This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

melmak5 Contributor

AndreaB - yes, that was my intention yesterday to make pureed food. But I fell asleep... for 12 hours.

I am in the worst mood ever today. I want to rip out my intestines. I honestly think, barring a gunshot or projectile in my abdomen no one is going to actually care for me.

I think I gotta take peanut butter back out of the rotation, as with pickles.

They should make Matrix-gruel that when you think about it, tastes like whatever you want it to. I would buy a gross of it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel, that's awesome :)

Being sick and going through similar things makes one more in tune to these kinds of things, and more compassionate.

It's great you are paying attention to him, and giving him your time, AND making a difference in his life.

Patti, I saw the tail end of that story about the autistic boy who was lost in the woods. They said he only functions at a 4 yr old level (not 4rth grade, 4 YEARS old) which is heartbreaking to hear.

They found him curled up in a ball under a bush I think.

Carla, I think it's incredibly challenging to be a young person today, let alone with the possibility of (or more than likely) having these kinds of health issues on top of that.

I have you and your family in my thoughts, not only to find the help he needs, but to also come together as a family.

I'm sorry, I can't remember who brought up the lyme testing through other labs, but I can attest to it being a total waste of time and money.

The regular labs aren't even allowed to test for all of the bands, so it's an incomplete test.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Sherry,

Thank you for the information about the buffered Vitamin C supplement. I will keep that in mind. It sounds very beneficial for you. :) Maybe it could help the rest of us as well! Right now, B Vitamins and Magnesium are something I am focusing on.

I heard generic Zith is not safe in the U.S. :( I can only afford generics right now. Zith is one of the best antibiotics I have ever taken. Most abx do not agree with me. There is only a select few I tolerate. With the yeast being so bad, I really should avoid the whenever possible. An herbal protocol for Lyme would be my smarter option, but affordability is an issue.

I hope the Zith begins working its magick! We all have our fingers crossed for you! I am sure you will notice a difference soon. I am still trying to recover from being glutened myself. These vegetable chips had nothing suspicious on the label, but I bet they were cc'd. I ate them three days in a row, and within three hours of eating them, became horribly sick.

I did not eat them yesterday, and did not need the Promethazine.

Dear Donna,

The cruise is only about nine days away! B) I bet you cannot wait! All of that wonderful ocean air will do you good! Have you started packing yet, or are you waiting until it is closer to time? I am excited, and I am not even going! :lol:

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the link to the importance of Lyme testing information! This is good to have. Having this on the computer for a reference is necessary for convincing doctors. They just do not understand that IgeniX is the best laboratory.

Taking a chance on my health is not going to happen after all I have been through! I trust my own judgment, and will no longer listen to a doctor just because they went to Med school.

I am so glad your IV went well! :) We were all routing for you! It sounds like the nutrient IVs will help prepare your body for the chelation IV next time. Did you wear your pink? Make sure to wear it next week! ;)

How great about your autistic friend! This is very exciting news! Who would have thought cheese was the trouble? Most people do not think of casein or gluten. I know Bipolar Disorder can be aggravated or even caused by gluten at times. I am wondering if that could help a friend of the family's daughter. She has Bipolar Disorder, and it is breaking her mother's heart because she had to put her in an institution.

It is interesting that your autistic friend has had symptoms like mine. I am always too hot or too cold. I also sweat a lot, even when I am not hot. My Thyroid is hyper, but still. Nothing showed in the T3 and T4 tests. Before, it showed up in the TSH. I cannot afford to have anything like that run right now. The Lyme testing needs to happen.

The body aches are not new to me, either. Maybe casein does bother me, but not in the way you would expect? Perhaps it sets off my Fibromyalgia more? It is worth seeing if getting rid of it helps. I need to get a magnesium supplement first, so I do not get a migraine every single day.

Dear Judy,

How are you? What have you and Jim been up to? Are you still on a low oxalate diet? I did some poking around and found some interesting stuff. It turns out, oxalates are natural chelators. That explains why Rachel had such a problem with them. The metals would mobilize, but then redistribute since they could not be excreted. This all makes so much sense!

