This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I guess he kind of was cute, a little older, mustache, really muscular, uniform, a gun strapped to his side, his hot ride with the flashing lights, shall I go on...

Um, how come none of the cops who pulled ME over ever looked like that? ANd did I mention I have 17 speeding tickets, so I have experience? (all in my youth friends, do not fear for the safety of your children in Rachelville as I drive the scenic roads of our farm) :blink:

Sorry Julie but... :lol::lol::lol:

Mayflowers,

Welcome to Rachelville. :D

If you would like to stay we are hiring for various positions. What is your field of expertise or interest?

Everyone is hired on the spot in Rachelville....as long as they are gluten free. :P

OMG Andrea..... :lol::lol::lol::lol: so no screening process, eh? it really is utopia...

Chelsea, I loved when my southern friends - - all scattered back to their homelands in the south now - - called me miss Susan.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Camille'sBigSister Newbie
Do we have a geese caller? :blink:

Found them... they're here...Random Songs Stuck In Your Head

Did you get my reply? If not, I'll send again.

Cissie

VydorScope Proficient
:lol:

Glad some one got it :D

AndreaB Contributor
OMG Andrea..... :lol::lol::lol::lol: so no screening process, eh? it really is utopia...

Susan,

The screening process is that they have to be gluten free. :P Don't forget....Rachelville is the bestest place there ever was or will be. :P:lol:

Sort of back on topic: Did anyone come up with an answer to the can't-stand-to-be-touched questions? Sometimes my legs, from just below calves to ankles, feel like that. Both my sisters have the same sensations, except all over their bodies. Is this celiac-related? They are way more sick than I am. I've sent them reams of info about gluten intolerance/celiac disease, so now they're in the process of digesting it all. Oops! No pun intended! :rolleyes:

Cissie

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Cissie, I didn't see your original question (I'm sorry, I'm trying to keep up, but I am Long-Thread-Challenged!), but it sure sounds familiar! I can't stand it when my arms are touched. This has only been for the last 5 years, and it doesn't bother me at all if I touch my own arm, but if one of my kids touches it, my skin reacts the way my ears react to fingernails on a chalkboard. :blink: I never put it together with the gluten thing, but it makes sense, doesn't it--my arms are where my DH (or whatever horrible thing it was) appeared in all its oozing blistery glory. One arm was also where my shingles appeared, too.

Holy Rashes, Batman, I think we're on to something!

I'm having such an awful time keeping up with this thread--can someone please PM me if this gets discussed and tell me what page we're on? I feel like a first-grader who got put in an AP physics class. :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY KILLING ME........ :lol::lol::lol:

I laughed so loud at the last few pages that my therapy dingo Annie ran and put her head on my thigh... :lol::lol::lol: she is concerned because I usually don't just laugh this much while back on the computer and not talking on the phone or anything....

Um, one thing I want to know, as I don't have time to read 100 pages back, is just exactly HOW These geese were hired as security? Not saying that it doesnt' make sense, because of course it does, ;) just kind of wondering from whence it arose...and yes, the geese are in other threads now....call them back with the random song, somebody.....

Cissie, you are NOT 73, you are just a goofy "young lady" aren't you???? I thought you were our age....yet my brain is so addled, I get confused about who's got what and with whom and what issue(s) and you know... :wacko: I'll get the poem for us, don't worry...

Celia - - I am simply out of my mind with glee at your increasing sentences in your signature.....

Who asked if the dingos bark? oh yes they do, the autistic one, Tika, really does (is it Donna who had one named Teaka! what a hoot!), to the point that my neighbors almost hated me, until I found geese to patrol them - - but Annie is kind of my basenji dingo, and hardly ever barks.....I will check to see if their teeth are rubber, will this impede their chances at security? I don't think it should....

holy heck I gotta get to my brother's for dinner....

oh and the hair....don't even get me started.....this demon mass on my head, we are no longer friends and I don't even know what to do wtih it!!!!!!! :blink: SINCE IT"S 107 DEGREES with clouds and so much humidity and we are taking like, three showers a day here just to survive.....can't wait for r-ville

Julie - at least I don't have to hate you as much because you're beautiful - - at least that hair took some work - - gorgeous - - oh and happy to know about the cocunut oil....will try - - I use some pricey oil from Sephora, $25 for a tiny bottle of Oscar Blandi Jasmine oil (will pay any amount for magical h air product), um, don't think so, am going to get coconut oil....

