This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And c'mon . . .. . .if it didn't get moved while dingy was top poster of the day, how can it get moved now?

Because this is Scott's board and we are priviledged to post here about all of these issues. He can choose to move it at his discretion.

I hope we can have respect for those who do not want to lose the thread and who find value in it with regards to their health issues. There is plenty of room for off-topicness in the threads which are located in gab/chat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, are you kidding? When this is over, you're going to be the cleanest person on the PLANET!

Well....maybe NOT if I keep eating all of this chocloate. :lol:

Seriously though....I really hope so and thanks for the encouragement!

I'm 36....another reason I want to work with one of the best Dr.'s....I dont have alot of time to mess around. ;)

I gotta get rid of these toxins...and fast. I would love to have more than one child...but we'll see what God has in store for me. :)

Green12 Enthusiast
Yeah...thats my understanding as well. The major stuff gets done in the office by a trained practitioner...the "at home" laser is good for all sorts of other things. :)

This new practitioner I will be going to has a cold laser in her office and uses it a lot with her patients, I'm kind of excited to see how it works.

I also have babies on the brain, I so want to get healthy to make it a reality.

tom Contributor
I know that in the past every time I quit, and I did quit, I felt deprived but now I feel liberated. I know I have not lost anything of value, instead I feel I have emerged into a brighter day. :D

I am having the occasional twitch but I just think of the tobacco companies as the lying, scheming monsters that they are and I say, " I am free, I am free, I am free at last, yahoo!!!!"

Heehee Rinne :) "liberated" even!! "Brighter day"!! :o

Feels like the more I hear the closer I get.

We are 1/2 hour from the border so it depends on where she is in Portland.

ANDREA!! That's SO close!

I hope you're not too busy for a RL pop-in next time I'm in Portland. :o:) :) :blink:

Haven't seen my sister & her 2 great lil boys in too long, and really hoped for a fare on today's LastMinuteFares unveiling. (It's every Wed.) But no ... . . . :(

Hi Rachel - thought I was 'ignored'.

8 bags ugh .. . .. .

Carla! I might give your fudge a shot. I did save the recipe already. I hope the agave isn't too expensive since I might end up having it only once.

In considering fretting about some off-topic-ness:

Is there a single page of the 1500+ w/OUT a post not directly related to 'whatever the current thread title should be' ??

Funny song on now - "All my XXs live in Texas" ! :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Tom, the agave is useful for other things, too. Use it like you would honey. :) Cereal, coffee, toast, tea, etc.

tom Contributor
Tom, the agave is useful for other things, too. Use it like you would honey. :) Cereal, coffee, toast, tea, etc.

;) Honey, I'm so off sweeteners it would've been in-con-THEEVE-able that it could even be possible for most of my sweet-tooth-driven existence. :P

Really thinking about it (for a thread about reducing sugar intake) made me realize how I don't even think about dessert or anything sweet anymore.

But I did try a pseudo-macaroon at Shelly's a few days ago. (Ppl besides Jin remember her right? She was only for a week, but did learn what she needed) They surprisingly only had 3 ingredients so I tried a couple bites. Not bad, but no desire to buy any.

Anyway, not sure if I'd have a use for the agave besides your fudge.

Cereal - 1 ingred puffed brown rice

Coffee - black or some nutmilk

Toast - waiting to try yeast; no hurry

Tea - eh

Hope everyone's doing well (relatively, of course) and that tomorrow is better than today! :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Because this is Scott's board and we are priviledged to post here about all of these issues. He can choose to move it at his discretion.

I hope we can have respect for those who do not want to lose the thread and who find value in it with regards to their health issues. There is plenty of room for off-topicness in the threads which are located in gab/chat.

One reason why I haven't posted much lately...I can't grasp anything too scientific right now and don't feel like I can comment on much. :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I know what you mean about sweetners ... we had meals brought in last week. One night someone brought cookies ... they looked so good, I took two, one of each type .... I took one bite of each, then gave them back to the kids. The sugar did nothing for me at all.

The fudge isn't sweet like that ... especially because I use about a quarter of the agave syrup. But it is good on the brown rice cereal for breakfast. I don't sweeten coffee or tea ... and for bread, I'm using Kinnikinnick yeast-free, but it's been weeks since I've had any. Now that I threw away my toaster, I won't have any till the kitchen is done ...

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Good point Julie. I dont want the thread to be moved again either...I dont think it would serve the same purpose in gab/chat. I dont wanna be a task master either but at the same time I'm also not feeling like fighting the same fight over again.

