This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Janeti Apprentice

Hello Carla,

Yesterday I took the most oregano oil ever. First it burnt my mouth :o Then, about 20 minutes later I had to run to the bathroom.......Wow, it's so potent. :( But the worst, was this morning. I woke up to rippling gas pains, that went up my back. It made my stomach feel like a knife was sticking in it. I had to eat a little something, and I made a cup of tea. Do you think it was from the oregano oil? I definately don't want this to happen again. Or maybe could this be a die off symptom of candida? By the way, are there die off symptoms of that darned candida that seems to have taken such a strong hold of my guts? I'm not very happy to be sitting here at this time of the morning feeling like this. Any thoughts? :blink: Janet PS. Tom, You're so funny...Any thoughts from you?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
miamia Rookie

Rachel-

so sorry to hear about the terrible reaction. But one amazing thing is how long it has been since you had anything like that happen. You ahve improved so much it is truly amazing. This is just a aminor set back. You are so strong and will get through this and continue to improve. It sounds like you had a really good appt.

Oh i was not having DMPS with fillings. My doc was against that I am having EDTA first. I had the fillings removed so once i am done with this I can do the DMPS.

Today is my 10th chelation I have colon therapy right after but i will also be doing the urine test again to test where i am at. SO yeah another day with my trusty bucket o' pee. (How i missed it!!!!) Whats being in a toilet when you can carry around a big orange jug?

I finished my worm meds yesturday so i am hoping i will see some results from it. Fingers crossed.

Andrea- sorry you are having a rough time. Between dealing with your health issues and your childrens and then the stress of money issues(which i am all to familar with!!) I am sure it is just so much on you- but you will pull through this. Hopefully it will get easier soon.

miamia Rookie

Donna-

can you eat walnuts? they are super high in omega 3s

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Mia :)

I really hope that you will be seeing great improvement now that you've finished the meds. It's so nice to hear from you! Good luck with that bucket o' pee :P

I agree with you about Rachel's setback. I hated to see it because she has been doing so much better--but I think that is what will allow her to bounce back a lot quicker. ;)

Poor Tom--all alone in Rachelville :(:D

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I took my first dose of mega Vitamin D yesterday...and I actually slept pretty well last night...coincidence?! Yeah, probably. :lol: :lol: The pill is 50,000 IU of Vitamin D3. It's something like 25,000% over the daily recommended amount, lol.

Yuck. My mom used to use linseed oil when she'd refinish antiques. Yuck. I didn't know that was the same as flax oil. Did I say yuck?

Yeah, I used to oil paint, lol.

How about Evening Primrose Oil or Borage Oil? Have you tried those?

Not yet, but I'll be getting 'round to them soon I think, lol.

Oh, let's not hope for that! I hope becoming healthy doesn't make me become NORMAL!!! :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever been "normal". :lol:

Where IS everybody??!

Spoken from one of the absentees. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I took the most oregano oil ever. First it burnt my mouth :o Then, about 20 minutes later I had to run to the bathroom.......Wow, it's so potent. :( But the worst, was this morning. I woke up to rippling gas pains, that went up my back. It made my stomach feel like a knife was sticking in it. I had to eat a little something, and I made a cup of tea. Do you think it was from the oregano oil? I definately don't want this to happen again. Or maybe could this be a die off symptom of candida? By the way, are there die off symptoms of that darned candida that seems to have taken such a strong hold of my guts? I'm not very happy to be sitting here at this time of the morning feeling like this. Any thoughts? :blink: Janet PS. Tom, You're so funny...Any thoughts from you?

Yeah, it definitely could be the oregano oil. I get similar symptoms when I take too much of any anti-fungal.

Carla...I'm going to buy some oregano oil this weekend, how much do you take?

Today is my 10th chelation I have colon therapy right after but i will also be doing the urine test again to test where i am at. SO yeah another day with my trusty bucket o' pee. (How i missed it!!!!) Whats being in a toilet when you can carry around a big orange jug?

