This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I wasn't on at the time and wouldn't have grasped the significance anyway, but I think even the goofiest off-topic posts <hi dingy> have an underlying supportiveness as the basis and therefore should not be frowned upon in the least. :P

:ph34r: b when you quite suddenly see that "admin" is readign along, and someone you know of a dingo-ish nature has been inordinately silly just preceding the visit by authorities, that is the time when this one gets the heck out of Dodge :ph34r::lol:

Susan consider yourself a doctor of laughter. :)

:rolleyes: an honorary doctorate! yay! and bestowed upon me by the magical Rinne, for being silly - superb! :P

HI all.....just catching up - - nutt'n much to say today - - - exercising self-discipline for once and going to step away from computer.... :o:o

(perhaps not until after causing a bit of trouble on that other silly thread );)

oh and QUIT COFFEE???? madness, I say, sheer madness!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh man this so reminded me of how much I miss performing.

And Donna! Belt it out! He wouldn't have asked u do it if u weren't capable!!

Yes, I was thinking this today ... BELT it out! My hs marching band director told us, if you're going to play the wrong note or march in the wrong direction, AT LEAST look like you MEANT to do it!! It's better to belt it out and miss a note than do it correctly and weak.

Carla- You're right. It really helps me right now to hear about how people are progressing and doing better- 15% to 60% in 6 months is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!! :D:D KILL those critters.

Five months, but who's counting?

I think I'm still herxing...it's weitd how the symptoms change day to day. Like yesterday it was moodiness and anxiety and today it's my joints (actually I feel strange- like my skin is getting really really dry!).

It might not be a herx. In the beginning the abx stir up dormant bacteria, so you actually flare.

One interesting thing is that my BM's (yep-TMI coming!) look the most normal they have in years. They are a lovely light brown :P as opposed to the *HEINOUS* tarry black. :ph34r:

Ummm, mine were great the first couple months, too.

Quick question- I know I need to eat but I'm tired and I have NO appetite. What do you guys eat when you feel like this?

I am almost NEVER hungry. Usually I only eat to take my meds.

I have found a couple highly dense calories that I LIKE and that don't make me feel nauseous. My daily organic decaf latte has 240 calories and 14 grams of fat.

My whipped cream has lots of fat and 50 calories per tbsp.

[oh BTW, last night, I got scared, saw that Scott was on, I skee-daddled, dingo tale betwixt legs, I was certain that we were going to get busted for too many shenanigans and too much goofing off - and it was TOTALLY tom's fault, I had nothing to do with it, harrumph :lol::lol::lol: ]

The only time he's commented on this thread was when there was a highly controversial topic brought up and there were complaints. Other than that, we can talk about things here. Sometimes we have fun .... sometimes it's about our health. You've been participating in BOTH very well.

BTW, premature post, will have to finish reading later.

tom Contributor
Rinne!! What's a nutraceutical???!!!

I've always thought it's a contraction of Nutritional Pharmaceutical.

To me the implication is that, although possibly created in a lab-like setting, its purpose is nutritional.

So it's to be digested and/or perform some other function in the gut or directly affecting the digestive *process*, as opposed to a pharmaceutical whose benefits . . . ..argh . . I suddenly can't finish that sentence to my satisfaction.

Is that what's called "dingo-ing"?

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hi everyone

how are you?

o.k. So anyway everyone knows how I have been constipated right? So what is it when your intestines sound like there growling with bubbles from left to right? Like what the heck does that mean. SO anyway I went in my brothers room with the computer. I can smell his pringles that he was eating. I can taste them too! I hate the way gluten taste even though I don't EAT IT!

Then I was enjoying my ground organic heidi hens turkey and veggies. LOW AND BEHOLD I am running to the bathroom and it's just shoting out of me the hard with the soft. I don't understand how this happens. How can I get diarrhea just from smelling chips or whatever it was.

My bowels have been acting up since last night. Sometimes I wonder if you can molden yourself. I think it was mold from maybe the almond butter I ate late night or the left over avacado. HUM.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I bought a bunch of paints & assoc accessories long ago and failed miserably!

