This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor
Ooooh....I forgot to mention that my Doctor's Data results are in. :)

I wasnt expecting them for another week because the nurse had told me it would take longer due to the holidays.

Can't wait to hear about the test results.

I'm so glad the chelation has been going well for you. :)

I did the "gua sha" tonight, again. Along the inside of my shoulder blades, and just below that toward the middle of my back is where the strong color shows. In a nutshell, where it turns color is where it also hurts when she does it, and this corresponds to the areas of the body that have toxins or have problems.

That sounds interesting. I'd be curious to know what areas that corresponds to. Keep in mind for your appointment with Dr. E too. :)

I have been noticing when i dont eat i feel really good, then i eat and my energy goes downhill, does anyone know why that is.

That happens with me at times too. I know histamine foods can make me tired. I notice you already got lots of responses on this too though.

Tuna....definately not good for you, but definately tastes good. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

Ok i feel so much better now. I have been dreading talking to my hubby about everything we have been discussing here, i didnt want him to freak out on me more then he already does lol. And he was so supportive. He said i could do the hair analyzing thing, only if i dont make him cut my hair lol. He also said he really thinks i do have the candida issue. I forget to mention in here that i have had an red eye for months now, and that when i did the 6wbm diet it went away and my skin got better. I havent ever beleived all the rashes on my face were DH. They have gotten somewhat better being gluten free but not great. My skin got better on that diet to.

I even talked to him about either having mold or metal toxicity and he is like honey that could be a possibility to.

He said he would support me in everything i do and he said he was happy that i had friends like all of you to get this information from. He just wants me back to the fun energetic person he fell in love with 11 years ago. I am so blessed to have such an wonderful husband. I just had to share with all of you.

Rachel,

He wanted to know if u were east or west coast. I told him about your job and everything.

paula

AndreaB Contributor

Ok, now that I have some light to look at my Doctor's Data report from almost 2 years ago.

My calcium was actually below the reference range (as was magnesium), but using the steps on the website you provided Rachel, I come up with the following:

Step 1, above 50% ; 8

It says if the number is below 5 or above 18 it indicates a high probability of abnormal mineral transport and it indicates a high probability of mercury poisoning.

Step 2, into the red section on either side; 3

If the number of items "very elevated" and "very low" is 4 or more it indicates a high probability of abnormal mineral transport and it indicates a high probability of mercury poisoning.

Step 3, 11

If the number of items entirely inside the middle band (white and green) is 11 or less it indicates a high probability of abnormal mineral transport and it indicates a high probability of mercury poisoning.

If any ONE of these criteria is met, it indicates a high probability of abnormal mineral transport and it indicates a high probability of mercury poisoning. If step one OR step two OR step three indicates abnormal results, it indicates a high probability of abnormal mineral transport and it indicates a high probability of mercury poisoning.

Makes me think I need to have Mitch go through the hair analysis as well as doing an update on mine......with all our spare money right? :P

\

That happens with me at times too. I know histamine foods can make me tired. I notice you already got lots of responses on this too though.

Well it hasnt even tasted good the last few times lol. Ok one more thing to take off the foods i eat.

Would organic everything be better for me to. I do organic veggies and fruits, just have never for meats.

paula

AndreaB Contributor
I am so blessed to have such an wonderful husband. I just had to share with all of you.

That is great Paula! So important to have the support of loved ones.

Rachel is in California. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hmmm, Carla, how soon after starting humaworm did you have symptoms? I am about 6 hours after the first dose and am getting some pretty strong pain in my upper back/shoulder/arm.

I really don't remember .... but I'm glad to hear the charcoal helped. I know the first day I took it I felt like I was sick and stayed in bed about the whole day .... but I can't remember if I took the first dose that morning or the night before.

I did read somewhere that if calcium was elevated and minerals messed up....you are probably mercury toxic.
I had elevated calcium .... it means calcium is being displaced from your bones to soft tissue .... so it does not mean you have a good level of calcium in the bones, it actually can mean the opposite.

I do not have elevated mercury .... I was barely above range (4.1 with 4 being in range) and after I treated for lead I was only at 3, so it went down.

