This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

CarlaB Enthusiast
When you dont get enough calcium from diet it does not show up elevated in hair...because there truelly is a deficiency. When it shows up elevated in the hair...its not because there is not enough in the body...there usually is....however, its not able to get to the cells.

Right, this is what I was saying ... if you don't have enough magnesium, you will not absorb calcium .... granted, it may not end up in the hair, that part I don't know .... but I know that if you don't get enough magnesium, it doesn't matter how much calcium you take.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
(maybe I should be saying this...lol, it's probably like Donna with the bandaid itching!).

Hey, it seemed to work every time I posted something, lol.

I agree about yoga being harder than weight lifting. That's one reason why I haven't been able to get into yoga...it hurts, lol.

He said he would support me in everything i do and he said he was happy that i had friends like all of you to get this information from. He just wants me back to the fun energetic person he fell in love with 11 years ago. I am so blessed to have such an wonderful husband. I just had to share with all of you.

That's fantastic Paula!! It really DOES make all the difference to have someone support you in that way!

Makes me think I need to have Mitch go through the hair analysis as well as doing an update on mine......with all our spare money right? :P

Yeah...all that spare money...I'm right there with ya. :( Thanks for posting that info!

Would organic everything be better for me to. I do organic veggies and fruits, just have never for meats.

Generally, if you can afford it. I buy my meats (well everything really) at Whole Foods, but I don't buy the "organic". All of their meats (or so the sign says, lol) are antibiotic/hormone free. I should be buying the organic grass fed, but they don't have the leaner ground beef, so I buy the other.

1. What's humaworm and what's it for?

I see that Carla answered already, but I just wanted to add that I took it for the same basic reason that Carla did. I have had a problem with klebsiella and other mysterious bacterial infections, so I decided to try it. I was almost certain I had parasites as well, so it seemed an economical safe way to go, especially since we had Carla as an online test case, lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast
especially since we had Carla as an online test case, lol.

Yeah, you all just wanted the same bathroom excitement I had, LOL! (I had a tapeworm ... saw 7 ft. of it).

confused Community Regular

i couldnt get my quote button to work so im going to lump all of this.

1. i think i might just become an vegan again, then i wont have to worry about the organic meat prices lol.

2. i am lucky i have an great hubby, i really thought he would freak out when i brought mold and metal toxicity up, celiac was hard enough for him.

3. the scraping of the back just sounds so painful. I bet it is so cool to live in china.

4. what antifungals should i get to take while im on the candida diet, or should i just try the diet first. I am so leery about taking things, i only take tynenol if im in massive pain or high fever and that is after my husband makes me. sO I need stuff with very little side effects.

5. its only 6:30 here and i so want to go to bed. Im locked in my bedroom and told hubby to watch the kids. I figured i made dinner he can watch the kids now lol.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
2. Rachel, are you able to find out as you go along whether the chelation you are doing is pulling mercury out of you -- to know how well it's working?

Is chelation the only way we have to get mercury out of our bodies?

Do you have the link on that hair testing/mercury info you pasted (the long one)? I'd like to refer my cousin to it -- her son is autistic and she's starting down the biomedical road.

Florence,

I confess that at one time I hated this topic as well....it was the scariest thing ever! I had a book about it....but I never looked at it....I never went and researched it like I did everything else. I think I was so scared only because I didnt know where to go for help....so what good did it do me to research it...it only got me more scared.

If you have people who deal with this everyday helping you....it becomes much less scary. Even though you cant find the Dr.'s in every office accross the US...there are enough of them out there that people can and do get the help they need. And yes....its totally treatable.

Most experienced Dr.'s will say that chelation is the only way to remove it from the body. It is in the cells, the brain, the CNS, the organs, etc....and it doesnt come out very easily.