:):):)

I'm having such an awful time keeping up with this thread--can someone please PM me if this gets discussed and tell me what page we're on? I feel like a first-grader who got put in an AP physics class. :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Robbin

:) Wow, I really need to let house/yard work go and get on here earlier. Alison (Fiddle/Faddle) Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post!!! I am seriously going to try this!! I think I will wait till school starts, though so I can have the house to myself to make racket, er, hopefully beautiful music!

Penguin, kiddo, (oops, sorry) -Does the pain feel like bruises in different places on your body? I hope not, but I think it really, really sounds like fibromyalgia. Many of us have that lovely condition to put on our sigs here. You should check out one of the fibro sites and look up trigger/tender points and see if you have the same type of thing. Staying gluten free will certainly help it as I am finding.

Ryan--YAY!!! A HANDYMAN!!!Geez, I wouldn't know how to act if I had a man around who could fix things with tools other than a hammer. Everytime something needs fixing, dh gets a hammer, whether it NEEDS a hammer or not. I have learned just go for the phone book or fix it myself, 'cause it will cost twice as much to fix it after hubby fixes it . He's a dear though :) . Does need a fashion intervention though, I doubt it would do any good at this point. The person intervened upon has to WANT to change for change to occur. :blink:

Picard --Bald is so IN right now. I swear I would go bald if I were a man. How freeing would that be?! I have always had a thick mass of curly fast growing hair and about five years ago, donated three ponytails 15" long to "Locks of Love". WELL, boom, the worst of the sickness began and hair started falling out by the fistfulls and bald spots, brittleness, gray, and general ugh began. I am now started to get my hair back, but it has been a real b#@*& of a time. Anyone with great hair--listen up--do not take it for granted! Treat it nice!!!

Patti, I am allergic to coconuts too, and wow is it in so many things you wouldn't think of. I would never have thought of the water filters.

Rachel, are you using xanthan gum or guar gum? I have been using the guar gum since 1,000 pages back it was discovered the xanthan was corn related. Has anyone had a problem with the guar? Also, we are very interested in the progress on the new med. I am hoping the results are amazing and will help a lot of us.

Who was the fortunate one to get stopped by Officer Dreamboat? Geez, the only time I got pulled over, it was Barney Fife. :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

This will be my first serious post in a while.....

could Chelsea's pain actually be fibromyalgia? and am wondering, do the symptoms lessen with removal of gluten, or can they completely go away? I have a friend in England with serious fibro, she won't go off gluten though....

and, what about bruising? I have some SERIOUS bruises lately, like I've never had, and I thought that was caused by a deficiency of some kind, and I thought, of course since becoming a member of Rville, that I was healed and cured...you know, by the restorative spring waters that will surely be there....

Guest Robbin

I have experienced a huge difference in the pain/symptoms since going gluten free. The painful lumps and tender points have slowly been disappearing. The weakness and joint pain has lessened somewhat too. I hope your friend will at least try going gluten-free. It took about 2 months for me to notice a difference, but even the fibrocystic breast lumps have gone. I had a heck of a withdrawal though at first with hot sweats/cold sweats and cramps but it was SO WORTH IT. Bruises can be a problem of anemia and vitamin deficiency. The tender points feel just like a deep muscle bruise but nothing shows on the surface. Susan, you have been so sick, I would imagine that it will take awhile to get your iron levels up. You had complete absence of villi, right? What supplements do you take?

Chelsea, the gluten challenge is probably making this so much worse for you. How much longer?

