This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan,

Aww, your girls are so cute. They look like they are awaiting their assignment in Rachelville.

Thanks Andrea.....they are always ready for ANY assignment, believe me! Very, very active girls and I must constantly find ways to tire them. chasing after geese and invaders should keep them busy -

So you're going to be spending more mommy time, huh? They are lucky to have you! The temp here....good lord, about 105 today but with a cloud layer over the Valley, the air just thick with humidity - - no one's outside, extremely awful! Guess you're trapped inside too...

I don't know where the gluten came from, I brought my own food....ate some Hershey's nuggets, thought they were all gluten-free (just the milk/dark w/ nuts), sunflower seeds (no anti-caking agent listed)...

gotta go to bed. What are you east-coasters doing still up?

Night everybody.... :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Night Susan. Hope you feel better in the morning.

I think my little guy has finally settled in. :P

We have air conditioning so that makes it nice. Don't really like where this rental is located but I love the aircon. :P

rinne Apprentice

Rachel, that would be wonderful if your OMG moment gave you ice cream back. Celery does grow close to the ground, I've grown it before.

I've gone back to the blood type diet in hopes of calming the inflammation in my back, not feeling so great.

I know I do better when I eat more protein and vegetables.

This thread continues to astonish. So many :lol::lol::lol: , thanks everyone.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Just completed day 3 of my stool test. Tomorrow should hopefully be my last day. Even with the addition of ice cream...I've had 3 formed stools. YAY. My stomach feels good this morning....no ovary pain. :)

Every time I ever ate yams I woke up in the AM with a weird smell on my hands....sort of a sweet smell. I got that same odd smell after eating the celery. Also whenever I cooked meats in boiling water for soup or stew...I would get that smell on my hands (not to mention sick, sick, sick). Now I know that boiling the meats creates lots of MSG and I dont do it. I wonder if this smell is coming from a toxic overload of MSG in system?? :unsure: Weird...I dont get it any other time.

The only noticeable symptom I've had the past 2 days is bloating. I looked pregnant yesterday afternoon. I figured it had to be the dairy. I had eaten a small amount of ice cream on my lunch break and also ate corn tortillas. Last night I had 2 more corn tortillas and felt some bloating again. Later on I ate an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting and didnt get bloated. My stomach is normal this morning.

I would have figured the dairy would be a more likely cause of stomach troubles. Weird. <_<

It could be that, like I posted previously, corn is naturally high in glutamate. Probably not good to be adding more MSG into my body right now.

Have a great day in R-ville everyone! :)

ArtGirl Enthusiast
.....hopefully someone has some advice about the thyroid meds??

I'm wondering if a compounding pharmacy could make you up some thyroid meds without the corn. Have you tried writing to the manufacturer of the thyroid meds to see if they could accommodate, or perhaps in a cooperative effort between their supplying the ingredients to a coumpounding pharmacy.

Are you taking synthroid or Armour? Maybe one would be easier to compound than the other.

Just a thought.

I am sensitive to corn and have eliminated the obvious, but, gee, didn't know it was in all these other things. I'm just hoping I'm not as super sensitive as you are.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I'm wondering if a compounding pharmacy could make you up some thyroid meds without the corn. Have you tried writing to the manufacturer of the thyroid meds to see if they could accommodate, or perhaps in a cooperative effort between their supplying the ingredients to a coumpounding pharmacy.

Are you taking synthroid or Armour? Maybe one would be easier to compound than the other.

Just a thought.

I am sensitive to corn and have eliminated the obvious, but, gee, didn't know it was in all these other things. I'm just hoping I'm not as super sensitive as you are.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I've actually been getting my Armour totally free of corn (and everything else) from a compounding pharmacy for a few months now. I'm doing well on it.

VydorScope Proficient

YAY FOR ICE CREAM!!!!!

:P:D:lol::huh:;)B):D:):P:ph34r::P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow--so many new posts--I don't know where to start!

Susan and Celia, I can't eat Hershey's chocolate, either! I only eat dark, but even the Special Bar and their regular dark chocolate makes me sick. I eat Dove dark all the time--no problem at all. I loved those Special bars :angry: Dove makes a delicious milk chocolate, too :) Hope you feel better today, Susan.

Rachel, What can I say :D Ice cream beats celery any day! I do hope you're on to something. Possibly you are beginning to need to eat differently due to the new med. I also got the weird sweet (?) smell on my hands first thing in the morning, concentrated where my fingers meet the palm of my hand. It seems to correlate with if I'm food sick or not. The change to spring water had been great, and both my stomach and hands have been without symptoms except for Monday--I tried some Lays Stax chips and had gas all day, and then couldn't sleep that night. They're gluten-free but have a lot of other ingredients in there--won't be trying them again ;)

Hi Andrea, thank goodness for A/C! Our weather was supposed to be a bit cooler after the huge storm the other night--but it went back up to 94 yesterday.

