This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, interesting your calcium, magnesium and zinc were skewed as mine were too. I thought that was down to shampoo, but maybe not. Can't wait to get a proper interpretation of my results!

Susie....I didn't have all 3 of those minerals skewed. It was only my calcium that was high in the hair analysis...magnesium was close to the cut-off but still in range.

Those are the 3 minerals that if *any* of them are elevated would suggest a problem with the body's ability to distribute them...so even though they show up in higher levels...there is still a deficiency in the body.

My urinalysis showed most minerals were out of range but zinc and magnesium were ok. I had been supplementing magnesium so that may have helped.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

I had a really fun night! I didnt get to bed until around 2..and now I'm headed for work....but I'm really glad I got brave and didnt stay home. :)

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi Rachel,

Just before you posted, I was re-reading your links on interpreting the hair analysis and realised I'd mixed up your results and what the info said were the 3 main minerals that would be skewed. I need to read things more slowly so that my brain can process them properly....lol

S x

confused Community Regular
I had a really fun night! I didnt get to bed until around 2..and now I'm headed for work....but I'm really glad I got brave and didnt stay home. :)

Glad you had fun. Next year im determined to be out there on new years eve lol. I was up til 11

paula

AndreaB Contributor
sorry i have not been posting the levaquin is kicking my butt. So here are my symptoms if anyone has any thing helpful that would be great. Its been like 2 weeks the first week I had major flu like symptoms and the bottoms of my feet which get occasional pains really flared up. This week I feel weak , nauseaus, headache and feet still hurting but less flu like.

Sounds like it's been after some serious bugs and that you are on the upswing again. Hang in there Miamia! :D

who is it on here that is from colradao? I would love to met up with someone, sometime.

paula

covsooze Enthusiast

Paula, I'm not in Colarado, but if you ever visit England I'd love to see you :)

Jin, where are you? Hope you survived Christmas and New Year OK

Everyone, I've got another sore throat. This will be my 4th cold in a row and I've still got the sinus infection. What's the matter with me?

Susie x

PS going back to work tomorrow so won't have so much time to post

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast
Just trying to remember to take my meds and stuff, but am not doing too well yesterday and today on the diet, Donna and Kassandra. Had cookies and pie.

Good for you...at least you're starting at something! I have not even tried to watch what I eat...ugh. Getting nauseous really throws me for a loop...afterall, who wants to eat chicken and veggies when you feel like puking...lol!

YAY! You made plans and had fun! :P

Everyone,

I had a terrible night's sleep! Ugh...I fell asleep at about 3.45 and then woke up about 6 times throughout the night. I finally woke up at 10.45 this morning. I am worried that since I didn't take a sleeping pill, my body is kinda freaking out. Oh well.

I think I am starting to herx because I have major body pains....yuck. Or, it could be from the lack of sleep...lol.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Julie is from Colorado.

Rachel, glad you got out!!

I think I am starting to herx because I have major body pains....yuck.

Sounds like it could be.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Oh duh, sorry, that should have read: what is an LLMD and ART?

ART is my favorite methed of testing. If I had to choose only one test I'd keep this one since its been the most accurate and the most helpful for me.

Not only has it helped to determine where the problems are in my body...but also what the best methods of treatment are. Since I'm sensitive to many things ART has helped with avoiding pitfalls and setbacks with treatments that my body may not be ready for...or that I may not respond well to for other reasons.

Its a more advanced form of kinesiology developed by Dr. Klinghardt.

Open Original Shared Link

Rachel--24 Collaborator
What's the name of this book? I might need to get that one.

I read an excellent book on vaccinations. Its very informative. First half is alot of info about thimerosal, the role vaccs play in the development of autism and other conditions, some scientificness about mercury, etc. The second half gives all the pros and cons of each vaccine (which ones can be dangerous, etc) and also provides an alterantive safer vaccination schedule.

The book is called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave.

I highly recommend it for all the mommies. :)

I bought the book for a friend but read most of it before I passed it on.

So while we're on the subject of vaccs....everyone's who's got kids...tell me what you know!!

My friends daughter is not 2 yet....she'll be 2 in Feb. She's been sick alot since birth....was born with asthma. When I say "sick"....I'm talking frequent colds, fevers, vomiting...stuff like that. She just catches alot of viruses I guess.

She doesnt have ear infections, excema or anything like that. Her growth is probably normal. No signs of any ASD.....except she does walk on her tippy toes....ALL the time. That one is common in kids with mercury toxicity....its a common autistic trait but kids can do it for other reasons as well.