:lol: !!!!! Still haven't had the pleasure of lugging around an orange jug...could it be possible that I can dodge that forever. :P

Hope your chelation went well! And, hope the worm meds were beneficial!

Donna-

can you eat walnuts? they are super high in omega 3s

GREAT idea...I don't love walnuts but I can eat them, especially if I put a little olive oil and salt on them. :P I have some in my freezer.

ami27 Apprentice

Rachel - I'm sorry to hear about the bad reaction you had. I know how frustrating that can be. It sounds like you had a good doctor's appointment though. I hope your mom's house will be aired out and won't affect you again.

Carla & Donna - Have either of you tried Tryptophan for your sleep issues? I'm taking 1000 mg each night and seem to be getting more restful sleep. I thought I would mention it since you two are having such troubles sleeping.

Mia - I can so relate to carrying around the jug. I had to do that 2 times really close together. Once for hormone/adrenal testing and then again for the heavy metals testing. I have 5 more IV treatments and I'll be doing it again. Not looking forward to that at all.

As for me, I continue to feel pretty good. Some days are better than others. Like today I woke up feeling a little foggy headed with much tightness and pain in my neck. I have no idea why that is. Stress maybe? I'm not sure. I continue to take the new thyroid meds, adrenal support supplements, vitamin D drops in my morning drink along with supplements for leaky gut. Tomorrow I start taking the compounded Progesterone cream I was given. I go back on Tuesday for another chelation IV. I felt really good after the last one. I hope to continue to improve with each of them. Thinking back on the events that led up to me being ill, mercury toxicity really makes a lot of sense. I began having a lot of allergies in my early 20's. I never really had them before that time. This was around the same time I started having a lot of dental work done on my teeth. I had 3 molars that had amalgam fillings in them that had to have caps put on. The dentist that I went to at the time didn't remove them safely so I was probably exposed which caused the allergy issues that I developed. So for years I was chasing down the allergy issue instead of the root cause. Also, when I was about 12 I was chewing a big ole piece bubble gum. It pulled one of the amalgams out :o I ended up having to have that tooth pulled, but I imagine I was exposed to quite a bit of mercury from that little incident. And to add to the mercury exposure I used to eat tuna fish sandwiches ALL the time. Has tuna always been a source of mercury? Like in the 70's? As for the other heavy metals that showed up in my test I'm not sure where I acquired those. Lead, nickel and platinum showed up elevated as well. I did have a contract job where I worked at a steel mill for 1 year. I could have been exposed to anything while there. I have been trying to think back and make sense of all this...

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, Tom, I was here last night, but your post was too late here in the east. :)

Janet, I am taking it for other GI problems than candida, so I'm not sure what a candida reaction would be, I'll save that question for the candida experts. :) I have had it burn like that ... mine only requires that I take 4 drops, so I try to mix it well, then I always have a glass of water on stand-by.

I have had d problems for the past two days. I'm not sure why. It could be a bart herx since I started on the bart meds a few days ago (bart can cause GI issues). It could be because as I run out of the stuff I was taking for the GI problems I wasn't replacing them since I was doing so much better. Most of the stuff is only intended to be taken for a short time, so I thought that was the best way to do it. I'm still taking the oregano oil ... I think I'll order more plant tannins and VSL#3 today.

Donna, the oregano oil dosage depend on the manufacturer. I bought Wild Oats brand. It initially looked more expensive, but when I read the dosage, it was only 4 drops vs. 30 of the other brand I was looking at. I take it twice per day before a meal.

I have two more weeks of my chelator, then I get retested for heavy metals. I've been treating for a few months now ... initially I showed lead and a very low level of mercury ... it will be interesting to see if my mercury levels were really low or were being hidden by the lead. So, this will be my second date with the orange jug.

Ami, yes, I've tried the Tryptophan. I took it with melatonin and valerian root. Though I was very relaxed, it didn't help me sleep. I'm hoping that treating the bartonella will help with my insomnia as insomnia is a symptom of the bart.