At the time, my gifted 5yr old nephew was drawing amazingly ans soon thereafter was already

Most musicians make good artists. When you picked up your sax, someone needed to teach you how to play. Same with art. You have to learn. I'd bet you could do it.

I was a long time coffee drinker and still once or twice a week will have about a third of a cup of coffee, I do it knowing that I will have pain. :ph34r:

As you all know, I drink a latte every day. Decaf. I used to drink the caffeine because I know the decaf. process is not all that good, but they don't want me to have caffeine with Lyme treatment.

I don't give up the latte because, first of all, it's 240 calories I don't have to EAT, secondly, it's basically my only poor food choice. I refuse to be THAT good. :P If I stop drinking lattes, I'm starting back on martinis. ;)

I'm not a caffeine addict.

Donna, I am thinking nutraceticals are the Samento, Noni, etc.

I think nutraceuticals are herbal medicines. Herbal/natural stuff used for medicinal purposes. Like the samento or noni.

Hi everyone

how are you?

o.k. So anyway everyone knows how I have been constipated right? So what is it when your intestines sound like there growling with bubbles from left to right? Like what the heck does that mean. SO anyway I went in my brothers room with the computer. I can smell his pringles that he was eating. I can taste them too! I hate the way gluten taste even though I don't EAT IT!

Then I was enjoying my ground organic heidi hens turkey and veggies. LOW AND BEHOLD I am running to the bathroom and it's just shoting out of me the hard with the soft. I don't understand how this happens. How can I get diarrhea just from smelling chips or whatever it was.

My bowels have been acting up since last night. Sometimes I wonder if you can molden yourself. I think it was mold from maybe the almond butter I ate late night or the left over avacado. HUM.

Lisa, I think we just found the answer to your constipation. Smell Pringles!! Who would have thought it would be that easy!!! :lol:

Hope you're feeling better now that you're cleaned out a bit.

I'm exhausted ... I worked out, took my son in for a physical so he can get a work permit, cleaned my car, went to the grocery, ate a snack, drove kids around ... now all of a sudden it's not 10:30 (when I left), it's 6PM! :o I'm bushed. I'll still cook the veggies and potatoes to go with the stuff Adam's cooking on the grill. I'm having a filet ... can't take the RLS at night from no iron!

AndreaB Contributor

Lisa,

I just wonder if all the stuff you've been doing to try to get your bowels moving finally worked. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I generally see around 10-12 guests on this thread ... PLEASE join us!! We'd love for you to be a regular (I think some of you already are, but just don't post ;) ).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tabasco32 Apprentice

Carla :lol:

Haha too funny! Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If I smell gluteney things I will get diarrhea then maybe by taking charcoal I can clean myself up in there. If it were only that simple.

Boy what a day for you. MMMM filet sounds good. I have one in the frige but am afraid to eat red meat since my big C. Now its 3 day old will give it to my moms husband. Trader Joes has the best filet. So tender.

Rachel

I was wondering if I am to do the elimination thing should I also stop charcoal, whey protein and vitamin and mineral supplements?

P.S.

I think I have parasites. There's to much movement in me.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla :lol:

You used an emoticon ... you ARE feeling better today!!! :D

tom Contributor
So what is it when your intestines sound like there growling with bubbles from left to right? Like what the heck does that mean.

How can I get diarrhea just from smelling chips or whatever it was.

I think it was mold from maybe the almond butter I ate late night or the left over avacado. HUM.

1) Bubbling intestines I've had tho not for quite awhile. I'd say it's either directly candida-related or u ate something you're sensitive to. (Not talking gluten)

2) If they had a minute miniscule microscopic bit of mold, well, strange things happen. I haven't heard of much from the relatively few molecules in the aroma of a gluten-containing substance.