Chelators like DMPS form the strongest bond with metals....so that they hold onto it like a vice...they do not drop metals on the way out. Any chelator that has two sulfur atoms is going to be a very effective chelator. Natural chelators like garlic and such only have one atom....so it is a much weaker bond and doesnt really have what it takes to fully remove mercury from the body. Same with supplements like NAC...they can potentially move mercury from one area to the next...causing more harm than good.

Not that these things are bad...but by themselves I dont believe they can clear out all mercury.

I know that every one of my Dr.'s told me I would never recover without chelation.

Eventually when nothing else is coming out from DMPS....they will switch me to DMSA and other chelators to get the rest out. DMPS wont usually clear mercury from the brain.

I would think that it depends on the amount of toxicity but I think anyone with amalgams is going to have mercury in the brain and in the CNS for sure...and that does not come out very easily.

Yes...I am able to see how much mercury is being pulled out as I go along. I can check this with every round of chelation if I wanted. If I could afford to test with each treatment I would do it for sure....its not necessary...but I would still like to see my progress every step of the way.

I'll be testing every few rounds. I've tested twice so far....the first was with my first shot of DMPS. Since it was my first shot and my Dr. likes to go slow with me...I got a baby dose....the smallest dose of DMPS they do. With that small dose (about half the length of my index finger) I excreted 9 toxic metals....mercury was the second highest.

All but one metal was within reference range....the Dr.'s take their experience with these tests, the amount of DMPS given and other factors into consideration in determining whether or not theres a problem.

So the 3 who have looked at my results have said that there is significant mercury toxicity. Now I continue with treatments and if my body is excreting as well as it did on my first test...the levels should be increasing as we go.

Typically the first treatments will yeild little or no mercury and as you get into the 5th or 6th it starts coming out in higher amounts...and the levels go up for awhile...and eventually start to come down. It comes out like a bellcurve.

My second test results are in...this was done after my 5th treatment...I wont have those results until Wed.

I do feel better after each treatment and so far have not had problems.

Problems typically develop if the dose is higher than that person can handle...meaning more mercury is getting mobilized than the body can deal with. I will remain at the dose I'm currently on and my Dr. has no plans to increase it.

Also, the Dr.'s worked on building up my immune system, dealing with some infections and especially focusing on detoxification for a year prior to starting chelation treatments. If the body is not ready for it...it will not go smoothly.

I will report the results of my last urine test on Wed. :)

I can tell you that it was really exciting for me and for the Dr.'s to see all that came out in my first test. It was verification of what I'd known deep down all along.

After I get a few tests done I will probably scan them and send them to anyone whos interested.

If for some reason the levels stay low or dont climb my Dr. is going to send me to get my detox pathways cleared again. But so far I feel good about everything.

I think if you try to get mercury out naturally you will clear some of it out...but alot will remain...and it would probably take a lifetime to get it out that way.

Also, if you have amalgams you cannot do chelation. It cannot be done while fillings are still in place.

Here is the link to that page....

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor
i think i might just become an vegan again, then i wont have to worry about the organic meat prices lol.

Whatever you do......DO NOT GO VEGAN!!!!!!

If you do have a problem with mercury and/or other metals this will only make things worse. You need to be on a high animal protein diet! I really thing being vegan for 3 years helped push our family along to poorer health.

Whatever you do......DO NOT GO VEGAN!!!!!!

If you do have a problem with mercury and/or other metals this will only make things worse. You need to be on a high animal protein diet! I really thing being vegan for 3 years helped push our family along to poorer health.

Ok i wont lol. I was vegan during college and a few years after til i met hubby and he is a big time meat eater. I dont think the drs would let me go vegan anyway with me being anemic. I also dont think i could or would want to go back to eating lentils and beans to get iron.

How long ago were u vegans?

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Paula,

I agree with Andrea.

In order to detox heavy metals our bodies need the essential amino acid chains that are found in protein.

These amino acids are seriously lacking in a vegetarian diet....veggies dont have these amino acids and as a results your body is less able to detox metals. So they will accumulate more than they would if you were eating high protein.