I finally got the Ambien CR approved by my insurance yesterday! It's a time-released version of the Ambien. Anyway, slept for EIGHT HOURS straight last night!!! I like the Ambien, it doesn't feel like a drugged sleep like I thought it would.

Ami, I'm glad things are starting to make sense for you and that you're making progress through your treatment.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ami27 Apprentice
Ami, yes, I've tried the Tryptophan. I took it with melatonin and valerian root. Though I was very relaxed, it didn't help me sleep. I'm hoping that treating the bartonella will help with my insomnia as insomnia is a symptom of the bart.

I figured that you had tried everything and that it was more a symptom of bart. anyway, but wanted to mention it just in case.

Has anyone taken the food intolerance test at Optimum Health Resource Labs? I think they used to be York Labs. I did the 96 food intolerance testing and sent it in early August and I haven't heard a word! I really regret ordering the test now. But, this was prior to finding the doctors that I'm working with now. The test wasn't cheap and I feel like it was such a waste of money. I've emailed them a couple of times with no response. I'm going to try calling them today to see what they have to say.

mftnchn Explorer

Yes, here's hoping that everyone perks up again!

Suzi, I am not sure about the detox baths, can you help us with this Rachel?

I think it would work like a sauna, as the epsom salts makes you sweat. I think that it helps get the stuff out of the body, not cause it to start circulating. The skin is an elimination organ like the intestine and kidney, so this should help with elimination of toxins.

I tried mine tonight for the first time. Today and tomorrow are flagyl days, and tomorrow and Fri are DMPS days, so I am going to try these baths today and tomorrow when I am in this location and have a tub.

I think I got glutened this week. With so many ups and downs as a matter of course, I never for sure know what causes what. But....I walked into a bakery shop with my husband so he could get some bread for himself. I started feeling strange pretty quickly and went back outside. That evening I was fatigued and the next couple days had cramping and diarrhea this morning with no change in my Vit C/mag. Hmm. I suppose there was flour in the atmosphere. Might be an indication of how sensitive I will be--I haven't dared challenge gluten.

Have a good day everyone!

AndreaB Contributor

I finished my worm meds yesturday so i am hoping i will see some results from it. Fingers crossed.

Hope everything goes/went well this morning and that the worm meds did their job. I suppose it will be a couple weeks before you know your challenge results?

I have been trying to think back and make sense of all this...

Everything you mentioned is a possibility. I used to eat a lot of tuna too. I didn't have allergies, food intolerances or hay fever until my early 20's and have had fillings since I was in my early teens that I can think of. The food intolerances of my family are so trying......still.

Has anyone taken the food intolerance test at Optimum Health Resource Labs? I think they used to be York Labs. I did the 96 food intolerance testing and sent it in early August and I haven't heard a word! I really regret ordering the test now. But, this was prior to finding the doctors that I'm working with now. The test wasn't cheap and I feel like it was such a waste of money. I've emailed them a couple of times with no response. I'm going to try calling them today to see what they have to say.

I used the ELISA test through my doctor. I've heard that there have been a lot of problems getting results back from OHR. Keep bugging them.

I suppose there was flour in the atmosphere. Might be an indication of how sensitive I will be--I haven't dared challenge gluten.

It probably was the flour in the air. Yikes......I hope this clears soon for you.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Suzi, I am not sure about the detox baths, can you help us with this Rachel?

Shoot...I feel like when I was in school and the teacher called on me while I was totally off in la-la land. :ph34r:

Ummm...what was the question?? :P

covsooze Enthusiast

Te he Rachel! :lol:

The question was, will the baths get the toxins out of my body or could they end up redistributing them? I need help getting them out. Mind you, had a bad day today, so set back quite a lot. Will post about that separately.

Good to read about your dr appointment.

Susie x

covsooze Enthusiast
I suppose there was flour in the atmosphere. Might be an indication of how sensitive I will be--I haven't dared challenge gluten.