If others here feel the same way about keeping the thread where it can be of most benefit....please try to keep in mind that we are monitored and try to stay on topic as much as possible. :)

how did I miss this..........I know i'm so behind i guess :ph34r:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

where do they want to move my town? :blink::ph34r:

I come here for info............and to keep touch with my friends health................

please let me know where were are going............need to get my 'moving van' packed if we go :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Rachel - thought I was 'ignored'.

As a moderator I cant ignore ALL posts.....I will respond to something that pertains to things such as where its appropriate to post off-topic posts, etc. Scott has brought these off-topic posts to my attention more than once.

As a participant in this thread (as well as a moderator) I am doing my best to keep the subject matter in-line with the health topics...since it *is* located in a forum related to health issues.

He has already moved the thread once based on complaints about chit-chat and off topic posts.

I dont think its too much to ask that we respect his wishes....which is to stay on-topic in this forum.

This being a very large thread it can be intimidating for newbies....even moreso when the subject in the posts is having nothing to do with what one would expect.

I think that alot of people find value in the topics discussed here and I know it would be a loss to those of us still working on our health related issues....if the thread were moved. Please respect that.

As a moderator I'm asking that we stay on topic and use the forums appropriately.

These are some of problems with off-topic posts (which have been brought to my attention).

1. It makes the thread very difficult to follow for those wishing to find help with their ongoing health problems.

2. It adds more pages to an already very long thread.

3. It does not appear to be a helpful resource to someone who is popping in for the first time and reading posts totally unrelated to health topics.

4. Newcombers do not feel welcome and are afraid to post in what feels like a "cliquey" environment due to excessive off-topic posts.

I know I have fought to keep this thread on track and out of the gab/chat in the past. Frankly, it can be draining and last time I had no interest in the thread at all for a couple of weeks. I really would prefer to spend my time/energy on more positive things...so hopefully everyone can understand that.

I personally enjoy helping others and putting forth the info. that people might benefit from. If the thread is moved to an area where it is no longer serving that purpose I cant see a reason to continue posting. That was what I had thought long and hard about the last time the thread was moved. I already made the decision that I'm not going to deal with it next time around.

Lets just try to act maturely and respect what Scott asks...stay on topic...and be helpful to others.

tom Contributor

Oy . .. . . .

Wasn't it nearly 2 months ago that the thread was moved for an hour or two?

You're seriously trying to pin that on me?

And is there an implication that I'm always off-topic? How would u know? You used to say you stopped reading my posts.

Not everyone who shows up is asking about Lyme, mercury or pathways.

I couldn't count the # of times that thread regulars have expounded upon the notion that non-clinical posts have value and are in fact, ENTIRELY responsible for the sense of community on the thread.

I suggest taking a deep breath, relaxing, and not taking it so personally the next time someone questions something pasted into a post.

tom Contributor

Oops

Double

mftnchn Explorer
So you can't get to the website? Here, maybe this will work, I had an extra slash in it last time. Or you can go to the site Rachel posted and look at Laser Balancing. The site is copyrighted.

www.andreannarainville.com

Nope, Carla, I can't get to that either. I can't get to ANY blog anywhere. Apparently servers here block anything like that automatically.

Sorry Tom, I really don't get at all how Rachel's post was personally directed at you. I sure didn't read it that way.

I agree that there is a often posting here that is off topic and more of a gab/chat. I don't mind some of that, but prefer that we stay closer to topic.

confusedks Enthusiast

So, I can totally relate to the chocolate thing!!!!! It's craziness, but I really do try to just NOT buy it at all.

Tom and Carla,

How on earth did you get to the point of not craving sweets??? It is killing me!! Everyday I eat something sweet it's terrible! I just feel like there is so little to eat in this world for me anyway, that id I take out sweets, there will be nothing left!!!! :blink:

Rachel,

I can understand the clicky-ness feeling as a newcomer. I was intimidated at first, it wasn't until someone in another thread suggested I pop into this thread, and didn't have to read all of them to know what exactly was going on. At the same time though, all kinds of things come up as far as health and how our lives pertain to these issues, so it is inevitable that it will get a little off topic sometimes. And, it is one LONG thread! :P

I had a decent day today, but I did get decaf coffee at Starbucks and added my own lite coconut milk and cocoa powder with sweetener. I am now feeling the affects of it...unless it was the gluten free pancakes I had for lunch!!!! :angry: We seemingly need to go shopping every 3 days and it is so hard with our busy schedules! How often do most people shop? I think its craziness. Other than feeling like I'm on speed (not that I know what that feels like :) ) I had a good day. I really don't know what I would do without salmon oil...it's amazing!

Kassandra

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, it was after I was off sweets for quite some time that I stopped craving them. I wouldn't have believed it had it not happened to me. Now I prefer the natural sweetness of foods rather than the sweetness of white sugar. Truthfully, agave, honey, pure maple syrup, etc. all have more flavor ... of course, most of those are loaded with sugar, but from a health standpoint, they are all better for you as far as nutrition goes ... not good for you with candida though (except for agave, which is okay in limited quantities).