I don't seem to have the Fibromyalgia points or knots, but my back--my whole body actually--is very sensitive. I've been gluten-free since June of 05, and that hasn't changed. I had terrible bruising especially the year before my dx. My forearms and thighs were covered with them. I was severly anemic at the time--my hemiglobin was at 8. My hair also began falling out at that time. I had patches where you could see my scalp. Once I went on the gluten-free diet, and taking a vitamin w/iron, that began slowly to reverse--my iron (hemi) is now at 14.6 and my hair has filled back in. It is strange what gets better with the diet, and what stays the same.....

Vincent--I love it how you drop in every once in a while! Considering the move to R'ville, are we?

Daxin Explorer

Wow....busy night here in RVille

First off...Geese would make LOUSY cattle gaurds. They would keep flying away, and are obviously WAY too busy keeping us all safe to guard the cows!! :lol::lol:

I forget who it was that said something about using tools other than a hammer, and I have discovered ( as the town handy man) that I can fix ALMSOT anything with a hammer and a flat-head screwdriver.

Rachel --- Good to hear about the ice cream! :D I'm not sure what I'd do if I lost ice cream.

Jersy -- My mom has FM, but did not have ALL the sore points. She had most, but not all. I hope you don't have it, because it seems to me that I would rather have celiac than FM.

Gotta run for now. Have a good day all! B)

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow, cool Rachel!!! Hope you can eat dairy again, lol! :D

I forgot what all I was going to respond to so I'll just go off on my own little tangent. :ph34r::lol:

Fibromyalgia...I've suspected I might have it for a while, or at least a "mild" case of it. I have extreme muscle tightness and pain in my neck and jaw area (especially the left side) and get terrible tension headaches. My chiropractor is the one who mentioned it because everytime she pressed on one of the pressure points there was a knot and she could tell it hurt although I tend to have a high tolerance for pain. I actually think there are 18 spots if I'm not mistaken and I think she said I had 11 of them. But I've often suspected those roving sunburn like pain things were nerve related or fibro related. Sometimes even my teeth hurt. My back is definitely tender...the massage therapist hits every darned tender spot too.

The pain has been a little less since going gluten free and dairy free.

I so want to eat dairy again, lol. Rachel have some ice cream for me too! Describe every bite. :lol::lol:

Okay, I think I have to go back and reread again so I can respond specifically....and what the heck is up with limiting our emotions anyway. :lol:

Glad some one got it :D

I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor, so I think that helps, lol. :lol:

I laughed so loud at the last few pages that my therapy dingo Annie ran and put her head on my thigh... :lol::lol::lol: she is concerned because I usually don't just laugh this much while back on the computer and not talking on the phone or anything....

Who is the cutie on the right...that one looks like my last dog, Chip. Chip was definitely a mix of something, but looked remarkably like your little cutie on the right. My Teaka was a teacup poodle, lol...hardly a good guard dog, but awfully cute.

and, what about bruising? I have some SERIOUS bruises lately, like I've never had, and I thought that was caused by a deficiency of some kind, and I thought, of course since becoming a member of Rville, that I was healed and cured...you know, by the restorative spring waters that will surely be there....

Yah, I fell a few weeks ago and my whole foot turned black...it was kind of scarey. Now the bruising is gone but I can still feel the bruising pain.

Oh hells bells...I was trying to reply to a post and the darned server won't let me so I had to copy the stuff and then edit this post. :lol: First emotions and now talking. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Good morning all!

Rachel, that was quite a "relevation" :lol::lol:

I do hope you are on to something. I think everything is worth trying, all of the foods you try have been making you sick so you have to keep changing it up until you find some things that don't make you sick. Best of luck with that.

I second Donna, eat some ice cream for me, because I am now going on 7 days dairy/casein free.

On the corn issue, I have always commented that I can eat corn on the cob and corn tamales no problem, but when it comes to the by-products of corn they really make me sick (i.e. corn syrup). I don't know what that's all about? Is it that I don't have a true corn allergy/intolerance, that I just can't eat the processed forms of corn? I don't know.

About the cop, someone asked, forget who. That was me. And he didn't pull me over, I pulled his a** over :lol::lol:

In all seriousness, I was trying to turn into a street they had blocked off and I approached him and asked him directions to get around the detour, and he said, "where you trying to go, "hun"?" . I had my hair in a pony tail and looked probably 16 yrs old, so I think most likely he was addressing me as a youngin.