YOU GUYS ARE LITERALLY KILLING ME........ :lol::lol::lol:

Um, one thing I want to know, as I don't have time to read 100 pages back, is just exactly HOW These geese were hired as security? Not saying that it doesnt' make sense, because of course it does, ;) just kind of wondering from whence it arose...and yes, the geese are in other threads now....call them back with the random song, somebody.....

I brought the geese, because Rachel was worried about our cows straying.

Cissie, you are NOT 73, you are just a goofy "young lady" aren't you???? I thought you were our age....yet my brain is so addled, I get confused about who's got what and with whom and what issue(s) and you know... :wacko: I'll get the poem for

us, don't worry...

WOW! Thanks, Susan, you old flatterer, you! :):) This afternoon I emailed one of my daughters, and I told her a little bit about Rachelville. I never got a reply. What do you think -- stunned silence perhaps? She probably forwarded to all her siblings, and I can imagine computers clattering all over the South: "We simply MUST do something about Mama!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

Who asked if the dingos bark? oh yes they do, the autistic one, Tika, really does (is it Donna who had one named Teaka! what a hoot!), to the point that my neighbors almost hated me, until I found geese to patrol them - - but Annie is kind of my basenji dingo, and hardly ever barks.....I will check to see if their teeth are rubber, will this impede their chances at security? I don't think it should....

Guilty again. It was I.

Cissie

P.S. How did dinner go?

rinne Apprentice
WOW! Thanks, Susan, you old flatterer, you! This afternoon I emailed one of my daughters, and I told her a little bit about Rachelville. I never got a reply. What do you think -- stunned silence perhaps? She probably forwarded to all her siblings, and I can imagine computers clattering all over the South: "We simply MUST do something about Mama!!!"

Bruising, I've noticed a bruise where my head rests on my arm when I sleep, I am thinking this is not good.

I emailed Everpure to find out what is in our filter but haven't heard back. How is the water challenge going?

Cissie, I didn't see your original question (I'm sorry, I'm trying to keep up, but I am Long-Thread-Challenged!), but it sure sounds familiar! I can't stand it when my arms are touched. This has only been for the last 5 years, and it doesn't bother me at all if I touch my own arm, but if one of my kids touches it, my skin reacts the way my ears react to fingernails on a chalkboard. :blink: I never put it together with the gluten thing, but it makes sense, doesn't it--my arms are where my DH (or whatever horrible thing it was) appeared in all its oozing blistery glory. One arm was also where my shingles appeared, too.

Holy Rashes, Batman, I think we're on to something!

Did you see Robbin's answer? I didn't have the foggiest idea what fibromyalgia was. I'm like you; I can touch my legs without a problem. A few years ago I had a hysterectomy, and I put on my own anti-embolism stockings before leaving home. No way was I going to let a nurse do it! :P

BTW, one of my grandsons plays viola beautifully, and another grandson plays a mean clarinet and other instruments. He'll be a music major next year in college. And my niece! Honey, can she ever play a piano!!! She also has a beautiful voice, and I sing a bit. Also have one daughter and at least three of my sons who sing. I understand perfectly what you mean about playing by ear. I can't read notes very well, but, once I've heard the melody several times, I'm fine.

When my family comes to visit Rachelville, we'll have our Social Organizer plan a concert in the pavilion on the square. I have a feeling LOTS of R'ville residents have musical talents! :):):)

Cissie

penguin Community Regular

I was hoping nobody would say fibromyalgia... it's in no way worse or better being on gluten, it's constant, I just thought of it today. The legs don't surprise me, because I have THE WORST vericose veins you will ever see on a 22 year old, and I've had them since I was 17. These aren't dinky spider veins, they're monster bulging, blue road maps. I even have one or two on my arms.

I don't understand the back thing, though. I dunno.

:)

Penguin, kiddo, (oops, sorry) -Does the pain feel like bruises in different places on your body? I hope not, but I think it really, really sounds like fibromyalgia. Many of us have that lovely condition to put on our sigs here. You should check out one of the fibro sites and look up trigger/tender points and see if you have the same type of thing. Staying gluten free will certainly help it as I am finding.

