This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

rinne Apprentice

Part 1

:) Rinne

Ahhhh it's good to hear from you and that the bars are going big-time. (Whose word was taifun?)

LOL Even if I can't eat one yet, I'm buying one the 1st time I see 'em!! :lol:

You and your insightful wisdom have been missed. :)

Hi Tom, glad to find you here and taifun came from my sweetie when I suggested I was going to become a tycoon he said, "don't you mean taifun?" :lol:

OMG!!! :o

Rinne....I *have* to get better by the time the bars hit the supermarkets!! B)

This is gonna be GREAT. :D

I'm looking forward to racheling the Rinne Bars....ALL of them :D

My goal is to make it possible to eat several Rinne Bars in one day. :P

Ummmm.....do you guys think I might double in size once I get better?? :unsure:

I'm totally excited at how far you've come with this!! Just dont forget to visit Rachelville when your bigger than Ben & Jerry!! ;)

I'm glad your feeling better these days. I was very happy to read your post tonight. :wub:

I could never forget Rachelville, even if I am not here you are all part of my world now and I do think about you. It is funny and annoying at the same time, we have gotten to know so much about eachother and it only makes me want to know all of you better. Believe me, if I get anywhere near Ben and Jerry's success we will be having a fabulous party.

And Rachel I have no doubt that you will be rachelling these bars. :lol::lol::lol: They might even make you fat. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rinne Apprentice

Part 2

Oh funny kind of gross story. So after my chealtion i was feeling pretty bad - my colon therapy session ahd gone reallly badly (hence the need to change) and i had just made dinner I really did not want to eat but i knew i had to so i did this whole series of stretches and breathing to help and I sit down and the door bell rings I decided to ignore it but it kept ringing so i finallly answer it and its the guy to pick up my pee early. I had not filled out anything or put the pee in the tube or anything and so i tried to rush but i felt really sick and i kept dropping things and then i shook the pee becasue you have to do that before you put it in the tube but the cap was not on right and then i spilled pee all over and the guy is out side the door and i have all the papers all over and pee on the floor and my dinner on the table getting cold. It was such a mess!!!! Ok I finally got the package together but it was really like such a comedy show (only not so funny at the time)

Glad it is funny now but I've been there and it is never funny enough at the time although I think the secret is to try to find the humor in the moment. When I am able to do that it often changes and things begin to work better.

Miamia, I've read back a little but not enough to know how you feel like you are doing now relative to last year, update please. :)

Rinne!!

I have missed you :D It was good to catch up on you--how exciting about the Rinne Bars! It all sounds wonderful, and you know as soon as it's possible, I'm buying a case ;)

Rachel and Mia--You two made me smile. I just know there's gonna come a time that you both will be able to eat more freely. I think you're closing in on it :D

Hi Patti, so glad to find you here. I've missed you.

I'm reaching the end of this herx... in the next few days I guess I'll see if the Levaquin is helping me to feel better like the Cipro did.

Carla, I hope your herx passes quickly. I read back a few pages and I see you were talking about decorating, what did I miss, did you buy another house?

Hi Rinne! :wub:

I'm looking forward to seeing your Rinne Bars and maybe even trying them sometime.........don't know if that will be possible.

Hi Andrea, :wub:

I have figured out a formula that makes it possible to do a wider range of rinne bars and I remember you eating Enjoy Life Chocolate chips at one point, yes? If you still are then there may be a rinne bar for you too.

I actually came up with one that has no gluten, dairy, soy, or nuts.

Hi Donna, I know you'll be here sometime today.

:wub: to all, thank you for making me feel so welcome.

I'm off for the week-end but I'll be back soon.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Mia...OMG heinous pee story!! :lol:

It was a "peeosity". :P

Yeah....I've had my share of craziness where nothing is going right. :wacko:

Its always funny later on though.

I cant say I've ever been through all that with the pee spilling and the guy waiting at the door though. :lol:

My pee story was that I handed the Dr. an empty container cuz I spaced out and *forgot* to fill it. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel and Mia--You two made me smile. I just know there's gonna come a time that you both will be able to eat more freely. I think you're closing in on it :D

Yup...we sure are. Those food intolerances are gonna be history! ;)

Rachel, I can't imagine how big you will get when you can eat everything! :lol:

It will be interesting I'm sure.

I probably only want to gain maybe 10-15 lbs....but the way eat.....who knows what could happen! :o

Rachel,

I thought you had posted last month that Amy was coming down the beginning of October? Did she have to change it?