3) It was the avocado. No doubt. All thru my worst mold-sensitive days I could still count on my almBtr. (Bought in a vacuum-packed jar and refrig after opening)

Don't even conSIDer even THINKing about a left-over avocado when there's a mold issue. Sucks, but eat it all or toss the rest.

tom Contributor
Most musicians make good artists. When you picked up your sax, someone needed to teach you how to play. Same with art. You have to learn. I'd bet you could do it.

Ya that does make sense. But sax, guitar, keys etc came so easily!!

While my only instruction was from a book, seeing that dang 5yr old nephew work so easily at a level so beyond a little kid, does, to me, prove there's an innate aspect I'll never enjoy.

I did paint for months, and wasn't even once remotely pleased.

So . . . . . . .gimme a bouncy C!

As you all know, I drink a latte every day. Decaf. I used to drink the caffeine because I know the decaf. process is not all that good, but they don't want me to have caffeine with Lyme treatment.

Definitely the common decaf process is bad, but there's something called 'swiss process' that has either none of that badness or incredibly reduced. My prev local bean roaster even had it.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Definitely the common decaf process is bad, but there's something called 'swiss process' that has either none of that badness or incredibly reduced. My prev local bean roaster even had it.

I go to Starbucks ... <_< I live in suburbia ... the bean roasters are in the City. ;) Here we have 4 brm, 2 1/2 bath McMansions, mini-vans, and Starbucks. Also, Kroger, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Wild Oats, Borders, etc. I live in a very cool, 90 year old bungalow in the old downtown area though .... ALL the other parts of our town are about 10 years old ... you know the area, right? :lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh sillies sillies sillies :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Dr. Susie of the Giggles :lol:

Tom I'm sorry- call it Lyme brain but EVERY time I read SAX somehow I see an "E" instead of an "A". It makes for even funnier reading :rolleyes::ph34r:

OK- so you guys were lots of help :P Wwhat the heck is everyone eating? I think part of it is that I'm too tired to cook, appetite-less and anything I want is carby and I'm afraid of feeding the yeastie boys (Bad fungi, that funky fungi!)

I just made a tinkyada stir fry with chicken, veggies, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Not bad.

The other night i completely RACHELED chocolate frozen yogurt and sunflower butter. Bad. Lactose= no poopy :(

Good Lord- how i have degenerated!

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Hi, everyone, thank you SO much for the warm welcome back! :wub:

Jin, any chance you could switch to green tea? It still has caffeine, but less than coffee, and it's less acidic, too. Besides, it's more consistent with your Asian soul!!!! You could drink however many cups would equal your coffee caffeine hit, and gradually taper off.

Lisa, I don't know what you can and can't eat, but when I was trying to get my oldest to gain before he had heart surgery at age 2, I often made a kind of soup/stew (Rachael Ray calls these things, "Stoup") consisting of beef broth, ground meat, black beans or lentils, rice, and just about every veggie I in the house--canned tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celery, and lots and lots of onions and garlic. If you can handle soy, maybe you could top it with soy sour cream? I also gave him a lot of hummous--mashed chickpeas with garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice.

My youngest was very constipated as a baby (after we started her on solid foods), so we eliminated potatoes, rice, bananas, and things like that, and gave her lots of "stone" fruit, like peaches,pears, plums, apricots, etc. I've been told by other moms that the stone fruits worked way better than the prescription meds the doctor kept giving them. It certainly seemed to work for her!

But maybe you can't eat any of the foods I've mentioned? :( Sorry if that's the case.

Loss of appetite and constipation can be symptoms of low thyroid. Dunno if that helps you any.

tom Contributor
.... ALL the other parts of our town are about 10 years old ... you know the area, right? :lol:

Me? What area? OH?

Who?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

<---------

I have uploaded The Venus, however she looks a bit peckish on this site.... :huh::lol:

Dr. Susie of the Giggles :lol: Bev you are THE silliest one!!!!!! Glad you found something to eat.

I got nothin. Just saying HIE - DEE- HOOOE!!!

see, I'm allowed to check in morning, afternoon and evening now. that's it. Trying to be quite productive.

HEINOUS!!!!!

