This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I'm 45. And single.

2 weeks ago I couldn't converse like this.

Goodbye soy, hello brain.

Yippeeeee

Um, halloooooooooooooo,

Lyme Cl**

:o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast
So, 45 and single. We're going to need to see a picture ... not for my sake, I'm happily married ... but if you're going to be flirting around here, I'm the screener. Remember, we're shallow! :lol:

um, ahem, hello, he lied about his age, so I am thinking, he's really a woman.

:ph34r::o:lol:

HI Rinne!!! sorry we were so talkative today... :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor
So, 45 and single. We're going to need to see a picture ... not for my sake, I'm happily married ... but if you're going to be flirting around here, I'm the screener. Remember, we're shallow! :lol:

Speak for yourself. :lol::lol::lol: I'm the mama hen and mama spice......I try to keep order around here. Just ask dave........he got feathered last summer. :lol: I didn't tar him though. :P

Picture, picture!

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol: I'm having a hard time coming up with a girls name that would be shortened to Tom. :P

rinne Apprentice
Uh oh what's R2? Some overseas secret prison?

:lol: No it is Rachelville light. :lol:

:ph34r: I haven't been in ages though so what do I know. :lol:

Most of us here don't have a brain, so having a bit of brain fog is not a negative here! :P

Definitely. :lol:

Um, halloooooooooooooo,

Lyme Cl**

Seriously laughing out loud.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Na, he said very late thirties, implying he was into his forties ... at least that's the way I took it. ;)

Speak for yourself. :lol::lol::lol: I'm the mama hen and mama spice......I try to keep order around here. Just ask dave........he got feathered last summer. :lol: I didn't tar him though. :P

Picture, picture!

I'm a mama, too ... just don't usually take that role around here! :lol: Heck, I usually am acting like one of the kids at home! :P Especially since a few of them are about my age now. ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:lol::lol: I'm having a hard time coming up with a girls name that would be shortened to Tom. :P

Tomatha :)

Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaawd, I haven't spent this much time on teh computer since.....last summer, I guess? :lol: when things went crazy?

"Tom" - - R2 is Rachelville 2, a little subdivision that Rachel founded for pure goofiness. Defunct for a while. I think that thread closed becuase......well there's something more natural about the goofiness mixed in with the illness....more like real life? I dunno........

Tomatha should join us on that wacky Silly Yak thread. (s)he would fit in well there.

:lol:

I think my "whiplash" has to do with sitting on computer this weekend. Sheesh, you guys talk too much!

:lol::lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
Sheesh, you guys talk too much!

:lol::lol::lol: Funny comment coming from today's top poster!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Na, he said very late thirties, implying he was into his forties ... at least that's the way I took it. ;)

I'm a mama, too ... just don't usually take that role around here! :lol: Heck, I usually am acting like one of the kids at home! :P Especially since a few of them are about my age now. ;)

I was guessing early 40's.

It's easier to be a mama here than with my own. :P:ph34r:

"Tom" - - R2 is Rachelville 2, a little subdivision that Rachel founded for pure goofiness. Defunct for a while. I think that thread closed becuase......well there's something more natural about the goofiness mixed in with the illness....more like real life? I dunno........

This thread still needs some of the goofiness to take everyone's minds off of being sick. Laughter releases some tension and makes things easier to take.

:lol::lol::lol: Funny comment coming from today's top poster!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaaawd....you' re kidding me, right???

:lol::lol::o:P

I was guessing early 40's.

um, this is why I am still single.....cannot read men very well :lol: how coudl YOU guys know this and not me, when I"ve dated WAY more than you ever have, sinve you've been married your whole lives?

:huh::lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd, guess who's number TWO top poster for today...

AndreaB Contributor
um, this is why I am still single.....cannot read men very well :lol: how coudl YOU guys know this and not me, when I"ve dated WAY more than you ever have, sinve you've been married your whole lives?

Um, I've only been married 9 years. :P

Just by reading posts.....

tom Contributor
Where is Tom....he is going to be embarassed (CARLA!!!) when he comes back...... :lol:

I keep looking for the embarassing part. Uhoh . . . Did someone link to my video?

LOL j/k

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I keep looking for the embarassing part. Uhoh . . . Did someone link to my video?

LOL j/k

haha, man after my own heart, not easily embarassed. ;)

is that the video where you tried out for the reality dating show?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Thanks for posting all that, Rachel...it sounds like you are definately on the right track and are making some real progress :)

Thanks Patti. I was just telling my mom that I felt like todays appt. was probably the best appt. I've had throughout my ordeal....and God knows I've literally had hundreds of appt's in the past 4 1/2 years. :blink:

I guess because I'm at the point where there are no more questions...not so much trying to put pieces together anymore...and now the focus is on how we're gonna proceed with the treatment. :)

I love, love, love ART for the fact that it takes so much of the "guesswork" out of treatment as far as what will work and what wont. It was really draining for me to constantly be worrying about this or that....not only about the infections but also the supplements, reactions to foods and everything else.

I am just amazed by all of it really. What's more amazing to me is that lyme ISN'T a big problem for you and it DOES seem to be for me. I am just astonished about that. :unsure: I think I will definitely call tomorrow to see if I can get on the list to see her next time.

If you do get in to see her....you will just love her. Shes really good at what she does...no doubt having worked with Klinghardt and getting all that training really gave her a ton of experience but I think even on her own now she is still absorbing so much and just *knows* exactly how she wants to proceed once the problems are identified.

