This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

confused Community Regular

Does grapeful earth sound familiar, they have an test for hair analyzer and an blood test for 10 allergies. To do both it would be about 200, which isnt bad at all.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel - you truly have gift of words. I am usually "thinking" about what you are saying, but cannot put it into such words!

April,

I'm really good at putting my thoughts into written words...but definately NOT so good at explaining things "out loud". I try but I think I just tend to ramble on and on. :lol:

I would only like to add one point that seems to work for me.....If the candida is really bad this seems to keep the body very toxic and the elimination organs sluggish - therefore making it hard to chelate heavy metals effectively. So, for me I try to keep my diet as clean as possible, support my liver, support the lymphatic system, ect. so that when I do detox its a much easier process.

This is very true...a clean diet is really important. Anything that we do to add to the toxic overload will make thing more difficult. I usually stick to my plain organic diet which consists of 2 boring foods. :rolleyes:

Right now for some reason I'm getting away with eating all kinds of goodies without getting reactions. :huh: I dont know if its because I've been having the DMPS IV's or what??

Usually I will feel VERY toxic with even the smallest indulgence...but thats not happening right now. I still havent dealt with the parasites and candida is still an issue...so I'm definately still having a heavy toxic burden.

I'm wondering if metals are getting cleared out of my organs with these treatments....maybe there is less of a burden now....maybe I am not having severe signs of toxicity like I was for the past 5 years because the load is lighter??

I dont know but it makes me feel really good about the treatments and how things are progressing. I think candida is a HUGE burden to the liver....the parasites too...which is why I need to quit while I'm still felling good!

I think another reason I'm doing ok with what I've been eating is that its all been fresh made foods...the baked stuff was fresh from the bakery. There are not alot of chemicals in the foods I'm eating and chemicals seem to overload my system very quickly.

I got stuff from whole foods bakery and I spent a LONG time reading labels before choosing. I dont want alot of ingredients or things that are high in mold content. I avoided anything with chocolate or certain other things that have caused problems for me. I've been doing ok with what I've eaten.

Then last night I went to the grocery store by my house and looked for something in their bakery..OMG...the ingredients lists were SOOO long!! :blink: Everything was loaded with chemicals, preservatives and all kinds of junk! I *know* for sure anything I could have picked out would have really messed me up....so I got nothing.

Also everything I've ever eaten from the bakery where I work (Safeway) has caused me problems...even in very small amounts. Those things also contain alot of chemicals....the same long lists of ingredients I saw in the store by my house.

I know my body isnt able to process the flours because I am getting bloated and gassy....sugar by itself doesnt do that to me. I'm like Julie...I can get away with eating some sugar with no symptoms...but flours bloat me up.

I think I'm not having severe symptoms anymore because the load is getting lighter and I'm also not sending a bunch of chemicals into my system....which would definately stress my liver. I've avoided the processed foods entirely. Its also possible I'm dealing with less candida as I'm moving the metals out.

My Dr.'s dont spend much time talking to me about diet...but have always said to avoid wheat, dairy, sugar...and of course alcohol. I've obviously had to go much much furthur as far as restricting foods. I think if I hadnt been so restricted I wouldnt have had such a smooth start with chelation.....it probably would have been very rough.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Does grapeful earth sound familiar, they have an test for hair analyzer and an blood test for 10 allergies. To do both it would be about 200, which isnt bad at all.

I think just to do the hair analysis it was much cheaper...it was less than $100. It wasnt the lab you're mentioning...I've never heard of that one. I think it was called Mineral something or other...I will let you know tomorrow.

I think just to do the hair analysis it was much cheaper...it was less than $100. It wasnt the lab you're mentioning...I've never heard of that one. I think it was called Mineral something or other...I will let you know tomorrow.

ok ty, they do have some hair ones for 100 but the one with the most chemicals to look for was 130 and that was for interpatation also. The allergy test is like 44 were u prick ur finger but its only for 10 allergies, so im not sure on that, i might just test threw entrolab for eggs yeast and soy. IM curious to see if those numbers have gone to normal since my ttg is not normal yet. I dont think i react to eggs but i guess its best to be safe then sorry.