To my knowledge theres no history of frequent abx use...no gastro symptoms. :)

Shes highly social...not withdrawn at all...very smart...etc.

My friend (the mommy) is concerned about the toe-walking and the frequent sickness.....and because of what shes learned from me shes trying to learn about the vaccs. Shes worried what might happen if she continues with them..if her daiughter is showing some signs of having weakened immunity from previous vaccs??

I think listening to my scientificness has put the "scare" into her :ph34r: ...but yeah....its GOOD to be in the know!!

Anyways...if she were my baby I'd be worried too. Shes the cutest "princess" ever and I dont want anything bad to happen to her....so yeah...I want more info. from all the mommies!! :P

I dont know if shes had MMR. I already said if she hasnt...I wouldnt do it. I would wait and try to do them seperately...instead of "all in one". Its free of thimerosal but the live viruses can do some damage to an already weakened immune system possibly burdened with metals from previous vaccs.

I just dont know what all the "rules" are with the vaccs???

My friend said shes due for more shots. Once she waas given 3 in one day...I cant recall if she said she was sick after the shots??? I think she did say she was sick for maybe a week?? I cant be positive....you know....brainfog and all. :rolleyes:

So shes due for more....the Dr. wants her to get a flu shot!! :o

I dont think its the best idea. <_<

Do they routinely give flu shots to the kids?? In my mind its another neurotoxin heinosity...another insult to the childs immune system....when the immune system isnt even fully developed yet!

WTH are these Dr.'s thinking??!!

Anyways...I remember a sign at a Dr.'s office saying that they took thimerosal out of the flu shots for kids??? Is that true?? Would you give your kid a flu shot if they were getting sick on a regular basis? Her asthma also acts up when shes sick.

I know alot of the scientificness and can pass those details on....but I'm not a mommy and havent done a ton of research into the vaccinations....other than the after-effects....when damage is already done and the immune system is heavily burdened.

Now I wanna know how to go about avoiding that possibility by making smart choices re: vaccines. I know that there are many who dont vaccinate at all....what are the risks with that?? I think some of that is discussed in the book I mentioned but I didnt read alot of the second half.

I do think the vaccs are important....just not so many of them!! And NOT the ones containing thimerosal!! The book said for each vacc with thimerosal...there is now an alternative that is mercury free and this can be used on request?? Anyone know if thats true??

I'll probably have more questions later...might even start another thread...but I figured I'd ask you guys first. ;)

Oh yeah...and what are the laws here in Ca.???

VioletBlue Contributor

I have a problem with sulfites. Many dried fruit products use sulfites to preserve color, and many chemically processed starches are treated with sulfites to prevent color changes and or bleach them. Sulfites are also used and or occur naturally in other foods in varying degrees.

I've read that most people with a sulfite allergy suffer asthma attacks. But for me, the food or drink with sulfites either goes right through me in record time or makes me physically uncomfortable within minutes. But then I've had chronic bronchitis for so long I doubt I'd know of I was having an asthma attack. I'd probably assume it was just another bronchitis coughing fit.

I am trying to use the powers of the internet, but does anyone know of anything that causes mouth-to-butt GI problems with any form of sugar/fruit/grain/starch?

This cannot be normal. I refuse to believe I must subsist off of meat and vegetables.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I wouldn't do the flu shot myself. There are supposed to be thimerosal free ones but they aren't common and they do run out of them.

California should have the religious and the philosophical exemptions available.

If she can afford it, I would refer her to one of the doctors you've seen for ART or the other person you saw for muscle testing that does the LED's.

She can hold off on the shots and give herself more time to get some answers as to her daughters state of health and whether she even wants to continue with any vac's.

Edit. They do have thimerosal free vaccines. I think Seth's were free but it was still enough to push him over the edge. I've also heard they are using up the stock of old vaccines with thimerosal.

confusedks Enthusiast

Rachel,

I am not a mommy either, :P but I do have a couple things to say about this. I don't know a lot about mercury toxicity, etc. but I do know that I had all my "regular" vaccs when I was a kid because the school district I'm in was VERY strict about having all of my vaccs up to date. I never had any problems with any of them.

I was NEVER given the flu shot because I used to put up such a fight whenever I had to have shots, my mom just figured it wasn't worth it, and if I was meant to get the flu, then so be it! She'd rather deal with a sick kid for a couple days than have to take me to the Dr. to get a shot :ph34r: ...I was a nightmare about shots...lol.