Here's something I found:

Vital Information derived from Hair Mineral Analysis (HMA): One of the main advantages of using Hair Mineral Analysis as a diagnostic tool, is that it is an inexpensive way to detect the presence of various types of metabolic disturbances. The information received from the Hair Mineral analysis is used to assess:

• Mineral Deficiencies
  • Excesses of Minerals
  • The Presence of Toxic Elements
  • Patterns indicating Metabolic Disturbances

A major and common form of metabolic disturbance is Metabolic Acidosis. There are two types of acidosis which can easily be detected by HMA.

(a) Lactic acidosis presents a pattern of elevated calcium and magnesium.

(B) Nutritionally induced metabolic acidosis is recognized by a pattern of elevated calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.

A deficiency of minerals which play an essential role in energy production, results in a disturbance in the electron transport system. (ETS). The body

That is great Paula! So important to have the support of loved ones.

Rachel is in California. :)

it sure is.

I knew california, but i didnt know what part of california.

rachel,

Maybe one day hubby can transfer up there and u can introduce me to all the dr's lol

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Would organic everything be better for me to. I do organic veggies and fruits, just have never for meats.

If you can afford it. We can't afford it, but are primarily eating organic anyway. We buy Shelton's Turkey (or Diestel)products, buy naturally raised chicken from nearby and order our 100% grass fed beef online. Our fruits and veggies are organic (cept Avocados when the are outrageously expensive).

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

So there is hope for more herx? LOL!! I am so worried I am going to wake up tomorrow feeling like death...lol! :lol: I wonder if a lot of people do have bad herxes on just Zith alone? Hmmm... Also, is there any "typical" amount of time one can herx?

Paula,

That's great your hubby is supportive! :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

So there is hope for more herx? LOL!! I am so worried I am going to wake up tomorrow feeling like death...lol! :lol: I wonder if a lot of people do have bad herxes on just Zith alone? Hmmm... Also, is there any "typical" amount of time one can herx?

I don't know that there is a "typical" herx .... I think it varies whether people herx on one drug or another. Usually the challenge is done with doxycycline .... he must have been concerned you'd react badly to that one ... or maybe it was because he suspected babesia ... who knows?

If you can afford it. We can't afford it, but are primarily eating organic anyway. We buy Shelton's Turkey (or Diestel)products, buy naturally raised chicken from nearby and order our 100% grass fed beef online. Our fruits and veggies are organic (cept Avocados when the are outrageously expensive).

were do u buy your beef. I would be the only one to eat the stuff, cause i cant imagine feeding an family of 7 all organic, i would be broke in no time, we already spend 200-260 an week on groceries lol

paula

AndreaB Contributor
were do u buy your beef. I would be the only one to eat the stuff, cause i cant imagine feeding an family of 7 all organic, i would be broke in no time, we already spend 200-260 an week on groceries lol

Open Original Shared Link

They have good prices and great meat! We bought our chicken from them before we found a place within a couple hours of us that is just as good. Now waiting for the layers to grow more so we can start getting eggs from them too.......another more expensive thing to buy. My children all have food intolerances brought on by metals and other toxins. We are past being broke. :lol: Especially bad when we've been on a treat binge and that displaces our money for normal food fare.

Open Original Shared Link

They have good prices and great meat! We bought our chicken from them before we found a place within a couple hours of us that is just as good. Now waiting for the layers to grow more so we can start getting eggs from them too.......another more expensive thing to buy. My children all have food intolerances brought on by metals and other toxins. We are past being broke. :lol: Especially bad when we've been on a treat binge and that displaces our money for normal food fare.

Ok another question, if i have an problem with metals, do my kids have an higher chance of having problems? Or is that irrevelant?

paula

AndreaB Contributor
Ok another question, if i have an problem with metals, do my kids have an higher chance of having problems? Or is that irrevelant?

Not irrevelant and definately a possibility. I don't remember if you said you have amalgams. I do and my mother did/does too. My husband also has problems with metals but I'm unclear whether they can have an effect on the developing fetus or not. The placenta is pretty obvious for transfering metals.