Or maybe i will just see what the nd says this week. I know she wants me to do a 3 day stool test, which im not looking forward to lol.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
When I first started Humaworm I got this terrible pain in my leg. A really wierd spot! I did some research on curezone and found others got the same issues. So, I kept taking it and that pain went away after a few days.

I did notice I couldn't sleep while on it. I started feeling toxic so I quit for about a week and now I am back on again.

I'm really curious as to how I'm going to do once I start taking Alinia. I was going to ask if you were taking any binders but then saw that you mentioned charcoal and apple pectin.

I think killing parasites can be really rough if you have alot of heavy metals....thats my biggest fear with the treatment. I dont know the extent of my parasite problem but I know the drug hits them hard and I'm worried about metals overwhelming my system.

I guess I will find out soon enough. I'm actually glad I had to wait to start treatment. I think Carla had mentioned it will give me more time to have a few more chelation treatments. I'm hoping that does help as far as giving my body less to deal with when I start the Alinia....I'm not sure I could handle a strong parasite treament at all a couple months ago.

Nyxie63 Apprentice
What brand are they?

This doesn't usually happen to me.....

hmmmm......

It's the CVS house brand. I know, not the greatest - not even close, but its what I have on hand. Like I said, el-cheapo.

covsooze Enthusiast

Rachel, sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere in your hair info, but why does elevated calcium indicate a problem with mercury? (or is it heavy metals in general?) My hair test showed very high calcium, OK mercury, but I do have a lead problem. I wasn't given any advice about the calcium and was very surprised to see such high levels, as I don't have a very high level of calcium in my diet.

Sx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

covsooze Enthusiast

OK, I just found that really helpful artcile you posted Rachel - sorry, feeling a bit silly I didn't read that first :ph34r: Guess I need to get the whole mercury issue looked into....this could cause the depression, right? Gonna phone that dr again tomorrow...

S x

Rachel--24 Collaborator
ok ty, they do have some hair ones for 100 but the one with the most chemicals to look for was 130 and that was for interpatation also. The allergy test is like 44 were u prick ur finger but its only for 10 allergies, so im not sure on that, i might just test threw entrolab for eggs yeast and soy. IM curious to see if those numbers have gone to normal since my ttg is not normal yet. I dont think i react to eggs but i guess its best to be safe then sorry.

paula

I found that for me personally, the tests I did for food intolerances/allergies were the least useful out of ALL the testing I've done the past 5 years. I spent probably close to $1000 out of pocket on the food testing but it didnt help me at all. :(

I had the big food intolerance test....over 100 foods plus a bunch of spices. It was expensive but it showed almost no reactions at all...even though I was reacting to *everything*. It tested both IgE (true allergy) and IgG (delayed reaction intolerance)....but it only came back that I was mildly reactive to banana and some spices. :huh:

In reality I couldnt eat over 95% of the foods tested...either my IgG was too low to show positive results....or I was reacting to foods for some other reason...which was not an actual immune response to the food itself?? One Dr. did tell me that I was IgG deficient...possibly because my immune system was too overwhelmed.

I did all the Enterolab testing too...if I had to do it all over I would just do the gene test. I was negative for yeast, eggs and casein (I did not test soy) but I still couldnt eat any of them without having symptoms.

In the end I had to just listen to my body and avoid those foods regardless of my test results.

In muscle testing and in electro dermal screening I did test positive for all those foods which I react to. In my intitial BioSET screening I reacted to almost every food tested...it was a long list of foods and food chemicals...there was only a very small amount that I did not react to in the test. Even those were not actually "safe" for me...so my body's response was the best indicator for me.

dlp252 Apprentice

Sorry, I'm behind...here's part 1:

Donna, well I don't want C!! Hmmm maybe I will rethink the charcoal......