Dear Kristina,

I had no idea about the dustmites causing some people to react to shrimp as well! I am allergic to dustmites. Shrimp does not seem to bother me, though. Hopefully, it never will! I rarely can afford to eat it, anyway! It is more of a treat.

You mean the fruit intolerance was caused by the hormones? :o That is terrible! I am not surprised. In all honesty, Candida tends to be controlled by hormones and aggravated by them. Birth control is known for making Candida worse.

This new allergist sounds terrific! I am glad you had such a productive appointment! :) It sounds like you are getting to the bottom of things now! Do you have another appointment set up? If so, when is it? I have never heard of the elemental diet, but it sounds like something I could consider as well due to having many of the same issues you have with your G.I. tract.

Here is something you might like to know. I was reading a booklet that the dietician gave my brother when he saw her the other week. It actually said something I did not know. I knew the protein gluten is what we react to as Celiacs, but I did not know gluten is a prolamin. Prolamins are the proteins in grains Celiacs cannot tolerate.

Gliadin is the one in wheat. Seculin is the prolamin in barley, and hordein is the protein in rye. It also said that orzenin is the prolamin in rice. I figure this is what you are sensitive to in it. I am going to do some poking around and see if I find any other foods that have it.

From the test results for antibodies, it appears you at the very least have gluten intolerance of some sort. Whether or not you are Celiac, I do not know. I believe you said you are Celiac. The IgG antibodies are high. So were the others. Gliadin appeared to only barely be below the level needed to be considered high.

I understand wanting to rip out your intestines! Mine are still upset from the three days of being glutened in a row. To make matters worse, my a**cracker father and I got in yet another verbal altercation. He expects me to go out and get a job in the state I am in. It all began when he was saying I do everything I want to do around here, so why can't I get a job?

First of all, I do not enjoy cleaning up after him and my mother.

The dog is ill, and I have a bad feeling he has worms again. We had to take him off of the flea stuff. He began having seizures. I believe he could be Celiac, but naturally my parents do not want to pay attention to that. This entire situation is ridiculous.

Dear Patti,

That story about the autistic boy was something! Thank goodness they found him! Still, I agree that if the parents have not looked into the gluten-free, casein-free diet, they should. The worst that happens is it does nothing. Mercury is another thing that should be considered, and maybe Lyme.

Dear Carla,

Have you ordered your rife machine yet? Those sound like they would be nice to have. It could not hurt to see if your son herxes from it. Lyme is difficult to be sure about. That might help clarify the situation.

The PA is probably right. If your son refuses to comply with treatment, there is no point in pursuing it. His symptoms do not debilitate him. As long as he is able to function normally, he may not care about being healthy. Many people have to get to the point where they are practically dead before they change their ways.

If you feel keeping him on antibiotics for a while longer would help, I would give it a go. Whatever your gut tells you is right. I always go by that now. No more listening to other people! My body is my business, and I should have control over it, not anyone else! When you feel someone in your family is ill, and need to fix it, do what your heart says!

I would like an e-mail update on Chloe! You have my e-mail still, right? I think I got an update a while back. I still need to PM Andrea with my e-mail, so she can send me the report on Seth! I hate it when I mean to do something, but keep getting bogged down with other things and then never get around to it!

Dear Andrea,

I never once felt invincible as a teen. I just wanted to be understood. My parents treated me like the dumbest person in the world. They still do! Of course, I have never been healthy.

People who are healthy tend to be more convinced of the fact they are superheroes and nothing can touch them. I am glad Kassandra is not that way, either! She is a lot like I was as a teen. Basically, just struggling to survive! Kassandra is wiser than others her age. Hopefully, things will not be as hard for her as they have been for me.

I keep telling myself to PM you my e-mail address. I have gotten so behind on everything! My correspondences take forever to get done anymore. I think it is difficult to look forward to going to your computer knowing it may or may not be in the mood to work. You know how that is!

It is so sweet of you to help Rachel if she comes to Washington! That really is a nice thing to do. Not many people are that kind. At least you give me faith good people are not extinct! :) Somedays, it feels like no one cares at all about anything.