If your children have had vaccinations then they have more than likely picked some up there.....whether thimerosol or aluminum, or both. Also there are areas that have more mercury in the air than others. I was reading Dr. Blaylocks article (forget which one) where he mentioned that Texas is high and Nevada is low.

Not irrevelant and definately a possibility. I don't remember if you said you have amalgams. I do and my mother did/does too. My husband also has problems with metals but I'm unclear whether they can have an effect on the developing fetus or not. The placenta is pretty obvious for transfering metals.

If your children have had vaccinations then they have more than likely picked some up there.....whether thimerosol or aluminum, or both. Also there are areas that have more mercury in the air than others. I was reading Dr. Blaylocks article (forget which one) where he mentioned that Texas is high and Nevada is low.

I wonder what colorado would be?

My 3 oldest have all their shots.

My girls i put them off for a long time, this summer i decided to get them for school reasons, and my youngest dtr got a very bad reaction, the dr tried to say she got scarltina, but i have an hard time thinking all her red spots were from since she wasnt sick at the time. So needless to say, my girls will not continue to get their shots and i sign stuff for school as no due to personal reasons.

Yes i have amalagams and my mom does. She is actually going in to get all her top teeth pulled and dentures on the tops cause they are so bad.

paula

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

I think he suspeted babs and my allergies, he said no doxy to start. They did say later, if we want, we can challenge the abx allergies with a bottle of benadryl and epi-pen in hand...lol. I think I am allergic to something in the same "family" of doxy...hence the zith to start with.

I wonder if nausea classifies as a herx...lol! If it does, I have been herxing like CRAZY! ;):lol:

AndreaB Contributor
I wonder what colorado would be?

This is a snippet from Dr. Blaylock's article on mercury.

To listen to government authorities, the No. 1 source of human

contamination is coal-burning plants.

But in fact, the primary source of human contamination is right

there in your mouth

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ditto on that! I love tuna sandwiches....not quite as much as I love PB & J...but yeah...I do miss tuna. Maybe when I get better I'll have it once in a great while...with some chlorella on the side. ;)

He said he would support me in everything i do and he said he was happy that i had friends like all of you to get this information from. He just wants me back to the fun energetic person he fell in love with 11 years ago. I am so blessed to have such an wonderful husband. I just had to share with all of you.

Paula,

What a great hubby you have! I'm really happy that you have someone so supportive by your side....it just makes all the difference! You are still that fun energetic person...you just have some things pulling you down right now. You will get past it and eventually you'll *feel* fun and energetic again. :)

I work in the Bay Area....thats where I was born and raised. I moved to the Central Valley (Manteca) about 8 years ago....mainly because at the time it was affordable to buy a new home. I used to commute to work (I like the district I'm in and dont want to transfer) but since I got sick and gas prices are sky high....I only come home on the weekend. I stay at my moms during the week...she lives less than 5 minutes from my store. :)

Its definately a good idea if you can afford it. I've been eating mostly organic for awhile now. I dont do well with meats that arent organic. I dont know if I'll ever want to eat meats or dairy products that arent organic after all I've learned. I'll probably try to steer clear of that even after I'm better....too much chemicals, antibiotics, hormones, etc.

I had elevated calcium .... it means calcium is being displaced from your bones to soft tissue .... so it does not mean you have a good level of calcium in the bones, it actually can mean the opposite.

Yeah...thats what I was mentioning...that elevated calcium usually means you are not getting enough calcium...that its being displaced.

I had the same thing .... high calcium and low mercury ... and my mercury levels really are low, some people test low when they're really high because of the body not letting go, but I don't fit that profile.

I think mercury is only one cause of elevated calcium. I Googled "elevated calcium hair analysis" to find the quote I posted previously and did not see mention of mercury.

Unfortunately, you wont find alot of info. about high calcium in hair analysis and its relationship to mercury in the body. I would bet I could go to any Dr. with my hair analysis results and not a single one would recognize that theres a problem. Not a one.