I don't think there is any point in the flu shot personally, other than to make lots of money off of people. But I do think there is some validity to some shots, I think they serve a purpose. We have modern science and I think it needs to be used for things.

The toe walking thing, I know a little boy who used to do that and it turned out he had a problem with his Achilles tendon that was genetic and he got his feet braced for a while and he was fine...so it may not be related, but I don't know. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
the school district I'm in was VERY strict about having all of my vaccs up to date.

They all are ... it's just that there are exemptions.

thanks carla for letting me know its julie from colorado

paula

rachel,

I know my cousin use to walk on his toes. They even thought he had aurism for awhile. They neer diagnosed him as autistic tho. He has problems with metal, i know my aunt has to put vaseline on his belly button when he wears jeans with buttons. He was also on some anti-depressants for awhile but my mom made her take him off of them cause they were doing more harm then good.

Do you think the allergic reactions could have anything to do with metal toxicty. I know even if i talked to her she would think i was nuts. But if it would be something i needed to tell her for her safety i would.

My boys have all had shots. My 7 yr old does have some problems when it comes to readid, but it is more that he is bored with it, if you give him stuff to read about sports he can read just fine, but for regular stuff he has problems. That is why he had to re-do 1st grade, but he is very smart in math.

If i would know now what i know about shots, i wouldnt even had the boys have them. But the drs said i had to cause my 6 yr old was a premie. None of my kids had flu shots and i only got it once when i worked in a nursing home and i got so sick from it that i refuse to ever get one again, even my parents refuse to get them cause my dad got really sick from one years ago.

paula

aprilh Apprentice

Rachel,

I am still in the learning phase on the whole vaccine issue. But one thing I don't do is the flu shot. It is very high in thermerisol. And from what I have read the thermerisol free ones are laden with aluminum. Aluminum and Mercury are a BAD combo in the body. There is a lot of info on mercola.com about NOT getting the flu shot.

What I did when Aiden was older, after many health issues, is I split up shots. I NEVER gave him more than 1 shot at a time and he couldn't even have the slightest cold or sniffle when he got one. The dr. always thought it was fine but whatever - i don't care what he says on that!!! He got really sick when I let the dr give him a shot when he was already having a cold and his immunity was down.

I can't remember when they get the MMR, but I do think you can split those up. I think it is around that age though.

Also, now before I get any shots, I run it by the ND first. Just in case. That might be a good option for your friend. She tells me which ones are more toxic, which ones are not needed - for instance the Hep A or B (can't remember but its the one where if you come in contact with blood???) - is not needed at this age. Its the one they try to give in the hospital at birth.

I am going to get that book you mentioned.

She could try the unprovoked uralysis. It showed a lot for my little one.

confusedks Enthusiast

While we are on the note of vaccs, I asked a while ago about the HPV shot, and I was wondering what the cons of getting the shot are? I have never had any problems with shots, so would I have increased odds of being affected since I am "ill"? I had one already (in august I think) and I did fine with it...so why should I believe it would be a bad thing?

I truly don't know about this. I read some articles saying that it's not fool-proof, etc. and I get that...but wouldn't it be better to use a shot that could prevent Cancer?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Also, now before I get any shots, I run it by the ND first. Just in case. That might be a good option for your friend. She tells me which ones are more toxic, which ones are not needed - for instance the Hep A or B (can't remember but its the one where if you come in contact with blood???) - is not needed at this age. Its the one they try to give in the hospital at birth.
Yeah, Hepatitis .... it's transmitted the same way as AIDS .... when I did get my kids shots, I still skipped that one ... I told the doctor that if my kids were at risk for AIDS, I would warn them to get the Hep vaccine! <_<

Also, chicken pox ... maybe good for an adult who never had it, but they don't know how long it's good for .... plus vaccines in general aren't fool-proof, so it's just better for a kid to get the chicken pox!

While we are on the note of vaccs, I asked a while ago about the HPV shot, and I was wondering what the cons of getting the shot are? I have never had any problems with shots, so would I have increased odds of being affected since I am "ill"? I had one already (in august I think) and I did fine with it...so why should I believe it would be a bad thing?

I truly don't know about this. I read some articles saying that it's not fool-proof, etc. and I get that...but wouldn't it be better to use a shot that could prevent Cancer?