I second the yikes! Hope you're feeling better really soon.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

so sorry to hear about the terrible reaction. But one amazing thing is how long it has been since you had anything like that happen. You ahve improved so much it is truly amazing. This is just a aminor set back. You are so strong and will get through this and continue to improve. It sounds like you had a really good appt.

Thanks for the encouragement Mia!! :)

Yeah....it really has been a long time since I've had anything really knock me down!!

Heck...I think everyday was a heinosity for me! There was no question as to whether I would get knocked down or not...more like how many times. :rolleyes:

Oh i was not having DMPS with fillings. My doc was against that I am having EDTA first. I had the fillings removed so once i am done with this I can do the DMPS.

Good to hear that it wasnt DMPS. :)

The orange juggy. :lol:

I can never forget Nurse Cratchet and the orange jug that accompanied me to work and was "hidden" right next to the yogurt in the cooler. B)

Good luck with this and also with your 10th chelation. :)

covsooze Enthusiast

Now for my update :ph34r:

As everyone might have gathered from my posts, I haven't been doing too well in the past few days. I've been getting more and more tired which has triggered my depression. I have spent a lot of time the past few days crying :( So I'd really had enough of being on such a strict diet today and ate a jacket potato :o Well, within an hour my blood sugar went crazy, and I have cramps in my stomach, but (and this is either great news or quite scarey, depending how you look at it), I feel so much better emotionally. I'm like a different person. And it's not as if I've even spent the past few weeks actually wanting potato and I didn't even enjoy it that much when I ate it! So I guess it must be a chemical thing.

So now I'm wondering, what does this all mean. It's not as if I was short of carbs on the diet. SO is this a carb thing or a potato thing?

I desperately need the help of a professional here, so, as tomorrow is my day off, I'll make some enquiries.

BTW, my sister's baby is due any day now, so I'm going to be an auntie again :D

Susie x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The question was, will the baths get the toxins out of my body or could they end up redistributing them? I need help getting them out. Mind you, had a bad day today, so set back quite a lot. Will post about that separately.

Aaaah...the baths (I'm assuming epsom salts??) will help get rid of toxins. I think with anything promoting detox there will always be some toxins that get shifted or mobilized and dont actually leave the body.

Like if you take a sauna or exercize you are mobilizing some toxins and alot will come out in sweat but not everything. Thats why you basically start out slow and see how you feel and what your tolerance is. Also afterward drink alot of water to help flush out other toxins. If you can tolerate something like chlorella...it would be really good to absorb toxins. Apple pectin and charcoal are good options as well....charcoal can absorb alot of beneficial things though.

In order to get rid of them you need to be having regular bm's and drinking lots of water.

Soory you are having a bad day. :(

CarlaB Enthusiast

Susie, if I don't get enough starchy carbs, I don't feel good. We're all different ... some feel great on nothing but veggies and meat, but that never was good for me.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
So now I'm wondering, what does this all mean. It's not as if I was short of carbs on the diet. SO is this a carb thing or a potato thing?

Cant say for sure but I think the blood sugar thing could be helped by eating the potato with protein and not all by itself. Potato turns to sugar pretty rapidly.

As far as feeling better...it could be that you were having die-off from the diet. I've experienced that before where I've went on the diet...only to feel worse...then hit the ice cream again and felt much better. <_<

BTW, my sister's baby is due any day now, so I'm going to be an auntie again :D

Congratulations!! :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I agree with you about Rachel's setback. I hated to see it because she has been doing so much better--but I think that is what will allow her to bounce back a lot quicker. ;)

Patti....I was better the next day!! Yesterday I felt fine by the afternoon. :)

I feel guilty for not being at work (and also scared of what my dept. will look like when I get back :huh: ) but I have to have access to a kitchen for my lunch....otherwise I would just commute. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator
As for me, I continue to feel pretty good. Some days are better than others. Like today I woke up feeling a little foggy headed with much tightness and pain in my neck. I have no idea why that is. Stress maybe? I'm not sure.