All is okay, lol. I don

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Guess I need to get the whole mercury issue looked into....this could cause the depression, right? Gonna phone that dr again tomorrow...

S x

Yes...mercury can definately be the cause of your depression...as well as the other issues you're dealing with.

My hair test showed very high calcium, OK mercury, but I do have a lead problem. I wasn't given any advice about the calcium and was very surprised to see such high levels, as I don't have a very high level of calcium in my diet.

Yes...do talk to your Dr. about this. Hopefully there is someone in your area who is knowledgeable about this. Inform yourself as much as you can because unless you're seeing someone who specializes in this you will most likely be telling him something he's totally unaware of. He may or may not be willing to listen.

Dont make the mistake that I made by putting it on the backburner because the Dr.'s didnt agree or understand what I was telling them. Seek out the ones who DO understand.

In most cases of mercury toxicity the levels are LOW or NORMAL in the hair analysis. The biggest indicator of all is elevated calcium....and other minerals are usually skewed as well.

Lead toxicity does not cause that....no other heavy metal can cause that...its only mercury that will elevate the calcium and mess up the minerals. Mercury is the one which is "hiding"....it is stored away in the cells, the brain, the organs....wherever it goes...and it will not be elevated in the hair unless exposure is recent. Chronic exposure from amalgams does not usually show up in the hair analysis.

If an expert were looking at your results....along with your symptoms...mercury would most likely be considered as the underlying cause for your problems. The lead would not be causing the calcium to be elevated.

Calcium gets elevated because when mercury gets into the cells it blocks calcium and other important minerals. Minerals cant get into the cells if mercury is sitting at the receptor site. They are in the body but they are unable to do their job at the cellular level....it ends up showing up in higher than normal levels in the hair....but it doesnt mean that your body is actually getting the calcium it needs. The calcium and other minerals are displaced by mercury.

If you were *only* toxic from lead....or any other heavy metal....your minerals should be in balance. Toxicity from other heavy metals does not cause this kind of disruption in metabolic function. The other metals will also usually show up in the hair analysis....they dont hide in the body the same way mercury does. Mercury is very insidious.

Thats why the essential mineral profile can provide imprtant clues as to whether or not you are toxic from mercury.

Your test results definately warrant furthur investigation.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, another good night sleep...not perfect, but definitely better than it has been! I've been adjusting some of the supplements too...the doctor wants me to come off one of the neurosciences supps, so every couple of days, I'm dropping off one capsule. I also cut out all the 5-HTP...after the latest test, she wanted me off all the 5-HTP. :( Doesn't seem to have affected anything so all is good, lol. Today I started the Pregnenolone which is the precursor to the neurotransmitters...she doesn't want me to take the individual stuff, she wants me to take the precursor so that the levels get themselves more into line.

The scarey part will be to come off the melatonin. :unsure: I take a lot! A huge amoutn of it, lol. She wants me to take a trial off of it. I may leave this part until last...there's one more supplement she wants me on Tyrosine...I'll start that in a couple of days once I know how the pregnenolone affects me, and THEN I'll start slowly off the melatonin, lol.

I did the "gua sha" tonight, again.

Also, Humaworm update: after I took charcoal in mid afternoon, I perked right up and have been fine the rest of the day. So far so good!

the gua sha sounds so interesting. Painful but interesting. :lol: Great on the Humaworm...I think the charcoal really helped me with that too...in fact that may be what's helping me sleep, lol.

When I take probiotics, they go through me.. well, like a dose of salts. An hour later and "woosh!". I'm just taking el-cheapo acidophilus, nothing fancy.