HPV is a virus that can cause cervical cancer. It's sexually transmitted. Cervical cancer is what they check for in your pap smear. If caught early, it's about as dangerous as skin cancer ... they just cut it off in the same way as skin cancer (I'm not talking about melanoma). I would rather get a pap smear yearly than get the shot.

I've read something recently on why it's bad, but can't remember ... check out www.909shot.com .... they have pretty good, balanced info on all types of vaccines.

Years ago I read that there was an outbreak of whooping cough in Cincinnati ... 75% of the people who got it were vaccinated against it!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Here's an article on it ... in fact, the whole page looks interesting, but I'll cut and past the part I referred to.

N Engl J Med. 1994 Jul 7;331 (1):16-21 8202096 [Cited: 8]

The 1993 epidemic of pertussis in Cincinnati. Resurgence of disease in a highly immunized population of children.

C D Christie , M L Marx , C D Marchant , S F Reising

BACKGROUND. In 1993 there was a resurgence of pertussis in the United States. Altogether, 6335 cases were reported, the most in 26 years. METHODS. Using active microbiologic surveillance, we investigated the epidemic of pertussis in Greater Cincinnati in 1993. The population of 1.7 million in this area is served by a single children's hospital and pertussis laboratory. We prospectively followed patients given a new diagnosis of pertussis in July through September 1993 to determine the characteristics of the epidemic. RESULTS. From 1979 to 1992, there was a cumulative total of 542 cases of pertussis. In 1993, 352 cases were diagnosed, an increase of 259 percent over the 1992 total. Sixty-three percent of the cases had positive cultures for Bordetella pertussis, 18 percent were positive on direct fluorescent-antibody testing only, and 19 percent were diagnosed clinically. The outbreak began in the suburbs during the summer and spread through Greater Cincinnati. Of 255 total cases diagnosed in July through September (195 excess cases over the maximal base-line level of 20 per month in the previous 14 years), 75 percent were in white patients and 67 percent of the patients had private insurance or paid for care out of pocket. In 1993, as compared with 1979 through 1992, there was a shift in incidence from younger infants to older children; the percentages of cases according to age group were as follows: 0 to 6 months, 53 percent from 1979 through 1992 and 35 percent in 1993 (P < 0.001); 7 months to 5 years, 33 percent and 43 percent (P < 0.002); 6 to 12 years, 5 percent and 11 percent (P < 0.001); and more than 12 years, 5 percent and 11 percent (P < 0.003). Immunization records revealed that 74 percent (75 of 101) of the children with pertussis who were 19 months to 12 years old had received four or five doses of the combined diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus (DPT) vaccine, and that 82 percent (103 of 126) of those 7 to 71 months old had received at least three doses of DPT vaccine. The whole-cell vaccines used came from both of the major manufacturers (Connaught Laboratories and Lederle Laboratories). Disease was not severe, but 80 of the 255 children (31 percent) given diagnoses during the three epidemic months were hospitalized. There were no deaths. CONCLUSIONS. Since the 1993 pertussis epidemic in Cincinnati occurred primarily among children who had been appropriately immunized, it is clear that the whole-cell pertussis vaccine failed to give full protection against the disease.

Mesh-terms: Adolescent; Adult; Child; Child, Preschool; Disease Outbreaks; Female; Human; Infant; Male; Middle Aged; Ohio, epidemiology; Pertussis Vaccine; Seasons; Vaccination, statistics & numerical data; Whooping Cough, epidemiology; Whooping Cough, ethnology; Whooping Cough, prevention & control;

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hey, Dr. B, not "the" Dr. B, but the Dr. B of terrain vs. germ theory, is posting on LN!!

aprilh Apprentice

I read some interesting info on Mercola about that shot. You might check it out.

If it were me I would at the very least wait until I was in better health. You just don't know what those shots can do when your immunity is down.

confusedks Enthusiast

Man, LN can get really intense!!! :unsure: Sheesh, people get really upset over things! I wonder if Lyme does that to the brain? LOL! Carla, do you think it's real that Dr. B is posting? Or do you think it's a set-up?

April, Thanks. I did some research and I found out that only 2 out of the 13 strains of HPV are protected against by the vaccine...sorry, but that's not enough of the virus to be protected for me to risk lowering my immune system more than it's already been lowered!

AndreaB Contributor
I did some research and I found out that only 2 out of the 13 strains of HPV are protected against by the vaccine...sorry, but that's not enough of the virus to be protected for me to risk lowering my immune system more than it's already been lowered!

Good plan. :)

That shot has a very poor track record already. :(

Archived