Dear Kassandra,

I am glad you were able to stay awake through most of the test the other day! It is not easy! I remember when I took that test. Boy am I glad those days are over! It is a huge pain in the butt having to do those standardized tests!

You will do okay on the tests, I am sure! I know how much effort it takes just to get through a day. Feeling so bad all the time is frustrating. No answers are there, only questions. Every bit of energy you have goes so quickly. The field trip probably really was exhausting due to your back. Walking is hard when your spine is curved.

That is great the new doctor you are going to see has experience with Lyme! Getting the testing soon is best. I wish I could hurry up and get my doctor going. I may have to do a spell to move things quicker. This is an occasion where it is necessary.

Dear Julie,

Just pop in when you can! Posting is something that does take some thought! I take a while to type it out sometimes. Other days, I fly through it. My hands getting cold and stiff can complicate matters. Fibromyalgia is annoying a lot of the time. We had severe weather yesterday, and rain all the night prior.

Being a teenager when I was one sucked. I would not want to be one today! I am glad the stigma of being a teen is over. People always blame teenagers for everything. No one is perfect. There are some good people in that age group, but it is overlooked by the stereotyping.

Sincerely,

Jin

UR Groovy Explorer

WOW !

I haven't been keeping up with the thread - sorry. I hope everyone's well.

I want to share something because I never would have guessed that it was a problem, but, apparently, it was. I'm shocked at how much better I feel.

It's about that tooth & infection.

I went in Wednesday (you know, after the crown popped off) to have a new crown started. When he got into the tooth, he found a crazy infection because of a really messed up root canal and crown done a few years ago. He found these strange metal threads & part of a shaving instrument in the tooth. It's the infection that's the crazy part. He says I've probably had an infection since just after the original crown was placed (Thank God it popped off). He cleaned out most of it, but I'll be going to an endodontist to have the root completely cleared of infection. He kept asking me if I've been fatigued or sick. I said no, because, in general, I thought I felt pretty good. He told me I'd probably start feeling much better over the next couple days. He was right ! I had no idea I was running so low on energy, but now I can see it. I pushed myself to get things done. I really feel much better. I'm not fighting chores.

I guess I just wanted to share with you all that hidden infection could possibly be a cause of fatigue. My husband's boss said that his wife had a low grade sinus infection for a very long time that went undiagnosed and the same thing happened. As soon as they found the infection, her energy was boosted by a lot.

Take care of yourselves.

k (not too lazy today !)

UR Groovy Explorer

Oh, and I wanted to say:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - ALL OF YOU

for all your help and suggestions on going to a good dentist who cares about their patients' health. You've been so helpful and warm toward me.

Rachel - I have read bits and pieces and can see that you seem to be doing much better. I'm so glad. You've worked so hard and endured so much. You're really quite an inspiration - Andrea, Carla, Jin, and anyone I haven't mentioned as well (EDIT - & DONNA - I knew I was missing one or two) - you're wonderful people & you're doing a wonderful thing here.

Take care

k

melmak5 Contributor

NoGluGirl

Cross-reactivity does not affect everyone, so if you are allergic to dust mites you MIGHT react to shrimp, but not necessarily. Your body also may have a threshold... you might be able to eat 5 shrimp in a day but not 6, but again, some people have no issues with items other than those that they are allergic to.

It is totally possible that I have a problem with grains, but rice and corn were fine until about two months ago, so I am really perplexed as to what's going on... and secretly hoping I can have at least one of the two back somewhere in the future.

Elemental Diet*

I do believe that this is beneficial for anyone who has intestinal damage. The whole idea is to eat all foods that have been broken down to their smallest parts, and/or predigested.

The theory is that if your body is having a rough go of digesting, you should do most of the work for it, so it doesn't have to digest anything (or very little) and it just has to absorb the available nutrients you are ingesting.

-Hydrolyzed proteins (this is the big piece of the puzzle)

Hydrolyzed proteins are proteins broken down into their smaller amino acids, the best part is... if you are allergic or react to soy, your body will not react to hydrolyzed soy proteins, because its not long in the "soy" structure, its just the amino acids.