They don't go right through me, but some of them will give me worse D than I usually have. Some won't though...it's usually a trial and error thing in finding the right one. One of my doctor's has a good brand...it didn't test wonderfully well in muscle testing for me, but it wasn't harmful and it seems to be the most tolerated by my digestive tract. The brand (I think) is HLC...or the name is HLC, lol. There are at least two formulations...one has FOS...I dont' use that one as it DOES seem to bother me.

I did notice I couldn't sleep while on it. I started feeling toxic so I quit for about a week and now I am back on again.

Charcoal - I open the capsule and mix it in with my apple pectin fiber at night before bed. That prevents the C for me. Which I am totally prone to. Never the D only the C.

Yeah, I think it was doing it's job in killing off all the bad guys, but that was making me more toxic which was making my organs do more work which was keeping me awake, lol.

The test was inexpensive and easy to do. The only bad part was that I had to cut a chunk of hair off my head. You have to send in the couple inches that are nearest to your scalp...and discard the rest. I picked a spot at the nape of my neck....but whenever I put my hair up in a ponytail you could see this obvious chunk of short hair....there was no hiding it! :lol:

Dr. S had me do one...I do think it was from Dr's Data, but not sure now, and I don't think it was very expensive. I couldn't use my head hair because I dye it, so I had to use unmentionable hair, lol. :lol: I've always heard that's not as accurate, but who knows...my test result was just about what you said earlier...my essential elements/minerals were all off yet the metals showed low except for silver which was high.

Or maybe i will just see what the nd says this week. I know she wants me to do a 3 day stool test, which im not looking forward to lol.

Ah the 3-day stool test...my old friend! NOT! :lol: HATE them!!!!

I found that for me personally, the tests I did for food intolerances/allergies were the least useful out of ALL the testing I've done the past 5 years. I spent probably close to $1000 out of pocket on the food testing but it didnt help me at all. :(

In muscle testing and in electro dermal screening I did test positive for all those foods which I react to. In my intitial BioSET screening I reacted to almost every food tested...it was a long list of foods and food chemicals...there was only a very small amount that I did not react to in the test. Even those were not actually "safe" for me...so my body's response was the best indicator for me.

Same for me. The food allergy testing I've had done showed very little. The first test showed 4 things, canteloupe, barley, white grapes and somethingelseIcanneverremember. The second one only showed oats. There were MANY more foods that made me react.

The most accurate test so far was the BioSET. Pretty much all the things that I knew I reacted to were on there, and there were some that I suspected, but wasn't sure about, and quite a few that I would not have guessed.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Heres more info. about mercury and the minerals....

Mercury interferes with how the hair element results come out ? mercury is often low and other minerals take unusual values. It is crucial for proper hair test interpretation to know how to recognize mercurys characteristic signature.

Mercury often causes retention of certain minerals. Arsenic, antimony, tin, titanium, zirconium and aluminum are elements many people retain too much of when they really have a mercury problem.

Only a few toxic metals showed up in my hair analysis....bismuth, antimony and one other metal. However, when using DMPS as a chelator....9 toxic metals were pulled out and excreted in my urine! Mercury was the second highest. Ultimately, my Dr.'s are treating me for mercury toxicity...not that the other toxic metals arent significant....but they are secondary to the mercury.

Hair tests are worth doing because a surprising number of people diagnosed with incurable chronic health conditions actually turn out to have a heavy metal problem. Heavy metal problems are easy to correct. Hair testing allows the underlying problem to be identified and the chronic health condition often disappears with proper detoxification.

Calcium levels in hair often move oppositely to body inventory. High hair calcium suggests calcium loss such as occurs in osteoporosis. People with high hair calcium often need to take more calcium.

donna,

I was wondering if i could use my hair from my head since i also dye my hair. Now im wondering were i would get my hair from, cause i dont have much were hair grows also lol, i guess i might have to have that grow out, i sure hope not too many men read this thread, i am turning red just typing that lol

everyone,

I have been noticing when i dont eat i feel really good, then i eat and my energy goes downhill, does anyone know why that is. And i just have to say my kids need to go back to school, all i do is clean when im not on here and its driving me nuts lol

paula

covsooze Enthusiast

Nyxie, from what I've read here, quite a few people have had problems with probiotics. I've not taken them for ages, so can't really comment.