So far there is no date set yet. :(

Scott told me either October or November. I imagine its hard for them to get the dates settled because theres always alot of other things going on and I'm sure she's very busy at the clinic.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I hope your herx passes quickly. I read back a few pages and I see you were talking about decorating, what did I miss, did you buy another house?

Thank you.

No, we live in a 91 year old house with a kitchen from the 50's that's been updated one too many times. We're ripping it out Oct. 1st.

We did buy another house, in the commercial district of our town. Adam's putting his office in it. A very cool, historical victorian. In the downtown revitalization plans, it's considered a landmark. So, we are very excited about that, too. More income is always a good thing with all these medical bills and kids in college. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I could never forget Rachelville, even if I am not here you are all part of my world now and I do think about you. It is funny and annoying at the same time, we have gotten to know so much about eachother and it only makes me want to know all of you better. Believe me, if I get anywhere near Ben and Jerry's success we will be having a fabulous party.

I do hope we all can have a big party somdeday!! We'll celebrate our wellness and Rinne's success with her bars. Donna will of course have her toes painted very brightly....I might be unrecognizable with my extra poundage but I'll wear a hat so you guys know which one is me. :)

I also think about you often and always hope you are feeling well, keeping busy with the new business and having fun with your sweetie. :)

I have figured out a formula that makes it possible to do a wider range of rinne bars and I remember you eating Enjoy Life Chocolate chips at one point, yes? If you still are then there may be a rinne bar for you too.

Wow Andrea...you're gonna get to eat the bars too!! :D

Rinne...thats awesome that you managed that!! These bars are gonna be in high demand. ;)

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi everyone! I'm here, just not in a posty mood, lol.

Hi Rinne!!!!

Yes, my toes are currently kind of a pinky purple with silver stars and silver foil strip tape. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor
Yes, my toes are currently kind of a pinky purple with silver stars and silver foil strip tape. :lol:

I hear the editors of 'Toenail Ornaments Extraordinaire' have you on the shortlist for the cover!

At a minimum, seems you're garrrrrre-run-TEED inclusion in the annual 4th of July fireworks feature!! :o

AndreaB Contributor
Hi Andrea, :wub:

I'll be looking forward to that! :D

Mia...OMG heinous pee story!! :lol:

It was a "peeosity". :P

:lol:

Scott told me either October or November. I imagine its hard for them to get the dates settled because theres always alot of other things going on and I'm sure she's very busy at the clinic.

Not only her schedule but Scott's too.

Wow Andrea...you're gonna get to eat the bars too!! :D

Rinne...thats awesome that you managed that!! These bars are gonna be in high demand. ;)

I think all of Rachelville will be demanding these once they hit the states. :D How exciting for you Rinne!

Donna,

Sorry you're not in a posty mood. I've been there numerous times. Hope you'll keep reading though.

tom Contributor
. . . we will be having a fabulous party.

Driving back from somewhere yesterday, a picture of everyone all together somewhere came to mind (outdoors even :ph34r: ). In a big circle.

Everyone's well and used to it - each as amazed as the next to actually be in one place. (looked like Central Calif coast to me)

(Aha! It was driving back from the WhF mtg, w/ ~12 celiacs having a picazzo's gluten-free pizza party)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Driving back from somewhere yesterday, a picture of everyone all together somewhere came to mind (outdoors even :ph34r: ). In a big circle.

Everyone's well and used to it - each as amazed as the next to actually be in one place. (looked like Central Calif coast to me)

(Aha! It was driving back from the WhF mtg, w/ ~12 celiacs having a picazzo's gluten-free pizza party)

. . . hmmm interesting.

Hey Tom, you're right. That works great. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear tom,

Oregano oil and many other essential oils derived from spices can be caustic to the skin. Cinnamon and clove oil are two others that tend to burn upon contact with skin. :o It is not recommended to apply them directly. Witches use essential oils quite often for annointing candles for the purpose of a spell. Cinnamon is used for money attraction spells, for instance.

I believe that the oregano oil could be causing a die-off reaction. If it kills off the Candida too quickly, it could result in gastric distress. I know herxes normally are more flu-like in description, though. There are exceptions to the rule, however.

Keeping that in mind is important.