Ami....have you been tested for Lyme?? Cant remember. These things are closely tied together so its unlikely you *just* have mercury toxicity. The mercury would make you more susceptible to infections. You would definately have some bugs hanging out.

I would be concerned about Lyme especially because if it were there and not a significant problem in the past it could certainly become one now that you are amalgam free and detoxing mercury.

The mercury can hold the infection back (acts as an antibiotic) and while its being removed your immune system is still weakened and this is when the Lyme (if there) can really start to take off. When mercury is removed Lyme recovers before your immune system does. I would not take a chance with that because once the infection takes hold...its not so easy to get rid of.

My own Dr. told me once I start reducing the mercury load its likely that I will begin to notice some symptoms from the Lyme in various parts of my body (right now I have none that I'm aware of).

I dont think theres any doubt that mercury is at the root of your problems but I do think it would have brought on other things which are now part of your symptomogly.

Lyme produces neurotoxins, heavy metals are neurotoxins, mold and yeast produce toxins, parasites produce toxins....there is just no way to know what is causing what. Neurological symptoms are neurological symptoms and anything toxic can cause those same symptoms. Its usually a combination of things which are all contributing to the overall picture.

I think you can try to piece it all together (I've tried endlessly) but in the end its just a bunch of different things leading to a point where your body just cant handle it all and you get sick.

Has anyone taken the food intolerance test at Optimum Health Resource Labs? I think they used to be York Labs. I did the 96 food intolerance testing and sent it in early August and I haven't heard a word! I really regret ordering the test now.

I have yet to hear anything positive about this lab!! I cant believe how unprossional they are. :angry:

I had the test done through a different lab (Great Smokies...which has since changed names). The lab was great but the tests didnt help me at all. Some people do benefit from the tests but my experience was that it was not of any benefit for my own situation.

I walked into a bakery shop with my husband so he could get some bread for himself. I started feeling strange pretty quickly and went back outside. That evening I was fatigued and the next couple days had cramping and diarrhea this morning with no change in my Vit C/mag.

Where I work we have a bakery. I can NEVER go back behind the counter without getting immediate flar-ups of head symptoms...including swelling, pressure and brainfog.

For me its not gluten related (although for a long time I thought it was).....its actually the fungus...candida and molds in my case. The air is so sweet from the baked goods that it just must really trigger something from the fungus. I've heard of others having even worse reactions...such as thrush or vaginal yeast flare-ups from bakeries. I also read about it in one of my Candida books.

I dont know if candida is an issue for you but that could be another reason for your reaction. It would flare up whatever symptoms you would normally get from the yeast.

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti....I was better the next day!! Yesterday I felt fine by the afternoon. :)

Now that is real progress! :D

I know what you mean about work, but try not to feel guilty...That's the great thing about work--it'll wait for ya :lol:

Just keep taking good care of yourself--it's really important and it's paying off bigtime :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
That's the great thing about work--it'll wait for ya :lol:

Yeah...thats what I'm afraid of. :P

For those of us dealing with mercury...

I read something encouraging on another thread (Hyperthyroid)....the poster said he/she is going through heavy metal detox and losing the food intolerances.

YAY!

That makes me real excited. :D

I can read about it a thousand times over but its always the personal experiences that are so encouraging to me. :D

ami27 Apprentice
Ami....have you been tested for Lyme?? Cant remember. These things are closely tied together so its unlikely you *just* have mercury toxicity. The mercury would make you more susceptible to infections. You would definately have some bugs hanging out.

I have not been tested for Lyme, but I think it came up on the EAV testing they did. The doctor asked if I had ever been bit by a tick and I told him that I had. He said that we would treat these things first and then address the Lyme if it really were an issue. He seems to be confident that the metals are my main problem. When I'm there on Tuesday for the IV I'm going to question him further about Lyme and see what he says. I sure don't want another something to take hold of my body just when I think I'm making progress.

For those of us dealing with mercury...