-Simple foods - only try adding one new thing at a time and only a SMALL amount

-Supplementation - keep a record of your dietary intake and meet with a nutritionist to see where you are lacking and supplement the missing nutrients/minerals so that your body can repair (ideally with food, but in a non-food source if necessary)

*This is the allergist explanation, not mine.

I have yet to find a source of protein that I can tolerate (which is why the doc thinks I am not healing because I need the amino acids to repair my gut)

His suggestion is baby formula, because its broken down into the smallest parts, but DEAR GOD it is awful!

I will see said allergist again in two weeks. Hopefully he will have blood work and some answers. Right now I have had to switch to all liquids. Solid food is excruciatingly painful right now.

I am sorry for being rather selfish (post-wise), there is a lot of background info on each of you that I haven't read, so I am not sure what to say or how I can be of use, but thank you for being welcoming.

PS - I wish I had a "don't eat cheese Rachel" in my pocket.

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi fajitas and melmak, I think you guys started posting during my absence so I didn't get the chance to learn your stories and background.

fajitas- That is amazing to hear about the infection. Now that it has been dealt with I hope it will make a big difference in your health, it had to be constantly draining your body of energy and keeping you down.

melmak- you are not being selfish at all! Sharing information about our individual health struggles is how we learn.

I had wanted to post something to you in response to your prior post, something full of scientificness, but I lost my train of thought. It had to do with true allergies not coming up through testing and yet stilll reacting to everything.....maybe it will come back to me....

I hope you find some answers with this new allergist :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just sent out the update .... if you didn't get it and want it, please send me your email address and I'll send it to you. :)

k, I guess we won't be calling you lazy k anymore!!! That's great news that they found something and you're doing better!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kat,

I am glad to see you posting again! :) We all have been wondering how you were! Are you still taking the chlorella? I know you cut down a lot on your smoking. Every little bit helps! The more amazing thing is the tooth infection.

I probably have one myself. That is likely contributing to the misery I endure on a daily basis. :( My molar has nearly a quarter of the tooth or more gone. It needs extracted. I feel like I am going to passout almost all of the time. It is scary.

How horrible that you had shards of metal in your tooth! :o Who would have expected that? It is really frightening what can go undetected. Thank goodness you saw a dentist when you did! Also, thank you for the shout-out! ;)

Dear Kristina,

I am glad people do not always react to shrimp who react to dustmites. The threshold thing is very true. I do not seem to have one with shrimp, but do with lactose. Gluten is intolerable in microscopic amounts. Lactose is something like a candy bar I can take. However, no yogurt or pudding is okay.

Thank you for the information on the elemental diet and the hydrolyzed proteins. :) That is very good stuff! This is fascinating. I never would have known about that. You learn something new everyday on here! We always teach each other something!

The corn and rice irritating your system may not be permanent. The thing is, those are the two most common substitutes in foods for wheat. A lot of the time, you can develop an intolerance to them due to eating them too often. You may eventually be able to go back to eating them. Your gut must heal first, though.

I do not think I could stand baby formula either. That stuff is nasty! The smell is terrible, and I am sure it does not taste any better. No wonder babies spit up! :lol: When I was a baby, I never tolerated any of the formulas. I spit them all up, and had to be placed on 2 percent milk.

Protein is difficult to find a substitute for in your situation. I have been thinking. The only thing I can come up with is plain gelatin. Have you tried that? Each package has 7 grams of protein.

You are not being selfish at all! We all talk about our individual situations. It helps us deal with things. Feel free to ask questions and discuss what you like! We will help in any way we can, or offer our hugs if necessary.

Dear Julie,

Our friend fajitas' name is Kat. She was having a lot of issues with fatigue. Recently, she began considering the possibility of having heavy metals. Kat had her bad metal fillings removed. She also has since reduced her intake of cigarettes, and has begun detoxing.

Kristina is melmak5. I actually met her on another thread, and recommended she come here. Her symptoms really mirror mine quite a bit. I was sure she could find help here. The G.I. symptoms were the worst, with bleeding, cramping, bloating, and severe fatigue. Fruit suddenly began bothering her system, and causing blisters in her mouth. That is when she decided to come here and see what she could find out. I hope these descriptions help you a bit.