I had things to address, am too hungry and dingo'd it all (yes Tom from pages back, to dingo something means to just forget it, usually in mid-sentence even - a speciality of ours :lol:)

tom Contributor

Hey everyone I started my 1st thread!

Or at least 1st since aught-four.

Open Original Shared Link

It's about neurogastroenterology(sp?) and a Columbia U. Dr. and author who was strangely on The Colbert Report last night.

The show is rerun once more, either @9:30p or 8:30p on the Comedy Channel or Comedy Central - whatever it's called.

Very odd to see on a comedy show but it relates HUGELY to us!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

....oh and p.s., we have new neighbors moving in across the street in our fair Stepford community, I must spy whilst they're unloading things :ph34r: But I am telling you something, the former tenants, I did not even know they'd gone, they left under cover of darkness, I am not kidding....a week later I had to ask another neighbor if they'd moved....

not sure but I think there's been malfeasance involved - :o:ph34r::lol: and I am waiting for the telltale smell of a dead body or something :P:lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Bev, I eat things I probably shouldn't ... but NOT sugar!! You shouldn't eat the yogurt.

If I had a candida problem, I would not eat as many carbs, but here's a typical menu for me.

Breakfast -- usually a van's waffle, coconut oil, with a fried egg on top (sometimes two) or mixed berries with whipped cream (real, no sugar).

Lunch-- I usually go to Wild Oats to shop for dinner and buy myself lunch.

• Twice per month I have sushi.
  • Otherwise, I get a salad bar -- not lettuce, can't chew or digest it -- mozzarella balls, olives, roasted red peppers (from the olive bar), a tiny bit of romaine, celery, beets, and anything else that looks good and is easy to chew (remember, I have braces).
  • Sometimes I have leftovers or a can of soup

Dinner- remember, I cook for eight (or Adam does if I feel bad)

• Usually meat, veggies and either sweet potatoes, potatoes, or brown rice.
  • sometimes pasta with a cream sauce (too much heartburn around here with red sauce, and I'm not talking about me!). Last night it was Tinkyada with cream sauce and uncured pork sausage. It was a huge hit.
  • Tonight, meat on the grill, hash browns with olive oil and herbs, beets, and corn

Keep in mind, I avoid sugar and yeast, but other than that am not on an anti-candida diet. I eat more starch than someone with candida should ... and more high glycemic veggies, though I eat a lot of broccoli, asparagus, greens (collards, chard, spinach), etc. I try to eat protein with any starch to reduce the negative effects of the starch.

Many times Adam makes me eat. I could very easily never eat again.

If I'm herxing, he'll even drive home from work to feed me lunch because he knows there's NO WAY I'll find food worth getting out of bed for. On those days, he works out of the house until I wake up and he fixes me breakfast before he leaves. I literally would not eat if he did not do this ... now that you've had your first herx, I'm sure you believe me!

Part of the stool testing I'm getting done this week includes candida testing ... so all this may change if that comes out positive. :blink:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Rachel,

I had bloodwork for the T4 and T3 Thyroid hormones. All I got back was a sheet saying they were normal. It is odd that I have double vision, that knot in my neck, and palpitations, but the testing said I am fine. I had an ultrasound run last year on my neck, and that was just swollen Thyroid tissue. My doctor felt around my neck to check it this time, too.

They didnt check your TSH??

They should check FT4 and FT3 ( F= free) and TSH.

The "free" levels of hormones are most important because that is a better indicator of whats actually available for your body to utilize. If they just test T3....you dont know how much of that is "bound"...or how much is "free". Free hormone is readily available in your system....should you need it.

I always have them check Free T4 and Free T3. TSH should be pretty standard...dont know why they wouldnt order that one?? :unsure:

You *could* be getting those symptoms from something else. If I went off my restricted diet ...guaranteed, by the weekend my neck would feel huge and it would be difficult for me to swallow....plus a whole ton of other symptoms would appear.

I would investigate the thyroid for sure....but if all appears normal keep in mind that those symptoms could be caused by a number of other things.

