This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I just know once rachel gets me the info on were she did the hair analyzes im ordering it asap.

Ok...I found it. :)

Open Original Shared Link

Looking over my report it looks like its Great Smokies/Genova Diagnostics who does the testing.

My results show elevated:

Antimony

Bismuth

Cadmium

Mercury was very very low....barely showing up.

These were the deranged minerals:

Caclium* -High

Molybdenum -High

Strontium - high

Vanadium- high

I had no low levels of minerals

Magnesium was close to being high but was still within range.

Special notation says:

* High levels of these elements may reflect disordered metabolism or maldistribution in the body. In such cases, there may be loss of those minerals from the organs and tissues where they are normally stored or utilized.

Those 3 minerals are calcium, magnesium and zinc.

The special notation is describing the same thing we've been discussing...that those minerals are not getting utilized...they are not getting to where they need to go. Something is "blocking" normal metabolic processes in the body. In almost all cases it would mean that mercury has gotten into the cells and disrupted that process.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flor Apprentice

April,

On the vaccine exemption, we just went through this here with my son, 3 years old. We live in SC but found a more wholistic MD in Asheville, NC, just up the road and got a medical exemption. In SC, it's also either medical or religious and the religious one can be iffy to get because you have to say certain things in person to a state official that are then notarized in a statement. I wasn't sure I could do it with a straight face and they apparently ask some unexpected questions.

Our state health dept said they'd accept the signed waiver from any MD anywhere in the country as long as it was on the state agency's form. So it was a bit of a production, but worth it.

We've partially vaccinated our son and he had some pretty strong reactions -- we didn't do MMR. I laid out possible auto-immune history in our family to the MD and she really felt there was adequate basis for the waiver. From reading the state laws here, the kid doesn't have to literally be allergic to what's in the vaccine -- a possible auto-immune diagnosis can be sufficient. I would think a DAN! doctor would be supportive in this?

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you learn and what your experience is. What state are you in?

Florence

Rachel--24 Collaborator

For comparison heres what showed up in my provoked urine challenge.

Toxic metals:

Antimony

Arsenic ( April chelation does pull this out)

Cadmium

Lead

Mercury

Nickel

Thallium

Tin

Tungsten

All but Tungsten were in the reference range... I was only given 1/5 of a full dose of DMPS so the Dr. had to estimate what results would have looked like had I been given a full dose.

The metals which did NOT show up at all in my challenge were:

Aluminum

Beryllium

Bismuth

Platinum

Thorium

Uranium

Essential minerals: (lots of skewed minerals here)

Sodium - very low

Phosphorus - high

Calcium - low

Copper - very high

Sulfur - high

Molybdenum - high

Boron -low

Chromium - low

Selenium - low

Vanadium - low

Iron - low

What was ok: (a much shorter list!)

Potassium

Magnesium

Zinc

Manganese

Lithium

Flor Apprentice

Oh my god! about the tapeworm! Alien invasion!

I looked at the long list of herbs in Humaworm and it scared me a little. So much stuff in there! Did it work for the tapeworm?

I'm taking a lot of what's in humaworm already and sometimes I think it's making me nauseated so I cut back.

I'm just a week onto the strict anti-candida diet and the anti-yeast supplements. In addition to Threelac and VSL3 and Solaray's "yeast cleanse" I've been taking garlic, black walnut, milk thistle, and GSE. This is not to mention all the other stuff I'm taking for gut in general (NAG, MSM, glutamine, biotin, arginine, CoQ10, zinc, lots of Bs, blah blah blah).

Two pleasant surprises: I've found red clover tea to feel lovely going down (some site said it's a good liver tonic) and lots of fresh lemon in water feels really good after months of avoiding citrus in any form.

By the way, there's been a flurry of emails on the low oxalate diet yahoo group about how NAC might potentially backfire for some people. A bunch of their kids (ASD) over there have been experiencing regressions and gut problems while taking glutathione/NAC. Susan has posted some studies about why. I can cut and paste if anyone's interested. I was taking it and have stopped.