A high protein diet is an important part of detoxing mercury and heavy metals. I eat very high protein.

Paula,

I agree with Andrea.

In order to detox heavy metals our bodies need the essential amino acid chains that are found in protein.

These amino acids are seriously lacking in a vegetarian diet....veggies dont have these amino acids and as a results your body is less able to detox metals. So they will accumulate more than they would if you were eating high protein.

A high protein diet is an important part of detoxing mercury and heavy metals. I eat very high protein.

What do u eat?

Tommorow im going shopping so im trying to figure out what i should get. I know no more chips lol. What veggies would make the best veggie juice, or can i drink v-8 juice or is that not good for me. Ill eat any kind of meat, well i wont eat deer or elk or anything like that, but regular meat that is in a grocery store ill eat and ill eat any veggies, even tho i wish i could eat them with ranch or cheese lol

paula

AndreaB Contributor
How long ago were u vegans?

We were vegan for about 3 years up to 1 1/2 years ago....when we found out about gluten and soy not doing so well with us. Since we tested through enterolab we don't know if we had progressed to celiac but we all have the celiac genes so won't go back on gluten.

truthsearcher Rookie

Hi can someone refresh me on the detox pathway thing?

I seriously think this is what is holding back my progress in chelation.

How do check to see if my pathways are clear?

I know of no Dr. in my area who does ART or BioSet. And the LLMD I'm going to see does not use ART.

At this point, getting better is such a fight because I can't find the right people. It takes all my energies just to do the little research that I do and the same time hold the family together.

I'm just so tired.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I know of no Dr. in my area who does ART or BioSet. And the LLMD I'm going to see does not use ART.

At this point, getting better is such a fight because I can't find the right people. It takes all my energies just to do the little research that I do and the same time hold the family together.

I'm just so tired.

Hang in there! You are at the beginning of treatment ... it's SLOW! If you are seeing an LLMD, you are in good hands. :) They all do things differently, but most seem to be able to get us better.

confusedks Enthusiast
I see that Carla answered already, but I just wanted to add that I took it for the same basic reason that Carla did. I have had a problem with klebsiella and other mysterious bacterial infections, so I decided to try it. I was almost certain I had parasites as well, so it seemed an economical safe way to go, especially since we had Carla as an online test case, lol.

Yeah, you all just wanted the same bathroom excitement I had, LOL! (I had a tapeworm ... saw 7 ft. of it).

:lol::lol::lol:

Paula,

As far as going vegan...I went raw vegan and I decided that I really do need animal protein. When I was doing the raw diet, I would find myself drooling over chicken! LOL! I never would have thought such a thing would make me drool, but it sure did! LOL!

confusedks Enthusiast

Another thing Paula,

I just got a book of slow cooker recipes and out of about 100 I can have some of them. If you'd like, I can post them in the recipe section of the forum. I don't know if you do okay with cooked onions and garlic? Sorry, I don't remember.

aprilh Apprentice
April, what brand of apple pectin fiber and charcoal do you use if I may ask?? The apple pectin is also a toxic binder, correct?

I would also love to hear more about what you do for liver support and lymphatic drainage support.

I take Medibulk by Thorne Research. It has a blend of psyllium, prune powder and apple pection. I know some people don't do well on psyllium alone, but this seems to work for me. The AC is by KAL although I used another brand before. There isn't a lot to choose from in the HFS. And i hadn't read much about differences between brands.

Liver support: I do B12 shots every 2 or 3 weeks or so. L-glutamine, molybdnenum, NAC, Folic acid, Activated B6.....I think thats it. I showed Phase II detox pathways to be sluggish so these are supposed to help with that. If I eat high sulphur foods like garlic or wine I take an extra dose of Molybdenum and NAC which is supposed to support the sulphation pathway.