Housekat and I have not gotten the chance to meet yet. Since we have the same favorite healthfood store, it might be a good place to meet! She just got over a nasty stomach virus, so it would be a good idea to wait a little bit before seeing each other in person. I am purely terrified of stomach bugs, because it takes me a month to get over them every time! :( Did you know stomach viruses often can stay in the system for two whole weeks?

That is true, that I have had quite a while between some posts. Lately, I do not know if I am just mellowing out, or getting lazy! :lol: I was watching the Sopranos earlier. Then the DVR messed up. Another episode of it and two of my favorite anime are on there. Hopefully, that will get straightened out so I can watch them and catch up!

How did you do on Talk Like A Pirate Day? I did poorly. I am no Jack Sparrow! :( You are right. It is really haaard! :lol: I wonder how Nikki did?

Actually, Donna called you an absentee originally. I just agreed. :lol: We torment you because we can, and because in Rachelville, women are always right! Making up rules is so much fun! As the District Attorney of Rachelville, I also get to enact the laws. I am going to come up with a bunch of hilarious ones. Speaking of, there are some pretty ridiculous laws that actually exist in our country. I will hunt them up and post a few.

I will keep the tvhealthfood guy in mind. It sounds like you had a great conversation! He sounds very interesting. More information is good! Education is essential to your quality of life. At least, it is for me.

I hope Bev is alright. Have you heard from her lately? Those Lyme herxes can be brutal. That may be what kept her away. She becomes very weak at times.

Donna's toes probably will be on the TOE cover! How much do you want to bet? The 4th of July issue will be interesting, if that is the case! We will know a celebrity! That means bragging rights for us all!

I love the story about Rinne being a taifun! That was funny. Her husband made that up. She has been whipping up Rinne Bars ever since! I think if you buy a case, you would at least have to taste one!

That gluten-free pizza sounds great! I would not have minded being at that party! One big slice please! I know my brother is missing pizza right now. I told him, I can satisfy his craving. I am all excited, because my Chebe bread got here today!

Dear Donna,

I am glad to see you slept so well the other night! I bet that is a nice change. You have not gotten a lot of rest for some time! Getting sleep is necessary for healing. This is particularly so between the hours of 10pm and 2am.

Yes, you called tom an absentee first! You get the credit! ;) I would like to point out that my posts require much more time. Mine are long. My daily column is a lot of thought you know!

I have not been in the mood to type as much lately. School probably wore me out. Typing out those projects could take forever, or at least seem like it. Now, if I am able to pursue my Bachelor's, that will be even less typing I will want to do. I am annoyed at them trying to get me to have my relatives or anyone short of the Queen of England pay my balance to the school. What part of I was defrauded, have no money and no bank account do people not understand!?

Your nails sound so pretty! I have not gotten to do anything to mine recently. I need to. Mabon is coming up. It is not until the 23rd. Maybe I could paint leaves on my toes or something.

Dear Andrea,

I am worried about having additional intolerances. My father just ignores it and wants to talk about something else. My parents are easily bored by anything potentially intellectual when health is concerned. :blink: I am glad I do not share their a**backwards view of reality. The other day when my brother was over, he was trying to figure out how we could be related to these insance people.

I can see why you would be exhausted with the food intolerances. It is one thing when you have one or two, but a plethora is another story! There is so much worry involved. I am still trying to figure out how to do a rotation diet and not go broke. So far, I am drawing a blank.

Dental work sure is expensive. Holistic dental work is even more so than the regular. If only healthcare was free. Naturopaths are often ignored. They do not go by the status quo, and therefore, are disliked.

Perhaps business will pick up again. Then you guys can afford the dental work. This is tough. Money is a real strain for those of us who do not have it. I love how rich people assume stuff will just drop into your lap. That makes it very apparent they have never been without money, insurance, or other things.

Dear Carla,

You seriously need calories! Losing weight is not good in your case! I hope you figure out the extra calories. It is difficult to avoid losing weight when you are dealing with the issues you have. Not being hungry does not help.

I have heard many spice oils are dangerous on skin. Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and a number of others are very painful if spilled on the skin. I would be concerned about what it could do to my insides. That would be like swallowing battery acid I would think. Oregano especially is very potent.

Somehow I had a feeling tung oil was not edible! Even if it were, it sounds very disgusting. I am not very picky about food, but that is one thing I would pass on! That reminds me of horrid items on Fear Factor some people were forced to eat. If you ask me, those people are complete morons. It is so not worth that small amount of money! Besides, after that, they will probably have to spend all of their money removing the parasites from their bodies.

