This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Just got off the phone. The llmd can see me on the 28th! Yes! Of this month! They had a cancellation. The appt's at 10am. They're faxing a load of paperwork as we speak.

Woot! :D

Mold!! :angry: See my report on my doctor's appointment yesterday, lol. It's my doctor's opinion that people who are exposed to mold (as I am) will not get better. :(

I still haven't gotten up there yet. Keep finding reasons to put it off. Number one is that I haven't found the respirator yet. I have a feeling its been leaking for awhile. Ugh!

Ya know, at this point, any answer would be nice. Mold or not, at least it'd be something to work with.

Nyxie, I forgot to mention I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!! I can't brain today, I have the dumb. THat's my new favorite phrase :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks! It seemed rather appropriate, considering I seem to have lost my mind lately.

Carla, hope you feel better soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
I have a hypothetical question....

What would happen if metals were addressed but lyme wasn't being treated??

Back in '91 I had my amalgams removed and went on an elimination diet, then an anti-candida diet. What I now know was Lyme, went into remission (mostly ... still had symptoms, but nothing disabling) until 2003. I also exercised heavily back then .... step aerobics then weight lifting at least three days per week.

So, I think that taking the stress off the immune system in other areas is definitely a help and may allow your immune system itself to address the Lyme .... that was my experience anyway.

Though, if I had known it was Lyme back then, I would have treated it and would never had gotten as sick as I am now.

Just got off the phone. The llmd can see me on the 28th!

Carla, hope you feel better soon.

YAY! And thanks.
dlp252 Apprentice
So, did you recognize each other right away?

I did, lol. I pulled into the parking lot, and saw a good spot...in the spot next to me was a girl in a red baseball cap, lol. I know what kind of car she drives, and it was the right kind. AND, she was talking on her cell phone. :lol: I was sure it was her. :lol: I almost went over and pressed my face up against her window but decided NOT to scare her on our first meeting. So I went into the doctor's office kind of depressed because I was SURE she was on her way out, lol. Nope, pretty soon she came into the office. I still didn't say anything because I was waiting for one of the receptionists to say "Hi Rachel", but they didn't...so on her way out I asked if she was Rachel. :P

I'm not too surprised he doesn't want to do anything til the mold is taken care of. That will be nice if you can do the challenge in February.

It's a bummer only being able to treat things via supplements when you want to go about things faster. We are in the same boat.

Yeah, I sort of knew he wouldn't want to do anything yet, but was hoping for the challenge. February is coming up soon, so I can wait. I guess. Maybe. :unsure:

Donna, sounds like you had a good appt. It's good to know you are treating something :lol: Hope the ambien helps.

How exciting you and Rachel met up!!

It was exciting (at least for me :lol: ). I hope the ambien helps too. It's been years since I've felt like I've slept.

Well, that's one of the things we talked about yesterday. My doctor feels like (at least for me) metals is a good place to start. His feeling is that once you take one of the major burdens off the body that the body is better able to deal with the other stuff. They're all kind of interconnected, but sometimes you just have to start with one.

AndreaB Contributor
So, I'm expecting six weeks of feeling sluggish.

Ugh! :( At least you feel lots better than you did last year, or even earlier this year! I hope you still are able to enjoy your Christmas.

Yay on making the bed! That is definately a good sign, plus making your own meals! :)

I have a hypothetical question....

If your immune system can't handle it, the lyme can take over. That's one thing Rachel has been told. She's addressing the metals and they were concerend earlier in the year that the lyme may start to take off. She's been on herbal's like cat's claw and some other things to keep that in check.

Just got off the phone. The llmd can see me on the 28th! Yes! Of this month! They had a cancellation. The appt's at 10am. They're faxing a load of paperwork as we speak.

WooHoo!!!! :D :D

That is definately exciting!!!!

Keep us posted.

dlp252 Apprentice

I still haven't gotten up there yet. Keep finding reasons to put it off. Number one is that I haven't found the respirator yet. I have a feeling its been leaking for awhile. Ugh!

Ya know, at this point, any answer would be nice. Mold or not, at least it'd be something to work with.

YAY!!!! that's great!!!!! Yes, please be very careful around the mold. I wouldn't go up there until you have the respirator!

It WAS great to know exactly what I was up against, so yeah, mold sucks, but at least I know that part of the puzzle. My LLMD tested me by blood test for that, then I did an "at home" mold test for my environment.

Green12 Enthusiast

Yay Nyxie, gald you got an appt to see the LLMD, and so soon! That's awesome.

Ok so my question wasn't so hypothetical :lol: Just doing a lot of thinking. But thanks for the answers, it gives me more to look into. I wondered if I did have lyme and I did all that chelation but wasn't treating lyme if it caused things to shift.

Donna, I could see you walking up to Rachel's car and pressing your face up against the glass, that would have been hilarious! But you are right, probably not best for the first meeting :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, if we meet what are we suppose to do, hug? A lot of us have "known" each other for over a year, but it's different in person.

dlp252 Apprentice
Yeah, if we meet what are we suppose to do, hug?

Well I did, lol. :P:D:lol:B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

I would have, too! :P

Green12 Enthusiast
I would have, too! :P

I definitely would too, just don't want to scare the other person :lol:

Some people aren't huggers.

But I have to say Donna, you could come and press your face up against my windows, it wouldn't scare me :lol:

confusedks Enthusiast

I would have too! LOL!! :rolleyes::P

dlp252 Apprentice
But I have to say Donna, you could come and press your face up against my windows, it wouldn't scare me :lol:

I'll keep that in mind!! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah, if we meet what are we suppose to do, hug? A lot of us have "known" each other for over a year, but it's different in person.

Seems like a hug is in order .... most of you know me better than most of my friends, LOL.