For lymphatic I do the dry skin brushing, sometimes I jump on the mini trampoline. I think what helps me the most is the sauna or detox baths - anything that gets me sweating!

I really think massage would help me but can't really afford to do that right now. :(

aprilh Apprentice
I figured what i was eating was not good for me.

Do you think it would be good to go back to eating like i was for the 6wbm diet when i felt the best i ever did.

Here is what i was eating

breakfast

egg whites with green chili

oatmeal with cinamon and fruit

snack protein and baked potato

lunch

meat, beans, rice and veggie (fresh)

snack

fruit and protein

dinner

protein, baked potato and veggie.

Of ocurse i would have to get rid of the fruit and the oatmeal and subsitute with something, but would this be good for me.

paula

You could do low glycemic fruits with your oatmeal. And you wouldn't necessarily "have" to get rid of oatmeal, just don't eat too many carbs in a day. And gauge your symptoms of course.

I think all of that sounds pretty good. Just cut out potatoes a bit more. Potatoes are high in starch and can be a "moldy" food. And the meats, just make sure they are un-processed type meats.

What is the Bwbm diet?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm just so tired.

Laurie,

Sorry things are such a struggle for you right now. Like Carla said...hang in there...it will get better! :)

Are you excreting metals as you are chelating? Why do you feel as if something is holding you back??

I read a few different boards so its hard to keep up with everyone but are you doing DMSA/ALA....Andy Cutler protocol?

If you're having problems with it its hard to say what it might be. It could be a problem with sulfation pathway or it could be the dose or method of chelation. Its hard to say but some people just do better on one type of chelator...versus the other. Everyone is different. You could be sensitive to the chelator...which could also cause problems.

I've also read alot about DMSA worsening gut issues and causing greater stress to the liver if used early on in treatment. I doubt that is the case for everyone but I'm not sure what your symptoms are or why you feel the chelation isnt working as well as it should.

I didnt feel that DMSA was doing me alot of good...I didnt notice any horrible reactions but I didnt feel as if it was helping either. I'm doing much better on the IV DMPS.

I wish there was someone who did ART in your area....thats what has helped me the most.

If you're not working with a Dr. on the chelation it might be best to hold off on it until you can get some help with it. Your body may be under too much stress right now. Your LLMD should be able to help you with alot of it...hang in there!

aprilh Apprentice

I'm just so tired.

I tried chelation on my own before knowing what the heck I was doing and this further burdened my liver. I then became sensitive to Everything including herbs. I ended up having a Liver Detox Profile through Genova Diagnostics.

Open Original Shared Link

This test revealed that my Phase II detox pathways were sluggish and basically I was recirculating everything. So, if I took 1 advil, for example, it felt like I took about 5 or 6! The supplements that I posted earlier helps with this, but I hope to get my liver detoxed one day so that its working normally.

this is one subject that I have not researched like the rest of my issues :(.

truthsearcher Rookie

Hi Rachel.

I'm doing 12.5 mg of dmsa 1x week. This is all I can handle as any more really stresses my adrenals. I do not touch ALA, terrible side effects.

I do test well for dmsa according to EAV but that's about it. AC tested very poorly as well as chlorella, Algin.

I have no idea weather I'm excreting metals or not. I have a hair test showing derranged minerals and little to no metals showing up. Which means no I'm not excreting properly.

Unprovoked urine test showed high aluminum,arsenic, cadmium

Provoked dmsa urine test showed high lead, aluminum.

Funny thing Calcium shows right in the middle to low on the provoked test.

I have to wait till mid March for my first llmd visit.

Thanks April for the input. I had a complete stool done by Genova, maybe the liver one is in order soon, if I can't figure this one out. SO much to do and such little precious time.

You could do low glycemic fruits with your oatmeal. And you wouldn't necessarily "have" to get rid of oatmeal, just don't eat too many carbs in a day. And gauge your symptoms of course.