I read something encouraging on another thread (Hyperthyroid)....the poster said he/she is going through heavy metal detox and losing the food intolerances.

YAY!

That makes me real excited. :D

I can read about it a thousand times over but its always the personal experiences that are so encouraging to me. :D

That is very exciting! My doctor has told me this too, but hearing from someone that has actually experienced it makes it a little more real and exciting :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have not been tested for Lyme, but I think it came up on the EAV testing they did. The doctor asked if I had ever been bit by a tick and I told him that I had. He said that we would treat these things first and then address the Lyme if it really were an issue. He seems to be confident that the metals are my main problem.

Yeah...with a history of a tick bite I would definately make sure that doesnt get ignored. Your Dr. might not be aware that mercury detox can cause a less active infection to become very active. You dont want to trade one problem for another!

My Dr.'s are also confidant that the metals are my main problem but we dont want the Lyme to become a problem later so we're treating it all the way through.

I think if you have Lyme and are able to catch it before its a huge problem then you are lucky. I feel lucky that my Dr.'s looked for it and that I'm now being treated for it. Dont miss this opportunity! :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear tom,

I know about the Celiac group, because HouseKat and I have been PMing each other! :lol: I was so glad to finally find someone here in town! Maybe will we get the chance to meet soon! Adele's will probably be the best place! She lives on this side of town, or at least works nearby.

We have wondered where you were lately! :lol: You have not been on here as much. Normally, we see more posts than you have been writing recently. If you are spending some time on the Silly Thread, say hello to Bev and Susie Q for me!

I miss them! :(

Dear Rachel,

I am sorry to hear about your bad day you had! :( I sure have my share of those. Lipgloss exploding in your purse and stuff, that is like everyday for me it seems! I do not know if I am just clumsy, or if every inanimate object on the planet is seeking vengeance upon me! :blink: Days like that make you not want to bother with anything, because all efforts appear so futile.

Your doctor's appointment sounded extremely productive. At least that went well! :) That would be wonderful if you begin to add more foods back soon. Eat a Big Mac for me, and a large fry! ;) I sure miss them!

Detox is definitely something I need to do. I think the lemon water is a good start. Maybe I can do the castor oil packs a couple of times per week after that. What do you think? Would that be good? Rebounding for five minutes a day and adding five minute intervals every week throughout the day could help my lymphatic system.

That is awful about your setback! :o Stupid chemicals! :angry: Those carpet cleaners are supposedly safe for dogs, but I do not buy that. If it does such horrible stuff to a person, think what it could do to a pet! Meanwhile, maybe the rerinsing will reduce the ill effects on you. You have made remarkable strides, so keep up what you have been doing! We are all proud of you!

I am still laughing about what you said earlier! :lol: How you said you felt like the teacher had called on you when you were not paying attention? Who has not had a moment like that? Sometimes your mind just wonders. I enjoyed staring out the window sometimes.

Dear Carla,

Tung oil sounds quite disgusting! I do not think I would like to taste that stuff! I do not mind the taste of flaxseed oil, but anything remotely oil in texture, I normally dislike. Linseed oil is very healthy. You can mix it into smoothies and such.

Bart and insomnia seem to be good friends. I have difficulty sleeping a lot. Can Bart mess your hormones up? I would not be shocked if it did. You know how those stupid bugs are!

That is great about the Ambien CR! It really might help. This could be the answer! As you said, you still need to get to the source of the trouble, though. Treating symptoms only helps temporarily.

The D could be a herx. I do not see why not. Gastrointestinal issues are often a sign of die-off. Even when you have a sinus infection, you tend to get that after taking the antibiotics. It just works out that way. I assume it is due to the fact it must go through your system and out.

I do not do well without starchy foods. Low-carb did not work for me. My blood sugar dips. I have to have carbs. I know the yeast is aggravating it, but going too low is dangerous.

Dear Andrea,

Since you guys are not on the diet, herxes from the Candida might not occur. It is difficult to say. This depends on a number of things. You may have to take the Pau D'Arco a while before you know if it is working. The supplement might not do much good without other methods used in combination to eradicate the yeast. That stuff is hard to kill.