Ambien CR is working! What great news! My father took Ambien before, and it did nothing for him. He is one of those people that they have to pump him with as much anesthesia as they can, because drugs do not effect him the way they do most people. Dad often has to take 2 Lortabs.

I cannot believe the dentist left a part of the tooth in there! At least it does not seem too much of a health risk. Thanks for the link! Allergy information is important to have. I think teeth do play a role in that, too.

I am so glad your herx is ending! The Levaquin is probably helping. We will be anxious to hear if you are doing okay. Like you said, it took a bit for the Cipro to help, too. Time is the only thing that reveals so much. Being patient is the difficult part.

You got that right when you say you need to save money for the kids in college and medical bills! Those are my main financial issues. If I did not have those, I would be in much better shape. The stress can be overwhelming. Depression often results from it.

Dear Sherry,

I am sort of pacing myself. As you said, this can be difficult to keep up with! I am just trying to get my life on a better track. I am tired of things in general going poorly, not just my health. Sometimes I feel cursed. Okay, most of the time I swear I am!

You need to be careful with the detox. Overdoing is a bad idea. I think that may be why you could not stand the sweating so well. I do not think you should do both the baking soda and epsom salts. Going with one or the other seems safer. The lemon water is a good idea to try.

My allergies have been awful lately, too! I woke up the past two mornings with a stopped up ear, and nose on my left side. A scratchy throat has been around recently as well. Everyone in the house is sneezing more the past week. Hopefully, that will go away soon.

Dear Susie,

Are you an auntie again now? I hope so! You have not been on here much the past couple of days. I have been reading along, but not posting until now. Maybe you are feeling better now. I hope you are!

Dear Mia,

Thank you for telling the pee story! Now Rachel is not alone in her urine test heiniousity! It is much easier to laugh later that at the time. All you can think is how to not lose your mind completely at the moment of occurance. Those awkward situations seem to always aggravate us at the worst possible time.

I hope you find a good colon therapist again soon. Your doctor is right in saying having the same person is better for you.

When they know you, it makes things more comfortable. These people also will not harm you. They know what your body tolerates and what it does not. Maybe you will not feel so bad after chelation next time, or are you finished with that already?

Dear Rachel,

Peeosity! :lol: That is now in our dictionary! We could use that for your pee story, too! It shall be described as mishaps concerning urine tests. Now we have to use this word more often. Could our dog raising his leg up on the phonebook today be a peeosity?

Maybe you will not get fat eating all of the regular food. It is hard to say. I know I would love Big Macs and fries! I miss those so much! Those were my major unhealthy craving. I was never an ice cream person, but cookies and chocolate were my vices. They still are. Rinne Bars will be much healthier, so we will only feel like we are cheating!

Dear Rinne,

Welcome back! We missed you so much! HUGS! Your wisdom is greatly missed! I can see why you may not be on the computer much lately. Congratulations on partners in business, and the Rinne Bar empire being born! I cannot wait to eat one or fifty!

I am glad you are feeling better again. Setbacks are always frustrating. You may do great for a while, and then you feel rough for a while. That always tends to make me worry. After improving, you fear going back to the way you were before.

Nightshades do seem to be a problem for a lot of people. I am so worried I do not tolerate potatoes anymore. I eat them so often, I know that could be me at risk for developing a sensitivity to them. I really need to do a rotation diet and keep a food diary. I could at least identify some major suspects that way. The hard part is figuring out how to do it without going broke.

Dear Patti,

I missed Rinne, too! It felt odd without her around! Maybe the other regulars will come back, too! Susie Q and Bev sure would be great to have return. Our little community needs them!

Mia sure sounds like she had a bad day the other day. When you are sick and tired, doing anything is difficult. I have days I am lucky to be able to touch anything without it flying out of my hand and decapitating me or something. It really is crazy. There are days where not moving is in my best interest! Clumsiness is very problematic when handling a knife.

Dear Darn210,

Welcome to Rachelville! The OMG Thread is a wonderful place to be! So, what brings you here? Is it a gluten thing, or something else? We discuss Lyme, heavy metal poisoning (particularly mercury), Leaky-Gut, Candida, and so much more!

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie

Ahh.. I remember why i love this place I knew it was the only place I could tell my pee story and have poeple understand and laugh with me.

Rinne-

It is such great news on the bars. Congrats. I have been having a rough time of late I wish i had better news to share but I did just have my 10 chelation for the heavy metals and now I am waiting for the results becuase i was retested I am very anxious to see if anything has changed.