Ryan--YAY!!! A HANDYMAN!!!Geez, I wouldn't know how to act if I had a man around who could fix things with tools other than a hammer. Everytime something needs fixing, dh gets a hammer, whether it NEEDS a hammer or not. I have learned just go for the phone book or fix it myself, 'cause it will cost twice as much to fix it after hubby fixes it . He's a dear though :) . Does need a fashion intervention though, I doubt it would do any good at this point. The person intervened upon has to WANT to change for change to occur. :blink:

Thanks, Robbin. I'll check it out. But I don't WANT it to be fibromyalgia! Boo! :(

See there! I knew your husband was my husband's twin! Bad dresser and inept handyman! :P

Cissie

Guest Robbin

Chelsea, the back is one of the worst places for the FM tender points. The pain doesn't go away gluten-free, it just lessens, but--this is my theory--the body may form some kind of protective film or crust over muscles and organs in response to gluten-sort of like internal hives that hurt. This only my wacko description, though it does seem to be the case with me. I had severely encrusted tonsils as a kid (sorry to be gross), breast lumps, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, hard painful lumps near all joints, etc. and I think it was a protective type mechanism going on in response to gluten. The lumps/tender areas are like hard, fatty, ropey, muscle- fiberish (like that medical jargon?!) Do you have weakness or pain near elbows or pain directly above the shoulder blade inner pointed bone ?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I took the day off, and now I'm annoyed with myself. I've gotten so far behind! :blink:

By the way, CELIA, the real crazies in the world are boring, pessimistic, humorless folks totally devoid of imagination. We, the people of Rachelville, soar above the masses, accompanied by our miraculous, protective, auxigro-detecting geese, of course! I'm thinking of a line from a poem, "Cambridge ladies live in cloistered souls ...." Help me out here, SUSAN.

Cissie

Cissie - - I think time moves somehow at warp speed, and yet not at all, in R-ville - - it's magic....but as you can see, lots of reading required...I'm just glad I type 82 WPM (recent typing test)..... :D

Um, your last paragraph is just so, poetically hilarious.....soaring above the masses....right, we will NOT be living any sort of pedestrian lives in our geese-graced utopia!

where do you live? I am sensing a southern-belle-ness here....

the exact sentence is this, I found it: "The Cambridge ladies live in furnished souls, ... They speak of God and Longfellow, both dead." E. E. Cummings - a Harvard wit and professor, but not ee cummings of the small letters and no punctuation

happy to oblige, ma'am....er, Little Lady

edit - I hate it when you all go to bed, and I am left alone.....it's so scary, and sad..... ;)

(but guess what, THIS is the time when I usually have my chats with God, interceding for you and me and everyone I know, dear souls, and boy is my list getting longer and longer.....!)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Geez, I wouldn't know how to act if I had a man around who could fix things with tools other than a hammer. Everytime something needs fixing, dh gets a hammer, whether it NEEDS a hammer or not. I have learned just go for the phone book or fix it myself, 'cause it will cost twice as much to fix it after hubby fixes it .

:lol:

That is hilarious Robbin!

This thread is freakin cracking me up tonight!

I was thinking today....even though I've been here since page #1....I honestly have no idea how I ended up in Rachelville with all these wonderful gluten-free people, dingos and protective Auxigro-detecting non-pooping geese!

Its turned out to be the greatest thing but seriously....how the heck did we get here?? :blink: We must all have quite the imaginations to turn this thread into an entire gluten-free cult farm!!

Attention ---Attentntion---

As the President of Rachelville....I have an announcement to make....

OMG...I might be able to eat dairy!! :lol:

Seriously though...I just finished my second pint of ice cream! :o (yeah...since only yesterday I've already eaten 2 pints :ph34r: )

Ok...I had this "OMG...I might be on to something moment" on Monday night. What happened was I didnt have much to eat all day and consequently I was starving. Pretty much all I had at that moment was 3 small pieces of celery. I had been eating the celery all week...I've had problems with celery off and on since last summer when I was on the candida diet. I sometimes suspected I was "allergic" to it or something. Since then I've realized its not the celery....its the Auxigro.