I agree that dental infections reduce your energy level. They are a heavy burden on the body. My bad tooth is needing to come out, and I need to be sure to do it soon. I have been feeling like passing out, which may also have to do with my wisdom teeth. B Vitamin deficiencies and a magnesium deficiency also can cause this. I do not take vitamins, but am afraid to, because I do not think my gut is healing. I am concerned I will not absorb them.

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the update! Things are looking good for you and Chloe! How encouraging! You sure have to take a lot of pills! I do not know how you do it! Do you have a medicine schedule or something to help you keep track?

Dear Everyone,

Well, as I mentioned earlier, our Yorkie was sick. He had been having D for three days, and began vomiting last night.

Mom took him into the vet this morning. I knew something was bad wrong, like worms. It turns out, it was not worms, but something he had swallowed.

It is not surprising, because he always eats things that are not food. The other day, I had to pull a Q-Tip out of his mouth. He wanted it so bad, he snarled and bit me! Anyway, the vet said there felt like there was some kind of blockage, and he needed to do an X-ray. Mom had to leave him there, and the vet said he would call later to let us know if he needed surgery.

An hour later, he called. Dart needed emergency surgery. Small dogs cannot have blockages in there very long. Whatever the thing stuck was, it was two inches long, and big enough around to block the small intestine. It could move up to the large intestine, so something needed done right away.

Happily, the surgery went well. Dart was doing great! It turns out, the object was a big ball of long black hair. :blink: Guess who's that was? You got it! My hair is now trying to kill the dog! I may have no choice but to cut it now. We cannot afford for him to keep having surgeries! :lol: We hope to take him home Monday, but are not sure when exactly he will be well enough to come home.

There is also a possibility he has an abnormality in his liver, called a shunt. A special diet is required for that. This may be causing the seizures, although the hairball may have. Still, I told him about the connection between Celiac and epilepsy, and he said it could not hurt to try a gluten-free diet with him. So, there you have it: The Hairball Story.

Sincerely,

Jin

happygirl Collaborator

Thanks, Carla.

AndreaB Contributor
I haven't been keeping up with the thread - sorry. I hope everyone's well.

I want to share something because I never would have guessed that it was a problem, but, apparently, it was. I'm shocked at how much better I feel.

Unbelievable! :angry: I'm glad you've had this taken care of and are off and running now. :)

Feel free to pop in whenever you want.

I am sorry for being rather selfish (post-wise), there is a lot of background info on each of you that I haven't read, so I am not sure what to say or how I can be of use, but thank you for being welcoming.

PS - I wish I had a "don't eat cheese Rachel" in my pocket.

You're not selfish. We've all been there and still go there. We're here to bounce things off of, that's how many things have been discovered in this thread.

Jin,

Glad Dart will be ok.

AndreaB Contributor

Hi Rachel! I see you!

What time is your challenge today?....or have you had it done already?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Laura,

Hello, how are you? What have you been up to lately? I bet the wedding was nice. Did you have a good time? I hope you did not overdo it!

Dear Andrea,

I am glad the dog is going to be okay, too! That sure was scary! Behold the dangers of hair! Who knew? The vet said a lot of dogs eat hair. Meanwhile, getting a hair net might be a good idea.

I am also depressed, though. The surgery cost is likely very expensive, which means no Lyme testing again. I am so tired of everything getting in my way! Naturally, my mother does not worry about it. Why would she? It is not her who is going to suffer.

Sincerely,

Jin

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

That's a funny, but not so funny story. It's a good thing we don't have any pets because my hair is so hard to keep off the floor, etc. because it sheds so badly! But, I am sorry the dog had to have surgery, glad he did okay.

Carla,

That is really a bummer about your son. My older brother is almost 20, can't drive, won't go to college, won't work...or do ANYTHING for that matter. He is pretty useless and DISRESPECTFUL!!! It is also hard because my mom is single, so she feels like she never has the support of "both parents" talking to a kid. He was sent away to a boarding school for all of high school because he would ditch so much at public school. It was pointless and now all he does is smoke pot to waste his time so he never has to do anything! He sounds like your son, but older and worse!

