply to die for - - The Parting Glass will be sung at my funeral.... ;)

Rachel! good news about appt. - - - looking forward to hearing more. I still do nto know what ART is. :unsure: And this mysterious laser treatment! and for free! yay! am sending you my email.

Tom - - OMG Pfeiffer Big Sur beach - - - so magical. I might cry, just thinking of the whole area, right this instant. Yes, it was From Here to Eternity.......gorgeous beach that I didn't discover until toward the end of my time in Monterey.......but I know many secret spots there, and revisit each time I go.

Jin - - -must clarify. R is NOT a bad guy! I used to think he was......but I was so messed up. He is widely known as a wonderful man - and he is. I have known him for 30 years. Just a bit non-committal. He will marry this girl, I am quite sure, I know her and she is lovely, and without ONE SINGLE SHRED of neurosis - - argh! :angry: I was an insane person in the 1.5 years that we dated.....it got worse and worse toward the end - -- I was crying nearly every day and sleeping SO much, could hardly stand up (I hid that from him because I felt like such an incomparable Loser!). R and I had broken up, but he was the one who took me to my endoscopy/colonoscopy - - we would still be friends, but I couldn't do it.

In fact.....I should probably go back :o and erase all mean posts about him......for R and me, it was a timing issue, really. We dated 10 years ago, briefly, before I moved and he was madly in love with me....and I, in my healthier state, was not interested. AND THERE IS ALSO THAT CRAZY, WICKED, MONSTER OF A DAUGHTER HE HAS CREATED - - - cannot forget that.

Donna - - my mojitos would not poison you. :) They have magical restorative qualities and are reputed to cure any condition. :lol: It's fun to sip with dingos, they're such lovely company. Just now and then, 'twould be nice to have someone raise a glass and stare lasciviously at me for something other than remnants of my food.

:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot everything else, just love to all of you, and am wondering if it's possible to sustain a whiplash whilst sleeping? as that's what it feels like...........

tom Contributor

LOL u can't abbrev CompactDisc w/out it making the sub.

Glad u got back so quickly!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Part Deux

You guys are so funny!

Jin- I cannot keep up with you- you are like a burst of light (whivh is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than a burst of scatological terror :P ) I believe that Shakespeare, being the cheeky monkey that he was clearly have loved your term.

:lol; Yes Bev, Shakespeare would have loved our term, alas, the word Scatological, I did find out, did not arise until early 1900's, I believe.

Scat Bomb. :lol: Particularly lethal when launched by a poisoned Celiac. Or a Lymie.

Well it's too hot to garden today. Harrumph. So I am going to make jewelry and watch a movie in a cool, darkened room later, with fan blowing on me. Oh, and there are scantily-clad construction workers (with Ivy League degrees) here, also, they are peeling grapes for me and making the mojitos, and fanning my brow and painting my toenails.

:lol::lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
LOL u can't abbrev CompactDisc w/out it making the sub.

Glad u got back so quickly!

I know, isn't that crazy about the abbreviation...

there is something else people write and it comes up

Lame Advertisement - -

what the heck is that? :huh: have never been able to figure that out.......

great Celiac.com unsolveable vortex mystery :ph34r:

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna - - my mojitos would not poison you. :) They have magical restorative qualities and are reputed to cure any condition. It's fun to sip with dingos, they're such lovely company. Just now and then, 'twould be nice to have someone raise a glass and stare lasciviously at me for something other than remnants of my food.

Glad to see you back, lol. We missed you. :P

It's horrible to NOT be able to get on here...had that rush of sheer terror a couple of times because of it. :lol:

Some day I will try one of your mojitos. :P:)

tom Contributor
So hie-dee-hoe, all,

If y'all get a chance, look up The Wailin' Jennys, their angelic voices are simply to die for - - The Parting Glass will be sung at my funeral.... ;)

Tom - - OMG Pfeiffer Big Sur beach - - - so magical. I might cry, just thinking of the whole area, right this instant. Yes, it was From Here to Eternity.......gorgeous beach that I didn't discover until toward the end of my time in Monterey.......but I know many secret spots there, and revisit each time I go.