Soooo...you can see where this is going. Damn geese....never around when I need them! Here I am getting poisoned by Auxigro (again) and the geese have flown off to other threads??!! What is up with that???

So anyways sometimes I'm reacting to it...sometimes not. I just try different farms and try to get lucky. I've thrown away full bunches of celery lots of times. As I'm typing this I'm actually wondering why I even kept trying with the celery....I'm not a big fan of it or anything. Who really cares about celery....what I really wanna know is can I eat ice cream???

Well I didnt feel too hot whenever I ate the celery this past week but I was totally blaming it on the peanut butter I was eating with the celery. I always eat fatty foods with celery...nut butters, coconut butter (oh yeah I guess thats a nut butter too... wait is coconut a nut? ), avacado...stuff like that. All the stuff that I have trouble digesting to begin with...fats just dont like me.

So all weekend I'm sick with "d" and stomach aches....plus alot of other symptoms cuz I ate all this peanut butter. I was also eating rice pasta everyday. All I know is I was sick...sick...sick. I got more sensitive to chemicals again too. So on Monday night I grab those 3 pieces of celery and eat them. Within 5 minutes my head is swelling, my eyes are blurry and sticky, my face is burning all over and I'm having this full blown MSG reaction!! My stomach started rumbling again and got all upset and bloated again...and yes...the ovary pain comes back.

Too bad I've been slacking on my journal cuz I'd really like to know if I munched on any celery any time Thursday before my intestines got all crazy for the ultrasound. I'm pretty sure I didnt though. I'm almost certain it was a pear, quinoa and Tinkyada.

From what I've learned about msg is that it hits people harder on an empty stomach. This goes for anyone. The people who claim MSG is "safe" for us say that to prevent reactions we should eat high carb meals when consuming MSG. I say....lets not put it in our food at all...how about that....it sounds alot more logical to me!! But then again....who am I? Just the Pres. of R-ville.....nobody cares except for us and the geese. :(

I'm wondering if I never got hit hard like that all week with the celery because I was eating rice everyday and also peanut butter or avocado with celery. Then on Monday I ate a much smaller amount (3 very small pieces) but on a very empty stomach. Also I know when I get an MSG reaction I get inflammation all over my body. I'm wondering if the inflammation is also taking place in my intestines. Could this make my food hard to digest if there was alot of inflammation? Then if I'm eating all this oily peanut butter and other high fat foods....no wonder I'm having such a hard time and eand up with D. I'm thinking back on the week when I was on vacation and stuffing my face with those yams and sweet potatoes. None of my food was getting digested that week and even though I didnt have d....I lost almost 10 lbs. Could the msg reactions be causing inflammation that results in malabsorption? :huh: Its just a theory I have right now.

I decided after what happened with the celery and being up half the night with cramps, chest pain and dizziness I'm totally done with veggies. They always get me sick. I do better with fruits. I think the stuff thats grown in or near the ground get me the most sick. I know some fruits have Auxigro as well but I just dont get as severe a reaction....most fruits give me no reaction. I remember reading that Auxigro (being 30% MSG) can be quite potent for someone sensitive. The root veggies absorb the most Auxigro since they are grown in the ground. Is celery a root veggie? Does it grow close to the ground? Anyone know this? Where is our resident farmer.....Mango, do you know this?? :unsure:

Anyways I think 30% MSG is ALOT.....I seriously think I'd do better eating a regular pizza. Don't worry...I havent lost all my marbles....I'm not having an "OMG moment" having to do with pizza.

