This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fast Food

tgcatmr

celiacfreeman Contributor

Any one had the Burger king Chili before? I don't have any stomach problems to

tell if theres gluten in there or not. I went to Wendy's and they were out of a

baked potatoes and the taco salad and their chili. So I drove to Burger King and

guess I just took a big chance woofing down their chili. I was starving.

Ps I did not think I had any symptoms but since eating gluten free for 35 days

My iron is up to 11.4

I'm sleeping through the night

I'm not irriated by people

I can SEE at night

no need for preperation H

My skin has color again

wow

• 4 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jillcole Newbie

I'm confused. I too am fairly new to this but if you go to the home page of this web site (celiac.com) and go to the link 'mainstream products that are gluten-free' it has a ton of candy. Butterfingers, snickers and a lot more. There are a ton of gluten-free brownie recipes and mixes. Certainly enough to cure any sweet tooth. I have printed off all the safe and forbidden food lists but both my son & I (mostly me) find this diet fairly easy. I feel like I have a good grasp on what is legal but now I am concerned. Am I missing something?

Also a wonderful recipie for fried chicken breast is as follows:

1. Dust your chicken with a legal flour

2. Roll it in soaked ground flaxseed. (2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 2/3

cup of lukewarm water. Give this mix time to absorb. 4 to 5 minutes.

3. roll it in brown rice bread crumbs. I have only used HOL-GRAIN bread crumbs.

4. Then put in in your pan with olive oil, salt it and cook it. Make sure you have

enough HOT oil so your chicken does not stick.

This is a 5 star out of 5. I make it for company & they love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Debbierb Newbie

Hi

I'm a newly diagnosis celiac (4 weeks) and I found this board when my doctor said he suspected I had celiac disease after an endoscopy. (Of course since then the biopsy and blood test were positive) Since I had never heard of it I immediately turned to the internet and found this site.

After reading a lot of the messages and info I was really excited to have a place to talk to people and learn from people who have had a lot more experience then me.

In all the reading here I've done, I learned of a site www.safetoeat.net that had a list of items that are safe at different fast food places and I also learned about the Outback.

I have to tell you, today was the first day I was really feeling down (pretty depressed) since my diagnosis. It could have to do with the fact that I went for a family birthday gathering at a pizza place last night. This had already been set up before my family new about me having celiac disease and there was nothing I could eat except salad. I hate salads!

This morning my daughter kept after me to take her to the mall and so I finally agreed to do it and I thought 'I need to eat before we go' so I don

Archived