Rachel-

I love your pee story too.

I had a really interesting appt. yesturday. I am not sure i like the women so much. I have not decided yet but she did do muscle testing on a few things( the testing some of you have had were they test your arm strength for certain things) It was really interesting. She did not do really specific stuff but for foods and candida my arm could not hold at all. (SUPRISE!!SUPRISE!!) It seems my pancreas and my liver are my weakest parts. She tested a few suppplements. Alot of them I coulden't handle but she tested one thing for the pancreas and when she adjusted the dosage and when it was just 2 I could hold my are but without the supplement I coulden't hold my arm. SHe did the same thing for a candida supplement and with just one of the pills I could hold my arm and without it noodle arm.

I am debating about getting the supplements- I hate to add more stuff but my reactions seemed so positive they may be worth trying. The one for Pancreas was called pancreatrophin and the one for yeast was zymex they are both by this company standard process.

Miamia

Darn210 Enthusiast
Dear Darn210,

Welcome to Rachelville! The OMG Thread is a wonderful place to be! So, what brings you here? Is it a gluten thing, or something else? We discuss Lyme, heavy metal poisoning (particularly mercury), Leaky-Gut, Candida, and so much more!

Sincerely,

Jin

Jin, thank you for welcoming me to Rachelville. However, I am here only briefly. My post was merely an overflow from the Silly's thread. I needed to post a ". . . . hmmmmm interesting" after one of Tom's post and I knew he posted here frequently (ummmm, not that I'm stalking him or anything . . .)

I was hoping to slip in and out without being noticed as you lot are quite prolific with your posting. And, if noticed, I figured you would be understanding as quite many in this thread post over in the Silly's thread - at least once in a while. Plus, as I do pop in once in a while to see what all the activity is about, I've noticed a considerable amount of silliness here, also.

That being said, if I've annoyed anybody . . . it's Tom's fault.

In all seriousness, best of luck to all in your pursuit of good health.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Tom's post and I knew he posted here frequently (ummmm, not that I'm stalking him or anything . . .)

Tom likes to be stalked.

Everything's Tom's fault.

Stick around here a while!!

AndreaB Contributor
I had a really interesting appt. yesturday. I am not sure i like the women so much. I have not decided yet but she did do muscle testing on a few things( the testing some of you have had were they test your arm strength for certain things) It was really interesting. She did not do really specific stuff but for foods and candida my arm could not hold at all. (SUPRISE!!SUPRISE!!) It seems my pancreas and my liver are my weakest parts. She tested a few suppplements. Alot of them I coulden't handle but she tested one thing for the pancreas and when she adjusted the dosage and when it was just 2 I could hold my are but without the supplement I coulden't hold my arm. SHe did the same thing for a candida supplement and with just one of the pills I could hold my arm and without it noodle arm.

I am debating about getting the supplements- I hate to add more stuff but my reactions seemed so positive they may be worth trying. The one for Pancreas was called pancreatrophin and the one for yeast was zymex they are both by this company standard process.

If you can swing it I'd give them a try. If your body tested ok for them they shouldn't cause a problem for you.

I can't wait for your results either.......is it a two week wait?

tom Contributor
I needed to post a ". . . . hmmmmm interesting" after one of Tom's post

:lol: darn tootin' ya did!

And it's funny enough that I need to explain. Darn210 (another Janet btw) asked us on the sillythread about the avatar captions and got the "you're not special enough for that until 501st post". So suggestions were tossed out and mine was to go to every thread and add "hmmmmm interesting".

So she does it to ME!!! :lol:

. . . . .yeaaaaaaaah . . . .'tis true

:D:lol:

tom Contributor
Dear tom,

Oregano oil and many other essential oils derived from spices can be caustic to the skin. Cinnamon and clove oil are two others that tend to burn upon contact with skin. :o

:ph34r: . . . .. .caustic. . . . .. THAT's the word!!

Housekat and I have not gotten the chance to meet yet. Since we have the same favorite healthfood store, it might be a good place to meet!

Oh ya! You'll love it!

How did you do on Talk Like A Pirate Day? . . . . I wonder how Nikki did?

Hehe .. . . . .see for yourself? :P Blimey! It was a funny day. There was a bilge-sucking hairdo tragedy combined w/ Pirate Day. And, at one point, Susie-CA had to launch a dinghy! <_<

(What could be more appropriate than THAT?!)