Sherry, that's really odd. Are there just a huge number of websites you can't get to? I actually didn't realize it's a blog ... I wonder what's the difference between this website and others?

Here's some info from the site. Apparently these lasers are used for balancing your system. They can even work on scars and emotions -- like we've talked about on the thread before. There are homeopathic vials you put in the laser, then shine it on you moving it across your body. It takes 3-5 minutes.

It sounds interesting, I'm ordering one. :)

Basic Laser kit:

Basic laser kit includes, 5mw laser, copper attachment, and homeopathic vials to help support the Organs and structures of the body, the hormonal and endocrine systems including amino acids and neurotransmitters, Hydrosols from Energy Essences, flower and color balancing remedies.

Cost: 150.00 USD + shipping and handling

Advanced Laser kit:

Advanced laser kit comes with a 20 mw laser, copper attachment, and homeopathic vials that include toxins, heavy metals, and drug residues. Itemized laser kit list.

Cost: 200.00 + shipping and handling

Additional Vials

Sold only as a set

Cost: 50.00 + shipping and handling

To order a Laser Balancing Kit from Andreanna Rainville, RN, please send a fax to 206-938-1218

Please include which kit you are ordering, your full name, credit card information, telephone number, and e-mail address in your message.

info@nurseandi.com - Order your Laser Balancing Kit

tom Contributor
Sorry Tom, I really don't get at all how Rachel's post was personally directed at you. I sure didn't read it that way.

Hey maybe you're right! :) I'm all for that!

But since it started by quoting me and includes "those of us still working on our health" - as if I'm not, simply because I finally feel great mentally after 10+ yrs - and w/ very recent and previous sporadic disagreements, it sure felt like it was at me.

I hope I DID misread it and you're right. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Kassandra,

I can't say I am totally free of sugar cravings, I just don't eat it very often- and my body doesn't tolerate it well.

When I do have it on a special occasion or holiday it is usually too much, and it makes me sick. I agree with Carla that the longer you go without it the more you get use to eating foods in a more purer state and you can really appreciate the natural sweetness that whole foods have....if that makes sense :blink:

I eat a lot of vegetables and they all taste so sweet to me, I had read when you have a high sugar diet (lots of sweet things and/or heavily processed, packaged foods with tons of hidden sugars) you can't detect that sweetness and vegetables are rather bitter.

About the shopping- it seems I am always going to the grocery store. Since my diet is made up of mostly meats and produce and things that don't keep very long I go several times a week, so there really isn't any kind of schedule or routine.

Carla, thanks so much for posting the laser info, that looks very interesting.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh yeah, forgot to mention shopping ... I go almost every day ... well, when I had a kitchen I did ...

AndreaB Contributor
I'm gonna call her and she what she thinks about it. :)

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to book well in advance with quite a few sessions.

I dont really know whats going on with my body but it seems as if things are continuing to improve. Yes, I ate normal food with everyone else two days in a row. :o

I'm not pushing my luck but it was a really good feeling. :)

I still think it's great that you've been able to eat normal food! :D

ANDREA!! That's SO close!

I hope you're not too busy for a RL pop-in next time I'm in Portland. :o:) :) :blink:

I'd be willing to meet up with you.....just let me know when you're coming up this way.

But I did try a pseudo-macaroon at Shelly's a few days ago. (Ppl besides Jin remember her right? She was only for a week, but did learn what she needed) They surprisingly only had 3 ingredients so I tried a couple bites. Not bad, but no desire to buy any.

I remember Shelley. Wasn't she the one who had mold in her living room because of a leak.....and run's a daycare?

One reason why I haven't posted much lately...I can't grasp anything too scientific right now and don't feel like I can comment on much. :(

We don't have much going on since we aren't doing anymore treatments. I've not had much to add or comment on either.

where do they want to move my town? :blink::ph34r:

I come here for info............and to keep touch with my friends health................

please let me know where were are going............need to get my 'moving van' packed if we go :lol:

:lol::lol:

Lets just try to act maturely and respect what Scott asks...stay on topic...and be helpful to others.

I'll try to be better too.

I agree that there is a often posting here that is off topic and more of a gab/chat. I don't mind some of that, but prefer that we stay closer to topic.

I don't like too much off topicness either. Some is inevitable, but I agree it needs to be kept to a minimum.

And Tom, I second what Sherry said.....I don't think Rachel's post was directed totally at you. We all can get gabby at times and we all need to try to keep things friendly, but not too gabby.