Everyone,

I went today to this Dr. who treats Lyme patients. My mom talked to him about me before we went (she used to see him, so he knows her well) and told him about my pre Celiac dx symptoms and she said, "we think she has Celaic" and he replied, "YA think???" Lol! So, at least he knows what Celiac is!!! Also, what he does before he starts treating any patient is he runs a full panel of blood. He has a contract with a particular lab (don't know which one) so it was reasonable, only $155. I fasted for that and my mom called me at 11 and had to wake me up to get me to go to their office. I slept a total of 16 hours!!!!!!! I filled out a lot of paperwork there and out of 100 points (you rate how you're feeling in various areas) I had 77 points!!! :o

I know that IgeneX is the only lab to trust for Lyme, but he already tests for it in the panel he runs. If it comes back negative, we will have a kit from IgeneX sent to us and his nurse will take the blood and send it back to them. This way if he screens for it already and it's positive, then we won't really need to go to IgeneX (well, correct me if I'm wrong.) It went well, I didn't actually see the doctor, but just had the blood drawn.

They also have a D.O. who works there on Fridays from UCLA. He specializes in female problems, so if the Dr. I'm seeing can't figure out my menstrual problems, hopefully the other D.O. can. So, I guess we are making some headway. The good thing is he really uses integrative medicine. He uses the labs to rule stuff in or out but then uses a holistic approach to treat the problems.

So, I am tired today but I do feel a little better than yesterday. I don't know if I ever talked about this, but my toes on my right foot keep dislocating. We think it is related to my back/nerve problem because my right leg it the one affected by the disc bulge. It was really painful yesterday and ususally it's not that bad.

Kassandra

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Kassandra,

Feel free to laugh about the dog! My parents and the vet did as well! It is kind of hard not to. I have octopus hair. It's alive!

I am glad you had such a productive appointment with the doctor today! That is great to hear! Maybe you will finally get to the bottom of things. Lyme testing is best done through IgeniX, but it cannot hurt to try another one first. If it is positive, then you do not have to do the other lab.

I do not know about your toes dislocating. That is something I am drawing a blank on. Maybe it is related to your back. This is a good possibility. Meanwhile, I hope your female troubles are figured out. I know mine are hard to deal with!

Sincerely,

Jin

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

If he tells me anything about female problems, I will let you know. It may be something you don't know about. I will also keep everyone updated about what he has to say.

Kassandra

AndreaB Contributor
I am also depressed, though. The surgery cost is likely very expensive, which means no Lyme testing again. I am so tired of everything getting in my way!

I'm sorry about this Jin. :( Seems like something always gets in the way of things we need to have done.

I went today to this Dr. who treats Lyme patients. My mom talked to him about me before we went (she used to see him, so he knows her well) and told him about my pre Celiac dx symptoms and she said, "we think she has Celaic" and he replied, "YA think???" Lol! So, at least he knows what Celiac is!!! Also, what he does before he starts treating any patient is he runs a full panel of blood. He has a contract with a particular lab (don't know which one) so it was reasonable, only $155. I fasted for that and my mom called me at 11 and had to wake me up to get me to go to their office. I slept a total of 16 hours!!!!!!! I filled out a lot of paperwork there and out of 100 points (you rate how you're feeling in various areas) I had 77 points!!! :o

Sounds like a knowledgable doctor. I'm glad you were able to get in with him. I'm also glad he is willing to run Igenix if the first lyme test comes back negative. You may primarily have problems with molds, but I feel better that you are willing to rule lyme in or out.

I suppose it will be a week or two before you get the results back?

Isn't your appointment for your back coming up within the next two weeks?

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

My back appt. is coming up soon, October 31st. Halloween!! My uncle told me I should dress up as a hunchback and walk into the Dr's office that way, but I told him...I don't need to dress up! I already look that way!!! LOL! :lol:

I have another appt. with the Dr. on Saturday. We are going to discuss results of the labs at that appt. It will be interesting. I am just happy he even knows about CELIAC! That was big...we'll see what he has to say. They ordered the labs stat, so we'll get them sooner than normal.