VydorScope Proficient

Hows everyones water challanges comming?

AndreaB Contributor

Good morning girls and guys. :P

I know it's almost afternoon for you easterners.

Rachel,

It sound as though the chips may be a problem. Knock off the corn again and continue seeing how you do with the dairy.

Donna, Cissie, Susan?, Robbin, Chelsea,

I forget who all posted about pains and possible fibromyalgia. I don't know anything about the disease but it doesn't sound like fun. I had read that gluten (or maybe it was grain free) helped with that.

Ryan,

I'm glad you're making yourself a regular here. Now we have Picard, Vincent and Ryan...I hope I didn't miss any of you guys. Rachelville is growing.

Donna,

Where is our list? Do you want me to try and resurrect it or do you want to.

Patti, Rinne, Alison, Artgirl (I'll learn your name), Celia,

Hope things are going well with you. Celia, you must be very tired. We'll wait patiently for an update. Did I say patiently! Where are you girl! :P:D

Miamia,

How are the meds going for you?

If I missed anyone sorry, I've got to write a list of everyone in Rachelville so I don't miss saying "hi". :P

penguin Community Regular
Hows everyones water challanges comming?

Well, this certainly is a sad state of affairs, isn't it :blink:

VydorScope Proficient
Well, this certainly is a sad state of affairs, isn't it :blink:

To catch you up, cause you prbly need to know.. charcole filters MAY contain wheat, MOST contian cocnut husks (a tree nut btw). Some ppl here are reporting they go sick from thier filtered water and by buying good bottle water seemed to get better.

So yea, the stupid filters we put on our water to make the water safe MAY be making it worse....

evie Rookie
This will be my first serious post in a while.....

could Chelsea's pain actually be fibromyalgia? and am wondering, do the symptoms lessen with removal of gluten, or can they completely go away?

and, what about bruising? I have some SERIOUS bruises lately, like I've never had, and I thought that was caused by a deficiency of some kind, and I thought, of course since becoming a member of Rville, that I was healed and cured...you know, by the restorative spring waters that will surely be there....

Yes, to 1st post in awhile, must have gotten glutened or? anyway not feeling good for a few days. I too had thought of fibromyalgia, had that REAL bad several years ago/ painful lumps especially on back. also get the bruising and have had a sore thigh for many years.

of course in Rville all those problems will be gone (magically right)? To have cooler weather Fri. here, will be VERY welcome!! Have a good day all!! evie :)

To catch you up, cause you prbly need to know.. charcole filters MAY contain wheat, MOST contian cocnut husks (a tree nut btw).

Good news: coconuts are actually in the palm family, and don't cross-react with tree nuts. :) You can be allergic/intolerant to them, though.

I had been following the whole water drama, but it's still kind of sad that we have to challenge with WATER :rolleyes:

Wonders never cease around here :blink:

VydorScope Proficient
Good news: coconuts are actually in the palm family, and don't cross-react with tree nuts. :) You can be allergic/intolerant to them, though.

I had been following the whole water drama, but it's still kind of sad that we have to challenge with WATER :rolleyes:

Wonders never cease around here :blink:

My son's algery doc said that Cocnuts are a tree nut, and ppl with treenut allergies will react to them. The lab testing sheet for the blood alergy also had them catogrized as a treenut. Thats all I know! :P

My son's algery doc said that Cocnuts are a tree nut, and ppl with treenut allergies will react to them. The lab testing sheet for the blood alergy also had them catogrized as a treenut. Thats all I know! :P

Wierd, it was my allergy doc that told me that. It was funny actually, he sat there with this big botany book with me and looked up all of the things that made my mouth itch to see what families were what and what cross reacted. He said that coconuts weren't nuts, but fruits, and that almonds didn't make me react because they're actually in the peach family.

That's why people with a sensitivity to almonds can't have peaches, apricots, etc. Wierd. I only have an oral allergy, so it's not *that* serious.

I'd ask your allergist more about it. I know that shea can cross react with tree nuts, so look out for that...

I'm doing some digging into it:

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor
Yes, to 1st post in awhile, must have gotten glutened or? anyway not feeling good for a few days.

of course in Rville all those problems will be gone (magically right)? To have cooler weather Fri. here, will be VERY welcome!! Have a good day all!! evie :)

Evie,

I hope you feel better soon. :(

VydorScope Proficient

Well I dunno when the next time I will see him.. but he is a bit over zealous about avoiding allergens, in fact when my son tested postive for eggs, he suggested we aviod shell fish, and all nuts to "just to be safe" because if you have one food allergy you are at a higher risk for others. So if there was a chance (which the links you posted suggest) , he prbly would have been all over it. :)

Mango04 Enthusiast

OMG Rachel can eat dairy again???!!!!