Can someone fill me in on what a DDMD is and what that other acronym is -- ARC? AR...? I can't find it now.

Thanks!

Florence

Flor Apprentice

Oh duh, sorry, that should have read: what is an LLMD and ART?

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, 'just' isn't a word I'd use for the candida diet lol! Good luck :)

Okay, well, yeah, lol. It's pretty darned hard. Someone put FUDGE in the kitchen by my desk today...OMGosh PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE and regularl chocolate fudge...the longest three minutes of my recent life was when I had to heat up my lunch in the kitchen with that there. :P

Plus I don't think they really know what is "acceptable". What is acceptable to me is NONE!!! LOL

I agree completely!!

Do you eat eggs every day? I love eggs but had cut them back to once or twice a week since we all (I think) came up with eggs on our ASYRA. I used to eat them at least 4 times a week, and I always have 2 at a time.

Do you guys think I need to work on having some animal protein more frequently, instead of the major bulk of it being for dinner? Sometimes I have some protein earlier in the day.....depends on leftovers.

Yeah, I've heard it's good to have protein at every meal. For me, I have to have protein AND fat at every meal. :P

I eat two eggs every day. Amazing when I think that a year ago eating eggs (in certain forms, but not others) caused me to feel nauseated.

Oh duh, sorry, that should have read: what is an LLMD and ART?

LLMD = lyme literate medical doctor

ART = autonomic (SP?) response testing, its a form of muscle testing, but is very accurate from my experience

confused Community Regular

Rachel,

Thank you for posting that, i will be ordering that next week. Im just trying to figure out where to cut my hair, since i wear it up in a pony tail most days lol.

everyone,

Have a safe and happy new year, we are having an quiet one at home with the kids and just having a few drinks and playing games. I probably wont even make it til 9, im exhausted.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Paula, I don't even TRY to stay up anymore...I go to bed at my usual 9:00 and sometimes the firecrackers will wake me up right before midnight, but if not, I sleep right through it, lol.

Happy New Year to everyone! Have a safe one!

confusedks Enthusiast

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Happy New Year everyone!

My new avatar is me and Janet/Darn210 today. :)

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Happy New Year!!

AndreaB Contributor

Like your new avatar Carla. :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
By the way, there's been a flurry of emails on the low oxalate diet yahoo group about how NAC might potentially backfire for some people. A bunch of their kids (ASD) over there have been experiencing regressions and gut problems while taking glutathione/NAC. Susan has posted some studies about why. I can cut and paste if anyone's interested. I was taking it and have stopped.

I posted alot of stuff about NAC several months back....mostly stuff I learned from patients of Dr. Klinghardt, reading and listening to what he's had to say about his past experiences with NAC (particularly in children), and from my own Dr.'s.

I posted the link to an interiew in which Dr. K. talked about NAC. It can definately cause more harm than good if its taken inapproriately, which means...at the wrong time in treatment, without having proper support, without having all bases covered, etc.

It moves mercury around...and it can worsen symptoms significantly if this isnt taken into consideration. Small children are more vulnerable because the blood brain barrier is not yet fully developed. It has been known to cause seizures in small kids.

I dont think NAC should be taken without a chelator on board...it does not chelate metals safely on its own. With alot of support and if a person tolerates it...it can be safely used as part of a chelation program...but usually best with something like DMPS or DMSA...not by itself.

My own Dr.'s have me steering clear of NAC....it does not test well for me and I did not feel great taking it. I knew the risks but I tried it anyway (in small amounts) and payed close attention to my body's response. It definately wasnt the right thing for me...not what my body needed. I totally avoid it now.

It only has one sulfur atom...which makes it an unreliable chelator. It can move metals to organs or tissue where it may cause greater damage. In kids it can move mercury into the brain.