As the District Attorney of Rachelville, I also get to enact the laws.

"Here come da Judge!"

(does a Flip Wilson Show reference get me anywhere?)

I hope Bev is alright. Have you heard from her lately?

Well she DID propose making me "walk the soy plank", so I bet she's ok. ;)

CarlaB Enthusiast
"Here come da Judge!"

(does a Flip Wilson Show reference get me anywhere?)

More credit would have been due if you remembered that he did that act on Laugh-in ... so did Sammy Davis, Jr.

One Christmas, I was about 5 or 6 and had had a mini-glass of champagne ... and it was LATE ... I was sitting at the table laying my head down when my grandfather walked into the room, I picked my head up and said, "Here come de judge." LOL

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel-

I love your pee story too.

Thanks Mia.....right back at ya!!

Only in Rachelville. :lol:

I'm *only* taking supplements that have been tested this way. Its the only thing thats gotten me on track. If you find you have good results with her muscle testing and find them to be reliable...it will give you so much confidence.

I'm no longer afraid to take stuff because its all tested and the dose is based on what works for me. You *know* how much problems I had before...and now this has totally turned things around. I take more than 30 things now without reactions!! :o

I think that if this woman is a good muscle tester (and only you can determine that) you should have her test you for ALL of your supplements as well as testing to determine where you are weak and needing support.

You might consider having her test you for the things you're currently taking to see if any of them might be problematic.

I'm anxious to see how you're heavy metal test comes out as well. :)

And a belated welcome to Darn210. :)

Yes....everything is Tom's fault....nothing new there. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, best of luck to all in your pursuit of good health.

Thanks! We are all fighters here....we will come out on top (me with a huge slice of pizza in hand :) )!!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI RACHEL

SAW YOU WERE ON AND JUST WANTED TO SAY HI AND THANKS FOR POSTING ONE PATTI'S THREAD.

I HOPE YOU'LL KEEP READING AND POPING IN.

MISS YOU FRIEND

HAVE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK AFTER TRIP AWAY BUT........ON THE MEND NOW.

JUDY

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Anyone in the mood for scientificness?? :D

This is a loooong one that I posted on another board...thought I'd post it here as well. Some of it is repeat stuff but the rest is newer stuff that I've learned having to do with the immune system. Its all very interesting and most certainly pertains to all of here with Lyme, metals, etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is generally accepted that most autoimmune diseases are triggered by pathogens (bacteria, virus, fungi, etc). Heavy metals are also a cause either directly or indirectly (by stressing the immune system and allowing for infections to harbor).

Autoimmune diseases are inflammatory conditions caused by the immune systems failure to distinguish between "self" and non-self". Theres a few different scenarios which could cause that to happen.

Specific pathogens have been linked to various autoimmune conditions.

Cow Dairy has been linked to Type 1 Diabetes and Gluten to Celiac Disease.

However, I'm not convinced these food proteins are actual "triggers" for the disease....especially Celiac which requires an "outside" trigger...any type of stress on the body can trigger the disease. Many of those with Celiac go on to develop even more autoimmune conditions...in my eyes that points to chronic/hidden infection.

Many autoimmune diseases are known to brought on by stess...stress reduces our ability to fight infection. My hyperthyroid situation was always provoked by stress and then would usually settle down when the stress passed.

Interestingly with Celiac Disease there is research that has found that Candida albicans is the only thing known to share the same exact protein sequence found in gluten. The protein sequence was found in the cell wall of candida alibicans.

As all of us know...candida albicans can attach itself to the intestinal wall (other candida species cannot). It is targeted by transglutinamase...the same enzyme which acts against gluten.

It is very possible that an overgrowth of candida (even briefly) can trigger life-long Celiac Disease. Some autoimmune Diseases can be reversed....Celiac is not one of them.

Because of that....every one of us here with candida could very well have Celiac as well....if genetically susceptible. For me...it is not a possibility as I do not carry a Celiac gene.

Heres a couple links about that. Open Original Shared Link

https://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=859

I have thyroid antibodies...and I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (a few years before I got sick). Mainstream solution is either medication or destroy the thyroid. DESTROY the thyroid....kinda extreme dont ya think??

I refused.

Eventually when I got sick I was told my symptoms were caused by the thryoid and the only option was radioactive iodine to stop my thyroid from functioning. So I finally gave in. I was not much of a researcher back then. I just knew I felt like crap and wanted it to go away.