I don't have time to catch up on all the posts. I'm preparing for my trip to the distant lands, where I'll gather the koala bears to bring back to Rachelville :lol:

Anyway, I can't ever help but give advice about dairy. For me, it's always a delayed reaction. Sometimes I'll start reacting three or four days later. It also builds up. I'm fine with it at first but then it builds up in my system and several days later I suddenly start reacting (to everything). Oh ya, corn kind of does the same thing with me. I can tolerate it if I limit the amounts I eat. So, aahhh, eat with caution. It's probably hard not to eat too much at once, since you can only eat a few things. But, if you can avoid eating lots of one thing at once you might avoid that "build up" effect. (?) I dunno. Enjoy your ice cream though as long as it's not making you react. I hope you can keep adding in new foods.

:D

jerseyangel Proficient

Regerding the water challange/issue--I am definately feeling better since switching over to the spring water. That's all I've been drinking since I spoke about it here--about a week or so ago. For cooking, I'm using plain tap water--no water at all from the filter. Chelsea--it is a sad state of affairs! Right before all this, I joked that pretty soon I'd be down to a vitamin and water--and the water turned out to be part of the problem :blink:

I spoke to my allergist about the oral allergy syndrome (he gave me some literature on it). The problem with coconut and me is GI--to add to the evidence, when I saw the Kineisologist 2 years ago, he told me I was "allergic" (his word) to it. Coconut does not give me mouth symptoms, itching, or any classic allergy stuff, only stomach upset (like almost everything else on the planet!)

So, Poland Spring is an easy fix--available all over the place here, and on sale a lot! Sam's Club has it, too.

Anyone else doing the challenge?

OMG Rachel can eat dairy again???!!!!

I don't have time to catch up on all the posts. I'm preparing for my trip to the distant lands, where I'll gather the koala bears to bring back to Rachelville :lol:

Anyway, I can't ever help but give advice about dairy. For me, it's always a delayed reaction. Sometimes I'll start reacting three or four days later. It also builds up. I'm fine with it at first but then it builds up in my system and several days later I suddenly start reacting (to everything). Oh ya, corn kind of does the same thing with me. I can tolerate it if I limit the amounts I eat. So, aahhh, eat with caution. It's probably hard not to eat too much at once, since you can only eat a few things. But, if you can avoid eating lots of one thing at once you might avoid that "build up" effect. (?) I dunno. Enjoy your ice cream though as long as it's not making you react. I hope you can keep adding in new foods.

:D

Mango,

I hope that when you settle in "down under", you will still check in here! I'd sure miss you :)

I agree about the build up effect of some foods--I'm that way with rice and some legumes in that I can eat a serving once in a while and be fine, but keep eating them every day and BAM! Then I have to start all over with just the basics. So, I avoid the grains and legumes altogether. Easier for me that way. ;)

AndreaB Contributor

Meredith and Julie,

Good morning...how could I forget you two....I'm sorry. :(

Meredith,

When do you fly to fairer lands? Isn't it winter type weather there now?

Guest Robbin

:blink: penguin-I love your allergist-not afraid to look things up with you in the room. My dr. leaves to go to his office to frantically go through the books. <_< Zack's allergist has the same kind of sheet Vincent's has apparently. Probably a copy from the 1930's :) They do seem like a fruit, though in the raw state, makes sense to me. :D

I am like you Julie, plain corn on the cob or plain popcorn --can eat it, but the processed corn products make my stomach feel like -as someone on here so accurately put it--eating glass chards. :(

I am so emoticonal today :wub: How can you limit emotions? :blink::rolleyes:

I got lost in the water challenge discussion and am wondering why Poland Springs was determined to be the best spring water? :huh:

Ryan, you are starting to make me doubt your handyman abilities :lol: Do not say you can fix a TOILET with a hammer!? :blink: OK, maybe your skills are mostly in the carpentry/woodworking area. Obviously, we will NEED a plumber. :P

Susan, your Annie is a sweet sensitive little girl. I love how they do look a lot like a dingo--what are they actually? (I apologize if you mentioned that before--I am usually in brainfog when I am on here late at night) :huh:

ee cummings-I always think of the movie " Hannah and Her Sisters" -when I read ee cummings. Anyone an old Woody Allen movie fan? Cissie, your hubby would get along so well with mine, (gasp :o ) There's TWO of them?!! YIKES :lol:

OK, I am emoticonally spent on here and must get lunch together. Geez, I agree, life interferes with this forum sometimes :blink: "See" y'all later.

Archived