Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kempy99

gluten-free Sun Screen

Has anyone had any luck getting confirmation from the manufacturer about gluten-free sun screen for kids. Hawaiian Tropic cannot guarentee that theirs is. Here' s the response I got from them:

Thank you for your email. With our present raw material information, we

can not say for certain that a product is Gluten-Free. We will not be

able to make any recommendation as to which of our products would be all

right for you to use. Based on this we don't feel it's appropriate for

us to make a recommendation that could affect the health of someone who

is sensitive to gluten.

Also what level of risk are we looking at? Is it that the gluten could be absorbed by the skin and get into his sytem or is it just if he would ingest some of it? (residue on hands, etc...)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Has anyone had any luck getting confirmation from the manufacturer about gluten-free sun screen for kids. Hawaiian Tropic cannot guarentee that theirs is. Here' s the response I got from them:

Thank you for your email. With our present raw material information, we

can not say for certain that a product is Gluten-Free. We will not be

able to make any recommendation as to which of our products would be all

right for you to use. Based on this we don't feel it's appropriate for

us to make a recommendation that could affect the health of someone who

is sensitive to gluten.

Also what level of risk are we looking at? Is it that the gluten could be absorbed by the skin and get into his sytem or is it just if he would ingest some of it? (residue on hands, etc...)

Maybe you can try the Aruba Aloe tanning lotion. In the States it is distributed by Aruba Aloe of America INC,OP Box 24777 Florida Tampa oe www, arubaaloe.com

Our aloe is very natural and for my son it is oke but you can allways check their website. Also the Zwitsal products ar gluten free...

greetings from

aruba

It's a get it on your hands / face, get it in your mouth situation. Thorough washing would work, but then you leave your hands uncovered. And then you touch your body and then your mouth and then you don't need sunscreen because you are in the bathroom. lol

Playtex/Banana Boat:

All sunscreens (lotions and sprays) are gluten-free. This includes the Water Babies and Kids No Tears sunscreen.

**Their Indoor Tanning Lotion is NOT gluten-free.

This is current- I called last week.

Tania