I've never given myself shots, but have given two of my dogs LOTS of insulin shots. So where to you give yourself the shot? I thought it was in the cheek (not the ones on your face :lol: ) . Seems like it would be hard to give it to yourself there so you must be able to give it elsewhere.

She said the best place to administer the shot would be where there is the most "bulk"....usually this would be the "cheeks" :P or the thighs. She said you could also do it in the stomach but mostly people choose the rear or the thighs.

I dont think it would be hard for me to do the shot on my rear....you just basically stick it in...the way her and Scott explained it it didnt seem difficult at all. We'll see how it goes. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to this stuff so if I can do it w/out passing out...I'm pretty sure any of you guys could do it. :P

I have to wait for her to call in the prescription....the pharmacy she uses for B12 is in a different state so I'm not sure how soon I'll get it. She'll also be shipping me the other two supplements once she gets back to Washington. Last time they came within a week.

Rachel, your appointment sounded really good. Are you doing castor oil packs everyday? Which reminds me, I promised to give my easy version of castor oil packs. So, here it is:

Hi Claire...I was wondering how you've been. :)

I havent been doing the "packs" daily but she does want me to increase so that I'm doing them everyday...its just hard to find the time. The castor oil pack takes longer than anything else I do for detox.

I use the flannel cloth (they sell them at whole foods).....lay the cloth on my entire stomach so its covering a big area and then wrap seran wrap around my entire midsection. Then I place a heating pad over the seran wrap and a towel over the the heating pad to keep the heat in. I lay down on a towel so that the oil doesnt get on anything.

She told me today that they actually sell castor oil "roll ons" at Whole Foods (I havent seen them)...she said its really easy...you just roll the oil on and then cover with seran wrap or plastic. Or you can just smear the oil on your skin. I actually like using the cloth though. I store it in the fridge after each use...so I just reuse it lots of times.

She said it would also be good for me to have the flannel go all around me so that its also in contact with the kidney area on my backside. I havent done this yet but will try next time. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
That was mostly due to the fact that those who needed help were being ignored while everyone else was busy having fun. As long as we keep the thread supportive of EVERYONE, we should be fine......am I right Rachel?

Yeah...this is always my main concern with this thread...the intent is for it to be helpful...a resource for people who are having alot of continuing problems.

Having some laughs is totally important and its a part of healing and its also what makes Rachelville special :wub: but sometimes when it starts moving really fast and someone posts a serious question...it goes unnoticed and gets "lost" in the pages.

That was the main reason for Rachelville 2....so that people could still come here for help and support if they wanted it. Back then there were complaints of the thread becoming a "chat room" and things werent looking good for the OMG thread. :(

I dont want anyone coming here for help to get ignored...thats the main thing. :)

Rachel and Dave took alot of ribbing last year......remember, and they were just friends.

Yeah...I remember....I was the "oblivious" one. :ph34r:

But yes...TheDave is still around and we are still friends. :)

Julie.....good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing about it! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I wont have time to send out the rest of the details from todays appt.

I do have everyones email now (I think)....I'll probably be sending it tomorrow evening. :)

Can you guys tell how excited I am today!! :D

tom Contributor
... but if you're going to be flirting around here, I'm the screener. Remember, we're shallow! :lol:

Who was flirting here? PMs don't count as 'here'.

I thought I was doing great to not tip my hand. Just a small non-sequiter inside joke and she didn't even CATCH it!! (Ya it wasn't easily deciphered)

AndreaB Contributor
Can you guys tell how excited I am today!! :D

Not at all. :P

We'll be waiting for you email when you have time to send it.......same with Laura. :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator
We actually had a thread going a year ago or so on all the Julies with celiac disease--there are a few of us! :)

Julie....I remember that thread! :lol:

Yup...there was another Julie M. here....a very sweet girl. We miss her alot. :wub:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my mom, we had a very nice day.

Rinne....glad you had a nice day. :)

As to lasciviousness, I suggest you take that late thirty energy and exercise it :P before you find yourself fifty and preferring to shop. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Tomatha :)

ROFLMAO

OMG...I guess he can definately be one of the Spice girls now!! :lol:

No valid excuse for not having a Spice name. :P

tom Contributor
OMG...I guess he can definately be one of the Spice girls now!! :lol:

No valid excuse for not having a Spice name. :P

LOL

Now cut thaaaaat OUT!

tom Contributor

There!

A pic! Action shot, even.

Like I said, I don't *have* pics of me. This was from when I was doing the website for a band I was in.

AndreaB Contributor
Like I said, I don't *have* pics of me. This was from when I was doing the website for a band I was in.

I love sax but don't know a thing about which one is which......

My boyfriend from college played tenor sax.

What's your personal pic from?

tom Contributor
I love sax but don't know a thing about which one is which......

My boyfriend from college played tenor sax.

What's your personal pic from?

Ah mine's a tenor too. Of course tenor is the best one. Rare to find an alto player w/out a thin wimpy tone.

Pic was at a San Jose area summer festival. At first I thought Sunnyvale Art & Wine, but maybe the banner shows part of the M in Mountain View.

tom Contributor
Um, halloooooooooooooo,

Lyme Cl**

What does this mean? Lyme Cl**???

Hmmm Cl is Chlorine. ** in programming is exponent.

Nope - that doesn't help.

{I could while away the hours,

Conferrin' with the flowers . . . . . . }

Archived