I think all of that sounds pretty good. Just cut out potatoes a bit more. Potatoes are high in starch and can be a "moldy" food. And the meats, just make sure they are un-processed type meats.

What is the Bwbm diet?

I would have to find the gluten free oats, but its ok to give it up, i ad to gag it down anyway lol. Since i havent been eating breakfast for some time now, i think i will be fine with eggs with veggies in the morning, like an egg scramble or something close.

For the meats i would do like a little steak or chicken breast or whatever is left from dinner.

So should i eat more brown rice with the protein or something else.

paula

truthsearcher Rookie

April,

I have that same effect with meds.

I would take one Ultram for back pain and I thought I was going to die on the stuff. I don't take any otc drugs or any scripts for this very reason. I'm scared of having one of those reactions.

Ala Natural if I can!

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel or anyone! Since we are on this subject, can you help me decipher my little one's Urinalysis?

This was done when he was 2 - no DMSA was used - well because he was 2!! :P

But he showed high levels of some things:

lead - in the beginning of the red (beginning to be toxic levels)

arsenic - High levels

cesium - In the beginning of the red

Nickel - beginning of the red

rubidium - off the charts!

Tin - off the charts

tungsten - off the charts!

copper - Very high levels - off the charts

molybdenum - very high levels

potassium - Very high levels

Iron - undetectible levels

Calcium - was in the reference range

Since his calcium was normal - is this still mercury related? I know lead is obviously an issue.

OKAY for comparison reasons here is what his sister (6 years old at the time) showed and this was DMSA challenge:

Lead - beginning of the red (low but toxic levels)

bismuth - mid toxicity range

gallium - high toxic

nickel - low toxic

thallium - low toxic

thorium - low toxic

Copper - off the charts ( like her brother !) - we have some copper pipes

Iron - undetectible levels

In both - the calcium was normal range. The copper was the highest for both. Then all of these other wierd metals. I researched each and every one of them and could not find a common source.

I spent $365 on water testing.

We did about a month of gentle chelation this past summer using HMD (www.metaldetox.com) along with a protocol to go along with. Very time consuming for mom I must say. Lots of hiding things in smoothies!! LOL.

Here is my delima. My little one is starting PreK next year and I have put off his shots due to all of these findings. I am literally SCARED to give him more shots!!! But it will be required before he starts school next fall. How in the world do I get around that!?

Thanks all!

AndreaB Contributor
Here is my delima. My little one is starting PreK next year and I have put off his shots due to all of these findings. I am literally SCARED to give him more shots!!! But it will be required before he starts school next fall. How in the world do I get around that!?

I don't remember (or know) what state you are in but all of them (except Mississippi and W Virginia {or maybe that was Virginia} accept philosophical/personal exemptions.

Edit--I see you have your state listed. It should be ok to do an exemption.

Rachel or anyone!
aprilh Apprentice
I would have to find the gluten free oats, but its ok to give it up, i ad to gag it down anyway lol. Since i havent been eating breakfast for some time now, i think i will be fine with eggs with veggies in the morning, like an egg scramble or something close.

For the meats i would do like a little steak or chicken breast or whatever is left from dinner.

So should i eat more brown rice with the protein or something else.

paula

The Irish Oats are supposedly gluten free.

brown rice is fine as long as you don't get symptomatic with it. I read somewhere that as long as the "transit time" is good, you would not feed the yeast with those kinds of carbs. Basically, anything can sit there and ferment in the gut if the "transit time" is slow.

Since you have been chelating, your liver could be stressed, You could try some small things like fresh lemon water first thing in the morning, sweating through sauna, castor oil packs. You could try taking all of those supplements I take, but if you don't know if its your phase I or Phase II pathway, you might not be helping the situation. Also, eating "clean" will definately help the liver. There is a lot of good info on www.liverdoctor.com. I have read her books and she has some great ideas on thing to eat that are good for the liver.

The test didn't cost too much. I think it was like $110 maybe?

Archived