I decided to just try to eat based on all that I've learned about MSG ingredients, sulfites, etc. I've learned alot and its time to put it all to good use. I just cant gamble with the vegies anymore. I've never cut out veggies...or even just "root" veggies...but I wonder if it might help. I just keep thinking 30% msg and it seems like alot to me....more than I would get from tiny amounts in some processed foods. Maybe I wouldnt be so sensitive to natural glutamates if I stopped consuming Auxigro. Maybe I'd be less sensitive all together....cant hurt to try right?? I read that alot of people find that ice cream actually helps them with MSG reactions....something about the sugar and fats. Anyways, I found an all organic ice cream...with no ingredients that would be high in glutamate and no hidden MSG. I've enjoyed the hell outta eating those 2 pints so far!!

Of course its WAY too soon to say I'm cool with dairy...but we shall see. The last time around I was consuming dairy products that contained lots of glutamates. For starters I was drinking and baking with ultra-pastuerized milk which is a no-no for anyone avoiding MSG. Cheese is a no-no as well and I ate a whole block of swiss in one day. Of course that was when I still thought MSG was just a spice they used on Chinese food. I had never even heard of a glutamate when I started this thread.

I'm also gonna try corn...I've already eaten some corn tortillas. Again, label reading seems to be a huge factor. Corn is really high in natural glutamate so I'm not gonna eat very much since its only been a couple days since my last full blown reaction. Who knows how much MSG I've got stored in me right now. I could easily react to tiny amounts or foods high in natural glutamate. I wouldnt dare try a tomato right now. <_< I got some frozen corn I'm gonna try.

I'm thinking corn may not be an issue but corn syrup would probably literally put me out of commission for a week or more. Corn Syrup, corn starch, corn this, corn that.....when I look at avoiding MSG lists and avoiding Sulfites lists and all the lists of bad stuff in our food. Those corn ingredients are always showing up. They are full of MSG and/or Sulfites. Thats the stuff I need to avoid...I'm pretty sure. I may be perfectly fine with fresh corn. I dont recall ever having a problem with it....only one way to find out though.

Soooo....here I am again...changing things up. Hope I get good results and maybe if I'm not having massive amounts of MSG from Auxigro in my system nearly everyday....maybe things will mellow out and the Keto will really start to work....maybe my intestines wont be "all over the place" anymore. No more dancing intestines!! WooHoo!!

Can you tell I'm more excited about this new diet change?? It could have something to do with the ICE CREAM!!! Now if only I could have hot fudge, cherries, banana, whip cream and nuts....OMG....then I'd really be on to something!! I'd be sittin on a cloud! :D

Anyways, thats the latest in my string of "OMG moments".

Myabe without Auxigro I'll gain more weight too!! YAY....another excuse for eating lots of ice-cream. I'm totally sticking to only organic during this new diet. Trying to avoid as many chemicals as I possibly can. I wont bake this time cuz I dont find alot of organic flours and everything else that goes into it....plus I gotta worry about sulfites. Baking is on hold for now. Ice Cream is better anyways.

Robbin,

Since the start of this thread I havent used guar or xanthan gum....or any gums for that matter. The ice cream I ate has guar gum in it...so far no problems that I'm aware of. I bought a pint of Sorbet that I'll try maybe next week....its got xanthan in it.....so I'll see what happens with that....if I get brave enough. I'm a little scared.

I cant remember who was talking about lumps and pains and all that. I just wanted to say that I had that pre-gluten-free. I had it bad. They put me in a chronic pain class cuz they didnt know what was wrong...just told me I needed to learn to live with pain. There was alot of people with Fibro in there. They tested me for fibro...checking all the points and I didnt have that many in those places. I had already checked the points myself cuz I got a book on Fibro and it shows you where to check....there are 11 points to check for pain. I think its eleven. :unsure:

Anyways I had round knots of pain all over....especially in my neck, shoulders and back. I had lots of swelling, joint pain, lumps, etc....just not all in the right spots for fibro. It all went away when I went on the candida diet last summer. I also had an unbelievable amount of bruises....I just had bruises constantly....big ones...even though I never even would do anything to get bruised. They would just appear....those never came back either. YAY!!