About the caffeine....Jin....if *I* could quit smoking (and I smoked for ALOT of years), quit eating sugar and processed food (which was all I knew), quit drinking soda (I drank soda first thing in the morning and ALL day long), quit having any alcohol, (yes, I did like to have fun on the weekends) and basically give up EVERYTHING I had ever loved eating and drinking...I'm pretty sure you could give up caffeine. :P

I'm not a stronger person than you....anyone can do it....you just do what you gotta do to get your health back. I know it wont be forever....one day I will be kicking back with a drink in hand and some pizza on my plate. ;)

It wont happen if I dont go through all this to get there though.

Oh...the cigarettes are gone forever. B)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Me? What area? OH?

Who?

No, Silly, anywhereville, USA!! I've been to Phoenix, you have these areas, too!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I'm not a stronger person than you....anyone can do it....you just do what you gotta do to get your health back. I know it wont be forever....one day I will be kicking back with a drink in hand and some pizza on my plate. ;)

Yeah, I hate it when people say they could never eat my diet ... like I CHOSE this??? :blink:

AndreaB Contributor
OK- so you guys were lots of help :P Wwhat the heck is everyone eating?

I'm not much help. I'm in a food rut. Not many choices over here.

We typically have rice or pasta with meat/veggies or taco wraps with whatever suits us in it. We've used Eden Organic Pizza Sauce with those wraps also.....that's dinner.

Breakfast for the rest of the family is cereal and fruit, Lunch for the rest is bread w/nut butter and fruit spread with fruit or veggies.

I eat leftovers or whatever I can find. I sometimes eat 3 meals and sometimes 2 a day.

tom Contributor

Sorry to be a motif-thief pseuzee but,

<you said malfeasance> :rolleyes:

Or motief-theegh?

Re: no appetite - been there. Far too often I was too weak to make anything and would either have almond butter or nothing. Fell asleep on the couch hungry.

And this wasn't even during the period where I lost 50lbs in a few months w/out trying. Wasn't big to start w/ either. Was 192-194 for decades, then suddenly was 180,160, & stopped at under 145. Back to 180-ish now and may never get back to 190+, but I'm fine w/ that.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well I found the answer to my nutriceutical question. I found a FAQ section on the manufacturer's website. Basically, I shouldn't be taking it with ANYTHING. :lol: The reasoning behind why they said that is because the technology involved intensifies the nutriceuticals/pharmaceuticals. Whatever process they use (and I had some great snippets from the site in a Word doc temporarily, then someone bothered me at work, I dingo-d and exited out of the doc without saving) :( Anyway, whatever process they use binds with stuff and causes it to be intensified. So basically don't take with any other vitamins, medicines, herbs, etc. I don't know why they just didn't SAY that. :P I'm actually not supposed to take it within 30 minutes of eating either. Crazy!

Maybe, that's why the chlorella started bothering me, and actually maybe why I've had more bad D lately...everything is being intensified. I'll try taking all the capsuled supplements at work tomorrow. I usually take some before I leave the house then more at work...I'll just take them all at work, but I can't cart all the liquid stuff with me, so that'll just have to be taken close to this other stuff.

Sheesh...can't imagine how much fun it will be if I have to take antibiotics for the lyme!

I suddenly can't finish that sentence to my satisfaction.

Is that what's called "dingo-ing"?

Yep, that would be dingo-ing alright! Welcome to the club!

Yes, I certainly think you can molden youself... :lol: You said molden!

Unfortunately my reactions are always delayed so I don't always associate it with the mold, but I know I get reactions from it.

Tom I'm sorry- call it Lyme brain but EVERY time I read SAX somehow I see an "E" instead of an "A". It makes for even funnier reading

OMGOsh...so glad I'm not the only one. :P

I have uploaded The Venus, however she looks a bit peckish on this site....

Very nice!!!

neurogastroenterology(sp?)

I will visit your link just as soon as I go look up this word. :P English was/is NOT my forte! :P

not sure but I think there's been malfeasance involved - and I am waiting for the telltale smell of a dead body or something

You said malfeasance!!! :lol:

Archived