Paula and others about the hair testing - as well as dye, you have to be careful with the shampoos you use. Although the lab will clean your hair sample, to be accurate, you really need to be using baby shampoo or something else really basic, for a couple of months before taking the sample. I didn't realize this till afterwards, when I discovered my shampoo was high in zinc and magnesium so may have skewed my results. DH's test results came back really scarey because he uses selenium shampoo!

Rachel, thanks for all the scientificness :D The dr I want to see does specialize in heavy metals and metabolism. The problem is, there are so few like him in the UK, that it's very difficult actually getting to see him.

Everyone using humaworm - this was clearly a development whilst I've been away lol! How did you all discover you needed it? What tests did you do? I have a cat, so am thinking this probably should be something else I get checked...

Donna, am I remembering right - is it you who's into beading? I've 'inherited' a whole lot of beading stuff and just made my first pair of earrings :D Hopefully I won't be allergic to them!

Sx

confusedks Enthusiast

Paula,

I believe that symptoms worsening after eating is a sign of candida. I could be wrong though.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
And what pray tell might your mind be on
Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have been noticing when i dont eat i feel really good, then i eat and my energy goes downhill, does anyone know why that is.

What types of foods are you eating? Is it any foods...or mostly strachy/high carb foods??

What types of foods are you eating? Is it any foods...or mostly strachy/high carb foods??

well some days it is a lara bar

some ham and chips

or tuna and chips

sometimes its fruit in the juicer

some days its just chips

and i notice when i eat tuna now it taste like metal, its almost like im eating the spoon kinda taste.

but i notice even when hubby is home abd he makes me eat breakfast, my energy drops to from eating it.

I sometimes get to the point were i dont want to eat if i have things to do, i know not a good thing lol

paula

Paula,

I believe that symptoms worsening after eating is a sign of candida. I could be wrong though.

see everything is heading to candida, but now to find out why the candida lol

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
and i notice when i eat tuna now it taste like metal, its almost like im eating the spoon kinda taste.

Tuna is high in mercury. I would probably avoid tuna and other fish until you find out whether or not you have problems with mercury. If your body is already toxic (even if its not from heavy metals)....the tuna will just add to it.

some ham and chips

or tuna and chips

some days its just chips

I think all of this stuff would mess me up pretty good. All that stuff is processed (except the fruit)...it might be gluten free but its still loaded with bad stuff your body doesnt really need.

Lara bars always made me feel worse for some reason. I figured it was from mold since they have nuts and dried fruits.

Maybe try to go with the more natural foods...rather than the processed stuff?? Thats what most of us here had to do in order to feel better. Also, everything you listed would be forbidden on the candida diet...no chips, processed lunch meats, fruit, or dried fruit....all those things would fuel the candida.

The candida diet is rather plain but it does help reduce symptoms.

Green12 Enthusiast

Great scientificness Rachel.

So happy to hear an update from you, I'm glad you are feeling well and plugging along with your treatments pretty darn smoothly.

I think also that some reactions can be synergistic, so the processed grains for me (flours) cause problems and then throw sugar in there with them and it's a MAJOR bloat fest :lol:

Susie UK, cute picture of your son.

I know parasites are an issue for me, and they have been for quite some time. Several, several pages back we were talking about parasites and foods/supplements that were naturally anti-parasitic.

Shortly after that Carla posted about the Humaworm, and the interest in this product just went on from there.

I personally find it appealing because it has many ingredients in it that if bought seperately would be a fortune. In comparison to other parasite cleansing protocols it's very economical.

April, what brand of apple pectin fiber and charcoal do you use if I may ask?? The apple pectin is also a toxic binder, correct?