I dunno if anyone asked me anything that I didnt respond to....I'm too tired to go through all the posts again. I gotta get some sleep but if I missed anything just repost it cuz its hard to keep up....RachelVille is getting busier day by day. Theres always alot going on.

Did someone say they needed a fabric store near R-ville? I decided it will be a "Super-Craft Store".....to accommadate all of our crafty needs. What I NEED is scrapbooking stuff....and lots of it!! This store will be HUGE!

Lynne,

Welcome to Rachelville!

I'm not sure if you were already grreted by our offical " town greeter", Julie. She waves and greets all the new-comers. :D

If she didnt...I apologize....she may be "slippin"....or maybe she's busy with her hair....gettin' beautiful for the parade. :lol:

OMG...Dont even get me started on the hair stuff. I could be here all night!!

Julie...I love your hair in that pic.

Susan, your post cracked me up...always the comedian.

Patti, your hair looks lovely in your pic too!!

Everyone looks good here!!!

Whats interesting about my hair is....I've always blown it dry...my whole life. Its always straight too....unless I curl it. Its always been straight. Awhile back I got layers....I've had them in the front a long time but this time I got layers all over. One day a few years ago I showered then got sleepy and fell asleep w/out drying my hair. I woke up and had a perm. :blink:

Seriously....I never knew my hair was naturally wavy like that. It was awesome. It was all in spirals. I fluffed it with a pic and went about my day...all happy with my new found perm. I had a friend over and neither one of us could believe the transformation my hair decided to make that day. Ever since then I wear it both ways. I let it dry naturally fur spirals and blowdry for straight. I found that if the layers grow out its not so curly anymore so I keep the layers so that I can also keep the curls. :D

OMG...Lynne, writing about the scrapbook stuff made me realize I never answered your last PM...about the scrapbook stuff. Dang....this thread has taken over my life!! Well....I guess I could say that...if I had a life before this thread. How sad is that. I hope I get better soon so I can get back to living the way I used to and having lots of fun. Taking lots of pictures for scrapbooking and making new memories...cant wait!

I still have your pm...will write back asap.

Nite everyone.

EDIT: Holy Cow....that was like the longest post ever! I was told I had used more emoticons than the board allows! :blink:

How can my emotions be limited??? :unsure:

I need to express myself damn it!! :lol::lol:

I seriously just had to remove all my emotions from my above post. :(

I never even knew about this emoticon limitation??? How many is too many?? I really don't think its fair! <_<

Can you tell I'm making up for my lost emotions in my edit?? :P

Cissie - - I think time moves somehow at warp speed, and yet not at all, in R-ville - - it's magic....but as you can see, lots of reading required...I'm just glad I type 82 WPM (recent typing test)..... :D

Um, your last paragraph is just so, poetically hilarious.....soaring above the masses....right, we will NOT be living any sort of pedestrian lives in our geese-graced utopia!

where do you live? I am sensing a southern-belle-ness here....

the exact sentence is this, I found it: "The Cambridge ladies live in furnished souls, ... They speak of God and Longfellow, both dead." E. E. Cummings - a Harvard wit and professor, but not ee cummings of the small letters and no punctuation

happy to oblige, ma'am....er, Little Lady

Ah, yes, R'ville IS magic

I live in Lilburn, Georgia, but was born and raised in Memphis. We talked (about 100 pages ago) about Elvis, and JLL, the pianist.

I had forgotten about E. E. Cummings. Thanks ever so much for coming up with the line. LOVE e.e. cummings! I have a rather good collection of his works. "Humanity i love you because you are perpetually putting the secret of life in your pants and forgetting it's there and sitting down on it...Humanity i hate you" Well, something like that. I'm too tired to look it up. It appealed to me during my Bohemian period. When we have a lovely spring rain, I always think of mud squishing delightfully between children's toes, though that wasn't exactly the point of the poem. "in Just-spring when the world is mud-luscious...." Oh, and "how should contented fools of fact envision the mystery of freedom?...."