Its only the Dr.'s who are specializing in mercury toxicity and really studying these results and understanding how to interpret them that are aware of this pattern. Its because they are aware of what mercury does once it gets into your system and they've seen the pattern on the hair analysis's through years of studying them. I wouldnt expect to find alot of info. on it since the Dr.'s who specialize in heavy metals are few and far between.

I think if you look up causes for high calcium you will likely find a bunch of conditions which can be secondary to mercury toxicity...in other words...symptoms.

If calcium isnt getting to the cells and is displaced in the body...yes...that can lead to bone loss. If the calcium is displaced by mercury (and the vast majority would not ever know this)....supplementation would be essentially treating the symptom and not the root cause.

It *is* mentioned that its possible the minerals can become skewed by other conditions in the body....just that at this time they know of no other condition which does this in such a distinct pattern.

We are not aware of any other condition (besides mercury poisoning) which regularly results in impaired mineral transport. This does not mean that some other cause is not possible.

None of the other metals cause this and when this pattern is seen...there is almost always a heavy mercury load....and this improves with chelation as the mercury comes out and the minerals return to a normal balance.

So yeah...there could be another reason...they just havent found anything else that does it.

If your calcium was high but all of your other minerals were fine...that could be something different. I'm not really sure but I think with mercury toxicity you would have more than one mineral out of range. Besides calcium I had 3 or 4 other minerals which were skewed in my hair analysis....and the same was true for my urinalysis.

I think calcium, mag., and zinc had asteriks next to them which stated if *any* of these minerals were elevated there is likely some type of metabolic disturbance in the body.

Mercury is more difficult to detect than the other heavy metals which makes it alot harder to diagnose.

rachel,

Maybe one day hubby can transfer up there and u can introduce me to all the dr's lol

Yeah....they are all really amazing...I never thought I would say that I LOVE my Dr.'s...but I REALLY do!! :D

I was traumatized by the sheer stupidity and lack of concern I got from the Dr.'s I was dealing with the first few years. I'm better now though...just a little bitterness left. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Paula,

I get my meat from Whole Foods....I buy mostly organic grass fed beef. I've done better with grass fed than anything grain-fed. I think that will improve as I become less toxic but for now I stick with grassfed...and its much healthier anyway.

That USWellness place that Andrea mentioned sells alot of grassfed meats I think.

The Bay Area has high levels of environmental mercury. One of my doctors said that if we were looking at a map of the world which indicated areas of high environmental mercury.....the Bay Area would have a big red spot over it.

Alot of it comes from the old gold mines which are in this area...I think he said there are 11 of them.

Heres just one of many articles that talks about the hazards of environmental mercury in the bay area.

I'm not sure how it is in Colorado but I think the whole world has been affected by coal burning...I recall reading that polar bears were found to be mercury toxic as a result of this.

But yeah...as Andrea mentioned there is far greater exposure from amalgams and vaccinations

Clearlake lies about 100 miles northeast of San Francisco and is adjacent to the extinct volcano, Mt. Konocti. Some say that it may be the oldest lake in the northern hemisphere. It is also the home to an immense source for blue green algae. Although it has an average depth of only twenty-three feet, the lake has a sediment level that is approximately four miles deep. This sediment, created by algae growth as well as natural runoff from hills and mountains, has been accumulating for some four million years. Like a giant circulatory system, its aquifers feed into streams and rivers that eventually flow into the Sacramento Valley, Napa Valley and the San Francisco Bay.

There is, however, a threat that jeopardizes this precious system. Clearlake

CarlaB Enthusiast
I wonder if nausea classifies as a herx...lol! If it does, I have been herxing like CRAZY! ;):lol:
That's more likely a side-effect. Do you eat when you take it? Eating helps me ... so does the Prilosec, though I wish I didn't need it.

Yeah...thats what I was mentioning...that elevated calcium usually means you are not getting enough calcium...that its being displaced.

Sometimes you don't get enough calcium, but sometimes it's a magnesium deficiency that makes it so you can't absorb the calcium.

If your calcium was high but all of your other minerals were fine...that could be something different.

My calcium, magnesium, and sodium were high. My sodium generally tests at the low end of the range in blood tests.

mftnchn Explorer
what is qua sha, it sounds really interesting. Glad you are feeling better now to.