Guess what...now I have to take thyroid replacement for the rest of my life, I still have thyroid antibodies and I am not any better. How is that considered treatment?? Well they did their job because my thyroid levels are stable....nevermind that I'm still sick.

Later on I had tests for all kinds of additional autoimmune conditions...thankfully everything was negative but I was still sick. The Dr. told me (and this was Kaiser) that there was probably more autoimmune stuff going on but sometimes it takes awhile to fully develop....so all we can do is wait for them to test positive and then treat.

WTH???

Why on earth would I want to WAIT for more autoimmune conditions???

Thank God I am outside of mainstream medicine now and had I known better I would still have a functioning thyroid and we would be working on the *root* cause...as we are doing now. Too late for my thyroid...but not the rest of me.

I do have other autoimmune stuff going on...all the inflammation and things are autoimmune but they resolve with proper treatment of the underlying issues.

Autoimmune responses can occur anywhere.

Examples:

The autoimmunity concept is important, and explains a lot of otherwise unexplainable health problems.

It is impossible to become allergic to a normal human molecule - the immune system just won't recognize as "foreign" a molecule that has been present within you since birth - but this statement is not precisely true.

Let's say you are exposed to a non-human molecule that enters your system and binds to a normal human molecule. Your immune system will react to this hybrid molecule as foreign, and the antibodies and other immune mediators produced will then cross-react with the normal human molecule. This is the process of biochemical auto-immunity, the result of toxicity.

Let's say the normal human molecule was a neurotransmitter involved in sleep. From this point on your body will react to this particular molecule and you will never again enjoy a full night's rest.

Let's say the normal human molecule was involved in reproductive health; from this point on your reproductive cycles will be out of balance. The more toxins that are are exposed to, the greater is your chance for ill health based upon this principle of auto-immunity.

Outside of mainstream there has been much progress in understanding what causes autoimmunity. It involves pathogens, heavy metals, toxins and a genetic susceptibility.

The relationship between ongoing bacterial infections and inflammatory immune processes is well documented. Lyme is an example of a hidden infection which leads to diagnoses of Lupus, MS, Rheumetoid Arthritis and many more.

Here is just one example of an infection which is known to trigger various autoimmune conditions...

Human Parvovirus B19, a species of parvovirus that infects humans, is associated with the development of several different autoimmune diseases including dematomyositis, mixed connective tissue diseases, a lupus-like illness, a serologically negative (negative RA factor test) form of arthritis, granuloma annulare, autoimmune thyroid disease, autoimmune schizophrenia, and various forms of vasculitis, including Henoch Schonlein purpura, Kawasaki disease, Wegener
Rachel--24 Collaborator
HI RACHEL

SAW YOU WERE ON AND JUST WANTED TO SAY HI AND THANKS FOR POSTING ONE PATTI'S THREAD.

I HOPE YOU'LL KEEP READING AND POPING IN.

MISS YOU FRIEND

HAVE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK AFTER TRIP AWAY BUT........ON THE MEND NOW.

JUDY

Judy.....of course....I'm always reading along!! I have to keep up with how everyone is doing! :)

Miss you too!!!

Sorry you're having a bad week but glad you are on the mend! I hope you do well with the low-oxalate! I'm glad to see everyone posting in one thread. I go to DS when I have time but I cant keep up with everyone and there are locks most of the time. :(

I dont know my way around that site too well.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Thanks for that informative post. I've copied over most of what you quoted. I'm very interested in the Paravo virus quote. As you know T had Henoch Scholein Purpura. She hasn't tested for Parvo but I still find it interesting. We were thinking Celiac may have had something to do with it as it cleared up after going gluten free. She had battled that for 3 months.

For those on my email list for more detailed reports....I'm waiting for Seth's as we didn't get his. Should get it early to mid week this week. From what I've learned the ASYRA tells you what the body is primarily dealing with (that changes each time as you go through LED's, supplements and remedy drops) and what will help to alleviate it.....hence the drops. I had thought that I was alkali because it was on my report but it's to fix me being acidic.

AndreaB Contributor
[i'm glad to see everyone posting in one thread. I go to DS when I have time but I cant keep up with everyone and there are locks most of the time. :(

I dont know my way around that site too well.

They have the lock feature over there so just friends can see what you've posted. I believe Robbin posted that she's updating her low oxolate diet progress on the Aug 17th journal.

Archived