I've gone off on a tangent again. It's way, way, WAY past my bedtime, but guess I have insomnia tonight. I hope I haven't accidentally ingested MSG.

I'm worried about my computer; some of the letters look weird, and there are little sprinkles of debris everywhere. ????? :unsure:

Pleasant dreams!

Cissie

AndreaB Contributor

OMG Rachel, you might be on to something. :P I couldn't resist.

I have a caution to throw in here. Do you think it's wise to try dairy and corn at the same time. How are you going to know what is bothering you if you do have a reaction? It sounds like you may be on the right track though. And yes, celery grows in or near the ground. I tried it once and it didn't take off. I believe just the tops are above ground but I could be wrong. If you need to think high for veggies what about peas, string beans, broccoli or cauliflower. They aren't necessarily high but they aren't on the ground either.

You gotta love this thread. I've been keeping up with everyone's posts but not commenting much today. All the bases seem to have been covered. I need to try and trim my time at this computer and spend more time with the kidlets again.

Rachel,

We are actually going to be having weather you might approve of the next few days...90's. They are recommending people stay indoors because of the humidity I think. My dad said the heat in Arizona isn't nearly as bad as whatever little heat we get because of the humidity we have. Is California the same? Poor Mitch has to be out in it all day though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I live in Lilburn, Georgia, but was born and raised in Memphis. We talked (about 100 pages ago) about Elvis, and JLL, the pianist.

I'm worried about my computer; some of the letters look weird, and there are little sprinkles of debris everywhere. ????? :unsure:

Pleasant dreams!

Cissie

:ph34r::ph34r: of course, I am really confused in my thinking....heck, something is wrong with your computer? um, well something is wrong wtih my brain.....

but, those weird looking letters and "sprinkles of debris" -- Cissie you can't lose your computer now...

okay. now going to read all the rest of the posts.

my stomach is KILLING me, and this morning, forgot to mention that I had light-colored greenish D, several times, don't know WHERE The gluten was yesterday, have gone over it with fine-tooth comb...ugh, feeling awful and don't know how you guys - Queen Rachel especially - can deal with this all the time! I do feel for you....

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

Your edit is too funny. :lol::lol:

I've also been emoticon restricted. Primarily when I wanted to put alot of laughs in. Oh well, I guess we'll have to deal with it. :P

my stomach is KILLING me, and this morning, forgot to mention that I had light-colored greenish D, several times, don't know WHERE The gluten was yesterday, have gone over it with fine-tooth comb...ugh, feeling awful and don't know how you guys - Queen Rachel especially - can deal with this all the time! I do feel for you....

Susan, I'm sorry. I was worried you might get glutened yesterday over at your brothers. Could that have been it?

I just heard my alarm....maybe I can go to bed earlier tonight. Seth always wakes up between 10-12 so I find it pointless to go to bed before he has his wake up moan, cry, resituate his pacifier episode.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Soooo...you can see where this is going. Damn geese....never around when I need them! Here I am getting poisoned by Auxigro (again) and the geese have flown off to other threads??!! What is up with that???

OH MY GAWD.....this sentence made me bust a gut, but then I read the rest of your post.....dang Rachel. I feel so sorry for you, I don't know how you figure out what to eat. Celery - - completely right - who needs it? just a very hard-to-digest vehicle - remember, you're not supposed to put it in your garbage disposal, so think of all the fiber in your fragile intestines - for more interesting things. don't bother.

I am glad you're enjoyoing your ice cream!

I feel sick. Signing off soon.....

who knew about the emoticon limit? :lol: Surely in Our Town there will be no limit on this.....

B);):unsure::o:ph34r::rolleyes::lol::huh::blink::D:P:angry::):(<_<

RACHEL! How absolutely fabulous about the ice cream!!! :D:D:D I was on my way to bed, but stopped to read your looong post. I'll say an extra prayer for you now.

Cissie

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Aww, your girls are so cute. They look like they are awaiting their assignment in Rachelville.

Archived