Paula, I'm in China, and it is THE way to detox according to my Chinese friends. They do it only on your back. Put oil on (to make it less painful) and scrape with a very firm hand, using a edge. It's not a sharp edge like a knife, more rounded. It shouldn't take your skin off (you shouldn't bleed). Scrape all portions of the back a number of times, takes 10-15 minutes I would guess.

Supposed to open the pores and promote detox. The areas that turn color, show skin markings or bruising indicate areas that are problematic.

Andrea--great reminder about Dr. E. I know! I'll have my hubby take a picture of my back! The areas are very clear, LOL!!

mftnchn Explorer
Ok another questions, what are coffee enemas for and how do u make them.

paula

The original recipe from my doc also had a Tbsp of organic molasses in it. I don't use that though. I suspect it helped with loss of good minerals via the enema.

My instructions said divide into two amounts, and hold each 10 minutes.

Flor Apprentice

Phew, this is a lot to keep up with!

A couple of things I wanted to follow up with...

1. What's humaworm and what's it for?

2. Rachel, are you able to find out as you go along whether the chelation you are doing is pulling mercury out of you -- to know how well it's working?

Is chelation the only way we have to get mercury out of our bodies?

Do you have the link on that hair testing/mercury info you pasted (the long one)? I'd like to refer my cousin to it -- her son is autistic and she's starting down the biomedical road.

3. On probiotics: I didn't react well to any of the health food store brands of probiotics. When I started to take VSL3 and Threelac, I didn't have any of the same reactions (bloating/gas mostly). They are expensive, but I'm thinking at this point that they're worth it.

4. On Epsom Salts baths -- the yahoo group "sulfurstories" moderated by Susan Owens (who also moderates the trying low oxalates group) has a lot of info about how epsom salts works. I don't understand it all, but I gather it can be a way to help people whose sulfur de-tox pathways are screwed up. I do them daily and order the lavender Dr. Teals kind online from Open Original Shared Link

5. On calcium...I have high levels of calcium according to the hair analysis I did like fifteen years ago (I have to go dig it up). I got a bone density test done last year because of the leaky gut/presumed celiac and it came up totally good. So it's possible to have elevated calcium and not have it low in the bones. I also gather that high calcium is closely correlated with slow metabolizers, which I am. I don't know that we could say that all slow metabolism is caused by mercury -- so it may be that there are multiple factors that can lead one to have high calcium, even while it is indicative of potential mercury poisoning. I don't know enough about the science of this -- my guess is we could also say that there ARE a number of us who have slow metabolisms BECAUSE our de-tox pathways are damaged by heavy metals. I confess I hate this topic. But only because it feels so scary and intractable.

Take care you all!

Florence

CarlaB Enthusiast

Florence, Humaworm is for removing parasites. It will remove bacteria, worms, amoeba, protozoa, etc. They have a website - www.humaworm.com.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Sometimes you don't get enough calcium, but sometimes it's a magnesium deficiency that makes it so you can't absorb the calcium.

Yes...but in hair analysis healthy people who have no mercury burden do not usually have these minerals showing up out of balance. So if theres a magnesium deficiency as well as a calcium deficiency...while one might contribute to the other....there must be something underlying this imbalance. They do not usually see this in hair analysis of people who are not mercury toxic.

If this pattern was commonly found in people with no mercury issues...or if it was caused by a variety of reasons...the mineral profile would be of no value in determining mercury toxicity...but that is not the case. Mercury does leave its signature in the way that minerals show up on hair analysis....so its a very useful test for that reason.

When you dont get enough calcium from diet it does not show up elevated in hair...because there truelly is a deficiency. When it shows up elevated in the hair...its not because there is not enough in the body...there usually is....however, its not able to get to the cells.

So while there is still a deficiency...the deficiency in this case is caused by some abnormality in the body which prevents the body from utilizing calcium. Mercury is the one thing that it known to do that....because it likes to go to the receptor sites in the cells which are meant for essential minerals. That prevents the minerals from getting to where the body can use them....this leads to metabolic imbalances.

Archived