I would also love to hear more about what you do for liver support and lymphatic drainage support.

Nyxie, I haven't had the problem you are experiencing with probiotics before.

I usually would just experience more gas or stomach upset if I started out with too much. I'm not taking probiotics currently but whenever I start them up again I always start out very slowly and with a little bit, gage symptoms, then if none are present I gradually add in a little more every 3-5 days. If I have symptoms I back down.

A girl's gotta have her secrets you know!!

Well Donna, you tried to get it out of her :lol:

I am glad to hear all is moving again (and that you are sleeping a little better anyway) :lol: I think I will give the charcoal a try and do what April does with it.

Thanks Sherry and April also for your input on the charcoal and C.

Sherry, glad to hear the charcoal helped with the symptoms you had after the body work and starting the Humaworm. It sounds like the toxic binders are really crucial when taking the Humaworm.

Tuna is high in mercury. I would probably avoid tuna and other fish until you find out whether or not you have problems with mercury. If your body is already toxic (even if its not from heavy metals)....the tuna will just add to it.

I think all of this stuff would mess me up pretty good. All that stuff is processed (except the fruit)...it might be gluten free but its still loaded with bad stuff your body doesnt really need.

Lara bars always made me feel worse for some reason. I figured it was from mold since they have nuts and dried fruits.

Maybe try to go with the more natural foods...rather than the processed stuff?? Thats what most of us here had to do in order to feel better. Also, everything you listed would be forbidden on the candida diet...no chips, processed lunch meats, fruit, or dried fruit....all those things would fuel the candida.

The candida diet is rather plain but it does help reduce symptoms.

I figured what i was eating was not good for me.

Do you think it would be good to go back to eating like i was for the 6wbm diet when i felt the best i ever did.

Here is what i was eating

breakfast

egg whites with green chili

oatmeal with cinamon and fruit

snack protein and baked potato

lunch

meat, beans, rice and veggie (fresh)

snack

fruit and protein

dinner

protein, baked potato and veggie.

Of ocurse i would have to get rid of the fruit and the oatmeal and subsitute with something, but would this be good for me.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, am I remembering right - is it you who's into beading? I've 'inherited' a whole lot of beading stuff and just made my first pair of earrings :D Hopefully I won't be allergic to them!

Great memory! Yes, it's me, but I've slowed down quite a bit in the last year for some reason. Isn't it fun though! I'd LOVE to make my own earrings, lol. Hopefully one day, once I'm less toxic, I'll be able to wear some again!

I actually had plans for Xmas Eve but before I left I took my Ketotifen and ate my beef and peas. Right after that I was pretty much knocked out by the ketotifen since I had just started taking it.....so much for my plans. :rolleyes:

Ah, but see, at least you're THINKING about doing stuff...you actually made plans!!! Bet it won't be long before you actually get to go. :P

some ham and chips

or tuna and chips

some days its just chips

Yeah, mostly processed. I can get away with a Lara bar as long as I've been eating fairly well. Also, a lot of starch/sugar.

I think also that some reactions can be synergistic, so the processed grains for me (flours) cause problems and then throw sugar in there with them and it's a MAJOR bloat fest :lol:

Yeah, it seems to be more and more that way for me...

confusedks Enthusiast

I'm kinda annoyed at this abx challenge because I just kinda want to herx already and get it over with! :ph34r: The PA said it would happen on day 4-5 which was about a week ago...and other than the one day of really bad air hunger and weakness, I haven't herxed (maybe I should be saying this...lol, it's probably like Donna with the bandaid itching!).

I took an epsom salt bath last night and it did nothing, but I had to hold my left arm up so that was kinda annoying...lol. :P

For some reason I really want to go to the gym (which I don't have a membership to...lol) and do some muscle toning. I think Yoga is harder than light weight lifting, lol. And, my mom and brother are downstairs watiching Law & Order for the 1000th time! LOL! So, no yoga for me.

Archived