NAC and glutathione can be used for support during chelation...but by themselves its not the best thing for someone who's mercury toxic. If the kids are already high in sulfur...or having problems with it...NAC/glutathione can make things worse.

I test very badly for glutathione...my body doesnt want anything to do with it...it doesnt like NAC either. I dont do well with sulfur and have had problems with that pathway in the past.

My body LOVES DMPS...it moves the metals out, I do not have any adverse reactions or sensitivity to it and I test extremely well for it. Thats whats working for me...nothing is getting moved around and redistributed...which is what tends to happen with things that have a weaker bond with the mercury...like NAC.

Heres a link to the Dr. K. interview. ...for anyone interested. Very informative. My own Dr.'s are along the same lines...one of them was trained by Dr. K. He talks a little about ART...but mostly metals, candida, autoimmunity, Lyme and other infections.

He talks about all the treatments used for detoxing metals...he gets into some detail about NAC later on in the interview.

Dr. K. is known worldwide for his experience with mercury detox....30+ years...he's one of the worlds leading experts on mercury detoxification.

The link for the interview is at the bottom of this page...

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Thers some other stuff I want to reply to but will have to wait till tomorrow....believe it or not...I made plans!! :o

No going to bed at 9 this year!! I do work in the morning though...and I will NOT be having any drinks. :(

Oh well....next year I WILL!! :D

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!

see you guys next year! :P

aprilh Apprentice
I'm glad you figured it out. The thing is, I got Blaylock's new book the day after his vac's. Had I got it before I probalby would not have gotten them. His eczema was on his face though.

What's the name of this book? I might need to get that one.

aprilh Apprentice
Anyway, I'd love to hear what you learn and what your experience is. What state are you in?

Florence

We are in Charlotte NC. Not far from you!

Thanks for the info. I recently got some names of MD's (pediatricians) who are more "holistic" minded and not on the vaccine badwagon, so maybe they will be able to write that letter. We will see....I will keep you posted.

aprilh Apprentice
For comparison heres what showed up in my provoked urine challenge.

Toxic metals:

Antimony

Arsenic ( April chelation does pull this out)

Cadmium

Lead

Mercury

Nickel

Thallium

Tin

Tungsten

All but Tungsten were in the reference range... I was only given 1/5 of a full dose of DMPS so the Dr. had to estimate what results would have looked like had I been given a full dose.

The metals which did NOT show up at all in my challenge were:

Aluminum

Beryllium

Bismuth

Platinum

Thorium

Uranium

Essential minerals: (lots of skewed minerals here)

Sodium - very low

Phosphorus - high

Calcium - low

Copper - very high

Sulfur - high

Molybdenum - high

Boron -low

Chromium - low

Selenium - low

Vanadium - low

Iron - low

What was ok: (a much shorter list!)

Potassium

Magnesium

Zinc

Manganese

Lithium

All of these were very similar to the kids test results.

aprilh Apprentice
NAC and glutathione can be used for support during chelation...but by themselves its not the best thing for someone who's mercury toxic. If the kids are already high in sulfur...or having problems with it...NAC/glutathione can make things worse.

Rachel,

My son had high sulphur on that test I posted earlier. The UNprovoked urinalysis. During his detox this summer I did not use NAC or Glutathione but I did use Whey protein. Does that sound okay?

Also i used the apple pectin fiber, minerals, vitamin C, and whole body liquiessence (homeopathic detox support)

I am so afraid of doing something wrong with them....they can't tell me what they are feeling as much as I can "Feel" whats happening when I take stuff myself! We are all under an ND's care, but I always like to double check my information.

AndreaB Contributor
What's the name of this book? I might need to get that one.

Health and Nutrition Secrets that can save your life by Dr. Russell Blaylock. He's a retired neurosurgeon who is known as a medical maverick. He's been one of the forerunners in the excitotoxin study. There is only one chapter that deals with vaccines in the whold book though.

We also subscribe to his monthly newsletter which is dedicated to a certain topic each month.