Rachel,

I can understand the clicky-ness feeling as a newcomer. I was intimidated at first, it wasn't until someone in another thread suggested I pop into this thread, and didn't have to read all of them to know what exactly was going on. At the same time though, all kinds of things come up as far as health and how our lives pertain to these issues, so it is inevitable that it will get a little off topic sometimes. And, it is one LONG thread! :P

I've invited many over here saying that exact same thing. If people want to read back that is fine but it certainly isn't necessary. For some of us it may seem more cliquey as we've been in this since it started or close to it and have come to know each other better over that time.

Shopping, I usually only go about 2 a week. I freeze all my meat and don't have to worry about fresh foods and molds (yet anyway, and I hope never).

I eat a lot of vegetables and they all taste so sweet to me, I had read when you have a high sugar diet (lots of sweet things and/or heavily processed, packaged foods with tons of hidden sugars) you can't detect that sweetness and vegetables are rather bitter.

I wonder if that's T's problem. She has a sweet tooth that won't stop. We don't eat refined sugar but it's still in the cereal for one......plus whatever treats we buy. Coconut Bliss uses agave nectar so that is at least better.

tom Contributor
Tom and Carla,

How on earth did you get to the point of not craving sweets??? It is killing me!!

Kassandra,

Hmmmm directly (and uselessly) answering the 'How' part is easy. It's just not having any.

But I don't really know when the interest faded to near none.

In the beginning, ~2.5 yrs ago, it'd hurt to have any, so that makes it pretty easy to quit!! Probably stopped wishing I could have sweets w/in a couple wks.

For a few months before stopping soy, I'd have some sweets, like the SoyDelicious fruit-sweetened flavors and occasionally trying Gluten-free Casein-free cookies. I suppose some cravings woke up around then. But zero cravings again once the grand effects of being soy-free hit. No food can compare to spending all day w/ a perma-smile. :)

....just let me know when you're coming up this way.

:) I sure will! :)

I remember Shelly. Wasn't she the one who had mold in her living room because of a leak.....and runs a daycare?

Yup. I thought she'd be here longer, but she really just needed to know it wasn't crazy to have to deal w/ a mold allergy for her 8 yr old.

Mold test was done. Floors ripped out and leaks fixed etc. Son doing well. Great kid. And the 2 yr old too. If this were a gab/chat thread I'd be tempted to go into a couple incredibly cute stories about each. :)

Shopping - I go more than every other day, on avg. And usually 4 or 5 diff groc stores every week, each best for something different.

Going to 3 stores in one trip counts as one shopping trip, right?

miamia Rookie

hey all-

I don't want to get involved in the whole off topic thing but i just want to one thing- Tom I realy don't think Rachel was directing anything towards you. WE all get off topic once in a while and its good just to get us in check every once in a while.

I had my first DMPS yesturday and I didn;t think I was going to to but i ended up doing a provoked urine test. I will be very interested in seeing the results I guess they will be in some time next week.

I also talked to my doctor. I had done a basic mold test and it came back pretty much showing nothing but they just came out with a more intensive test so he wants me to take it but they won't have it till like next week or something.

I am suppopsed to start this mediciene for parasites / worms I am nervous about it though. I told my doc I was nervous he said if i want I could take the first dose there at the office if i don't have an immediate reaction then any reaction i have will be die off . So i might do this plan.

Julie-

what things did you do to get your bowels moving?

Rachel-

I can';t believe this new food phenomenom- I am so happy for you and yes so jealous as well!!!

Tom-

I go grocery shopping like everyday and yes to like a zillion different stores for each thing i need. It gets so frustrating

Miamia

covsooze Enthusiast

Ok everyone, here's a link on lead in chocolate:

www.thegreenguide.com/doc/118/chocolate

I also read elsewhere that the cocoa bean itself is very low in lead but it's the manufacturing process that brings the lead in. :o

I haven't had any chocolate since Carla first raised this issue (having totally pigged out on it for the past couple of weeks). I'm now hoping that this whole lead issue will be enough for me to keep off it totally, given that lead is the heavy metal I have problems with.

Going to have some lovely hot water and lemon juice now, almost as addictive as chocolate ;)

Susie x

dlp252 Apprentice

I go grocery shopping once a week.

Going to have some lovely hot water and lemon juice now, almost as addictive as chocolate ;)

:lol: !!! Thanks for the link on the chocolate/lead!

covsooze Enthusiast

WARNING, PEE QUESTION AHEAD!!!

OK, so I've gone back on the no sugar, no yeast etc diet and I've noticed that, as usual when I start to do this, my pee smells of those honey covered wheat puffs :P This has happened too many times now for it to be just a coincidence, son I'm wondering what it means. Is it some sort of sugar dumping thing?

Sorry for the yuckiness!

Susie

Archived