Kassandra

AndreaB Contributor
I have another appt. with the Dr. on Saturday. We are going to discuss results of the labs at that appt. It will be interesting. I am just happy he even knows about CELIAC! That was big...we'll see what he has to say. They ordered the labs stat, so we'll get them sooner than normal.

I'll be anxiously awaiting your update after the appointment when you are able to post about it. :)

Hoping for a productive appointment on the 31st as well.

mftnchn Explorer

Kassandra, this sounds excellent! Keep us posted, we're all hoping for some further answers for you.

Melmark, this sounds pretty awful right now. I don't have anything to offer either other than to suggest using organic food and puree your own; could you add something to your liquid and blend it? I am thinking how good cream of chicken soup tastes.

Also can you add some sea salt to the baby food? Part of why it tastes so awful is no added salt.

Fajitas: That is wonderful news that you figured this out and it is making a big difference! I need to make sure nothing like that is going on with me.

mftnchn Explorer

Well, there is a positive change in BM after 3-4 days on the Zithromax. So far so good. I'm now off on my trip for a couple of weeks so probably won't be posting too much.

mftnchn Explorer
He's a piece of work. And it's really strange that he's this way as he has a strong set of ethics and morals ... it's just behavioral that's a problem (anyone else thinking "Lyme brain"??).

Since he's been on Augmentin for 10 days, I'm wondering whether it would be a good idea to just continue him on with my leftover Amoxy ... Augmentin has Amoxy in it .... if the PA was saying he'd only maybe need a month ... I've got that ... better to keep him on for a couple more weeks and take the chance of curing him ... she wasn't diagnosing, she was just saying that someone with so few symptoms generally needs a month.

Well my thought is if you can manage it, I'd do it. Because if it is lyme brain, if he herxed and improved, he might change enough to want to do treatment.

Also, Carla, it looks to me like you have done a great job of parenting. This kind of child could have really gone off the deep end morally and behaviorally--substance abuse, etc. Looks to me like you have provided the grounding that he needs.

mftnchn Explorer

Jin, you are really in a hard place without a lot of options. Have you considered a job that you could do from home with flexible hours? Like data entry or something? Seems like if you could do something it might give you some funds for a few medical tests and get you closer to your goal.

mftnchn Explorer

Julie, I wanted to tell you that your description of using your neti pot helped me, I have been turning my head to the side to use my syringe and it works even better!

covsooze Enthusiast

Please could I have some Rachelville help? :)

I phone Foresight (the pregnancy charity that did my hair testing and makes supplements I can actually take) yesterday to order some magnesium. I ended up having a long conversation with the lady there about lead toxicity. She thinks that when I make progress with the lead, my intolerances and allergies will start to clear up :D In fact, I have actually noticed a little bit of progress in that direction already.

We talked about how lead made its way into my body in the first place. The likely culprit is our water pipes as they're old. I'm filtering drinking & cooking water, but what i hadn't thought about (and which is obvious really) is that showering/ bathing leads to toxins in the water being absorbed :o We need to urgently have our water tested and if necessary fit a filter to the shower.

Anyway, she also asked me about when in the day I take my supplements. I basically spread them out over the day. She said I wouldn't get the full benefit of the detox programme this way - the detoxers need to be taken before bed (as we detox best at night) and the others in the morning so they're not pushed out of the system by the detoxers.

So, last night, I did just that, and boy did my intestines give me problems in the night. My lower intestines were burning up. I had C when I woke up today and a normal BM an hour or so later, which made me feel much better.

The detoxers are basically: vit c (2000mg) with garlic and milk thistle; and nicotinamide (a B vit, can't remember which) with magnesium. Could this have caused C? I would have expected it to cause D. Could it be that it pushed lots of toxins out which caused the C? Or maybe it wasn't the detoxers at all <shrugs> I have noticed my BMs becoming more firm recently (they are usually bordering on D) so I wonder if it is from detoxing.

I don't know what to do this evening now. Should I just take less and build it up over a few days? I will speak to Foresight on Monday but don't know what to do in the meantime.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Enjoy Saturday :)

Susie x

Archived