Responding to another of your posts. My doctor is a holistic physician but I don't think he'd sign a medical exemption as I don't have proof really that vaccines caused a problem. It's been alternative testing that brought forth that info, aside from my youngest eczema breakout. Would be hard to prove that one. He does agree that the vaccines have caused the problems though and isn't fond of them himself. He also does chelation, so if we need to go that route we'll be able to go through him.

Green12 Enthusiast

Happy New Year to my OMG peeps :lol:

:wub:

I hope in 2008 everyone continues to heal and for those still looking for answers I am hoping they will come soon so you can get on the road to recovery and better health as well.

I can't thank you enough for all the information you have all shared and the support you have given!

:wub:

covsooze Enthusiast

The New Year is 9 hours old here :D Wishing everyone a great 2008 and praying for such leaps and bounds in our progress towards full health that we can celebrate the next New Year in style! B)

Rachel, interesting your calcium, magnesium and zinc were skewed as mine were too. I thought that was down to shampoo, but maybe not. Can't wait to get a proper interpretation of my results!

S x

mftnchn Explorer

Happy New year to everyone...the first day of 2008 is almost over here...

I'm still doing okay but extremely busy, so exhausted and ready to fall into bed. Just trying to remember to take my meds and stuff, but am not doing too well yesterday and today on the diet, Donna and Kassandra. Had cookies and pie. It was probably not great to try to start yet, as all this week we are cooking and serving guests. However I have cut back overall, so I guess I am just starting slow.

Donna, hooray for your diligence...you are setting a good example for me! lol

On critter watch but nothing too significant yet on the Humaworm ride.

Sherry

miamia Rookie

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! I hope everyone had a good night (i was asleep by 11 and thats late for me)

sorry i have not been posting the levaquin is kicking my butt. So here are my symptoms if anyone has any thing helpful that would be great. Its been like 2 weeks the first week I had major flu like symptoms and the bottoms of my feet which get occasional pains really flared up. This week I feel weak , nauseaus, headache and feet still hurting but less flu like.

I will write more in a litttle while.

Again happy new year everyone!!!!

Miamia

dlp252 Apprentice

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

My new avatar is me and Janet/Darn210 today. :)

How exciting...another meet-up! Very nice avatar!

Thers some other stuff I want to reply to but will have to wait till tomorrow....believe it or not...I made plans!! :o

TRULY EXCITING!!!!! Yay!

Donna, hooray for your diligence...you are setting a good example for me! lol

On critter watch but nothing too significant yet on the Humaworm ride.

Sherry...you'll get there! It was definitely hard to stick to it yesterday...I kept thinking about that FUDGE all day, lol. Finally, for dinner I had a little bit of sweet potato. Yes, mindfuly of the heiniosity that befell Rachel, I kept my portion to only 1/4 cup...yes I measured the stupid stuff, lol. It was just enough to satisfy the sweet craving, but probably a lot better for me and less kaotic to the candida.

Ha, the Humaworm! Look for rice. :lol::lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! I hope everyone had a good night (i was asleep by 11 and thats late for me)

Happy New Year to you! I really hope that soon you will feel good again! It's been such a long tough road for you. I don't have any advice for you, but it sure sounds like you had a good sized herx.

CarlaB Enthusiast

sorry i have not been posting the levaquin is kicking my butt. So here are my symptoms if anyone has any thing helpful that would be great. Its been like 2 weeks the first week I had major flu like symptoms and the bottoms of my feet which get occasional pains really flared up. This week I feel weak , nauseaus, headache and feet still hurting but less flu like.

I will write more in a litttle while.

Again happy new year everyone!!!!

Miamia

It sounds like you are herxing from it. Since the flu symptoms are diminishing, I'd say you're coming out of it. I hope you feel well soon .... you were up later than I ... I went to bed at 10:40.

Try epsom salt baths for the pain .... coffee enemas help clear the herx.

Archived