Maybe T is having a growth spurt. The budgetory constraints certainly do not help the issue any. I know what that is like.

That is so frustrating! One day, we could be free of the worry. Lottery tickets are only $1.

Dear Donna,

I am glad you slept well last night. The Vitamin D might be helping. Hopefully, it was not just a coincidence. Too much soy hypes up my system, because it is estrogenic. I am trying not to overdo it now.

Thank you for letting me know about the dosage of Pau D'Arco tea. I hope it is cheap! :lol: I am just going to do a little at a time. Like Rachel said, baby steps! That is safest.

The borage or evening primrose oil might do alright with you. Healthfood stores probably have them. I have not looked around for it, here. I probably should. Those are recommended on the Candida Diet.

Come to think of it, our friend tom has been a bit of an absentee lately! <_< He is cheating on us with another thread! It is true! I know it is difficult to take, but the Silly Thread has stolen him away from us! :o Could it be, that is where the others have gone?

Dear Janet,

The problems you are experiencing might be a herx. Herxes can be miserable. Maybe you should reduce the oregano oil dosage for now. That might help ease the suffering. If so, a die-off reaction is very likely the trouble.

Dear Mia,

It is time to celebrate! No more worm meds! :) I bet you are happy to be done with those! Are they going to have a stool test done to check and make sure they worked soon? At least the amoeba should be gone by now!

I agree that Rachel has accomplished a lot! She really has been an inspiration for us all. Without her story, many of us would feel doomed. There appeared to be no hope at all. She has shown us the light at the end of the tunnel is there, despite the fact the tunnel may be long.

Dear Ami,

Mercury can get in your system in many ways. I never had amalgams, but my mother did while she was pregnant with me. Also, my father smokes, so second-hand smoke is a huge issue for me. I also love tuna, sardines, and shrimp. Mercury is everywhere! This and other environmental toxins are nearly impossible to avoid completely.

I have had allergies from day one. They are nothing new for me! Your sensitivities were probably a result of mercury, and possibly other issues. Candida, as Rachel said, is a good suspect. Lyme is also something to look into. The stiffness in the neck certainly is common with it. I have that. Plus, you know you were bitten by a tick.

Feeling better after the chelation IV is progress! That was great to hear! There is a sign that the efforts you are making are helping! Some people feel worse after chelation. Normally, this occurs with people who cannot excrete them, where the metals become trapped. They then just redistribute in the system, and cause further complications.

Dear Patti,

Hello Angel Spice! :) Rachel has been doing great compared to how she was before. She is making wonderful strides!

This setback should not last too long. As you said, Rachel may bounce back very quickly. All of the detoxing will surely pay off!

Dear Sherry,

Let us know how the baking soda baths work! I will be anxious to know. They may be something I could do. We have a ton of it. Can you do it on your feet and it help?

I am sorry you may have gotten glutened. Flour is bad to be near. We are best off not getting anywhere near a bakery.

I am too fragile for that, because my reaction to gluten is so violent. I hope you recover quickly.

Dear Susie,

The past three days have sounded terrible for you! HUGS! If it is close to your typical time of month, that could be what it was. I always get weepy for a day or two during that time. My best friend says she gets like that, too! I always thought it was just me!

I do have another idea, though. Since you felt better after eating a potato, it might have to do with serotonin. When you are low on serotonin, high carbohydrate foods boost your levels, so you no longer feel depressed and miserable. I do not do well without carbohydrates, either. It is not always the carbohydrates in general, but the kind of carbohydrates eaten. This dictates the effect on your mind and your body.

I think you should be pretty safe with the epsom salt baths as long as you do not soak too long. Donna got terribly weak from sitting in there for longer than 10 or 15 minutes. I think lemon water is a good start. Carla told me to squeeze half of a lemon into a tall glass of water and drink it. This is good for the liver.

Sincerely,

Jin

Archived