Susie is seriously freaking tom out. :rolleyes:

The Wailin' Jennys song The Parting Glass WAS played at my older brother's memorial and he's heavily on my mind as today would've been his 7th anniv w/ 2nd wife (woulda been lifelong - they were perfect). Her birthday was yesterday and we exchanged emails. HIS birthday is tomorrow - and strangely enough, so is my little brother's. Same day, 4 yrs apart.

Further freakout - I still use an old email addr hideehoman@________!! Made as a tribute to Cab Calloway & the Cotton Club era.

That hidden beach is really something isn't it? I'm not clear on how I first found out which unmarked dirt road to take, it was pre-internet days, but maybe it was a pamphlet from the Coast Gallery.

Usually we had the beach all to ourselves and one memorable time a couple sea otters lounged closeby.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
It's horrible to NOT be able to get on here...had that rush of sheer terror a couple of times because of it. :lol:

Some day I will try one of your mojitos. :P:)

:o the terror, yes, heinous! :lol:

OMG, found out, long story, that there is a cooking class at Whole Foods in Los Altos this coming Thursday night. It's PIZZA AND BEER for Celiacs! I am out of my mind, I am pondering driving up that day, BUT, my friends have got their former nanny (now surgeon) visiting from Germany and sleeping in my bed, and the couches there - ghastly and not comfortable. So....it depends on accommodations and such......

but I would LOVE to go and meet up with any of you Lymies who cannot eat anything but could sit and chat. and DREAM of teh day when you can have REAL pizza and beer (which, BTW, I can NEVER have, harrumph).

DingoGirl Enthusiast

The Wailin' Jennys song The Parting Glass WAS played at my older brother's memorial and he's heavily on my mind as today would've been his 7th anniv w/ 2nd wife (woulda been lifelong - they were perfect). Her birthday was yesterday and we exchanged emails. HIS birthday is tomorrow - and strangely enough, so is my little brother's. Same day, 4 yrs apart.

Further freakout - I still use an old email addr hideehoman@________!! Made as a tribute to Cab Calloway & the Cotton Club era.

That hidden beach is really something isn't it? I'm not clear on how I first found out which unmarked dirt road to take, it was pre-internet days, but maybe it was a pamphlet from the Coast Gallery.

Usually we had the beach all to ourselves and one memorable time a couple sea otters lounged closeby.

:o:o:o

I actually have chills from reading this.....and you wiped the silly dingo smile right off my face! I just turned off Itunes and read your post a second and third time, in the quiet, letting it really sink in.

oh my gosh tom.....this is really unbelievable....I am feeling the pain from your anniversaries/birthdays and the exquisite longing of the sweet memories of those lost......and cannot believe you know the song so intimately that I would like at my own funeral (I have never met anyone who knows who the Jennys are)......I would like it if you told us more about yoru brothers, if you feel like it. :)

for once.....I am actually out of words......and just savoring the fact that it is no accident that we all find ourselves here together in this magical place.....we are all here, a family, for a reason, and the reasons just build and build.

except to say that, I have (had, we no longer talk as he is married) a dear friend who manages The Coast Gallery....if I am thinking correctly, it's the super-modern absolutely gorgeous structure almost directly across the street from Nepenthe? It is owned by Greg Hawthorne - - is that the name?

[edit - I am speaking of Hawthorn Gallery - extremely wondrous -

Open Original Shared Link ]

:o really astonished here!

and The Cotton Club? HOw old are you? Where did you come from? Who even knows about that any more?

We need a photo!

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow!! I agree with Susie...I sure don't believe any of us are here by accident!! You've mentioned your brothers just a bit recently...I'd like to hear more too!

tom Contributor
. . . have REAL pizza and beer (which, BTW, I can NEVER have, harrumph).

U can't have a gluten-free beer? Hmmm it's obviously not the alcohol - [paging Miss Mojito!!! Miss Moe-HEEEEEE-toe!, please pick up the white courtesy phone!]

The fermentation? But didn't u post in a hard cider thread? Hmm maybe none of that for u either.

Archived