I would have gone up to Rachel's car .... maybe not pressed my face against the window, but if I knew it was her, I would have gone up to the car .... because if she were leaving, I wouldn't have wanted to miss meeting her.

AndreaB Contributor

I'm a hugger so I would have wanted to.

I definitely would too, just don't want to scare the other person :lol:

Some people aren't huggers.

That's the only reason I wouldn't. When you don't know if people are huggers you don't want to make them uncomfortable. My 4h leader hated hugs. My new neighbor brought his mother over to meet us last month. He's around retirement age so I imagine she's in her 80's anyway. I went to shake her hand and she offered the hug. She lives in Vancouver I think.

dlp252 Apprentice

I wouldn't categorize myself as a hugger, but I also don't mind either. The elderly friend I went to visit last night is...in fact that's how I MET her, lol. It was about 11 years ago, just a few weeks after my dad died, and I decided to go back to church (I had been a slacker in that regard, lol)... I got there early, and just happened to pick the row she normally sits in. I'd never seen nor met her before but she walked directly up to me as if she'd known me all my life and gave the the best hug. Then pretty soon her cute little husband walked up and did the same. So, I sort of became part of their little family that day. :P

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Kassandra,

I'm glad you're feeling better, even if it is just a little bit. I mixed some nut butter (smooth cashew butter) into a peach smoothie last night. It tasted very different, but good. :)

Everyone,

Mom's been out most of the day, so I haven't had a chance to call the LLMD back. When she gets home I hope I can get ahold of the nurse. Really don't want to wait another day. <_<

I'm a big hugger. :P A really big hugger. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Birdy, I was hoping you'd have heard something by now. The Dr. B guidelines are VERY clear ... NO steroids, not even ones in a localized area, like an injection. I'm very concerned that you're on them.

AndreaB Contributor
So, I sort of became part of their little family that day. :P

Now that's a nice story. :) Jus what you needed too.

Mom's been out most of the day, so I haven't had a chance to call the LLMD back. When she gets home I hope I can get ahold of the nurse. Really don't want to wait another day. <_<

Aren't you on the east coast? Aren't the offices closed now?

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Yes, I'm East Coast and the offices are closed now, Andrea, but the nurse gave us her home number. I hate to keep using it, but this is important! :blink:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

I just realized something! :o

Two years ago, when my health took a very rapid turn for the worse, it was right after an anaphylactic reaction where I went to the ER and was pumped full of immunosuppressants and given prednisone for about a week after. :o This is all starting to make sense now. :o

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Thanks so much for celebrating with me! Even hubby, who tends to be rather cool and casual about my health stuff, said seeing a Lyme doc would be a good idea. I think he's even planning on going to the appt with me! That'd be a first. :)

I think hubby has Lyme as well. Of course the doc who refused to test me tested him (probably because he's not 4F - female, fatigued, fat and 40 - and couldn't possibly be making up symptoms for attention :wacko: ). Don't have a copy, but I'm pretty sure she did an ELISA test, rather than WB. His results were negative. Surprise!

Been doing some thinking today. Watch out! :lol:

The holisic doc I saw on Friday ordered a bunch of test work. Now I'm wondering if I should really get it done or if I should hold off since the appt with the llmd is so soon. I'm pretty sure the llmd is going to be ordering some testing as well (probably more specific too).

I was supposed to start the stool testing tomorrow. That consists of not taking digestive enzymes or probiotics 2 days before the testing starts. I didn't take them at all yesterday and today I'm paying for it. The abdominal pain is back and bad as ever. The smell (and idea) of food makes me nauseous, even though I'm starving and feel the need to eat.

So I figured "screw the test" and I just took some enzymes/probiotics and ate something. Still nauseous, but at least I'm not hungry anymore. Also just sat down and figured out my daily caloric intake for the last few weeks since the pain started. It's been around 1000 a day or lower. No wonder I've been losing weight! I'm down to 161 now.

I look good, but would rather be eating again.

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, here's a strange one for ya...so I got my B12 shot yesterday. Didn't hurt at all except for a little stinging in the very last couple of seconds she was injecting it. They put a cute little round tweety bird bandaid on it and off I went. Didn't feel the shot site at all today except for a little soreness if I pressed on the area...didn't hurt otherwise, didn't itch nothing. So about 30 minutes before I was going to leave work, I decided to take off the bandaid. Within a minute or so of removing the bandaid, the darned thing started to itch! It's been driving me crazy with the itchiness for about an hour and a half now! There is absolutely NO redness at all, and I can barely see the spot where the shot was...not bruised, not raised, nothing. What the heck could cause the itching and why only AFTER I removed the bandaid and with no redness? Weird, strange, typical. :lol:

I don't blame you!

Yes, I'm East Coast and the offices are closed now, Andrea, but the nurse gave us her home number. I hate to keep using it, but this is important! :blink:

It's definitely important!

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Oh! Forgot to mention...

Our dog was dx'd with Lyme 7 years ago. Makes me wonder. If dogs can be so easily dx'd why is it so difficult for them to figure humans out?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Because it's not a political issue when it comes to veterinary medicine.

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, most "conventional" thinking doctors run the elisa test...they only run the western blots (and usually NOT from Igenix) if the elisa comes back positive...even then sometimes they won't! :angry:

I don't know, some of the holistic stuff might be worth it. They actually probably use better labs (although not necessarily a given) than more conventional doctors would.

dlp252 Apprentice
Oh! Forgot to mention...

Our dog was dx'd with Lyme 7 years ago. Makes me wonder. If dogs can be so easily dx'd why is it so difficult for them to figure humans out?

Crazy isn't it?! I've seen this mentioned on LN before. Absolutely mindboggling.

Archived